PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Tete

Pages : [1] 2

Liam_Palace
27-06-2017, 09:46 PM
http://www.football-oranje.com/lyon-crystal-palace-market-tete/

According to Voetbal International, Olympique Lyon and Crystal Palace are among the clubs hoping to sign Ajax right-back Kenny Tete.

Tete seemed to be on his way to Galatasaray last week after the Turkish side agreed a fee with Ajax, believed to be around €3 million. However, Tete isn’t interested in the move and has turned down the offer from Turkey.

Now according to Voetbal International, Tete has a wide range of clubs to choose from with interest out of England, Spain and Italy. The report states that Lyon and Crystal Palace are among the sides hoping to snap up the 21-year-old, although no concrete bid has yet been made.

The interest from Crystal Palace seems obvious since Frank de Boer took over the club on Monday. The former Ajax boss was the one who handed Tete his first team debut in Amsterdam and is clearly still following the Netherlands international.

dilem
27-06-2017, 09:48 PM
3 mill yes plz

CharlieCPFC
27-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Someone on here has been banging on about him.

RisZero
27-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I know nothing of him but ill trust the BBS scouting network :p

Malarkey
27-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Yes please

CP-RJW
27-06-2017, 10:10 PM
3 million for a 21 year old Dutch international right back from the best youth producers in club football? Sounds a bit too good to be true.

thereichstuff
27-06-2017, 10:13 PM
For sure .

CharlieCPFC
27-06-2017, 10:13 PM

I'm not one of those smug lot on here who claim to know the ability of every player from the Luxembourg fourth division. But I do watch Ajax a lot, he's very highly regarded there but lost his way under Peter Bosz as he preferred Veltman at right back. Some Ajax fans say he's the most talented right back at the club in years, defensively also he is very, very good.

It was only a year ago Man United were on the trail of him.

RisZero
27-06-2017, 10:15 PM
I'm not one of those smug lot on here who claim to know the ability of every player from the Luxembourg fourth division. But I do watch Ajax a lot, he's very highly regarded there but lost his way under Peter Bosz as he preferred Veltman at right back. Some Ajax fans say he's the most talented right back at the club in years, defensively also he is very, very good.

It was only a year ago Man United were on the trail of him.

I was going to say that regardless of all this, simply replacing Ward for £3m would be great business in this crazy market

McpfcS
27-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Am I right in thinking he barely played last season? Or is transfermarkt wrong?

dan27
27-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Get him in now. Quality player. Can't believe he'd only be £3million.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
27-06-2017, 10:41 PM
13 appearances according to Soccerbase. So not many games.

RisZero
27-06-2017, 10:46 PM

CharlieCPFC explained 2 posts above yours that he is out of favor under the current manager, but was De Boers RB

bourne man
27-06-2017, 10:47 PM
QUALITY

McpfcS
27-06-2017, 10:50 PM
CharlieCPFC explained 2 posts above yours that he is out of favor under the current manager, but was De Boers RB

Ah my bad. Still raises some risks (albeit not for €3m) but RdeB will know his strengths better than most.

Popester
27-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Can he head? That's the question.

jimmy the gent
27-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Or as it's otherwise known, FM2017

jimmy the gent
27-06-2017, 11:22 PM
He could form the holy trinity of full backs called Kenny, along with Sampson, and the chap we had on loan around 1995 whose name escapes me right now...

Jim Cannon
27-06-2017, 11:24 PM
He could form the holy trinity of full backs called Kenny, along with Sampson, and the chap we had on loan around 1995 whose name escapes me right now...

Do you mean Kenny Sansom

And Ashley Cole though it was more like 2000 ish

Edit Kenny Brown?

jimmy the gent
27-06-2017, 11:33 PM
Lol yes, Sansom. Yep Kenny Brown, did a job as i recall, was gutted didn't sign him permanently at the time.

DARZET EAGLE
27-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Do you mean Kenny Sansom

Edit Kenny Brown?

Correct, came from West Ham on loan, but only made six appearances.

Jim Cannon
27-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Correct, came from West Ham on loan, but only made six appearances.

I just saw on wiki they reckon he only played 6 games too Darzet, but think he could have played more than that. He joined on deadline day and also played the play off matches that season.

jimmy the gent
27-06-2017, 11:39 PM
scored in the play offs didn't he? Or at the tail end of season, in a key game.

Jim Cannon
27-06-2017, 11:43 PM
He deffo scored on his debut, the 4-1 thrashing of millwall at the den

ForzaPalace
27-06-2017, 11:45 PM
This thread went off track in record time

SeaEagle
27-06-2017, 11:46 PM
Nice to see us trying to get ahead in this transfer window.

aj4england
27-06-2017, 11:51 PM
I was going to say that regardless of all this, simply replacing Ward for £3m would be great business in this crazy market

Happy to have a low cost and great potential right back , but don't write Joel off . Respect to Ward

RisZero
28-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Happy to have a low cost and great potential right back , but don't write Joel off . Respect to Ward

With respect to Ward, we dont need another RB that cant replace him

richdeniro
28-06-2017, 12:17 AM
He's a wonderkid on Football Manager if that's anything to go by.

RuBuBu Blarbly
28-06-2017, 12:27 AM
Away at Charlton. Play offs first leg. Carl Veart got the other one in a 2-1 win.

cpfcben
28-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Massive respect for Joel Ward. He needs decent competition but certainly not to be cast aside. A fantastic pro and a guy that genuinely cares. Through thick and thin he is always been there. Never shirks his responsibilities. Sunderland at home was one of the key moments.

Lombardo's hair
28-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Ah my bad. Still raises some risks (albeit not for €3m) but RdeB will know his strengths better than most.

I'm apologising now. ....but please will you and some others please remember our manager us FDB. I know they look alike but thy are different people!!!!!!!!!

RisZero
28-06-2017, 12:36 AM
Massive respect for Joel Ward. He needs decent competition but certainly not to be cast aside. A fantastic pro and a guy that genuinely cares. Through thick and thin he is always been there. Never shirks his responsibilities. Sunderland at home was one of the key moments.

The best player for the team plays. If he can up his game above any signings fair enough, but we definitely should not be buying players who are auto-behind existing squad members

jimmy the gent
28-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Carl Veart got the other one in a 2-1 win.

Goal machine.

RedStripe Eagle
28-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Goal machine.
Another goal of the season candidate from the goal machine, Ndah's mis struck overhead kick and the goal machine heads in on his knees from 2 yards!!! Loved that game - our goals were awesome as was Nige's save from Lief Erik andersen's attempted headed back pass for the clowns opener!!:D:D

Eagle Kneevil
28-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Double Dutch at full back with PvA on the left.

IW_Eagle
28-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Is he as good as Zeke Fryers?

CharlieCPFC
28-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Is he as good as Zeke Fryers?

I'm as good as Zeki Fryers

Friskey
28-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Sounds exciting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ajaxdaily.com/2017/keeping-kenny-tete-is-of-paramount-importance/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2638538.amp.html

http://www.football-oranje.com/top-50-u21-stars-watch-kenny-tete/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.squawka.com/news/eight-next-big-things-coming-out-of-the-eredivisie/600799%3Famp-on

biggus mickus
28-06-2017, 07:54 AM

Read the thread. You will find the answer.

Ardent Eagle Forever
28-06-2017, 08:00 AM
http://www.football-oranje.com/lyon-crystal-palace-market-tete/

According to Voetbal International, Olympique Lyon and Crystal Palace are among the clubs hoping to sign Ajax right-back Kenny Tete.

Tete seemed to be on his way to Galatasaray last week after the Turkish side agreed a fee with Ajax, believed to be around €3 million. However, Tete isn’t interested in the move and has turned down the offer from Turkey.

Now according to Voetbal International, Tete has a wide range of clubs to choose from with interest out of England, Spain and Italy. The report states that Lyon and Crystal Palace are among the sides hoping to snap up the 21-year-old, although no concrete bid has yet been made.

The interest from Crystal Palace seems obvious since Frank de Boer took over the club on Monday. The former Ajax boss was the one who handed Tete his first team debut in Amsterdam and is clearly still following the Netherlands international.

Kenny Tete. Good thing his first name is not Dick like a lot of Dutchmen. Given that his last name more or less is French for Head:D

Sick Bucket
28-06-2017, 08:01 AM
If we start buying Ajax players and can form something of a special relationship with them it will give me a semi.

I was born and grew up just outside A'dam, have a lot of mates who are Ajax supporters, I'd love it would be fantastic!

Yeah get this kid in ASAP

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Whenever I hear the words special relationship I cringe. Ajax don't give a toss about Palace but would sell us a player or 2 that they don't want, if the money is right!

Sick Bucket
28-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Whenever I hear the words special relationship I cringe. Ajax don't give a toss about Palace but would sell us a player or 2 that they don't want, if the money is right!

Of course they don't but FDB knows the club inside out and the players and the club all have one eye on the Prem. because of the money.

Is that better?

mystery_man
28-06-2017, 09:53 AM
So he's a right Tete?

exiledeagle
28-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Ward is decent player , has ability and I think he will show he can adapt . Rarely misses a game , all our Managers pick him . We have other positions that need strengthening , yes Ward needs competition , but he is a good character and am surprised people are saying replace him with someone most know nothing about .

Malarkey
28-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Ward is decent player Rarely misses a game , all our Managers pick him

because he has no competition tbf

jimos_uk
28-06-2017, 11:08 AM
because he has no competition tbf

I think that's probably the main reason he's declined in the last couple of years - no one snapping at his heels.

This would be a good signing. If we could get him AND Veitman in, I could probably live without signing Sahko (although it would be utterly amazing if we could).

Would probably come in sub £10m, leaving us with enough to pick up a quality creative midfielder, GK and possibly a striker to support Ben and Wickham.

That would leave us in really good shape for the year, I think.

mrB
28-06-2017, 11:13 AM
If someone takes him out we can all shout 'you bastard'

elgin eagle
28-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Sounds exciting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ajaxdaily.com/2017/keeping-kenny-tete-is-of-paramount-importance/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2638538.amp.html

http://www.football-oranje.com/top-50-u21-stars-watch-kenny-tete/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.squawka.com/news/eight-next-big-things-coming-out-of-the-eredivisie/600799%3Famp-on

Liking that third link. Lighting quick and strong in the tackle. Joel Ward really earnt his money playing every minute last season and it's good if he gets some young competition. Picture was taken after he was told 'Crystal Palace are after you', I think.

thereichstuff
28-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I'd be surprised if there wasn't any contact made already.

elgin eagle
28-06-2017, 11:18 AM
If someone takes him out we can all shout 'you bastard'

:D

FMH57
28-06-2017, 11:23 AM

So we replace Ward , ever present in the Premier League last season, has played a total of 141 Premier games over the past four seasons (92% of our matches), with a 21 year old who has played a total of 26 matches in total over the past two seasons in the Eredivisie,and is only valued at Eur 3 million ?
Hazard, Sanchez, De Bruyne etc would have a field day.

gilesy14
28-06-2017, 11:27 AM
So we replace Ward , ever present in the Premier League last season, has played a total of 141 Premier games over the past four seasons (92% of our matches), with a 21 year old who has played a total of 26 matches in total over the past two seasons in the Eredivisie,and is only valued at Eur 3 million ?

Yeah. Let's never replace Ward. Looking forward to him still going strong at right back for us at the age of 58.

bigend1
28-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Ward is decent player , has ability and I think he will show he can adapt . Rarely misses a game , all our Managers pick him . We have other positions that need strengthening , yes Ward needs competition , but he is a good character and am surprised people are saying replace him with someone most know nothing about .

Couldn't agree more... except about being surprised... you're not though are you? On the bbs?! Nah

bigend1
28-06-2017, 11:29 AM
P.s. Ward does need competition/back up and with our other squad requirements a 3m kid full of potential could be perfect for that to be fair. No idea about this kid mind

HRS
28-06-2017, 11:32 AM
If he's good enough to play in the Premier League is in his early twenties and available for £3m it's a no brainer. Not convinced Ward is up to scratch as a WB either so if Tete can play there it would make us a bit more flexible tactically as well.

Chris K
28-06-2017, 11:37 AM
At £3m sounds like a perfect backup for Ward and if he fulfils his potential then someone to take his place in the future

CharlieCPFC
28-06-2017, 11:45 AM
At £3m sounds like a perfect backup for Ward and if he fulfils his potential then someone to take his place in the future

He won't be the perfect backup, he'll be the perfect replacement imo.

Martin H
28-06-2017, 11:51 AM

Errrm, if he is a better player, then why not? If not then we have bought cover and potential for the future? If FDB thinks he is good enough, I suspect he is.

I understand why everyone has a favourite player but I don't understand why there is so much upset when they are replaced by a better player.

Re Ward, I would agree that he has been a rock for us since settling in. Probably underestimated but I suspect highly valued by his team mates. At only 28 in October he isn't finished by any stretch and keeps himself in good shape. I would expect FDB to demand he gets up and down that right hand side and he will need to work on accuracy of his crossing and passing into the AM.

RisZero
28-06-2017, 11:52 AM
To the "he needs competition not replacing" crew... to provide competition you should be bringing in someone capable of getting ahead of him into the first team. This is just common sense otherwise your competition only makes your team worse if they ever get a start.

Therefore you buy someone who *can* replace Ward. That doesnt mean Ward is dead and buried, its then up to him to up his game and claim that spot as his own. Thats what competition is ffs :D

CaterhamEagle
28-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Ideal player for us in a position we need (whether you call Joel first choice or not), young and very good quality. This would be a very good signing imo.

mean
28-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Have a look at the clips of him on Youtube before you judge. I know they are only clips, and they wouldn't show the bad bits, but he looks very like a younger, slightly taller Nathanial Clyne to me. Looks a decent shout to me.

Hector
28-06-2017, 12:07 PM
To the "he needs competition not replacing" crew... to provide competition you should be bringing in someone capable of getting ahead of him into the first team. This is just common sense otherwise your competition only makes your team worse if they ever get a start.

Therefore you buy someone who *can* replace Ward. That doesnt mean Ward is dead and buried, its then up to him to up his game and claim that spot as his own. Thats what competition is ffs :D

We should be trying to bring in players who will replace current players. Ward's a good wholehearted player and top bloke but there are better.

DARZET EAGLE
28-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Joel Ward has and will continue to be a great servant to Palace. I think his game will benefit under FDB, but there is no doubt that not having an alternative in the squad to challenge him and keep him on his toes is a problem. Tete could solve that, despite his inexperience. I like the fact that he is only 21 and can develope. I hope our new manager goes for youth as suggested, particularly as the current average age of our squad is 28 and he needs fitness and energy in the team to play a pressing game.

Stockport_Eagle
28-06-2017, 01:21 PM
From Ajax, check
Age 21-24, check
Relatively low cost, check
Knows Frank, check (I assume)
Position needs strengthening, check

Ticks all the boxes...could be a rumour for that reason alone, or could have legs...who knows...

Mr Palace
28-06-2017, 01:50 PM
From Ajax, check
Age 21-24, check
Relatively low cost, check
Knows Frank, check (I assume)
Position needs strengthening, check

Ticks all the boxes...could be a rumour for that reason alone, or could have legs...who knows...

I wouldn't sign him if he doesn't have any legs.

Boom.

Mr Palace
28-06-2017, 01:51 PM
He does sound like a good player and fit for us. Ward needs competition.

mikeywm3
28-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Matt Law reporting it now too. Also mentions Joel Veltman:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/28/crystal-palace-target-kenny-tete-ajax/

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 01:52 PM

I don't know how anyone would know if other players would have a field day against him. He might be very good. All i know is that it is easy to keep your place in a team when nobody is challenging for your position

Danny boy
28-06-2017, 01:58 PM

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Matt Law reporting it now too. Also mentions Joel Veltman:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/28/crystal-palace-target-kenny-tete-ajax/

Also mentions we are looking for a keeper. I bloody hope that bit is true

Stockport_Eagle
28-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't sign him if he doesn't have any legs.

Boom.
Knew I was setting that up as I typed it :p :lux:

Sceagle
28-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Ajax fans love him

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Of course they don't but FDB knows the club inside out and the players and the club all have one eye on the Prem. because of the money.

Is that better?

Much better thanks:D

It wasn't a dig at you, more at Ajax btw

james powell
28-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Obligatory YouTube video

oK3yef2Miz0

Mr Palace
Knew I was setting that up as I typed it :p :lux:

SmokeyStover7
He will leave Ajax this summer and their fans think he was waiting for FDB to choose Palace. There is no chance he will stay. Their fans think he is limited going foward for the Ajax style of play, but promising and very good defensively. Some describe him as the best full back in the Dutch league and think he is worthy of a Milan type club. Apparently there was a big debate between starting Veltman or Tete (and they believe Veltman is overrated at 10m and hope FDB "finally helps Ajax" and buys him, and Veltman apparently said last year that he and his gf would love to live in London). However apparently the fans also think Tete has a big mouth and is essentially forcing his way out of the club.

Tete and Sahko please and the defense is sorted.

SmokeyStover7
28-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Also their fans believe 3M is on the low side for his talent, but reasonable because:

1) He is a backup
2) He plays full back, a position that does not generally command high fees.
3) He wants to leave, and everyone knows it, so no leverage.
4) He only has one year left on his deal.

james powell
28-06-2017, 02:35 PM
The lad does seem to like a slide tackle !!

SmokeyStover7
28-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Obligatory YouTube video

oK3yef2Miz0

Looks like he plays very strong. Love the interception at 4:57.

eaglebhoy
28-06-2017, 02:39 PM
He's a wonderkid on Football Manager if that's anything to go by.

Welllllll.........put it this way, Aguero was a wonder kid on FM too but then so was Anderson that used to play for the wan*ers too, they thought he'd be a next Ronaldinho type, so they win some and they lose some on FM I'm afraid [emoji4]

sloworm
28-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Better than the Tat we usually get linked with. I'd rather Tete for Tat

bigend1
28-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Better than the Tat we usually get linked with. I'd rather Tete for Tat

Oh great someone started off the bbs pun show.

Thanks for Tat you bloody Tete!

Billy Rhino
28-06-2017, 03:20 PM
We could call him K2, or is that a bit too much like CR7?

Stavros 69
28-06-2017, 03:24 PM
2 assists in two seasons from an attacking RB!

RisZero
28-06-2017, 03:30 PM

Is he actually an attacking RB? Seems defensive to me, good pass and cross though

moniker11
28-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Assuming Palace is on a budget this seems like an excellent buy. Him and Veltman for less than 10m leaves money for a legit #10, goalkeeper and hopefully a 2nd striker.

Young, full of potential, cheap, with a huge possible sell on possibilities, wants a bigger platform, knows de Boar, and has tons of pace to go on with that defensive ability. What's not to like or want here?

Martin H
28-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Guessing that FDB has better insight/info than that single stat. Whatever big Frank, or even smallish Frank says is good enough for me :}

FFS, FDB at Palace, this is quite surreal. 😄

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Oh great someone started off the bbs pun show.

Thanks for Tat you bloody Tete!

Has Tete got any Tats btw?

SmokeyStover7
28-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Is he actually an attacking RB? Seems defensive to me, good pass and cross though

Right, he is better defensively than attacking according to Ajax fans.

SmokeyStover7
28-06-2017, 03:52 PM
He seems to use his physicality and strength in the same way Sakho does.

SmokeyStover7
28-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Tete-Sakho-Tomkins-PVA

With Dann Schlupp Ward and Souare as backup. Now that would be exceptional. We would just need a new number 10, GK and backup striker/winger and we would be set.

Lombardo's hair
28-06-2017, 03:58 PM

As said when people criticised wilf. Assists are misleading stats. In some ways meaningless. And goals scored can be misleading too. As critics if Gayle pointed out. Goals in cups bloated his figures. If he can defend and has ability to get forward well and cause problems....then get him especially at £3m

RisZero
28-06-2017, 04:04 PM
As said when people criticised wilf. Assists are misleading stats. In some ways meaningless. And goals scored can be misleading too. As critics if Gayle pointed out. Goals in cups bloated his figures. If he can defend and has ability to get forward well and cause problems....then get him especially at £3m

An assist to my knowledge just means you directly supplied the ball to the goal scorer, its true that you could easily be a key component in hundreds of goals while never actually getting the assist. Ive definitely seen cases where the player who creates the goal is not the one who got the assist.

Bryan
28-06-2017, 04:33 PM
From that video looks very solid, strong and comfortable on the ball just not particularly exciting going forwards. Probably an upgrade on Wardy so might be a good fit.

Friskey
28-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Yeah, doesn't look attacking to me either.

danibutcher
28-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Yesh please!

Sick Bucket
28-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Much better thanks:D

It wasn't a dig at you, more at Ajax btw

:p

I do know what you mean but I was just saying for me personally, given that Ajax was kind of my home club and I played for an amateur team associated with them it would be a dream. And given how close FDB is to the whole set up there its not entirely impossible we could develop some mutually beneficial arrangement.

I'm allowed to dream :D

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-06-2017, 06:34 PM
He does sound ideal. Young, cheap, relationship with FDB, right back, international.

Nigelbrag
28-06-2017, 06:37 PM
There is a lot of a young Clyne in him especially the tenacity in his tackling, yes would make a very good signing especially for the figure that is being touted around.
If we could get Tete and Veltman for a combined fee of around 12m, that would leave FdB with a reasonable budget left over to strengthen other areas of need.
As for Sakho i really do think we need to move on if Liverpool are stubborn on the fee, an alternative Left sided CB could it be Vertognen (spelling?) ex Arsenal and someone that FdB helped develop, i hear Barca are willing to let go on loan or possibly cheaply, now he really is quality.

orp pisshead1
28-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Do you mean Kenny Sansom

Edit Kenny Brown?

Scored against the pikeys in P/O semi finals:lux:.

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Scored against the pikeys in P/O semi finals:lux:.

King Kenny King Kenny King Kenny Brown

the drexciyan
28-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Obligatory YouTube video

oK3yef2Miz0

Thanks for sharing the Tete gallery.

Looks very useful indeed.

exiledeagle
28-06-2017, 09:03 PM
The lad does seem to like a slide tackle !!

Just thinking that not sure how long he would stay on pitch with our refs

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Yep, I wondered about some of those challenges too.

Martin H
28-06-2017, 09:14 PM

Yeah - watched that the other day and to be fair they are good challenges but there seems to be a trend towards giving a foul if they go to ground at all and too often a booking.

DARZET EAGLE
28-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Yep, I wondered about some of those challenges too.

He's clearly a positive (not aggresive)defender, who likes a tackle. A fine line nowadays between his commitment and dangerous play.

gadford4th
28-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Obligatory YouTube video

oK3yef2Miz0

I could make a Joel Ward highlights video that would urinate on this from a great height.

But I can't be bothered.

Aaroncpfc
30-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Speaking to a Dutch football fan on another forum he describes Veltman as ok but really rates Tete. Said he's similar to Walker in terms of style of football.

red&blue_moomin
01-07-2017, 12:25 AM

Yep I can see Hazard, Depay, Coutinho, Mane licking their lips already........

He's quick strong got a bit of ball control. Not the second coming but decent as a back up to Ward to push him. Ward on song is a better fullback based on what I just watched it's just the last 18 months have been so so for Joel with a dip into being complete toilet as well.

PeckhamSpring
01-07-2017, 01:18 AM
Yep I can see Hazard, Depay, Coutinho, Mane licking their lips already........

He's quick strong got a bit of ball control. Not the second coming but decent as a back up to Ward to push him. Ward on song is a better fullback based on what I just watched it's just the last 18 months have been so so for Joel with a dip into being complete toilet as well.

Ward is shit he has no control of a football loses the ball a lot has no pace. Tete would not be his back up:D:D

Cleon
01-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Gut instinct is that Tete sounds like a better signing than Veltman. Specialist right-back being what we need at this moment, whereas I'd much prefer any centre-back we sign to be left-footed....

orp pisshead1
01-07-2017, 09:18 AM
King Kenny King Kenny King Kenny Brown

Indeed :lux:, we upset them celebrating in the executive box we had hired :lux::lux:.

TheCharmer1
01-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Gut instinct is that Tete sounds like a better signing than Veltman. Specialist right-back being what we need at this moment, whereas I'd much prefer any centre-back we sign to be left-footed....

That's my feeling. None of current centre halves can play left of centre, bar dd and he's done. So to get another right sided one seems odd.

orp pisshead1
01-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Speaking to a Dutch football fan on another forum he describes Veltman as ok but really rates Tete. Said he's similar to Walker in terms of style of football.

Only going by the YouTube clip on here he reminds me more of Clyne.

Chris K
01-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Spot on

orp pisshead1
01-07-2017, 11:37 AM
He's clearly a positive (not aggresive)defender, who likes a tackle. A fine line nowadays between his commitment and dangerous play.

Dangerous play :D:D:D (not aimed at you btw DE) just todays pathetic rules it's almost a bloody non contact sport :rolleyes:

PremierPalace
02-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Been left out of Ajax's 25 man training camp

RisZero
02-07-2017, 03:55 PM

:lux::lux:

CP-RJW
02-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Fingers crossed.

Thefunkymonk
02-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Would be a bargain

hedge end eagle
02-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Transfer expected according to a Dutch twitter account, hope it is to us

jimos_uk
02-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Transfer expected according to a Dutch twitter account, hope it is to us

Would be a good start to the summer's dealings, and at a decent price (expect undisclosed, of course).

Martin H
02-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Would be a good start to the summer's dealings, and at a decent price (expect undisclosed, of course).

Stupid I know, because all I know is what I have read over the past 10 days or so and watched highlight videos but this would be a good start to the transfers and should turn out to be excellent value. First lesson might have to be to stay on his feet though :(

Liam_Palace
02-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Seems a fair bit of talk in the French press that he is off to Lyon.

TC EAGLE
02-07-2017, 04:58 PM
He is talking to both Palace and Lyon FDB could swing it our way

McpfcS
02-07-2017, 05:05 PM

If we want to swing it our way. Remember he couldn't get in the Ajax side last year.

CP-RJW
02-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Higher wages, FDB, Premier league>Ligue un in most ways, Lyon have better right backs so higher chance of starting at Palace, you know where to go Kenny.

mroakley9
02-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Tete means head in French, so if he's smart, he'll move to France where he can be the head of the team

Benzhiyi
02-07-2017, 05:44 PM
If we want to swing it our way. Remember he couldn't get in the Ajax side last year.

We're quite a long way off being Champions League qualifiers and Europa League runners-up.

Thefunkymonk
02-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Tete was in Cannes 4 days ago.. SP flew to nice 4 days ago...

in-exile
02-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Would be great move if it happens...

SmokeyStover7
02-07-2017, 06:28 PM
I am confident this is going to happen and I am rarely confident, especially when it is a player that is perfect for us. Plays RB, young, cheap, solid defensively, highly rated and played under FDB.

BBK
02-07-2017, 06:48 PM

Oh no, if he can't get into the Ajax team then he definitely isn't good enough for Crystal Palace.

st albans
02-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Oh no, if he can't get into the Ajax team then he definitely isn't good enough for Crystal Palace.

Haha. Europa league finalists Ajax remember

kabbott
02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Higher wages, FDB, Premier league>Ligue un in most ways, Lyon have better right backs so higher chance of starting at Palace, you know where to go Kenny.

Lyon have two RBs in Rafael (ex Man U) and Christophe Jallet. Rafael is OK going forward but he gets caught out of position so often. Most Lyon fans prefer Jallet because he's a fighter and always gives it 100%. He's not far off the French national team (probably about 4th/5th in the pecking order) but he is getting on now, and Lyon will be looking for an upgrade.
Lyon have the Europa League to offer, but I'd expect him to choose Palace 'cos of the FDB connection.

TheCharmer1
02-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Hard to see from clips, but looks the part

HorleyStu
02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Lyon have two RBs in Rafael (ex Man U) and Christophe Jallet. Rafael is OK going forward but he gets caught out of position so often. Most Lyon fans prefer Jallet because he's a fighter and always gives it 100%. He's not far off the French national team (probably about 4th/5th in the pecking order) but he is getting on now, and Lyon will be looking for an upgrade.
Lyon have the Europa League to offer, but I'd expect him to choose Palace 'cos of the FDB connection.

And we have Joel Ward, such a hard choice for him.

McpfcS
02-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Tbf that's probably the case. It's difficult to imagine anyone not performing consistently well for Ajax being good enough to play PL football.

Jury's out on this guy for me but there's little to suggest he will significantly improve us at RB. And I want to see Ward replaced asap.

theCoach
02-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Hard to see from clips, but looks the part

Very difficult to evaluate from the clip posted here.......may well become first choice right back but don't see Tete being a gimme to start.Agree good competition for wardy and a snip at prices quoted.

SmokeyStover7
02-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Tbf that's probably the case. It's difficult to imagine anyone not performing consistently well for Ajax being good enough to play PL football.

Jury's out on this guy for me but there's little to suggest he will significantly improve us at RB. And I want to see Ward replaced asap.

You do realize that the person ahead of him at right back at Ajax was Veltman, a Dutch international who is wanted by Tottenham? Oh and he's only 21 years old.

The jury is out on any player who is playing for the first time in the PL, but there's a ton to suggest he will improve us at RB.

RisZero
02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
When he was playing it was under De Boer, surely that says enough?

Maidstoned Eagle
02-07-2017, 08:33 PM
You do realize that the person ahead of him at right back at Ajax was Veltman, a Dutch international who is wanted by Tottenham? Oh and he's only 21 years old.

The jury is out on any player who is playing for the first time in the PL, but there's a ton to suggest he will improve us at RB.

Apparently we're in for Veltman too.

McpfcS
02-07-2017, 08:53 PM

I can't see overwhelming evidence that he would improve us at RB. That said I don't think it would take a great deal to improve us in that position so I'm hopeful it will work.

Celestial Empire
02-07-2017, 09:36 PM
A lot of disrespect for Joel Ward from people on here. I would expect Ward to raise his game, as he has done before. The problem is that he has had no competition at RB for a few years.

CP-RJW
02-07-2017, 09:43 PM
I can't see overwhelming evidence that he would improve us at RB. That said I don't think it would take a great deal to improve us in that position so I'm hopeful it will work.
Highly rated 21 year old Dutch international from the best producers of talented youngsters in world football. You don't like the sound of that for just a few million, and don't think he could be a quality player and an upgrade on Ward?

Naboo
02-07-2017, 09:44 PM
A lot of disrespect for Joel Ward from people on here. I would expect Ward to raise his game, as he has done before. The problem is that he has had no competition at RB for a few years.

Joel Ward has been a great servant and is a great lad. He is not however a top10 PL rb. Would still keep him as a valuable squad member

Davy64
02-07-2017, 09:46 PM

He's waiting for more money on the table before signing a new contract.

McpfcS
02-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Highly rated 21 year old Dutch international from the best producers of talented youngsters in world football. You don't like the sound of that for just a few million, and don't think he could be a quality player and an upgrade on Ward?

He could well be. My point is as a 21 year old with limited first team experience and almost entirely sidelined last season there is only limited evidence to suggest he could perform at PL level.

adrenalin john
02-07-2017, 10:43 PM
He could well be. My point is as a 21 year old with limited first team experience and almost entirely sidelined last season there is only limited evidence to suggest he could perform at PL level.

Surely the point is you know **** all about his ability and potential compared to our manager who coached him as a kid and picked him for the first team when he was ready.

I know nothing about the lad but am happy we are looking to provide competition for older, established players by signing talented hungry youngsters

McpfcS
02-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Surely the point is you know **** all about his ability and potential compared to our manager who coached him as a kid and picked him for the first team when he was ready.

I know nothing about the lad but am happy we are looking to provide competition for older, established players by signing talented hungry youngsters

That is also entirely fair.

exiledeagle
02-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Tete was born and raised in Amsterdam to a father from Mozambique and a mother from Indonesia. His father Miguel Tete had relocated to the Netherlands with his family at age 5 during the Mozambican War of Independence, and is a former European heavyweight kickboxing champion, who works at The Bulldog coffeeshop on the Leidseplein in downtown Amsterdam.[16][17] In December 2015 Tete was arrested after a brawl at an Amsterdam coffee-shop and charged with alleging police officers and resisting arrest.[18]

Not sure if the brawl involved him or his Father

El Aguila
02-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Tete was born and raised in Amsterdam to a father from Mozambique and a mother from Indonesia. His father Miguel Tete had relocated to the Netherlands with his family at age 5 during the Mozambican War of Independence, and is a former European heavyweight kickboxing champion, who works at The Bulldog coffeeshop on the Leidseplein in downtown Amsterdam.[16][17] In December 2015 Tete was arrested after a brawl at an Amsterdam coffee-shop and charged with alleging police officers and resisting arrest.[18]

Top biog, sign him up.

danpalace07
02-07-2017, 11:59 PM
Announce Tete

jog on Lyon

Kirby
03-07-2017, 12:01 AM
His father Miguel Tete had relocated to the Netherlands with his family at age 5 during the Mozambican War of Independence, and is a former European heavyweight kickboxing champion, who works at The Bulldog coffeeshop on the Leidseplein in downtown Amsterdam.

Was in there earlier this year. He may have served me.

Get him in.

Old Joe Paxton
03-07-2017, 12:26 AM
Bulldog in Amsterdam. Every young Englishman's rite of passage in Amsters since time immemorial. Along with other establishments

WLYWLYAWYPWF
03-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Leidseplein. I was there once. I don't remember it though.

SmokeyStover7
03-07-2017, 01:00 AM

Reading the Ajax forums his attitude and constant desire to leave was the main criticism. But he is young and we seem to have a good group of lads.

Ward is an excellent squad player who was not only instrumental in our promotion, but his great health has been very important with no quality cover. While he is a limited player I am sure due his versatility that he will play a ton even if we sign Tete.

danpalace07
03-07-2017, 01:43 AM
If we want to control possession and play from the back more we need both full backs to be good on the ball so they can support the wingers and help us evade any pressing opposition forwards and for me there are question marks over Ward with this hence the need for a new RB. Don't really see that as disrespectful, more realistic.

CharlieCPFC
03-07-2017, 05:34 AM
If we want to control possession and play from the back more we need both full backs to be good on the ball so they can support the wingers and help us evade any pressing opposition forwards and for me there are question marks over Ward with this hence the need for a new RB. Don't really see that as disrespectful, more realistic.

Nail on head.

Ward may well thrive under De Boer, but the truth is when in possession Ward doesn't look entirely comfortable and he's pretty hesitant.

Jim Cannon
03-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Leidseplein. I was there once. I don't remember it though.

Bryan
03-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Is Tete offensive?

HorleyStu
03-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Is Tete offensive?

No he's a nice fella.

Kai
03-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Is Tete offensive?

He loves a tete a tete :angel:

Nigelbrag
03-07-2017, 08:44 AM
A lot of over the top comments by many on here about wanting Tete without knowing anything about the guy and his ability apart from little snippets from a video.
I would say the desperation is mainly due to fans need for another RB signing, which is understandable but it needs to be a player that IS an upgrade on Joel Ward if he is to be the First choice.
Yes JW has his weaknesses like not being good at overlapping or an accurate crosser, but on the plus factor is a grafter who closes down attackers reasonably well and gives the defence a good balance, but is not perfect as we know.
As for Tete being his upgrade? i cant say either way as like most i know nothing about the lad apart from that video, but the guy who does FDB is the only one that matters and if he does sign him then i will respect his judgement. But one thing for sure is we need cover/competition and he would be value for money based on figures quoted, hopefully if we get him he proves to be a good signing.

Nostrils
03-07-2017, 09:12 AM
With 6 full international caps, a history of under 17-21's internationals and a number of games in the Eredivise, I think it's fair to say he is of a certain standard. It doesn't mean he'll be a definite success, but with his age, pace, potential cost and the fact that he seems to be good on the ball, it would be a missed opportunity not take a chance when we have so many other areas that are more urgent and will require a larger slice of the budget. He would either be excellent competition for Ward, or with luck, surpass him.

For a moment yesterday I considered watching the full Man Utd final against Ajax just to get a better idea of him against PL opponents, but could neither be arsed or have the stomach to watch that lot win again.

CharlieCPFC
03-07-2017, 09:19 AM
A lot of over the top comments by many on here about wanting Tete without knowing anything about the guy and his ability apart from little snippets from a video.
I would say the desperation is mainly due to fans need for another RB signing, which is understandable but it needs to be a player that IS an upgrade on Joel Ward if he is to be the First choice.
Yes JW has his weaknesses like not being good at overlapping or an accurate crosser, but on the plus factor is a grafter who closes down attackers reasonably well and gives the defence a good balance, but is not perfect as we know.
As for Tete being his upgrade? i cant say either way as like most i know nothing about the lad apart from that video, but the guy who does FDB is the only one that matters and if he does sign him then i will respect his judgement. But one thing for sure is we need cover/competition and he would be value for money based on figures quoted, hopefully if we get him he proves to be a good signing.

I've watched a fair bit of Ajax over the years and believe me he's the real deal.

Nigelbrag
03-07-2017, 10:02 AM
I've watched a fair bit of Ajax over the years and believe me he's the real deal.

That good news Charlie, but did i not read he was NOT first choice for a lot of the time? or am i mistaken.
I did see the video and my impression was he has tenacity in his tackle that Clyne did as a youngster, problem, he tends to commit/dive in to the challenge too easily which could prove costly. But also brings other benefits like overlapping with decent crosses, which if used as a Wing Back in a new system will be vital.
But as i said the guy who DOES know exactly what he would bring is FDB, and any areas that need working on to cope with the premiership can be helped crucially by having Sammy Lee on hand, so if FDB makes that choice to buy then i will respect it.

CharlieCPFC
03-07-2017, 10:13 AM
That good news Charlie, but did i not read he was NOT first choice for a lot of the time? or am i mistaken.
I did see the video and my impression was he has tenacity in his tackle that Clyne did as a youngster, problem, he tends to commit/dive in to the challenge too easily which could prove costly. But also brings other benefits like overlapping with decent crosses, which if used as a Wing Back in a new system will be vital.
But as i said the guy who DOES know exactly what he would bring is FDB, and any areas that need working on to cope with the premiership can be helped crucially by having Sammy Lee on hand, so if FDB makes that choice to buy then i will respect it.

He was first choice but he suffered an injury so Veltman who was a center half done a job at right back where he done really well. Obviously with Sanchez excelling it was hard for Tete get back into the side.

But it was only this time last year Man United and Bayern were sniffing around him. There's a reason why Lyon are interested in him too.

As you said there it was FDB who'll know him exactly and he was the manager who brought Tete through. He's still only 21 and not really played last season so he's still developing.

Jimmy Eagle
03-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Is this likely to happen?

Coveta
03-07-2017, 10:30 AM
For what it's worth I texted a friend in the Netherlands enquiring about Veltman and Tete and was surprised to receive this very curt message in reply

"The Ajax players they are Dutch internationals but no high level"

I might add that he is a keen armchair follower of Dutch football.

Martin H
03-07-2017, 10:33 AM

I was wondering the same because I haven't seen any of the usual suspects hinting yet on this one. Maybe it's part of the 'keep it quiet' approach or maybe it's just not true, looks likely he is going somewhere.

costello
03-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Sounds perfect to me. Young, cheap (ish). Great competition for Ward and maybe even first choice.

Hector
03-07-2017, 11:03 AM

If it does it won't be for a few weeks yet.

Young Trolley
03-07-2017, 11:08 AM
If it does it won't be for a few weeks yet.

Why?

Ralph
03-07-2017, 11:40 AM
For what it's worth I texted a friend in the Netherlands enquiring about Veltman and Tete and was surprised to receive this very curt message in reply

"The Ajax players they are Dutch internationals but no high level"

I might add that he is a keen armchair follower of Dutch football.

Trouble with most football fans (and we see it on here all the time) is that a player is either a legend or sh!t. Nothing in between.

PALACEWU
03-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Why?

Our man hasn't had a chance to meet the players properly yet, give him a chance.

sylvan eagle
03-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Our man hasn't had a chance to meet the players properly yet, give him a chance.

Think your probably fine he's already done his homework on the squad

Thefunkymonk
03-07-2017, 11:47 AM

SP has said one is close that 'frank is excited' about.. so kinda blows that theory out the water

Ralph
03-07-2017, 11:48 AM
SP has said one is close that 'frank is excited' about.. so kinda blows that theory out the water

Maybe it was the Zeki Fryers outgoing deal that got him excited.

Thefunkymonk
03-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Maidstoned Eagle
03-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Or that Jonny Williams and Damo have signed new deals?

Lombardo's hair
03-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Or that Jonny Williams and Damo have signed new deals?

No that was stipulated before he took job or no deal.

ChiswickEagle
03-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Apparently he is not going to Austria for the pre-season Ajax training camp

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Apparently he is not going to Austria for the pre-season Ajax training camp
That was yesterday's news ;)

Hitchin Eagle
03-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Is Tete offensive?

Is he a distant relative of Bert Head?

elgin eagle
03-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Is he a distant relative of Bert Head?

On your shed son being reintroduced at half time.

Gazpacho
03-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Meeting the two strikers should take all of two minutes. Clear that that department needs a good strengthen / doubling / improving.

syndrome plaza
03-07-2017, 02:10 PM
We have cover everywhere except right back.

Whether this dutchman is better than Ward I know not but competetion for places is vital, as is cover.

I like the idea of buying ambitious young potential to challenge established players. Either Ward improves or we have a fantastic new addittion to the first team - either way what's not to like?

Particularly at less than 3 million quid

Owngoal
03-07-2017, 02:13 PM
We have cover everywhere except right back.

Whether this dutchman is better than Ward I know not but competetion for places is vital, as is cover.

I like the idea of buying ambitious young potential to challenge established players. Either Ward improves or we have a fantastic new addittion to the first team - either way what's not to like?

Particularly at less than 3 million quid

our cover for centre half (two injury prone starters), keeper, midfield and striker are all woeful; this guy will solve the RB

adrenalin john
03-07-2017, 02:39 PM
our cover for centre half (two injury prone starters), keeper, midfield and striker are all woeful; this guy will solve the RB

Kelly and Delaney are not woeful, nor is Mcarthur or Wickham. But yes we need several more players who are capable of challenging our first 11

Purepalace
03-07-2017, 02:44 PM

We have a 6'5" man mountain local boy who deserves a chance at centre half. 22 now and been with us since 14.

Big Blue Eagle
03-07-2017, 02:46 PM
We have a 6'5" man mountain local boy who deserves a chance at centre half. 22 now and been with us since 14.

You mean the one who has never played above League One and then only 30 odd games at that level?

Rasheed Harkouk
03-07-2017, 02:49 PM
We have a 6'5" man mountain local boy who deserves a chance at centre half. 22 now and been with us since 14. He can't stay fit, he is the Joniesta of CentreBacks

New LP
03-07-2017, 02:54 PM

I want to see players selected because they are good enough. Not because they are local and have been at the club a while.

Common sense football decisions not sentiment.

TheCharmer1
03-07-2017, 02:56 PM
I want to see players selected because they are good enough. Not because they are local and have been at the club a while.

Well said, that should be the first new rule. Stop the sentimental contract renewals

Maidstoned Eagle
03-07-2017, 02:59 PM
No that was stipulated before he took job or no deal.

He's a smart man

Purepalace
03-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Yep you're right. Sack him and have him shot.

Martin H
03-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Would be typical for this guy to go to Lyon and we get Davide Santon instead. We have been linked with the latter for some time and I guess FDB would know him from Inter too.

Who knows, I guess panic will set in soon. FDB has had almost a whole day with the players and we haven't bought anyone yet. Criminal! TBH I would probably pay to watch a live stream of them all day. Bit sad but I love to see them training and pre-season is cool with everyone jostling for attention trying to catch the manager's eye.

Wonder how many got injured today :(

GreatGonzo
03-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Would be typical for this guy to go to Lyon and we get Davide Santon instead. We have been linked with the latter for some time and I guess FDB would know him from Inter too.

Who knows, I guess panic will set in soon. FDB has had almost a whole day with the players and we haven't bought anyone yet. Criminal! TBH I would probably pay to watch a live stream of them all day. Bit sad but I love to see them training and pre-season is cool with everyone jostling for attention trying to catch the manager's eye.

Wonder how many got injured today :(

You are definitely a glass half empty kinda guy.

A glass half full kinda guy would have noticed that FDB has spent a whole day with our players and it appears is still here!

Martin H
03-07-2017, 05:21 PM
You are definitely a glass half empty kinda guy.

A glass half full kinda guy would have noticed that FDB has spent a whole day with our players and it appears is still here!

It's just a Palace thing. TBH typically quite optimistic. I am also trying to contain excitement over FDB being at Palace because I still have a childlike Xmas morning feeling about this that I am trying to stifle :)

edit - thinking on it the appropriate response to this would have been - but how many of the players are still there...... :)

rossi71987
03-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Looking very likely he is off to lyon. Strike this one off the list

Danny boy
03-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Looking very likely he is off to lyon. Strike this one off the list

Source?

Thefunkymonk
03-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Source?

Think he's seen something in twitter. Some journo says he's agreed 5 year deal with Lyon

May I add the two people on twitter saying it have less than 100 followers combined so could and probably ismade up but Rossi believes twitter

PeckhamSpring
03-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Source?

All it says is lyon are willing to meet the price of 4 million.

brooklynlou
03-07-2017, 07:10 PM
All it says is lyon are willing to meet the price of 4 million.

3 million or so pounds. You can't get Championship players for that much anymore.

4 cryingOutloud
03-07-2017, 07:20 PM

The problem is, it's not how far up in the air his head is, it's what he's capable of doing in defending and fitting into the side.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Would be a shame if we miss out as he does seem to tick a lot of boxes.

Thefunkymonk
03-07-2017, 08:02 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/crystal-palace-liverpool-mamadou-sakho-ajax-veltman-tete?CMP=share_btn_tw

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-07-2017, 08:09 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/crystal-palace-liverpool-mamadou-sakho-ajax-veltman-tete?CMP=share_btn_tw
Nothing new there at all though.

Thefunkymonk
03-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Nothing new there at all though.

No not really.

Combined £10m for the pair would be very good business

RisZero
03-07-2017, 08:15 PM
No not really.

"In excess" but yes somewhere near there would be promising given the number of areas we could do with strengthening

TheCharmer1
03-07-2017, 08:41 PM
No not really.

No but dom f seems to be well connected at palace

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-07-2017, 10:38 PM
No not really.

I imagine they would cost a bit more than £10m wouldn't they? Anyway, yes, on paper it would look good although I will admit to never knowingly watched either of them play.

Friskey
03-07-2017, 10:43 PM
He can't stay fit, he is the Joniesta of CentreBacks

Williams is a good player though. Innis unfortunately isn't very good, league one max.

Thefunkymonk
04-07-2017, 08:50 AM
http://bit.ly/2taU3WG

Thefunkymonk
04-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Apparently we've agreed it with tete

Brod
04-07-2017, 09:00 AM
I knew never learning Turkish would catch up with.me.

What does it say?

Thefunkymonk
04-07-2017, 09:03 AM
I knew never learning Turkish would catch up with.me.

What does it say?

No idea :D

The headline was we agreed deal with him but no idea what article says

eagle-leg
04-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Apparently we've agreed it with tete

Turkish news outlet announcing that the British press are reporting that CPFC have reached agreement with Tete.

I haven't seen anything in the UK press of this nature; so can only assume that the journalist has misinterpreted something.

Seems to me that this is no more than speculation.

TheCharmer1
04-07-2017, 09:26 AM
It says we've agreed a deal with him and ajax, and that lyon and Gala have missed out. Its not a very good source though that website here!

So as you were......

Thefunkymonk
04-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Turkish news outlet announcing that the British press are reporting that CPFC have reached agreement with Tete.

I haven't seen anything in the UK press of this nature; so can only assume that the journalist has misinterpreted something.

Seems to me that this is no more than speculation.

Haha.. as we were then

Brod
04-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Fake news!!!

Purepalace
04-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Palace and Tete mentioned. **** knows what the rest say.
https://mobile.twitter.com/sporx/status/882022913414713344

cpfcfan1
04-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Going to Lyon by the sounds of it.

Chief Brody
04-07-2017, 12:12 PM

Would seem odd given FdB connection unless they are paying significantly more.

st albans
04-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Would seem odd given FdB connection unless they are paying significantly more.

do they qualify for the champions league?

PalaceSi
04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Of all positions we need to strengthen right back is low down the list to be fair. Joel Ward has been great, rarely gets injured and gives his all, we also have cover in Kelly and Tomkins. It's the only one fit striker, no number 10 and a left sided CB that I'd like sorted ASAP if poss.

Joe1905
04-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Of all positions we need to strengthen right back is low down the list to be fair. Joel Ward has been great, rarely gets injured and gives his all, we also have cover in Kelly and Tomkins. It's the only one fit striker, no number 10 and a left sided CB that I'd like sorted ASAP if poss.

Funny how people see things differently I would say he has been poor for the last season and a half and due to lack of competition he gets a game.

He has frustrated me more than most if the last 18 months

Chief Brody
04-07-2017, 12:44 PM
do they qualify for the champions league?

No. Europa I think.

PauLo
04-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Everyone is turning us down! Wayhey!

GreatGonzo
04-07-2017, 12:45 PM

Last season we had a Left Back who had done ok and hadn't got injured and gave his all. We also had Kelly and even Delaney and well as switching Ward as back up options.

How did that work out for us?

Thefunkymonk
04-07-2017, 12:48 PM

Who?

Martin H
04-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Funny how people see things differently I would say he has been poor for the last season and a half and due to lack of competition he gets a game.

He has frustrated me more than most if the last 18 months
EDIT - oops
I would NOT see him as being poor. I think he has had a couple of blinders and a couple of stinkers and the rest have been his usual solid self.

I agree that RB hasn't been our biggest problem but I think I am a bit more nervous about relying on Joel staying 100% fit and on his best form. I don't think a bit of competition does anyone any harm but I don't see that as the reason to buy. We should buy a RB because we need the cover. A 21 year old talent sounds like the right direction.

Jim Cannon
04-07-2017, 01:08 PM

who is turning us down

GB2506
04-07-2017, 01:13 PM

No it's not and no he hasn't. Need serious competition/ upgrade at RB.

McpfcS
04-07-2017, 01:27 PM

Are you serious? Ward has been mostly crap for 18 months.

Joe1905
04-07-2017, 01:40 PM

You have to remember that some on here will not have anything bad said of any of the promotion team

Terrace Bickle
04-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Never done me any harm, it's character building...I think.:moo2:

Vic Arious
04-07-2017, 01:45 PM
You have to remember that some on here will not have anything bad said of any of the promotion team

As with pretty much all our defenders, good under Pulis, not so under Pardew, good again under Allardyce. Pardew's tactics were a major factor. However, his lack of pace will increasingly hinder him.

S.O.B
04-07-2017, 01:48 PM

At last, someone has stated the obvious...

I cant believe how few palace fans notice that nearly every Premier League team focus on Ward as our weak point during games... He has been average for 18 months and is not good enough if we want to press on.

It should be our signing priority above any other position.

PalaceSi
04-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Ward has not been one of the weaknesses of the side. He needs help from the wingers like all full backs and that was not always forthcoming but he's still a diligent defender who defends first. I don't want a replacement whose priority is attack especially because we have classy wingers who don't need a full back bombing past them screaming for the ball. Check Joels performance against the Arse up against Sanchez and it was sublime. We have areas of the pitch where we are desperate for reinforcements that was the point. Are people seriously suggesting we should go another season with no number 10 and just one striker and get a right back instead.

Joe1905
04-07-2017, 01:51 PM
As with pretty much all our defenders, good under Pulis, not so under Pardew, good again under Allardyce. Pardew's tactics were a major factor. However, his lack of pace will increasingly hinder him.

Everton Away was his last really good game

bus w*nker
04-07-2017, 01:51 PM
I think Ward has been pretty poor, seems to have lost a bit of pace. Really hope he has a good pre season.

Sceagle
04-07-2017, 02:08 PM
I think you've got your head in the sand if you think Ward is a good enough player at this point. Sorry Joel.

AJ
04-07-2017, 02:08 PM
I think Ward has been pretty poor, seems to have lost a bit of pace. Really hope he has a good pre season.
Poor, but not terrible as some like to think.

gamesmeister
04-07-2017, 02:34 PM

Not true. A tweet from a Turkish paper says he's coming to us, a tweet from a French paper says he's going to Lyon, it's all just clickbait.

Mad Raschic Ken
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Poor, but not terrible as some like to think.

He was poor under Pardew due to the lack of cover in front of him and a general lack of defensive organisation. I thought he was much improved under Allardyce.

That said, at the very least we need proper competition for the right back position and, ideally, Ward should be providing the competition for a new first choice right back.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
04-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Joel Ward has been excellent for us - one of the best right backs we've had in my lifetime (no, the competition isn't that strong). But anyway, could we upgrade? Yes and we should add competition for him at the very least. But people who describe him as poor have very short memories and are very harsh judges in my opinion. He's been great and despite some limitations, he still contributed a lot last season.