PDA

View Full Version : I have to get tickets to Palace opener vs Huddersfield: How do i do this from US?

intheusa
28-06-2017, 03:59 AM
After 3 year of posting on here, I'm going to my first Palace game, but I'm in London only for the home opener on August 12th.

So what tips do you have for getting tickets? I know there isn't much of a resell market but there is an international StubHub for people from the US.

Is that the route I go? Or do I sign up for the Palace membership and hope to get tickets for the opening game. I have no idea how that works or if the first game is available to people like me who don't have season tickets.

Just look for a) advice how to get in the game and B) then advice on the game day experience.

Oisin
28-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Get the international membership here https://www.cpfc.co.uk/tickets/memberships/international-membership/

cpfcfly
01-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT USE STUBHUB. I met a US fan who got scammed for last year's home game against Leicester.

Buy an international membership, it'll be worth your while. You'll be able to go direct to the club and buy genuine tickets, print them at home and enjoy the match and atmosphere. :p

intheusa
09-07-2017, 05:52 PM
If I buy a membership today will I be able to buy tickets for Huddersfield when they go on sale in a few days? Or does a physical card have to be mailed to me first?

Also should I just buy a Gold membership (10 pounds more than International). Seems like if I want to go to 2 games it might be easier to get tickets with Gold than International. I don't think International benefits will be needed to get me Huddersfield tickets.

Thanks

StonePenge
09-07-2017, 05:57 PM
I decided Gold was better. There is no physical card - your status is recorded under your Client Ref. Your membership should go through in time to buy a ticket for the Huddersfield game.

Kai
09-07-2017, 06:00 PM
You do not have to wait until the card arrives. As long as you have your client ref. that is all you need.

AddoWolz
11-07-2017, 07:34 PM
After 3 year of posting on here, I'm going to my first Palace game, but I'm in London only for the home opener on August 12th.

So what tips do you have for getting tickets? I know there isn't much of a resell market but there is an international StubHub for people from the US.

Is that the route I go? Or do I sign up for the Palace membership and hope to get tickets for the opening game. I have no idea how that works or if the first game is available to people like me who don't have season tickets.

Just look for a) advice how to get in the game and B) then advice on the game day experience.

Did you manage to get the tickets ?

EdMan
11-07-2017, 07:39 PM
You should be able to pick up some on here for this one I reckon. A lot of season ticket holders will be on holiday when this game happens.

intheusa
11-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Did you manage to get the tickets ?

I got the gold membership. Looking at tickets now.

Looks like I can get 2 seats in section U of Arthur Waite. Seems pretty good.

sylvan eagle
12-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Just book two tickets in the Arthur Waite

scro
12-07-2017, 09:29 AM
I got the gold membership. Looking at tickets now.

Looks like I can get 2 seats in section U of Arthur Waite. Seems pretty good.

Don't go too far back so that the gantry gets in the way and if you are anything in the first 20 rows and its sunny.. bring a hat and wear shades.

Ev
12-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Have i missed something or are there no options to buy in rows 36-38 in the AW anymore, for any game?

These were the back 3 rows of the lower tier.

Dorking .Eagle
12-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Yep, those 3 rows have been completely removed and replaced with a disabled section which runs the whole length of the stand

Ev
12-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Yep, those 3 rows have been completely removed and replaced with a disabled section which runs the whole length of the stand

Ah, cheers DE.

Didn't know about that.

Part of the better facilities for disabled fans thing?

Long overdue i suppose.

Christ knows what their bogs are like though...

Yoda
12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Don't go too far back so that the gantry gets in the way and if you are anything in the first 20 rows and its sunny.. bring a hat and wear shades.

Follow Scro's advice re bringing a hat/sunglasses if you're sitting in the Arthur.

In the front half you can be looking into the sun for much of the match,

johnnybacaro
13-07-2017, 02:36 AM
i believe twickets will be an option as well this year. Still need to have some level of membership to buy.

PeterH
13-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Is that a seat with a free bag of twiglets?

Dorking .Eagle
13-07-2017, 05:25 AM
Ah, cheers DE.

Didn't know about that.

Part of the better facilities for disabled fans thing?

Long overdue i suppose.

No idea how they will get to them at half time either as the concourse is so rammed :frown:

Sick Bucket
13-07-2017, 06:31 AM

They're ok. I know cos the nice lady with the key kindly late my 10 year old daughter use them as she was busting for a poo and there was a long queue for the ladies but disabled loos were free. :D

I'm taking her to Huddersfield game we're row 39 I presume therefore that this is the first row of the back block, right?

Brumie Allan
13-07-2017, 06:54 AM
They're ok. I know cos the nice lady with the key kindly late my 10 year old daughter use them as she was busting for a poo and there was a long queue for the ladies but disabled loos were free. :D

I'm taking her to Huddersfield game we're row 39 I presume therefore that this is the first row of the back block, right?I'm row 42 and I'm sure there's 3 rows in front of me so yes.

orp pisshead1
14-07-2017, 03:27 PM
No idea how they will get to them at half time either as the concourse is so rammed :frown:

No need to worry DE as toilets are just before the concourse:p