PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Lucas Lima

TC EAGLE
28-06-2017, 07:43 AM
http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

07:40
LIMA A TARGET FOR PALACE

Barcelona target Lucas Lima has denied receiving an offer from the Catalan giants but revealed he has been targeted by Crystal Palace.

The Brazil midfielder, 26, is out of contract at Santos at the end of the year and has been tipped to join Barcelona in January. However, Lima says Barca have not made an offer for him.

I have not received any offer [from Barcelona], he is quoted as saying in Marca.

Lima did, however, reveal that he has received offers from elsewhere.

When I decide about my future, Santos will be the first to know it," he added. "Its my priority. I had offers from Crystal Palace, and a fortune from China, but they were not the teams I expected. I know that if I play well with Santos I will continue in the national team, I will be closer to the World Cup and that is very important for me."

EryrExile
28-06-2017, 07:46 AM
http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

07:40
LIMA A TARGET FOR PALACE

Barcelona target Lucas Lima has denied receiving an offer from the Catalan giants but revealed he has been targeted by Crystal Palace.

The Brazil midfielder, 26, is out of contract at Santos at the end of the year and has been tipped to join Barcelona in January. However, Lima says Barca have not made an offer for him.

I have not received any offer [from Barcelona], he is quoted as saying in Marca.

Lima did, however, reveal that he has received offers from elsewhere.

When I decide about my future, Santos will be the first to know it," he added. "Its my priority. I had offers from Crystal Palace, and a fortune from China, but they were not the teams I expected. I know that if I play well with Santos I will continue in the national team, I will be closer to the World Cup and that is very important for me."

Bastard.

Kai
28-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Playing in Brazil and being in the national team, would one expect an offer from Palace :confused:

Wandle_Eagle
28-06-2017, 08:25 AM
TBF he's guaranteed a spot in the Brazil squad if he stays at Santos, you can't blame him for wanting to that. If we're comfortably top half in January I could see us going back in for him and he'd be more comfortable coming here.

TheCharmer1
28-06-2017, 08:38 AM
fills the ten role...but doesn't sound like he wants to come to us

Malarkey
28-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Yes please

Reps AJ
28-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Didn't we do this last summer?

Skid Row
28-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Exactly. I just think he's talking about our offer a year ago.

SilentAssassin
28-06-2017, 08:44 AM
He'll probably stay with Santos or a team that plays in Europe. I think Sky are probably just rehashing a story from last summer here. It's clear he wasn't interested last summer and I doubt he will this summer with it being the last before the World Cup, if we were interested at all.

cpfc4evandeva
28-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Just as a general point - have many Brazillians played well in England? Juninho, Diego Costa (he's not Spanish), David Luiz in spells.

There must be more?

jimos_uk
28-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Just as a general point - have many Brazillians played well in England? Juninho, Diego Costa (he's not Spanish), David Luiz in spells.

There must be more?

Deco was alright. Mario Jardel was not.

Jasper
28-06-2017, 08:58 AM

There must be more?

Robinho had a good first season at Man City. Elano was decent as well.

Willian and Oscar for Chelsea and Gilberto Silva at Arsenal also spring to mind.

CPFC85
28-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Bastard.

Yeah, what a snob :D

Nigelbrag
28-06-2017, 09:21 AM
To be honest and realistic Palace are Not at a level that we could tempt a current full Brazilian International to join, especially as i read previously that Barca are interested much more likely to join a top European team.
I would say our new manager will take the view at this time it is more important that we bring in players who want to join and can improve along with teammates as a unit, its what FdB did at Ajax.
Much more likely he will bring in young Dutch and Spanish players that will buy into his vision, we now have in place a manager with the belief and ability to take the club forward with this vision, which will be the best way forward for Palace longterm.

Chris K
28-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a rehash of last summer

Latvian Eagle
28-06-2017, 09:43 AM
http://app.football-espana.net/?referrer=www.football-espana.net#article/footballespana-64789&menu=news-all

RisZero
28-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Pretty sure he is just talking about our approach last window

DARZET EAGLE
28-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Playing in Brazil and being in the national team, would one expect an offer from Palace :confused:

Why not?:lux:

DARZET EAGLE
28-06-2017, 10:40 AM

There must be more?

A rainy day in Manchester, fog on the Tyne, and a Samba in Thornton Heath wouldn't help.

RisZero
28-06-2017, 10:51 AM

There must be more?

Cant believe no one said Coutinho

Theres also Firmino

Harry Bassett
28-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Oscar (ex) and Willian at Chelsea are another two.

Thefunkymonk
28-06-2017, 11:36 AM
This is exactly what we need. But I think he's aiming higher. Hopefully FDB can pull some strings

Jim Cannon
28-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Sounds like he has no intention of coming here then. Next

cpfc4evandeva
28-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Cant believe no one said Coutinho

Theres also Firmino

Completely forgot about Coutinho. He is far too good for Liverpool.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-06-2017, 12:49 PM
As others have said, that's probably a reference to our offer from last season anyway

Billy Rhino
28-06-2017, 01:56 PM
To be honest and realistic Palace are Not at a level that we could tempt a current full Brazilian International to join, especially as i read previously that Barca are interested much more likely to join a top European team.
I would say our new manager will take the view at this time it is more important that we bring in players who want to join and can improve along with teammates as a unit, its what FdB did at Ajax.
Much more likely he will bring in young Dutch and Spanish players that will buy into his vision, we now have in place a manager with the belief and ability to take the club forward with this vision, which will be the best way forward for Palace longterm.

I was amazed when Boro got Juninho & Emerson, along with Ravanelli, but it's amazing what you can achieve with a bit of charm and a wheelbarrow full of cash. Whether I like it or not we will be quite an attractive proposition to players now with our manager and some of the players we have (still not convinced we can afford it but it's exciting all the same).

FourtyTwo
28-06-2017, 02:23 PM
As others have said, that's probably a reference to our offer from last season anyway

At which point, IIRC, he wasn't a guaranteed pick for the Brazil squad either. So we haven't really progressed in 12 months, whereas he has become more established, and therefore able to look beyond the level where there was interest last year.

gilesy14
28-06-2017, 02:24 PM
More likely we'll get Lucas Leiva.

TWELLSEagle
28-06-2017, 03:47 PM
This is not a rumour, it's a rehash of the January interest.

orp pisshead1
28-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Errr Andr'e Moritz :lux:

Wein
28-06-2017, 04:50 PM
you beat me to it, that was who i was going say

DARZET EAGLE
28-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Errr Andr'e Moritz :lux:

But he wasn't a Brazilian International.:hmph:

orp pisshead1
28-06-2017, 05:56 PM

Oops my bad :D

orp pisshead1
28-06-2017, 05:57 PM

Re read post 10:hmph::hmph:

;)

fozzaisere
28-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Lima is not a current Brazilian international. He generally only plays or gets in the squad when it's made up of home players.

DARZET EAGLE
28-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Re read post 10:hmph::hmph:

;)

:wallbash:Not just Brazilian Internationals, I see.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
28-06-2017, 10:07 PM
This is exactly what we need. But I think he's aiming higher. Hopefully FDB can pull some strings

If we had gotten him, along with a proper DM, last summer, we'd have been nowhere near relegation. At least we are aiming high and hopefully we are a more attractive prospect under FDB. I swear, we will go much further with a real playmaker than getting Sakho. Both wouldn't be bad tho!

JHJ EAGLE
28-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Next

m_reid
30-06-2017, 10:29 AM
https://twitter.com/Zizouology/status/880732497293660160

Not sure how legit this is but apparently a written offer we made for Lima last summer. Possible we will go back in for him?

karl.eldridge
30-06-2017, 10:29 AM
The letter we sent them last year (apparently)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDj9gidVYAAob67.jpg

eagle mart
30-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Source? But looks legit.

karl.eldridge
30-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Source? But looks legit.

Twitter;

Looks very legit.

m_reid
30-06-2017, 10:38 AM
According to the bloke who posted it

"Lucas Lima had already been approached by Crystal Palace, and four days before official bid, he had rejected the possibility of going there.
Santos president says Doyen Group influenced Crystal Palace to send Santos an offer that had already been rejected by Lucas days earlier.
Santos are wary that Doyen will use the rejected proposal as evidence in ongoing lawsuits against Santos in Brazil."

costello
30-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Gives you some insight into the murky world of transfer dealings and the risks of being used as pawns in other peoples' power-struggles. Nightmare.

Terrace Bickle
30-06-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm sure we're pleased they leaked private corres.

SilentAssassin
30-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Why would we bid for a player that had already rejected us? Seems a complete waste of time.

eagle mart
30-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Perhaps we were following through with genuine interest, rather than being accused of trying to unsettle the player. And of course, the club may have been a willing seller.

TWELLSEagle
30-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Why would we bid for a player that had already rejected us? Seems a complete waste of time.

We did that with Batshuyi didn't we,,? As a favour to effectively set the price.

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Why would we bid for a player that had already rejected us? Seems a complete waste of time. Gary Bennett..... how many times did we bid for him, mind you he never did end up playing for us.
I think the answer on this is he is coming to the end of his contract a year latter he may well want to assess his options now as opposed to signing a new contract. We are still interested no harm in seeing if he wants to change his mind. In life you do I turned down in my time I have turned down one job offer and accepted it two years latter.

Eagle's Nest
30-06-2017, 11:23 AM
They must have a GK with a bad attitude that we want

SilentAssassin
30-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Gary Bennett..... how many times did we bid for him, mind you he never did end up playing for us.
I think the answer on this is he is coming to the end of his contract a year latter he may well want to assess his options now as opposed to signing a new contract. We are still interested no harm in seeing if he wants to change his mind. In life you do I turned down in my time I have turned down one job offer and accepted it two years latter.

This was last year. He turned us down a few days before the offer, supposedly and we decided to bid again. I just don't see the point of it when it seemed clear he was waiting on better offers to come in. Can't imagine he would of suddenly changed his mind having Santos accepting a bid.

Kidofwonder
30-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Player wants to move. Player holding out for big club. big club not coming in. Chance to take a player who'll eventually go to a big club for a lot of money possibly.

ChiswickEagle
30-06-2017, 11:52 AM
If I received an offer that included a statement saying "subject to board approval" I would respond by saying come back when you have effing board approval! Other conditions would be fair enough but that one is out of place.

RisZero
30-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Concerns about leaking documents aside, cool to actually see how these things look and are worded. A little insight into the process that many of us would never have gotten otherwise.

eastend eagle
30-06-2017, 12:03 PM
If I received an offer that included a statement saying "subject to board approval" I would respond by saying come back when you have effing board approval! Other conditions would be fair enough but that one is out of place.
I expect that's in there as a kind of legal get-out in the case of any last-minute changes of heart. Imagine it's fairly standard at the offer stage.

gilesy14
30-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I've heard this is in the public domain because Teflon Phil accidentally faxed it to the Selsdon Kebab shop.

st albans
30-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm not buying that it's legit. Wouldn't it have his full name for starter's: Lucas Rafael Arajo Lima

RisZero
30-06-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm not buying that it's legit. Wouldn't it have his full name for starter's: Lucas Rafael Arajo Lima

You think it might have been too confusing which of the 12 Lucas Limas at Santos we meant? :rolleyes:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
30-06-2017, 02:14 PM

A quick Peru-sal of this board does suggest we've bean in for him before

Malarkey
30-06-2017, 02:33 PM
**** this guy if he's rejected us already

brooklynlou
30-06-2017, 03:20 PM
I've heard this is in the public domain because Teflon Phil accidentally faxed it to the Selsdon Kebab shop.

Actually the Jerk Chicken shop. They have the number in the machines memory and they had just faxed out the office lunch order.

jimos_uk
30-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Suspect knocked up, not least because CPFC Ltd isn't quite right.

Edit, I might actually be wrong having checked CH.

GodstoneEagle
01-07-2017, 07:58 AM
We were tricked into bidding for him. Player never going to join, but our bid will make them millions as part of a legal dispute.

CoDownEagle
01-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Apparently the letter we sent them in August has just arrived in Brazil !