PDA

View Full Version : Financial Fair Play

Latvian Eagle
30-06-2017, 03:14 AM
How does this work exactly? It all seems a little bit odd. :confused:

I have just been reading a few articles on Football Italia and Inter Milan have just made 30m in sales to reach their target before FFP kicks in, but yet they are also offering 60m for Nainggolan and trying to sign a Centre Back from Atletico Madrid.

Absolutely none of it makes any sense to me?!

hughff
30-06-2017, 04:03 AM
Basically, small clubs (like Palace) are held to stringent regulations to prevent them from either borrowing or receiving through wealthy investors large amounts of money to send on improving their relative footballing status. But eurodarlings (like Inter) can do whatever the hell they like because they always have and to be held to the strictures of FFP would disadvantage them by letting lesser clubs close the gap.

Latvian Eagle
30-06-2017, 04:26 AM
I don't get why you can clear off €30m to then be able to spend €60m. How do the cut offs work?

chatham_eagle
30-06-2017, 04:55 AM
The €60m will be amortised in the accounts over the length of the contract. So three year contract would be €20m in tranfer fees per year etc.

I assume transfer fees you receive are accounted for only in thr year received.

elgin eagle
30-06-2017, 05:12 AM
The 60m will be amortised in the accounts over the length of the contract. So three year contract would be 20m in tranfer fees per year etc.

I assume transfer fees you receive are accounted for only in thr year received.

Surely it should work both ways? Would love to see it broken down club by club. But I guess that would require manbetx levels of transparency.

Neckinger Eagle
30-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Surely it should work both ways? Would love to see it broken down club by club. But I guess that would require manbetx levels of transparency.

It puzzles me as well. The only club that ever seems bothered by Fair Play is Palace.

It is designed to keep the little sides down. When it was originally mooted it was going to be based on debt but when certain darling clubs pointed out they were permanently in debt it was quickly changed to turnover. This basically prevents any smaller club mounting any kind of concerted challenge.

elgin eagle
30-06-2017, 06:51 AM
It puzzles me as well. The only club that ever seems bothered by Fair Play is Palace.

It is designed to keep the little sides down. When it was originally mooted it was going to be based on debt but when certain darling clubs pointed out they were permanently in debt it was quickly changed to turnover. This basically prevents any smaller club mounting any kind of concerted challenge.

I think you are right. In a similar way the 25 man squad rule helps the big clubs playing in Europe, but does cock all for the smaller clubs, who are forced to spend all the filthy tv money on players instead of their infrastructure.

BaldEagle96
30-06-2017, 07:23 AM
The only club that ever seems bothered by Fair Play is Palace.

Only when it suits though as in not wanting to spend any money!!