PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Sam Johnstone

carter
30-06-2017, 01:52 PM
http://bit.ly/2ttfmDA

Can't say I've seen a lot of him other than a few mistakes at Villa. Doubt he would be no1 straight away which is exactly what we need

Thefunkymonk
30-06-2017, 01:58 PM
He's highly rated I believe

SmokeyStover7
30-06-2017, 02:06 PM
No no no. Villa fans think he's one of the worst keepers to ever play for them.

"Theres lots of reasons

1. Manu don't want him

2.He concedes a fair few goals unless we play Jedinak as virtually a 3rd centre back

3.He hardly makes any good saves

4.His kicking is poor

5.He doesn't come off his line

Manu must be pissing themselves if someone is prepared to pay 5m for him."

"I rate him to be pretty poor."

"One of the worst we have ever had."

"I dont get the hype with Sam.

Yes.. he kept clean sheets. He started really badly.. but when we kept the clean sheets.. it was more to do with our superb defence.. the opposition barely created any chances in those games.. so he had nothing to do.

Everytime a shot was at goal.. felt like it was going in. We havent had a good shot stopper for a long time."

"Not bothered if we miss out on him....in fact I think we would be dodging a bullet."

"Johnstone is one of the worst keepers I've ever seen play for us, any money spent on him is a waste."

Hopefully just agent talk.

DARZET EAGLE
30-06-2017, 02:11 PM

"Theres lots of reasons

1. Manu don't want him

2.He concedes a fair few goals unless we play Jedinak as virtually a 3rd centre back

4.His kicking is poor

Yes.. he kept clean sheets. He started really badly.. but when we kept the clean sheets.. it was more to do with our superb defence.. the opposition barely created any chances in those games.. so he had nothing to do.

Everytime a shot was at goal.. felt like it was going in. We havent had a good shot stopper for a long time."

"Not bothered if we miss out on him....in fact I think we would be dodging a bullet."

"Johnstone is one of the worst keepers I've ever seen play for us, any money spent on him is a waste."

:eek::eek:

Worksop Palace
30-06-2017, 02:49 PM

"Theres lots of reasons

1. Manu don't want him

4.His kicking is poor

Sounds like our Wayne

RisZero
30-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Are we sure anyone who chose to support Villa can be trusted with a logical assessment?

Silks&Tekkers
30-06-2017, 03:00 PM
We need to be aiming higher if we do not want to fight relegation every year. I have seen him play on 4 occasions and it's quite bad. Actually, he is almost worse than Wayne.

aj4england
30-06-2017, 03:40 PM
If we're are looking at championship then Reading and Sheffield Wed,s keepers are the pick I think. Along with Ward from Huddersfield who gone up ( won't sell )

CP-RJW
30-06-2017, 03:47 PM
If we're are looking at championship then Reading and Sheffield Wed,s keepers are the pick I think. Along with Ward from Huddersfield who gone up ( won't sell )
I honestly don't think there's a single keeper in the championship good enough to start for us (bloke at Wednesday was poor at Sunderland and Al Habsi seems quite overrated on here.) Maybe Daniel Bentley from Brentford could be one for the future?

Ralph
30-06-2017, 03:47 PM

Thought the Huddersfield keeper was actually on loan from Liverpool.

Reps AJ
30-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Thought the Huddersfield keeper was actually on loan from Liverpool.

He was

SteveyHawking
01-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Another bog average goalkeeper. Sigh.

DARZET EAGLE
01-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Another bog average goalkeeper. Sigh.

I don't know enough about him but you could be right. Decent keepers mature a lot later than outfield players however, and he could be a top player in the next three years. It would be good if we could snatch a proven keeper like Heaton or from abroad if FDB has done his research.

Latvian Eagle
01-07-2017, 01:16 PM
He ain't that bad is he? Admittedly he is not ready to start Premier League football but I would take him as a replacement for Hennessey on the bench when Steve takes the number 1 spot this season.