PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: UK Players

exiledeagle
05-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I wonder if having FDB as manager will be the end of us buying British Players . Always thought we had nice balance and if honest I would not be keen if we fielded predominately foreign players like some clubs do . Maybe I am bit old fashioned in that respect ?

Malarkey
05-07-2017, 03:33 PM
I wonder if having FDB as manager will be the end of us buying British Players .

What about the Irish?

eagle-leg
05-07-2017, 03:46 PM
I wonder if having FDB as manager will be the end of us buying British Players . Always thought we had nice balance and if honest I would not be keen if we fielded predominately foreign players like some clubs do . Maybe I am bit old fashioned in that respect ?

Well in the last transfer window our English Manager Sam Alladyce signed:

Schlupp - Ghana
Van Aahnholt - Netherlands
Milivojevic - Serbia
Sakho - France

4 cryingOutloud
05-07-2017, 04:06 PM
I prefer to have the best player available at a price we can afford wherever he comes from. If British players want to command better transfer fee's and higher wages, then they need to make a bigger impression and develop higher technical ability. Until then I'm happy with paying the least amount for the best available.

CP-RJW
05-07-2017, 04:25 PM
He'll buy whoever he feels is the best value for money vs ability. That's unlikely to be British players though, most of them are just a bit rubbish.

RisZero
05-07-2017, 04:57 PM
I dont mind being diverse, whatever makes us the best team we can be, but there is a certain requirement for homegrown players so we will always need some from home.

If its going to continue to force their prices up, id like us to grab homegrown talent young with an eye to profit, but I imagine we have other priorities to address first.

Sir.S.C Remembered
06-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Well in the last transfer window our English Manager Sam Alladyce signed:

Schlupp - Ghana

Van Aahnholt - Netherlands

Milivojevic - Serbia

Sakho - France

Exactly.

Of course one may know their domestic players more than other leagues, so I can see why it was asked, but that doesn't mean they don't know or appreciate other markets. Pocc at Spurs has proven that in fact the pro youth (if true) aspect of FDB might mean he looks towards the successful England u20, 21 and 19 teams as well as our own lads. I hope so.

Anyone know what players he signed at Inter? And Ajax? Be interesting to know.