PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Benteke

Pages : [1] 2 3

Stinger1
06-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Benteke could be a Chelsea target now they've missed out on Lukaku. http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/06/chelsea-weigh-up-potential-christian-benteke-transfer-as-romelu-lukaku-hopes-fade-6761041/

JDawg
06-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Nah

cpfcfan1
06-07-2017, 09:57 PM
**** off you total c units.

Mad Raschic Ken
06-07-2017, 10:02 PM
75m plus Zouma and we might just think about it.

Scifo
06-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Ignoring the fact the Metro only get a scoop when their dartboard and fate cross over I'm not totally convinced Benteke will be here at the end of the summer.

It's likely just reading to much in to nothing details but since FdB joined he has been asked about and spoke about Zaha several times but I've never heard him mention a word about Benteke. People have said as well the Benteke wouldn't suit his style but I can't really say I know thats the case myself

gamesmeister
06-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Total and utter rubbish, just paper talk because they have nothing else to say

Nostrils
06-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Ignoring the fact the Metro only get a scoop when their dartboard and fate cross over I'm not totally convinced Benteke will be here at the end of the summer.

It's likely just reading to much in to nothing details but since FdB joined he has been asked about and spoke about Zaha several times but I've never heard him mention a word about Benteke. People have said as well the Benteke wouldn't suit his style but I can't really say I know thats the case myself

He did mention him in the press conference or maybe the first interview for Palace tv. Also having Big Ben is a huge draw to Sakho. Not to mention we would want a massive payday, and even then we'd have to hire a risk; Benteke is proven. Can't see us letting him go, that's if he wanted to in the first place - he's guaranteed number 1 here, not likely at Chelsea. I think he likes it here too.

ebyeeckeagle
06-07-2017, 10:10 PM

No one can guarantee anything, but I suspect you will accept your post is pretty thin as to why Ben would leave. You haven't heard FDB mention him and 'people' talk.

ebyeeckeagle
06-07-2017, 10:11 PM

Make it 80m then yes. Plus add ons when Belgium win the World Cup.

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Considering he came to us to play football I highly doubt he will want to warm Chelsea's bench. Plus they'll want a 'big' name

croydonexile
06-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Playing Devils advocate and I don't think for a minute it's true but, If Benteke going meant the money was used for Sakho and Babacar signing would that be a bad deal?

cpfcfan1
06-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Yes because babacar is shite

Benteke guarantees you 15-20 goals a season

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Playing Devils advocate and I don't think for a minute it's true but, If Benteke going meant the money was used for Sakho and Babacar signing would that be a bad deal?

Yes. Would be terrible business

Sodermalm
06-07-2017, 10:21 PM

I'd be happy with Sakho and whatever half decent forward is available, especially one who will run around!

Stinger1
06-07-2017, 10:22 PM
I actually wouldn't mind a silly offer. Think we could use the money to buy an adequate replacement and strengthen other areas of the squad. I think at the very least he's worth 65+million.

TWELLSEagle
06-07-2017, 10:26 PM

Yes

Nostrils
06-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Our best striker since Wright.

Sodermalm
06-07-2017, 10:27 PM
I actually wouldn't mind a silly offer. Think we could use the money to buy an adequate replacement and strengthen other areas of the squad. I think at the very least he's worth 65+million.

He's worth about 20m max in my eyes, maybe 15m

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Can't believe people would actually consider selling our best striker in years. We wont get a replacement if his calibre. Utterly stupid

TWELLSEagle
06-07-2017, 10:32 PM

PMSL, are you for real? 40M minimum

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Haha.. ok mate.

TWELLSEagle
06-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Can't believe people would actually consider selling our best striker in years. We wont get a replacement if his calibre. Utterly stupid

Thankfully the people in charge aren't this retarded

Thefunkymonk
06-07-2017, 10:35 PM

In what way!?

He is a class striker. If we sell it would have to be silly money.. otherwise we won't get a striker of his ability and quality. Also would leave us with same issues we had prior to him coming in.. we couldn't score for shit.

Anyway like you say.. our owners aren't retarded and he won't be sold. Cockwomble

Herb
06-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Batshuayi + Christensen + 60m.

ebyeeckeagle
06-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Crossed wires I think.

Enfield eagle
06-07-2017, 10:52 PM

I think you are at least five years behind current market values.

FourtyTwo
06-07-2017, 10:54 PM

Welcome to my ignore list, troll!

Maidstone Eagle
06-07-2017, 11:10 PM
He left Liverpool to play football.

Why sit on the Bench at Chelsea?

Would be a poor move for him but who knows,

Stinger1
06-07-2017, 11:12 PM
He left Liverpool to play football.

Why sit on the Bench at Chelsea?

Would be a poor move for him but who knows,

By all accounts, Costa's days are numbered and wants to go back to Atletico. Pretty sure he would start ahead of Batsuayhi.

Maidstone Eagle
06-07-2017, 11:13 PM
By all accounts, Costa's days are numbered and wants to go back to Atletico. Pretty sure he would start ahead of Batsuayhi.
Good point football fortunes can change quickly.

Still think he likes being the main man up front

brooklynlou
06-07-2017, 11:14 PM

If Lukaku is 75, then bidding on Benteke starts at 50.
If they're give us 50 + Zouma I'd td take that deal in a heart beat.

CPFC.1990
06-07-2017, 11:19 PM
We were extremely lucky to get Benteke when we did. He's one of the top strikers in Europe. He wouldn't look out of place in Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester City's sides.

Can't believe anyone would consider this as a positive move.

meee
06-07-2017, 11:29 PM
We were extremely lucky to get Benteke when we did. He's one of the top strikers in Europe. He wouldn't look out of place in Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester City's sides.

Can't believe anyone would consider this as a positive move.

Benteke - Lazy,sell
Cabaye - Doesn't want to be here,sell
McArthur - Had 2 bad games,sell
Zaha - Parish signing,don't want him back
Sakho - Not sure about signing him in January.Prone to errors
Ameobi - What have we got to lose?

The BBS.

Kidofwonder
06-07-2017, 11:39 PM
he's not going to want to sit on the bench,considering their going to offer no more money than we can and he'll want to try to play himself into the Belgium side.

RisZero
06-07-2017, 11:42 PM
How about just loan us Zouma and we keep Benteke, cheers

Chris K
06-07-2017, 11:42 PM
On the one hand only 45% of his shots were on target last season. Everyone that got 10 goals or more in the Premier League last season had an accuracy of 8-10% better or more so he's actually quite wasteful. On the other hand look at the players that scored 15 or more last season and what they're worth. He's probably worth 30m-40m in the market but his goals undoubtedly kept us up last season which to us is worth 100m so there's no way he should be sold

CPFC since 1989
06-07-2017, 11:58 PM
On the one hand only 45% of his shots were on target last season. Everyone that got 10 goals or more in the Premier League last season had an accuracy of 8-10% better or more so he's actually quite wasteful. On the other hand look at the players that scored 15 or more last season and what they're worth. He's probably worth 30m-40m in the market but his goals undoubtedly kept us up last season which to us is worth 100m so there's no way he should be sold

65m and Moses, Zouma and a keeper.

mb23
06-07-2017, 11:58 PM
We'll go down if we start selling our best players. Benteke, Wilf, Townsend, Luka, Cabaye, Dann and Tomkins shouldn't be anywhere near the exit door, and I'm sure Parish and FdB know that.

Rubbish rumour.

eagles #1
07-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Please be bollocks.

hook
07-07-2017, 12:08 AM
If we take Hen, Ward, PVA, Tomkins, Dann, Cabaye, Andros, Zaha, Milo, Schlupp, Kelly, Punch, Benteke and Jimmy in as nailed on first team,

Speroni and Delaney in the backup bucket,

Lee, Williams, Wickham, Mutch, Kai Kai, Sako and Mandanda in the questions to be answered..

then we are looking incredibly thin. If I was FDB I would be saying no sales, especially the first 14 until we get some players in.

Braders
07-07-2017, 12:27 AM

Nice way to talk about a fellow Palace fan.

If we were to sell, who would you suggest we get you smarmy **** (easy to be a keyboard warrior isn't it)?

eagles073
07-07-2017, 12:28 AM
So we pay 27m+ for a player who scores 17 goals in a season and u wanna sell him for a max of 20m. What team do u actually support. Dick!!!!!

johnnytemper
07-07-2017, 12:35 AM

LOL if Chelsea are thinking about bidding 20m they best be doing it the context of 'hey Parish, how about Batshuayi plus 20m for him?'!

Speporoni
07-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Anything under 50 mill to them and I'm fuming.

Speporoni
07-07-2017, 12:40 AM

You on a wind up? Or just clueless ?

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
07-07-2017, 12:59 AM

And he has the physical presence to score from crosses, which remains the overwhelming method by which we supply the striker. Yes, BFS's choice to tuck in Wilf and Andros to support Benteke had us making passes and runs we've not seen since promotion and it was great but a lot of that was based on Benteke's hold up play and distribution being so good. Benteke is proven to be good for 10 goals a season under our normal, sling-it-in-style and be nearer 20 goals if we give him close support, as under Allardyce.

If we sell Benteke, we will either be back to trying to find a striker who really suits our wing-centric style ( and we've had no luck there with anyone else ) or we will have to make big changes to our style to fit in a Gayle-type striker. Maybe we are aiming to do those things by bringing in an AM and CM who can make runs and passes to the forward but I'd be very nervous about selling Benteke and looking for replacements until we have a midfield in place able to get the best out of more than a superb target man. And I think Benteke would flourish in a passing team, anyway. Why sell him?

Also, we have quite enough to do in the transfer market already. At minimum, we need a first choice GK, a back up DM, back up ST and an AM and that's before we sell Benteke and without what will likely be a long saga trying to land Sakho. It's a lot of transfer activity and player integration to achieve in a few months and under a new regime. Selling Benteke would only add to that and would be totally the wrong move, for me, especially as I'm certain we've only seen half of what he can bring if we sort the midfield out. I just hope the Chelski story is bullshit.

Herb
07-07-2017, 01:37 AM

:sleepy:

ExiledStirling
07-07-2017, 01:52 AM
Even an offer of 50M for him would not justify selling him.

The ambition is to build a top half, and beyond, Premier League team. With the money afforded to Premier league teams just now, their is no surely no need to make a short term profit of say 30M (20M for a replacement) at the risk of putting our Premier League survival at risk.

mroakley9
07-07-2017, 02:29 AM
chelsea can lick me where i shit

moniker11
07-07-2017, 02:44 AM
30M + Christensen/Zouma + Loftus Cheek + Chalobah

Otherwise 65M.

If Chelsea wants him that bad make them pay through the nose for him. Otherwise they should throw absurd money at PEA at Dortmund.

Assume 30M plus money not spent on midfielders/centerbacks goes toward two new strikers. It's a gamble but if FdB wants to change how we play and that doesn't suit Benteke's style there are worse ways to go.

ExiledStirling
07-07-2017, 02:54 AM
I dont understand this concept that a natural goal scoring centre forward such as Benteke does not suit the style of FdB, or any other manager for that matter. Managing at the level Palace are at the moment, wanting rid of Benteke is madness surely.

bigend1
07-07-2017, 03:00 AM

He mentioned benteke more than zaha at first. First player he mentioned was benteke and was very much 'also the boy zaha is exciting' ... then seemed to be more excited by wilf as time went on, naturally

bigend1
07-07-2017, 03:04 AM
Batshuayi + Zouma + 50m...

Maybe. That depends on fdb. If our game plan still means lots of crosses then no. Benteke = goals in the air! We need those

CharlieCPFC
07-07-2017, 04:20 AM
More than likely bollocks, without Benteke's goals we'd have gone down last season. He's vital for us, I think under FDB he'll show even more of his ability with better quality and more creativity around the side.

TWELLSEagle
07-07-2017, 04:23 AM

If we were to sell, who would you suggest we get you smarmy **** (easy to be a keyboard warrior isn't it)?

I don't give a fuk. We won't be selling benteke.

Tim
07-07-2017, 04:44 AM
If we take Hen, Ward, PVA, Tomkins, Dann, Cabaye, Andros, Zaha, Milo, Schlupp, Kelly, Punch, Benteke and Jimmy in as nailed on first team,

Speroni and Delaney in the backup bucket,

Lee, Williams, Wickham, Mutch, Kai Kai, Sako and Mandanda in the questions to be answered..

then we are looking incredibly thin. If I was FDB I would be saying no sales, especially the first 14 until we get some players in.

If we start next season with that squad then we're in for another relegation battle which is what Parish is desperate to avoid..

Tim
07-07-2017, 04:46 AM

Giroud?

colin61
07-07-2017, 04:50 AM
If we were to sell that would be entirely up to Frank & I doubt he would but if he did I would be surprised if he did unless he had a replacement lined up or in

Danny boy
07-07-2017, 05:18 AM
25m and BatshuayI would be a fair offer imo. I doubt they are interested in him anyway.

Worksop Palace
07-07-2017, 05:52 AM
'Hello Steve Parish speaking'

'Hi Steve, Roman here'

'How you doing Roman my old pal, my old mucker, my old geez'

'I'm very good thanks Steve. Now, about Benteke'

'**** off you thieving, ugly, bent, wankstain **** of a twatting shithouse'

'Steve ? Steve ? You there Steve ?'

Ninjas Headband
07-07-2017, 05:55 AM
We only get a decent striker about once every 10 years so why sell him?

FourtyTwo
07-07-2017, 06:17 AM
25m and BatshuayI would be a fair offer imo. I doubt they are interested in him anyway.

Chuck Zouma in as well, and that'd be a deal worth considering IMO.

Cake and Eat It
07-07-2017, 06:33 AM
As others have said, 20+ M and Batashuyi would be a good deal.

eaglebhoy
07-07-2017, 06:37 AM
I'd be happy with Sakho and whatever half decent forward is available, especially one who will run around!

This weirdo made his problem obvious here, he's one of those strange ones who believes that a player can't be any good unless he at least runs around the place (aimlessly) a lot !

So Benteke is obviously crap because he doesn't run about like a demented gobsh1te :moo:

philsick
07-07-2017, 06:41 AM
We don't know what kind of system we're going to play yet but if it's a high press benteke will struggle, it's why klopp never used him.

alf
07-07-2017, 06:42 AM
He doesn't seem to pick up injuries like other players.

No way should we sell him for any money. He's a proven EPL goal scorer and I'm not sure if we could replace him with anyone as good no matter how much we spent on a replacement striker.

aj4england
07-07-2017, 06:48 AM
If we are going to play the high press then Shane Long is pretty good but doesnt score enough . But not instead of Christian

Nostrils
07-07-2017, 06:53 AM
I think de Boer will know that it's too risky at this stage, maybe next summer. We might even see a different side to Benteke if he gets the ball to his feet with a bit of space and support around him - he's scored some cracking goals with his feet in the past, so he has the ability.

Lombardo's hair
07-07-2017, 07:02 AM

Thanks Mr conte but you'll have to considerably up your offer not lower it

East-End Eagle
07-07-2017, 07:06 AM
'Hello Steve Parish speaking'

'Hi Steve, Roman here'

'How you doing Roman my old pal, my old mucker, my old geez'

'I'm very good thanks Steve. Now, about Benteke'

'**** off you thieving, ugly, bent, wankstain **** of a twatting shithouse'

'Steve ? Steve ? You there Steve ?'

I get the feeling if anyone spoke to him like that they would be sleeping with the fishes pretty soon....

PalaceForever
07-07-2017, 07:13 AM
I'm more worried about Everton coming for him, but hopefully Koeman has his eye on someone else.

:clown:

gold76
07-07-2017, 07:14 AM
Only the 3rd striker we've had who has hit double figures in the premier league.

AJ and Armstrong the other two.

Folly to sell him now, even for silly money.

Would need to bring in 2 decent strikers and also would leave an air of negativity about the place.

A fit and firing Benteke, has the potential to hit 20 this year

gold76
07-07-2017, 07:16 AM
As an aside, and I know he's being *****d off for it, but I have a sneaky feeling that Soldermalm, was not being completely serious with his pricing for the big man.

Nostrils
07-07-2017, 07:20 AM

Not thinking of selling your house by any chance are you, I'd like first refusal if so.

Wycombe Eagle#2
07-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Yep I think it would be madness personally. 15+ goals a season forwards do not come cheaply so if he was to go we'd have to screw Chelsea for every penny they've got. I'm not convinced Batshuyi would score those numbers.

Maybe if the fee was big enough to fund Sakho and possibly inniacho (SP) or Giroud who both have experience or goals in the premier league then that would be the only way I'd even think about it.

sheepy
07-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Benteke for Batshuayi + Zouma / Christiansen would be temping and probably not too unrealistic.

For me we probably need to be spending 20mil plus on at least two positions this summer (CB + CM).

If we could get a deal which takes care of one of those positions without making us noticeably weaker up front then that frees up more to spend on attacking cover, goal keeper etc

Thefunkymonk
07-07-2017, 07:23 AM
We wont sell him. Close thread

gamesmeister
07-07-2017, 07:23 AM

:supergrin::supergrin: You dozy ****

Shipp Ahoy!
07-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Frazier Campbell is still available... :D :wallbash: :jerkit:

rambo1
07-07-2017, 07:47 AM
We wont sell him. Close thread

Absolutely.
He's Persuaded,Mamadou Sakho to Sign.
Just Need to agree Fee & then Sign 3 or 4 More.

Palace121
07-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Unfortunately, this wouldn't surprise me at all. Conte has been very complimentary of Benteke in the past and if Chelsea come calling, I'd imagine Big Ben would fancy another crack at one of the big boys. Of course, we wouldn't have to sell but it would be hard for us to turn down a big offer if the player wants to go.

If it were to happen, I'd love it to be 50m minimum but suspect it would be more around the 40m mark. I think Giroud would have to be made our number 1 target to replace him.

upperteir
07-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Why sell him he's a top quality player who's goals since being in the premier league have kept teams up. Another 15 goals this season almost guarantees us staying up. Far too many positives to benteke anyone thinking otherwise is crazy.

andyocpfc
07-07-2017, 08:02 AM
I don't think we would sell him (unless ridiculous offer came in) but I just hope this doesn't affect him knowing a 'big' club with Champion's League offering is after him. We all know that a player's head can be turned by bigger clubs and money.

eagle-leg
07-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, this wouldn't surprise me at all. Conte has been very complimentary of Benteke in the past and if Chelsea come calling, I'd imagine Big Ben would fancy another crack at one of the big boys. Of course, we wouldn't have to sell but it would be hard for us to turn down a big offer if the player wants to go.

If it were to happen, I'd love it to be 50m minimum but suspect it would be more around the 40m mark. I think Giroud would have to be made our number 1 target to replace him.

We paid 30m.

No way should we sell for 40m. Would just be plain daft.

Nostrils
07-07-2017, 08:10 AM
There'd be a sell on percentage to take into consideration as well.

swissroll
07-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Benteke is our only fit striker - FDB would need to be very confidant he could bring in 2 really good ones for the money for the money we get for Benteke. Replacing the guaranteed 15+ goals Benteke brings to the table is very difficult

eaglejez
07-07-2017, 08:13 AM
unless we sell for silly money we may aswell give up.

knowlesyUCLA
07-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Benteke has pretty much set his stall out already when it comes to the bigger clubs. He wants to play every week regardless. He simply won't do that at Chelsea.

They will end up with Morata, who is absolute quality anyway for more or less the same money it would take for us to sell Benteke.

Palace121
07-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Benteke has pretty much set his stall out already when it comes to the bigger clubs. He wants to play every week regardless. He simply won't do that at Chelsea.

They will end up with Morata, who is absolute quality anyway for more or less the same money it would take for us to sell Benteke.

How has he? Because he left a Liverpool side with a manager that didn't want him? Doesn't mean another manager couldn't convince him that he would be their main man.

Joe1905
07-07-2017, 08:21 AM
How has he? Because he left a Liverpool side with a manager that didn't want him? Doesn't mean another manager couldn't convince him that he would be their main man.

If the press is to be believed they want CB as cover

CP-RJW
07-07-2017, 08:26 AM
With all respect to Benteke's ability, I don't think he's daft enough to think he'd be anything more than second choice for a team that will be aiming to win the champions league this season. Chelsea can and will do better for their first choice striker.

Nigelbrag
07-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Surely it journalists putting out a story, for a start i can't see CB's lethargic movements suiting Conte style, much more likely to be Morata.
But if there is any truth in this then we have to be realistic in our valuation, if a deal of say 20m plus Batshui spelling? with an added sweetener of Loftus-Cheek on a years loan with no fee and with the right to buy at say 15m, would be a great deal.

Palace121
07-07-2017, 08:40 AM
With all respect to Benteke's ability, I don't think he's daft enough to think he'd be anything more than second choice for a team that will be aiming to win the champions league this season. Chelsea can and will do better for their first choice striker.

I disagree. He's as good as Lukaku.

Martin H
07-07-2017, 08:54 AM
I posted early on that this is one of the big decisions for De Boer who believes in a high and early press (a fundamental, not linked to a particular shape). Benteke provides goals and hold up play to die for but doesn't really do pressing terribly well which means FDB has to work out how to adjust around that or swap and replace with a natural, and maybe buy 2 players with the cash. I don't think it's as easy a decision as we might think but nevertheless I expect FDB to keep the bird in the hand and make it work. Or at least try. The latter is the only reason why we might look at Van Persie. Again I doubt that will happen but his movement up front would transform things. Still unlikely.

I would expect FDB to ask a lot from CB and it will either push him into that next level or he will take his bat home. What we should see I think are far better chances and passes into his feet but he has to improve his movement. It could be very exciting because if he can embrace this he will score a lot of goals.

Could be a frosty relationship between these two and interesting to see how that goes.

Sodermalm
07-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Our best striker since Wright.

Hilarious. Not as good as AJ or Chris Armstrong at his peak

Thefunkymonk
07-07-2017, 08:57 AM
I posted early on that this is one of the big decisions for De Boer who believes in a high and early press (a fundamental, not linked to a particular shape). Benteke provides goals and hold up play to die for but doesn't really do pressing terribly well which means FDB has to work out how to adjust around that or swap and replace with a natural, and maybe buy 2 players with the cash. I don't think it's as easy a decision as we might think but nevertheless I expect FDB to keep the bird in the hand and make it work. Or at least try. The latter is the only reason why we might look at Van Persie. Again I doubt that will happen but his movement up front would transform things. Still unlikely.

I would expect FDB to ask a lot from CB and it will either push him into that next level or he will take his bat home. What we should see I think are far better chances and passes into his feet but he has to improve his movement. It could be very exciting because if he can embrace this he will score a lot of goals.

Could be a frosty relationship between these two and interesting to see how that goes.

Massive assumptions here Martin.

Plus high press starts at the back/midfield they play higher closing down higher.. therefore less of a gap between striker and midfield.. means less space.. means less running round like headless chicken

PauLo
07-07-2017, 08:58 AM

Nope. As much as I love them, Benteke is a class above.

Thefunkymonk
07-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Nope. As much as I love them, Benteke is a class above.

This

Sodermalm
07-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Whoops, just seen responses to my previous post. He's good but nothing special, certainly not the player he was thought to be at Villa.

He is worth more than 15-20m but only because of the crazy market at the moment which hopefully won't last forever (as long as it benefits us)

CP-RJW
07-07-2017, 09:01 AM
I disagree. He's as good as Lukaku.

They're both class, but the only area I see Benteke being better in is heading. Lukaku is faster, stronger, a better finisher and moves more if you look at their average distances covered. He's also 2 or 3 years younger so likely hasn't hit his peak yet.

Thefunkymonk
07-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Whoops, just seen responses to my previous post. He's good but nothing special, certainly not the player he was thought to be at Villa.

He is worth more than 15-20m but only because of the crazy market at the moment which hopefully won't last forever (as long as it benefits us)

Troll

Nostrils
07-07-2017, 09:05 AM
All about opinions I suppose, can't see much hilarity in it though.

Martin H
07-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Massive assumptions here Martin.

Plus high press starts at the back/midfield they play higher closing down higher.. therefore less of a gap between striker and midfield.. means less space.. means less running round like headless chicken

Not sure they are 'massive assumptions'. Are they assumptions at all? FDB has already mentioned at least twice that he wants us to get the ball back much quicker all over the pitch. By definition that means everyone has to press. I agree that the gap between them should close but CB will still have to press and I don't think there is much doubt that he isn't a natural. I don't mean the headless chicken thing (that drives me nuts TBH and even worse when they get clapped for it), I mean effective pressing (Cabaye is by a mile our best example and he hasn't done headless chicken in his life :)).

I genuinely think he will have made a conscious decision on this, especially as it releases the largest funds but equally it would throw away an awful lot and I don't think he will take that risk. I want Benteke to stay but more importantly I think, I want him to look to improve his game in the same way Wilf has continued to do.

henryhallandhisbasque
07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
He scored 15 Premier League goals for us last season. And for a side battling against relegation for most of it. Those types of players are invaluable. Proven goal scorers in this division and we've got one. Find me another for less than 30m and I'd say sell him, but not to bring in an unproven striker from abroad. Finding me a long list of Premier League failures of those is a much easier task.

Thefunkymonk
07-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Not sure they are 'massive assumptions'. Are they assumptions at all? FDB has already mentioned at least twice that he wants us to get the ball back much quicker all over the pitch. By definition that means everyone has to press. I agree that the gap between them should close but CB will still have to press and I don't think there is much doubt that he isn't a natural. I don't mean the headless chicken thing (that drives me nuts TBH and even worse when they get clapped for it), I mean effective pressing (Cabaye is by a mile our best example and he hasn't done headless chicken in his life :)).

I genuinely think he will have made a conscious decision on this, especially as it releases the largest funds but equally it would throw away an awful lot and I don't think he will take that risk. I want Benteke to stay but more importantly I think, I want him to look to improve his game in the same way Wilf has continued to do.

Your first assumption is we will play a high press. Second one is Benteke can't adapt to play it. Third was the potential frosty relationship.

We won't sell him. I'd bet my mortgage on it

eagles #1
07-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Could Everton want him to replace Lukaku?

RisZero
07-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Everton seem to be doubling the size of their squad. Only this morning i heard talk they are in negotiations with Siggurdsson and they are close to some midfielder from QPR

eagles #1
07-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Everton seem to be doubling the size of their squad. Only this morning i heard talk they are in negotiations with Siggurdsson and they are close to some midfielder from QPR

Have they signed a striker yet though? Lukaku is the only striker I can think of at their place.

Speron1
07-07-2017, 09:46 AM
After Giroud int they?

RisZero
07-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Have they signed a striker yet though? Lukaku is the only striker I can think of at their place.

Linked to Giroud, Rooney and have already signed Sandro Ramirez, Henry Onyekuru and Boris Mathis

aj4england
07-07-2017, 09:59 AM
40m player in the current market. Worth 50m to us though

cpfcfan1
07-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Kirby
07-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Can't see Chelsea shelling out 40-50m on him unless they plan to have him as their #1 striker.

Would be surprised if that was the case, but stranger things have happened.

eagles #1
07-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Linked to Giroud, Rooney and have already signed Sandro Ramirez, Henry Onyekuru and Boris Mathis

Fair enough.

GreatGonzo
07-07-2017, 10:22 AM
Can't see Chelsea shelling out 40-50m on him unless they plan to have him as their #1 striker.

Would be surprised if that was the case, but stranger things have happened.

Having kicked Costa out and i cannot see Conte and Costa both being there in September, they only have Remy and Batshuayi as recognised experienced strikers don't they?

Benteke would go in at their best if they went for him. Unlikely he is near the top of any list they have though.

CPFC.1990
07-07-2017, 10:35 AM
I would not swap Benteke for any of Chelsea's strikers.

sydnsteve
07-07-2017, 10:50 AM
I would not swap him for anyone. Yes, he can have off games but Lukaku had a lot more than him in a better team.
He will never run his ass of, and never has, but that is no bad thing TBH. Dowie ran a lot (though you'd have struggled to notice the difference) but suffered the impedement of being ******* useless.

Martin H
07-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Your first assumption is we will play a high press. Second one is Benteke can't adapt to play it. Third was the potential frosty relationship.

We won't sell him. I'd bet my mortgage on it

I will give you the third one as fair enough but the other two are opinions on what I have seen and heard not assumptions.

I don't know how else to translate FDB's comments other than pressing all over the pitch.

I have been able to watch every minute of Benteke's time with us and obviously seen him before against us and others while at Liverpool and Villa. I am happy to stick with my assessment that he is not one of life's natural pressers and that he would need to actively change his game to do that. Which I am saying could be a step forward for him.

I wasn't even assuming they would have a frosty relationship TBH, I was just commenting that it 'could' be - if Benteke can't meet FDB's expectations on the pitch. Benteke being an overtly proud man and FDB having recently pulled a player off for not following instructions. but as I said, I can understand your comment re this point.

I know you are defending Benteke on here, but I am not attacking him :) - we are on the same side - honest. :)

SEEPEEEFFSEE
07-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Our only hope would be that Benteke's experience at Liverpool has put him off going somewhere like Chelsea to end up on the bench. Unfortunately though, if Chelsea came knocking with a big offer, we may not be able to turn it down.

alexcpfc
07-07-2017, 11:47 AM
15-20 goal Premiership strikers are like Gold Dust.

It would have to be a ludicrous offer for us to even contemplate.

st albans
07-07-2017, 12:19 PM
It would have to be a ludicrous offer for us to even contemplate.

there are very few clubs that could pay the sort of money we'd want for him

carter
07-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Worth 50M to us now easy. Anyone that doesn't mind if Benteke leaves or don't rate him are stupid. Would have been relegated without him last season and would most likely be the same case again this season. Our no9 this season that we need every game

Heath eagle
07-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Won't happen would leave us looking for a new main striker , unless it's a totally ridiculous bid of 40 plus

orp pisshead1
07-07-2017, 12:38 PM

Well they're paying out silly money at mo but we'd be silly to sell him.

orp pisshead1
07-07-2017, 12:39 PM

:lux:

orp pisshead1
07-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Our only hope would be that Benteke's experience at Liverpool has put him off going somewhere like Chelsea to end up on the bench. Unfortunately though, if Chelsea came knocking with a big offer, we may not be able to turn it down.

Big offer has to be north of 50 mill in current silly market .

orp pisshead1
07-07-2017, 12:43 PM

And their Belgium keeper 👍🏻

Chris K
07-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Well they're paying out silly money at mo but we'd be silly to sell him.

I think the bulk of that has been spending the Lukaku fee before sides get wind of them having loads of money from it

adrenalin john
07-07-2017, 05:26 PM
I will give you the third one as fair enough but the other two are opinions on what I have seen and heard not assumptions.

I don't know how else to translate FDB's comments other than pressing all over the pitch.

I have been able to watch every minute of Benteke's time with us and obviously seen him before against us and others while at Liverpool and Villa. I am happy to stick with my assessment that he is not one of life's natural pressers and that he would need to actively change his game to do that. Which I am saying could be a step forward for him.

I wasn't even assuming they would have a frosty relationship TBH, I was just commenting that it 'could' be - if Benteke can't meet FDB's expectations on the pitch. Benteke being an overtly proud man and FDB having recently pulled a player off for not following instructions. but as I said, I can understand your comment re this point.

I know you are defending Benteke on here, but I am not attacking him :) - we are on the same side - honest. :)

Interesting post. Klopp the plop is massive high press advocate, is this reason he didn't rate Benteke?

Eaglesmad123
10-07-2017, 05:06 PM
The benteke interest is serious

CPFC85
10-07-2017, 05:15 PM
75 million and he's there's.

Martin H
10-07-2017, 05:17 PM

Bearing in mind they want 25m for McCarthy that put's Benteke at least 60m, maybe more. You reap what you sow you Toffee Blue boys, you and your Z Cars theme........ :)

EDIT - just had a horrible thought - CB doesn't have a Release clause does he?

The problem with this crazy market is last year's unbreakable Release clause looks cheap as chips this summer

cpfcfan1
10-07-2017, 05:18 PM
No way would he go Chelsea to sit on their bench, Everton on the other hand...

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 05:19 PM
He wont go anywhere unless it's ridiculous money.

orp pisshead1
10-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I think the bulk of that has been spending the Lukaku fee before sides get wind of them having loads of money from it

Agree and tbf a good ply but their very minted anyway these days.

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Plus Everton have just signed Rooney.. who will play up top I'd imagine

orp pisshead1
10-07-2017, 05:22 PM

And our need to keep him needs to match that.

RisZero
10-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Are we talking about Everton or Chelsea? I thought the actual rumour was Chelsea and Everton was just a posters "what if"?

orp pisshead1
10-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Plus Everton have just signed Rooney.. who will play up top I'd imagine

Apparently toffees have already said he'll play in several roles.

hdeagle
10-07-2017, 05:36 PM
I can think of Shrek but not any other roles that he could play.

CP-RJW
10-07-2017, 05:37 PM
The issue is that even if we did get a massive wedge for Benteke, other clubs would exploit the fact that we're desperate for a striker and have lots of newfound money to invest in one. Additionally, what proven premier league strikers at benteke's level and age are there available who we could realistically attract? I don't see any.

ForzaPalace
10-07-2017, 05:39 PM
We'd be relegated without him. Fact.

cpfcfan1
10-07-2017, 05:42 PM
http://readeverton.com/2017/07/10/everton-reportedly-identify-benteke-backup-plan/

RisZero
10-07-2017, 05:43 PM
I try to be optimistic whenever i can in transfer windows but im not sure it would be possible if Benteke goes, and like others have said i couldnt begin to think of who could replace him thats within our reach

averity
10-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Would deffo not want him to leave, and in all honesty if lukkaku went for 75/90 then benteke is worth 60ish! And can't see Everton paying that

hdeagle
10-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Media up to their usual tricks of linking Palace as a selling club where players can be enticed away.

Which as we showed with Wilf is no longer the case and it will take huge offers to get any of our star players and even then Palace do not have to sell as they are on long contracts and we are no longer the paupers that have to sell to survive due to our vast financial resources of our owners.

El Aguila
10-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Slap a massive asking price on him, it's the new thing.

in-exile
10-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Slap a massive asking price on him, it's the new thing.200 million and sadly would then let him go! :D

Buglebob
10-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Lol

cpfcfan1
10-07-2017, 05:57 PM
I'd demand 50+ if they were interested

Not that I'd sell

Eaglesmad123
10-07-2017, 05:58 PM
The interest is with chelsea. Bigger wages and the champions league. Would be hard not to be tempted.

doof
10-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Madness to sell at any price really. I'm sure the papers will be offering all our players as cheap alternatives like they usually do.
We would need to buy Giroud to replace him - he's the only option I can think of a ready made premier league striker who would score goals we need to stay in the league.

Prices are getting crazier by the week so we got Benteke for what seems like a bargain price now

Malarkey
10-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Lol

There's no "lol" about it

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 06:14 PM
The interest is with chelsea. Bigger wages and the champions league. Would be hard not to be tempted.

Genuinely not worried in the slightest about Chelsea. They have batshuyi (sp?) and will he signing Morata or someone of that ilk.

Sick Bucket
10-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Utter bollocks. Fact.

Wycombe Eagle#2
10-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Everton just seems like lazy journalism. Lose Lukaku and people obviously think of Benteke as his replacement.

Chelsea on the other hand is a strange one and I probably wouldn't dismiss it. They don't seem to be linked with the big named megastars and Conte seems like someone who wants to build a squad of no prima donas. He obviously gave Costa his marching orders. On the way home they were reporting Chelsea were keen on Llorente. I mean if that's true then why not our big Ben.

I love Benteke but if true what if something like this helped bring in Loftus-Cheek loan, Zouma permanent and funds for Giroud for example?

Billy Rhino
10-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Madness to sell at any price really. I'm sure the papers will be offering all our players as cheap alternatives like they usually do.
We would need to buy Giroud to replace him - he's the only option I can think of a ready made premier league striker who would score goals we need to stay in the league.

Prices are getting crazier by the week so we got Benteke for what seems like a bargain price now

Personally I thought we paid too much for CB, especially when you consider his wages, however I have to agree he's starting to look like a bargain.

The12thman
10-07-2017, 06:30 PM
He's not going anywhere unless crazy money is offered. 50m+.

We bought him in a 32m deal last year, we've been in the prem a little while now and are not complete minnows in this league. We not doing anyone any favours.

mpfn
10-07-2017, 06:33 PM
If Chelsea come calling, ask for Batshuayi and 30million !

beef
10-07-2017, 06:35 PM
We're ****ed if he goes. Should never have sold Murray.

Fitzie123
10-07-2017, 06:45 PM

Please say this is a joke.

Sleeping Giant
10-07-2017, 06:59 PM
I'd demand 50+ if they were interested

Not that I'd sell

I'd be gutted if he even went for that. We'd likely bring in 3 bang average players who didn't improve the 1st XI one jot. We aren't a savvy football club in the main and I worry that just as we got a aroused over seeing a profit on the books for Murray and Jedi yet failed to replace them (at all) we'd lose focus again. All over again with a new manager trying to understand what we we have and what this league is about, trying all sorts of lovely new progressive things to see how we did (lol). You can imagine JMac going too for (in the scheme of things) bugger all so that when our fantasy football goes t*ts up we have nobody with spirit and character to change it back (again). Maybe if he is proven to be unable to achieve previous fitness it would be acceptable but if that isn't the case and he is going to go, well that would appear suicidal at a time when really, we are incredibly destabilised. And that is from someone who worries about JM's communication and didn't really think he and Cabaye could play in same midfield. Partly as a result, that is.

FourtyTwo
10-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Earlier in the thread, I said 25m + Zouma + Batshuayi (permanent deals, not loans) and I'd still go with that. The deal would have to include a striker IMO, as to sort out a replacement in a separate deal could take a while, meaning we go into the season with Keshi as the only fit striker!

SP has never allowed us to be "mugged off" when selling, and we are in possibly the strongest position, as a club overall, that we've ever been in, but you have to imagine Benteke would fancy the move if the interest is real.

Would be gutting if he did leave, but the right deal could allow us to strengthen elsewhere substantially. Just has to include an incoming striker!

Stockport_Eagle
10-07-2017, 07:32 PM
If I were to believe everything, we're about to sign Loftus-Cheek on loan and sell Mandanda, Dann, McArthur, Townsend & Benteke for c.90m.

I guess the kids will get a chance! :)

Payroll Legend
10-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Can't be arsed to read through all this

Is there any actual basis of interest shown by Chelsea (or anyone) or is it just the usual panic over fvck all?

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Can't be arsed to read through all this

Is there any actual basis of interest shown by Chelsea (or anyone) or is it just the usual panic over fvck all?

The latter

PalaceRichard
10-07-2017, 07:47 PM
The only comment worth making about this is that at 30m he was actually great value. 15 goals in a way below par team, potentially 20 in a decently performing Palace team next season hopefully.

Payroll Legend
10-07-2017, 07:48 PM
The latter

Thanks. Over and out.

CharlieCPFC
10-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Benteke is a massive player for us, no doubting that. But if an offer of 50M+ came along we'd be silly not to consider. I'm not sure in de Boer's high pressing style how Benteke will adapt to that.

The only thing with Benteke going is it may play some part in Sakho being put off signing for us.

50M+ would definitely go a long way to improving the overall squad.

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Chelsea won't sign Benteke.. not a 'big' name

Everton may chance their arm.. but we know they have just banked 75-100m (depending on which report you read) and we signed him for 32m only last season so would demand silly money for him.. probably 45m +

Personally I wouldn't sell at all.. he is class.. and to replace that class we would need to spend silly money again.

AJ
10-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Earlier in the thread, I said 25m + Zouma + Batshuayi (permanent deals, not loans) and I'd still go with that. The deal would have to include a striker IMO, as to sort out a replacement in a separate deal could take a while, meaning we go into the season with Keshi as the only fit striker!

When is Wickham back? I thought he was back training.

sl6 Eagle
10-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Everton are the concern.

bloodfart
10-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Everton are the concern.
30m plus Bolasie then :)

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Everton are the concern.

They aren't a concern. They have spent 100m already. They won't spend 50m on Benteke

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Plus Everton will sign giroud

ForzaPalace
10-07-2017, 08:24 PM
He's not going anywhere. It took us months to sign him, he bagged 17 goals last season and cost us over 30 million quid. I have gripes with the board sometimes but there's no way they will entertain any interest for Benteke, from anyone.

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 08:28 PM
He's not going anywhere. It took us months to sign him, he bagged 17 goals last season and cost us over 30 million quid. I have gripes with the board sometimes but there's no way they will entertain any interest for Benteke, from anyone.

Sense

Bryan
10-07-2017, 08:28 PM
He's going nowhere

cpfcben
10-07-2017, 08:29 PM
We paid a large amount of money to sign him in our current situation we are likely to want around 60m 65m. Proven goal scorers are impossible to find at this level.

SeanPalace84
10-07-2017, 08:30 PM
As some know, I'm the most pessimistic twat in the world but even I know this is ridiculous. He is a Palace player and will stay that way! I love the transfer window.

Mr Palace
10-07-2017, 08:31 PM
No way would we sell our only striker.

Surely?!

Really hope this is BS. Don't want his head being turned. He's a class act.

wavey
10-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Benteke is a massive player for us, no doubting that. But if an offer of 50M+ came along we'd be silly not to consider. I'm not sure in de Boer's high pressing style how Benteke will adapt to that.

I think FDB will adapt the team around Benteke to play a high press game. I think Frank needs to find a way to narrow the area Benteke has to press in. If Townsend and Zaha can press the fullbacks then Benteke can cover the middle. The question is - can we do this without leaving our flanks exposed.

Shamone
Why would he want to go and play for an overrated old Dutch centre half?

st albans
Everton are the concern.

They'll sign Giroud

ForzaPalace
10-07-2017, 08:40 PM
No way would we sell our only striker.

Surely?!

Really hope this is BS. Don't want his head being turned. He's a class act.

This as well. Easy to forget with Wickham's injury record he is basically our only striker at the club.

16eagles
10-07-2017, 08:42 PM
If I were to believe everything, we're about to sign Loftus-Cheek on loan and sell Mandanda, Dann, McArthur, Townsend & Benteke for c.90m.

I guess the kids will get a chance! :)

Just so we can sign Sakho more like!

16eagles
10-07-2017, 08:52 PM
I think FDB will adapt the team around Benteke to play a high press game. I think Frank needs to find a way to narrow the area Benteke has to press in. If Townsend and Zaha can press the fullbacks then Benteke can cover the middle. The question is - can we do this without leaving our flanks exposed.

We were talking about this on another thread. He won't do this, he will want him to press arguably more than anyone in the 3 up top. Don't think he's the best at this, Klopp defiantly thought so as he also loves playing this way.
Not sure it will happen because will be massive pressure replacing him.
Never know we could be going for Kasper Dolberg..

SuperSnoops
10-07-2017, 09:01 PM

SuperSnoops
10-07-2017, 09:05 PM

Seanee Pawnee
10-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Ring too many changes too soon. Not good!

Mr Palace
10-07-2017, 09:30 PM
This as well. Easy to forget with Wickham's injury record he is basically our only striker at the club.

Yep, can't sell him.

Chillo
10-07-2017, 09:32 PM
I can think of Shrek but not any other roles that he could play.

Shrek 2? :moo2:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
10-07-2017, 09:40 PM
As some know, I'm the most pessimistic twat in the world but even I know this is ridiculous. He is a Palace player and will stay that way! I love the transfer window.

You're no Penstone Eagle though!

FourtyTwo
10-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Looking at it from both perspectives:

If the wankers hadn't signed Lukaku, and Chelsea had, would anyone expect Man Utd to be sniffing round Benteke?

But, if you believe that Chelsea are interested, does anyone reckon Benteke to not have a "release clause" for a Champions League club in his contract?

25m + Zouma + Batshuayi, and then put the cash towards Arnautovic, and the team is looking far improved, with probably the same, if not more, goals in it than Benteke alone!

southwesteagle
10-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Have to agree that given the current values on strikers and using Lukaku value as a yardstick then Benteke with his proven PL scoring record has to be valued at around 55 - 60M plus........for me this is possibly too good a deal to turn down especially as has been said Cash plus Zouma and a player that we tried to buy last year in MB could form part of the deal.......CB has strengths no one can question that but his lack of mobility is a concern and there has to be a question mark potentially around his suitability to play under the style of football FDB is likely to introduce........I would not be at all surprised for a transfer to EFC to be just around the corner.

James SG
10-07-2017, 09:56 PM
They aren't a concern. They have spent 100m already. They won't spend 50m on Benteke

Most of which they just recouped by selling lakaku. I suspect they do have the cash and will be spending it somewhere.

Thefunkymonk
10-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Most of which they just recouped by selling lakaku. I suspect they do have the cash and will be spending it somewhere.

I know. But I doubt they'll spend 50m + on Benteke.. because that's what it will take

DARZET EAGLE
10-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Not that old chestnut again. IF he goes which I doubt, it will not be until we have a quality replacement lined up.

Maidstone Eagle
10-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Simply hope he stays and performs even better than last season.

Can be unplayable on his day.

He is signed on a long term deal so no need for us to sell.

Only problem would be if he agitates for a move - we all know how those situations develop

James SG
10-07-2017, 10:27 PM
I know. But I doubt they'll spend 50m + on Benteke.. because that's what it will take

Let's hope so! I would be worried if we have to change too much too quickly

Winny
10-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Batshuyi (sp) plus a handful of cash for a sakho deal and I'd trade.

Equally if he wants to stay I'll be happy

danpalace07
10-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Everton and Chelsea can kiss my ******* arse, he's going nowhere

Stinger1
10-07-2017, 10:42 PM

They never spent the stones money last summer either. Think they were trying to sign Sisssoko last minute but Spurs beat them to him. They have a serious war chest this summer.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
10-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Not worried. The only way he would be sold would be for a very, very big fee. Won't happen.

4 cryingOutloud
10-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Olivier Giroud could well be available for around 20mil, so if we got that set up first and then sold Benteke for 50mil that would provide some 30mil for other targets/signings. There is a difference in ages though with Benteke only 26 V Giroud 30. Just saying.

Oli28
10-07-2017, 10:52 PM
25m + Zouma + Batshuayi, and then put the cash towards Arnautovic, and the team is looking far improved, with probably the same, if not more, goals in it than Benteke alone!
That'll never happen, but if it did we'd need to spend that 25m on an out and out striker. I wouldn't want to go in to the season with just Batshiayi, albeit I wouldn't want to go in with just Benteke either

Eaglesmad123
10-07-2017, 10:56 PM
A lack of signings by the board might make him look at his options.

4 cryingOutloud
10-07-2017, 10:58 PM

SP got it dead right in selling the aging Murray. We got a decent fee for him and he's only been a shadow of his former self ever since he left. Oh, I forgot, the sentimentality aspect.:supergrin:

Eaglesmad123
10-07-2017, 10:59 PM
They never spent the stones money last summer either. Think they were trying to sign Sisssoko last minute but Spurs beat them to him. They have a serious war chest this summer.

And a very wealthy owner.

Oli28
10-07-2017, 11:01 PM
SP got it dead right in selling the aging Murray. We got a decent fee for him and he's only been a shadow of his former self ever since he left. Oh, I forgot, the sentimentality aspect.:supergrin:
Except we played a fair chunk of the following season without a recognised striker and struggled as a result. I think he should've stayed considering the relatively low fee but im sure we can all agree that he doesn't compare to Benteke.

4 cryingOutloud
10-07-2017, 11:01 PM
And a very wealthy owner.

We have two extremely wealthy, multi-billionaire owners, but they won't be tossing their cash around willy-nilly.

averity
10-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Sakho will come and tekkers going no where, best striker we has in years. Chelsea will go for a bigger player anyway me thinks, and we should tell Everton to do one, we are trying to compete with them

orp pisshead1
10-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Simply hope he stays and performs even better than last season.

Can be unplayable on his day.

He is signed on a long term deal so no need for us to sell.

Only problem would be if he agitates for a move - we all know how those situations develop

Best we sign Sakho pronto then to stop him leaving.

Martin H
10-07-2017, 11:45 PM

Not being silly here but TBH if Lukaku is 100m and McCarthy is 25m then Benteke has to be more like 60m with his goal per game record. Was is 15 in 36 games for us - a struggling season with disruption of 2 managers.

If they stump up 60m - which I doubt very much - then TBH they must be so serious that they will have unsettled CB by then and we would have little choice.

I just don't think Everton will pay that. Thankfully. Just hope they don't unsettle him while they mess about waiting for Giroud.

Stavros 69
10-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Time for Babacar

Gyro1780
10-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Bunch of clowns :clown: on here suggesting we sell Benteke & how we're going to spend the money from the sale...:jerkit:
Sorry but he won't be going anywhere.

hdeagle
11-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Everton got fined 45,000 and censured for tapping up Nottingham Forest's Lascelles in 2014.

Could they be accused of the same thing now happening with the media linking them with Gray, Siggurdsen, Benteke and Giroud who are all still under contract with their clubs.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=everton+fined+for+illegal+approach

TheCharmer1
11-07-2017, 06:19 AM
Strikers are at a premium in this market and with his age and his goals per game ratio, Benteke is right up there.

He seems content in London, and after his Liverpool experience, would take some persuading I'd imagine, so lets keep him at all costs.

CPFC85
11-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Everton got fined 45,000 and censured for tapping up Nottingham Forest's Lascelles in 2014.

Could they be accused of the same thing now happening with the media linking them with Gray, Siggurdsen, Benteke and Giroud who are all still under contract with their clubs.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=everton+fined+for+illegal+approach

That's what I've been thinking. Something stinks about this. Wouldn't be suprised if those wankers are purposely trying to unsettle him. Twats.

cpfcfan1
11-07-2017, 06:32 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10944237/everton-ready-to-make-move-for-christian-benteke

rambo1
11-07-2017, 06:42 AM
We have two extremely wealthy, multi-billionaire owners, but they won't be tossing their cash around willy-nilly.

Owners can No Longer Spend their Money Willy-Nilly,FFP.
Their Money can only be used on the Infrastructure.

Mr Palace
11-07-2017, 06:45 AM
That's not entirely true.

Happy Arthur
11-07-2017, 06:47 AM
If he went for 50m, that would be 110m in 3 years!

Thefunkymonk
11-07-2017, 06:52 AM
Everton also have made a 40m offer for sigurdsson... they haven't got a bottomless pit

CPFC85
11-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Quote the wankers 75 million.

hdeagle
11-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Sky News should be re-named "News From Our Favourite Clubs"

You would never think that there are 20 clubs in the Premier League the way that most of the media carry on pandering to the big clubs who can do no wrong in their eyes.

Thefunkymonk
11-07-2017, 07:02 AM
It does seem this is gathering pace. If he goes.. I hope we get silly money in.. I mean more then 50m.. be a shame..

Dedders
11-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Everton also have made a 40m offer for sigurdsson... they haven't got a bottomless pit

They have more than just cash they got for lukaku. And I imagine they have left themselves an ample kitty for a replacement striker

Thefunkymonk
11-07-2017, 07:06 AM
They have more than just cash they got for lukaku. And I imagine they have left themselves an ample kitty for a replacement striker

True. Linked with dzeko and giroud.. hopefully they get one of the other two

Nostrils
11-07-2017, 07:08 AM
He may not even want to go, I thought he looked happy and settled in the training videos. Money and ambition talks I know, but he has been bitten in Liverpool once already and that may have put him off for a while. Get Sackho over the line and he stays.

aj4england
11-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Would only be conceivable if the club were certain to get giroud and arnoutivic. But that they would cost probably 200k in wages and how likely is that. Big ben is very important , cpfc could have a great season if the club invested around 60 million and not the 30 to 40 speculated

hdeagle
11-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Palace made a statement by keeping Wilf and now they need to do the same with Christian Benteke.

They cannot afford to once again become a selling club as they will never make the next level that the owners crave.

It is not as if he is nearing the end of his contract as he still has 3 years left on it and it would prove very difficult for Palace to get like for like as replacements.

Malarkey
11-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Palace made a statement by keeping Wilf and now they need to do the same with Christian Benteke.

They cannot afford to once again become a selling club as they will never make the next level that the owners crave.

It is not as if he is nearing the end of his contract as he still has 3 years left on it and it would prove very difficult for Palace to get like for like as replacements.

COYP

andyocpfc
11-07-2017, 07:31 AM
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/transfer-rumour-christian-benteke.97594/

Everton thoughts.

karl.eldridge
11-07-2017, 07:33 AM
The only way we will be selling Benteke is if we get a 60m bid.

No way will we sell our best forward.

Scoot
11-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Owners can No Longer Spend their Money Willy-Nilly,FFP.
Their Money can only be used on the Infrastructure.

Yes Bournemouth are the rime example :wallbash::wallbash:

St.AlbansEagle
11-07-2017, 07:40 AM
The chances of us selling Benteke and leaving Wickham as our only senior striker are zero.

It would be madness for anything less than 50m, and even then only if we had two good replacements already signed on the dotted line. He virtually guarantees us safety...

eastend eagle
11-07-2017, 07:45 AM
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/transfer-rumour-christian-benteke.97594/

Everton thoughts.

Any idea why Everton refer to Liverpool as RS?

DARZET EAGLE
11-07-2017, 07:48 AM
He is far too valuable to us. Selling him would be madness, he's a guaranteed goalscorer and a beast in the air. I am looking forward to seeing what FDB can do with him to further improve his all round game.

mb23
11-07-2017, 07:49 AM
We need to be signing strikers, not selling them. Benteke is our only fit forward currently.

Wouldn't sell him for any price - we don't want to get the reputation of being a selling club.

As for Benteke himself, I doubt he wants to be moving club every summer. He appears settled here, is playing well and scoring goals.

I'll be very disappointed if we sell him, for whatever price.

Thefunkymonk
11-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Any idea why Everton refer to Liverpool as RS?

Red scum

Happy Arthur
11-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Can't see this being a good move (apart from money). Everton fans won't warm to him because he played for Liverpool and he's a budget Lukaku (no disrespect big Ben).

Catford Eagle
11-07-2017, 07:52 AM
People suggesting Arnautovic as part of the replacement for Benteke- how does that work? He doesn't like to run for a slightly misplaced pass-how is he going to fit in a high press?

Martin H
11-07-2017, 07:54 AM
The only way we will be selling Benteke is if we get a 60m bid.

No way will we sell our best forward.

Agree that 60m is the figure.

TWELLSEagle
11-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Can't stand arnautovic. Surely this is all made up BS? Benteke seems happy playing for first time in ages, can't see him wanting more upheaval and perhaps greater expectations and pressure.

DARZET EAGLE
11-07-2017, 07:55 AM
People suggesting Arnautovic as part of the replacement for Benteke- how does that work? He doesn't like to run for a slightly misplaced pass-how is he going to fit in a high press?

Nor does Benteke, but he does run for a bus unlike Arnautovic.

Nigelbrag
11-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Seems crazy to say but in this weird transfer market today even if we were offered 50m for Benteke, we have to still be cautious. Why? Firstly what would it cost us to replace a like for like striker that scored 17 goals last season for a struggling team? then assuming we can find one, would be willing to join Palace, it's a real head scratcher and who would have thought that.
If it came to the push then Llorente at say 13m along with Andre Gray at 15m would not be a bad deal, plus we are left with surplus funds to strengthen another TWO/THREE positions with decent quality players, similar to what Everton deployed so there can be benefits. Will be interesting to see if there is any substance to this story.

Thefunkymonk
11-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Seems crazy to say but in this weird transfer market today even if we were offered 50m for Benteke, we have to still be cautious. Why? Firstly what would it cost us to replace a like for like striker that scored 17 goals last season for a struggling team? then assuming we can find one, would be willing to join Palace, it's a real head scratcher and who would have thought that.
If it came to the push then Llorente at say 13m along with Andre Gray at 15m would not be a bad deal, plus we are left with surplus funds to strengthen another TWO/THREE positions with decent quality players, similar to what Everton deployed so there can be benefits. Will be interesting to see if there is any substance to this story.

This is the issue. 50-60m is only worth it it we make it worth it. It would probably allow us to buy sakho and a replacement striker.. like you say Andre gray is not a bad shout.. I think he's a cracking player.. and would probably leave enouhhbin thenpot for another signing

if we are going to sell, we need to do what Everton done.. buy the players first.. then sell him

Personally I wouldn't sell.

BillyTKid
11-07-2017, 08:07 AM

I don't think Swansea would sell llorente for 13m.

Zohar's Penalty
11-07-2017, 08:18 AM
I don't think Swansea would sell llorente for 13m.

And especially not to a team of similar standing such as us.