PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea home - 50 😮😡

King William
07-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Chelsea prices released .... don't think we had 50 tickets did we last season?

west eagle
07-07-2017, 09:13 PM
didn't think there are spaces in the Whitehorse or the gallery??

King William
07-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Good point, and if there is any space in Whitehorse "family stand" 55 for dad and lad.
Sad times

cpfc4evandeva
07-07-2017, 10:07 PM
That was what I picked up on :(

New LP
08-07-2017, 06:46 AM
Got to pay for Jonny Williams and Damian Delaney's new contracts some how.

Dorking .Eagle
08-07-2017, 06:58 AM
Good point, and if there is any space in Whitehorse "family stand" 55 for dad and lad.
Sad times

Would be 55 if you could just buy Chelsea tickets on their own, but you have to buy another game at the same time :(

Unless you're an overseas member of course

GreatGonzo
08-07-2017, 07:12 AM
It's why a bigger ground is so desperately needed.

Far East Eagle
08-07-2017, 07:19 AM
It's why a bigger ground is so desperately needed.

Prices would not go down

CPFC since 1989
08-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Disgraceful. Sorry, has to be said.

Stockport_Eagle
08-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Price of a pint x10 = price of football ticket

More or less has been the same rule of thumb for as long as I can remember.

Of course the underlying point is that everything goes up in price, not just football tickets. We can't all consider ourselves happy when the value of our house goes up so we're quids in (I know not everyone has this benefit), then moan about 50 for the Chelsea game.

CPFC since 1989
08-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Price of a pint x10 = price of football ticket

More or less has been the same rule of thumb for as long as I can remember.

Of course the underlying point is that everything goes up in price, not just football tickets. We can't all consider ourselves happy when the value of our house goes up so we're quids in (I know not everyone has this benefit), then moan about 50 for the Chelsea game.

Weatherspoons are doing 1.99 for Bud Lite. We generally do football light at home. Twenty is plenty, especially as our income now exceeds a tenth of a billion* every year.

*not rupees!

Chris K
08-07-2017, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure Bud Light counts as beer though

King William
08-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Would be 55 if you could just buy Chelsea tickets on their own, but you have to buy another game at the same time :(

Bloody hell, yes you are right.

If I ever had to give up season ticket I really can't see doing many home games...just wouldn't pay those prices

stamford triumph
08-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Expensive and yet compared to the theatre in the West end.....

aj4england
08-07-2017, 09:38 AM

True and at Palace we can shout out 'hes behind you' to Delaney about Costa

CPFC since 1989
08-07-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure Bud Light counts as beer though

I was never sure that under Pulis we could have considered that as football ;)

And our PL year under Pards..... :supergrin::supergrin:I think Bud Light makes a better imitation!

CPFC since 1989
08-07-2017, 10:02 AM

I don't recall the last time the theatre was zero degrees outside in the cold, rain seeping through the roof, treading in piss in the toilets and having shit and barf not cleared out of the toilet bowl, lol.

Add in a couple of huge pilons and 25 minutes half time taken for waiting for beer and drinking time, seems like a bargain!! :supergrin:

Yoda
08-07-2017, 10:24 AM
I'm in the Stephenson area and there aren't many tickets available. Had the same people around me for years, so very much a season ticket section.

Two friends moved in there last season and they could only get near a pair of STs at the front (so can be rained on), with a post beside them.

Single tickets might be available, dotted around.

le piddler
08-07-2017, 10:40 AM
:vader:sBloody hell, yes you are right.

If I ever had to give up season ticket I really can't see doing many home games...just wouldn't pay those prices

Come and watch Carshalton instead and you can have a pint in a Camra pub of the year :p

danpalace07
09-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Absolutely disgraceful.

whyteleafeeagle
09-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I guess if Season ticket holders are on hols for the Chelsea game then they can sell their tickets back to the club for the odd game!

racehorse-80s
09-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Just goes to show it doesn't matter how much the TV increases the board will still charge Palace fans top price for games .

RCUK
10-07-2017, 06:55 AM
And yet visitors pay 30.

Yoda
10-07-2017, 07:27 AM
And yet visitors pay 30.

As do we when we go to Chelsea, where the price difference is probably greater.

And we get a better view and facilities (and 3 points!) there, in comparison to the corner of the Arthur that we give them.

Eagle's Away
10-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Just goes to show what good value a season ticket is!

laboxers
10-07-2017, 07:46 AM
So it looks like prices have gone up maybe 2.50? An A Game in the Arthur last year was 40...and have been either very similar or the same since we were promoted.

Also, pretty sure we are still the cheapest London club?

People really will moan about anything.

Yoda
10-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Just goes to show what good value a season ticket is!

That's a sensible aim of the pricing strategy.

The regular ST holders will always get the best deal, rewarding their loyalty both in terms of commitment and expenditure. Many of us will also travel to a range of away matches etc.

It should also be remembered that this is only our Prem price range. There are likely to be cup matches when the prices will be considerably cheaper, with plenty of availability.

When I'm asked by casuals on a budget how they can attend a Palace match now, I try to steer them to the cup matches. It's a good, affordable way to introduce young kids and the families can get seats together (which is much harder for Prem matches).

marantz
10-07-2017, 09:38 AM
The most annoying thing is 3 games go on sale tomorrow so it's a fair bit of money to lay out in one hit after buying two gold memberships yesterday I buy tickets for my dad aswell so that's 6 tickets to purchase tomorrow I work 4 Saturdays on 4 off so I can't get a season ticket

racehorse-80s
10-07-2017, 10:50 AM
I won't be going but I am sure a Chelsea tourist will take my place , Never renewed my season ticket after a run of around 10 yrs , Seem's like the club isn't bothered about those fans who supported the club pre- 2010 and aren't season ticket holders ..

Kidofwonder
10-07-2017, 10:54 AM
So it looks like prices have gone up maybe 2.50? An A Game in the Arthur last year was 40...and have been either very similar or the same since we were promoted.

this.

hdeagle
10-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Buying my season ticket early means that over the season my average ticket price for a Premier League game is under 17 a game.

Surely Palace season ticket holders who renew early must have one of the best deals in the Premier League.

It has always been the case that non-season ticket holders have to pay more than a season ticket holder.

Even if you cannot attend every game it is still worth buying a season ticket if you can afford to as in many cases you may be able to sell back to the club the ticket for the game/ games that you cannot attend as many games will sell out.

Yoda
10-07-2017, 11:09 AM
The most annoying thing is 3 games go on sale tomorrow so it's a fair bit of money to lay out in one hit after buying two gold memberships yesterday I buy tickets for my dad aswell so that's 6 tickets to purchase tomorrow I work 4 Saturdays on 4 off so I can't get a season ticket

Maybe you and Racehorse 80 (who posted after you) should share a ST?

People do this discreetly...I know fans at Chelsea and Arsenal who share with a friend. Each season they agree who goes to what match, based on their work commitments, holidays, and a fair share of the most prestigious fixtures.

You're not ticket touting and the sharing is just between the two of you. Makes it more affordable, less hassle than seeking a ticket for single matches and you usually secure a better seat for a season ticket.

In all the cases I know, the guys genuinely can't make every Saturday anyway (like you can't), but this sharing means the seat is used.

racehorse-80s
10-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Maybe you and Racehorse 80 (who posted after you) should share a ST?

People do this discreetly...I know fans at Chelsea and Arsenal who share with a friend. Each season they agree who goes to what match, based on their work commitments, holidays, and a fair share of the most prestigious fixtures.

You're not ticket touting and the sharing is just between the two of you. Makes it more affordable, less hassle than seeking a ticket for single matches and you usually secure a better seat for a season ticket.

In all the cases I know, the guys genuinely can't make every Saturday anyway (like you can't), but this sharing means the seat is used.

Not out the question , Maybe next year , Out of interest did the club sell as many season tickets as usual ? The demand should be increasing year on year but it seems to be tailing off going by the amount of emails . I get about season tickets , Match tickets , Membership's and reduced price corporate boxes etc .

Big Fella
10-07-2017, 01:02 PM
I guess if Season ticket holders are on hols for the Chelsea game then they can sell their tickets back to the club for the odd game!

Tried this a couple of times and there are always "restricted view" tickets available, therefore I couldnt sell it via the club.

marantz
10-07-2017, 01:33 PM
They shouldn't make you buy a bundle of tickets all games should be the same price and no gold silver membership crap

Selhurst Celtic
10-07-2017, 03:39 PM
It should also be remembered that this is only our Prem price range. There are likely to be cup matches when the prices will be considerably cheaper, with plenty of availability.

Yeah.

If we draw Southampton away or something.

Owngoal
10-07-2017, 03:59 PM
And yet visitors pay 30.

So? It is good to be able to save some money when I go to the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Only way to watch Palace economically is a season ticket - get organised and share one

danpalace07
10-07-2017, 10:56 PM

sorry for thinking Crystal Palace charging 50 notes for a single game is beyond belief

Looking forward to the 20+ prices for the League Cup game against some provincial outfit as the club try to squeeze fans who can't go every week of as much as possible (plus the membership fee). Great stuff CPFC.

cpfc4evandeva
11-07-2017, 04:46 AM
sorry for thinking Crystal Palace charging 50 notes for a single game is beyond belief

Looking forward to the 20+ prices for the League Cup game against some provincial outfit as the club try to squeeze fans who can't go every week of as much as possible (plus the membership fee). Great stuff CPFC.

Shame on you for not bowing down to Parish. Go and support Chelsea.

laboxers
11-07-2017, 01:52 PM

Do you really expect everything to stay the same price forever? Also how many tickets are actually 50? Very few.

Like I said before, the price in the Arthur has gone up 2.50. That's what? Half a pint in todays money?

Stella Drinker
11-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Can't believe people are actually moaning....that's the going rate in the premiership.

Let's make the prices 20 and see people moan that we don't spend money on transfers.

Buy a season ticket for the best deals

CPFC since 1989
11-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Do you really expect everything to stay the same price forever? Also how many tickets are actually 50? Very few.

Like I said before, the price in the Arthur has gone up 2.50. That's what? Half a pint in todays money?

What's PL revenue gone up by recently. Was it 70m odd to about 100m? Look at the German model. No, we should be saying something. If needed the money like in the Jordan days then I could understand it, look how many didn't like it back then.

2.50 isn't a lot, but through in a 40 with it and tell me it's not. What if you want to bring a couple of kids as the next generation of fans. A oner for going to football. You're having a laugh!

CPFC since 1989
11-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Can't believe people are actually moaning....that's the going rate in the premiership.

Let's make the prices 20 and see people moan that we don't spend money on transfers.

I can usually make 10-12 games a season. Used to get a Selhurst 6 or 12 back in the day. That used to make me a member too. Nowadays....

orp pisshead1
11-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Millwank were charging 26 in division 3!

TheMexicanHorse
11-07-2017, 06:29 PM
What's PL revenue gone up by recently. Was it 70m odd to about 100m? Look at the German model. No, we should be saying something. If needed the money like in the Jordan days then I could understand it, look how many didn't like it back then.

2.50 isn't a lot, but through in a 40 with it and tell me it's not. What if you want to bring a couple of kids as the next generation of fans. A oner for going to football. You're having a laugh!

The German model?
Makes watching championship football cheap...

New LP
11-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Millwank were charging 26 in division 3!

But they don't have 100 million TV money sloshing around so I have more sympathy.

New LP
11-07-2017, 06:48 PM

I have a season ticket. But does charging 50 instead of 35 for example really make much difference to the coffers of a club for whom gate receipts are a small part of its revenue? It's like changing the loyalty points thing. The club do it because they can.

Stella Drinker
12-07-2017, 03:47 AM
I would imagine that the difference in price does make a difference to the club.

I could be wrong but that's my opinion

Vince Hilaire's Afro
12-07-2017, 05:03 AM
But they don't have 100 million TV money sloshing around so I have more sympathy.

Probably don't have quite the same wage bill either

cpfc4evandeva
12-07-2017, 08:24 AM
I would imagine that the difference in price does make a difference to the club.

Let's say 5k Palace fans pay an extra 15, that 75k per game.

It covers Wickham's weekly wage I suppose. Yay.

Oddjob
12-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Yeah cause that's exactly how it works isn't it?

Dogburger
12-07-2017, 08:57 AM
The German model?
Makes watching championship football cheap...

Hows that ? A mate pays around 10 a game to watch Herta Berlin with his season ticket. Ok the Germans have bigger capacity in general but I guess that's part of the German model

WorthingEagle
12-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Compare to transfer fees and wages, the entire revenue from gate receipts is chump change, let alone the difference between charging say 30 and 50.

By the time Mutch's contract has expired he'll have cost the club around 13m in total. If we'd not made that signing, we could have let everyone in for free for a season and still be up on the deal.

Oddjob
12-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Funny how when moaning about pricing everyone references poor financial decisions, and not the good ones, i.e. 30m on Benteke, Zaha's new contract and hiring FDB.

Oddjob
12-07-2017, 09:09 AM
or the 2m we spent on the Sakho loan...........

WorthingEagle
12-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Funny how when moaning about pricing everyone references poor financial decisions, and not the good ones, i.e. 30m on Benteke, Zaha's new contract and hiring FDB.

Good or bad, our ability to make these moves is barely impacted by a 20 rise in ticket prices. It's penny pinching.

And when the inevitable happens one day and we go down, they'll be begging us to bring friends, playing the South London card and handing out free tickets to schools again.

Of course hiring FDB is yet to be proven to be a good move ;)

Dogburger
12-07-2017, 09:18 AM
The thing is oddjob is that investors want returns on their money . Too much is syphoned off and they will charge what they can get away with not what they can operate on .

but that's the game now , take it or leave it

Polish Pete
12-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Off to see Sydney fc vs Arsenal tomorrow for pre season friendly. Tickets are 135 dollars. I got them free via a contractor . Normal sydney fc home game tickets during the competive season are 35 bucks. Wtf. Anyway attendance will prob be 800000. Cringe . Anyway if anyone is there im the the one with a 90s Palace scarf

Polish Pete
12-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Sir.S.C Remembered
18-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Of course hiring FDB is yet to be proven to be a good move ;)

Completely unproven in fact. Mental comment.

Billy Rhino
22-07-2017, 04:13 PM
And yet visitors pay 30.

This is the main issue for me now, not only do you have to pay to be a member but you also have to pay 12.50 more than away fans to sit in the same stand.

I remember having a discussion with Steve Browett on here a few years ago about reducing the price for home fans and he said the PL rules stated you can't charge home fans less than away fans in the same stand, however to charge this much more is just ridiculous.

I'm not blaming our club though as we are only trying to compete with the rest, but it proves that football is simply too expensive in this country for fans regardless of whether they are home or away fans.

cpfc4evandeva
22-07-2017, 04:23 PM

That makes absolutely no sense - if the difference between fair pricing and bending people over is 70k a game, it would take 428 home games to cover the 30mil paid to Liverpool for Benteke.

We all know that we're now simply extras in a tv show for global television, so lower priced tickets doesn't seem like an unfair request to me.

TheMexicanHorse
22-07-2017, 04:57 PM
This is the main issue for me now, not only do you have to pay to be a member but you also have to pay 12.50 more than away fans to sit in the same stand.

I remember having a discussion with Steve Browett on here a few years ago about reducing the price for home fans and he said the PL rules stated you can't charge home fans less than away fans in the same stand, however to charge this much more is just ridiculous.

I'm not blaming our club though as we are only trying to compete with the rest, but it proves that football is simply too expensive in this country for fans regardless of whether they are home or away fans.

The EPL is probably the most affordable elite sporting competition in the world.
I pay circa 500 for my season ticket and away games are a lot cheaper than the EPL minor leagues. 42 for Leeds back in 2012.
I know half our fan base never watched us in the minors, but I was paying 40 for Boro away back in 2010.

pardew's shorts
22-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Way too much on paper, but I totally understand the rationale.

Rightly or wrongly, Palace seem keen to be pretty tight on FFP and STCC, so every penny made outside of TV deals does add up, be that tickets or lucrative sponsors that people don't like (in an ideal world I wouldn't have a sponsorship deal with a bookmaker, but outside of the top six, that's where the sponsorship money is).

Palace are in the unique position in the Premier League in having to compete with ever spiralling player wages and transfer fees whilst wanting to rebuild an entire ground and find a London training base (complete with London property prices). That adds up very quickly, even with TV money and US investment. I'm not sure a lot of fans appreciate how quickly the wage bill of the playing staff racks up as they demand ever more signings.

The current size of the stadium doesn't really allow wriggle room, either (and I think we may have lost another couple of hundred seats to, rightly, accommodate fans in wheelchairs): there's no way, for instance, that Palace could have a family day with 5/10 tickets in the Premier League. What will be interesting will be to see how Palace price non-corporate individual match tickets if and when they are in a newly-done 40,000 seat stadium.

As things stand, season tickets are fantastic value I think, and Cup prices tend to be priced fairly in terms of offering affordable matches for families.

cpfc4evandeva
22-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Agree with a lot of that. Season tickets do represent good value, I just think that it's total wank to sell 50 tickets for a single match, and also paying extra for membership which is needed to purchase the tickets.

Billy Rhino
22-07-2017, 06:15 PM
The EPL is probably the most affordable elite sporting competition in the world.
I pay circa 500 for my season ticket and away games are a lot cheaper than the EPL minor leagues. 42 for Leeds back in 2012.
I know half our fan base never watched us in the minors, but I was paying 40 for Boro away back in 2010.

Unless you're talking about American sport, which has its own idiosyncrasities, I'm not sure you can back your first statement up.

However I do agree the FL is also way too expensive as well and the reason for it all is that players wages in this country are way too much. The only real way fans will get pushed up the list of priorities in football is if they stand together and say something. The twentys plenty campaign was a good example but ultimately wasn't inclusive enough of all fans.

the digger
22-07-2017, 06:45 PM

Nonsense. Au$25 for AFL and Big Bash Cricket in one of the best stadiums in the world

Repo Man
27-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Is this sold out? Trying to book Huddersfield/Chelsea and its showing excellent availability on the frony screen, but can't find a single seat in any of the blocks I've looked in (just about all of the members stand, four blocks in the Holmesdale and one in the Sainsburys.

Popester
27-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Have you tried the restricted view seats in the UH?

audreytatou
27-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Will the tickets for Arsenal Home be sold out? Will i have any hope of getting 2 tickets at normal prices??? Its my sons first home game (hopefully)...i dont care how i'm in the ground or even if I can see the pitch!! just want to be in the stadium...haven't been for 12 flippin years cos of exile:( any ideas folks/best strategies??

EddieEdwards
27-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Is this sold out? Trying to book Huddersfield/Chelsea and its showing excellent availability on the frony screen, but can't find a single seat in any of the blocks I've looked in (just about all of the members stand, four blocks in the Holmesdale and one in the Sainsburys.The availability colour key doesn't work properly for bundled games and blocks often show as green even if there are no seats available. There are seats available in the Arthur but only restricted view as far as I can see.

If you phone the box office there might be seats available that are not visible online. For bundles, the online system can only show seats as available if they are available for both games, whereas the box office might be able to allocate you different seats for the two games.

Dorking .Eagle
27-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Will the tickets for Arsenal Home be sold out? Will i have any hope of getting 2 tickets at normal prices??? Its my sons first home game (hopefully)...i dont care how i'm in the ground or even if I can see the pitch!! just want to be in the stadium...haven't been for 12 flippin years cos of exile:( any ideas folks/best strategies??

Arsenal home will be a Cat A+ game, meaning you will have to buy a Cat B match ticket at the same time for each Cat A+ ticket.

You would probably have to buy Bournemouth or Watford (midweek evening) tickets to buy the Arsenal tickets, so Bournemouth or Watford would end up being your sons first game

audreytatou
27-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Arsenal home will be a Cat A+ game, meaning you will have to buy a Cat B match ticket at the same time for each Cat A+ ticket.

You would probably have to buy Bournemouth or Watford (midweek evening) tickets to buy the Arsenal tickets, so Bournemouth or Watford would end up being your sons first game

Thanks Dorking:hi:....wont even be in the same hemisphere for them:(...oh well:confused:

oddrod
27-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Thanks Dorking:hi:....wont even be in the same hemisphere for them:(...oh well:confused:

Most A+ games go on sale on their own to members etc nearer the game once there are no more B game tickets to be sold in the pairing.

audreytatou
27-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Most A+ games go on sale on their own to members etc nearer the game once there are no more B game tickets to be sold in the pairing.

:p.....seems a bit confusing for such an old fart:confused:...that 'll learn me for leaving....no more boiled hamburgers too I guess??

Louis
27-07-2017, 10:18 PM
An expanded ground would bring more capacity, and hopefully lower prices. The fact is that we sell out the big games at these high prices. Season ticket holders still get much lower individual match prices of course.

cpfc4evandeva
27-07-2017, 10:23 PM
An expanded ground would bring more capacity, and hopefully lower prices. The fact is that we sell out the big games at these high prices. Season ticket holders still get much lower individual match prices of course.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oeSAK2k0zDaQCbqJG/giphy.gif

Ninjas Headband
28-07-2017, 06:36 AM

Are you an International Club member? If you are you should be able to buy tickets for individual games. If not, sell your B game tickets on here.

audreytatou
28-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Are you an International Club member? If you are you should be able to buy tickets for individual games. If not, sell your B game tickets on here.

Thanx NH, if I can get them i'll give the B category away to someone whos struggling especially at xmas but thanx for the heads up:hi:

Palace Bear
28-07-2017, 06:56 AM
I don't recall the last time the theatre was zero degrees outside in the cold, rain seeping through the roof, treading in piss in the toilets and having shit and barf not cleared out of the toilet bowl, lol.

Add in a couple of huge pilons and 25 minutes half time taken for waiting for beer and drinking time, seems like a bargain!! :supergrin:

Or where you sat on a plastic seat where your knees touch the seat on front, your shoulders overlap the person next to you, where there are 26,000 people watching or where often the actors look like they've never been a play in their life!!!

colin_cork
28-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Tickets on sale now for this as bundle is over.
Just got AW for 42.50

CPFC31
28-08-2017, 11:32 PM
I wont give the club a dime for as long as De Bore is in charge.

whereEaglesFly
29-08-2017, 09:41 AM

With an attitude like that I doubt you're the sort of 'fan' anybody wants at the club

Palace121
29-08-2017, 10:24 AM
With an attitude like that I doubt you're the sort of 'fan' anybody wants at the club Seconded.

Dorking .Eagle
29-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Tickets on sale now for this as bundle is over.
Just got AW for 42.50

Thanks for heads up, very useful for anyone who couldn't make the bundled games

RCUK
29-08-2017, 10:54 AM

This is getting 'boer'ing now .... change the tune, or go play elsewhere.

He is the manager and deserves a chance. 3 games he has lost, BFS lost 4 out of last 5 last season - with an established team and formation.