PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Scott Dann to China

Stinger1
07-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Crystal Palace captain Scott Dann could be England's first big name to move to China as he waits to hear what the future holds under Frank de Boer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4674126/Scott-Dann-Crystal-Palace-China.html

karl.eldridge
07-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Can't see it personally.

palace910
07-07-2017, 08:39 AM
I do love Scott Dann, but say we could get £20 million for him, just a random figure but it seems as if the Chinese transfers have been very inflated, then that fee would go along way to signing Sakho. Just a thought.

Shipp Ahoy!
07-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Dann on form is one of the top defenders in the league.

That said if it was the difference between getting day Sakho, I'd begrudgingly be ok with it.

Shipp Ahoy!
07-07-2017, 08:40 AM
I do love Scott Dann, but say we could get £20 million for him, just a random figure but it seems as if the Chinese transfers have been very inflated, then that few would go along way to signing Sakho. Just a thought.

Question is will they be paying that kind of fee anymore? They've just introduced a 100% tax on foreign player transfers... £20million fee becomes £40million!

Surely no one would lay something like that for a 30 year old Scott Dann?

Jimmy Eagle
07-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Question is will they be paying that kind of fee anymore? They've just introduced a 100% tax on foreign player transfers... £20million fee becomes £40million!

The Chinese are stupid

Thefunkymonk
07-07-2017, 08:46 AM
If we sign sakho then expect Dann to go

elgin eagle
07-07-2017, 08:49 AM
I do love Scott Dann, but say we could get £20 million for him, just a random figure but it seems as if the Chinese transfers have been very inflated, then that fee would go along way to signing Sakho. Just a thought.

If he does indeed have a top earnings defender clause as was rumoured once, then we may have to sell him if we want different defenders like Sakho. I suppose we may have to sell someone anyway to give FdB a decent transfer budget. Unlikely to get much for Mutch, Sako and Lee.

Sam Spade
07-07-2017, 08:57 AM
As a central defender Dann is better than Tomkins IMHO but Tomkins is more versatile, ( can cover at RB if required) . As a central pair I'd sooner have Dann and Sakho. Tomkins does seem to pick up small injuries that keep him out for 2-3 weeks quite regularly but has played well when in the side.

Nigelbrag
07-07-2017, 08:58 AM
The problem we have is if we play a flat Back Four, then Tomkins and Dann does NOT work as their play is far too similar, however in a Back Three of say Tomkins-Dann-Sakho would be excellent. If fully recovered from injury i would be loathe to selling Scotty as he is a superb commanding, goal scoring CB that we can ill afford to lose, but if that is to a silly offer from China then that's another issue.

Yogya
07-07-2017, 09:01 AM
The Chinese are stupid

China and Chinese maybe many things but difficult to describe them as stupid.. normally excel academically and very streetwise and astute when it comes to making money

cpfcben
07-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Dann is our best defender. He was poor last season but that was more down to injury and poor management. A strong pre-season and I expect him to be back to his best.

No way would Dann want to go to China.

gadford4th
07-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Oh yeah can really see this happening. His missus kicked up enough of a fuss about having to leave Liverpool to live in grotty old London, she's going to LOVE China.

Martin H
07-07-2017, 09:14 AM
I suspect this is a way of putting him in the shop window. I can't see him moving the family to China if London was such a traumatic move (allegedly) due to distance from Liverpool.

gold76
07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
I like the dynamic of 5

New man (Sakho?)
Tomkins
Dann (on bench)

With Kelly and Delaney more than able to step in as neccessary.

I can see there being interest in Dann, but can't see him going to China.

Good club man, be sad to see him go.

ForzaPalace
07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Tomkins is better IMO and Kelly is adequate cover. Either of them alongside Sakho is good with me. Dann is better attacking than defending let's be honest.

bigend1
07-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Dann is better than tomkins when fully fit

Kelly is not adequate cover

Dann is a very good defender that also scores goals

Otherwise I agree completely

RisZero
07-07-2017, 09:33 AM

If we sell Dann id expect to sign Sakho :D

Thin on Top
07-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Dann and Sakho would be good enough, with Tomkins as 3rd choice.

sl6 Eagle
07-07-2017, 09:45 AM

ITK or pure guess?

kark
07-07-2017, 09:53 AM
I would much rather keep Dann than Tomkins, although if selling Dann meant we could get Sakho and another (Zouma), then it's probably best that we let him go. Quality defender though

Kai
07-07-2017, 09:56 AM
This might be a situation like last summer where we sold Bolasie to get Benteke. If selling Dann at stupid money means bringing in Sakho then it is good business.

BinfieldEagle
07-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Its in the Daily Fail............

bubbs11
07-07-2017, 10:30 AM
The problem with Tomkins is that he appears to be injury prone.

sydnsteve
07-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Scott Dann and Tomkins are good CBs. MNeed to keep them both and get Sakho.

DARZET EAGLE
07-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Dann is a very good centre half, who can also score goals. He had problems last season with management upheavals, injuries, and being made captain, which seemed to effect his concentration. He is not an obvious leader in my view.

RisZero
07-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Scott Dann and Tomkins are good CBs. MNeed to keep them both and get Sakho.

This may be the impossible scenario though

gamesmeister
07-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Why are we even having this conversation, the story is utter bollocks made to get clicks in the shitrag that is the mail.

DARZET EAGLE
07-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Why are we even having this conversation, the story is utter bollocks made to get clicks in the shitrag that is the mail.

You have made your point.:D

4 cryingOutloud
07-07-2017, 03:50 PM
This could very well be true. Scott Dann is 30 now and no longer guaranteed a place in the side, plus his fee could offset the impact of Sakho's fee. Also take into account that he's also not a ball playing CB in the FDB way of progressing. If Sakho signs I'm sure Dann will be a gonna as he will not want to be a bench warmer any more. Sad but realistic.

Adlerhorst
07-07-2017, 03:53 PM
China feels like an unlikely destination. They are about to bring in a 100% tax on foreign players.

Jim Cannon
07-07-2017, 03:56 PM
I suspect this is a way of putting him in the shop window. I can't see him moving the family to China if London was such a traumatic move (allegedly) due to distance from Liverpool.

Wasn't that a grossly exaggerated story based on some comment his wife made on twitter. That then led to a rumour he was off to Everton every transfer window for a couple of years? I think he seems to have coped with London after all. Not so sure about China though, but if it was crazy money he would have to consider it

Martin H
07-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Wasn't that a grossly exaggerated story based on some comment his wife made on twitter. That then led to a rumour he was off to Everton every transfer window for a couple of years? I think he seems to have coped with London after all. Not so sure about China though, but if it was crazy money he would have to consider it

Hence the 'allegedly'. I think for anyone it's a pretty big decision.

Adlerhorst
07-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Would he? Providing he hasn't blown it all, he's already set for life with the contract he signed in 2015.

I was recently offered double my current to move to China. I spend a lot of time in china as it is and said no. Now I'm already pretty well paid, but it would have had far more of an impact on my life than it would on Scott Dann's.

andyocpfc
07-07-2017, 04:11 PM
How much is Dann worth in this market would you think, £15m?

Worst thing that ever happened to Scott, was being made captain.

brooklynlou
07-07-2017, 04:16 PM
How much is Dann worth in this market would you think, £15m?

Worst thing that ever happened to Scott, was being made captain.

Between 15-20

james powell
19-07-2017, 04:14 AM
New article in the S*N today: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4045372/scott-dann-chinese-super-league-beijing-guoan/?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSunFootball:FBLink:Statement:Spo rt

GUOAN SCOTTY Scott Dann a target for Chinese Super League side Beijing Guoan with Crystal Palace defender in line for mega pay day
Defender's departure would make Frank de Boer’s search for reinforcements in the backline even more of a priority

SCOTT DANN is the latest Premier League player to be in line for a big-money pay day from China.

The Crystal Palace ace has emerged as a target for Super League side Beijing Guoan.

Scott Dann could be set for a mega-money move to China
Dann is currently away in Hong Kong for the Premier League Asia Trophy
And if he does move, he will be facing the likes of Carlos Tevez, Paulinho and Hulk, who have all switched for massive deals.

Sources say there is every chance that defender Dann, 30, will make the move to China.
And that will make new Palace boss Frank de Boer’s search for reinforcements in the backline even more of a priority.
Tying up Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho on a permanent deal after a loan spell last season appears to be number one on the Dutchman’s hitlist.

But Dann’s departure will leave the Eagles even more threadbare at the back.
Pape Souare is getting closer to a first-team return after breaking his hip and jaw in a car accident.
The Senegalese left-back has stepped up his training and is thought to have linked up with his team-mates for a camp at St George’s Park.

However, whether he will take part in any pre-season fixtures, including the Premier League Asia Trophy, remains to be seen.
Dann missed the last few weeks of last season after picking up a knee ligament injury.
But that is not believed to have put off the Chinese side from placing him on its shopping list.

elgin eagle
19-07-2017, 04:18 AM
New article in the S*N today: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4045372/scott-dann-chinese-super-league-beijing-guoan/?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSunFootball:FBLink:Statement:Spo rt

GUOAN SCOTTY Scott Dann a target for Chinese Super League side Beijing Guoan with Crystal Palace defender in line for mega pay day
Defender's departure would make Frank de Boer’s search for reinforcements in the backline even more of a priority

SCOTT DANN is the latest Premier League player to be in line for a big-money pay day from China.

The Crystal Palace ace has emerged as a target for Super League side Beijing Guoan.

Scott Dann could be set for a mega-money move to China
Dann is currently away in Hong Kong for the Premier League Asia Trophy
And if he does move, he will be facing the likes of Carlos Tevez, Paulinho and Hulk, who have all switched for massive deals.

Sources say there is every chance that defender Dann, 30, will make the move to China.
And that will make new Palace boss Frank de Boer’s search for reinforcements in the backline even more of a priority.
Tying up Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho on a permanent deal after a loan spell last season appears to be number one on the Dutchman’s hitlist.

But Dann’s departure will leave the Eagles even more threadbare at the back.
Pape Souare is getting closer to a first-team return after breaking his hip and jaw in a car accident.
The Senegalese left-back has stepped up his training and is thought to have linked up with his team-mates for a camp at St George’s Park.

However, whether he will take part in any pre-season fixtures, including the Premier League Asia Trophy, remains to be seen.
Dann missed the last few weeks of last season after picking up a knee ligament injury.
But that is not believed to have put off the Chinese side from placing him on its shopping list.

If he does indeed have the highest paid defender clause and fancies a big last pay day, if it facilitates a move for Sakho it could be a good deal for everyone. He's been a good player for us.

PeterH
19-07-2017, 04:23 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that the window is closed in China?

TheCharmer1
19-07-2017, 04:44 AM
How much are they willing to pay ? Could be a good deal all round if the money is high enough

mroakley9
19-07-2017, 04:53 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that the window is closed in China?

I'm not sure what you've been reading, but the Chinese transfer window did indeed close a few days ago.

elgin eagle
19-07-2017, 05:00 AM
Bit of a strange article then. Probably a joke about scousers and windows somewhere but I'm too tired to think of it.

Jim Cannon
19-07-2017, 05:44 AM
Would he? Providing he hasn't blown it all, he's already set for life with the contract he signed in 2015.

I was recently offered double my current to move to China. I spend a lot of time in china as it is and said no. Now I'm already pretty well paid, but it would have had far more of an impact on my life than it would on Scott Dann's.

Yes, I think he would need to consider it personally. Given the kind of contracts they are reportedly offering why wouldn't he at least think about it?

Sick Bucket
19-07-2017, 06:23 AM
Well now it seems Jairo has signed I'd imagine Dann will at least meet the Chinese and see what they have to offer. Shame if he goes a fit in form Dann is a quality defender who also chips in with goals.

Purepalace
19-07-2017, 06:36 AM
According to the FIFA website the Chinese transfer window closed on July 14th so unless he signed for someone and the announcement isn't being made for whatever reason I can't see him going to China.

strawberry mivi
19-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Crystal Palace ace?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
19-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Crystal Palace ace?

He was an ace until he got pardewed.

Zohar's Penalty
19-07-2017, 07:52 AM
I saw on Palace TV that he likes crispy duck pancakes, so there could well be something in this. He could fill up on that shit in China. Nailed on.

GreatGonzo
19-07-2017, 08:03 AM
We shall see if he plays in 4.5 hours. If he does then he cannot go to China till the winter.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
19-07-2017, 08:07 AM
I saw on Palace TV that he likes crispy duck pancakes, so there could well be something in this. He could fill up on that shit in China. Nailed on.

Given the current standard of journalism that's probably where the story has come from.

CharlieCPFC
19-07-2017, 02:58 PM
We shouldn't even entertain the idea of Dann leaving. An experienced pro with the technical capabilities to do well under De Boer he MUST stay. He'll be the middle man of the back three.

Adlerhorst
19-07-2017, 03:05 PM

Crispy duck pancakes in China are totally different to those in the U.K. No meat involved.

Mr Palace
19-07-2017, 03:08 PM
He was very good today - after Wilf he was our best player.

Celestial Empire
19-07-2017, 03:15 PM
China and Chinese maybe many things but difficult to describe them as stupid.. normally excel academically and very streetwise and astute when it comes to making money

Your comment is as ignorant as 'Jimmy Eagle's'. What are these 'many things' that 'Chinese' are ? Why do you think it is acceptable to make stupid generalisations about 'Chinese' that you wouldn't make about anyone else ?

nicobos
19-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Dann will benefit a lot from FDB's system as one of our players who is most comfortable with the ball at his feet. Tomkins and Jairo should help the system...

SmokeyStover7
19-07-2017, 03:22 PM
He won't be going anywhere.

Nigelbrag
19-07-2017, 03:29 PM
When you consider he had been out for such a long time, he was back to his commanding best today and against strong opposition, to even think about selling him would be total madness. I would go so far as to say FDB should have his name down First when naming his defence.

Owngoal
19-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Dann needs to stay fit - last season we missed him big time and I am certain he played while unfit several times because of our lack of cover. Will be better for not being captain as well.

Pierre
19-07-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure what you've been reading, but the Chinese transfer window did indeed close a few days ago.

It did indeed opened on 19th June and closed on the 14th July. So Dann is not going to far east until the winter unless he is aware of a huge offer from Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine or Spartak Moscow!

swissroll
19-07-2017, 03:51 PM
He won't be going anywhere.

Is the transfer window in china still open? I've heard it might be closed

SmokeyStover7
19-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Dann needs to stay fit - last season we missed him big time and I am certain he played while unfit several times because of our lack of cover. Will be better for not being captain as well.

Exactly, managers knew an unfit Dann was better than a fit Kelly/Damo. Dann could easily regain his top form this year and be one of our very best players, just like he was the two years prior. He may need some speed along side him though.

orp pisshead1
19-07-2017, 05:54 PM

Rather we kept Dann who on the whole has been superb for us and we shouldn't sell to china anyway as according to the press Chelsea haven't received anything for Oscar yet :eek:. On plus side it is Chelsea ;)

4 cryingOutloud
19-07-2017, 06:00 PM
FFS...... CHINA CANNOT BUY PLAYERS UNTIL NEXT YEAR. THEIR WINDOW (19th June to 14th July) HAS ALREADY CLOSED.

Gizmo
19-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Crystal Palace captain Scott Dann could be England's first big name to move to China as he waits to hear what the future holds under Frank de Boer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4674126/Scott-Dann-Crystal-Palace-China.html

Breaking news he's already here :supergrin::supergrin:

orp pisshead1
19-07-2017, 06:09 PM
FFS...... CHINA CANNOT BUY PLAYERS UNTIL NEXT YEAR. THEIR WINDOW (19th June to 14th July) HAS ALREADY CLOSED.

' Calm down Dear' it's only transfer spec and thread did state China!.

orp pisshead1
19-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Breaking news he's already here :supergrin::supergrin:

Very good :p

4 cryingOutloud
19-07-2017, 06:24 PM
' Calm down Dear' it's only transfer spec and thread did state China!.

Sorry Sweetheart, but why do posters ignore the facts and keep repeating utter nonsense while at the same time saying that certain other things are poor journalism? Makes you wonder where their brain is located. :p:love:

Spender
19-07-2017, 06:28 PM
God help us if Dann goes . He looked our best defender today

Thefunkymonk
19-07-2017, 06:32 PM

That's because he currently is (prob on par with Tomkins)

delboy01
19-07-2017, 06:58 PM

If he does go I'm lumping on us to go down!!!!

If we do intend playing 3 CB's with wing backs it would make zero sense to sell him.

jimmy the gent
19-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Dann on form is one of the top defenders in the league

He really isn't. I like the guy but on top form he's arguably the fifth best English cb in the league. Many many better foreign players than him

Shipp Ahoy!
19-07-2017, 07:17 PM
He really isn't. I like the guy but on top form he's arguably the fifth best English cb in the league. Many many better foreign players than him

Did you watch any of the game today?

:wallbash: :shy: :S:

HRS
19-07-2017, 07:49 PM
When on form Scott Dann is immense.

BuktaBoy
19-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Scotty Dann is class. Just lacks express pace to be amongst the very top defenders for me but slip Mama alongside him and that's one problem solved...

silver
19-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Well said .

Billy Rhino
19-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Did you watch any of the game today?

:wallbash: :shy: :S:

5th best English CB in the league is hardly slating him, although it maybe shows how little choice there is these days.

A fully fit Dann is a very good CB and someone we should definitely keep but all the best ones these days are foreigners.

Dodds
19-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Love Scotty, he has to stay

Spindle
20-07-2017, 07:34 AM
Thought Dann was pretty cute at times on the ball yesterday. I'm sure it went down well with FDB.

Jon_C-Pal
20-07-2017, 08:09 AM
I like the dynamic of 5

New man (Sakho?)
Tomkins
Dann (on bench)

With Kelly and Delaney more than able to step in as neccessary.

I can see there being interest in Dann, but can't see him going to China.

Good club man, be sad to see him go.

neither Kelly or Delaney have the ability to even step up a tiny bit. Kelly is one of, if not THE, worst CB's in the league

swissroll
20-07-2017, 08:15 AM

Yes, but that doesn't stop the Chinese buying the club and all the players....

aj4england
20-07-2017, 08:28 AM
A fully fit Dann is better than Tomkins

Random*
21-07-2017, 01:21 PM

But the rumours!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/crystal-palace/transfer-talk/news/scott-dann-wanted-by-chinese-outfit_303151.html

4 cryingOutloud
21-07-2017, 06:57 PM
But the rumours!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/crystal-palace/transfer-talk/news/scott-dann-wanted-by-chinese-outfit_303151.html

And you believe them, even though it's not possible? :wallbash:

Palace Bear
21-07-2017, 07:07 PM
If you are a defender, surely it's the dream to be managed by the likes of Frank de Boer?

RisZero
21-07-2017, 07:16 PM
If you are a defender, surely it's the dream to be managed by the likes of Frank de Boer?

Im a programmer but I dont dream of getting butt-fked by Zuckerberg

Martin H
28-07-2017, 05:34 PM
On today's video - the shooting game - there is some classy play by Scott. Fair do's this guys looks like a top striker not only his shooting but his touch etc. Respect. not certain but it looked like he 'won'.

Palaceguard
28-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Im a programmer but I dont dream of getting butt-fked by Zuckerberg

Face-fked? :eek:

andyocpfc
28-07-2017, 05:51 PM
On today's video - the shooting game - there is some classy play by Scott. Fair do's this guys looks like a top striker not only his shooting but his touch etc. Respect. not certain but it looked like he 'won'.

Shooting was top drawer. Scott has scored a lot of goals for us but I can't think of one with a shot. Has he?

CP-RJW
28-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Shooting was top drawer. Scott has scored a lot of goals for us but I can't think of one with a shot. Has he?
2 tidy finishes against Bournemouth with his feet, one last season in the away match and the other the season before at selhurst.

Mr Palace
28-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Dann is quality. I think we'll see him back to his best this season. Hope so anyway.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-07-2017, 07:49 PM
He made a wonderful reverse pass that led to us scoring once. Can't remember who it was against now but he can certainly play football as well as defend. And, yes, his shooting in that video is top drawer and he definitely did win the little competition they were having.

ben1987
28-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Scott Dann is class. Like Jimmy Mac in the other thread he is being criminally underrated because he had one season where he has struggled with injuries.

Spindle
28-07-2017, 07:53 PM
More shit from the Daily Mail.

thereichstuff
28-07-2017, 08:38 PM

Was that frank pinging the ball to them ?

Martin H
28-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Was that frank pinging the ball to them ?

I thought it was the Trustful dude and Frank was nearby.

thereichstuff
28-07-2017, 08:43 PM
I thought it was the Trustful dude and Frank was nearby.

At the end it looked like him .

Martin H
28-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Don't think there is any question aver ability. It's pace that's at question and maybe concentration. It's the former that will be tough 'cos this formation needs CB to move up to stay in touch with the team meaning he can easily find himself a lot further up the pitch. But let's see what happens tomorrow.

Just had a cringe moment thinking about that situation against say Leicester and Dann vs Vardy from the halfway line :(

andyocpfc
28-07-2017, 09:33 PM
He made a wonderful reverse pass that led to us scoring once. Can't remember who it was against now but he can certainly play football as well as defend. And, yes, his shooting in that video is top drawer and he definitely did win the little competition they were having.

I remember Villa at home where I think he tackled someone at 1-1 close to the main stand side and it went to Sako where he nestled it into the corner to give us a 2-1 win. [emoji4]

jobiinthelastmi
28-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Dann had a poor season last year, as did everyone at the back.

Needs pace next to him, not Delaney.

Must keep!

exiledeagle
28-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Dann is a good player as is Tomkins . However we do lack pace at the back - but is it easy to get a good strong defender in with pace and within our budget .
If we continue with 3 at back , I have feeling FDB might play Milivojevic there ( he looked good last week ) . Concern is that Luka is not keen playing there and I would hate him to become unsettled .

Buysakho
28-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Future England captain. Don't sell.

Lombardo's hair
28-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Dann is a good player as is Tomkins . However we do lack pace at the back - but is it easy to get a good strong defender in with pace and within our budget .
If we continue with 3 at back , I have feeling FDB might play Milivojevic there ( he looked good last week ) . Concern is that Luka is not keen playing there and I would hate him to become unsettled .

I think it more likely he'd be unsettled if he wasn't playing than playing cb

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-07-2017, 11:04 PM
I remember Villa at home where I think he tackled someone at 1-1 close to the main stand side and it went to Sako where he nestled it into the corner to give us a 2-1 win. [emoji4]

That may well be the one I was thinking of :p

jimmy the gent
29-07-2017, 04:33 AM
Future England captain. Don't sell.

Lol, come on.