PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Adrian

Pages : [1] 2 3

Liam_Palace
13-07-2017, 03:10 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4693436/amp/West-Ham-close-signing-Joe-Hart-loan.html

Near the bottom of the article..

A spin-off of West Ham's move for Hart is that Adrian, the Spaniard who had been No 1, is surplus to requirements and he is wanted by Crystal Palace. As yet, though, Palace have not made an offer for Adrian, who would be keen to work with Frank De Boer.

trufan
13-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Oh no. Aaaadriiian.

Just when we'd got rid of Steeeeeve. :(

maestro
13-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Not very good imo

in-exile
13-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Shit last year but great before that....which one would we get?

Kidofwonder
13-07-2017, 03:14 PM
better than Hennessy but should be looking for better as number 1

carter
Good business by West Ham. Bringing in Hart who isn't great but good for clubs our size and then getting rid of Adrian. If true

West Dorset Exi
No

Herb
13-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Nyet

Jim Cannon
Smacks of lazy journalism. We were allegedly interested when Allardyce was manager due to his West Ham connections, not sure he would be on FDB's radar particularly

orp pisshead1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4693436/amp/West-Ham-close-signing-Joe-Hart-loan.html

Near the bottom of the article..

A spin-off of West Ham's move for Hart is that Adrian, the Spaniard who had been No 1, is surplus to requirements and he is wanted by Crystal Palace. As yet, though, Palace have not made an offer for Adrian, who would be keen to work with Frank De Boer.

Shit we're in for a rocky season if true.

Pinkie Brown
13-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Being better than Hennessey isn't a reason to buy him as this goes for about 91 other teams keepers.

Jim Cannon
13-07-2017, 03:17 PM

By the same token West Ham will be wondering which Joe Hart they are getting

henryhallandhisbasque
13-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Would rather Hadrian. Better organising a good wall.

CharlieCPFC
13-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Not the worst keeper in the world, key thing being is it's cheap and he's been reasonably solid for West Ham in a window where we have a lot to do. Came across well with the incident with the ball boy last season too. If there's not much money to spend this is a good option. Although Skurupski at Roma would be our best option.

bubbs11
13-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Oh no. Aaaadriiian.

:D

Ardent Eagle Forever
13-07-2017, 03:24 PM

We'd be buggered if we play a Scottish team then:p

ForzaPalace
13-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Upgrade on Hennessey so it's a yes from me.

karl.eldridge
13-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Upgrade on Hennessey so it's a yes from me.

Not hard to be an upgrade......

Still this guy is a complete cockwomble, so it's a yes from me.

SA Eagle
13-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Being better than Hennessey isn't a reason to buy him as this goes for about 91 other teams keepers.

And that's only in Britain

elgin eagle
13-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Nyet

otva`li

bourne man
13-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Journo's
2+2 always

Malarkey
13-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Oh no. Aaaadriiian.

Yep. How about we just sign someone without a name, or with an unpronounceable name like ̶A̶k̶e̶.

cpfc4evandeva
13-07-2017, 04:05 PM
He's not really good, is he? Better than Hennessey but I think Stevie Wonder probably is too.

in-exile
13-07-2017, 04:25 PM
He's not really good, is he? Better than Hennessey but I think Stevie Wonder probably is too.But Wayne and Julian kept Steveeeeeevie wonder (why were paying 55K per week) out of the team.

trufan
13-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Yep. How about we just sign someone without a name

We tried that. Neil Sullivan on emergency loan against QPR in the Nineties. As discussed on another recent thread, no one knew who he was and the club never announced it. Worked a treat - he was brilliant and got loads of songs along the lines of "Wossisname for England." I'd settle for a repeat of that! :D

Chris K
13-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Trying to remember if it's him that's annoyed the hell out of me the last few seasons at Selhurst, if so then yes please

in-exile
13-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Trying to remember if it's him that's annoyed the hell out of me the last few seasons at Selhurst, if so then yes please Exactly when he's good he is very good... Wasn't it him the ball boy took the piss out of? :D

silver
13-07-2017, 06:04 PM

:supergrin:

bubbs11
13-07-2017, 06:22 PM
We tried that. Neil Sullivan on emergency loan against QPR in the Nineties. As discussed on another recent thread, no one knew who he was and the club never announced it. Worked a treat - he was brilliant and got loads of songs along the lines of "Wossisname for England." I'd settle for a repeat of that! :D

A group of lads behind me were in deep bemused discussion over who he was, when suddenly one of them made his way to the front and being Loftus Road, you're basically pitch side, and asked Sullivan outright, 'Excuse me, who are you?'. Thought Sullivan would give it the biggun and just ignore him, but to his credit turned around and told the bloke his full name. The bloke then made his way back to his mates telling others on his way back. It was a highly comical moment for a top flight match.

TWELLSEagle
13-07-2017, 06:24 PM
I miss Nigel Martyn. Maybe one day we will again have a top class keeper that stays at around.

Stinger1
13-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Can't believe the ums and rrrrrs on here about Adrian on a free. Proven to be a very good Premier League goalkeeper. Like all players he has had dips in form. Having had a quick look on Squawka, he was ranked the 9th best goalkeeper in the league statistically for the 2015/2016 season. Conversely, Julian Speroni was ranked our top GK at 35 followed by McCarthy at 36 and Hennessey at 39 out of a total of 47. Not saying that the ranking is super accurate but it gives some indication as to the quality of players.

McpfcS
13-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Another useless goalkeeper - terrible for WHU for most of last season.

eagleborn
13-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Another useless goalkeeper - terrible for WHU for most of last season.

Who are we going to get then?

People are saying no to Hart, no TO Adrian, some have said no to cillessen. It seems unless we sign Neuer we won't satisfy some people.

I think he's an upgrade. That's decent enough for me

cpfcfan1
13-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Who are we going to get then?

People are saying no to Hart, no TO Adrian, some have said no to cillessen. It seems unless we sign Neuer we won't satisfy some people.

I think he's an upgrade. That's decent enough for me

Yeh but Neuer is shit [emoji16]

I'd be happy with Adrian though

Oli28
13-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I miss Nigel Martyn. Maybe one day we will again have a top class keeper that stays at around.
Yup, we've not had any decent, loyal keepers in recent years :)

Kai
13-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Better than Hennessey but I'd much rather go for Cillesen

cpfc4evandeva
13-07-2017, 07:25 PM
But Wayne and Julian kept Steveeeeeevie wonder (why were paying 55K per week) out of the team.

What does that have to do with Adrian?

Thefunkymonk
13-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Better than Hennessey but I'd much rather go for Cillesen

This.

Adrian is very inconsistent although better then Hennessey

in-exile
13-07-2017, 07:31 PM
This.

Adrian is very inconsistent although better then HennesseyWhat about the week when Wayne's good but Adrian is poor...that you post about above ... wouldn't that prove your last bit not necessarily true.
What percentages of good or bad have each player provided for each team in the last few Seasons?
Can you provide a percentage pie chart with flowcharts looking pretty down each side? ;)

in-exile
13-07-2017, 07:33 PM
What does that have to do with Adrian? it was wit .... Sorry! :( And What has Stevie Wonder got to do with goalkeeping....

Thefunkymonk
13-07-2017, 07:39 PM
What about the week when Wayne's good but Adrian is poor...that you post about above ... wouldn't that prove your last bit not necessarily true.
What percentages of good or bad have each player provided for each team in the last few Seasons?
Can you provide a percentage pie chart with flowcharts looking pretty down each side? ;)

You've baffled me. Adrian's inconsistency betters Hennessey full stop.. if that helps.

But I'll take cillessen instead please

in-exile
13-07-2017, 07:42 PM
You've baffled me. Adrian's inconsistency betters Hennessey full stop.. if that helps.

But I'll take cillessen instead please:D messing!

Thefunkymonk
13-07-2017, 07:44 PM
:D messing!

Haha I guessed

nicobos
13-07-2017, 07:53 PM
it was wit .... Sorry! :( And What has Stevie Wonder got to do with goalkeeping....

When a striker goes for a master blaster and believes his strike is signed, sealed, delivered...the goalkeeper needs Faith and belief he is on Higher Ground so with his outstretched Fingertips the ball goes over. Too High.

Goalies need Superstitons!

Ok, I'll get me coat...

Cpfcbob
13-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Don't like adrian, way too cocky. Much much rather we go for Jasper

New LP
13-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Would rather go for Darren Randolph if we are after a West Ham keeper.

elgin eagle
13-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Don't like adrian, way too cocky. Much much rather we go for Jasper

Seconded. Normally love a freebie too. Why are west ham not offering him a deal?

DARZET EAGLE
13-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Not the worst keeper in the world, key thing being is it's cheap and he's been reasonably solid for West Ham in a window where we have a lot to do. Came across well with the incident with the ball boy last season too. If there's not much money to spend this is a good option. Although Skurupski at Roma would be our best option.

With a name like that he would be worth a punt.:rolleyes:

eaglebhoy
13-07-2017, 09:19 PM
No

Bryan
13-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Isn't Adrian a bit of a girls name?

Eagle El
13-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Isn't Adrian a bit of a girls name?

Adrienne is what you are looking for geezer

Hitchin Eagle
13-07-2017, 11:07 PM
When Adrian get surname?

4 cryingOutloud
13-07-2017, 11:17 PM
When Adrian get surname?

Feck me, is this Indian talk a disease that's going around the boards, or just a very poor attempt at humour?

FYI, His full name is Adrian San Miguel. Cheers.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/13/report-as-west-ham-prepare-to-sign-joe-hart-adrian-could-join-cr/

Sir.S.C Remembered
13-07-2017, 11:48 PM

Sam talks very very highly of him in his book.

dufski13
14-07-2017, 12:58 AM

No it doesn't. Hennessey may not be perfect, but that bollox is utterly tedious

sky dancer
14-07-2017, 03:50 AM
Key issue is what was behind his poor form last season.

TheCharmer1
14-07-2017, 06:19 AM
I think we can do better than Adrian. If Sam was in charge, I d understand the link, under KDB, I'm not convinced there is one.

Ralph
14-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Don't like adrian, way too cocky.

In what way?

Nigel_Scarfer
14-07-2017, 06:32 AM
And that's only in Britain

Actually, that's only in the Croydon and District Sunday Municipal League.

Nostrils
14-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Feck me, is this Indian talk a disease that's going around the boards, or just a very poor attempt at humour?

Thanks for that Nina Myskow.

Chris K
14-07-2017, 07:07 AM
Exactly when he's good he is very good... Wasn't it him the ball boy took the piss out of? :D

Yes that was it, each goal kick took about 15 minutes.

Cpfcbob
14-07-2017, 07:17 AM
In what way?

Watch him and you'll see. But thinking about it, I'd take anyone over Hennessey

Nigelbrag
14-07-2017, 09:44 AM
It's a tricky one to call, he can look outstanding in a game and then in the next very average. If we are looking at moving to the next level in replacing WH, having missed out on Begovic, then we should be looking at Cllissen a very good keeper who crucially FdB rates highly. But at the end of the day it depends on what ambition the Board shows in supporting the managers decisions.

Pinkie Brown
14-07-2017, 09:55 AM
No it doesn't. Hennessey may not be perfect, but that bollox is utterly tedious

Obviously 91 is an exaggeration but apart from the promoted teams name me a worse Premiership keeper...

gold76
14-07-2017, 09:59 AM
i think both Randolph and Adrian are fair keepers, but both inconsistent, hence West Ham looking to upgrade.

But then I find Hennessey an ok keeper, innofensive, I don't get the rabid hatred of him, for me a fair number 2, hence us looking to upgrade!

FourtyTwo
14-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Given we have Speroni and Hennessey, we should be looking for a clear first choice keeper, and Adrian doesn't seem to be that much better than what we have already got.

Simonro
14-07-2017, 03:08 PM
No no no no no no no no no no. PLEASE no no no no.

4 cryingOutloud
14-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Martyn Margetson was WHU's goalkeeping coach when Adrian had his best season there. He also coached Hennessey last season to his best season ever, even if some on here think it's still short of the mark. Margetson will IMO turn any good keeper into a great one.

Nostrils
14-07-2017, 07:29 PM
No no no no no no no no no no. PLEASE no no no no.

You haven't quite got the lyrics right there mate, but glad you're sticking with the Dutch theme.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/256x256/p01bwbx7.jpg

Dedders
14-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Martyn Margetson was WHU's goalkeeping coach when Adrian had his best season there. He also coached Hennessey last season to his best season ever, even if some on here think it's still short of the mark. Margetson will IMO turn any good keeper into a great one.

Let's sign a one eyed man with no arms- and get Martyn Margetson to coach him

Arbroath Eagle
14-07-2017, 10:05 PM
I would rather have Perry Suckling than either Hennessey or Adrian. And wow, how bad was he?

Super Mabbutt
14-07-2017, 10:13 PM
I would rather have Perry Suckling than either Hennessey or Adrian. And wow, how bad was he?

Not that bad. Will always be remembered for that night at Anfield but was more than capable in the promotion season.

Made a massively huge save in the play off final.

Arbroath Eagle
14-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Not that bad. Will always be remembered for that night at Anfield but was more than capable in the promotion season.

Made a massively huge save in the play off final.

I am not disputing his promotion season, but, even before that night at Anfield, I was worried every time there was a shot on target. And then we got Nigel Martyn.

theCoach
15-07-2017, 08:42 AM
I don't think we should be concerned just yet with whom we are linked.We are a keeper short so fully expect that 'approaches' have been made to 30 or 40 keepers about their availability.
This one has come to the fore because he is immediately available as West ham are looking to and have plans to replace.
If we do go for Clissens then Barca have to get their replacement in place which may take time.If the dominos don't all fall into line on that one then we will have Adrian and bloody well hope others in reserve to nab.
That said I fully expect Frank to get all his parts of the jigsaw in place well before the close of the window so no dramatic purchases last minutes....... outgoings maybe

Nigelbrag
15-07-2017, 09:12 AM
I don't think we should be concerned just yet with whom we are linked.We are a keeper short so fully expect that 'approaches' have been made to 30 or 40 keepers about their availability.
This one has come to the fore because he is immediately available as West ham are looking to and have plans to replace.
If we do go for Clissens then Barca have to get their replacement in place which may take time.If the dominos don't all fall into line on that one then we will have Adrian and bloody well hope others in reserve to nab.
That said I fully expect Frank to get all his parts of the jigsaw in place well before the close of the window so no dramatic purchases last minutes....... outgoings maybe

Good sensible comments and reasoning, as usual.
Without doubt FdB is aware of the need for a new First choice keeper or would have been, and as you rightly say it will take time to get the man he really wants even if that takes right up to the end of the window. And in all fairness for all the stick he gets, WH does need replacing immediately as in reality is not exactly a disaster that needs replacing yesterday, patience is needed so as to get in the right man.

in-exile
15-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I would rather have Perry Suckling than either Hennessey or Adrian. And wow, how bad was he? Taking shit.... Perry was great at penalty saves and was a good keeper.... He seemed to carry all the blame for the 9-0 unfairly as the whole team was naive at that level at that point in the season.... Of course Nigel Martyn was a class above but don't become a Millwall fan with the one man scored a goal Shit!!!

jobiinthelastmi
15-07-2017, 12:54 PM

If that was his best season ever he's in serious trouble

averity
15-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Big no from me

Kirby
16-07-2017, 06:21 AM
We can do better.

AJ's right boot
16-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Joe Hart is going to Westham. Could this mean Adrian is on the way out?.........

cpfcfan1
16-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Joe hart not good enough but we're linked to a West Ham reject hm

Thefunkymonk
16-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Joe hart not good enough but we're linked to a West Ham reject hm

I don't particularly want Adrian but he's free I believe.. and a slight upgrade on Hennessy..

Hart is a slight upgrade on Hennessey and would cost 25m.

Let's hope we get cillissen

theCoach
16-07-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't particularly want Adrian but he's free I believe.. and a slight upgrade on Hennessy..

Yes let's hope we get cillissen but (unlike you) plain wrong that Adrian is better than wayne

Thefunkymonk
16-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Yes let's hope we get cillissen but (unlike you) plain wrong that Adrian is better than wayne

Ever so marginal imo coach.. but not much in it.

Mr Palace
16-07-2017, 06:42 PM
I'd be massively disappointed if we sign Adrian - surely we will aim for better than him? I imagine we are.

Ralph
16-07-2017, 06:55 PM
I'd be massively disappointed if we sign Adrian - surely we will aim for better than him? I imagine we are.

Why?

Runner up in West Hams player of the season just a couple of years back? A good age too for a keeper?

Mr Palace
16-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Why?

Runner up in West Hams player of the season just a couple of years back? A good age too for a keeper?

He's never impressed me when I've seen him and he was No 2 to Randolph last season who's not exactly one of the best keepers in the league. He's ok I guess but I'm hoping we have someone better in mind.

Joe.L
16-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Always played well against us from what I recall but can't comment any more than that. Although to put that in perspective I generally do my best to avoid watching West Ham as much as possible so have only seen him a handful of times.

AJ's right boot
16-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Id take him if theres no viable alternative. Going from having the worst keeper in the league, to a distincly average keeper is an upgrade.

RPizzey
17-07-2017, 01:52 PM
No better than flappy wayne

Mad Max
17-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Wet sham supporting mate (yeah I know) said every time they took a battering it always seemed to be him in goal and he had fragile confidence.

Heath eagle
17-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Must admit I'm getting a tad concerned about this position, not many rumours flying about

New LP
17-07-2017, 08:45 PM

Hart is an infinitely better keeper than Hennessey.

Thefunkymonk
17-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Hart is an infinitely better keeper than Hennessey.

He ain't. He is as dodgy as they come. Overrated beyond belief.

All irrelevant anyway.. he is going to spammers thankfully

Worksop Palace
17-07-2017, 09:19 PM
He ain't. He is as dodgy as they come. Overrated beyond belief.

All irrelevant anyway.. he is going to spammers thankfully

He's dodgy and overrated yes

But he's still a class above WH

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
18-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Must admit I'm getting a tad concerned about this position, not many rumours flying about

The striker position worries me even more. One injury to Bnteke and would be completely done for as things stand. Hopefully Wickham isn't too far off but his injury can take a long time to fully recover from even when he is able to play again.

dufski13
18-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Obviously 91 is an exaggeration but apart from the promoted teams name me a worse Premiership keeper...

Imo prolly Adrian

cpfcfan1
18-07-2017, 03:05 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-crystal-palace-adrian-move-10822943

Heath eagle
18-07-2017, 03:11 PM
The striker position worries me even more. One injury to Bnteke and would be completely done for as things stand. Hopefully Wickham isn't too far off but his injury can take a long time to fully recover from even when he is able to play again.

Agreed, both are getting mega important

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
20-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I am starting to come around to this idea.

RisZero
20-07-2017, 10:05 PM
I am starting to come around to this idea.

Is that just the desperation talking?

The Drive Man
21-07-2017, 06:42 AM
We missed the boat on Begovic.

Ron Dogers
21-07-2017, 06:50 AM

Calm down we have swiftly acted as usual and signed 2 great CBs!:(

TheCharmer1
21-07-2017, 07:09 AM

have we?

mylona
21-07-2017, 07:18 AM

Is this a touch of sarcasm rather than truth?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Is that just the desperation talking?
Possibly. But I just think he is a decent keeper and he presumably wouldn't be too expensive either. We need to fill a number of gaps in the squad and have limited funds. And yes, there aren't many obvious alternatives we sound likely to get at the moment.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Confused. Was that a joke?

Alexc26
21-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Adrian is supposedly following Souare on Twitter recently, so obviously he'll be in a few days right ?

Payney
21-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Would be a good signing, Decent keeper.

Makes sense for him to move on now Hart is at Wet sham.

Terrace Bickle
21-07-2017, 10:11 AM
I've always thought he was decent. Though I don't remember mush of him last season.

jaspercpfc
21-07-2017, 10:16 AM

10m was a steal IMO

Thefunkymonk
21-07-2017, 10:19 AM
10m was a steal IMO

He ain't played for 3 seasons. And on 100k a weeks. Don't think we missed out at all.

mb23
21-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Adrian is supposedly following Souare on Twitter recently, so obviously he'll be in a few days right ?

Yep, like when Zouma followed Wilf and Sako.

Mr Palace
21-07-2017, 10:43 AM
He ain't played for 3 seasons. And on 100k a weeks. Don't think we missed out at all.

Isn't that because he was competing with one of the world's best keepers in Courtois?

He would have been an excellent signing for us.

Thefunkymonk
21-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Isn't that because he was competing with one of the world's best keepers in Courtois?

Not disputing that. But he will hardly played a competitive game for 3/4 seasons

RisZero
21-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Relevant?

Sky Sports News‏ Verified account @SkySportsNews 32 seconds ago

BREAKING: Middlesbrough have agreed a deal with @WestHamUtd to sign goalkeeper Darren Randolph, subject to a medical and personal terms.

cpfcfan1
21-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Doubt he'll leave now then, be their second choice

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Relevant?
Quite possibly, yes.

Purepalace
23-07-2017, 03:20 PM
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/895017198?-:

BuktaBoy
24-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Why are we looking at a cheap Wham reject?! It's a false economy to always think you can get a bargain. He was dropped last season coz he was poor hence Hart's arrival. It's not rocket science, you make good investments like Bentke & Luka - they pay off. Keeper is such an important position I find it frustrating we have not identified a proper long term replacement for Jules. I'm convinced we only plumped for Mandanda because it was a tempting package for us and look how that worked out ��

BuktaBoy
24-07-2017, 04:53 AM
Why are we looking at a cheap Wham reject?! It's a false economy to always think you can get a bargain. He was dropped last season coz he was poor hence Hart's arrival. It's not rocket science, you make good investments like Bentke & Luka - they pay off. Keeper is such an important position I find it frustrating we have not identified a proper long term replacement for Jules. I'm convinced we only plumped for Mandanda because it was a tempting package for us and look how that worked out 🙄

Bones14
24-07-2017, 05:32 AM

Time will tell on that one.
As stated previously, he's barely played in 3 yrs, and add that to the reported wage its a bit of an unknown.
Quality keeper a few years back though.

CPFCalifornia
24-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Let's sign the Jamaica goalkeeper. Some amazing saves vs Mexico tonight.

https://youtu.be/Xs7TCzdnUJQ

Jim Cannon
24-07-2017, 06:11 AM

He was never in competition with him though was he. Courtois was always number one if fit. Sorry but Begovic has known for at least 2 seasons he wasn't going to play.

dodger9
24-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Hello there, a Hammer here.

Posted here before when Tomkins joined you.

In terms of Adrian, he would be a good signing and personally I'd be pissed off to see him go. I'm not convinced Hart is better than him, and Hart we've only got on loan whereas Adrian recently signed a long term contract.

If he does join you, here's what to expect: He's a great shot-stopper, and is especially good at saving penalties. I'd estimate he's saved about 30-40% of the ones he has faced in goal for us. He is very passionate and vocal, so the fans tend to take to him. He also has a very good attitude, and kept his head down when dropped once and then took his chance when re-introduced to the team. He is confident in himself and seems popular with teammates. He also was recently called up to the Spain squad, and given the quality of keeper they have that says a lot.

He does have the occasional error in him, usually due to being too rash. This may mean he comes out of goal unnecessarily or that he keeps the ball for too long at his feet due to overconfidence.

Overall, I'd be gutted to lose him and it would represent short-sightedness from our board as we'd likely be looking to get a keeper just like him next summer anyway.

Just thought I'd post that to let you know he definitely isn't one of our 'rejects'...

thereichstuff
24-07-2017, 06:23 AM
Thanks . That all seems a pretty fair assessment .

cpfcben
24-07-2017, 06:35 AM
A west reject. I will pass thanks.

TWELLSEagle
24-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Taking the hammer's verdict at face value, I'm in favour.

swhib
24-07-2017, 06:54 AM
I've always liked him, would be a good signing imo

SteveyHawking
24-07-2017, 06:54 AM
He's miles better than Hennessey.

Se9 eagles
24-07-2017, 06:57 AM
He's miles better than Hennessey.

That's not saying much.....

BillyTKid
24-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Before last season he was highly thought of. Was often used as an example of a bargain transfer for West Ham. Apparently he had three bad games in a row last season and was then dropped.

gamesmeister
24-07-2017, 07:46 AM

In terms of Adrian, he would be a good signing and personally I'd be pissed off to see him go. I'm not convinced Hart is better than him, and Hart we've only got on loan whereas Adrian recently signed a long term contract.

If he does join you, here's what to expect: He's a great shot-stopper, and is especially good at saving penalties. I'd estimate he's saved about 30-40% of the ones he has faced in goal for us. He is very passionate and vocal, so the fans tend to take to him. He also has a very good attitude, and kept his head down when dropped once and then took his chance when re-introduced to the team. He is confident in himself and seems popular with teammates. He also was recently called up to the Spain squad, and given the quality of keeper they have that says a lot.

He does have the occasional error in him, usually due to being too rash. This may mean he comes out of goal unnecessarily or that he keeps the ball for too long at his feet due to overconfidence.

Overall, I'd be gutted to lose him and it would represent short-sightedness from our board as we'd likely be looking to get a keeper just like him next summer anyway.

Just thought I'd post that to let you know he definitely isn't one of our 'rejects'...

Thanks, appreciate the update :p

gold76
24-07-2017, 07:55 AM
With Randolph leaving, as his been said, I think the Hammers would be reticent to let him leave.

bubbs11
24-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Cheers dodger9 - that'll do for me.

Get him in!

bubbs11
24-07-2017, 07:59 AM
With Randolph leaving, as his been said, I think the Hammers would be reticent to let him leave.

Maybe we could swap our Welsh international keeper with them - good back up :). After all, Jules is more than adequate as a back up for us.

Skiddo
24-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Everything that Hennessy isn't.

Get him in sharpish.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Why are we looking at a cheap Wham reject?! It's a false economy to always think you can get a bargain. He was dropped last season coz he was poor hence Hart's arrival. It's not rocket science, you make good investments like Bentke & Luka - they pay off. Keeper is such an important position I find it frustrating we have not identified a proper long term replacement for Jules. I'm convinced we only plumped for Mandanda because it was a tempting package for us and look how that worked out ��
We probably can't continually spend 10-30m on every position though. In the last 12 months we have done it on Townsend, Tomkins, Benteke, Schlupp, PVA and Luka. Riedewald is going to cost close to 10m, the likes of Chambers/ BMI would be big fees too. If we can afford more on a better, more expensive keeper who wants to join us then great. But if we can't then Adrian may be a sensible move if we can get him for a reasonable fee.

Sydenham Eagle
24-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Missed out big time when Begovic went to Bournemouth - top quality at a reasonable price. Great signing for them

Nigelbrag
24-07-2017, 10:08 AM
To be honest which keeper is out there that we have actually Seen perform to form a proper judgement that is a big improvement on Hennessey, that we could attract.
Yes Cillissen would be one, but has said wants to stay put, Pepe Raina is another, but could we attract him? these are keepers who would be an upgrade in my opinion, Ryan who signed for Brighton would have been interesting but still an unknown at this level, but we certainly missed the boat with Begovic a real shame.
So we have to leave it to FdB and his knowledge in the the Dutch market and keepers who's ability HE will be aware of, i certainly have no idea.
So that comes down to Adrian, firstly are we really interested or just paper speculation? my opinion on him is, a decent competent keeper who probably fits the bill for a club of Palace's standing with its limited budget, and that is the reality.
Is he much/any better or an upgrade on Hennessey is debatable, possibly slightly better hence why i keep an open mind, he reminds me of having similar quality to Robles at Everton, excellent on occasions but average on others. If i was to make a realistic choice of a premiership keeper that we could attract then he would be Fabianski, a good solid proven keeper that would give me confidence.

Maidstone Eagle
24-07-2017, 06:03 PM

Thanks for your comments.

Helps to get a balanced view.

Must be pretty good to get near the Spain Squad.

Fans can have different opinions and that's good - personally I think he's a pretty decent keeper, not a world beater but pretty good.

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Lot of West Ham sites etc claiming he is in talks with us

Nostrils
Wasn't too keen on this one at first, but I've had a change of heart. A few dodgy games doesn't make a bad keeper. If we still have that Martyn Margetson fella, I think he could get the best out of him.

cpfcfan1
Lot of West Ham sites etc claiming he is in talks with us

Think he would be good for us, personally

An upgrade on Hennessy

TheCharmer1
24-07-2017, 06:18 PM
How much do they want for him? He's definitely off

orp pisshead1
24-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your comments.

Helps to get a balanced view.

Must be pretty good to get near the Spain Squad.

Fans can have different opinions and that's good - personally I think he's a pretty decent keeper, not a world beater but pretty good.

And at end of day that's an upgrade on our current number one.

orp pisshead1
24-07-2017, 06:43 PM

Cheers for that :p, loved his tweet in reply to golds tweet :)

alexcpfc
24-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Sign him up. Proven upgrade for Hennessy.

hedge end eagle
24-07-2017, 06:55 PM
How much do they want for him? He's definitely off

Their forum seems to suggest 10mill

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 06:56 PM
I have been told this one will happen. Can't really vouch for the reliability of the source (West Ham, not Palace).

hedge end eagle
24-07-2017, 07:00 PM
I have been told this one will happen. Can't really vouch for the reliability of the source (West Ham, not Palace).

Did he say cheaper than 10mill? :p

Also already worked with margetson, so his input would be vital

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Did he say cheaper than 10mill? :p

She, but I would imagine that figure is chock full of add-ons. I reckon it will be something like an initial 6M.

Bryan
24-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Their forum seems to suggest 10mill

Be very happy with this. I don't think we need Dino Zoff just a goalie who will save a few more points than Heno bless him

hedge end eagle
24-07-2017, 07:06 PM
She, but I would imagine that figure is chock full of add-ons. I reckon it will be something like an initial 6M.

Whoops sorry, think that would be a good deal followed by another centre half and a striker :)

RisZero
24-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Not the most exciting solution but could and evidently have done worse in the past, so if the fee is right bring him on

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 07:08 PM
I am a long way from being an ITK, just one of those random connections.

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Not the most exciting solution but could and evidently have done worse in the past, so if the fee is right bring him on

Possibly, but who else would you suggest?

El Aguila
24-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Isn't he out of contract?

917L
24-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Would be happy with this, a decent upgrade on Hennessey and Speroni

RisZero
24-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Possibly, but who else would you suggest?

Are you implying you cant think of a single keeper that would be more exciting than Adrian? :p

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Are you implying you cant think of a single keeper that would be more exciting than Adrian? :p

Who is available? The point made about being out of contract is interesting. Anyone know? May have to shoot my source. :)

hedge end eagle
24-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Who is available? The point made about being out of contract is interesting. Anyone know? May have to shoot my source. :)

I am pretty sure he signed a new contract before they signed Hart

orp pisshead1
24-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Signed a two year extension in may. He's 30 so good age for a keeper.

RisZero
24-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Who is available?

Made no stipulation into availability :D

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 07:26 PM
I am pretty sure he signed a new contract before they signed Hart

To ensure a fee I should imagine. Maybe that is why Delaney got an extension? ;), or possibly as cover for cup competitions, to protect PL first teamers from 2nd Div cloggers?

bubbs11
24-07-2017, 07:27 PM
His middle name is San Miguel.

How much of a pisshead must your dad be to do that? :)

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Made no stipulation into availability :D

I'll have a 28 year old Gordon Banks then :D.

SmokeyStover7
24-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Would be great. Rated by West Hams fans as a keeper and as a professional.

AJ's right boot
24-07-2017, 08:23 PM
If anyone has Twitter, search Adrian Palace and see the reaction from Westham fans to this rumour. It's made me feel a lot better for sure .

cpfcfan1
24-07-2017, 08:25 PM
If anyone has Twitter, search Adrian Palace and see the reaction from Westham fans to this rumour. It's made me feel a lot better for sure .

Bloody hell they are devastated!

Hope we get him now.

El Aguila
24-07-2017, 08:28 PM

I'm sure we'd be the same if there were rumours Wayne was on his way to West Ham.

Max_Power
24-07-2017, 08:28 PM

Good shout - I feel good about this now as well!

Stellavista
24-07-2017, 08:30 PM
I'm sure we'd be the same if there were rumours Wayne was on his way to West Ham.

:)

Owngoal
24-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Adrian on his day is an excellent keeper but also has poor runs. If we get him and Jules is part of the 25 I'm sure there will be calls for him to be dropped. No real mention of a fee but that might be the reason we go for him rather than someone else - Steve loves a bargain

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Adrian on his day is an excellent keeper but also has poor runs. If we get him and Jules is part of the 25 I'm sure there will be calls for him to be dropped. No real mention of a fee but that might be the reason we go for him rather than someone else - Steve loves a bargain

10m is the rumour coming from the spammers

JAS78
24-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Was signed by west ham under Allardyce so maybe the wheels were already in motion for this before he resigned

Makes the occasional error in judgement but overall a good keeper, there aren't many modern day keepers that you feel are infallible. Would be definite upgrade on Hennessey.

McpfcS
24-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Was signed by west ham under Allardyce so maybe the wheels were already in motion for this before he resigned

Makes the occasional error in judgement but overall a good keeper, there aren't many modern day keepers that you feel are infallible. Would be definite upgrade on Hennessey.

Quite likely. Plus Margetson was apparently instrumental in getting him to WHU and was his goalkeeping coach under Sam. The stars appear to be aligning - I'm not convinced he is the serious step up we need.

st albans
24-07-2017, 09:11 PM

They've signed joe hart ffs. Course Adrian is going to leave

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Joe hart isn't good

Arbroath Eagle
24-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Joe hart isn't good

This!

JAS78
24-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Joe hart isn't good

tbh I'd rather have Adrian given the choice

firstgame63cpfc
24-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Joe hart isn't good

Head and shoulders above the rest:rolleyes:

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 09:17 PM

:D

4 cryingOutloud
24-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Well, maybe head and neck......

eagles #1
24-07-2017, 09:45 PM
I can imagine the Dildo barons will charge top dollar for Adrian.

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 09:48 PM
I can imagine the Dildo barons will charge top dollar for Adrian.

They'll have too.. just read they are paying arnautovic 120k a week, Hernandez 140k a week and hart 125k plus loan fee

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Joe hart isn't good

Any free kick in their own half West Ham fans will be shitting themselves with that long necked nause in goal

jimmy the gent
24-07-2017, 09:55 PM
All quality signings to be fair. If Bilic can't get a tune out of them early doors, he'll be a good shout for first sacked manager i reckon.

Happy Arthur
24-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Harts a funny one. Don't keepers get better with age? He seems to have gone the other way.

Thefunkymonk
24-07-2017, 10:00 PM
All quality signings to be fair. If Bilic can't get a tune out of them early doors, he'll be a good shout for first sacked manager i reckon.

Hernandez is quality, although 140k a week for a near 30yr old is wedge.. but the others meh.

Martin H
24-07-2017, 11:03 PM
They'll have too.. just read they are paying arnautovic 120k a week, Hernandez 140k a week and hart 125k plus loan fee

They have gambled on experience.Arno is a classy player on his day and if they can get the rest of the team firing we may see him at his best there. But equally I don't think any of those players are going to kickstart things for them. Well at least I hope not. Hart could well turn out as a liability.

RisZero
24-07-2017, 11:07 PM
I dont mind either Arnautovic or Hernandez myself, whether they are hit or miss there I dont think they were bad moves to make. Never properly replaced Payet though.

AJ's right boot
25-07-2017, 07:32 AM

I'm sure, that wasn't the point I was making though.

Jim Cannon
25-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Hernandez is quality, although 140k a week for a near 30yr old is wedge.. but the others meh.

Was shocked that Hernandez is now that age. Only seems about 3 years ago he was a kid, but in fact it was much longer ago:supergrin:

Far East Eagle
25-07-2017, 07:55 AM

Good call, worth a quid that is

Stellavista
25-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Has there been any sniff of competition for Adrian's signature? Can't believe it would just be us.

Nigelbrag
25-07-2017, 08:02 AM
To be fair these and recently added are quality and proven players that West Ham have added, get in another CB and a Winger i then see them being a Top Eight team comfortably, and a good bet in Cup competitions.
Hope it works out well for Bilic, a decent man in a very cutthroat business.

Shipp Ahoy!
25-07-2017, 08:33 AM

They've also sold Randolph... They won't be doing the season with just the 1 keeper you know?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Has there been any sniff of competition for Adrian's signature? Can't believe it would just be us.
Newcastle

Jim Cannon
25-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Newcastle

Crying geordies when he chooses us over them. Then we put him on the bench after getting another first choice keeper:supergrin:

bigend1
25-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Can't say I've watched him obsessively but always under the impression he's a good keeper.

Sounds a little like David James on here. Very good lots of the time but prone to a clanger. If that's the case then he makes very public mistakes that stick in your mind but 90% of the time is a very good keeper and worth having. Not sure how he compares of course but he always seemed decent

mb23
25-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Hope he makes friends with that ball boy from last season.

eagles #1
25-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Always seemed to have a blinder against us.

cpfcben
25-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Yeah the 2 all game springs to mind where he threw the ball back into play. Absolute shocker.:shy:

Maidstoned Eagle
25-07-2017, 11:09 AM

So did Kevin Miller......

9Freedman9
25-07-2017, 11:13 AM
So did Kevin Miller......

Am I right in thinking he made a world class penalty save against us and Barnsley went on to win 1-0? Can't quite recall what year but I'm 90% sure Fan Zhiyi took the penalty as well.

Martin H
25-07-2017, 11:34 AM

Don't they always!

andyocpfc
25-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Whether we get Adrian or not, we seriously need a new keeper this season. We can't carry on losing cheap goals because of poor goalkeeping. I don't particularly dislike Hennessey, but I have zero confidence in him when he plays so if I'm feeling like that, imagine what the players in front of him feel. A new confident and competent keeper would transform our team IMHO.

Worksop Palace
25-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Am I right in thinking he made a world class penalty save against us and Barnsley went on to win 1-0? Can't quite recall what year but I'm 90% sure Fan Zhiyi took the penalty as well.

I think he may have saved a penno against Barnsley in a 0-0 draw

kilkennyjim
25-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Its clear wayne is not good enough. Hes not commanding enough for a big keeper and hes too slow to get down to a ground ball.

Maidstoned Eagle
25-07-2017, 12:34 PM
I think he may have saved a penno against Barnsley in a 0-0 draw

I thought he played a blinder, saved a penalty and Barnsley beat us on his first visit back to Selhurst, they beat us the following season definitely and he had a blinder then too.

gamesmeister
25-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Its clear wayne is not good enough. Hes not commanding enough for a big keeper and hes too slow to get down to a ground ball.

He's surprisingly quick at getting down to the low shots, that's not a problem.

Any mistakes he makes are usually when he flaps too much when coming for the high balls, as he doesn't always judge them very well.

Maidstoned Eagle
25-07-2017, 02:13 PM

To be honest, the first time I saw him play was in the cup game vs Newcastle and that was the one thing he really couldn't do.

El Aguila
25-07-2017, 06:02 PM
To be honest, the first time I saw him play was in the cup game vs Newcastle and that was the one thing he really couldn't do.

He's got better at that. I think it's that coach BFS brought in.
Dominating the area is a weakness, organising the defence.

Ralph
25-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Any mistakes he makes are usually when he flaps too much when coming for the high balls, as he doesn't always judge them very well.

Not for me. Would say he's beaten far too often at low shots. Massive weakness of his also combined with his inability to command his area.

AndyStreet
25-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Better than Hennessey.

Mr Palace
25-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Better than Hennessey.

That's setting a low bar, to be fair.

johnp
25-07-2017, 06:47 PM

Hennessey may be 6ft 6ins tall but he is slow and pathetically weak. He also has the reaction speed of a tortoise. He has no strength in his puny legs to propel himself sideways to save shots or upwards to catch crosses.

The Vicar
25-07-2017, 06:51 PM

He does not move his feet quickly enough...so he can get down to low shots, but does not reach as many as most top keepers.

Dodds
25-07-2017, 06:54 PM
The more I read up on West Ham fans views, the more I want this guy to join.

El Aguila
25-07-2017, 07:00 PM
He does not move his feet quickly enough...so he can get down to low shots, but does not reach as many as most top keepers.

Yes, he kind of falls onto them.
We need a new keeper. It's what we need most in my view. Adrian is very communicative, a leader for the defence. I can see why de Boer would like him.

Skiddo
25-07-2017, 10:24 PM
He's got the right amount of cockiness in him for a proper keeper as well.

The ball boy moment at Selhurst was him being a right **** but that's what we need sometimes. School prefect Hennessy wouldn't say boo to a goose.

alexcpfc
26-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Hopefully it is a priority that we sign Adrian.

We really need a decent keeper, it has cost far too much in points lost over the last few seasons having a Championship standard keeper.

Adrian is a proven experienced Premiership upgrade on Hennessy and it is a no brainer that we sign someone of his calibre after missing out on Begovic.

Dobbo
26-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Hopefully it is a priority that we sign Adrian.
We really need a decent keeper

But not many of us think those two sentences go together. Why do you think Randolph was able to keep him out of the Spammers side last season ?

Gyro1780
26-07-2017, 07:25 AM
But not many of us think those two sentences go together. Why do you think Randolph was able to keep him out of the Spammers side last season ?

I don't rate Adrian & would prefer us to look elsewhere but he is an upgrade on Hennessey.

Scoot
26-07-2017, 07:41 AM
He'll do for a season or two if it means we can get a half decent striker in as well.

RDSdaEAGLE
26-07-2017, 07:56 AM

Billic seemingly fell out with Adrian. A manager preferring one player over another doesn't automatically mean that one is better than the other...

Nostrils
26-07-2017, 09:25 AM
The Mail are suggesting 3m. I'd snap their hands off for that. It is the Mail though.

DHeagle
26-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Why do you think Hennessey was able to keep Mandanda out of the Palace side last season? Surely not footballing reasons?

Bilic was seemingly losing it at times last season, so I personally don't have any concerns about him not selecting Adrian.

Stinger1
26-07-2017, 09:36 AM
The Mail are suggesting 3m. I'd snap their hands off for that. It is the Mail though.

Exactly, he isn't a world beater but we will struggle to get better value for money. Really can't see us getting a better keeper than Adrian fro under 12 million.

RisZero
26-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Cant complain if its 3m, easily looking at 10m+ anywhere else id imagine

mb23
26-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Get it done for 3m. Bargain.

Owngoal
26-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Why do you think Hennessey was able to keep Mandanda out of the Palace side last season? Surely not footballing reasons?

Bilic was seemingly losing it at times last season, so I personally don't have any concerns about him not selecting Adrian.

Because Steve didn't want to play for us so couldn't even get himself on the bench?? Played a reserve game and was responsible for both goals?

Gollum
26-07-2017, 10:07 AM
He's a very decent keeper. At 3m, that's a a bargain.
We can always upgrade on Hennessey next summer.

elgin eagle
26-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Hope we don't. No better than what we already have. Go for the Jamaican guy.

Owngoal
26-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Get it done for 3m. Bargain.

That would be a decent price to have a punt at. As they got him on a free wonder what his wages were considering we spunked 73K a week on Sako who was a championship player?

hedge end eagle
26-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I would be highly surprised if we got him for 3m, more likely between 6m and 10m

elgin eagle
26-07-2017, 10:13 AM
He's on a free isn't he? Can't believe I'm turning my nose up at a freebie. He's such a cocky **** though.

hedge end eagle
26-07-2017, 10:14 AM
He's on a free isn't he? Can't believe I'm turning my nose up at a freebie. He's such a cocky **** though.

No he signed a new deal in may before Hart arrived

exiledeagle
26-07-2017, 10:20 AM
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=adrian+west+ham+videos&view=detail&mid=62ED10978F65C83EA32A62ED10978F65C83EA32A&FORM=VIRE

He has fallen out with Sullivan as well

Not sure if he catches or punches crosses ?

DHeagle
26-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Because Steve didn't want to play for us so couldn't even get himself on the bench?? Played a reserve game and was responsible for both goals?

We all know you've got an agenda. We also know that Mandanda is a better goalkeeper than Hennessey, and with your answer you have proven my point.

Edit: maybe 'agenda' is the wrong word, and 'irrational hatred' or 'grudge that borders on obsession' would be more accurate.

st albans
26-07-2017, 11:26 AM
I would be highly surprised if we got him for 3m, more likely between 6m and 10m

no chance he'd go for that much

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
26-07-2017, 12:31 PM
What does the Mail story say? I would rather not click on it.
Does it claim we have bid 3m for him?

elgin eagle
26-07-2017, 12:36 PM
No he signed a new deal in may before Hart arrived

OK cheers. Hope they keep him then.

Owngoal
26-07-2017, 12:43 PM
We all know you've got an agenda. We also know that Mandanda is a better goalkeeper than Hennessey, and with your answer you have proven my point.

Edit: maybe 'agenda' is the wrong word, and 'irrational hatred' or 'grudge that borders on obsession' would be more accurate.

Hilarious stuff Sssttteeevvveee chanter. Everything I have ever said has proven to be true including referring to him as the Emperors New Clothes because he wasn't very good. You sir are a lemming. It is irrational to love someone who has screwed this club over (Steve, Kebe, Pulis, Freedman, Dowie, Bruce) but there are still idiots who love some of these people. And as for Steve he has not shown himself to be a better keeper than Speroni now (not at his best) let alone Hennessy.

Wake up and smell the coffee:S::S:

Rasheed Harkouk
26-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Seen a West Ham site now that seems to confirm the Mail story although it understands the fee is more than 3M. Might be bollocks of course but as we were linked with him when BFS was here it seems reasonable to assume we've been keeping tabs on him for a while and with him wanting out of WH and us needing another keeper it does seem to make sense.

Would have no objection getting him in, seems a decent keeper.

mushroom
26-07-2017, 01:00 PM
I'd take any keeper in the prem over WH. Including the Watford fella.

Stavros 69
26-07-2017, 01:08 PM
I'd take any keeper in the prem over WH. Including the Watford fella.

Elton John?

art malice
26-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Elton John?

He's not a keeper. One-night stand only.

hedge end eagle
26-07-2017, 01:43 PM
no chance he'd go for that much

They got 5m for Randolph so would be surprised if they want less for adrian