PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Wilshere (again)

bubbs11
09-11-2017, 09:05 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/08/jack-wilshere-wanted-crystal-palace-roy-hodgson/

CharlieCPFC
09-11-2017, 09:10 AM
He's shown in recent performances for Arsenal that he's got the ability, but he needs a run of first team football and to remain injury free. But we'll only have so much to spend so I can't see this one being high on the agenda.

brighton_eagle
09-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Not a position we should be prioritising this january. We have plenty of good central players, especially if Roy plays 442 or 4411. And with the obvious question marks over his fitness and injury record, not sure we should be considering him as a long term replacement for Yo.

GreatGonzo
09-11-2017, 10:02 AM
He's shown in recent performances for Arsenal that he's got the ability, but he needs a run of first team football and to remain injury free. But we'll only have so much to spend so I can't see this one being high on the agenda.

How much do you think a bench player at Arsenal with 6 months left on his deal will cost? 5m may do, depending on whether other clubs go into a bidding war.

The problem would be West Ham as i believe Wilshere supported them as a boy.

As for being high on the Agenda, with an eye to the future, our midfield 3 come August 2018 is Luka, Puncheon and Mutch! If a CM is not high on the Agenda in Jan, it will have to be at the very top in the summer! Same as a keeper.

Penstone Eagle
09-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Not a position we should be prioritising this january. We have plenty of good central players, especially if Roy plays 442 or 4411. And with the obvious question marks over his fitness and injury record, not sure we should be considering him as a long term replacement for Yo.

Good central players? Not that great.

How about improving?

Maidstoned Eagle
09-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Well more like hobble or wheel himself into the team...

Williams and Wilshere...like for like.

Ruskin Old Boy
09-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Sounds like his agent is working overtime to get him a move to increase his chances of a World Cup place.

Our priority must be at least one striker, then a keeper. And not another injury prone player.

aj4england
09-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Buy Loftus Cheek and TFM and loan in him for 6 months.

Spindle
09-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Don't get this bloke. Injured all the time, then plays practically and entire season uninjured for Bournemouth on loan, then in the Summer immediately injured for Arsenal. He's a crock, we need players on the pitch not another Loic Remy.

CharlieCPFC
09-11-2017, 12:13 PM
How much do you think a bench player at Arsenal with 6 months left on his deal will cost? 5m may do, depending on whether other clubs go into a bidding war.

The problem would be West Ham as i believe Wilshere supported them as a boy.

As for being high on the Agenda, with an eye to the future, our midfield 3 come August 2018 is Luka, Puncheon and Mutch! If a CM is not high on the Agenda in Jan, it will have to be at the very top in the summer! Same as a keeper.

This is true I forgot about his contract, you're probably looking at in today's market, peanuts. I agree with you in terms of what we'll have in August it'll be threadbare, it all depends on how the club want to go about strengthening the squad and the vision they have going forwards. If we could sign Wilshere and then sign RLC on a permanent that's two cracking center midfielders who of thrive which in my eyes would will only enhance their value massively.

DARZET EAGLE
09-11-2017, 12:23 PM
This is true I forgot about his contract, you're probably looking at in today's market, peanuts. I agree with you in terms of what we'll have in August it'll be threadbare, it all depends on how the club want to go about strengthening the squad and the vision they have going forwards. If we could sign Wilshere and then sign RLC on a permanent that's two cracking center midfielders who of thrive which in my eyes would will only enhance their value massively.

Sadly I don't think this will happen. I hope RLC plays a blinder for England if selected. Should he leave Chelsea he will join a top 6 side in my opinion.

glaziers fan
09-11-2017, 12:25 PM

Riedewald as well, but I have been saying for a long time that centre mid is a priority position. Ideally Wilshere and Loftus Cheek on permanents plus Cabaye to extend his contract, but maybe that's greedy. Not to mention unrealistic!

glaziers fan
09-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Sadly I don't think this will happen. I hope RLC plays a blinder for England if selected. Should he leave Chelsea he will join a top 6 side in my opinion.

If he wants to play regularly he should join a side that will compete just below Top 6, in order that his England career can continue. No point sitting on the bench like Wilshere and Oxlade at Top 6 clubs. Would he play at Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd? Unlikely. He's a South London lad.

brighton_eagle
09-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Good central players? Not that great.

How about improving?

Luka, Cabaye, RLC and Jimmy currently. Plus cover if needed. It's not a priority position - striker and keeper are urgent.

CharlieCPFC
09-11-2017, 01:02 PM

Two months ago I'd have agreed, I still believe on his day he's one of the best center midfielders I've seen in a Palace shirt, he has the whole package but has a real scope for improvement. He's got good technique and he's very powerful but he lacks the mental side of the game and in my eyes that's down to not having the amount of first team football a player of his age should. He's a great player but the top clubs can't afford time to develop these players bar Pochettino at Tottenham but I can't see RLC entertaining the idea being a Chelsea boy. He needs two seasons playing regularly and if we can turn it around to stay up and get the good factor around the place again I see no reason why this couldn't happen.

Penstone Eagle
09-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Luka, Cabaye, RLC and Jimmy currently. Plus cover if needed. It's not a priority position - striker and keeper are urgent.

Luka, incredibly slow in my opinion

Cabaye, inconsistent but brilliant on his day, not often enough though.

RLC has looked good until being played out wide

Jimmy, sorry, time to move on.

Stavros 69
09-11-2017, 01:37 PM
He would be excellent for us.

Dal
09-11-2017, 01:57 PM
We don't need another smoker.

Bounce back
09-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Yep get him in

Owngoal
09-11-2017, 03:05 PM

Two have contracts up in summer, one on loan. Strength in depth here we come

Nigelbrag
09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Even with his injury riddled past, should he steer clear of injuries this season there will be a queue of clubs awaiting his signature if as stated his contract expires in the summer for sure. This guy when fit is a class act and unfortunately if being in demand will rule Palace out, personally i would love to have him at the club.

GreatGonzo
09-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Sounds like his agent is working overtime to get him a move to increase his chances of a World Cup place.

Our priority must be at least one striker, then a keeper. And not another injury prone player.

Hasn't missed much time injured last season or this.

GreatGonzo
09-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Even with his injury riddled past, should he steer clear of injuries this season there will be a queue of clubs awaiting his signature if as stated his contract expires in the summer for sure. This guy when fit is a class act and unfortunately if being in demand will rule Palace out, personally i would love to have him at the club.

Which is the reason to get him in January when less clubs might be in the running. In the summer he would almost certainly move to West Ham.

west eagle
09-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Don't see this happening after last season

Kidofwonder
09-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Billy big bollocks who will only upset the apple cart

andyocpfc
09-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Is he potentially a replacement for Yohan as his contract is up come the summer.

Latvian Eagle
09-11-2017, 04:10 PM
I thought I saw him linked to someone like Real Betis the other day?

cpfclife
09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Is he potentially a replacement for Yohan as his contract is up come the summer.

They are completely different players that play completely different roles, so no

theCoach
09-11-2017, 04:52 PM
fit wilshere whats there not to like..........wouldnt punt more than 10m on though unless linked to appearances.
jairo and luka holding and loftus cheek as a 10 may be the way to go......but hey lets get this season in place first.

Thefunkymonk
09-11-2017, 05:21 PM
If we sign him Id imagine hes cabayes replacement when he leaves

Personally think hes and overrated crock... would be a waste of wages.

Chillo
09-11-2017, 05:23 PM
I thought I saw him linked to someone like Real Betis the other day?

He is ..... on 90min; as they recycyle news from elsewhere, not sure where they got it from.

Penstone Eagle
09-11-2017, 05:27 PM

Our sort of signing then.

CP-RJW
09-11-2017, 05:39 PM
fit wilshere

Is about as oxymoronic as you can get.

CharlieCPFC
09-11-2017, 05:49 PM
If we sign him Id imagine hes cabayes replacement when he leaves

With his contract running down though he'll be in today's market peanuts as he'll be desperate to sign for someone else in the hope of going to Russia. If you look for a similar like for like player with good technical ability in the middle of the park they're going for a premium. Proper at Brighton would've been perfect for 10M.

Thefunkymonk
09-11-2017, 05:56 PM
With his contract running down though he'll be in today's market peanuts as he'll be desperate to sign for someone else in the hope of going to Russia. If you look for a similar like for like player with good technical ability in the middle of the park they're going for a premium. Proper at Brighton would've been perfect for 10M.

Like for like player... what you mean one that is constantly injured, and isnt actually that good..

Hes no better than we have.. and a massive gamble

Funk Butter
09-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Even with his injury riddled past, should he steer clear of injuries this season

"Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Pattern." Not sure how you describe fourteen times.

Nigelbrag
09-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Which is the reason to get him in January when less clubs might be in the running. In the summer he would almost certainly move to West Ham.

I could not agree more as i am a big fan, if only it could happen would be wonderful. But unfortunately i see a host of clubs giving him a better alternative, than joining a struggling club like Palace who are looking likely relegation candidates unless there is a drastic turnaround.

Nigelbrag
09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
"Once Is Chance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time Is A Pattern." Not sure how you describe fourteen times.

Fourteen Times? really, or are you taking into consideration when he was caught smoking his "pipe" as an injury.;) I was under the impression he has been fairly injury free of late hence why he was considered for an England callup. Do you still feel he is not good enough for Palace? we must be brimming with talent.

GreatGonzo
09-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Is about as oxymoronic as you can get.

How many games has he missed through injury since the start of last season?

CP-RJW
09-11-2017, 07:46 PM
How many games has he missed through injury since the start of last season?
Not that many matches but still spent 112 days injured in 2017 plus 11 in 2016, was just fortunate that it happened to be in the summer. But sure, because he only spent a third of the year out injured and it happened to be in the summer months means he’s turned over a new leaf :D

CP-RJW
09-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Fourteen Times? really, or are you taking into consideration when he was caught smoking his "pipe" as an injury.;) I was under the impression he has been fairly injury free of late hence why he was considered for an England callup. Do you still feel he is not good enough for Palace? we must be brimming with talent.
Lol injury free? He’s spent over a third of the year injured (112 days,) was just fortunate to get the injury in late April so didn’t miss too many games and was fit by August. It’s only a matter of time though.

CP-RJW
09-11-2017, 07:52 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-wilshere/verletzungen/spieler/74223

Mr Palace
09-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Please no more injury crocks. Very talented player but very unreliable and definitely not worth the risk in our position.

TheCharmer1
10-11-2017, 08:09 AM
we have the money to buy a player of wilshire's standing in a non priority position?

adrenalin john
10-11-2017, 10:16 AM
we have the money to buy a player of wilshire's standing in a non priority position?

Wilshire's standing? It's a miracle. Lazarus Jack is on his feet

GreatGonzo
10-11-2017, 11:27 AM

How much do you think he would cost this Jan?

Palestinian
10-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Lol injury free? Hes spent over a third of the year injured (112 days,) was just fortunate to get the injury in late April so didnt miss too many games and was fit by August. Its only a matter of time though.

Doubt that 112 days is really case - it seems to be from when his was injured (16 April) until the next competitive match he could have been considered for - Charity Shield on 6 August.

That aside I am less than convinced that he is what we need to stay up - he hardly pulled up trees at Bournemouth. A striker and a keeper are much higher priorities and then probably a wide player.

Shipp Ahoy!
10-11-2017, 01:22 PM
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/roy-hodgson-rules-out-crystal-palace-swoop-for-arsenal-midfielder-jack-wilshere-a3687921.html

Hodgson has ruled this out (and Slimani)!

CP-RJW
10-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Doubt that 112 days is really case - it seems to be from when his was injured (16 April) until the next competitive match he could have been considered for - Charity Shield on 6 August.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/628220/Jack-Wilshere-Arsenal-injury-news-Arsene-Wenger-Bournemouth-football-gossip/amp JACK WILSHERE will miss the start of the season as his bad luck with injury continues.

The Arsenal man is still recovering after suffering yet another serious leg injury while on loan at Bournemouth last season.

Wilshere will not travel with the rest of the Gunners squad as they jet off on a pre-season tour that includes games in Sydney, Shanghai and Beijing.

The midfielder, 25, suffered a hairline fracture of his left fibula in a tackle with Harry Kane in April.

And he will also be unavailable for boss Arsene Wenger when it comes to the season-opener with Leicester, live on Sky Sports, on Friday August 11.

Funk Butter
10-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I meant 13 times.

Injury history

Games missed
16/17 Hairline crack in calfbone Apr 16, 2017 - 93 days
16/17 Knee injury Jul 31, 2016 Aug 11, 2016 11 days
15/16 Hairline crack in calfbone Aug 1, 2015 Apr 4, 2016 247 days
14/15 Malleolar injury Feb 23, 2015 Mar 31, 2015 36 days
14/15 Malleolar injury Nov 22, 2014 Feb 20, 2015 90 days
13/14 Hairline crack in the foot Mar 5, 2014 May 1, 2014 57 days
13/14 Sprained Ankle Nov 2, 2013 Nov 8, 2013 6 days
12/13 Malleolar injury Mar 11, 2013 Apr 10, 2013 30 days
11/12 Knee-OP May 22, 2012 Sep 24, 2012 125 days
11/12 Fatigue fracture Feb 1, 2012 May 15, 2012 104 days
11/12 Ankle surgery Sep 26, 2011 Jan 31, 2012 127 days
11/12 Sprained Ankle Jul 31, 2011 Sep 25, 2011 56 days
09/10 Malleolar injury Nov 20, 2009 Dec 2, 2009 12 days

JDawg
10-11-2017, 07:11 PM
We have enough midfielders. We're light up top and in goal. This has to be the priority and way ahead on an admittedly talented but very fragile playmaker.

GreatGonzo
30-01-2018, 09:59 PM
24 hours before the deadline and he is not in the Arsenal squad for the game tonight.

Injured or off?

Eaglefoz
30-01-2018, 10:00 PM
24 hours before the deadline and he is not in the Arsenal squad for the game tonight.

Injured or off?

Sick apparantly

spt1978
30-01-2018, 10:01 PM

Injured or off?

Illness.

SeanPalace84
30-01-2018, 10:02 PM
He won't be going anywhere

GreatGonzo
30-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Illness.

Convenient. Guess we shall see.

alf
30-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Personally, I would not want him. Strolls around the pitch too much and it is only teams like Palace who give him acres of space that make him look good.

I don't think he's a Palace type player.

st albans
30-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Personally, I would not want him. Strolls around the pitch too much and it is only teams like Palace who give him acres of space that make him look good.

Hahahhahahahaha. He was also motm against Chelsea the other night

elgrande
30-01-2018, 10:20 PM

really...as much as I think he is a ****,he is a great player.

chateauferret
30-01-2018, 10:23 PM
How can we be in for Wilshere on loan? We'd be mad to send Fosu-Mensah back and we've already said we're not sending Loftus-Cheek back.

Considering his loan spell at Bournemouth I'd probably sooner have 8 games of Loftus-Cheek than 13 of Wilshere, especially if the latter costs more.

GreatGonzo
30-01-2018, 10:54 PM
How can we be in for Wilshere on loan? We'd be mad to send Fosu-Mensah back and we've already said we're not sending Loftus-Cheek back.

Considering his loan spell at Bournemouth I'd probably sooner have 8 games of Loftus-Cheek than 13 of Wilshere, especially if the latter costs more.

It wouldn't be a loan, he is out of contract in summer!

TFM should be behind Ward as a RB on recent showings however I don't think we will send him back.

andyocpfc
30-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Hes been their best player for weeks - no way would they let him go.

alf
30-01-2018, 11:09 PM
really...as much as I think he is a ****,he is a great player.

I appreciate that he has skill and can pick a pass but I don't think he's as good as he use to be, at the moment anyway. (a bit like our Jonny Williams)

I think that in our current position he would be a luxury player which we can't really afford to have at the moment.

Martin H
30-01-2018, 11:12 PM
I appreciate that he has skill and can pick a pass but I don't think he's as good as he use to be, at the moment anyway. (a bit like our Jonny Williams)

I think that in our current position he would be a luxury player which we can't really afford to have at the moment.

A bit like our Johnny Williams? Difficult not luv Johnny but that's a bit if a stretch. I think he was reminiscent of him when he was 15 or so which is probably why Arsenal were interested back then but it's not worked out for him.

Gregz41
30-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Hes been their best player for weeks - no way would they let him go.

This. Saw a lot of Arsenal over the Christmas period and he was nothing short of outstanding. Hope he keeps up his fitness because he's miles ahead of any of England's options in CM.

GreatGonzo
30-01-2018, 11:19 PM

Averages more passes a game than any of our players and only Sakho has a comparable pass completion rate. He is head and shoulders above any player we have in our midfield.

The Drive Man
30-01-2018, 11:39 PM
This. But we’re in dreamland if we think he’d ever end up at the Palace. No chance - he’s too good for Arsenal At the moment let alone us!

So much nonsense around transfers at the mo - it’s all bullshit.

RisZero
31-01-2018, 02:02 AM
He has done himself a world of good coming back to form when Arsenal seemingly turned their back to him. If he wants to leave he can just wait out his contract until summer, there will be plenty of suitors and I doubt the fans can really hold it against him

orp pisshead1
31-01-2018, 06:17 AM
This. Saw a lot of Arsenal over the Christmas period and he was nothing short of outstanding. Hope he keeps up his fitness because he's miles ahead of any of England's options in CM.

Spot on:p

Palacebear
31-01-2018, 06:40 AM
I am not a fan of his at all, but he is a very good footballer. He has totally controlled the midfield in a number of games I have seen him in recently, especially against us at selhurst.

It would be great to get him to come to palace, but hes another injury prone player, that would probably join our growing list.

norwoodeagle
31-01-2018, 09:51 AM
He didn't play last night and was not on the bench. Injured again?

GreatGonzo
31-01-2018, 09:53 AM
He didn't play last night and was not on the bench. Injured again?

Apparently ill.