PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Jeroen Zoet

NorseEagle
20-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Now that it seems for certain that Cillessen won´t leave Barcelona, hopefully there is something in the rumour that we want Jeroen Zoet.

"PSV keeper Jeroen Zoet is also understood to feature prominently on Palace's list of goalkeeper targets"
Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/crystal-palace-open-talks-with-barcelona-for-jasper-cillessen-4190210#jtrvxMvqCtGIsvef.99

elgin eagle
20-07-2017, 11:13 PM
_y9ul-NlyU8

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
20-07-2017, 11:16 PM
I suspect that is just another example us being linked to a Dutch player because we have a Dutch manager.

elgin eagle
20-07-2017, 11:19 PM
0b81IAP2Jog

NorseEagle
20-07-2017, 11:26 PM
I suspect that is just another example us being linked to a Dutch player because we have a Dutch manager.

Might be, but hopefully we´re in the marked for a new goalkeeper and FdB and his new staff know more about the dutch players then most people. I do expect us to sign at least 1, maybe 2 dutch players during this season.

elgin eagle
20-07-2017, 11:36 PM
http://taddlr.com/celebrity/jeroen-zoet/

Square-face type.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
20-07-2017, 11:57 PM
He looks a superb keeper. Some great reactions and secure hands.

SteveyHawking
21-07-2017, 12:43 AM
We were linked with him under Pardew too.

SmokeyStover7
21-07-2017, 12:57 AM
He looks a superb keeper. Some great reactions and secure hands.

Most keepers look that way in highlight videos.

Hedgehog
21-07-2017, 02:40 AM
Now that it seems for certain that Cillessen won´t leave Barcelona, hopefully there is something in the rumour that we want Jeroen Zoet.

"PSV keeper Jeroen Zoet is also understood to feature prominently on Palace's list of goalkeeper targets"
Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/crystal-palace-open-talks-with-barcelona-for-jasper-cillessen-4190210#jtrvxMvqCtGIsvef.99
Read more is a link to Jasper Cillessen interest? :confused:

gold76
21-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Only time I saw him play, was a friendly against England, looked good that day

mroakley9
21-07-2017, 06:27 AM
i reckon it'd be kind of cool if we were linked to someone who wasn't dutch, but maybe that's just me idk

Dobbo
21-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Most keepers look that way in highlight videos.

Have to go back a long way to make a video of Hennessey making that many saves :D

Scoot
21-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Have to go back a long way to make a video of Hennessey making that many saves :D

Yes Chelsea away :jerkit:

Yogya
21-07-2017, 08:24 AM
i reckon it'd be kind of cool if we were linked to someone who wasn't dutch, but maybe that's just me idk

Kind of cool if we actually sign someone who is Dutch....

What?
21-07-2017, 09:48 AM

They weren't exactly world class saves.

Crouchey21
21-07-2017, 10:20 AM

One good game in how many? He's dog stop trying to defend him.

Owngoal
21-07-2017, 11:23 AM
One good game in how many? He's dog stop trying to defend him.

So why did he get some MoMs on here?

SmokeyStover7
21-07-2017, 11:34 AM
If we were linked with Hennessey then this highlight video would be posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ju7m_9jIJA

And everyone would claim he would be a massive upgrade on Hennessey :)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-07-2017, 11:36 AM

It is true. I would like us to get a new number 1 but at the same don't think it would be a disaster to have him between the sticks for another season.

Kiazer Soze
21-07-2017, 11:54 AM

The trouble with Hennessey is that he always makes you feel nervous,but he's one of those players that could move on a play a blinder for someone else

bubbs11
21-07-2017, 01:34 PM
It is true. I would like us to get a new number 1 but at the same don't think it would be a disaster to have him between the sticks for another season.

Maybe not, but would be a massive oversight by the club. With the amount of wages we could offer and exposure playing in the most watched league in the world, I can't believe we can't entice a top keeper from somewhere.

I'm normally not one to get anxious about getting players in, but I can't actually believe we are 3 weeks away from the start of the season and Hennessey is still our number one.

Chillo
21-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Ooh look, Hennessey's mum's come along to defend him :rolleyes:

So, anyway, this Zoet guy?

meee
21-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Maybe not, but would be a massive oversight by the club. With the amount of wages we could offer and exposure playing in the most watched league in the world, I can't believe we can't entice a top keeper from somewhere.

I'm normally not one to get anxious about getting players in, but I can't actually believe we are 3 weeks away from the start of the season and Hennessey is still our number one.

We had one.We let him go.

adman50
21-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Hennessey will be responsible for us being in a relegation battle if we don't replace him. Simple as that really.

FMH57
21-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Hennessey will be responsible for us being in a relegation battle if we don't replace him. Simple as that really.

100% ^^^.
Cannot believe we haven't prioritised this position in the last few transfer windows. Instead we have a GK who couldn't make the first team in his previous club, Wolves, and the last club he was first choice at was Yeovil Town.

eagleborn
21-07-2017, 02:05 PM

In fairness, even if we replace Hennessey, of we don't upgrade anywhere else we will still be in a relegation battle. There is more to it than just him

GreatGonzo
21-07-2017, 02:19 PM

We did replace him last year. his replacement did not save us any points, he made an excellent save against Liverpool in a game we still lost and apart from that which saves did he make that won us points last season that you would not expect the keeper to make? On top of that he had the howler of the season al but throwing it in his own net against Burnley, a game we arguably could have won but for that.

Once you have answered that you will need to show how many points Hennessey cost us last season that was the difference between being in a relegation battle and not.

Now i am not going to tell you Hennessey is an amazing keeper, i would happily see someone come in and be given the No.1 gloves from the start as i was last season. However you post is pure ignorance and not based in fact.

Yes it is a position we could improve but he is nowhere near as bad as many on here would have people believe and as last year showed, bringing in a replacement is also no silver bullet.

GrayP41ace
21-07-2017, 03:05 PM
We did replace him last year. his replacement did not save us any points, he made an excellent save against Liverpool in a game we still lost and apart from that which saves did he make that won us points last season that you would not expect the keeper to make? On top of that he had the howler of the season al but throwing it in his own net against Burnley, a game we arguably could have won but for that.

Once you have answered that you will need to show how many points Hennessey cost us last season that was the difference between being in a relegation battle and not.

Now i am not going to tell you Hennessey is an amazing keeper, i would happily see someone come in and be given the No.1 gloves from the start as i was last season. However you post is pure ignorance and not based in fact.

Yes it is a position we could improve but he is nowhere near as bad as many on here would have people believe and as last year showed, bringing in a replacement is also no silver bullet.

Points per game with Mandanda 1.22
Points per game with Hennessey 1.03

Terrace Bickle
21-07-2017, 03:15 PM

I think that's pretty harsh.

Owngoal
21-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Pathetic c@@t

SmokeyStover7
21-07-2017, 03:25 PM

One of the worst ways to judge a goalkeeper, or any player for that matter.

SmokeyStover7
21-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Grow up.

Adlerhorst
21-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I don't know much about him but providing he doesn't set up for free kicks like this then sign him up

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/AA7RG1/feet-stuck-in-concrete-AA7RG1.jpg

McpfcS
I think that's pretty harsh.

But entirely accurate

SmokeyStover7
The trouble with Hennessey is that he always makes you feel nervous,but he's one of those players that could move on a play a blinder for someone else

Hennessey is a bottom level PL keeper at best, and there is little reason to think he could move and play a blinder for someone else. But he is not near as incompetent as many make out.

GrayP41ace
21-07-2017, 03:36 PM
One of the worst ways to judge a goalkeeper, or any player for that matter.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but as the question was about Mandanda not gaining us any points and prove that Hennessey did cost us points, thought it was pertinent the points gained per game. Now unless Mandanda did nothing in those games, how, under what was a shambolic team and in particular defence he gained more points is baffling.

FMH57
Hennessey is a bottom level PL keeper at best, and there is little reason to think he could move and play a blinder for someone else. But he is not near as incompetent as many make out.

But incompetent all the same....

GreatGonzo

True, ignores that Mandanda usually played against weaker opposition, only 1 game against the top 4, 2 games against the top 8 so that is not too surprising a difference. Average finishing position of the teams Mandanda played agaist was 12.33 - Hennessey would therefore be 7.67 i think.

Clean sheets:
Hennessey 6 from 29
Mandanda 0 from 9

As i said in the previous post, which saves you would not expect a keeper to make did Mandanda make to win us points - if he didn't he overall cost us points.

My only real point was the fallacy of this notion that bringing in a keeper over the summer is going to be a magical solution, we have tried it - it wasn't. if we sign another keeper this summer and they come in, it is possible that Hennessey will still be deemed No.1 or after a time come back in and retain the position. The abuse he gets it utterly ridiculous.

GrayP41ace
21-07-2017, 03:44 PM

The problem isn't so much the serious mistakes made, Hennessey at Villa, Mandanda at Burnley, McCarthy against Liverpool, Forster at selhurst etc. these are freak goals. It's the consistent flaws in his technique that have cost us the same goals, and nearly moments with quite some regularity.

Everyone makes mistakes, repeating the same mistakes is a problem and becomes a when not if. That for me is why the position needs addressing.

Whether this makes me a bad fan, a non supporter, Owngoals next 'play on words' for my username or whatever doesn't matter, I am expecting him to make a mistake he's made before in every game now. If it doesn't happen one week I'm more surprised than when it does.

I'll always support him when he plays, but the doubt has well and truly set in.

GrayP41ace
21-07-2017, 03:56 PM
True, ignores that Mandanda usually played against weaker opposition, only 1 game against the top 4, 2 games against the top 8 so that is not too surprising a difference. Average finishing position of the teams Mandanda played agaist was 12.33 - Hennessey would therefore be 7.67 i think.

Clean sheets:
Hennessey 6 from 29
Mandanda 0 from 9

As i said in the previous post, which saves you would not expect a keeper to make did Mandanda make to win us points - if he didn't he overall cost us points.

My only real point was the fallacy of this notion that bringing in a keeper over the summer is going to be a magical solution, we have tried it - it wasn't. if we sign another keeper this summer and they come in, it is possible that Hennessey will still be deemed No.1 or after a time come back in and retain the position. The abuse he gets it utterly ridiculous.

You can argue anything with stats. We would have set up less defensively against the teams Mandanda played against, leading to him being more exposed etc. Every game under Pardew and without Sakho for example was a lot for Opposition attack friendly? It's not a massive sample of games to compare against, so it's a lot of who knows.

But to take what you say, and use Chelsea for example, I would expect every professional keeper to have made all of Wayne's saves that day? He played well, he was under pressure and deserved recognition but what he did wasn't beyond Mandanda or Speroni for that matter?

To use what you said again, what saves did Wayne make that you wouldn't expect him to have made? I can't think of any off the top of my head? Plenty of good saves, but none that made me think, how the ****?! Only Mandanda against Liverpool did I think that about a save. So he undoubtedly cost us points? That's before you actually look at the goals he cost us.

I agree with the abuse. It's OTT and not his fault. I'm not as good as him, but I'd play for his wages and do my best, which would never be good enough, until I was replaced. When that happens ain't my fault.

4 cryingOutloud
21-07-2017, 03:59 PM
100% ^^^.
Cannot believe we haven't prioritised this position in the last few transfer windows. Instead we have a GK who couldn't make the first team in his previous club, Wolves, and the last club he was first choice at was Yeovil Town.

Need to check your FACTS better and find out why he couldn't make the first team at Wolves and the reason he was loaned to Yeovil Town. Hennessey suffered a torn cruciate knee ligament which kept him sidelined. After completing several reserve games during his comeback he re-injured the knee during training which kept him out of action for the remainder of the season.

adman50
21-07-2017, 04:03 PM

Mandanda clearly had issues going on behind the scenes that none of us are privy too. It's meaningless speculation as to what the reasons he didn't play were.

The issue for me with Hennessey is not just a direct he was at fault for this or that goal but I believe he is at fault for a lot of defensive mishaps.

A keeper does a lot more than just makes saves. He needs to organise his defence, command his area and ultimately be a leader at the back. He does none of these. It's no wonder all of our defenders will either put the ball out of play or try and gamble to play out of danger rather than put the simple back to the keeper. In short, I truly believe they don't trust him and as such their game gets brought down to his level. Sakho obviously was very composed on the ball and this quality shone through as perhaps his best attribute in his stint with us and that was evident when he played the ball out of defence. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Hennessey is the weak link and needs to go.

Hennessey's decision making is also horrifically bad. How many times has he come for a ball and got nowhere near it or stuck on his line when he should be claiming crosses. It brings me nicely to the point above. Speroni's biggest fault arguably was he was never one to come a claim a ball but at least the defenders knew that and would deal with accordingly. Hennessy is erratic an causes uncertainty- does the defender need to deal with the ball or is the keeper going to come and claim it.

To me he just looks very awkward and despite his stature just not has the presence of a Premier League keeper and ultimately it is costing us.

GrayP41ace
21-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Need to check your FACTS better and find out why he couldn't make the first team at Wolves and the reason he was loaned to Yeovil Town. Hennessey suffered a torn cruciate knee ligament which kept him sidelined. After completing several reserve games during his comeback he re-injured the knee during training which kept him out of action for the remainder of the season.

To be fair, aren't his facts correct? :confused:
After his injury he didn't get back in Wolves first team, only made the first team at Yeovil, and rather than keep him, Wolves sold him to us.

adman50
21-07-2017, 04:13 PM
He actually refused to play as well which is a bit low, scummish really.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-boss-kenny-jackett-6467708

jobiinthelastmi
21-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Anyone who isn't Hennessy gets my vote!

jaspercpfc
21-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Anyone who isn't Hennessy gets my vote!

this.

EaglesSnapBack
21-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Is this a Palace forum? I'm starting to get confused....

4 cryingOutloud
21-07-2017, 06:51 PM
He actually refused to play as well which is a bit low, scummish really.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-boss-kenny-jackett-6467708

If you read the article you'll find he refused to play because he was about to sign for us. Talk about bending the facts to fit your own agenda.:rolleyes:

chatham_eagle
21-07-2017, 07:23 PM
F*ck off Ray

Latvian Eagle
21-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I did wonder how long until we were linked.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
21-07-2017, 07:35 PM
I did wonder how long until we were linked.
They were just waiting until Cillisen sounded unlikely.

Chillo
21-07-2017, 07:37 PM
So .............. I'll ask again, enough of the Hennessey stuff, what about this Zoet guy?

Have we every had a player whose surname begins with a Z (except Wilf)?

RisZero
21-07-2017, 07:41 PM
So .............. I'll ask again, enough of the Hennessey stuff, what about this Zoet guy?

Had a few Zeroes

NickinOx
21-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Had a few Zeroes

So did Richard Bong. ;)

orp pisshead1
21-07-2017, 07:44 PM

Zohar:rolleyes:

BuktaBoy
21-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Zoet has a good rep in Holland and wouldn't cost more than £10m I guess..we've watched him for a couple of years so there could be some serious interest in signing him. We need a new number 1 - summer priority !!!

Latvian Eagle
21-07-2017, 08:10 PM
The great thing about Dutch players is they are fluent in English so at least there is never a language barrier. Communication with the Defence for either Zoet or Cillessen shouldn't be an issue.

adman50
21-07-2017, 08:14 PM
If you read the article you'll find he refused to play because he was about to sign for us. Talk about bending the facts to fit your own agenda.:rolleyes:So he did refuse to play then...

Latvian Eagle
21-07-2017, 08:19 PM
7aQGQ5fPVFs

The thing I like about Zoet over Cillessen is that when he makes a save he gets the ball away from the danger area more often than not. In the clips of Cillessen he seems to push the ball back into danger too often.

Owngoal
21-07-2017, 08:39 PM
If you want to pollute a thread with a shit keeper Steve is your man. He was a bit low, scummish really

adman50
21-07-2017, 09:59 PM
If you want to pollute a thread with a shit keeper Steve is your man. He was a bit low, scummish reallyThis conversation isn't about Steve. It's a bit low to bring him into it, scummish really.

Owngoal
21-07-2017, 10:03 PM
This conversation isn't about Steve. It's a bit low to bring him into it, scummish really.
One thing about the Henn is that he isn't a bit low.....

adman50
21-07-2017, 10:09 PM
One thing about the Henn is that he isn't a bit low.....No he's just shite [emoji11]

Lombardo's hair
21-07-2017, 10:16 PM
No he's just shite [emoji11]

I don't agree he isn't that bad. He is just very average can have blinders but very rare. Does not instill confidence in the defence because he dithers too much. He would be okay as back up but definitely not first choice. It shows that there is a dearth of Welsh keepers if he's their no1

BuktaBoy
22-07-2017, 06:26 AM
I don't agree he isn't that bad. He is just very average can have blinders but very rare. Does not instill confidence in the defence because he dithers too much. He would be okay as back up but definitely not first choice. It shows that there is a dearth of Welsh keepers if he's their no1

Fair point. He's not going to improve at his age - we could and should be targeting better. We've been spoilt with some top number ones in our history that's prob why Henn looks so average.

GreatGonzo
22-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Fair point. He's not going to improve at his age - we could and should be targeting better. We've been spoilt with some top number ones in our history that's prob why Henn looks so average.

Indeed. Who is the current Latvian No.1? Or Hungarian No.1?

BuktaBoy
22-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Indeed. Who is the current Latvian No.1? Or Hungarian No.1?

If you only started supporting Palace in 2000 I pity you...

BuktaBoy
22-07-2017, 07:21 AM
If you only started supporting Palace in 2000 I pity you...

You forgot Perry Suckling too ;)

CPFC85
05-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Back in for this guy according to the Daily Snail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4764062/Crystal-Palace-weigh-PSV-keeper-Jeroen-Zoet.html

Thefunkymonk
05-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Back in for this guy according to the Daily Snail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4764062/Crystal-Palace-weigh-PSV-keeper-Jeroen-Zoet.html

He's quality in football manager in a few seasons :D

On serious note.. we need a goalkeeper, RWB, RCB and a striker asap

cdm61
05-08-2017, 07:02 PM
He's quality in football manager in a few seasons :D

On serious note.. we need a goalkeeper, RWB, RCB and a striker asap

Yes please

brooklynlou
05-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Our last friendly and Speroni in goal. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion Wayne is off.

Gyro1780
05-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Our last friendly and Speroni in goal. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion Wayne is off.

As long as he isn't first choice this season...:p

Owngoal
05-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Does anyone follow Dutch football enough to know how good he is? 26 is a good age and could see him with us for 8-10 years which would be great. Speroni today showed he is not the answer

Latvian Eagle
05-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Yes please. I think he is a better keeper than both Adrian and Cillessen and clearly better than the two Keepers we currently have.

The big plus with Dutch players are they speak English anyway so one less thing to worry about.

Given we are a week off the season starting is an odd choice not to start Hennessey if he is going to be the starter.

Latvian Eagle
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Additional comment. For me it's a bit late to be bringing in a new keeper right on the eve of the season.

El Aguila
05-08-2017, 08:16 PM
It was very strange not to start the Hen today.

brooklynlou
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM

Frank, you have a choice between the Welsh international keeer, or an almost forty years old Speroni.

I'll take the Speroni

cpfcben
05-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Speroni was terrible today. We wayne in goal next week.

GreatGonzo
05-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Frank, you have a choice between the Welsh international keeer, or an almost forty years old Speroni.

I'll take the Speroni

Says the person not at the game today.......

cpfcfan1
05-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Love Speroni, but he is not a second choice keeper.

Latvian Eagle
05-08-2017, 08:34 PM

I think even third choice is pushing it now sadly. Surely got to be his last year?

cpfcfan1
05-08-2017, 08:40 PM
I think even third choice is pushing it now sadly. Surely got to be his last year?

Sadly think you are right, hope he stays on as a coach of some sort.

brooklynlou
05-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Says the person not at the game today.......

The internet is an amazing thing Gonzo.

Chris K
05-08-2017, 09:55 PM

Don't think so, it was a sentimental choice to give him a last run out at Selhurst in a game that meant nothing

DARZET EAGLE
05-08-2017, 10:06 PM
He looks class on the video, and would be better than anything we have. He commands the box, has great positional sense, and is acrobatic. I hope we put in a realistic bid.

Abjekt
05-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Getting a new keeper is definitely a priority (along with another striker) because hyperbole aside, Wayne is not good enough to be first choice in the Premier League. Yes he had the odd game last season, no denying that, but he never looks totally comfortable and that's not what we need, especially if we're going to be playing it short in defence.

I know bugger all about this Zoet but if he's any kind of upgrade on Wayne, then it's certainly worth considering.

SmokeyStover7
05-08-2017, 11:13 PM

I said that last month and got two neg reps haha.

JHJ EAGLE
06-08-2017, 06:42 AM

And before that? The Chelsea away game aside WH hasn't exactly covered himself though has he?

S.P.R.
06-08-2017, 07:41 AM
I wonder how much it would cost to get Zoet, as he has been getting more Dutch caps since Cillinsen has been sitting on the bench at Barca, not going to be cheap. How long left on his contract?

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM
I wonder how much it would cost to get Zoet, as he has been getting more Dutch caps since Cillinsen has been sitting on the bench at Barca, not going to be cheap. How long left on his contract?

Not that it's exactly accurate but his Transfermarkt has him valued about £7.5m.

His contract runs until 2019.

hedge end eagle
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM

According to transfer market, his value is just over 7m

Far East Eagle
06-08-2017, 08:07 AM
I really wish we had just a snippet of info from if club or a small leak. I'm sure there is transfer movement, but I'm getting really nervous now. For successive seasons we've started without the correct personel, hope it doesn't happen again. GK and RWB stat!

BuktaBoy
06-08-2017, 08:13 AM
I really wish we had just a snippet of info from if club or a small leak. I'm sure there is transfer movement, but I'm getting really nervous now. For successive seasons we've started without the correct personel, hope it doesn't happen again. GK and RWB stat!

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone at the club and fans that we need a new 'keeper sharpish. Love Jules but it's time to move on.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I haven't seen this guy play but I like the profile..age/experience/pedigree & probably a reasonable price. Dutch market seems to offer value judging by Reidewald fee.

PauLo
06-08-2017, 08:22 AM
He looks like Euron Greyjoy. I have nothing more to add.

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Apparently Benfica also interested.

NorseEagle
06-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Realy hope there is something in this rumour. Speroni didn't quite look up to it yesterday, and Wayne just isn't good enough.

Krise
06-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Realy hope there is something in this rumour. Speroni didn't quite look up to it yesterday, and Wayne just isn't good enough.

Some worrying opinions by Dutch people in the comments section...

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Some worrying opinions by Dutch people in the comments section...

Some Palace supporters think Hennessey is top drawer. ;) I wouldn't worry about a couple of opinions.

Krise
06-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Some Palace supporters think Hennessey is top drawer. ;) I wouldn't worry about a couple of opinions.

Owngoal seems to think so, but are there really others?

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 11:14 AM

In-exile

GreatGonzo
06-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Seeing as the gratuitous youtube video is the way we decide which GK we should go for, what about this guy?

4G_QChGOb7o

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Seeing as the gratuitous youtube video is the way we decide which GK we should go for, what about this guy?

4G_QChGOb7o

There is like maybe 2 really good saves in there. The rest is stuff I would expect a Sunday League keeper to save. :D

AJ
06-08-2017, 12:01 PM
I thought the Schalke goalkeeper was really good yesterday, then he flaps at Zaha's cross and pushes the ball onto Beteke's head with an open goal in front of him.

Jon_C-Pal
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM
I thought the Schalke goalkeeper was really good yesterday, then he flaps at Zaha's cross and pushes the ball onto Beteke's head with an open goal in front of him.

It was a great cross but bloody hell the keeper dealt with it terribly

El Aguila
06-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Really? It was always leaving him. Thought it was very difficult to deal with.

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Really? It was always leaving him. Thought it was very difficult to deal with.

It looked to me like he was caught in two minds whether to catch it or punch it and ended up doing a bit of nothing.

Owngoal
06-08-2017, 01:19 PM

I have never said he is top draw but he is and has been our best keeper for the past two years seeing off McCarthy and Latvians Steve. I said we should replace all three keepers. Henn does his best despite being a figure of hate for displacing Jules and has played while injured for the good of the team. No player has ever received such bullying bile from Palace 'fans' since Paul Hammond. No wonder he does so much better for Wales in terms of consistency.

I for one am glad that a fair few stand up for him yet completely ignore just how poor Jules has become. Not his fault as he has succumbed to age like all players. However, still the dumb and dumber thinking he is capable of playing in the Prem. Sorry to those who want to bully anyone who stands up to the bully boy brigade as you just make yourself look scummish and moronic. :hi::p

Owngoal
06-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Look at yesterday's match thread. A fair few realised how much better he is than Jules.

hulkster
06-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Look at yesterday's match thread. A fair few realised how much better he is than Jules.

That's not the issue. Issue is that he isn't as good as Jules was and never will be.

Owngoal
06-08-2017, 07:31 PM
That's not the issue. Issue is that he isn't as good as Jules was and never will be.

OK and to me Jules WAS never a patch on Jackson or Martyn. WAS is the key word. You really need to think what you are saying. As I said I saw Jim Cannon and Kenny Sansom yesterday who would shit all over most of our current players in terms of ability and desire. However that, as well as Speroni are in the past. Pretty simple. I have promised the mods to be a good boy so can't say too much else. But try using your brain or it will stop working.......

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 09:24 PM
OK and to me Jules WAS never a patch on Jackson or Martyn. WAS is the key word. You really need to think what you are saying. As I said I saw Jim Cannon and Kenny Sansom yesterday who would shit all over most of our current players in terms of ability and desire. However that, as well as Speroni are in the past. Pretty simple. I have promised the mods to be a good boy so can't say too much else. But try using your brain or it will stop working.......

Desire maybe. I imagine most of our Centre Backs are probably better than Cannon ability wise. Particularly as he spent most if not all of his career in the second tier.

TAK
06-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Leave that for memory lane, neither Speroni or Wayne are currently of the standard for a first choice keeper in this division.

What we need is someone at least as good as Jules at his peak but ideally someone as good as Nigel Martyn at his peak.

GreatGonzo
06-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Leave that for memory lane, neither Speroni or Wayne are currently of the standard for a first choice keeper in this division.

What we need is someone at least as good as Jules at his peak but ideally someone as good as Nigel Martyn at his peak.

Gone are the days when we break records like signing the first million pound goalkeeper (we also signed the first million pound teenager) so the chances of getting a Nigel Martyn will be a bit more hit and miss, taking a chance that someone will become that but cannot afford a guarantee.

jimmy the gent
06-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Gone are the days when we break records like signing the first million pound goalkeeper (we also signed the first million pound teenager) so the chances of getting a Nigel Martyn will be a bit more hit and miss, taking a chance that someone will become that but cannot afford a guarantee.

What is the modern equivalent of 1M in 1990, in today's premiership terms? 20m i'd reckon? That's the sort of sums we'd need to spend to recruit the sort of keeper we need IMHO. Can't see it happening.

GreatGonzo
06-08-2017, 09:52 PM
What is the modern equivalent of 1M in 1990, in today's premiership terms? 20m i'd reckon? That's the sort of sums we'd need to spend to recruit the sort of keeper we need IMHO. Can't see it happening.

He was the most expensive keeper in history, certainly in this country, so that is now £35m.

Arbroath Eagle
06-08-2017, 10:16 PM
I love Nigel Martyn. He was my second all time favourite player behind Andy Gray. We haven't had a better goalkeeper in my time

TAK
06-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Andy Gray, great player dodgy bloke off the pitch.

Me and Matov had a letting agency in the 90's and he knocked us on our fee. Then he recommended us to his brother (Doh!), we charged him for Andy's fee as well, telling to ask Andy for it back. Never heard a word more on it.

Did you ever hear the story about the England track suits?

Owngoal
06-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Desire maybe. I imagine most of our Centre Backs are probably better than Cannon ability wise. Particularly as he spent most if not all of his career in the second tier.

You have no idea how good either player was especially with your judgement of French keepers. True legend for a reason

Owngoal
06-08-2017, 11:51 PM

We need to be aiming high like Martyn.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
06-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Unbeatable score on words with friends

Latvian Eagle
07-08-2017, 04:06 AM
You have no idea how good either player was especially with your judgement of French keepers. True legend for a reason

Well no but then both left before I evwr went to a game. :rolleyes:

Not like you to try start an argument though is it?! :rolleyes:

Tomo
07-08-2017, 05:33 AM
I have never said he is top draw but he is and has been our best keeper for the past two years seeing off McCarthy and Latvians Steve. I said we should replace all three keepers. Henn does his best despite being a figure of hate for displacing Jules and has played while injured for the good of the team. No player has ever received such bullying bile from Palace 'fans' since Paul Hammond. No wonder he does so much better for Wales in terms of consistency.

I for one am glad that a fair few stand up for him yet completely ignore just how poor Jules has become. Not his fault as he has succumbed to age like all players. However, still the dumb and dumber thinking he is capable of playing in the Prem. Sorry to those who want to bully anyone who stands up to the bully boy brigade as you just make yourself look scummish and moronic. :hi::p

You keep accusing Palace fans of bullying Hennesey then the other day you told a poster to curl up and die...

That's a lot more scummish than posts on a message board about how poor a keeper is, which he'd never see.

N Herts Eagle
07-08-2017, 05:34 AM
Having seen the goal conceded by the new keeper at Brighton I am happy to stick with what we have ...... Of course I would love the modern day Jacko or Nigel but they come around rarely. I would love a Jules in his prime and as an old timer yes he was up there with those two but lets never forget his first few seasons he was a disaster it took time. Spending millions will not guarantee success signing one with a great reputation like Steve does not guarantee success. I have no doubt we will add a new keeper lets hope whoever it is he adds to what we have. From my view it will mean he is a world class because Wayne is no worse or better than many keepers in the league.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Having seen the goal conceded by the new keeper at Brighton I am happy to stick with what we have ...... Of course I would love the modern day Jacko or Nigel but they come around rarely. I would love a Jules in his prime and as an old timer yes he was up there with those two but lets never forget his first few seasons he was a disaster it took time. Spending millions will not guarantee success signing one with a great reputation like Steve does not guarantee success. I have no doubt we will add a new keeper lets hope whoever it is he adds to what we have. From my view it will mean he is a world class because Wayne is no worse or better than many keepers in the league.

Wayne is worse than virtually all keepers in the league. It shouldn't be hard to upgrade this position.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Zoet travelled with psv to play Augsburg.. whereas de Jong and propper were left out of squad. I'd imagine it means this is nowhere near

N Herts Eagle
07-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Wayne is worse than virtually all keepers in the league. It shouldn't be hard to upgrade this position. Your wrong.....ok cheer yourself up watch the first two minutes of this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Twror4D78

Sceagle
07-08-2017, 08:19 AM
He's not a very good keeper. Worse than Hennessey, especially in the mistakes department.

Sceagle
07-08-2017, 08:25 AM
hhWeiEhBdUU

Latvian Eagle
07-08-2017, 09:17 AM
He's not a very good keeper. Worse than Hennessey, especially in the mistakes department.

Based on one error?! :moo:

sky dancer
07-08-2017, 09:32 AM
hhWeiEhBdUU

I suspect this won't happen again in his career.

Rasheed Harkouk
07-08-2017, 09:40 AM
As a comparison I saw Bournemouth vs Napoli last night and the much fancied Begovic twice distributed the ball straight to Napoli players less than 30 yards away, one of these resulted in the opening goal for Napoli.

Would still happily have had him at the Palace however, mistakes happen, just when they are a keeper they are highlighted a lot more

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Your wrong.....ok cheer yourself up watch the first two minutes of this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Twror4D78

:supergrin:

St.AlbansEagle
07-08-2017, 10:34 AM
hhWeiEhBdUU

Am i the only one who thinks this isnt that bad a mistake?

I seem to remember hennessey nutmegging himself from a corner.....

Gregz41
07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Am i the only one who thinks this isnt that bad a mistake?

I seem to remember hennessey nutmegging himself from a corner.....

I kind of agree. I'd describe the way he got up as natural. It's a bit unlucky and naive, but also incredibly rare. If it did happen to you, you'd be sure to be extra careful in similar situations in the future.

It is very tough to gauge whether a certain keeper would be an upgrade on what we have based on highlight videos, but a certain manager with years of experience of watching that league regularly might be able to judge better than we can of Zoet.

In Frank we trust!

Sceagle
07-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Based on one error?! :moo:

Ask any PSV fan. He makes loads. Sorry I haven't posted a video of every single ******* one.

SmokeyStover7
07-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Yeah seems a lot of PSV fans believe he is championship quality. Excellent reflexes and in 1v1s but mistake prone and poor in the air. He was a good prospect when FDB was at Ajax but has gone backwards the last two years.

Owngoal
07-08-2017, 04:58 PM
You keep accusing Palace fans of bullying Hennesey then the other day you told a poster to curl up and die...

That's a lot more scummish than posts on a message board about how poor a keeper is, which he'd never see.

Sorry to hurt your feelings cinderblocks. You are always so kind. How do you know Hennessy does not see the bile you have posted on here about him. For those who say it is easy to get another keeper we have fecked it up good and proper two years on the trot. Having Jules as back up would not happen at any other club if they had an equivalent previous No 1 well past his sell by date

Owngoal
07-08-2017, 05:00 PM

We need Henn to claim his number one spot so this guy sounds the business

Krise
07-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Nice spin on it. I actually know you don't think "Henn" is world class, but you seem to really like him, as if you've met him, had a chat, and he was really nice and respectful to you.

What if Speroni gets the nod on Saturday though.

brooklynlou
07-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Nice spin on it. I actually know you don't think "Henn" is world class, but you seem to really like him, as if you've met him, had a chat, and he was really nice and respectful to you.

What if Speroni gets the nod on Saturday though.

And a healthy Henn sits on the bench?
It means Henn is off and we need to acquire *two* keepers before the end of the window.

Krise
07-08-2017, 07:20 PM
And a healthy Henn sits on the bench?
It means Henn is off and we need to acquire *two* keepers before the end of the window.

Or a certain message to the board...

alf
07-08-2017, 08:03 PM

As a youngster, I can remember watching Malcolm Allison coach Paul Hammond at a training session in the days they trained at Selhurst Park. PH did improve a lot as far as I can recall but he had a hard act to follow in John Jackson.

BuktaBoy
09-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Dutch & Portuguese media claiming us & Benfica in for him. €15m wanted by PSV but deal expected for a lot less after Euro exit...

Owngoal
09-08-2017, 08:02 AM
As a youngster, I can remember watching Malcolm Allison coach Paul Hammond at a training session in the days they trained at Selhurst Park. PH did improve a lot as far as I can recall but he had a hard act to follow in John Jackson.

He was destroyed by the negativity of many fans and that was when all we had in the way of news was the Adder every Friday. Jacko was still a very good keeper and it was a wrong decision by Big Mal. What I would give for another Jackson

cpfcfan1
11-08-2017, 05:47 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/e6m-offer-claimed-crystal-palace-competition-unnamed-english-club/

We've made a 6 million offer according to this

TouchyAndalou
11-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Maybe we could resign Scott Flinders. Butter Flinders!

Who's he play for now, Macclesfield? Name your price.

CoDownEagle
11-08-2017, 06:25 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/e6m-offer-claimed-crystal-palace-competition-unnamed-english-club/

We've made a 6 million offer according to this

Close to his 15 million valuation then....I wonder why they didn't reply ?

DARZET EAGLE
11-08-2017, 06:55 PM

Where did you get that figure from?

GreatGonzo
11-08-2017, 07:44 PM

How do you know they didn't reply? The report says it is unknown what the response to the bid was.

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Psv just signed new keeper. Zoet has been in England*.......coincidence?

(*Apparently according Twitter)

cpfcfan1
16-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Welcome Zoet

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 07:08 PM
http://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/16/evertons-eloy-room-deal-reportedly-threatened-by-crystal-palaces/

And room signs for psv

elgin eagle
16-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Welcome Zoet

and Zoet came to pass (but ended up having to kick long) :)

exiledeagle
16-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Welcome Zoet

Zoet, a Dutch international with two Eredivisie titles on his belt, has been heavily linked with a move away from the Phillips Stadium this summer despite being viewed as somewhat error-prone in his homeland.

What?
16-08-2017, 07:42 PM
I guess 'somewhat error prone' is a step up from completely bloody useless.

What?
16-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Oops. Double post*

Mr Palace
16-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Considered somewhat error prone in Holland? Mmm, maybe not one to fill us all with total confidence.

JAS78
16-08-2017, 07:53 PM
The world is now full of shit goalkeepers it seems

Bring back the 90s

cpfcfan1
16-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Know nothing of him, goal keepers are hard to find, good ones anyway, to find a premiership one would be tough, vorm?

PremierPalace
16-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Bring back the 90s

It's Neuer or nothing for me now

Gyro1780
16-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Could this just be a re-hash of old news now we have a Dutch manager?

17th August 2015...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/17/crystal-palace-lining-up-transfer-of-psv-keeper-jeroen-zoet-5347600/

Wycombe Eagle#2
16-08-2017, 09:05 PM
So only average keepers around commanding £5m. Stick Neuer in goal and he'd end up with back ache with our defence. If money is really that tight I think I'd stick with WH and put the extra £5m into ensuring we get a proven quality defender to sort the sieve of a defence out.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
16-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Could this just be a re-hash of old news now we have a Dutch manager?

17th August 2015...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/17/crystal-palace-lining-up-transfer-of-psv-keeper-jeroen-zoet-5347600/

2 years ago? That is confusing.

Gyro1780
16-08-2017, 10:41 PM
2 years ago? That is confusing.

I don't remember us being linked with him back then when Pardew was in charge but the link is obviously from 2015.
Maybe we're interested again?

4 cryingOutloud
16-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Know nothing of him, goal keepers are hard to find, good ones anyway, to find a premiership one would be tough, vorm?

Neither does anyone else, but they pretend they do.:eek::supergrin:

BuktaBoy
17-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Lifted from website quoting Dutch paper. PSV want 10m euros.

A summer shift from Jeroen Zoet to Benfica is still a possibility, according to De Telegraaf on Tuesday. The Portuguese top club considers PSV 's goalkeeper according to the newspaper as one of the two candidates below the bar. Sweet was previously linked to Frank de Boer 's Crystal Palace .
Benfica wants to get Zoet or Vitoria Guimaraes goalkeeper João Miguel Macedo Silva to Lisbon. Should the choice be in the tweet on Sweet, Benfica does not seem to want to pay the main prize. Portugal's ruling national champion has previously seen other (too) expensive options. The contract of 26-year-old goalkeeper with PSV, who has not had any official contact with a club about Zoet, continues for another two seasons.
Benfica's current guardian guild consists of former Brazilian international Júlio César (37 years), the two-year-old Paulo Lopes and the Portuguese youth international Varela, who joined Vitória Setubal. Benfica sold first goalkeeper Ederson this summer for forty million euros to Manchester City.
Zoet has four full seasons at the Eindhoven arena, after a two-year lending period to regional partner RKC Waalwijk. Sweet, which was linked to Naples for a long time, did not last a summer's departure recently. "It has to be a club where my feeling is one hundred percent good and everything is right for me," said the Orange International.

Palace Kebab
17-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Benfica's current guardian guild consists of former Brazilian international Júlio César (37 years), the two-year-old Paulo Lopes and the Portuguese youth international Varela, who joined Vitória Setubal.

Let's get Lopes for our under 3's. Cue comments he will be better than Hennessy...

bloodfart
18-08-2017, 10:41 AM
don't know if mentioned or if the source is credible, but:

"Crystal Palace 'make £5.5million bid for Dutch goalkeeper Jereon Zoet' but will need to up the offer"

http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/transfer-news/crystal-palace-make-55million-bid-13494295

Hitchin Eagle
18-08-2017, 12:13 PM

Bring back the 90s

Were Joe and his brothers good keepers?

Jim Cannon
18-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Were Joe and his brothers good keepers?

I see what you did there. Wayne needs to borrow Joe's glasses

Stinger1
18-08-2017, 12:47 PM
don't know if mentioned or if the source is credible, but:

"Crystal Palace 'make £5.5million bid for Dutch goalkeeper Jereon Zoet' but will need to up the offer"

http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/transfer-news/crystal-palace-make-55million-bid-13494295

They kind of report old news. Think that is the offer reported from a few days ago.

GrayP41ace
18-08-2017, 12:50 PM

Would surely only be temporary.....

Crunchie
18-08-2017, 01:03 PM
For those into euro footy. Who is the better keeper IYO?

Zoet or Skorupski?

Owngoal
18-08-2017, 02:47 PM

Zoet or Skorupski?

Fight!!!

theCoach
18-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Zoet or Skorupski?

zoet

Thefunkymonk
18-08-2017, 06:35 PM
http://m.soccernews.nl/news/400258/update:_brands_reageert_snel_op_nos-gerucht

Not much new using google translate

CoDownEagle
18-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Watford are also interested...they offer a more realistic fee and he signs for them.....next

thomasbroad
18-08-2017, 07:20 PM
They buy him, we swoop in and get Skorupski - perfect.

Thefunkymonk
18-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Watford are also interested...they offer a more realistic fee and he signs for them.....next

What you talking about Willis

GreatGonzo
18-08-2017, 09:39 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40978015

red&blue_moomin
18-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Not impressed looks like hennesey relies on reactions and a lot of the shots in the highlights are long range or not full power. Plus he spills a lot and pushes the ball back into the middle. Basically a younger hennesey. Other chap looks much more like speroni in his golden period.

BuktaBoy
21-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Excuse the 'English'. Google translation below from post match quotes yesterday..

Does PSV keeper Jeroen Zoet lose this transfer period? The goalkeeper is emphatically linked to a transition to Crystal Palace , the English club of trainer Frank de Boer. Sweet self wanted to confirm or deny the stories after the won eredivision dump with NAC Breda.

"At the club is clear that I have ambition," said Sweet. "Of course, much is written on the internet. Not all of it is true, but I can say that some things are true."

What things are exactly true, that's what Sweet does not want to say again. "I'm not going to name names here now. I know what's up and down, that's the most important thing. At last it will be clear whether something goes on or not."

Sweet: Some of the written things are true
However, the chance seems that Sweet is no longer active in the Premier League at the beginning of September but in the Premier League. His replacement at PSV, Eloy Room, is already on the reserve bank.

"If the picture is correct, for me and for PSV, then everything can be possible," says Sweet. "For now, I have a contract with PSV until 2019. But with a correct bid, it can be just that I leave."

Penstone Eagle
21-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Sweet.

Eagle Kneevil
21-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Room is on the reserve bank. Should step up our interest, he is highly rated.

Penstone Eagle
21-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Signs for Huddersfield page 14.

Martin H
21-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Signs for Huddersfield page 14.

Don't think they need a keeper :) Lossi (or whatever he is called) had another good game yesterday. Mounie looked less effective but HT have started very well.

Terrace Bickle
21-08-2017, 09:38 AM
I'd love 'Uddersfield to stay up, if we're safe, and it meant BHA and the other barcodes getting relegated.

The Drive Man
21-08-2017, 09:46 AM
I think we should put the signing of a better keeper on the back burner until we sort out the other priority positions. I'd rather we strengthen 4 outfield positions than 3 and a keeper. Mind you the way things are going well be lucky to even get one over the line!
I'm getting really cheesed off with it all now.

Martin H
21-08-2017, 09:49 AM
I think we should put the signing of a better keeper on the back burner until we sort out the other priority positions. I'd rather we strengthen 4 outfield positions than 3 and a keeper. Mind you the way things are going well be lucky to even get one over the line!

We can't last until Xmas without a 3rd keeper and FDB has made it clear they will get one. So he must be one of the 3, whoever he is.

DARZET EAGLE
21-08-2017, 09:59 AM

Patience man.

DARZET EAGLE
21-08-2017, 10:05 AM
We can't last until Xmas without a 3rd keeper and FDB has made it clear they will get one. So he must be one of the 3, whoever he is.

Forward (Burke possibly to replace Townsend), but I hope we secure a proven goalscorer too. A defender (Sakho fingers crossed, Kevin Wimmer looks like another West Brom target) and goalkeeper (Zoet or Scorupski). So three, or four if Townsend is sold.

BuktaBoy
21-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Forward (Burke possibly to replace Townsend), but I hope we secure a proven goalscorer too. A defender (Sakho fingers crossed, Kevin Wimmer looks like another West Brom target) and goalkeeper (Zoet or Scorupski). So three, or four if Townsend is sold.

I'd keep Townsend if poss, he looked good on Sat.

Agree re striker, keeper and centre half.

If we need to sell surely, McArthur, Dann and Ward can go if we can't find a willing buyer for messrs Lee, Sako and Mutch..

DARZET EAGLE
21-08-2017, 10:35 AM
I'd keep Townsend if poss, he looked good on Sat.

Agree re striker, keeper and centre half.

If we need to sell surely, McArthur, Dann and Ward can go if we can't find a willing buyer for messrs Lee, Sako and Mutch..

We need to keep Dann, he is getting back to form and looked good on Saturday. He could be a useful striker.;);)

Gyro1780
24-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Has there been anymore news on us being interested in Zoet?

PauLo
24-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes. But no one wanted to talk about it.

james powell
24-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Yes. But no one wanted to talk about it.

Brilliant :D :D

DARZET EAGLE
24-08-2017, 02:41 PM
What has happened to this lad, has he disappeared into the ether?

Latvian Eagle
24-08-2017, 02:44 PM
What has happened to this lad, has he disappeared into the ether?

We made an offer then it all went quiet. Not heard if it has even been rejected.

DARZET EAGLE
24-08-2017, 02:53 PM
We made an offer then it all went quiet. Not heard if it has even been rejected.

I guess both parties are playing a waiting game. Like Sakho and Wimmer(plan B), Vorm is plan B for Zoet.

glaziers fan
25-08-2017, 04:12 AM
I don't think we are prepared to stump up the cash on this one. I feel we are likely to get Skorupski on loan, and Vorm is the back up to that.

Johnny Byrne
25-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Just seems like our budget funds are limited by FFP rules. Not great.

Silks&Tekkers
25-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Just seems like our budget funds are limited by FFP rules. Not great.

We are the only team who seem to care about FFP. Or has or carelessness with wages finally caught up on us?

Chas
27-08-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm actually watching PSV-Roda right now, and was thinking, "This PSV keeper is pretty good." Then I come in here and see we're already linked!

I'm sure the BBS doesn't want any more Dutchmen at the club at this point, but Zoet might be worth a punt.

Seems very decisive, and seems to enjoy the quick counter via long throw. His kicks are questionable, though! Not nearly as long as Hennessey's, and I've seen a couple now go straight into touch.

All against Roda JC, mind!

CPFC85
27-08-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm actually watching PSV-Roda right now, and was thinking, "This PSV keeper is pretty good." Then I come in here and see we're already linked!

I'm sure the BBS doesn't want any more Dutchmen at the club at this point, but Zoet might be worth a punt.

Seems very decisive, and seems to enjoy the quick counter via long throw. His kicks are questionable, though! Not nearly as long as Hennessey's, and I've seen a couple now go straight into touch.

All against Roda JC, mind!

I expect he is out of our (SP's) price range.

Martin H
27-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I expect he is out of our (SP's) price range.

Right now it would seem anyone with both arms and legs could be out if that range but perhaps that's all about to change.

exiledeagle
27-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Right now it would seem anyone with both arms and legs could be out if that range but perhaps that's all about to change.

well maybe 1 arm and 2 legs would help us now :)

Owngoal
27-08-2017, 08:47 PM
What does Crapvian Eagle think? Damn that autocorrect

Chillo
27-08-2017, 09:41 PM
What does Crapvian Eagle think? Damn that autocorrect

What is it with you picking fights and insulting other BBS posters, solely because they have a different view about keepers from yours? :confused:

Den Haag Eagle
28-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Zoet is in the Dutch press this morning complaining that PSV are blocking his move.

Far East Eagle
28-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Zoet is in the Dutch press this morning complaining that PSV are blocking his move.

move to Palace or just a move in general?

exiledeagle
28-08-2017, 07:27 AM
This is keeper that Dutch press say is error prone ?

CPFC85
28-08-2017, 07:27 AM

A bowel movement?

old git
28-08-2017, 07:28 AM

Can't see us signing him at the moment.

Jim Cannon
28-08-2017, 07:31 AM
This is keeper that Dutch press say is error prone ?

Yes but can pass the ball back and forth with the cb very nicely

Den Haag Eagle
28-08-2017, 07:35 AM

The article suggested us or Benfica. His comments were just that PSV were not allowing him to move.

BuktaBoy
28-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Newcastle linked with him now. Another target bites the dust?

WE NEED A NEW KEEPER CAN SOMEONE FROM THE BOARD ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PLEASE AND SIGN A DECENT NUMBER ONE THIS IS GETTING TEDIOUS NOW!