PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Danny Welbeck

Latvian Eagle
22-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Wasn't really sure if this was more of a suggestion or rumour to be honest but someone told me tonight they had heard we are linked to Danny Welbeck.

Absolutely no idea where that has come from to be honest but thought I would share anyway.

Martin H
22-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Wasn't really sure if this was more of a suggestion or rumour to be honest bit someone told me tonight they had heard we are linked to Danny Welbeck.

Absolutely no idea where that has come from to be honest but thought I would share anyway.

Crikey, no way.

RisZero
22-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Good player, cant see it happening in a million years.

TAK
22-07-2017, 10:55 PM
I've altered the prefix.

It only qualifies as rumours when you can post a link other than that it's just speculation.

Happy Arthur
22-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Smaller clubs can attract these type of players as they can pay the wages now. However they normally need to involve guaranteed first team football, which we can't offer (unless benteke leaves).

Stinger1
22-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Zero chance, not going to come here to be second fiddle Benteke.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
22-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Would love it but seems quite unlikely. Loan maybe?

eaglebhoy
22-07-2017, 11:03 PM
?

Crunchie
22-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Maybe a double Whammy with Chambers? :)

RisZero
22-07-2017, 11:09 PM
If 3-4-3 is the way we are heading I dont think playing him up top with Zaha and Benteke is crazy, I just cant see him coming here.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
22-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Wasn't really sure if this was more of a suggestion or rumour to be honest but someone told me tonight they had heard we are linked to Danny Welbeck.

Webber. They said Webber

Thefunkymonk
22-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Quality player.. massively injury prone

Palace Bear
22-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Even more injury prone than Wickham

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 01:59 AM
I get the injury worries but I'd take him on loan in a heartbeat. Perfect for the kind of inside forward role which the new formation has us playing. It may mean Andros continuing at wingback in some games but we need more options. Managed 20 games last season - well worth the risk in my opinion.

Jim Cannon
23-07-2017, 02:30 AM
I get the injury worries but I'd take him on loan in a heartbeat. Perfect for the kind of inside forward role which the new formation has us playing. It may mean Andros continuing at wingback in some games but we need more options. Managed 20 games last season - well worth the risk in my opinion.

Do we never learn - he has missed as much football as Remy these last couple of years

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Do we never learn - he has missed as much football as Remy these last couple of years
Haha. Don't worry, it isn't up to me anyway. This one I would take a risk with though.

GB2506
23-07-2017, 09:37 AM
No chance! A fully fit Welbeck would be absolutely class but just can't see it happening.

A front 3 of Zaha, Benteke, Welbeck would be unreal!

New LP
23-07-2017, 10:20 AM
No chance! A fully fit Welbeck would be absolutely class but just can't see it happening.

Exactly, a fit Welbeck is a player who most of the top 6 would have.

Maybe a loan could be done for the season. Even that seems a bit unlikely though.

Nigelbrag
23-07-2017, 10:26 AM
It will never happen especially with talk of Giroud, Perez And Sanchez leaving, that probably leaves them with ONE main striker, no chance.
But to be honest he would make an excellent signing with the system FdB has in mind, a hard working forward who chases and harasses the opposition, but also with good movement off the ball, fits de Boer ideas perfectly.
Possibly far better than Benteke does and more in keeping with what the manager wants, but no chance of any of it happening? however what if a bid of say 55m came in for CB, and DW can be bought for around 25m, interesting thought.

gold76
23-07-2017, 10:50 AM
If Perez is happy in London, perhaps he might be a better fit

Martin H
23-07-2017, 10:51 AM
It will never happen especially with talk of Giroud, Perez And Sanchez leaving, that probably leaves them with ONE main striker, no chance.
But to be honest he would make an excellent signing with the system FdB has in mind, a hard working forward who chases and harasses the opposition, but also with good movement off the ball, fits de Boer ideas perfectly.
Possibly far better than Benteke does and more in keeping with what the manager wants, but no chance of any of it happening? however what if a bid of say 55m came in for CB, and DW can be bought for around 25m, interesting thought.

Agree on all points. It crossed my mind that if Chelsea or someone came in with huge cash and CB was interested then this would make real sense. Welbeck, as you say, is a perfect fit for the system if fit. But we would be brave to assume he will play 38 games. I still think we would only sell if CB makes it clear if he wants to go or the money is obscene. It would humourous if CB's purchase fee then turns out have been a snip.

Today, it's just an interesting thought. Can't believe it's going to happen.

TheCharmer1
23-07-2017, 10:53 AM
If Perez is happy in London, perhaps he might be a better fit

Perez would fit our system perfectly

Martin H
23-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Perez would fit our system perfectly

I thought I read somewhere he was/is going back to a previous club? Didn't that happen?

Purepalace
23-07-2017, 11:10 AM
I thought I read somewhere he was/is going back to a previous club? Didn't that happen?

Couple of stories out there. One is Sevilla want to buy him and another is a loan to Fenerbahce.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 11:18 AM

That's why I would take a the risk despite his injuries. Highly doubt it will happen but I wouldn't hesitate if it was possible.

Se9 eagles
23-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Overpaid,overrated,injury prone show-off.Not a Palace player in a million years.....

Se9 eagles
23-07-2017, 11:21 AM
That's why I would take a the risk despite his injuries. Highly doubt it will happen but I wouldn't hesitate if it was possible.

Then we would have Tekkers up front and 2 permanently injured back ups instead of 1:wallbash:.

KentEagle1612
23-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Overpaid,overrated,injury prone show-off.Not a Palace player in a million years.....

Did someone say Adebayor?

aj4england
23-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Light years better than Remy , but out of our league me thinks

GB2506
23-07-2017, 11:39 AM

So are you saying you would like to see this happen??

Se9 eagles
23-07-2017, 11:41 AM
So are you saying you would like to see this happen??

Rather stick a pin in my eye than have that tart at aPalace!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Then we would have Tekkers up front and 2 permanently injured back ups instead of 1:wallbash:.
He wouldn't be back up to Benteke. He'd play with him.

And why do you need to use a patronising wallbash just because someone holds a different opinion to you?? Part of the problem with some BBS users these days. I think with his quality it would be worth the risk, you don't. That's fine.

RisZero
23-07-2017, 12:14 PM

Implying those names are not leaving to fund new signings

cpfcfan1
23-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Would be superb

Nigelbrag
23-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Agree on all points. It crossed my mind that if Chelsea or someone came in with huge cash and CB was interested then this would make real sense. Welbeck, as you say, is a perfect fit for the system if fit. But we would be brave to assume he will play 38 games. I still think we would only sell if CB makes it clear if he wants to go or the money is obscene. It would humourous if CB's purchase fee then turns out have been a snip.

Today, it's just an interesting thought. Can't believe it's going to happen.

What concerns me most Martin, is watching the Asia tournament and yes i realise it is very early days to form any opinions, but in that system we have deployed, Benteke looks all at sea and lost.
What makes it frustrating is, HE IS OUR ONLY TRUE GOALSCORER, and his strengths as we all know is when heading a ball goalwards, so its commonsense to realise if we are to see the best of him he needs that type of service.
If that were not to happen we have to wonder what real value would he be to FdB in his intended system, that is why i hope we have a Plan B to fall back on. A change in playing style can be put on hold or introduced gradually when we have the right personal in place, but relegation shows you no such patience.

averity
23-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Would love it. Great player! Can't see it myself, would have said slim to 0 chance

Nigelbrag
23-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Implying those names are not leaving to fund new signings

I assume you mean they are being sacrificed to fund new players? But when any team loses the calibre of Sanchez and Giroud it will take some replacing.

RisZero
23-07-2017, 12:46 PM
I assume you mean they are being sacrificed to fund new players? But when any team loses the calibre of Sanchez and Giroud it will take some replacing.

Not sacrificed so much as its clearly not being a case of "we lost half a team, lets not bother replacing them at all meaning we cant sell anyone else"

rainbow_child
23-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Would be an amazing signing, never in a million years!

Martin H
23-07-2017, 01:06 PM
What concerns me most Martin, is watching the Asia tournament and yes i realise it is very early days to form any opinions, but in that system we have deployed, Benteke looks all at sea and lost.
What makes it frustrating is, HE IS OUR ONLY TRUE GOALSCORER, and his strengths as we all know is when heading a ball goalwards, so its commonsense to realise if we are to see the best of him he needs that type of service.
If that were not to happen we have to wonder what real value would he be to FdB in his intended system, that is why i hope we have a Plan B to fall back on. A change in playing style can be put on hold or introduced gradually when we have the right personal in place, but relegation shows you no such patience.

Not sure he was all at sea but he wasn't involved enough. He had a very good shooting chance that he missed altogether. There was a perfect cross from Andros that he watched from the edge but assume this was because of heat etc that he didn't make the run. There is a problem that only Andros crosses the ball.

But I am not going to panic yet. FDB has to sort out the defence and inevitably the work will have been there. There were signs of the inter passing that could open up defences but just glimmers. I think CB prefers that type of play despite his towering build. I am not sure he has the movement or work rate. It's a conundrum. He can score 1 in 2 despite all of this, so.....

Se9 eagles
23-07-2017, 02:36 PM
He wouldn't be back up to Benteke. He'd play with him.

And why do you need to use a patronising wallbash just because someone holds a different opinion to you?? Part of the problem with some BBS users these days. I think with his quality it would be worth the risk, you don't. That's fine.

A 20,000,000-30,000,000 risk?Luckily we've got SP in charge rather than you and he's no fool....

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 03:02 PM
A 20,000,000-30,000,000 risk?Luckily we've got SP in charge rather than you and he's no fool....
I said he would be great on loan, so I don't think he would cost us that much. And yes, I am certainly not in charge, and I don't know our budget or other options. That said, if we got him in I would be very happy.

Also, SP did invest in an expensive loan for Remy this time last season and tried to do a deal for a similarly injury prone Wilshire. And, no, I don't think he's a fool at all.

Also, most people on here would be happy to spend 20-30m on a defender recovering from a serious injury, because of his quality.

jimmy the gent
23-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Only way i see this happening is if Benteke leaves, which would be a dreadful decision IMHO

Se9 eagles
23-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I said he would be great on loan, so I don't think he would cost us that much. And yes, I am certainly not in charge, and I don't know our budget or other options. That said, if we got him in I would be very happy.

Also, SP did invest in an expensive loan for Remy this time last season and tried to do a deal for a similarly injury prone Wilshire. And, no, I don't think he's a fool at all.

Also, most people on here would be happy to spend 20-30m on a defender recovering from a serious injury, because of his quality.

100,000-150,000 a week plus a 5,000,000 loan fee.Thats over 10,000,000 plus the medical bills for one year.Absolute madness:wallbash:.

cpfcfan1
23-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Is this even a rumour?

Malarkey
23-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Is this even a rumour?

no

RisZero
23-07-2017, 03:38 PM
The prefix is discussion :confused:

Latvian Eagle
23-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Is this even a rumour?

Good to see you even bothered to read my opening post then. ;)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 04:20 PM
100,000-150,000 a week plus a 5,000,000 loan fee.Thats over 10,000,000 plus the medical bills for one year.Absolute madness:wallbash:.
So you already know what his wages are and what a loan fee would be, if it was even an option? EDIT: You give a pretty wide estimate for his wages. 100k a week would be be a lot less than 150k a week over a year's loan (more than 2.5m difference), so you don't really know what it would cost at all.

If we could afford it, I would take the risk, yes. But I don't think it will happen and my opinion wouldn't alter whether it did or not either. However, my opinion also doesn't require your condescending wallbash which can go do one.

Se9 eagles
23-07-2017, 05:47 PM
So you already know what his wages are and what a loan fee would be, if it was even an option? EDIT: You give a pretty wide estimate for his wages. 100k a week would be be a lot less than 150k a week over a year's loan (more than 2.5m difference), so you don't really know what it would cost at all.

If we could afford it, I would take the risk, yes. But I don't think it will happen and my opinion wouldn't alter whether it did or not either. However, my opinion also doesn't require your condescending wallbash which can go do one.

No need to get your knickers in a twist....

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-07-2017, 05:53 PM
No need to get your knickers in a twist....

No knickers are twisted. Just telling you that your dismissal of other opinions is annoying and unnecessary in a forum and thread for discussion.