PDA

View Full Version : Should Premier league loans be banned?

Tim
30-07-2017, 10:02 AM
They were debating this on the Monday Night club on 5 live the other week. David Pleat was adamant that they should be & that it could happen?

Timbo
30-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Hmmm that's is an interesting stance. On face value I think I like it but what was the actual proposal and what were the main arguments for either side?

Tim
30-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Hmmm that's is an interesting stance. On face value I think I like it but what was the actual proposal and what were the main arguments for either side?

It was mainly Pleat getting opinionated & saying that Premier league clubs should stand on their own merit.

Timbo
30-07-2017, 10:22 AM
It was mainly Pleat getting opinionated & saying that Premier league clubs should stand on their own merit.

But was it Prem to Prem loans or Prem to lower, or lower to Prem etc or external to Prem etc I am guessing he is talking about a loan like RLC and saying we should produce our own players

Tim
30-07-2017, 10:35 AM
But was it Prem to Prem loans or Prem to lower, or lower to Prem etc or external to Prem etc I am guessing he is talking about a loan like RLC and saying we should produce our own players

Exactly, They were talking about Prem to Prem loans like Loftus Cheek, Bamford & Tammy Abraham etc..

JAS78
30-07-2017, 10:43 AM

It's not about clubs producing their own players, it would be to help prevent certain clubs stockpiling any young player with an ounce of potential, despite having no real desire to play them.

rambo1
30-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Any Loan to a Club in the same League,used,Not to be Allowed.
I see the Sense in that,as you can't Influence other Results.

Santos-er
30-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Prem to Prom loans should not be allowed, plus no club should be allowed to loan out more than 8 players at any one time.

adrenalin john
30-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Prem to Prom loans should not be allowed, plus no club should be allowed to loan out more than 8 players at any one time.

More or less my thoughts. Definitely no prem to prem loans.

I would say you are allowed to loan out a total of 11 players in total. But only 1 over 23, up to 6 under 23 and up to 11 under 21.

So for instance you could loan one 26 year old (say to regain fitness after a long lay off) four 22 year olds to see if they can step up to first team championship football and then six teenagers to the lower leagues to get first team football experience.

That is what the loan system should be for.

I would also ban all loans and transfers between clubs that have connected ownership.

bodger
30-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Yes no prem to prem.

Timbo
30-07-2017, 07:30 PM
It's not about clubs producing their own players, it would be to help prevent certain clubs stockpiling any young player with an ounce of potential, despite having no real desire to play them.

So long as they are getting game time with someone what is the specific problem with "stockpiling"?

averity
30-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Chelsea stockpiling all the best young players and giving them massive wages. Is deffo something wrong with that, and regardless if they get minutes, deffo would be better for them actually playing and really trying for the cause! As a pose to just picking up a big check and not really giving a toss.

averity
30-07-2017, 07:41 PM
If bostock hadn't gone Spurs when he was fifteen. He would be loads better, had loads more game time, stayed out the limelight a little, would probably be playing for England!

Buysakho
30-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Max of 2 is a sensible rule . Sorry but as a club we haven't benefitted yet, Branford and remy not doing it. if Loftus-cheek has a good season , you may change your minds. He is a good example of an English player getting more experience of playing top level football through the system.

Dogburger
30-07-2017, 07:55 PM
I would say (as some have ) they should be banned between clubs in the same division and for anyone over 21 .

The big clubs would then have to make up their minds and sell players they are not sure about and players would have to decide if they want to be footballers or at best bench warmers .

averity
30-07-2017, 08:00 PM
surely a player who lives in lewisham, we would have had a good chance of signing him before chelsea did. In general I havnt got a problem with players getting loaned out etc, but Chelsea have got something like 30/40 players loaned out! Surely people can see that's too many ffs

tsunamiman
30-07-2017, 09:32 PM
They'll find away around the loan system even if it is banned. Sell with a buy back clause etc.

PeterH
31-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Max of 2 is a sensible rule . Sorry but as a club we haven't benefitted yet, Branford and remy not doing it. if Loftus-cheek has a good season , you may change your minds. He is a good example of an English player getting more experience of playing top level football through the system.

Sakho?