PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Giovani Lo Celso (Loan)

16eagles
31-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Apparently looked at this guy, don't know if we have approached source came from someone from another London club.. basically they have been interested loan I believe. Thought no harm to share here.

Personally seen a lot of PSG but never him. Young talented Argentine playmaker from what I been told/see online.

Anyone know him or more?

RisZero
31-07-2017, 10:06 PM
HA, as if we will ever sign an AMC :D

Bryan
31-07-2017, 10:28 PM
In his show reel he looks like a very "De Boer" type player. Could have legs.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-07-2017, 10:29 PM
In his show reel he looks like a very "De Boer" type player. Could have legs.

I'd certainly hope so. Otherwise I would really question our recruitment policy.

Mr Palace
31-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Ha! Love the old legs joke :-)

sky dancer
31-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Don't know him at all but his youtube clips show more than a bunch of good finishes and best of moments. You can see has quality. Vision and technique are top drawer.

Neckinger Eagle
31-07-2017, 11:36 PM
How does he qualify for a work permit?

sky dancer
01-08-2017, 02:54 AM
Transfermarkt site says he has both Argentinian and Italian citizenship.

elgin eagle
01-08-2017, 03:01 AM
Apparently looked at this guy, don't know if we have approached source came from someone from another London club.. basically they have been interested loan I believe. Thought no harm to share here.

Personally seen a lot of PSG but never him. Young talented Argentine playmaker from what I been told/see online.

Anyone know him or more?

Pros: possible Messi
Cons: no puns with name

Conclusion: move on

sky dancer
01-08-2017, 04:04 AM
More reminiscent of a 21 year old Cesc Fabregas than a 21 year old Messi.

But I take your point.

Sir.S.C Remembered
01-08-2017, 05:39 AM
Fabregas played much deeper. This guy looks a proper ACM and on a loan it is a no brainer no risk option. I know it is YouTube but he certainly looks to have technique and and eye for a pass and can pull them off. You never know if that will translate in the Prem, especially if he is a bit slight build wise, but on a loan (with no/low fee) and low wage contribution it would be a great low risk worth taking.

Problem is, unlikely to be able to sign him or afford him if he did well unless there was a fee agreed in advance. Same somewhat applies to Loftus Cheek though.

Crunchie
03-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Fabregas played much deeper. This guy looks a proper ACM and on a loan it is a no brainer no risk option. I know it is YouTube but he certainly looks to have technique and and eye for a pass and can pull them off. You never know if that will translate in the Prem, especially if he is a bit slight build wise, but on a loan (with no/low fee) and low wage contribution it would be a great low risk worth taking.

Problem is, unlikely to be able to sign him or afford him if he did well unless there was a fee agreed in advance. Same somewhat applies to Loftus Cheek though.

He plays deeper for Chelsea than he did for Arsenal, but they generally do the older they get.

elgin eagle
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
More reminiscent of a 21 year old Cesc Fabregas than a 21 year old Messi.

But I take your point.

Meh. Either is acceptable :)

Dedders
03-08-2017, 12:56 PM
We have limited number of loan spots so its only a no brainer if he is awesome

AJ's right boot
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
How does he qualify for a work permit?

Lots of Argentinian players have Italian passports, just like Jules. If he doesn't have dual nationality then he won't qualify.

Stellavista
03-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Lots of Argentinian players have Italian passports, just like Jules. If he doesn't have dual nationality then he won't qualify.

I'm pretty sure he does.

Sir.S.C Remembered
03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
He plays deeper for Chelsea than he did for Arsenal, but they generally do the older they get.

I think it's the other way around. Fabregas became more advanced at Barca. And then was the assist king further up the field also feeding Costa in his first season.

brooklynlou
03-08-2017, 06:23 PM
HA, as if we will ever sign an AMC :D

Yearning, pining, for one since Peter Taylor

GodstoneEagle
03-08-2017, 06:58 PM
He's really, really good but a number 10. Doesn't seem like an obvious fit

TWELLSEagle
03-08-2017, 08:17 PM
If we plan to play two inside forwards behind benteke then I'm not sure we need a number 10

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 08:25 PM
If we plan to play two inside forwards behind benteke then I'm not sure we need a number 10

We do. We desperately need a natural number 10.

And if you listen to the post match interview from after the Liverpool game with keshi Anderson he states the we are playing with 'two number 10's'

We need creativity.. we have zero through the middle at moment

TWELLSEagle
03-08-2017, 08:51 PM

And if you listen to the post match interview from after the Liverpool game with keshi Anderson he states the we are playing with 'two number 10's'

I think would like to see more creativity but if we are playing this 343 formation with two inside forwards then I think we can play Zaha and potentially Cabaye or Townsend there, maybe even RLC, as they will be close to benteke. Having said that, we do need the option of playing with a back 4, which would mean one in support of benteke, and that has to be a genuine no. 10, which we don't have currently

Martin H
03-08-2017, 10:07 PM

It's just a way to describe the players either side of Benteke. It's not a terrible shorthand but neither is it going to play exactly like a single 10 but I get why Keshi says that.

Billy Rhino
03-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Pros: possible Messi
Cons: no puns with name

Conclusion: move on

Those in the know would go for Celso, it's where the trade go.