PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates: CL and Europa League qualifiers 2nd/3rd August

kabbott
02-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Some matches of interest tonight and tomorrow night:

APOEL (Cyp) - FC Viitorul (Rou)
BATE (Blr) - Slavia Prague (Cze)
CSKA Moscow (Rus) - AEK Athens FC (Gre)
Basaksehir (Tur) - Club Brugge KV (Bel)
FC Copenhagen (Den) - Vardar (Mac)
Plzen (Cze) - FCSB (Rou)
Young Boys (Sui) - Dyn. Kiev (Ukr)
Hafnarfjordur (Ice) - Maribor (Slo)
Ludogorets (Bul) - H. Beer Sheva (Isr)

Ajax (Ned) - Nice (Fra)
Legia (Pol) - FC Astana (Kaz)
Olympiakos Piraeus (Gre) - Partizan (Srb)
Rijeka (Cro) - Salzburg (Aut)
Rosenborg (Nor) - Celtic (Sco)

kabbott
02-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Some interesting players to look out for in this match:

Ajax Amsterdam : Onana - Veltman, Sanchez, De Ligt, Viergever - Van de Beek, Schöne, Ziyech - Kluivert, Dolberg, Younes.

Nice : Cardinale - Souquet, Dante, Le Marchand, M. Sarr - Seri, Koziello - Lees-Melou, Srarfi, Eysseric - Plea.

Bipe
02-08-2017, 07:08 PM
I like the look of Plea. Bargain buy.

We must sign Onana for the obvious Rihanna based chant potential.

On a more serious note - would expect Rosenborg to turn Celtic over.

elgin eagle
02-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Trying to get a couple of tickets for Apollon vs Aberdeen tomorrow night. They won't like this heat or lack of seagulls.

kabbott
02-08-2017, 07:48 PM
I like the look of Plea. Bargain buy.

Yes, he came on really well last season. He's a product of the excellent Olympique Lyonnais "académie" but was released a couple of years ago (not sure if there was a fee involved). Ahead of him in the Lyon pecking order were Lacazette, Gomis and Lisandro López.

Highbury Eagle
02-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Display at Legia Warsaw tonight

elgin eagle
02-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Display at Legia Warsaw tonight

Wow. There's banners and there's banners. UEFA won't like that much.

britabroad
02-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Wow. There's banners and there's banners. UEFA won't like that much.

Agreed. That is just odd. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the relation between a football team from kazakhstan and the Waffen SS?:confused:

Ruskin Old Boy
02-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Pleased to see Lithuanian side Suduva (from Marijampolė) knock out "mighty" Sion in the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League this evening and reach the play off round.

Never got further than the 2nd qualifying round before.

kabbott
02-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Nice have equalised 2:2 with a sweet goal. They're through on away goals as it stands.

16eagles
02-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Yes, he came on really well last season. He's a product of the excellent Olympique Lyonnais "académie" but was released a couple of years ago (not sure if there was a fee involved). Ahead of him in the Lyon pecking order were Lacazette, Gomis and Lisandro López.

I Thought Serri might move on in summer.. Top player, we should make cheeky bid!

kabbott
02-08-2017, 09:58 PM
I Thought Serri might move on in summer.. Top player, we should make cheeky bid!

:D

He's an Ivory Coast international. Maybe Wilf should have a word!

He is very good. It's funny 'cos he only got into the team last season when Cyprien got injured.
Apparently Arsenal are interested. They're talking about 25m€.

The qualification or not of these teams to the CL is interesting. Ajax are totally out of European competitions now, so we may see other players moving. On the other hand the Nice players might be tempted to stick around for the season because even if they lose the next CL play-off match, they will qualify for the Europa League!