PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Andros Townsend - Summer 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

brooklynlou
07-07-2017, 01:02 PM
https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/07/blogs/premier-league/newcastle-in-touch-with-crystal-palace-over-townsend/

A couple of these have popped up inter NewsNow Palace feed.

Palacebear
07-07-2017, 01:16 PM
I can't see how we can sell any first team players, the squad is quite thin already.

Unless FDB has a like for like replacement at a lower transfer price.

Heb 7:4
07-07-2017, 01:17 PM
They've got no chance. He's finally settled and happy, likes Sammy Lee, has the fans on board and isn't going anywhere.

hdeagle
07-07-2017, 01:21 PM
North East journos need to stop creating this fantasy rumour which they started back in January when Palace told Newcastle that Andros Townsend was not available for transfer.

This smells the same as the Zaha to Spurs rumours which were fuelled by the media and denied by Palace.

Silly season is in full swing and as per usual Palace are being targeted by the rumour mongers.

SeanPalace84
07-07-2017, 01:46 PM
FFS, I hate football and the season hasn't even started yet. Would be completely ****ed off if he went back there.

Jasper
07-07-2017, 01:46 PM
They will be playing at least double what they sold him for if they want him back. He was superb in the 2nd half of the season.

Jasper
07-07-2017, 01:48 PM

gold76
07-07-2017, 02:19 PM
What was the catalyst for his turnaround in fortune?

One of the most villified buys after lazy and abject displays first half of the season, then player reborn..

Did he get a major rocket from Sam I wonder..

Mr Palace
07-07-2017, 02:20 PM

One of the most villified buys after lazy and abject displays first half of the season, then player reborn..

Sam and Sammy Lee and their superior man management. It can't be a coincidence.

Dr Mags
07-07-2017, 02:39 PM
https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/07/blogs/premier-league/newcastle-in-touch-with-crystal-palace-over-townsend/

A couple of these have popped up inter NewsNow Palace feed.

The article doesn't actually say anything.

steveholmesdale
07-07-2017, 03:32 PM
There was a good article from one of BFS new additions the sports scientist guy, he worked on improving everyone's diets, training etc. etc. and he quoted townsend who improved his running per game by 2km and other players also improved, cant remember where I saw the article, it may well be on cpfc.co.uk but was a very interesting article

Sam and Sammy Lee and their superior man management. It can't be a coincidence.

brooklynlou
07-07-2017, 03:36 PM
The article doesn't actually say anything.

More stuff dribbling in ...

http://www.nufcblog.com/2017/07/07/is-andros-townsend-still-a-transfer-target-of-rafa-benitez-this-summer/

Our understanding is that Andros still has a release contract of 13M in his contract, so if the Magpies are willing to pay that we are then allowed to talk to the player and discuss terms.

cpfc4evandeva
07-07-2017, 03:36 PM

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10705128/alan-pardew-sacked-as-crystal-palace-manager

cpfcben
07-07-2017, 03:39 PM
more bs

bradpitt
07-07-2017, 03:42 PM
He's not going anywhere

Jim Cannon
07-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Close thread

exiledeagle
07-07-2017, 03:54 PM
I assume he is still recovering from operation , not seen him in pre season videos

Reps AJ
07-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Sammy Lee. There was an interview with Townsend where he talked about it.

Think that plus the new fitness stuff they had him doing

Herb
07-07-2017, 04:39 PM
30 million pounds please.

brooklynlou
07-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Newcastle have been in constant contact with Premier League rivals Crystal Palace over the availability of former winger Andros Townsend, according to the Northern Echo.

The newspaper claim on their website that the Magpies have kept an open dialogue with officials at the south London side and are ready to pounce if there is any indication they are looking to offload the 25-year-old, who can operate on either flank.

orp pisshead1
07-07-2017, 04:46 PM

What a load of bollox:D

Mr Palace
07-07-2017, 04:55 PM
There was a good article from one of BFS new additions the sports scientist guy, he worked on improving everyone's diets, training etc. etc. and he quoted townsend who improved his running per game by 2km and other players also improved, cant remember where I saw the article, it may well be on cpfc.co.uk but was a very interesting article

I did see that and it perfectly summed up the more advanced coaching and management we saw under Allardyce and his team.

Shipp Ahoy!
07-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Why would we sign him for 13m and then put a 13m release clause in his contract?!

CPFC.1990
07-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Benitez was always going to go after Townsend. It's the worst kept secret in football surely? Nearly walked in Jan because he didn't get him.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
07-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Why would we sign him for 13m and then put a 13m release clause in his contract?!
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a 13m relegation clause in there but surely not a simple release clause?

Johnny Byrne
07-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Not. For. Sale.

Dannea
07-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Shouldn't even consider it. Unless they make silly offer.

cpfcfan1
07-07-2017, 07:19 PM
20 million + in today's market

Crybin Eagle
07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Gerodie shite they think there club is bigger than it is it's a yo yo club with delusional fans

DocSavage
08-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Gerodie shite they think there club is bigger than it is it's a yo yo club with delusional fans

it is big in terms of fan girth and self opinion

give it its due :supergrin:

cpfc_will
09-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Not to sure how true this is

danpalace07
09-07-2017, 07:14 PM
"Constant contact"?

NUFC: "give us Andros back"
CPFC: "no, **** off"
NUFC: "how about now?"
CPFC: "no"

repeat until deadline day, with opinion pieces from the Jawdee Nation explaining why Andros should leave tinpot Palace for the Barca of the North East. They get 50k screaming geordies at every game and have Rafa "better than Guardiola and Zidane" Benitez, don't you know

Maidstone Eagle
09-07-2017, 08:17 PM
My view is that Newcastle fans have a massive chip on their shoulders.

They say they are a "big" Club but in what way?

Townshend left them to help his chances with England and to play in the premier league.

Newcastle fans cannot stand that he left let alone for Palace.

Their vitriolic attitude particularly toward Alan Pardew does them great discredit

Townshend is too good for them as are Palace.

Grow up !!!!!

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 08:53 PM
They say they are a "big" Club but in what way

They're only behind the current top 7 and Villa in the all time English football standings. They're definitely a big club, the issue arises when their supporters think that entitles them to success. Like Arsenal lite.

Shipp Ahoy!
09-07-2017, 09:35 PM
20 million + in today's market

In today's market (Lukaku 100m) Townsend is closer to 40m than 20m!

Thefunkymonk
09-07-2017, 09:41 PM
They're only behind the current top 7 and Villa in the all time English football standings. They're definitely a big club, the issue arises when their supporters think that entitles them to success. Like Arsenal lite.

Big club or historic club? One team city with success in the distant past.

CP-RJW
09-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Big club or historic club? One team city with success in the distant past.
Isn't that what a big club is, based on historic success? Like how we're a better team than Villa, Leeds, Forest etc but not a bigger club.

palace_burger
10-07-2017, 12:40 AM
Would those fans want him? Surely he jumped ship as soon as they were relegated

Jim Cannon
10-07-2017, 05:05 AM
Isn't that what a big club is, based on historic success? Like how we're a better team than Villa, Leeds, Forest etc but not a bigger club.

Not exactly. Huddersfield won some titles in the 1930s, not exactly thought of as a big club

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Would those fans want him? Surely he jumped ship as soon as they were relegated

Judging by Twitter, they love him. Loads of them spent last season telling him to 'come home' every 5 minutes.

Nigelbrag
10-07-2017, 07:16 AM
I would not be in the least bit surprised if this was to happen, i mentioned this before.
This could be seen by their Board as a fans "favourite" summer signing and would go down well with them, and being honest probably even with Townsend as i don't feel he has looked totally comfortable at Palace.
If it was to go ahead, a realistic fee in my opinion would be say 22m plus Tim Krul, no good fans dreaming with his inconsistent play his value is way above this level.

Lombardo's hair
10-07-2017, 07:54 AM
My view is that Newcastle fans have a massive chip on their shoulders.

They say they are a "big" Club but in what way?

Townshend left them to help his chances with England and to play in the premier league.

Newcastle fans cannot stand that he left let alone for Palace.

Their vitriolic attitude particularly toward Alan Pardew does them great discredit

Townshend is too good for them as are Palace.

Grow up !!!!!

They will quote the attendance at matches as part of argument forgetting that before the keegan era they only got 12k attending. Same as us before promotion. Except we can't get any more thsn 25k in our stadium lie they can
And there is only one team in their bleak city we've got lots in ours and Man U and Liverpool to contend eith

Owngoal
10-07-2017, 08:02 AM
I would not be in the least bit surprised if this was to happen, i mentioned this before.
This could be seen by their Board as a fans "favourite" summer signing and would go down well with them, and being honest probably even with Townsend as i don't feel he has looked totally comfortable at Palace.
If it was to go ahead, a realistic fee in my opinion would be say 22m plus Tim Krul, no good fans dreaming with his inconsistent play his value is way above this level.

If he goes it needs to be for substantially more than we paid, young Woodman rather than Krull. Tim is not wanted for both current ability and high wages at Newcastle.

CharlieCPFC
10-07-2017, 08:25 AM
A confident and fit Townsend is on paper one of our best players in my eyes.

adman50
10-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Makes no sense to sell.

eddieskyclad
10-07-2017, 08:42 AM
They will quote the attendance at matches as part of argument forgetting that before the keegan era they only got 12k attending. Same as us before promotion. Except we can't get any more thsn 25k in our stadium lie they can
And there is only one team in their bleak city we've got lots in ours and Man U and Liverpool to contend eith

Since ww2 Newcastle have only had 3 seasons when they averaged less than 20000 and never less than 16000... 50000 fans show up week in week out and have done since their capacity went up. They may not be the most successful club but they've won the fact cup 6 times, the old first division 4 times and had a great run in the late 90s. They've spent 85 years of 113 in the top flight. In comparison we're about to start our 5th successive season in the top flight for the first time in our history.

To try and suggest they're a similar size is just silly. Like cp said we are a better team but not yet a bigger club.

RisZero
10-07-2017, 08:48 AM
First half of last season I would have been all for this but under BFS he was completely transformed and I suspect actually one of our most important players, so very much a no from me beyond bringing in some wonder replacement.

GreatGonzo
10-07-2017, 09:02 AM
If we could get a fee over 20m for him and use that to find not only a replacement but a 3rd wide option then that would be good business.

Find the replacements first before selling though.

eaglejez
10-07-2017, 09:41 AM
we must must not sell

BillyTKid
10-07-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm surprised people would be willing to sell. Once Sam came in he was our best player. Young, English and a phenomenal engine. So way would I sell but if we do the price needs to be beyond Bolasie money.

CPFC.1990
10-07-2017, 09:52 AM
I would have been happy for him to go in Jan just to get him off the wage bill. Now think he's redeemed himself, but he should be ashamed of the lack of effort he put in at the start. Whether he liked the manager or not he has a duty to the fans to give 100% not sulk.

I wouldn't be gutted if he goes, but would be happy if he stays. Personally I think he will be a Newcastle player before August due to Benitez's high opinion of him.

art malice
10-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Judging by Twitter, they love him. Loads of them spent last season telling him to 'come home' every 5 minutes.

Didn't think they liked 'Cockneys'.

bigend1
10-07-2017, 10:30 AM
If we could get a fee over 20m for him and use that to find not only a replacement but a 3rd wide option then that would be good business.

Find the replacements first before selling though.

Find replacement first yes but 20m...

Wouldn't even buy as good a replacement let alone have change left!

Double that if you want 2 decent players

bigend1
10-07-2017, 10:31 AM
35m if we think we can get yannick back now pards has gone!

brighton_eagle
10-07-2017, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't want to sell him, but surely as a young England international he'd be north of 35 million in today's market?

Biggineagle
10-07-2017, 10:36 AM
A confident and fit Townsend is on paper one of our best players in my eyes.:p

RisZero
10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
35m if we think we can get yannick back now pards has gone!

I am starting to wonder where Yannick, their record signing last season, fits into this new Everton side with both Sig and Gray still rumored to be coming on top of existing business

Biggineagle
10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Keep.

WashDCEagle
15-07-2017, 07:36 PM
We should not be selling Andros. He's fitting in nicely. There are stretches of time when he can disappear a bit, but when he's in form, he's doing a good job. I don't think anyone would pay what we'd ask. He means too much to us at this time.

Jim Cannon
15-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Utter nonsense we should even consider selling him

Shipp Ahoy!
15-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Random bump?

It's not happening. It's a lazy cheap story - something Andros is certainly not!

Grim Reaper
15-07-2017, 08:13 PM
One of those sales that if it happened just wouldnt make sense (unless it was mega bucks)

It's not like in previpus years where we were desperate/keen for money (pick your favoutote fire sale player - Svennson, Jansen, Tuttle etc.)

FourtyTwo
15-07-2017, 08:34 PM
One of those sales that if it happened just wouldnt make sense (unless it was mega bucks)

It's not like in previpus years where we were desperate/keen for money (pick your favoutote fire sale player - Svennson, Jansen, Tuttle etc.)

Craig Moore - single best centre back I've seen for us! Thorn / Young a better pairing, but Moore was a class above!

kyrieagle
15-07-2017, 09:20 PM
We need him . Quality hard working player .
Will suit the new manager

Nigelbrag
16-07-2017, 07:51 AM
I would not be totally dismissive of this rumour, he could well be seen as Newcastle's "major" summer signing to pacify their fans and make every effort to pull it off. Just wonder if Townsend would turn it down?

Jim Cannon
16-07-2017, 12:31 PM
I would not be totally dismissive of this rumour, he could well be seen as Newcastle's "major" summer signing to pacify their fans and make every effort to pull it off. Just wonder if Townsend would turn it down?

I think Newcastle need to think again if they think they can just nip in and sign an important player from us. We have a new manager who means business and is clearly looking to strengthen our team and squad. Of course Newcastle are a bigger club than we are but they don't actually have a team that will do much this season and Townsend could really shine this season and seal a place at the workd cup. Don't see him going anywhere

Nigelbrag
16-07-2017, 01:13 PM
I think Newcastle need to think again if they think they can just nip in and sign an important player from us. We have a new manager who means business and is clearly looking to strengthen our team and squad. Of course Newcastle are a bigger club than we are but they don't actually have a team that will do much this season and Townsend could really shine this season and seal a place at the workd cup. Don't see him going anywhere

I am not suggesting we get rid off especially if we see a fully committed Townsend as when we saw towards the end of the season he is a big asset, but unfortunately we did also see the other side quite often.
With Newcastle struggling to bring in signings, a "name" to pacify the fans? i just wonder, and by bringing back an old favourite might do the trick. I also think if a bid around 23-25m might well tempt FdB, knowing he is able to bring in good alternatives at sensible fees which will balance the books, especially with the future spending he may have in mind.

Eagle's Away
16-07-2017, 01:41 PM
I think what Andros wants is a big factor. The chance to play under FDB or Rafa Benitez? FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.

RisZero
16-07-2017, 01:45 PM
FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.

Yes Rafa only managed to win the Champions League among many other things, what a scrub :hmph:

west country boy
16-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Craig Moore - single best centre back I've seen for us! Thorn / Young a better pairing, but Moore was a class above!We didn't sell Moore - iirc we couldn't afford to keep up the payments so the huns took him back.

Sir.S.C Remembered
17-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Yes Rafa only managed to win the Champions League among many other things, what a scrub :hmph:

His record is so over rated. Vastly so. Spent buckets at Liverpool and only had 1 decent season in the league.

Sure he's great if you are into cups over the league bread and butter. And if you are find with huge spending without raising the expectation level.

Went to depth on his record in a recent pod.

jimmy the gent
17-07-2017, 12:25 AM
If he signed for Newcastle now, he'd have made a very tidy sum in contract dealings, and no doubt, pay increases over the last twelve months. Fact is the vast majority of footballers would take that in a heartbeat. Be gutted, but not surprised, if he's a Newcastle player come September.

jimmy the gent
17-07-2017, 12:27 AM
FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.

Do what mate?

jimmy the gent
17-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Who'd want to play for a loser like Benitiez....

EFL Championship, with Newcastle United FC in May 2017.
Italian Super Cup, with SCC Napoli in December 2014.
Italian Cup, with SSC Napoli in May 2014.
UEFA Europa League, with Chelsea FC on May 15, 2013.
FIFA Club World Club Cup, in December 2010 with Inter Milan.
Italian Super Cup, August 2010 with Inter Milan.
Community Shield, with Liverpool FC in August 2006.
FA CUP, with Liverpool FC on May 13, 2006.

European Super Cup with Liverpool FC in August 2005.
UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on May 25, 2005.
UEFA Cup with Valencia CF SAD on May 19, 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2002.

Promotions:

To Premier League, with Newcastle United FC in May 2017.
To First Division (La liga), with the SAD CD Tenerife in June 2001.
To First Division (La liga), with the CF Extremadura SAD in May 1998.

red&blue_moomin
17-07-2017, 11:45 AM
I think what Andros wants is a big factor. The chance to play under FDB or Rafa Benitez? FDB may be a bit of an unknown but I would think he is infinitely more impressive than Rafa.

Ummmmm It's not like Rafa Benitez isn't an internationally renowned manager won several cups including the Champions league, couple of league titles.

gamesmeister
17-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Townsend clearly enjoyed himself during the second half of last season, so is unlikely to be in a hurry to return to Newcastle.

Add to that the fact that's he's an extremely important player for us and is in contract until 2021, there's not a chance in hell he will be leaving us for them unless there is silly money involved.

GreatGonzo
17-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Who'd want to play for a loser like Benitiez....

EFL Championship, with Newcastle United FC in May 2017.
Italian Super Cup, with SCC Napoli in December 2014.
Italian Cup, with SSC Napoli in May 2014.
UEFA Europa League, with Chelsea FC on May 15, 2013.
FIFA Club World Club Cup, in December 2010 with Inter Milan.
Italian Super Cup, August 2010 with Inter Milan.
Community Shield, with Liverpool FC in August 2006.
FA CUP, with Liverpool FC on May 13, 2006.

European Super Cup with Liverpool FC in August 2005.
UEFA Champions League, with Liverpool FC on May 25, 2005.
UEFA Cup with Valencia CF SAD on May 19, 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2004.
Premier League (La liga), with Valencia CF SAD in May 2002.

So about half are 50:50 matches or invitational competitions where they were the biggest team?

He did really well with Valencia but i think they spent a huge amount of money didn't they, from which they have struggled to recover?

Did well with Liverpool, again spending money and had an FA Cup and CL to his credit but still nowhere near the PL title. Chelsea were about the biggest team in the Europa League and spend fortunes in comparison to the others.

Newcastle spent a ridiculous amount of money to win the Championship last year. Think their spend was more than a few PL clubs managed last season. Now they are not out spending money reports start to gather that he is not happy.

RPizzey
17-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Nonsense, hes happy at Palace and we need him

orp pisshead1
17-07-2017, 01:34 PM
In terms of W/C he's probably better with us too :p

tsunamiman
17-07-2017, 01:40 PM
So about half are 50:50 matches or invitational competitions where they were the biggest team?

He did really well with Valencia but i think they spent a huge amount of money didn't they, from which they have struggled to recover?

Did well with Liverpool, again spending money and had an FA Cup and CL to his credit but still nowhere near the PL title. Chelsea were about the biggest team in the Europa League and spend fortunes in comparison to the others.

Newcastle spent a ridiculous amount of money to win the Championship last year. Think their spend was more than a few PL clubs managed last season. Now they are not out spending money reports start to gather that he is not happy.

Newcastle had a negative net spend of like 30mill last year....so they were just replacing what they had lost.

Also, personal opinions on how good a manager he is aside. To say FdB is a bigger draw than Rafa is ludicrous.

scro
17-07-2017, 01:40 PM

He's currently done a fair bit more than FDB. He is a top manager and newcastle did very well to land him and keep him.

I am not sure we will let Townsend go all the same. Just as he started to show his worth under big sam. No point running down a top manager though.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
17-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Surely with Murphy on his way to Newcastle any transfer of Townsend is (even more) unlikely.

cpfcfan1
17-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Thought he was off in January, don't think he is now though.

DaveP
02-08-2017, 10:16 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4158364/mark-hughes-plotting-15million-andros-townsend-bid-to-replace-marko-arnautovic/

MARK HUGHES is readying a 15million bid for Andros Townsend to replace Marko Arnautovic.

Stoke boss Sparky sold fan favourite Arnautovic to West Ham last month in a 24m deal and needs a quality replacement as a matter of urgency.

Stellavista
02-08-2017, 10:17 PM
They can f*ck right off. 20m plus add ons. :)

RisZero
02-08-2017, 10:18 PM
15m :jerkit:

mb23
02-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Ha.

Jim Cannon
02-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Fingers in my ears not listening

CPFC.1990
02-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Blimey. I thought Newcastle would have made a move by now not Stoke.

I like Townsend but you'd be pretty pissed off if you replaced Arnautovic with Townsend.

CPFC.1990
02-08-2017, 10:21 PM
If Arnautovic is only worth 24m than I would say 15m looks reasonable, unless Arnautovic was nearing the end of his contract....?

RisZero
02-08-2017, 10:26 PM
If Arnautovic is only worth 24m than I would say 15m looks reasonable, unless Arnautovic was nearing the end of his contract....?

Dont think he was, but he had handed in his transfer request.

In any case its just as important how much we value Townsend in our team, as how much Stoke valued an Arnautovic that didnt want to be with them.

CPFC.1990
02-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Lokilo is obviously going to be in De Boer's immediate plans and from what i've seen he's more of a Zaha type player. Maybe Townsend won't fit in our new system?

cpfcben
02-08-2017, 10:49 PM
15m is a joke offer for a key player. We already have hardly any offensive options. No way would he want to go to Stoke. Next

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
02-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Would be very surprised if this happened, unless as CPFC.1990 FDB does think he doesn't quite fit the new system. However, even then, he would surely cost a lot more than that. Must be worth in the region of 30m, possibly a bit more.

I have wondered whether Andros will happy in the new role though.

SmokeyStover7
02-08-2017, 10:58 PM
No chance. We already need another winger.

carter
02-08-2017, 11:00 PM
No way would he want to go to Stoke. Next

Really? A team that would play him right wing where he wants to play or keep being used as a wing back where your wasted? Know what I'd rather

I like Townsend a lot but if FdB is gonna keep wasting him at wing back we may as well just sell. Hasn't once been used in the front 3 this summer which he should

Martin H
02-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Hope this isn't true. I am looking forward to him proving how well he can play in that wide right role in the 343. :)

croydonexile
02-08-2017, 11:12 PM
������

cpfcben
02-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Really? A team that would play him right wing where he wants to play or keep being used as a wing back where your wasted? Know what I'd rather

I like Townsend a lot but if FdB is gonna keep wasting him at wing back we may as well just sell. Hasn't once been used in the front 3 this summer which he should
Started every game so far. Great cross for the goal on saturday. Complete no brainer.

laths
02-08-2017, 11:29 PM
If he wants to go to that pigsty town of Stoke, then he needs his head testing , but in this money mad prem, wouldn't surprise me.

brooklynlou
02-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Can't be the 343 as we'd play that only if needed, not every game.

When the Newcastle fans were making noises about him coming back they said he had a similar out clause with us as he had with them. Maybe he likes the payday / threat of jumping from club to club every year.

bigend1
02-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Pure crap must be. He's even more essential to us in 343 the he was. Stoke don't have the money to sign him from us, we wouldn't accept what they could offer

Timbo
02-08-2017, 11:51 PM
������

Are you suggesting we play Townsend in a six man diamond formation? Hats off man, you are a tactical genius!!

CharlieCPFC
03-08-2017, 02:48 AM
15M plus Joe Allen and deal.

Although I'd imagine Townsend will be growing frustration playing as a RWB as opposed to being in that 3 up top.

Ralph
03-08-2017, 05:25 AM
Am I right in thinking Hughes had left QPR before Townesend joined them on loan??

Worksop Palace
03-08-2017, 05:31 AM
Mark Hughes is an absolute ****

That is all

mroakley9
03-08-2017, 05:38 AM
if we're selling townsend, we better be working on hijacking that neymar deal i swear to ******* god

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Haha... 15m... good one.

Jim Cannon
03-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Lokilo is obviously going to be in De Boer's immediate plans and from what i've seen he's more of a Zaha type player. Maybe Townsend won't fit in our new system?

Who the hell is Lokilo

Latvian
03-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Did they get Martins Indi in the end?

bubbs11
03-08-2017, 05:57 AM
This one's so left field that it worries me there's some truth to it.

CoDownEagle
03-08-2017, 05:57 AM
15m seems reasonable.

eagle69
03-08-2017, 06:00 AM
15m seems reasonable.

For his non playing foot

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 06:05 AM
15m seems reasonable.

Brit assambolonga went to boro for 15m. Championship player.

England international at prime age will not be going for 15m.

Stellavista
03-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Who the hell is Lokilo

Yes, I've seen him mentioned, but have no idea. Youth player with potential?

chatham_eagle
03-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Young winger signed from a Belgian team (Edit - Anderlecht) a couple of years ago.

Malarkey
03-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Would be a backwards move both for Palace and for Townsend.

bubbs11
03-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Lokilo started against Metz last Saturday on the right in a 3 up top with Benteke and Zaha.

https://image.ibb.co/kjJiUv/IMG_3021.jpg

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/teams/u23-team/player3/jason-lokilo/

Lombardo's hair
03-08-2017, 06:39 AM

TStoke are readying a bid......so they haven't made ome and we haven't accepted one which equals a rumour. He is worth at least as much as arnautovich ....Probably more. Mainly because I don't see what the fuss is about arnautovich Scores the odd worldy possibly and that's it. Another player who honestly has an over inflated reputation

Nostrils
03-08-2017, 06:42 AM
I haven't read it because it's The Sun, but even if Stoke were planning a move, I don't think we'd be letting him go and certainly not for 15m. Lokilo looked like he will be some player in a couple of years, but still has the frame of a schoolboy. Add to that Townsend playing most of every game so far, his linking up with Benteke was very good, crossing very good, he's very fit and rarely injured, it would be a seriously strange move imo, for us and him.

I've wondered if Townsend and Milivojevic playing out of their preferred positions is more because they are capable there, allowing the team to effectively be able to pass out from the back and with a rwb so as a whole squad become more familiar with the new system. This would allow them to train while we get a proper rwb and Tomkins and Dann get properly fit again. This is my hope anyway.

Malarkey
03-08-2017, 06:42 AM

Based on one friendly appearance? Unless I missed another?

Townsend needs to stay.

Jim Cannon
03-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Based on one friendly appearance? Unless I missed another?

Townsend needs to stay.

I'm sure Mutch has also done enough to work his way into the gaffer's plans after his display at Maidstone:supergrin:

Zohar's Penalty
03-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Wake up hoping for a rumour of incoming deals and see this. **** off Hughes, **** off Stoke, if you wanted him you should've bid in January when we all thought he was shit. He's quality now, and so we're keeping him.

New LP
03-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Selling our best players and replacing them with kids will result in relegation.

AddoWolz
03-08-2017, 07:07 AM
No way should Townshend be allowed to leave, one of the few players we've got that can carry the ball from defence to attack , we need to keep him.

cpfcfan1
03-08-2017, 07:08 AM
This transfer window is turning out to be rather tiresome

mb23
03-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Won't be happening.

Billyd
03-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Townsend looking for a move im afraid.....

BillyTKid
03-08-2017, 07:17 AM
No chance. Got a long contract and we wouldn't sell him for under 25m.

Martin H
03-08-2017, 07:18 AM
I haven't read it because it's The Sun, but even if Stoke were planning a move, I don't think we'd be letting him go and certainly not for 15m. Lokilo looked like he will be some player in a couple of years, but still has the frame of a schoolboy. Add to that Townsend playing most of every game so far, his linking up with Benteke was very good, crossing very good, he's very fit and rarely injured, it would be a seriously strange move imo, for us and him.

I've wondered if Townsend and Milivojevic playing out of their preferred positions is more because they are capable there, allowing the team to effectively be able to pass out from the back and with a rwb so as a whole squad become more familiar with the new system. This would allow them to train while we get a proper rwb and Tomkins and Dann get properly fit again. This is my hope anyway.

The only thing that would make sense at that price would be if there was a Release clause which of course there was at Newcastle but that was only triggered I think by relegation. So fingers crossed on that not being the case.

It's a reasonable punt by media and/or Stoke because if a winger was to be told he is to play RB it's fair to assume they might be unhappy. It's not RB, it's a 343 RWB and maybe even Journos don't understand the difference. But if you watch Andros' games for BFS and for FDB I would say there wasn't that so much difference between what he was doing on the ball. Would love to see heatmaps too. If anything I think it suits him running at them instead of turning but it's early days. Differences are certainly nothing like it sounds from the labels. Some great crosses, dribbles. There could be a genuine issue brewing but there hasn't been any sign of that yet and I really hope not. His England future could be a concern unless they look like they might change.

From afar it makes sense for Stoke and even if they expected something nearer 20m they would hardly start there.

Re your second para - I am not sure. At first I thought that was probably the case re Luka because trying to play 343 with defenders that can't play the right way undermines the whole approach and so slotting him there makes sense. Other than experience, he actually has all of the attributes for the role and maybe if he had developed in Holland, that is where he would be played anyway. The problem is that experience and to some extent his willingness/desire to make it work.

Re Andros I am less convinced. RWB is where the wingers play in a 343 - I
I.e. Moses. I am sure he can play in the forward role in the front 3 but it is possibly more of a change than playing RWB. This sounds odd but it is the labels that are misleading.

But like everyone else I don't have a clue, :(

Just hoping he stays. He got a really rough ride on here and his performances have won everyone over. If we weren't blessed with Wilf he would be appreciated even more. show him some luv. :)

Crystal Glitter
03-08-2017, 07:19 AM
The thought of losing Townsend for 15 mil makes me feel a bit :veryangry

mushroom
03-08-2017, 07:26 AM

He's played one pre-season friendly

tsunamiman
03-08-2017, 07:29 AM
If he was available for 15 million he'd already be back in Newcastle by now.

Stinger1
03-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Not worried about this one. If Stoke offer 20+ we might consider it but otherwise we don't need to sell.

El Aguila
03-08-2017, 07:31 AM

Pretty sure there's an element of that and that it points to where FDB wants reinforcements. The players should just regard it as more strings to their bows. They've both done pretty well there.

fang
03-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Not worried about this one. If Stoke offer 20+ we might consider it but otherwise we don't need to sell.

Money aside, Stoke and Hughes aren't not much of a pull.

eaglejez
03-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Ridiculous

Spindle
03-08-2017, 08:01 AM
They are making shit up because transfers are a bit quiet atm.

Wanky rag.

GB2506
03-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Blimey. I thought Newcastle would have made a move by now not Stoke.

I like Townsend but you'd be pretty pissed off if you replaced Arnautovic with Townsend.

Would rather have Townsend

Silks&Tekkers
03-08-2017, 08:09 AM
I cannot see this being true. We are paper thin in attacking areas and would expect more additions, not any more players leaving.

It is a frustrating transfer window but it seems it's extremely inflated so I would expect 25m+ for Andros at the least with a couple of replacements lined up. Kasper Dolberg, Lucas Perez or Nabil Fekir would be players I would like to see.

Nigelbrag
03-08-2017, 08:12 AM
IF there is any truth in this rumour and i think there could well be legs to this, as for the fee 15m it is as per normal a starting point, i would say the likely fee will be around 20m which would help towards the rebuilding that is clearly needed for the system FdB has in mind.
Should we sell? if we insist on Townsend being RWB then Yes, as he does not have much idea of the defending side of the role which leaves us wide open defensively.
I have said this before we either use him as a Winger in a Front Three or Not at all, if Van der Weil can be bought for around 4m and played on the Right with Van Arnholt on the other side, is that not a better balance? One thing is for sure we are a long way off from having a settled system/team with many changes still needed, which could prove to be problematic in the weeks ahead.

Scoot
03-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Townsend looking for a move im afraid.....

Really? says who?

GreatGonzo
03-08-2017, 08:21 AM

Wanky rag.

They got rid of page 3 didn't they?

Owngoal
03-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Wanky rag.

Is the most likely answer and our fans on here should not take it seriously

Stinger1
03-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Really? says who?

He probably doesn't fancy playing wing back in fairness.

exiledeagle
03-08-2017, 08:30 AM
The only reason I could see him being tempted to go if he does not enjoy the role FDB wants him to play . A little bit concerned about Luka as he has already said he prefers to play in midfield and is not comfortable at the back .

eaglejez
03-08-2017, 08:32 AM
I know football is all about opinions but anyone who actually thinks selling Townsend, let alone for less than 30m in this stupid market, simply should not be taken seriously and should be banned immediately from the BBS

Sceagle
03-08-2017, 08:33 AM
LOL - absolutely no chance of this happening

Martin H
03-08-2017, 08:34 AM
LOL - absolutely no chance of this happening

Holding you to that one Sceagle.

aj4england
03-08-2017, 08:40 AM
30m and that will do

N Herts Eagle
03-08-2017, 09:08 AM
He probably doesn't fancy playing wing back in fairness. Its an interesting one, could depend on Southgate. World Cup comes up at the end of the season. If Southgate goes for a back three playing the role for us may help Townsend. The view by some journalists is that a few teams will adopt 3-4-3 following Chelseas success last season. So Southgate may go for it with England.

Danny boy
03-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Can we just sign a RWB already so Townsend isn't going to be pissed off playing out of position...

averity
03-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Stoke are dreaming,

Chris K
03-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Dear Stoke,

**** off

Regards
Chris

SeanPalace84
03-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Haha, this has made my day. Bloody Stoke :D

WLYWLYAWYPWF
03-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Wonder if this is just a retaliotary bid to piss us off after our Martins Indi offer.

Shipsisourking
03-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Next door neighbour works at the stoke training ground, he asked me yesterday evening if I'd heard about this, so may be more than that nonce rag stirring shit!

Kirby
03-08-2017, 09:54 AM
15m lol.

Stoke lol.

Stavros 69
03-08-2017, 09:55 AM
With the massive inflation in prices, he's prob wroth 22-25m without having to do anything.
If we got that and had a decent replacement I'd let him go.

Ralph
03-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Next door neighbour works at the stoke training ground, he asked me yesterday evening if I'd heard about this, so may be more than that nonce rag stirring shit!

Or your neighbour reads the Sun too.

Shipsisourking
03-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Or your neighbour reads the Sun too.

Told me yesterday and he's from Stoke so doubt he can read :)

CharlieCPFC
03-08-2017, 10:01 AM
To be fair he was exceptional against Stoke at home this season when we beat them 4-1.

Martin H
03-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Can we just sign a RWB already so Townsend isn't going to be pissed off playing out of position...

Bu then he would be even more p**** off because he would likely risk end up being a sub for Wilf. It's very unlikely that we would play with 2 wingbacks with 2 wingers in front of them. It's not just unlikely - it would be weird. It's one thing leveraging Wilf's natural ability to play in the LF role and allowing him to adjust but Andros is very much a winger. Better to have a proper RF.

palacea
03-08-2017, 10:06 AM
30 Million nothing lower. Different market from last year, and he had a release clause last year.

CPFC.1990
03-08-2017, 10:19 AM
It looked likely he was going for 13m in January to Newcastle. Now people are saying he is worth 17m more in 8 months?

CPFC.1990
03-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Brit assambolonga went to boro for 15m. Championship player.

England international at prime age will not be going for 15m.

But De Boer has had time to get to know the squad now and if he doesn't want Townsend then it's better we cash in and use the money for someone he does want.

El Aguila
03-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Yes, the market's changed and his form has, too. Radically.

dowieslovechild
03-08-2017, 10:23 AM
It looked likely he was going for 13m in January to Newcastle. Now people are saying he is worth 17m more in 8 months?

All players values have shot up. Thank Sky and BT Sport

whereEaglesFly
03-08-2017, 10:33 AM

Well yeah because up until January he was rubbish for us mainly but since then really stepped up, quite obvious really

BillyTKid
03-08-2017, 10:35 AM

Because he was our best player once Sam came in and prices have generally gone up at least 50% since January.

bigend1
03-08-2017, 10:46 AM

13m was a relegation release clause I think.. ie.. artificially lower. Prices have been rising at an exponential rate over this time. He was worth more my the market then and is worth a lot lot more by the market now.

We'll struggle to replace him for less than 30 at either rwb, rw, lw, or in a front three

palacea
03-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Seriously cannot use speculation, let alone speculation of a price last January.

Wein
03-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Who said he was going in January? Apart from you we had no bids from anyone for him just paper talk about Newcastle which was Bollocks

CPFC.1990
03-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Who said he was going in January? Apart from you we had no bids from anyone for him just paper talk about Newcastle which was Bollocks

No it wasn't. Benitez almost quit because he wanted him so badly.

burgess hill 84
03-08-2017, 10:59 AM
More chance of us buying Neymar than Andros going to Stoke.

Zulu84
03-08-2017, 11:04 AM
13m was a relegation release clause I think.. ie.. artificially lower. Prices have been rising at an exponential rate over this time. He was worth more my the market then and is worth a lot lot more by the market now.

We'll struggle to replace him for less than 30 at either rwb, rw, lw, or in a front three

That's the truth, Townsend is one of our most valuable assets, replacing in him for anywhere near what we paid for him would be impossible.

hdeagle
03-08-2017, 11:05 AM
You only have to look at the source of this rumour to give it a wide berth like many others that they conjure up out of thin air regarding Palace and our players.

TWELLSEagle
03-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Swap for Bojan

GreatGonzo
03-08-2017, 11:45 AM
More chance of us buying Neymar than Andros going to Stoke.

Well his move to PSG is hitting problems so maybe you have something there!

gamesmeister
03-08-2017, 11:45 AM
No it wasn't. Benitez almost quit because he wanted him so badly.

And yet miraculously he didn't. :rolleyes:

It's utter nonsense to suggest he'd quit over Townsend when it was completely out of Newcastle's control. Just more bollocks designed to sell papers or generate clicks.

Jim Cannon
03-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Look at the prices players are going for at the moment. He's an England international in good form, 15M is a joke

Jim Cannon
03-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Swap for Bojan

Another sicknote, no thanks

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 12:09 PM
But De Boer has had time to get to know the squad now and if he doesn't want Townsend then it's better we cash in and use the money for someone he does want.

If he doesn't want Townsend which I highly doubt.. and wanted to cash in on him.. we still wouldn't sell for 15m. We sold bolasie for 28m... we ain't gonna sell an England international 1 year into his contract for 15m..

If we were to let him go I suspect it will be round the same fee as they sold arnautovic... but he won't be sold

jimos_uk
03-08-2017, 12:11 PM
If he doesn't want Townsend which I highly doubt.. and wanted to cash in on him.. we still wouldn't sell for 15m. We sold bolasie for 28m... we ain't gonna sell an England international 1 year into his contract for 15m..

If we were to let him go I suspect it will be round the same fee as they sold arnautovic... but he won't be sold

I think you're right. I also do not think FDB is in a selling mood, aside of a few fringe players.

Sydenham Eagle
03-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Because he was our best player once Sam came in and prices have generally gone up at least 50% since January.
So just to establish your position, you thought that Townsend played better than Zaha, Luka and Sakho under Allardyce?

RisZero
03-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Again I find myself wondering how much someone like Demarai Gray would cost

jimos_uk
03-08-2017, 12:22 PM

A lot more than if we'd followed through on our interest a while back, that's for sure.

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 12:28 PM

Bournemouth had 20m bid rejected today apparently

BillyTKid
03-08-2017, 12:37 PM
So just to establish your position, you thought that Townsend played better than Zaha, Luka and Sakho under Allardyce?

Sakho only played a handful of games. I would say he was as good as those, probably got an average higher rating than Luka is my mind.

Zulu84
03-08-2017, 12:50 PM

I think what we can probably all agree on is that Townsend had the biggest turn around in terms of performance under Sam which has substantial changed his market value from 7 months ago.

Stinger1
03-08-2017, 12:53 PM

I would love it if we could get Demarai Gray but I'd imagine he's worth 15 million more than Townsend is worth.

RisZero
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Push the Townsend fee to 20m, get Gray for a net spend of something like 5-8m, could be worse.

Not that I imagine this is ever going to happen, just spitballing really. Id even be happy keeping Andros.

Spindle
03-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Stoke are dreaming,

Stoke are laughing at this article as much as we are.

Bryan
03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Bought him for 12m. Has 4 years on his contract and we are now going to sell him for 15m?

Yep, nonsense.

orp pisshead1
03-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Bournemouth had 20m bid rejected today apparently

Surely that puts Townsend in the 30 mill bracket in today's pathetic market.
Sooner football implodes the better!.

orp pisshead1
03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I would love it if we could get Demarai Gray but I'd imagine he's worth 15 million more than Townsend is worth.

Why?:eek:

jhc
03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
The Neymar debacle (if completed) will completely distort the market. There will soon be a trickle down effect and players like Townsend will be irreplaceable at 15M.
Probably looking at 40M+ to find a winger of sufficient quality for the Prem.

The transfer market has gone mad and we are not a charity. Club's will hold out for over inflated fees between now and the end of August.

He's going nowhere

orp pisshead1
03-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Coz of wanky tv deals transfer fees have gone up another level since last season.

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Neymar deal is the beginning of the end imo. 500k a week after tax. Ludicrous. The game can't afford that.. just oil money.

Sydenham Eagle
03-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Sakho only played a handful of games. I would say he was as good as those, probably got an average higher rating than Luka is my mind.
I think you and I were watching different teams. Sakho had more impact in our season in 8 games than Townsend had all season. Yes, he improved under Allardyce but it was hard not to. His performances in the middle part of the season was pretty well abysmal and reached a peak at West Ham where he put in one of the worst displays I've ever seen in a Palace shirt.

WorthingEagle
03-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Neymar deal is the beginning of the end imo. 500k a week after tax. Ludicrous. The game can't afford that.. just oil money.

Not to mention the 198m transfer fee. Even if PSG win every domestic and European trophy they enter next ten years, I don't see how they can get that money back.

They've still got to surround him with excellent players to stand a chance of winning the Champions League, and all their current players are going to be banging on the door demanding a pay raise too.

BillyTKid
03-08-2017, 02:19 PM
I think you and I were watching different teams. Sakho had more impact in our season in 8 games than Townsend had all season. Yes, he improved under Allardyce but it was hard not to. His performances in the middle part of the season was pretty well abysmal and reached a peak at West Ham where he put in one of the worst displays I've ever seen in a Palace shirt.

I thought for the last 1/3rd of the season he was our best player. He certainly had the biggest work rate and was chipping in with goals and assists. I remember a period where he was my man of the match, 3 games out of 4.

Bones14
03-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Why the hell would we sell one of our best and most important players.

And for 15 mill. Someone's taking the piss surely.

orp pisshead1
03-08-2017, 02:26 PM

Exactly:p

TheCharmer1
03-08-2017, 02:59 PM

Unless word is out in football circles that we need to sell for ffp reasons ? Just a thought. No intel

DARZET EAGLE
03-08-2017, 03:08 PM

Indeed... the Sun.

prizesucker
03-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Why the hell would we sell one of our best and most important players. .

Player wants to leave? Need to get his high wage off the books? Already have his replacement lined up?

People forget how poor, unfit, unmotivated and uncreative AT actually was until Bournemouth away on deadline day last season.

Allardyce/Lee helped turned that round and we saw some good performances and a huge swing in attitude BUT if his unhappiness that existed at the start of last season has remained through the summer, he will seek a move away. Our job is to make sure we get decent wonga for him.

Lombardo's hair
03-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Virgin van dijk value increased 500% in 12 month so why not. zTransfer fees are ridiculous now so wouldn't be surprised to get 199 million for him next month:D

rambo1
03-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Unless word is out in football circles that we need to sell for ffp reasons ? Just a thought. No intel

No Club,in the Premier League,Needs to sell for FFP.
Only,Need to sell,to Create Space to Abide the 25 Man Player Rule.

AJ
03-08-2017, 03:48 PM
I think you are both undermining the rest of the team. Sakho and Townsend were not the only ones responsible for the upturn in form. It was almost the whole team and the manager. For starters getting the players fit had a major impact on results.

JHJ EAGLE
03-08-2017, 04:46 PM
When's he off then? It seems that half the team want's out!

Joooe
03-08-2017, 04:54 PM
The story was that Stoke are interested. How do you go from that to 'half the team wants out'?

TWELLSEagle
03-08-2017, 05:09 PM
The story was that Stoke are interested. How do you go from that to 'half the team wants out'?

It's called being a drama queen!

Psych
03-08-2017, 05:09 PM
No Club,in the Premier League,Needs to sell for FFP.

Only,Need to sell,to Create Space to Abide the 25 Man Player Rule.

You write like the kid in the wheelchair from Malcolm in the Middle speaks

SJ'sLoveMonkey
03-08-2017, 05:12 PM
When's he off then? It seems that half the team want's out!

Yeah that will be it :bash:

orp pisshead1
03-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Virgin van dijk value increased 500% in 12 month so why not. zTransfer fees are ridiculous now so wouldn't be surprised to get 199 million for him next month:D

That'll help our ffp;)

CPFC.1990
03-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Arnautovic is better than Townsend, no one outside of Palace would disagree with that.

If he is 24m then why is Townsend worth more?

Implying he is a regular England international is also hugely OTT. Is it such an achievement to play for England these days with the standard as it is?

JDawg
03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
They're missing a 0.

Thefunkymonk
03-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Arnautovic is better than Townsend, no one outside of Palace would disagree with that.

Implying he is a regular England international is also hugely OTT. Is it such an achievement to play for England these days with the standard as it is?

You what mate?

Arnautovic isn't that good. Wouldn't want him here especially for 24m! Look at Stoke forums.. they ain't fussed he's gone.. and a spammer mate of mine is pissed off they spent that much on him.

Townsend is worth more than 15m that's the bottom line. Championship players are being sold for more...

Jim Cannon
03-08-2017, 05:59 PM

In your opinion, not mine

CP-RJW
03-08-2017, 06:02 PM

Arnautovic is clearly far more talented but is lazy and has a bad attitude, I'd take Townsend for that reason.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
03-08-2017, 06:02 PM

:D

BillyTKid
03-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Two years younger, English and more versatile.

Nostrils
03-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Two years younger, English and more versatile.

Also not an arsehole.

Jay_eagle
03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Won't happen, FDB is not a mug Townsend should not be playing RWB I'm sure he was just testing it out. Zaha/Benteke/Townsend up top is a deadly combination, 15M - Jog on.

Nostrils
03-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Zaha/Benteke/Townsend up top is a deadly combination, 15M - Jog on.

We've also seen flashes of creativity, i.e., not just tearing up the wing and shooting or crossing, he's also looking to put the ball to feet, something I think de Boer will encourage.

red&blue_moomin
03-08-2017, 06:20 PM

What?? Talk about a heads gone!! Arnautovich had one really good season. He was rubbish sulky twat last season. Andros is far more useful he can play LW, RW and he's looking more effective in the RWB/RM position currently as each match he's gotten more involved culminating in a heck of an assist against Metz (he's also started using his right foot more to cross it I notice).

Also Stoke can **** right off. As if we'd sell an ENGLAND international who has four years left on his deal for a price barely above what we paid after we triggered a relegation release clause especially to a club who finished just above us.................

03-08-2017, 06:35 PM

Are you for real? I think you will find its just you :D

http://i.imgur.com/jjYqAl1.jpg

GreatGonzo
03-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Won't happen, FDB is not a mug Townsend should not be playing RWB I'm sure he was just testing it out. Zaha/Benteke/Townsend up top is a deadly combination, 15M - Jog on.

You might want to close your eyes when we play Huddersfield then as i think you may be in for a shock.

PhuketEagle
03-08-2017, 06:47 PM
The article I read's by the Sun. It says that Townsend should move to Stoke to improve his chances of being in the England team for the World Cup as Stoke are a mid-table team while implying that Palace will likely be struggling with relegation & he'd be overlooked. What a bunch of crap. IGNORE this pathetic article.

redemptionday
03-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Unless Stoke will offer him obscene wages, I can't see the incentive in moving there??

If Newcastle come back in for him he may be tempted though, as by all accounts he liked the city and Rafa Benitez is a big draw for players.

CoDownEagle
03-08-2017, 06:59 PM
The Stoke interest might flush out a Newcastle bid.

Martin H
03-08-2017, 07:13 PM
You might want to close your eyes when we play Huddersfield then as i think you may be in for a shock.

:) yep

hdeagle
03-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Andros has been given the number 10 shirt in Palace's squad surely this confirms that this rumour like so many others involving Palace players can be binned.

BillyTKid
03-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Andros has been given the number 10 shirt in Palace's squad surely this confirms that this rumour like so many others involving Palace players can be binned.

I don't think Townsend is going because it doesn't ring true but I'm not sure shirt numbers have anything to do with it. Bolasie got a first team number last year and was then sold.

RisZero
03-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Shirt numbers are one of the least important factors in whether a player is sold or not

Ralph
03-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Townsend and Arnautovic are both decent players at this level. Not much in it.

Ralph
03-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Shirt numbers are one of the least important factors in whether a player is sold or not

Unless you're not given one.

exiledeagle
03-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Not sure shirt numbers will dictate transfers

CoDownEagle
03-08-2017, 08:33 PM

What is the most important...the bookies odds ? :)

cantspell
03-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Stoke lol

mb23
03-08-2017, 08:46 PM

Townsend already had the number 10 shirt?

RisZero
03-08-2017, 08:53 PM
What is the most important...the bookies odds ? :)

No, sleeping with the gaffers daughter

Reg_Maudling
03-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Arnautovic is very inconsistent might score one flashy goal in ten matches

Townsend is a better team player

Pikie Punisher
03-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Not sure shirt numbers will dictate transfers

It will do if you want the number and players name on the back of your shirt.

Spindle
04-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Are you for real? I think you will find its just you :D

http://i.imgur.com/jjYqAl1.jpg

They are both excellent but Andros has a way better attitude.

AJ
05-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Another sicknote, no thanks
Went off injured in Stoke friendly today!

cp eagles
05-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Mirror reporting that he is available

Jim Cannon
05-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Mirror reporting that he is available

The Mirror another reliable source:D

Thefunkymonk
05-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Wouldn't sell him