PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Freddie Woodman

tsunamiman
06-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Monitoring his situation apparently. Come home Freddie.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/freddie-woodmans-situation-newcastle-united-13435665

GreatGonzo
06-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Yes please.

Malarkey
06-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Would like

RisZero
06-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Everton :D

jimmy the gent
06-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I've never seen him play. Given that Newcastle want to loan him out, i'm assuming he wouldnt be ready to take the Number One shirt yet?

Thefunkymonk
06-08-2017, 11:58 AM
I've never seen him play. Given that Newcastle want to loan him out, i'm assuming he wouldnt be ready to take the Number One shirt yet?

No, not yet. He was on loan up in Scotland last year. Has potential to be good.

jimmy the gent
06-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Sounds like a good prospect, but feel we need an immediate upgrade, and if he isnt it, then the funds would be better spent going towards one.

RisZero
06-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a good prospect, but feel we need an immediate upgrade, and if he isnt it, then the funds would be better spent going towards one.

If we dont invest in the academy then we will never have an academy. That said afaik we have already added 3 players in this area so clearly we are. Woodman is supposed to be the brightest goalkeeping prospect in the country so adding him now while there is a chance would be a massive result.

Id hope that the academy is seen as an aside from the main team and budgeted as so, but thats probably wishful thinking.

Maidstoned Eagle
06-08-2017, 03:09 PM
We need a keeper now, not 3 years in the future.

RisZero
06-08-2017, 03:24 PM
We need a keeper now, not 3 years in the future.

We actually will need a new keeper now AND in the future. The difference is getting this done now could mean we dont have to go through the whole process we are having to now, and having to face paying some insane fee the next time we need one.

Plenty moan on here about things like "same old palace", "lack of ambition", "why are we so slow", etc... Why the resistance when the club may actually be doing something to avoid all that? No one is saying it will be Woodman instead of a first team keeper.

DARZET EAGLE
06-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Shame we let him leave in the first place,

GreatGonzo
06-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Shame we let him leave in the first place,

Didn't have a choice, he was a kid and his parents moved to Newcastle.

Nigelbrag
06-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Has anybody seen him play in the past few months and has he been good? could he step up Now to be our First choice? if Yes, then it is the only way we could attract him to join with that promise. Yes it would be a gamble due to his lack of experience at this level, but did Everton not pay 30m for a 20yr old, also the 18yr old Italian who joined AC Milan and rated the best in Italy, so why not Freddie Woodman.

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Has anybody seen him play in the past few months and has he been good? could he step up Now to be our First choice? if Yes, then it is the only way we could attract him to join with that promise. Yes it would be a gamble due to his lack of experience at this level, but did Everton not pay 30m for a 20yr old, also the 18yr old Italian who joined AC Milan and rated the best in Italy, so why not Freddie Woodman.

Because he's not Donnarumma. :moo:

Garfy
06-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Given the criticism of his father one wonders whether he would want to come back here.

Owngoal
06-08-2017, 11:44 PM
If we get him it would be as third choice keeper, assuming we get a new number one. Jules to another role? More likely just another two and two makes five and Easy speculation

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Given the criticism of his father one wonders whether he would want to come back here.

His family all live in warlingham... he comes down a lot.. might want to come home

Dobbo
07-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Why would we want another U23s keeper when we've only just signed the Peterborough guy.
Wonder what happens to Perntreou now - loan out ?

9Freedman9
07-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Why would we want another U23s keeper when we've only just signed the Peterborough guy.

He's gone on loan to Crawley hasn't he?

Ralph
07-08-2017, 07:10 AM
but did Everton not pay 30m for a 20yr old...

Not quite, they paid 30M for a 23 year old with over 100 league appearances to his name.

Woodman aint there yet but I do agree with the principle however.

eagle101
07-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Yes please.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 08:00 AM

Donnarumma 'joined' AC Milan 4 years ago aged 14. The news all over the summer was about whether he would sign a new contract with them.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Because he's not Donnarumma. :moo:

And neither are we AC Milan, instead a club that flirts around the Bottom of the premiership.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Donnarumma 'joined' AC Milan 4 years ago aged 14. The news all over the summer was about whether he would sign a new contract with them.

The arguement i made about Woodman joining Palace to be our First choice, my point was IF we were to attract him then there has to be an incentive for him to leave Newcastle and join Palace, sitting on the bench wont do it.
Of course he is very young and lacking experience so not ideal to be First choice and would be a huge gamble, but signing Riediwald at 20 and throwing him straight into what will be an experimental Palace defence is just as much a gamble? but if we want Woodman then that is the gamble we would have to take to tempt him.
As for age, if you are good enough you are old enough as in the case of Donnarumma, at just 18 is on the verge of being Italy's no.1 and wanted by Juventus to take over from their "legend" as First choice.
I am not suggesting Woodman is in that league, but this is Palace we are talking about and not AC or Juve, but in reality i can't see us being truly interested, just newspaper speculation.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Not quite, they paid 30M for a 23 year old with over 100 league appearances to his name.

Woodman aint there yet but I do agree with the principle however.

I stand corrected as for his age. But i believe was part of Sunderland First team setup when aged 20 and played.

SilentAssassin
07-08-2017, 09:07 AM

Why would we not? He's a better prospect than all of younger keepers and wouldn't cost a spot in the 25. Pretty sure he would have more of a chance here at starting than at Newcastle.