PDA

View Full Version : Patrik Schick - Cadiac issue

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Ok not as serious as the many times we have unfortunately seen players collapse and pass away playing football. But young Patrol Schick a highly rated Czech striker who plays for Sampdoria has a transfer collapse due to his medical flagging up a heart problem.

He has since been sent to rest and do specific training... What confuses me about the whole thing is that Inter are now prepared to offer €30.5m for him but only if his cardiac issue has cleared up. Is there even such a thing as a temporary heart problem?

All seems a little bit strange to me. Surely he either has a dodgy ticker or he doesn't? :confused:

N Herts Eagle
06-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Simple answer is the advances in heart surgery. Over 23 years since my first heart attack and the use of stents were still in the infancy. I asked the question on how long it would last the answer was 5 years BUT that is only because we only just started doing it. Since then the technique used to insert a stent is used to repair a hole in the heart, repair valves in certain circumstances. Though invasive its all done through the arteries in the old days this was and still is by some through the groin you had the pleasure of a young nurse holding your groin for an hour whilst it stopped bleeding. The last time four years ago it was through the arm and they used a plastic bracelet, on that occasion they inserted four stents.
Providing whatever the problem is it is caught early before the heart muscle is damaged then there is no issue. You also need to understand that the heart the body is an amazing thing one of my arteries repaired itself by using the blood vessels pumping more blood opening them up to ensure enough blood got through to the heart.

Latvian Eagle
06-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Would a player be able to play professionally after such a procedure?

Still seems a little way off for me? Still seems to be such a regular occurrence given the advances in medical treatment. And still not exactly sure what Inter are expecting to have changed in 3 weeks from when he failed his Juventus medical. He certainly hasn't had an operation.

Ralph
06-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy is a temporary heart condition caused, generally, by stress.

An occurrence of this could have caused other irregularities in his medical hence why they want to delay???

N Herts Eagle
06-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Would a player be able to play professionally after such a procedure?

Still seems a little way off for me? Still seems to be such a regular occurrence given the advances in medical treatment. And still not exactly sure what Inter are expecting to have changed in 3 weeks from when he failed his Juventus medical. He certainly hasn't had an operation. Insert a stent simple go into hospital have op out next day, privately easy done in a day. Your walking the same day, there is I think a four week delay on driving. Around here the procedure is you have heart attack your driven straight to the heart unit and they are operating within a two hour timeframe. (Mind you does not apply at weekends).
Hole in heart is under general anaesthetic may take a day or two longer in hospital

Latvian Eagle
29-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Just signed for Roma for €42m.

Just a bit odd seeing as he was going to Juventus a month ago for €30m and the deal fell through due to this "heart issue".