PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Wilfried Bony available for 13 million

Flat Noodle
06-08-2017, 12:24 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-tell-swansea-must-10936631

Given the lack of back up to Benteke up front for us, Bony can play as the lone striker and has proven Premier League record with Swansea prior to his big money move to Man City. 13 million in today's market is very reasonable, although he's likely to be on close to 100k/pw wages.

New LP
06-08-2017, 12:26 PM
No resale value, not from south London, would want big wages etc.

Thefunkymonk
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM
No

cpfcfan1
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM
[emoji206]

Dannea
06-08-2017, 12:31 PM
3 years ago yes. Not now. Would much prefer a younger striker brought in with a point to prove

aj4england
06-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Avoid. Slow expensive injury prone

RisZero
06-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Was incredible at Swansea.
Didnt get a look in against Aguero (most wouldnt).
Catastrophic spell at Stoke.

Most importantly I think we need to bring in someone who plays alongside Benteke and Zaha in the top 3, not cover that in an ideal world never gets on the pitch. Cover is important but an actual first team 11 in this formation is more urgent.

CharlieCPFC
06-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Our next striker needs to be someone who offers something different to Benteke, someone with more mobility. Dolberg for 20M represents great value.

Dannea
06-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Our next striker needs to be someone who offers something different to Benteke, someone with more mobility. Dolberg for 20M represents great value.

Lets be honest we are not going to spend 20m in a backup striker when there are many positions that need depth. Can see a purchase for between 8m-12m or a loan

CharlieCPFC
06-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Lets be honest we are not going to spend 20m in a backup striker when there are many positions that need depth. Can see a purchase for between 8m-12m or a loan

And of those positions is a forward?

Not that I think we'll spend 20M either, but he'd be worth double that with a few goals in the premier league and would probably give Benteke a good run for his money for that starting place.

cpfc4evandeva
06-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Was incredible at Swansea.
Didnt get a look in against Aguero (most wouldnt).
Catastrophic spell at Stoke.

Most importantly I think we need to bring in someone who plays alongside Benteke and Zaha in the top 3, not cover that in an ideal world never gets on the pitch. Cover is important but an actual first team 11 in this formation is more urgent.

If Benteke would have had a 10 game injury lay-off last season, we would have been relegated.

If Benteke gets a 10 game injury lay-off this season, then as the squad stands, we will be relegated.

In fairness, last season we did have back up in Remy (when he wasn't injured) and Campbell, but neither were good enough. The truth is that now we only really have one centre forward in the entire squad, which is worrying considering the season starts in a week.

RisZero
06-08-2017, 02:46 PM
If Benteke would have had a 10 game injury lay-off last season, we would have been relegated.

If Benteke gets a 10 game injury lay-off this season, then as the squad stands, we will be relegated.

In fairness, last season we did have back up in Remy (when he wasn't injured) and Campbell, but neither were good enough. The truth is that now we only really have one centre forward in the entire squad, which is worrying considering the season starts in a week.

The rather large assumption here is that the person being brought in for the top 3 cannot play as a striker himself should Benteke fall. Not sure why people think we need someone who can ONLY play striker to act as Benteke's cover. All of our activity so far has had one eye on positional flexibility.

Stinger1
06-08-2017, 03:27 PM
And of those positions is a forward?

Not that I think we'll spend 20M either, but he'd be worth double that with a few goals in the premier league and would probably give Benteke a good run for his money for that starting place.

We need to sign these players before they become semi-established at big clubs and command big fees. Monaco bought Anthony Martial for €5 million and sold him 2 seasons later for €50 million. We need to take a 5 million punt on a prospect before they get to a big club rather than buy someone like Dolberg who would probably cost 20 million.

Joooe
06-08-2017, 03:50 PM
I didn't realise he was only 28. Was a really stupid decision to go to Man City.

macstar
06-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Looked totally deflated at Stoke. Think he's lost it. Steer clear

CP-RJW
06-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Dolberg? The teenage prodigy linked to Real Madrid, Man United and Man City? His agent said he wouldn't be leaving Ajax anyway, and if he breaks that promise it won't be to join Crystal Palace.

DARZET EAGLE
06-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Dolberg? The teenage prodigy linked to Real Madrid, Man United and Man City? His agent said he wouldn't be leaving Ajax anyway, and if he breaks that promise it won't be to join Crystal Palace.

Where did you see that quote?

CP-RJW
06-08-2017, 05:05 PM
The typical trashy tabloids I think.

richdeniro
06-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Would rather take a chance on Bojan if we're to sign a Stoke forward.

Nigelbrag
06-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Ideally if we are willing to spend big on a striker then he has to be a starter, it's not happening if it is to be as reserve warming the bench and being paid a fortune. So we either play him instead of CB or alongside or just off, i cant see any of that happening with what system FdB has in mind, the problem is we DO need another top striker but who would join under those circumstances?

johnp
06-08-2017, 06:51 PM
I suspect it would be like Remy all over again

Se9 eagles
06-08-2017, 07:03 PM
I didn't realise he was only 28. Was a really stupid decision to go to Man City.

Probably doubled his money.....

Friskey
06-08-2017, 07:26 PM
No point signing another striker not suited to the new formation.

cpfc4evandeva
06-08-2017, 08:15 PM
The rather large assumption here is that the person being brought in for the top 3 cannot play as a striker himself should Benteke fall. Not sure why people think we need someone who can ONLY play striker to act as Benteke's cover. All of our activity so far has had one eye on positional flexibility.

Eh? We don't have anyone in the current squad that would even nearly fill Benteke's role if he gets injured. Wilf is probably the only one who is close and if you take him off the wing, it will still weaken the team massively.

I don't care if we sign a centre forward who can play out wide or give a different kind of option to Benteke, but we need one quickly.

The club's record in the first two weeks of the season since 2010 must be pretty poor. I get the argument that players are cheaper later into August (though I don't even think that is certain), but how many points does this policy cost us?

bradpitt
06-08-2017, 08:20 PM

His accountant would probably say different

Vince Hilaire's Afro
06-08-2017, 08:39 PM
One of the few players for whom the song 'Mony Mony' works as a chant. Surely money is of secondary importance in this context

Eagle Kneevil
06-08-2017, 09:40 PM
One of the few players for whom the song 'Mony Mony' works as a chant. Surely money is of secondary importance in this context

Shame Peter Ndlovu is retired or you could have sung...

I don't want your Bony, honey, I want Ndlovu.

Sir.S.C Remembered
07-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Would have loved this a couple of years ago. But how poor he was at Stoke, how he didn't seem too fussed, some off field antics and huge wages means I have changed my mind.

swissroll
07-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Remy mark 2 all over. Lost interest happy to be paid loads

orp pisshead1
07-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Done **** all last 2 seasons so no.

bradpitt
07-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Agree with all the references to being another Remy, avoid like the plague

Ralph
07-08-2017, 06:03 PM
He'll join Swansea after Sigurddson moves on.

Will be ok but nothing special.

Will score against us though.

4 cryingOutloud
07-08-2017, 06:37 PM
:pAgree with all the references to being another Remy, avoid like the plague

Would you prefer a Frapin Cuvee, Courvoisier, or a Hennessy then? Oh, we already have a Hennessey.

eagle69
07-08-2017, 07:48 PM
3 years ago yes. Not now. Would much prefer a younger striker brought in with a point to prove

Dwight Gayle ?:supergrin: