PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Luuk de Jong

ZOHAR
06-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Crystal Palace target Newcastle flop Luuk de Jong as PSV striker left behind in Holland and misses friendly

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4766298/Crystal-Palace-target-PSV-striker-Luuk-Jong.html

Thefunkymonk
06-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Yes from me. Nice back up to Benteke.

meee
06-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Yes from me. Nice back up to Benteke.

^

dilem
06-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Luuk De Jong, Zoet, Chambers and we are getting started

jamescav0
06-08-2017, 11:04 PM
De Jong, Chambers, Zoet, TFM and that should complete the squad

regal_eagle
06-08-2017, 11:13 PM
With that sort of scoring record, surely it's more of a case of luuk away..

jimmy the gent
06-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Just had bad luuk in front of goal lately.

Martin H
06-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Can see him as a back up for Benteke but we need someone to play up front with him and Wilf in the 3. Doesn't look like this guy does it?

brooklynlou
07-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Can see him as a back up for Benteke but we need someone to play up front with him and Wilf in the 3. Doesn't look like this guy does it?

Chung Lee and Sako. Both play the position. As good (and cheap) a backups as you're gonna get.

As for a proper starter to take the place Lokilo is keeping warm, there's still three weeks to the end of the window.

Eagle Kneevil
07-08-2017, 03:00 AM
He uses the force, Luuk.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 05:41 AM

Townsend?

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 06:00 AM
He was awful for Newcastle and scored 8 last season in a poor league. Why would be interested?

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 06:05 AM
He was awful for Newcastle and scored 8 last season in a poor league. Why would be interested?

Because FdB knows him.. he would be back up.. and reasonable fee

No player that had banged in 15-20 goals last season is going to want to sit on bench

BillyTKid
07-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Can't get excited by this. He has been given an opportunity to play in Germany and England and wasn't good enough.

bourne man
07-08-2017, 06:10 AM
We need 3 strikers, the guy would be part of that triumvirate
Hopefully the third will offer youth and pace

Ralph
07-08-2017, 06:21 AM
A good record in the Dutch leagues but struggled at both Gladbach and Newcastle. Still only 26. Maybe FdB is confident his system will suit De Jong...in which case I'd be happy with this.

cpfcfan1
07-08-2017, 06:31 AM
[emoji372]

st albans
07-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Wickham is the back up, we need a different striker type to benteke

Dodds
07-08-2017, 06:35 AM
When is Wickham back?

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 06:35 AM

Wickham isn't fully recovered yet and hasn't played in nearly a year.

Who's to say we still don't sign someone else.

De Jong would be a good back up.. which we need

mb23
07-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Doesn't really set the pulses racing for me, but then again I thought Bamford was going to be a brilliant signing.

Sometimes players thrive in certain environments and systems. So if he does sign we definitely shouldn't be writing him off. If he can get about 5-6 goals as a back up, that probably constitutes a success.

bigend1
07-08-2017, 06:53 AM
If he's where we're looking I'd rather go for niasse from Everton. Fast, powerful and showed at hull he's capable and before Everton.

He could play in a front three or cover benteke

Friskey
07-08-2017, 06:56 AM
The manager will know him much better than me but he's been shit every time I've seen him.

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 07:03 AM
If he's where we're looking I'd rather go for niasse from Everton. Fast, powerful and showed at hull he's capable and before Everton.

He could play in a front three or cover benteke

Same. Need that versatility. Although the argie kid lo celso looks a good finisher as well. In summary, God knows, but we do need someone.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Because FdB knows him.. he would be back up.. and reasonable fee

No player that had banged in 15-20 goals last season is going to want to sit on bench

Why have Bournemouth got 15 goal strikers who will be sitting in the bench then? It's a squad game - you can't expect benteke to play 90 mins of every match.

De Jong is very average - why pretend otherwise?

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 07:08 AM

Not back till November maybe later by the looks of it so can't rely on him for a while.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Why have Bournemouth got 15 goal strikers who will be sitting in the bench then? It's a squad game - you can't expect benteke to play 90 mins of every match.

De Jong is very average - why pretend otherwise?

Have they?

Afobe was a championship striker

King had good season last year and will start

Callum Wilson is permanent injured and hasn't scored 15-20 goals recently

Defoe.. gonna start.

De Jong, prior to Newcastle, has a very good goalscoring record, FdB knows him well and will come for a reasonable fee. Gives us a decent back up to Benteke and some more depth in a department we have zero.

Last year we had Campbell.. this is an upgrade.

hdeagle
07-08-2017, 07:16 AM
I would like to see Sullay Kaikai given a chance once he has recovered from injury as he has pace and can finish and has been given a squad number.

COYP

Martin H
07-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Not back till November maybe later by the looks of it so can't rely on him for a while.

Crikey, really? I had missed that update. Such a shame because he fits into this system pretty well.

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 07:19 AM
Have they?

Defoe.. gonna start.

De Jong, prior to Newcastle, has a very good goalscoring record, FdB knows him well and will come for a reasonable fee. Gives us a decent back up to Benteke and some more depth in a department we have zero.

Have decided you and me have very different opinions on players :) Nothing wrong with that of course but i'd be pretty disappointed if we spent our entire transfer budget away on Adrian chambers and de Jong. Think we can do much better than that personally. Much faster players available which we'll need playing this system.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Have decided you and me have very different opinions on players :) Nothing wrong with that of course but i'd be pretty disappointed if we spent our entire transfer budget away on Adrian chambers and de Jong. Think we can do much better than that personally. Much faster players available which we'll need playing this system.

Haha. I hope we don't spend all our budget in those 3.. especially Adrian!

De Jong has scored 54 goals in 97 appearances for psv.... as a back up striker at a good price it's a no brainer

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Have they?

Defoe.. gonna start.

Defoe - class
King - excellent striker
Wilson will be back by October apparently and immediately scored goals in this league
That leaves Afobe as fourth choice and he's not bad

We've got Benteke...

De Jong is an average player who couldn't cut it anywhere beyond the average Dutch league. Any decent Dutch player leaves their league by 24 - FDB said it. De Jong is 26 now. Hopefully this is just paper talk as we can do better.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Crikey, really? I had missed that update. Such a shame because he fits into this system pretty well.

They are rumours - heard that from someone who is usually well informed. Considering Wickham has barely trained and yet to even play a single minute of a friendly, it stands to reason that the earliest he will be back is October. It also takes him a long time to get back his match fitness etc so I think we're best off not even including him in the 25 until January. Waste of a squad space otherwise *****il he's fit, that is).

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 07:30 AM

De Jong has scored 54 goals in 97 appearances for psv.... as a back up striker at a good price it's a no brainer

If you don't have a brain, I guess :supergrin:

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Defoe - class
King - excellent striker
Wilson will be back by October apparently and immediately scored goals in this league

We've got Benteke...

De Jong is an average player who couldn't cut it anywhere beyond the average Dutch league. Any decent Dutch player leaves their league by 24 - FDB said it. De Jong is 26 now. Hopefully this is just paper talk as we can do better.

Im not disputing that bournemouth haven't got decent strikers.. you claimed they had ones that scored 15-20 on the bench.. they haven't.

He's left the Dutch league.. and came back.. and scored 54 in 97 on doing so..

Yeah you are right.. we only have Benteke.. hence why we need more than just one more striker in.. de Jong would be a decent buy at good price. I would also hope we would sign another.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:34 AM
If you don't have a brain, I guess :supergrin:

Go on then what's your suggestion given we haven't got a mass of cash? Like I said above.. at right price, good signing.. and if hope we would add another

tsunamiman
07-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Ignore his time at Newcastle....got seriously Pardewed. He's a good player.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Go on then what's your suggestion given we haven't got a mass of cash? Like I said above.. at right price, good signing.. and if hope we would add another

I just worry about de Jong given he has failed everywhere apart from an average Dutch league. The other thing is that he's not a Benteke-like player - surely we need someone who is strong, can hold the ball up etc, and de Jong isn't that kind of player.

There must be strikers out there who meet this criteria. I accept that we can't splash £30m on someone but there must be strikers available in the £10m bracket that we can afford. Ideally, we want someone who can play in the central striker role as well as slightly wider in the front three. That Niasse is a bit clumsy but at least he has pace, holds it up and did better with Hull than most thought he would. However, I hope we aim higher than him.

This is where our scouts should be doing their job and presenting FDB with options. If we've gone down the list and arrived at de Jong, then that would be concerning.

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 07:47 AM

At least we agree about Adrian anyway :D

And to be fair de Jong did have a decent scoring record, albeit for a strong side in a weak league. Trust in FdB I guess.

Mr Palace
Im not disputing that bournemouth haven't got decent strikers.. you claimed they had ones that scored 15-20 on the bench.. they haven't.

He's left the Dutch league.. and came back.. and scored 54 in 97 on doing so..

Yeah you are right.. we only have Benteke.. hence why we need more than just one more striker in.. de Jong would be a decent buy at good price. I would also hope we would sign another.

Wilson would have scored 15 if he hadn't missed the season through injury. Defoe will and King has proven he can. Not sure how many Afobe got but I bet it was more than 5 league goals. That's four strikers all contributing.

Scoot
I would like to see Sullay Kaikai given a chance once he has recovered from injury as he has pace and can finish and has been given a squad number.

COYP

But could not get in the Brentford team :wallbash:

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Wilson would have scored 15 if he hadn't missed the season through injury. Defoe will and King has proven he can. Not sure how many Afobe got but I bet it was more than 5 league goals. That's four strikers all contributing.

But he didn't.. but I get your point

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:54 AM
At least we agree about Adrian anyway :D

And to be fair de Jong did have a decent scoring record, albeit for a strong side in a weak league. Trust in FdB I guess.

This is where I am at.. none of the names we are linked with are 'exciting' but got to trust FdB. I like chambers, but the rest I wouldn't be overly bothered if we missed out on

Yeah that's the risk with de Jong.. but suppose if the money is right it might be worth the risk

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 08:14 AM
There must be strikers out there who meet this criteria. I accept that we can't splash £30m on someone but there must be strikers available in the £10m bracket that we can afford. Ideally, we want someone who can play in the central striker role as well as slightly wider in the front three. That Niasse is a bit clumsy but at least he has pace, holds it up and did better with Hull than most thought he would. However, I hope we aim higher than him.

Ulloa, is into his final year, will have virtually no chance of getting on the pitch this season, is pissed off at his club and can play the Benteke role. Should not be too expensive based on the above.

Abel Hernandez is also into his last 12 months at Hull, was out injured for much of last season but think he could probably play both roles.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 08:15 AM
The problem is we need to build up "numbers" but the quality we can attract simply to sit on the bench restricts the options. What does concern me is FdB is focusing his search solely it appears on Dutch players which is understandable as their technical ability is good. But the overall quality of the Dutch league is not the strongest and in the case of de Jong his quality and worth is questionable as it proved with his failure at Newcastle, but he will add to the numbers and at a sensible cost and wages.
However, If we are to become a club that offers a goal threat then we either need more firepower than just Benteke alone, should we play with a Front Three as seems to be the case then it needs another wide forward alongside Benteke and Zaha capable of scoring goals, the type that comes to mind as an example is Nolito ex City, but it also needs a midfield that contributes well to the goal tally.
The reason why i don't see Bournemouth struggling is the strength in depth they have in the Strikers department, if they can afford to do it, why can't Palace.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 08:16 AM

Defoe will be interesting. About to turn 35 and scored 4 in his last 16 games. Temporary drop of form playing in a poor side or age catching up?

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 08:20 AM
The problem is we need to build up "numbers" but the quality we can attract simply to sit on the bench restricts the options. What does concern me is FdB is focusing his search solely it appears on Dutch players which is understandable as their technical ability is good. But the overall quality of the Dutch league is not the strongest and in the case of de Jong his quality and worth is questionable as it proved with his failure at Newcastle, but he will add to the numbers and at a sensible cost and wages.
However, If we are to become a club that offers a goal threat then we either need more firepower than just Benteke alone, should we play with a Front Three as seems to be the case then it needs another wide forward alongside Benteke and Zaha capable of scoring goals, the type that comes to mind as an example is Nolito ex City, but it also needs a midfield that contributes well to the goal tally.
The reason why i don't see Bournemouth struggling is the strength in depth they have in the Strikers department, if they can afford to do it, why can't Palace.

Because they didn't actually spend a lot of money in them apart from
Afobe.. Wilson was already there.. king was freebie having flopped everywhere (most he has scored in a season prior to last season was 6).. and likewise Defoe free but old and they've given a long term contract.

tsunamiman
07-08-2017, 08:23 AM

I imagine FdB is signing players he's personally scouted (which would be in the most part in the dutch league). I doubt our scouts have been looking into the sorts of players that would suit his system so wont have reports.

Once they have the new remit and games begin to be played they'll be able to bring in more players which suit from other places.

Kirby
07-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Big no to this one.

Constantly injured and hardly set the world alight when fit. May as well have kept Campbell.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Big no to this one.

Constantly injured and hardly set the world alight when fit. May as well have kept Campbell.

67 goals in last 3 season......

TWELLSEagle
07-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Apart from Germany and Newcastle his scoring record is excellent. Still relatively young so I see this as a good move, a palace like move. Plus FDB is perfect to get him believing again.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Defoe will be interesting. About to turn 35 and scored 4 in his last 16 games. Temporary drop of form playing in a poor side or age catching up?

I'd back him to score goals in a team like Bournemouth. Sunderland were atrocious last season and he still scored a lot.

bigend1
07-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Ignore his time at Newcastle....got seriously Pardewed. He's a good player.

I must admit if his Newcastle time was under pardew I do think it can be ignored. He was probably about 15 stone and worrying about the text messages his Mrs was getting from some guy named Al

Kirby
07-08-2017, 09:10 AM
67 goals in last 3 season......

Sorry, getting him mixed up with Siem De Jong who is also at Newcastle. He's scored 8 goals in 3 seasons.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Sorry, getting him mixed up with Siem De Jong who is also at Newcastle. He's scored 8 goals in 3 seasons.

Think a few might be!

cdm61
07-08-2017, 09:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQatdQGeEa4

RisZero
07-08-2017, 09:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQatdQGeEa4

If you take the bit after "v=" and put it in YTHD tags you can embed the video like so...

qQatdQGeEa4

N Herts Eagle
07-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Sometimes its not about goals scored, for instance Cameron Jerome scored what 2 in 28 according to Wiki. Now sure as a centre forward that record looks pretty bad but the amount of work running and creating space was important. If you have players like Wilf Andros cutting in a centre forward that can create the space though not getting the goals or the assists is just as key.

Zonco
07-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Looks good, sign him up

Great Lombardi
07-08-2017, 09:35 AM
According to Soccerbase Luuk got 9 last season and 30 the season before??

mushroom
07-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I reckon Sako could be used up top... Powerful, thunder-bastard of a shot, and a bit of pace.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I reckon Sako could be used up top... Powerful, thunder-bastard of a shot, and a bit of pace.

No. Looked awful when he played there at villa away

mushroom
07-08-2017, 09:46 AM
No. Looked awful when he played there at villa away

I don't judge any player's performance from the Pardew reign. Apart from Hennersay.

exiledeagle
07-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Big no to this one.

Last 3 seasons all competitions

2014-15 P 45 G 26

2015-16 P 43 G 32

2016-17 P 37 G 9

Kirby
07-08-2017, 09:54 AM

2014-15 P 45 G 26

2015-16 P 43 G 32

2016-17 P 37 G 9

See previous page :)

CaterhamEagle
07-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Happy to have someone like this as a back up. Anyone who comes in knows they'll be no.2 behind Benteke and it's hard to attract anyone that good as a result imo.

exiledeagle
07-08-2017, 09:57 AM
See previous page :)

Oh yes - I must confess I thought same as you until I looked it up

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Oh yes - I must confess I thought same as you until I looked it up

That mean you know agree with me :supergrin:

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Because they didn't actually spend a lot of money in them apart from
Afobe.. Wilson was already there.. king was freebie having flopped everywhere (most he has scored in a season prior to last season was 6).. and likewise Defoe free but old and they've given a long term contract.

What about wages? ain't cheap these days you know, and to keep a hold of them ALL shows ambition especially as Wilson and King are in demand by other clubs but they resist offers.
You are also forgetting this is Bournemouth with gates of 10k and not moneybags City, and also had just offered 20m for a winger says a lot, lets give them the credit they deserve.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 10:10 AM
I imagine FdB is signing players he's personally scouted (which would be in the most part in the dutch league). I doubt our scouts have been looking into the sorts of players that would suit his system so wont have reports.

Once they have the new remit and games begin to be played they'll be able to bring in more players which suit from other places.

I hold my hand up in getting the de Jong's mixed up, not realising this was NOT the Newcastle guy. I have to say to being surprised that with his contacts in Spain FdB has not focused in that market more.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 10:11 AM
What about wages? ain't cheap these days you know, and to keep a hold of them ALL shows ambition especially as Wilson and King are in demand by other clubs but they resist offers.
You are also forgetting this is Bournemouth with gates of 10k and not moneybags City, and also had just offered 20m for a winger says a lot, lets give them the credit they deserve.

Wilson was out with a serious injury so nobody bought him.. and Defoe has just signed.. leaves them with king and afobe.. 2 strikers.. now defoenis here.. there are strong rumours king will be sold

Bournemouth give no ****s about ffp.. they are also well under it at moment.. we aren't

tsunamiman
07-08-2017, 10:13 AM
I hold my hand up in getting the de Jong's mixed up, not realising this was NOT the Newcastle guy. I have to say to being surprised that with his contacts in Spain FdB has not focused in that market more.

They were both at Newcastle at some point tbf. I like Siem De Jong too if he was fully fit.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Wilson was out with a serious injury so nobody bought him.. and Defoe has just signed.. leaves them with king and afobe.. 2 strikers.. now defoenis here.. there are strong rumours king will be sold

Bournemouth give no ****s about ffp.. they are also well under it at moment.. we aren't

You talk about Palace under FFP, yet you have suggested getting Chambers AND Martins-Indi, is that possible?

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 10:20 AM
You talk about Palace under FFP, yet you have suggested getting Chambers AND Martins-Indi, is that possible?

No. Dont think we will get both at all. One or the other. Doesn't change the fact we are close to ffp limit and Bournemouth aren't

Stavros 69
07-08-2017, 10:29 AM
We need strikers.

jimmy the gent
07-08-2017, 10:34 AM

So Benteke twings his hamstring and is out for two months. Are you happy with Sako leading the line? Maybe he could do a job in the Championship there, but Premiership as a regular starter, no way. Sooner we can ship him off the wage bill the better (end of season i presume).

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Ulloa, is into his final year, will have virtually no chance of getting on the pitch this season, is pissed off at his club and can play the Benteke role. Should not be too expensive based on the above.

Abel Hernandez is also into his last 12 months at Hull, was out injured for much of last season but think he could probably play both roles.

Ulloa would be perfect - good shout.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 10:39 AM
What's happened to Sako in recent weeks? Injured again perhaps?

bigend1
07-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Problem is he has a horrible first touch and his acceleration is an i10 at the lights.. it takes ages!! He actually gets decent pace but not so much a burst as a plod to get there. I've actually no idea how good he is in the air so that also doesn't bode well

bigend1
07-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Ulloa would be perfect - good shout.

As backup he's decent but I doubt very much he'll go somewhere to likely sit ok the bench again.

Mr Palace
07-08-2017, 10:46 AM
As backup he's decent but I doubt very much he'll go somewhere to likely sit ok the bench again.

Very few players in the PL get to play every game - it's a squad game these days. I reckon he would play a lot with us despite being second choice to Benteke.

rainbow_child
07-08-2017, 11:48 AM
My biggest fear this season is Benteke being out for any period.

Would be delighted with this if true?!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhCVlP7aqjk

Neckinger Eagle
07-08-2017, 12:02 PM
No. Dont think we will get both at all. One or the other. Doesn't change the fact we are close to ffp limit and Bournemouth aren't

Is there a link to evidence of where teams are in relation to FFP? The only place I ever see anything about it is on the BBS. I want proof it is a thing.

CP-RJW
07-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Defoe - class
King - excellent striker

We've got Benteke...

Defoe is class now but he'll drop off any time soon, and King screams one season wonder. Before last season, he had scored a grand total of 18 goals in 6 years, most of those spent in the championship or league one. As others have mentioned I think, Wilson is a crock. Afobe is mediocre, only slightly better than Campbell.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Is there a link to evidence of where teams are in relation to FFP? The only place I ever see anything about it is on the BBS. I want proof it is a thing.

It's been posted recently. We are (well were last season) spending 80% of our income on wages.. which was above ffp I believe.

red&blue_moomin
07-08-2017, 12:10 PM

It's our wage bill that causes the problem it was over £90M at the last accounts I think. I actually think the club has been like this for years likes to pay lower transfer fee but are prepared to pay decent wages.

Ie a lot of our prem income gets eaten immediately on the players wages.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 12:12 PM
It's been posted recently. We are (well were last season) spending 80% of our income on wages.. which was above ffp I believe.

Nothing to do with FFP.

All about the year on year rise and you have to be above £67m a year for it even to come into play.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 12:13 PM
It's our wage bill that causes the problem it was over £90M at the last accounts I think. I actually think the club has been like this for years likes to pay lower transfer fee but are prepared to pay decent wages.

It was £70m i think but that included more than just the players which is the factor for FFP.

DAWSYEAGLE
07-08-2017, 12:23 PM
We have lost some big earners recently. Mandana and Campbell spring to mind

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Nothing to do with FFP.

All about the year on year rise and you have to be above £67m a year for it even to come into play.

We are. Bournemouth weren't. That's my point. (Ffp/stcc)

carter
07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
FFP is a myth. It's not real. See Neymar & PSG

jobiinthelastmi
07-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Any senior striker, who has played games at professional level higher than league one is an upgrade on what we have... we have nothing!

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 12:40 PM
We are. Bournemouth weren't. That's my point. (Ffp/stcc)

What is our wage bill for players? The last accounts do not split it up as far as i know. We were almost certainly over it last year though so this year we are limited to a £7m increase plus any increase in commercial income and we have signed a couple of much more lucrative sponsorship deals.

With players having left on big deals (especially for their playing time) we have a huge amount of leeway in the wage bill even allowing for Wilf's new deal.

STCC is FFP in the PL.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 12:40 PM
FFP is a myth. It's not real. See Neymar & PSG

PSG signed Neymar on a free.

Eaglesmad123
07-08-2017, 12:46 PM
If he wasnt Dutch then we wouldn't even be looking at him

Jimmy Eagle
07-08-2017, 12:52 PM
My biggest fear this season is Benteke being out for any period.

Would be delighted with this if true?!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhCVlP7aqjk

Reminds me of a more mobile Glenn Murray

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 12:54 PM
What is our wage bill for players? The last accounts do not split it up as far as i know. We were almost certainly over it last year though so this year we are limited to a £7m increase plus any increase in commercial income and we have signed a couple of much more lucrative sponsorship deals.

With players having left on big deals (especially for their playing time) we have a huge amount of leeway in the wage bill even allowing for Wilf's new deal.

STCC is FFP in the PL.

Someone posted it recently but we were spending 80% of income on wages.. about £90m.. we have chopped some of that a fair bit.

Tbh i tend not to worry about it, that's sp's job .. was merely answering a question about bournemouths ability to have 4 strikers and afford it

McpfcS
07-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Excellent recent goal scoring record (last season excepted) to be fair to him. Albeit in an average league.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Someone posted it recently but we were spending 80% of income on wages.. about £90m.. we have chopped some of that a fair bit.

Be interesting to find out how they got that info as last seasons accounts are not available yet to know income and expenditure and based on 2015/16 accounts we would nt have been allowed £90m wages last season.

I suspect they may have posted it but it is rubbish.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Be interesting to find out how they got that info as last seasons accounts are not available yet to know income and expenditure and based on 2015/16 accounts we would nt have been allowed £90m wages last season.

It was an article.. can't remember what thread it was on

Absolution
07-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Can he play one of the supporting forward roles?

I'm not convinced Benteke is the perfect fit for this 3-4-3, but regardless he needs some backup. It would be ideal if that player could also play opposite Wilf. Albeit in a slightly different style.

I imagine Wickham can do that, he just can't be counted on until Xmas I expect.

aj4england
07-08-2017, 01:32 PM

Is he better than Jerome or Wilbers ? Deal would need to be extremely cheap

Mr Iguana
07-08-2017, 01:38 PM
He has a 84 Fifa rating.. jus saying'...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
07-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Reminds me of a more mobile Glenn Murray

I was thinking that. A cool, canny finisher.

Main thing is he'll score from a Wilf cross and that's all we expect from a striker.

CP-RJW
07-08-2017, 01:42 PM
He has a 84 Fifa rating.. jus saying'...
Lewis dopey Dunk has an 85

Absolution
07-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Lewis dopey Dunk has an 85
TOTS versions don't count [emoji6]

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 02:14 PM
We have lost some big earners recently. Mandana and Campbell spring to mind

Remy and Ledley too. Possibility of Jimmy Mac looking likely, Kelly and even Ward rumoured. Unlikely to shift Mutch of course. Could be quite a turnaround as he changes his squad.

Nigelbrag
07-08-2017, 02:28 PM

If that is true its disgraceful that we should be paying out such high wages to under performing players as clearly our league position constantly shows, is there any wonder we can't shift them on.
There was me thinking we had shrewd businessmen running the club.:confused:

dave_who_ru
07-08-2017, 02:59 PM

The profit we made on player sales would have allowed us to spend £90m on wages.

exiledeagle
07-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Looks good to me , doubt he would accept being back up striker though . From clips think he would be pushing Benteke for starting place .

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Ideal fans replacement for STEEEEEVE though.

Sir.S.C Remembered
07-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Can't say his record impresses me. Not super excited as imagine it won't be too cheap too.

TWELLSEagle
07-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Yeah absolutely nothing to do with his 54 goals in 97 games for PSV, nothing whatsoever

TheCharmer1
07-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Can he play one of the supporting forward roles?

I'm not convinced Benteke is the perfect fit for this 3-4-3, but regardless he needs some backup. It would be ideal if that player could also play opposite Wilf. Albeit in a slightly different style.

I imagine Wickham can do that, he just can't be counted on until Xmas I expect.

Hang on you're not convinced that benteke isn't the best striker for our club ? Whatever the formation ? You are an idiot. He's the best striker we've had in years. Whatever the formation

McpfcS
07-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Can't say his record impresses me. Not super excited as imagine it won't be too cheap too.

Ah he scored 22 and 33 in 38 games in the two seasons before last.

Jordan's Jacket
07-08-2017, 07:33 PM
not another Dutch player

rhynoeagle
07-08-2017, 07:39 PM
I knew a lot of people would scoff at this but remember we need a back-up striker. Superb scoring record since leaving Newcastle on loan, and his since played for him country, played in the Champions League and went on to captain PSV. Only 26 and he'll be cheap. Can also play CAM.

brooklynlou
07-08-2017, 07:41 PM
not another Dutch player

How do you pronounce Crystal Palace with a Dutch accent?

CharlieCPFC
07-08-2017, 07:43 PM
How do you pronounce Crystal Palace with a Dutch accent?

Look through Steve Mclarens conferences when he mentions the name.

exiledeagle
07-08-2017, 08:22 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/07/reported-target-luuk-de-jong-would-not-fit-palaces-system-alongs/

Stavros 69
07-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Surely he's being bought as back up, not to start in a wide position?

TWELLSEagle
07-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Surely he's being bought as back up, not to start in a wide position?

Thing is we will be playing two inside forwards, width will come throughout by Townsend/TFM and PVA/Schlupp. De Jong would play in a two with Zaha behind benteke?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
07-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Thing is we will be playing two inside forwards, width will come throughout by Townsend/TFM and PVA/Schlupp. De Jong would play in a two with Zaha behind benteke?

Who knows. If TFM plays right wing back then Townsend and Wilf will be the two alongside/ behind Benteke won't he?

TWELLSEagle
07-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Who knows. If TFM plays right wing back then Townsend and Wilf will be the two alongside/ behind Benteke won't he?

Yep, and de Jong is an option there plus back up for benteke

Spindle
08-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Especially as MI is off to Stoke

Payroll Legend
08-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Injury prone so the Newcastle bloke at work says anyway.

100% Palace
08-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Hasn't he played about 90 games in the last couple of seasons?

PauLo
08-08-2017, 09:05 AM

And scored a shit load of goals too. Safe to say his spell at Newcastle was a one off.

Super eagle
08-08-2017, 09:05 AM
You're talking about the other one. This guy has scores around 50 goals the last 3 seasons

GreatGonzo
08-08-2017, 09:14 AM
You're talking about the other one. This guy has scores around 50 goals the last 3 seasons

8 goals in 31 games last season, scored 20+ the 2 previous seasons.

exiledeagle
08-08-2017, 09:16 AM

2014-15 P 45 G 26

2015-16 P 43 G 32

2016-17 P 37 G 9

cpfcfan1
08-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Think he'd do well in our setup

4 cryingOutloud
08-08-2017, 03:39 PM

So is every player who's kicked in the right place regularly, breaks his leg, twists his knee, pulls a tendon, etc. Nobody is ever injury free, and even if we did manage to find one, he'd probably trip on a blade of grass during his first game and miss the next six months.

4 cryingOutloud
08-08-2017, 03:43 PM

Where does this FFP info come from?

Reg_Maudling
08-08-2017, 03:46 PM
I don't know anything about him but we need at least one forward very soon

thereichstuff
09-08-2017, 03:36 PM
On his way to the weeds apparently.

brooklynlou
09-08-2017, 04:04 PM
On his way to the weeds apparently.

Link please ...

thereichstuff
09-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Link please ...

No link , just hearsay .

PauLo
09-08-2017, 04:13 PM
No link , just hearsay .

From...

thereichstuff
09-08-2017, 04:32 PM
From...

A weed . They were making two signings this week and they've got the first one and now they're after a striker for a record fee , probably from Psv again .

cp eagles
09-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Not interested in him

thereichstuff
09-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Not interested in him

You or the club ?

PALACEWU
09-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Not interested in him

He just text me to tell you he never fancied you eiver.

cp eagles
09-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Fdb has mentioned the club aren't interested

thereichstuff
09-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Fdb has mentioned the club aren't interested

Cheers .

cdm61
09-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Translation from the web site where FdB was interviewed

It could be very good that Spits Luuk de Jong has already played his last game for PSV. The center attacker is in the interest of a number of clubs, but Hannover 96 would like to hit nails with heads. Apparently, the Germans have already offered to De Jong.

The Sky Sports Germany media reports that the Bundesliga team has already submitted a specific offer to PSV. However, the Germans would not want to pay so much for their goal. The Eindhoven's asking price would be around 5 million euros, but the offer of Hanover, which is not yet specified, would not be available.

Crystal Palace is still in the market for the starring PSV, which has lost its base in the Philips Stadium, losing itself to Jürgen Locadia. In the 2015-2016 season, De Jong performed well at PSV, including in the Champions League, but in the last football year, the attacker did not know that level at all.

Update 18:24 hours
Crystal Palace coach Frank de Boer has just announced that his club is not in the market for PSV striker Luuk de Jong. He was linked to the Premier League club for a while but is not in the picture.

"Pretty expensive and not exactly what we are looking for", the old Ajax is quoted by journalist Job van der Zon of Ziggo Sports. Also, fellow PSV Jeroen Zoet is linked to Palace.

Read more: http://www.soccernews.nl/news/399375/The_Boer_reactors :_wil_hij_PSVer_De_Jong_naar_Palace_halen?#ixzz4pH aNbVrx

brooklynlou
09-08-2017, 06:31 PM
"Pretty expensive and not exactly what we are looking for"
As quintessential a Dutch response as you're ever gonna hear :D

Owngoal
09-08-2017, 06:42 PM
God I thought their standard of English was meant to be pretty good in Holland. It is a bit like the standard of the average Hennessy knocker - 32 DD cup

Jasper
09-08-2017, 06:45 PM
God I thought their standard of English was meant to be pretty good in Holland. It is a bit like the standard of the average Hennessy knocker - 32 DD cup

I'm actually impressed that you managed to reference Hennessy here.

mb23
09-08-2017, 06:57 PM
"Pretty expensive and not exactly what we are looking for"
As quintessential a Dutch response as you're ever gonna hear :D

Wonder whether the 'pretty expensive' means he thinks de Jong specifically isn't value for money, or whether we have a tight budget.

4 cryingOutloud
09-08-2017, 09:24 PM
He just text me to tell you he never fancied you eiver.

How sarf Lundun. :supergrin:

4 cryingOutloud
09-08-2017, 09:26 PM

It clearly says, Translation from the web site where FdB was interviewed. How's your Dutch by the way? :love:

ebyeeckeagle
09-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Misunderstanding that google translate isn't great and doesn't exactly represent the Dutch grasp of English, whilst inserting a dig at anyone who doesn't love Wayne. Great stuff.

hdeagle
10-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Frank De Boer has said that Luuk De Jong is not in his plans as he is not the type of striker that he is looking for.

This thread is now history.

McpfcS
10-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Frank De Boer has said that Luuk De Jong is not in his plans as he is not the type of striker that he is looking for.

Or FdB is being commercial

bigend1
10-08-2017, 11:38 AM

Bigend1 has told his Mrs he can't see the appeal of the dragon princess on GOT.

She didn't consider that conversation history

(She was right)