PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Oumar Niasse

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bigend1
07-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Had a good record prior to Everton and played well in a very poor hull side.

Pace, power and non stop working with a good finish.

Could play back up to benteke or preferably on the left side of a front 3

Available and reasonably cheap and he was very highly rated before Everton where he didn't really get a chance.

Would take him over de Jong to cover benteke and preferably on the left

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:06 AM
No thanks. Terrible footballer

bigend1
07-08-2017, 07:19 AM
How good are we going to get for back up? He didn't have a chance at Everton only playing a handful of games but was very highly rated before that and was one of hulls best players in the resurgence that nearly kept them up.

He's a player with a loss of form after a big transfer that has lots of potential and would probably come here willing to fight for a place on a modest fee. His style suits us and could play a couple of positions. As a back up player which we also need he's far from a terrible option.

Ideally we want someone who will come and compete with benteke for a start. That will be very expensive and I can't see anyone coming of that quality to potentially sit on the bench. Then we'd need another player to cover the wide forward positions. Failing that someone like niasse is better than lee, sako and what we are getting linked too

CharlieCPFC
07-08-2017, 07:28 AM
He actually put in some decent performances for Hull, at Selhurst I didn't think he was upto much personally but he's shown he can be a handful on his day.

Thefunkymonk
07-08-2017, 07:36 AM
How good are we going to get for back up? He didn't have a chance at Everton only playing a handful of games but was very highly rated before that and was one of hulls best players in the resurgence that nearly kept them up.

He's a player with a loss of form after a big transfer that has lots of potential and would probably come here willing to fight for a place on a modest fee. His style suits us and could play a couple of positions. As a back up player which we also need he's far from a terrible option.

Ideally we want someone who will come and compete with benteke for a start. That will be very expensive and I can't see anyone coming of that quality to potentially sit on the bench. Then we'd need another player to cover the wide forward positions. Failing that someone like niasse is better than lee, sako and what we are getting linked too

Niasse is better than nobody, granted. But is Campbell level. So as a 3rd/4th choice striker then maybe

SilentAssassin
07-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Strikes me as a player that needs to be first choice just for his own confidence. That place won't be here and we aren't at that level anymore with someone like Benteke up top as I can't see him rivaling him for a starting spot.

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Nice sort of player to have up alongside Benteke though with half an hour left. Not Bentekes game to run onto balls through the middle. Would take him for his pace and power.

Martin H
07-08-2017, 08:08 AM

He is a funny one to work out. He certainly puts in the effort, strong and powerful, pacy and has scored some great goals in his time but at times can look completely useless and fail to score from a yard. As a low cost wild card maybe but not sure I would risk relying on him to start.

Sir.S.C Remembered
07-08-2017, 05:06 PM

Harsh but not good enough. The sort of player who should not block a youth player

redemptionday
09-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Read Everton forums - they honestly think he's one of the worst players they've ever had

cpfcfan1
09-08-2017, 06:21 PM
That's because he's toilet.

Martin H
09-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Read Everton forums - they honestly think he's one of the worst players they've ever had

I have read some of that before and TBH it seems way over the top for someone they have barely seen (152 mins). Got the impression that someone had a whisper from inside the club and that got out and every one joined in. (not suggesting him, more a comment re the toffees)

Young Trolley
09-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Everton fan I know reckons it was a stitch up job by Martinez as a leaving gift before they got rid of him

karl.eldridge
29-08-2017, 10:05 AM
We're after him and so are Brighton.

Everton want 10m

According to the Guardian.

FromSelhurst
29-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Let him go Brighton

ForzaPalace
29-08-2017, 10:11 AM
******* binman

Terrace Bickle
29-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Let him go Brighton
If this is the striker that is meant to save our season.... albeit he didn't too badly at Hull.

Malarkey
29-08-2017, 10:12 AM
I've heard he can play....

Total football

RisZero
29-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Ive heard he can play...

No football

kark
29-08-2017, 10:15 AM
He is awful

jaspercpfc
29-08-2017, 10:40 AM
he really isn't as bad as some people make out. Which striker of any note would consider joining us knowing they'll be "back up"
We've entertained this move in the past, and it smacks of a plan b should plan A not materialise and another brief glimpse that De Boer will probably have no say in who comes in.

Malarkey
29-08-2017, 10:41 AM
he really isn't as bad as some people make out.

Agreed

Martin H
29-08-2017, 10:46 AM
10m is stupid but as a backup striker on the bench that puts himself about and causes havoc and occasionally hits screamers he would be OK at 5m or 6m and sensible wages. Has pace, strength and stamina. Clumsy, far from clinical and apparently that is all we are good for at Palace so fans should like him after a while because we can bitch about how s*** he is but he tries.

Serious option I suspect.

bigend1
29-08-2017, 10:57 AM
I started this this as for the right money he'd be decent back up and can cover a variety of positions.

Was good pre Everton, was good hull. Awful at Everton but has what? Three games or so? ;)

10m is far too much for me though, even in today's money. Maybe with add ons but my idea signing him was as cover for relatively low cost so as to facilitate signings such as Sakho. If that happens it's a good signing.. for less real money

elgin eagle
29-08-2017, 10:58 AM
he really isn't as bad as some people make out. Which striker of any note would consider joining us knowing they'll be "back up"
We've entertained this move in the past, and it smacks of a plan b should plan A not materialise and another brief glimpse that De Boer will probably have no say in who comes in.

Would like 2 see two up top now and again. Think Benteke could really benefit from some help sometimes.

Thefunkymonk
29-08-2017, 11:01 AM
He's crap. And 10m.. god no.

RisZero
29-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Was he good at Hull really though? I remember him having maybe 2 okay games and then never hearing of him again?

Timbo
29-08-2017, 11:08 AM
I recall him being lively every time I saw him on MOTD etc. Looks decent enough and beggars cant be choosers....

Mr Palace
29-08-2017, 11:10 AM
This is how low we currently are but I would take this. So depressing but at least he has pace and movement. We need two more strikers/players who can play wide in a front three, so could be one. I had hoped for much better but who knows what we are doing striker wise given our complacency in starting the season with one fit senior striker.

aj4england
29-08-2017, 11:28 AM
This is how low we currently are but I would take this. So depressing but at least he has pace and movement. We need two more strikers/players who can play wide in a front three, so could be one. I had hoped for much better but who knows what we are doing striker wise given our complacency in starting the season with one fit senior striker.

We are doing what SP always does look for value , problem is how many points do we loose in the meantime

Friskey
29-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Shocking footballer.

eagle-leg
29-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Strong, quick, energetic. As a second striker or option from the bench I think he would be a reasonable signing.

Not sure which world class strikers everybody thinks we should get, who would sit on the bench for us and also leave us with enough money yo get sakho and a new gk?

eagle-leg
29-08-2017, 11:39 AM
He's crap. And 10m.. god no.

This is a market in which townsend is worth 28m.

10m is last seasons 5m.

Wright+Bright
29-08-2017, 11:42 AM
I just saw that Aluko is going to from Fulham to Reading for 7.5m so 10m for this guys seems like a bargain! Useful option off the bench.

Jon_C-Pal
29-08-2017, 11:48 AM
I just saw that Aluko is going to from Fulham to Reading for 7.5m so 10m for this guys seems like a bargain! Useful option off the bench.

What the actual ****?! Utter madness coz he's crap.

brighton_eagle
29-08-2017, 11:50 AM
After 5 years in the premier league are we really in for the same players as Brighton ffs.

Stockport_Eagle
29-08-2017, 12:08 PM
After 5 years in the premier league are we really in for the same players as Brighton ffs.
We're just in for their targets so they can't get them...we're that big now we can do that just for fun :lux: :rolleyes:

Nigelbrag
29-08-2017, 12:12 PM
We need a back up striker or someone that could play alongside of just off Benteke if circumstances were to change with the manager which could well happen sooner rather than later.
Just go and make an offer for Dwight Gayle who is up for grabs or in a straight swap for Hennessey, knows the club and fans so no problems settling and probably could be bought for around 8m. Also we know what he is capable off if played CORRECTLY (off Benteke is ideal) he would guarantee you 10/12 goals if not more, if played all season. What is there not to like?
Why are we wanting to gamble 10/12m on someone like Niasse when we know he has struggled previously at other clubs, get in Gayle as the "nippy" striker we need and when Wickham is back there is like for like cover for Benteke.

cdm61
29-08-2017, 12:29 PM
The Guardian are saying we haven't made a bid, Brighton a loan/fee bid

St.AlbansEagle
29-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Are the same people moaning about this also the ones crying out for us to sign Sakho?

Blowing the majority of our budget on one player has consequences...

Martin H
29-08-2017, 12:34 PM
We need a back up striker or someone that could play alongside of just off Benteke if circumstances were to change with the manager which could well happen sooner rather than later.
Just go and make an offer for Dwight Gayle who is up for grabs or in a straight swap for Hennessey, knows the club and fans so no problems settling and probably could be bought for around 8m. Also we know what he is capable off if played CORRECTLY (off Benteke is ideal) he would guarantee you 10/12 goals if not more, if played all season. What is there not to like?
Why are we wanting to gamble 10/12m on someone like Niasse when we know he has struggled previously at other clubs, get in Gayle as the "nippy" striker we need and when Wickham is back there is like for like cover for Benteke.

Oh FFS. Sorry Nigel this first exasperation is far wider than your post but WTF is it about Palace that makes so many of us want our old players back.

Back to your specific post - I would say that if his current manager, Benitez, has recognised immediately that he isn't going to make it at Premier level despite having him as a thundering goal machine in the Championship, then I would say that is as good an answer as you can get. His problem isn't putting away a chance when he gets it it's the poor movement and play to get him into those positions and the inability to make a difference other than poking it away. Its awesome when he scores but .......

I wouldn't pay 10m for Niasse, but that's a different question. If Gayle was available for $5m then it might make sense but he won't be surely, because a Championship club will pay big money for those goals.

The point is that each Premier Manager he has had has looked at him, fancied him up front and then concluded exactly the same thing. That is why for me.

Friskey
29-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Are the same people moaning about this also the ones crying out for us to sign Sakho?

Blowing the majority of our budget on one player has consequences...

Nope.

Nigelbrag
29-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Oh FFS. Sorry Nigel this first exasperation is far wider than your post but WTF is it about Palace that makes so many of us want our old players back.

Back to your specific post - I would say that if his current manager, Benitez, has recognised immediately that he isn't going to make it at Premier level despite having him as a thundering goal machine in the Championship, then I would say that is as good an answer as you can get. His problem isn't putting away a chance when he gets it it's the poor movement and play to get him into those positions and the inability to make a difference other than poking it away. Its awesome when he scores but .......

I wouldn't pay 10m for Niasse, but that's a different question. If Gayle was available for $5m then it might make sense but he won't be surely, because a Championship club will pay big money for those goals.

The point is that each Premier Manager he has had has looked at him, fancied him up front and then concluded exactly the same thing. That is why for me.

Martin,
Let me explain my reasons which i thought i had. As for the points you raised i.e not rated by his manager, how often do we see this happen? is it a true reflection of the players ability? or just that he does not figure in his manager's plans, as in the case of Townsend with FdB.
As for Gayle not being able to cut it in the premiership that may or may not be the case, but what is certain is whilst at Palace he was seldom used where he should have to be at his most effective.
How often have we all said what the hell is he doing playing a lone striker role? and when used alongside Murray was deadly as we remember against Liverpool, as for his movements yes it could be better, but on the flip side his conversion rate is very good and is it not that which is what we judge and want from a striker?
If Palace are going to get ourselves out of this rut without getting deeper in it soon then we need to go back to basics, and that should mean Benteke getting the service he needs to be effective, and ideally playing a fellow striker either alongside OR just off to make this Palace side a bigger goal threat which it would be.
I accept it won't happen with what FdB is attempting to play, but maybe he needs get real if it's failing as it clearly is, ok all be it after just a few games, but with players looking bemused and confused at times says it all.
And to prove that point, here we are after 3 games (all lost) 6 goals conceded and None scored surely says it ain't working, do we need to get to the point of no return before realising, when maybe the answer lays at looking at playing something different which could work better.
As for his value surely in this ludicrous market if asked to pay what Niasse is going for is not unreasonable, and as for Premier managers backing off, then they need to realise if you play a 5ft 6ins tall striker as the lone striker and wonder why they are not getting the best out of him, then they need to look at themselves and their own judgement.

Danny boy
29-08-2017, 01:58 PM

Yeah but Niasse would probably be their first choice striker whereas he would just a decent back up striker with pace for us.

KungFuCharlie
29-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Niasse would be better than Shola Ameobi, Kevin Doyle or 33-year old AJ.

So, from a recruitment perspective, an improvement.

Mr Palace
29-08-2017, 02:44 PM
This transfer window has been a pain in Niasse.

Mr Palace
29-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Niasse would be better than Shola Ameobi, Kevin Doyle or 33-year old AJ.

So, from a recruitment perspective, an improvement.

Keep setting the bar high :D

Martin H
29-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Martin,
Let me explain my reasons which i thought i had. As for the points you raised i.e not rated by his manager, how often do we see this happen? is it a true reflection of the players ability? or just that he does not figure in his manager's plans, as in the case of Townsend with FdB.
As for Gayle not being able to cut it in the premiership that may or may not be the case, but what is certain is whilst at Palace he was seldom used where he should have to be at his most effective.
How often have we all said what the hell is he doing playing a lone striker role? and when used alongside Murray was deadly as we remember against Liverpool, as for his movements yes it could be better, but on the flip side his conversion rate is very good and is it not that which is what we judge and want from a striker?
If Palace are going to get ourselves out of this rut without getting deeper in it soon then we need to go back to basics, and that should mean Benteke getting the service he needs to be effective, and ideally playing a fellow striker either alongside OR just off to make this Palace side a bigger goal threat which it would be.
As for his value surely in this ludicrous market if asked to pay what Niasse is going for is not unreasonable, and as for Premier managers backing off, then they need to realise if you play a 5ft 6ins tall striker as the lone striker and wonder why they are not getting the best out of him, then they need to look at themselves and their own judgement.

Nigel - appreciate you taking the time and as ever very clear. Most of your points I agree with BTW as principles. (I deleted the FDB stuff or this will just turn into yet another kill the witch thread and I can't cope)

The core points for me is that we did over his time with us play Gayle in all sorts of positions and combinations. It did work for a few mins at the end of the Liverpool game and I don't doubt his finishing and maybe a better all round game up at Burnley but it rarely worked out for long. I just think if all of those different Managers reach the same conclusion over 3 years then they can't all be wrong can they? The most telling is Benitez who arguably has seen the best of him as he scored goals for fun there. The Mgr is no slouch and knows his players. If he really can't see a place for Gayle after that, then there has to be a shortfall. Unless there is a personal explanation (that I haven't got wind of) but I don't think Gayle asked for the move.

Anyway - the difference between is more that I am resigned to that conclusion and I think you still hope for a better outcome. If he was to come back I would be rooting for him but I wouldn't go chasing him.

Re Niasse - I understand the rep he has and have seen him miss some howlers but there is definite some raw material there and I have also seen some screamers. So as a low cost backup striker at 5 or 6m he is probably OK but understand he controls the ball like Ladapo. TBH if Gayle was available at that price then you would snap him up too but he won't be will he? More like 15m or more?

In another thread I would like to know what service to Benteke looks like because I am getting less clear the more I see him. but that should be in another thread. Cheers

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 08:39 AM
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-palace-to-beat-brighton-to-10m-everton-star

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Didn't realise he was 27.

runaldo
31-08-2017, 08:48 AM
I really hope this isnt the case. Couldnt even cut it in Norway.

orp pisshead1
31-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Talk about not respecting the what a ******* waste , rather we looked further down the leagues . Ohhhh we'd need a scouting system for that.

glenn.f
31-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Sounds about right for us but you'd have to fear for the lad as the next scapegoat status if he did sign.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Talk about not respecting the what a ******* waste , rather we looked further down the leagues . Ohhhh we'd need a scouting system for that.

Hard to disagree with you.. if true

Naboo
31-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Telling that Marco Silva hasnt gone in for him at Watford considering he managed him at Hull ..

ForzaPalace
31-08-2017, 09:06 AM
He's probably on a low wage and that's the only reason we've gone for him. Incredibly underwhelming.

PremierPalace
31-08-2017, 09:11 AM
He scored a couple at a struggling Hull last year. Dead quick. It's not glamorous and probably too much to be paying, but we won't get a much better back up today for that price. Just hoping for Sakho and a keeper

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 09:14 AM
If we sign him and Tosun, I'm happy. Just him, then I'm underwhelmed beyond belief.

mb23
31-08-2017, 09:16 AM
If we sign him and Tosun, I'm happy. Just him, then I'm underwhelmed beyond belief.

Yep, I see him as a third choice striker (fourth when Wickham's back). The reported 10m seems a lot though, although only the club will know how much we really pay on transfer fees.

Big Blue Eagle
31-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Yep, I see him as a third choice striker (fourth when Wickham's back). The reported 10m seems a lot though, although only the club will know how much we really pay on transfer fees.
The enigma that is Dwight Gayle is being touted at 15m so 10m is not a lot at all. Two strikers, maybe this one plus the Turk would then allow us to loan/sell Anderson & Ladapo.

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Fee agreed for Niasse

https://twitter.com/DaveHytner/status/903187052195393536

cpfcfan1
31-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Grim

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Hope it's cheap

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Would rather the Turkish bloke

McpfcS
31-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Depressing - has no record at all which suggests he could do a job for us.

But I guess when the benchmark is Keshi Anderson and Freddie Ladapo it's still somehow an improvement on what we have.

What a mess.

Far East Eagle
Parish Bargain Basement Special!

Glad we waited until the last day in August to get this one over the line!

RisZero
Dont rate him but like others said if he is cheap as hell and becomes 3rd choice then whatever

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Depressing - has no record at all which suggests he could do a job for us.

But I guess when the benchmark is Keshi Anderson and Freddie Ladapo it's still somehow an improvement on what we have.

What a mess.

He looked decent for hull and is a target man who is very quick.

We could do worse.

elgin eagle

Yeah, feel the same. Would have some good powerful strikers then.

Payney
Better than what we currently have as backup, But shit none the less.

McpfcS
31-08-2017, 09:33 AM
He looked decent for hull and is a target man who is very quick. We could do worse.

Scored 4 in 17 for Hull. Has no worthwhile record before that. But an improvement on what we have no doubt.

Big Blue Eagle
31-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Parish Bargain Basement Special!

Glad we waited until the last day in August to get this one over the line!

So how much would you be willing to pay for a probable third choice striker who would also be happy to usually be sat on the bench? 15m? 20m?

FromSelhurst
31-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Oh dear, please dont be true.

Gathers54
31-08-2017, 09:35 AM
An Improvement on nothing no doubt but it's taken us this long to go for a player we actively pursue on loan in the last window.

Gollum
31-08-2017, 09:36 AM
He's a back up player destined for our bench. Effectively, he replaces Frazier Campbell.
We're unlikely to find a better player (at the right price) to accept that position ?

Gyro1780
31-08-2017, 09:36 AM
So we wait until the very last day of the window to get some good deals & this is the best we can do ?

palacea
31-08-2017, 09:37 AM
“Crystal Palace have agreed a fee with Everton for the permanent transfer of Oumar Niasse,” reveals David Hytner. “The Senegal striker will now discuss personal terms with the London club. Brighton have also been interested in him and they have tried to take him on loan. But Palace, who do continue to explore other centre-forward options, are in the driving seat.”

Kidofwonder
31-08-2017, 09:37 AM
10 million

Stinger1
31-08-2017, 09:38 AM
My Everton mate said he's the worse signing he's ever seen and never looked like scoring. Can't believe someone is prepared to pay 10 million.

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Him and Benteke played up top together would be a real handful. Gives me hope that we are getting Coppell back to rough up the premier league instead of ponce about with it.

McpfcS
31-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Him and Benteke played up top together would be a real handful. Gives me hope that we are getting Coppell back to rough up the premier league instead of ponce about with it.

We won't be playing two up top whoever our manager is.

averity
Don't think he is the answer

cdm61
Another dead weight for the wage bill

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Feels underwhelming but at least we would have another option upfront which is the absolute minimum. I hope its 10m when a load of clauses are included.

Eagle Kneevil
One thing I like about Niasse is he works his nuts off. That's the Palace way - limited but committed.

TWELLSEagle
He looked good for Hull so would be happy with this but hope it's in addition to tosun not instead of

palacea

Link up man he will. i.e no Puncheon

Al From Bromley
31-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Extremely underwhelmed. Never scored for Everton, only played five times for them, and 4 goals for Hull in 17 games. Very average.

thomasbroad
I think if he was coming from Moscow - we'd be more excited.
He has all the attributes, quick and strong...just hasn't worked out at Everton

elgin eagle

We will at times. Perhaps god forbid, even at home.

adman50
31-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Fact of the matter he scored a few goals in a poor Hull side.

Makes me laugh when people think Wickham is the saviour when really on paper they are very very much alike.

palacea
31-08-2017, 09:43 AM
kQToxDTzi_M

Danny boy
Scored 4 in 17 for Hull. Has no worthwhile record before that. But an improvement on what we have no doubt.

Not the best record but Hull were quite defensive last season. If we go back to counter attacking football his pace could be threatening.

Malarkey
Extremely underwhelmed. Never scored for Everton, only played five times for them, and 4 goals for Hull in 17 games. Very average.

But didn't Hull score about 10 goals all season?

Lydder
31-08-2017, 09:44 AM

THIS ^

Will be a complete waste of money, my Everton mate said he has the worst first touch he's ever seen....

Sceagle

Anyone is an improvement on nothing I suppose...

Wilbraham would be an improvement

Ruskin Old Boy
Good grief.

Hopeless against Palace in the 0-4 in May.

Eagle Kneevil
31-08-2017, 09:46 AM
THIS ^

Will be a complete waste of money, my Everton mate said he has the worst first touch he's ever seen....

Ah, but he never saw Big Calv.

kadir
31-08-2017, 09:47 AM
He played in a team in our league.
The big teams of our league regret not taking it.
The team we played in our league is small but he scored 15 goals and made 7 assists.

SilentAssassin
31-08-2017, 09:47 AM
So it's Niasse over Cenk Tosun? Disappointing if so after hearing how much Besiktas fans rate Tosun.

Shipp Ahoy!
31-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Actually think he could be very good for us.

Whenever I saw him for Hull he looked very lively.

That said, if this is instead of the Turkish bloke I will be disappointed.

Terrace Bickle
Can't help thinking this, but must be the 'cheapest' option, hope we still want the Turk.

Mictor Voses
Could be a good signing. Scored goals at a 1/3 rate in a crap Hull side last season and will offer us pace up front which we desperately lack right now.

Quite what people expect from a club our size, who spent 32m on a striker last summer and spent more than any other PL club in January just gone- I don't know.

CPFC.1990
31-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Everton supporters put him up there with Brett Angell. What a bizarre signing this would be.

cdm61
31-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Could be a good signing. Scored goals at a 1/3 rate in a crap Hull side last season and will offer us pace up front which we desperately lack right now.

Quite what people expect from a club our size, who spent 32m on a striker last summer and spent more than any other PL club in January just gone- I don't know.

A coherent recrutiment policy that fits the style of play - one which adds quality to places in the side that lack it - which is the total opposite of what we've done.

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 09:52 AM

Would have to be as well as you would think. Mind you this is Palace. At least he ticks the pace and hard worker boxes.

palacea
31-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Not the best record but Hull were quite defensive last season. If we go back to counter attacking football his pace could be threatening.

A sign this is a Parish/DF signing with an eye that FDB will be out sooner rather than later?

OLD BASING EAGLE
31-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Ssn saying Brighton also in for him.

CPFC.1990
31-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Ssn saying Brighton also in for him.

Please.

Davy64
31-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Waste of money. Wouldve rather got wood or some in form European striker

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 09:56 AM
THIS ^

I remember a video posted last time when he was linked with us ( playing for Everton I think and every touch went to opposition or out of play )

Mictor Voses
31-08-2017, 09:58 AM
A coherent recrutiment policy that fits the style of play - one which adds quality to places in the side that lack it - which is the total opposite of what we've done.

So a tall, strong, pacy striker who can play by himself or in a two doesn't fit in with our style of play?

palacea
31-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Waste of money. Wouldve rather got wood or some in form European striker

It does make you wonder what is going on at this club. A player no one clearly wants, and could have come 2 or 3 months ago.

Adlerhorst
31-08-2017, 09:59 AM

I seriously doubt we'll buy two strikers

CPFC.1990
I just find it hard to believe that Frank De Boer would have the slightest interest in a player like this. Especially as he likes his teams to play football. Niasse has bags of energy but in terms of technique and control he's limited.

Everton are laughing.

El Aguila
I'm sure you'll get wood eventually. Just keep at it.

cpfcfan1
31-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Brighton want him on loan

AJ's right boot
Absolutely grim

Al From Bromley
Also off Twitter from an Everton fan: Our worst striker in over 20 years. Yet to be convinced he is an actual footballer

alexcpfc
31-08-2017, 10:01 AM
No thanks

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 10:01 AM
A sign this is a Parish/DF signing with an eye that FDB will be out sooner rather than later?

Maybe but I think after the meeting de Boer might be willing to change his style, I hope so anyway.

Gathers54
31-08-2017, 10:02 AM
I just find it hard to believe that Frank De Boer would have the slightest interest in a player like this. Especially as he likes his teams to play football. Niasse has bags of energy but in terms of technique and control he's limited.

Everton are laughing.
That's just it, I don't know much about Niasse other than reading what the Evertons supporters were saying last time we were interested and they were not good things but this isn't a FDB signing. No way would a manager who has managed in Europe come to the PL and say yes let's buy Niasse.

BBK
31-08-2017, 10:05 AM

It's a sign! A sign that Earth is not flat.

GreatGonzo
31-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Everton will not be laughing, no matter what in an inflating market they will have to take a loss on the player. Bit like saying we will be laughing if someone takes Mutch, we will just be relieved!

If the 10m includes various clauses it would not be a bad back up option but possibly this is a deal to do late if our first choice doesn't happen?

sky dancer
31-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Newcastle want 18m for Gayle. It's a mad market.

RCUK
31-08-2017, 10:11 AM
As long as this is a signing to bolster the squad than the only signing of a forward today its a win.

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Everton will not be laughing, no matter what in an inflating market they will have to take a loss on the player. Bit like saying we will be laughing if someone takes Mutch, we will just be relieved!

If the 10m includes various clauses it would not be a bad back up option but possibly this is a deal to do late if our first choice doesn't happen?

Looks like it could be.

@bbcsport_david

As @DaveHytner & others report Palace have agreed fee with Everton for Niasse. However certainly not done, #CPFC still pursuing options #EFC

Chunt
31-08-2017, 10:14 AM
One thing I like about Niasse is he works his nuts off. That's the Palace way - limited but committed.

In which case we should have just kept Frasier Campbell.

WorthingEagle
31-08-2017, 10:16 AM
In which case we should have just kept Frasier Campbell.

Or signed Jonathan Walters.

SilentAssassin
31-08-2017, 10:16 AM
Hopefully he carries on down the M23 to Brighton.

Stavros 69
31-08-2017, 10:20 AM
10m is nothing these days.
Not bad value

Mr Mojo Risin
31-08-2017, 10:24 AM
As a back up striker to Benteke, and Wickham once he is fit, it wouldn't be a bad signing.

CaterhamEagle
31-08-2017, 10:26 AM
In the context of AJ, Doyle, Sanogo and Adebayor this doesn't look as bad.

Still holding out hope for better, though.

Martin H
31-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Remember seeing the highlights from his Russian club when Everton signed him and thinking that they might have unearthed another good player. Everton have one of the better scouting records (especially for younger players).

Not sure what went wrong for him at Everton but it struck me as he left that their fan response to him was widely known and most people hadn't see him play for Everton. So before arriving at Hull he had an awful rep. He seemed to do OK at Hull but TBH I am not sure what the fans thought of him.

If he can come on and perform anything like that the Russian footage all will be good. He does seem to put himself about, with power and pace. I doubt anyone here will give him a chance if he comes though because we seem to be schizophrenic these days. We don't want this nanny pamby passing to a Palace player thing, or patience on the ball. Nope, we want gungho , run around, sweat your b****** off players that run anywhere for 90 mins. One turns up and he isn't good enough for us....... right.....

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Seems we're keen to help other teams out with their deadwood!

This is what happens when you leave it too late. Hopefully it's a back up for a back up.

BringbackShipps
31-08-2017, 10:29 AM
"We understand no deal has been agreed for the transfer of Oumar Niasse.

However, Crystal Palace are interested in the 27-year-old.

Reports in the newspapers have been reporting that Palace had agreed a deal with Everton for the striker."

Skysports.

fanny farm
31-08-2017, 10:29 AM
This is a last minute desperate signing. Absolute shit player

whereEaglesFly
31-08-2017, 10:30 AM
In the context of AJ, Doyle, Sanogo and Adebayor this doesn't look as bad.

Still holding out hope for better, though.

Would 100% rather have Adebayor again

GanbareWashi
31-08-2017, 10:31 AM
We need a striker. Who else is available this late in the day? No choice really.

Now if the question is about the amount it took us to get in a new striker, than that is a different story.

macstar
31-08-2017, 10:32 AM
This is a last minute desperate signing. Absolute shit player

stats look pretty shite

cpfcfan124
31-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Terrible, hasn't got a first touch... so if this is a FdB signing, lets give up now :clown:

Thin on Top
31-08-2017, 10:35 AM
FFS, terrible, this guy could make onions weep.

Adlerhorst
31-08-2017, 10:36 AM
If Niasse is worth 10m I reckon I am worth 200k

TC EAGLE
31-08-2017, 10:45 AM
11;39 SSN guy at Everton training ground just reported no bids made for him

Kidofwonder
31-08-2017, 10:47 AM
This is a last resort deal, think we'll explore other options first

Kirby
31-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Did well for Hull but really not convinced.

Suppose he'll do as back up for Benteke.

bigend1
31-08-2017, 10:59 AM
11;39 SSN guy at Everton training ground just reported no bids made for him

No deal agreed not no bids

costello
31-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Desperate

Jman
31-08-2017, 11:00 AM
He scored a few for Hull didn't he?

Eagle Kneevil
31-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Maybe I've been a fan for too long, but I like the idea of picking up someone who has something to prove. Most of Coppell's team was like that.

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 11:15 AM
People are never going to be happy but for 10 million its an OK deal for a serviceable back up striker. Not long ago he was highly rated and im sure he will want to prove a point.

Oli28
31-08-2017, 11:19 AM
He's nowhere near as bad as most on this thread are suggesting

st albans
31-08-2017, 11:19 AM
thought he looked quite good for hull

BBK
31-08-2017, 11:20 AM
thought he looked quite good for hull

He did. People talking shit to take swipes at FdB and Dougie.

srh
31-08-2017, 11:24 AM
He scored a few for Hull didn't he?

4 in 22

Martin H
31-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Maybe I've been a fan for too long, but I like the idea of picking up someone who has something to prove. Most of Coppell's team was like that.

Always remember how Bright had been struggling to score at Leicester and started that season in their reserve team. But not many of those in a Jamboree bag these days.

Davy64
31-08-2017, 11:29 AM
No deal agreed not no bids
Praise the Lord

Zohar's Penalty
31-08-2017, 11:30 AM
We've got one centre forward. ONE.

I will open this guy with open arms at this stage.

In reality we should've been in for the likes of Chris Wood a long time ago.

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 11:35 AM
We've got one centre forward. ONE.

I will open this guy with open arms at this stage.

In reality we should've been in for the likes of Chris Wood a long time ago.

Dude don't think logically about it, just bad mouth any player we are linked to.

New LP
31-08-2017, 11:36 AM
We were linked with him last season before he joined Hull.

eddieskyclad
I know he hasn't exactly proved himself in English Football but if we wipe out the last few years and were picking him up from Moskow for 10m we'd be so excited about this signing.

Funny how perspective changes.

Zohar's Penalty
Dude don't think logically about it, just bad mouth any player we are linked to.

And players that already play for us. :p

mcmean
31-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Was written off by Everton fans but did well in a struggling Hull side. I'd give him a chance

Friskey
31-08-2017, 11:41 AM
This guy is truly woeful.

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 11:46 AM
This is a back up deal in case Tosun doesn't happen, won't be both

New LP
31-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I know he hasn't exactly proved himself in English Football but if we wipe out the last few years and were picking him up from Moskow for 10m we'd be so excited about this signing.

Yes the 'not proven himself in English football' but is the worry as we play in English football.

I wonder what Hull fans think of him?

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 11:52 AM

This is the BBS on deadlne day there is no perspective

richdeniro
31-08-2017, 11:56 AM
This guy will follow the Kebe, Mutch, Sako, Lee route and will end up on our books for 2-3 years whilst being impossible to move on due being a Championship level player but earning too high a wage for a Championship club to afford.

CPFC.1990
31-08-2017, 11:56 AM
So Burnley sign Nakhi Wells for 5m and we are looking to pay 10m for Niasse.

Wells at 5m is decent cover, Niasse at 10m who isn't as good as Wells is just crazy!

Billyd
31-08-2017, 11:58 AM
He was awful vs us

thomasbroad
31-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Fingers crossed the Tosun deal does come off!

Terrace Bickle
31-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Fingers crossed the Tosun deal does come off!
Yes tell him we'll be stuck with this donkey if he doesn't sign. Might win a sympathy vote.

Hector
31-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Well lets hope Tosun comes off because this guy is rubbish.

GreatGonzo
31-08-2017, 12:40 PM
So Burnley sign Nakhi Wells for 5m and we are looking to pay 10m for Niasse.

Wells at 5m is decent cover, Niasse at 10m who isn't as good as Wells is just crazy!

Niasse has scored infinitely more goals at PL level!

Huddersfield do not think Wells is good enough for the Premier League.

Thanet Eagle
31-08-2017, 12:42 PM
He is a funny one to work out. He certainly puts in the effort, strong and powerful, pacy and has scored some great goals in his time but at times can look completely useless and fail to score from a yard. As a low cost wild card maybe but not sure I would risk relying on him to start.

Sounds like the perfect Palace player.

Gazpacho
31-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Would much prefer Musa from Leicester who plays all across a front three. However, Musa going on loan to Hull it seems.

st albans
31-08-2017, 01:10 PM
He was awful vs us

So was maguire...

bigend1
31-08-2017, 01:12 PM
He was awful vs us

They all were to be fair. Game got to them and once they went behind they bottled it

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 01:14 PM
A good coach can sometimes turn a player around !!! oh F....k we don't have a good Coach..............

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Mail is saying fee will be 7m. Hate that paper but they are often right on Palace news. For that fee it looks slightly better I guess.

CPFC.1990
31-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Niasse has scored infinitely more goals at PL level!

Huddersfield do not think Wells is good enough for the Premier League.

4 goals.

How many games had Wells played at this level?

Niasse is never, ever going to a starter if Benteke, Zaha and Townsend are fit, so why waste so much money on him.

SmokeyStover7
31-08-2017, 02:09 PM
1/6 on skybet now. Please no.

the drexciyan
31-08-2017, 02:35 PM
This sucks.

jamesc_24
31-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Today isn't happening and I am still dreaming.

the drexciyan
31-08-2017, 02:46 PM
This is like Kevin Doyle, but paying 10 million for it as well.

Kai
31-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Is this the bloke we tried to sign on loan last season and missed out on, or was that some other Everton bloke who'll never get in their team?

thomo12345
31-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Your thinking of kone

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Did ok for Hull in reality a backup for our backup once Wickham is fit. We had a deal for him in Jan I think but SP was not sure about him. So he went to Hull.

17 appearances 4 goals is not terrible for a Campbell replacement. Works hard, is quick, often misses the target sounds like a traditional palace forward.

orp pisshead1
31-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Did ok for Hull in reality a backup for our backup once Wickham is fit. We had a deal for him in Jan I think but SP was not sure about him. So he went to Hull.

17 appearances 4 goals is not terrible for a Campbell replacement. Works hard, is quick, often misses the target sounds like a traditional palace forward.

At 10 mill :veryangry

Nostrils
31-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Is this the bloke we tried to sign on loan last season and missed out on, or was that some other Everton bloke who'll never get in their team?

Got a feeling they tried to add him in as a part of another deal.

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 03:15 PM

So? You can't even buy a full back for that any more.

If he clicks with our other players and ends up being a 1 in 3 striker then 10M will be a reasonable price given that our last 1 in 3 striker cost us 30M quid.

henryhallandhisbasque
31-08-2017, 03:18 PM
If he's up for retraining as a goalkeeper then I'm all for it.

AJ
31-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Fulham to pay 18m for Gayle shows how crazy it all is. Not worth 10m, but the only strikers less than that are scoring goals are plying their trade in England are down in lge 1 or 2.

Nostrils
31-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Almost a 1/4 PL goalscorer. If he was forth choice and didn't come at the expense of Tosun, a goalkeeper or a winger, it's a yes from me :).

xian1
31-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Oh God, Niasse has agreed personal terms and is having a medical, feck

David Hytner‏ @DaveHytner 5m5 minutes ago
More
Niasse has agreed personal terms at Palace and is having a medical now. But it's still not certain he will join. Palace spinning plates!

TC EAGLE
31-08-2017, 04:06 PM
https://twitter.com/DaveHytner/status/903286655217524736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.holmesdale.net%2Fpage.ph p%3Fid%3D106%26tid%3D168168%26page%3D5

Stellavista
31-08-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm not entirely against this. Just have a gut feeling he's one of those players who might somehow fit in at Palace.

Kai
31-08-2017, 04:14 PM
So he's agreed terms but we don't know yet whether we want to sign him? How weird, but I guess they are looking at other options and will be doing this if other targets fail

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 04:16 PM
So he's agreed terms but we don't know yet whether we want to sign him? How weird, but I guess they are looking at other options and will be doing this if other targets fail

What does he do then just sit in a waiting room, I am sorry to tell you we have now decided you are shit and here is your train fair back to Liverpool. :hi:

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Got the makings of a cult hero (probably) as long as he runs around all the time and waves his arms in the air. Lot of our fans seem to like that.

Krise
31-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Is this supposed to be a replacement for Frazier Campbell?

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Is this supposed to be a replacement for Frazier Campbell?

Yep think so.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Seems like this happens if Tosun falls through, cant think why else it would be kept in limbo unless theres other targets we dont know about

Worksop Palace
31-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I'm not entirely against this. Just have a gut feeling he's one of those players who might somehow fit in at Palace.

What, be total shite ?

SmokeyStover7
31-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Seems like this happens if Tosun falls through, cant think why else it would be kept in limbo unless theres other targets we dont know about

Agreed.

Stellavista
31-08-2017, 04:22 PM
What, be total shite ?

Possibly, but we might just suit him. Though obviously I'd rather have the unknown quantity that is Tosun.

xian1
31-08-2017, 04:23 PM
We should be signing that young French striker Julan and let him learn from one of the best especially with Wickham back in the New Year

New LP
31-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Oh God, Niasse has agreed personal terms and is having a medical, feck

David Hytner‏ @DaveHytner 5m5 minutes ago
More
Niasse has agreed personal terms at Palace and is having a medical now. But it's still not certain he will join. Palace spinning plates!

Waiting his turn in Mayday?

Gathers54
31-08-2017, 04:29 PM
How does this work? What do you say to Everton and Niasse exactly? Oh well we will offer you 7m but we aren't sure we actually want him. Could Niasse come and negotiate and have a medical anwyay but we have other options which we prefer ahead of you... its a bit weird.

Pinkie Brown
31-08-2017, 04:32 PM
How does this work? What do you say to Everton and Niasse exactly? Oh well we will offer you 7m but we aren't sure we actually want him. Could Niasse come and negotiate and have a medical anwyay but we have other options which we prefer ahead of you... its a bit weird.

Exactly, is he sitting in Burger King at Watford Gap while we wait to see if anything better turns up?

AddoWolz
31-08-2017, 04:34 PM

It is a bit weird but Oooohhhh so Palace .

Payroll Legend
31-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Yeah. I keep thinking that.

glenn.f
31-08-2017, 04:42 PM
At least Niasse appears willing to sign and hasn't faffed around like a lot of others would, despite being left hanging. I'm willing to give the lad a chance because he's shown he's keen for the fight at the least. Probably feels like he's won the pools but our fans will no doubt show him the error of his ways judging by social media.

sylvan eagle
31-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Welcome Oumar

What?
31-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Pathetic window gets patheticer

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Welcome Oumar

Who?

Krise
31-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Would prefer a totally unknown quantity like the turkish striker linked please. And Diafra Sakho too.

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Madness if it's near that price.

sylvan eagle
31-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Give the guy a chance

cpfcfan1
31-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Is he that bad?

CPFC85
31-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Wow...we're really tearing up trees this window aren't we :moo:

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Is he that bad?

Hard to say but Everton supporters thought he was awful

thereichstuff
A back up striker with plenty of premier league experience for a smallish fee , that's ok in my eyes . It leaves more money for other players .

xian1
This is very bad

Codman Haddock
He's played in this league, for a struggling side, looked dangerous and scored goals. I think he also might feel he has something to prove and wants a chance to show what he can do. Given the current state of affairs, i think that's about as much as we can hope for.

KP'S Nuts
31-08-2017, 04:56 PM
A back up striker with plenty of premier league experience for a smallish fee , that's ok in my eyes . It leaves more money for other players .

on decent wages and we then can't shift like all our other deadwood not so good.

Stellavista
31-08-2017, 05:02 PM
If he comes, I'm going to sponsor him, just for the hell of it. Anyone else in? Can't be worse than that three-legged greyhound the BBS lost its collective shirt on years ago. Selhurst Park Fry Up, or whatever it was called. Didn't it end up as part of a Clifton Arms meat raffle?

thereichstuff
31-08-2017, 05:04 PM
on decent wages and we then can't shift like all our other deadwood not so good.

What if he bangs a few in ?

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 05:05 PM

As long as it is a smallish fee I agree

carter
31-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Think this lad is a potential ballon d'Or winner in a year or two

Stavros 69
31-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Is he that bad?

He's better than Wickham

vincentinbetwee
31-08-2017, 05:08 PM
:love: Scouting network

eagleali
31-08-2017, 05:09 PM
This is very bad
is an understatement:(

GreatGonzo
31-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Only played 142 minutes for Everton so no way to judge on that in a team where the comparison was Lukaku.

Played the equivalent of 12 full games at Hull with 4 goals and 1 assist. 3 of the goals came against Swansea and Boro.

racehorse-80s
31-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Still not official .

Stellavista

See. That's the spirit. Get with the programme you bunch of moaning feckers.

CPFC.1990
Is he that bad?

Control like Akinbiyi, energy of Wayne Andrews and shooting ability of Steven Kabba.

Brett
31-08-2017, 05:12 PM

Oumar Gawd

CPFC.1990
31-08-2017, 05:13 PM
I've nothing against him at all, just cannot believe that after 5 years of Premiership football that this is our level.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 05:13 PM
He's only played 87 professional games.... he's 27..

SmokeyStover7
31-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Is he that bad?

Yes. No footballing ability.

RCUK
31-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Sky saying awaiting medical and done deal. We really are a relegation waiting to happen.

racehorse-80s
31-08-2017, 05:15 PM

FFS we might as well have kept Campbell .

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 05:15 PM

oh sounds injury prone then or not great ?

Stellavista
31-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Yeh, but Churchill was no spring chicken when he became PM. And Leonard Cohen was 110 when he enjoyed his most commercially successful period.

Stigma
31-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Surely not at FDB signing this..not sure if that is a good thing or..

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 05:17 PM
I've nothing against him at all, just cannot believe that after 5 years of Premiership football that this is our level.

Genuine question then, what level of a player should we be signing for a back up striker role? For me, with our financial limitations this seems about right.

GB2506
31-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Sky saying awaiting medical and done deal. We really are a relegation waiting to happen.

It's our year. Been on the cards the last couple of seasons. Can't have home form like ours season after season and expect to keep getting away with it. It's Been fun while it lasted!

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Yeh, but Churchill was no spring chicken when he became PM. And Leonard Cohen was 110 when he enjoyed his most commercially successful period.

Very true. Was just pointing it out rather than making an issue out of it.

racehorse-80s
31-08-2017, 05:18 PM

Hopefully the Medic spots he has 2 left feet ;)