PDA

View Full Version : New Pompey owner

johnnybacaro
07-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Former head of Disney and and American.

https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2017/08/03/michael-eisner-bought-a-soccer-team.html

Should be interesting. In the states, he actually had a great record as a sporting club owner. His hockey team won several championship under his leadership.

Out of all the Americans who have bought English clubs, this is the only one who actually seems qualified for the task.

jimos_uk
07-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Former head of Disney and and American.

https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2017/08/03/michael-eisner-bought-a-soccer-team.html

Should be interesting. In the states, he actually had a great record as a sporting club owner. His hockey team won several championship under his leadership.

Out of all the Americans who have bought English clubs, this is the only one who actually seems qualified for the task.

In before 'Mickey Mouse Club'.

However, you're right - will be interesting. He has a bit of a pedigree.

Sydenham Eagle
07-08-2017, 01:16 PM
The people who made Shrek based Lord Farquard on Eisner as he was somewhat short in stature and a bit power crazed, which is why they left Disney

johnnybacaro
07-08-2017, 01:29 PM
i truly wish Pompey the best. Their supporters have been so betrayed by ownership in the past, they deserve one who will invest in the club.

I fully expect them to be back to championship very soon. Was always one of my favorite away days.

SeanPalace84
07-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Had a good bet on them to go up this year, hopefully a good shout

mroakley9
07-08-2017, 01:37 PM
The people who made Shrek based Lord Farquard on Eisner as he was somewhat short in stature and a bit power crazed, which is why they left Disney

Do you reckon he's bought a football club because he's compensating for something?

jimmy the gent
07-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Meh, always more of a Warner Brothers man myself.

100% Palace
07-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Reminds me of another seaside club.