PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Danny Ward - Liverpool Keeper

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Was brilliant for Huddersfield last season, Liverpool rejected a permanent bid from them after he helped get them through in both play off legs with great saves Inc pens.

My thinking is they will not be keen to sell but if it means getting the deal for Sakho done we might consider a double bid and fixing the defence in one fell swoop. Not sure what sort of fee would be acceptable to both sides but they paid Wrexham 100k for him.

They'll be keen to get rid of Sakho and get vvd now ahead of the others. Good time to try?

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Well I think he's a good keeper anyway :)

HZsRWVJeKjs

Ralph
07-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Excellent shout but probably expensive or unlikely Liverpool will sell.

Sir.S.C Remembered
07-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Not sure he is nailed on enough to be better than what we have despite being a prospect.

Kai
07-08-2017, 05:20 PM
You want us to sign Henessey's back up for Wales?????

Buysakho
07-08-2017, 05:21 PM
What is Alex Kolinko doing these days?! As others have said should have nailed this position at start of window.

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 05:34 PM
You want us to sign Henessey's back up for Wales?????

Wondered when we'd get an anti Welsh comment.

FWIW I think he's a better keeper than Hennessey though. I'm sure he'll put a good word in about how great some of the fans are. The main aim is to secure Sakho and get a decent keeper into the bargain though. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Gyro1780
07-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Was brilliant for Huddersfield last season, Liverpool rejected a permanent bid from them after he helped get them through in both play off legs with great saves Inc pens.

But Huddersfield were in the Championship last season.
Would he be good enough to be first choice? Sorry but i don't know anything about him.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Wondered when we'd get an anti Welsh comment.

FWIW I think he's a better keeper than Hennessey though. I'm sure he'll put a good word in about how great some of the fans are. The main aim is to secure Sakho and get a decent keeper into the bargain though. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

We have the welsh goalkeeping coach don't we who will have had input into who is picked for Wales?

How much of an upgrade do people think he will be?

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 07:10 PM
We have the welsh goalkeeping coach don't we who will have had input into who is picked for Wales?

How much of an upgrade do people think he will be?

Hasn't he started replacing Hennessey recently? In an ideal world they would accept our joint bid of X million for Sakho and Ward, and we could then sell Hennessey and get that Jamaican Blake to rival Ward. But I guess that's all too complicated and we'll just muddle through with the two we have all season.

GreatGonzo
07-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Hasn't he started replacing Hennessey recently?

Nope Hennessey has started all the past 6 matches.

Think in the desperation to replace Hennessey there are a lot of suggestions that will not be much if any better.

elgin eagle
07-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Nope Hennessey has started all the past 6 matches.

Think in the desperation to replace Hennessey there are a lot of suggestions that will not be much if any better.

Adrian springs to mind. Haven't seen many goalkeeper suggestions or rumours at all really. Surprisingly given last season. Stand corrected about the Welsh thing. Ward does have Welsh caps though.

aj4england
07-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Ward was very good for Huddersfield last season

GorBlimey
07-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Ward was very good for Huddersfield last season

Still shipped 58 goals in the championship. We need better surely?

FdB will know who is around in Holland and even Italy, despite his short time there.

In Frank we trust. :p

DARZET EAGLE
07-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Adrian springs to mind. Haven't seen many goalkeeper suggestions or rumours at all really. Surprisingly given last season. Stand corrected about the Welsh thing. Ward does have Welsh caps though.

Don't you mean springs to save?

regal_eagle
07-08-2017, 11:18 PM

I was thinking of suggesting the same player until I saw how many goals he's shipped in his (albeit fledgling) career.

154 goals in 121 games at all levels isn't all that inspiring.

Seanee Pawnee
08-08-2017, 08:41 AM
As it stands at the mo, I'd rather Gordon Banks' Grandmother betwix the sticks than hennessey!

elgin eagle
08-08-2017, 08:45 AM
I was thinking of suggesting the same player until I saw how many goals he's shipped in his (albeit fledgling) career.

154 goals in 121 games at all levels isn't all that inspiring.

I guess. I just really want Sakho I suppose :) Time will tell how good Ward becomes.

Nigelbrag
08-08-2017, 01:08 PM
People want Hennessey dislodged as First choice and suggest Ward as replacement, who so happens to be Hennessey's Wales understudy and can't displace him, surely says something.

9Freedman9
08-08-2017, 01:13 PM
People want Hennessey dislodged as First choice and suggest Ward as replacement, who so happens to be Hennessey's Wales understudy and can't displace him, surely says something.

Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford are all Joe Hart understudies and I would say both are better keepers. I see your point but it doesn't mean anything.

If Ward came to Palace as No.1 he would also claim the Wales No.1 shirt as well.

elgin eagle
08-08-2017, 05:01 PM

Given the big difference in age and the fact that Ward may well turn out to be a better keeper than the Hen, who lets face it wouldnt be a keeper if not for his build, and add in the fact that Wagner at Huddersfield wanted him for their number 1 having seen him take them up, i dont think its says anything of note at all.

But each to their own. Some people dont look at potential it seems.

Nigelbrag
08-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Given the big difference in age and the fact that Ward may well turn out to be a better keeper than the Hen, who lets face it wouldnt be a keeper if not for his build, and add in the fact that Wagner at Huddersfield wanted him for their number 1 having seen him take them up, i dont think its says anything of note at all.

But each to their own. Some people dont look at potential it seems.

The man that matters who knows better than us by watching BOTH closely, Chris Coleman then decides to play Hennessey instead surely it says something? But in any case i feel we can do better than Ward, but in fairness i have not seen a great deal of him apart from the odd Huddersfield game when he did NOT really stand out. We really do need to replace with better if possible, rather than change just for the sake of it.

cdm61
13-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Wales Online this morning report that goalkeeper Danny Ward is set for showdown talks with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, after he was left out of the club’s 18-man squad for the 3-3 draw with Watford.
Ward, 24, spent last season on loan at Huddersfield, helping the club to win promotion to the Premier League.
There was speculation that the Welshman would move to the club permanently this summer, but Klopp did not want to let him leave and assured Ward he had a future at Liverpool.
However, Ward may now push for a move away as he fears he will waste a season playing for Liverpool’s reserve team. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-live-updates-rumours-manchester-united-tottenham-anthony-martial-liverpool-coutinho-a7890606.html

Jim Cannon
13-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Nothing against a suggestion but the thought of having to deal with Liverpool over anymore transfers is depressing

CharlieCPFC
13-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Huddersfield can have Ward and they can then give us the keeper they had in goal yesterday. He was superb. And just goes to show what a good keeper can do for any side.

NO1FAN
13-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Huddersfield can have Ward and they can then give us the keeper they had in goal yesterday. He was superb. And just goes to show what a good keeper can do for any side.

He did look good but he was hardly tested apart from the superb save from a Benteke header

jimmy the gent
13-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Smart save to deny Zaha first half (wrongly not awarded a corner), good distribution. Looked a marked improvement on what we have at the club (though i suspect the same could be said of every other premier league side).

CharlieCPFC
13-08-2017, 04:59 PM
He did look good but he was hardly tested apart from the superb save from a Benteke header

And the one on one with Zaha in the first half.

He looked assured and confident coming for the ball, something Hennessey seriously lacks.

TheCharmer1
13-08-2017, 05:49 PM
If only we had a scouting system.....

the digger
13-08-2017, 06:08 PM

If only we had a long term plan. I'm grateful for what BFS did last season but he left us in the lurch and seems to have escaped censure from the fans for that

CharlieCPFC
13-08-2017, 06:11 PM

Think we have a better scouting system on the BBS.

Skorupski is the answer.

jimmy the gent
13-08-2017, 08:41 PM
If only we had a long term plan. I'm grateful for what BFS did last season but he left us in the lurch and seems to have escaped censure from the fans for that

Not at all. He came in to do a job, then left after end-of-season talks with SP, giving him ample time to sort of a replacement. He came in and saved us, while saving his image. There was no value for him in staying and trying to keep us up year on year with a budget he felt wasn't enough to kick on. I'm certain if SP told him we'll give you 80-100m (imho what's required to make us this mid table side Parish keeps talking about) to spend this summer, he'd still be here.

elgin eagle
14-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Would be very happy with him and sakho from them.

aj4england
14-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Would be very happy with him and sakho from them.

Ditto

Buglebob
14-08-2017, 04:48 PM
According to sources Liverpool only want 240 million for him.

jobiinthelastmi
14-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Nah, no more Welsh goalkeepers

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
14-08-2017, 06:42 PM
But if he's a Welshman, does that mean he is usually second choice behind Hennessy?

Tim
14-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Can't get anymore prem loans so won't happen.

in-exile
14-08-2017, 08:21 PM
According to sources Liverpool only want 240 million for him.We have offered 235 million but they're set in stone for 240!