PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Antonis Kyriazis

eagleforlife
10-08-2017, 06:54 AM
http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/exclusive-we-reveal-name-of-crystal-palace-trialist-against-merstham/story-30476919-detail/story.html

Ruskin Old Boy
10-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Identified by a Palace fan 2 days ago:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13767173&postcount=90

Malarkey
10-08-2017, 06:59 AM
"I have no idea what his surname is but his first name was Antonis, from AEK Athens, or I believe he's been there," Shaw said.

Excellent, cheers for that insight :D

Jordan's Jacket
10-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I'm sure that Shaw's comments will make him feel welcome

Martin H
10-08-2017, 08:03 AM
"I have no idea what his surname is but his first name was Antonis, from AEK Athens, or I believe he's been there," Shaw said.

Hey - no ones disses the Shaw man ! :D

I love Richard Shaw. He seems such a nice guy and looks a great choice for bringing the youngsters through. He was a good and versatile player and will have seen a lot over the years.

GreatGonzo
10-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Identified by a Palace fan 2 days ago:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13767173&postcount=90

Damn i knew i should have headed it World Exclusive of something equally as meaningless.

Maidstoned Eagle
10-08-2017, 08:05 AM

I love Richard Shaw. He seems such a nice guy and looks a great choice for bringing the youngsters through. He was a good and versatile player and will have seen a lot over the years.

He does come across as a bit of a div in the quote though.

Ralph
10-08-2017, 08:06 AM
A couple of bits and bobs on the internet about what a prospect he looks like.

I've been disappointed with the progress our youth set up has made over the last 6/7 years but actually increasingly at this level your youth set up is as much about global scouting as it is about nurturing local talent. Reidewald and this are testament to the efforts we're making in that global scouting regard.

GreatGonzo
10-08-2017, 08:07 AM

Wonder how far ahead of kick off he arrived?

For all we know he got the train straight from Gatwick to Merstham and Shaw was told, this is Antonis, give him 20 minutes.

If hes been with us a week i would expect him to know the name even if he couldn't pronounce it lol

Martin H
10-08-2017, 08:09 AM
He does come across as a bit of a div in the quote though.

Just straight as a die and very open. Did manage to drop in the word protocol which gets PR points for sure :)

Jman
10-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Did anyone see him play- any potential there for us?

Martin H
10-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Did anyone see him play- any potential there for us?

CG said he looked lively enough. Bear in mind he only had 20 mins.

orp pisshead1
10-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Much better than just good Martin , Shaw was class and a decent and generous bloke too:p.

ForzaPalace
10-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Wonder how far ahead of kick off he arrived?

For all we know he got the train straight from Gatwick to Merstham and Shaw was told, this is Antonis, give him 20 minutes.

If hes been with us a week i would expect him to know the name even if he couldn't pronounce it lol

Not far off. Flew in late Sunday night. Trained on Monday then played on Tuesday.

Martin H
10-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Much better than just good Martin , Shaw was class and a decent and generous bloke too:p.

Yep - I don't know him personally but he has always come across as one of the good guys. He was absolutely brilliant at man marking in defence or midfield and often took out the main threat of the opposition. The whole Cantona incident started with Rich snuffing out the arrogant **** who got frustrated because he couldn't take it and got the red.

He was often moved around the team because of that ability. If he had been just a bit taller I think he would have stayed in the centre of defence. Clever and read the game very well.

Glad he is with the youngsters - has that calm but focused manner.

DARZET EAGLE
10-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Richard Shaw...Mr Reliable, great player.

Maidstoned Eagle
10-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Just straight as a die and very open. Did manage to drop in the word protocol which gets PR points for sure :)

Only to say he didn't know what it was.

nicky
10-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Shaw even won POTY at Millwall.