PDA

View Full Version : Brighton and Hove Albion Countdown to relegation 2017/18

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Spindle
10-08-2017, 12:23 PM
It's two days to go before they embark on this single campaign of misery. I'll sort out a relegation calculator so we can see how far off the pace they are. I reckon 36 points to survive, let's start counting. :lux:

So i'll do it with what they need/hope to get rather than what I think they'll get, then I can update their failures game by game so we can see how far behind the curve they are.

August
12 Manchester City (H)---------------------------L - 0 ----------0pts
19 Leicester City (A)------------------------------L - 0 ----------0pts
26 Watford (A)------------------------------------D - 1 -------------1pt
September
9 West Bromwich Albion (H)---------------------D - 2 ----------4pts (+2)
16 Bournemouth (A)-----------------------------W - 5 -----------4pts (-1)
23 Newcastle United (H)--------------------------L - 5 -----------7pts (+2)
30 Arsenal (A)------------------------------------L - 5 -----------7pts (+2)
October
14 Everton (H)-----------------------------------D - 6 -----------8pts (+2)
21 West Ham United (A)-------------------------L - 6 ----------11pts (+5)
28 Southampton (H)-----------------------------L - 6 ----------12pts (+6)
November
4 Swansea City (A)-------------------------------L - 6 ----------15pts (+9)
18 Stoke City (H)---------------------------------W - 9
25 Manchester United (A)-----------------------L - 9
28 Crystal Palace (H) 19:45---------------------W - 12
December
2 Liverpool (H)-----------------------------------L - 12
9 Huddersfield Town (A)------------------------W - 15
13 Tottenham Hotspur (A)20:00----------------L - 15
16 Burnley (H)----------------------------------W - 18
23 Watford (H)----------------------------------W - 21
26 Chelsea (A)-----------------------------------L - 21
30 Newcastle United (A)------------------------L - 21
January
1 Bournemouth (H)-----------------------------W - 24
13 West Bromwich Albion (A)-------------------L - 24
20 Chelsea (H)----------------------------------L - 24
31 Southampton (A) 19:45---------------------L - 24
February
3 West Ham United (H)-------------------------W - 27
10 Stoke City (A)---------------------------------L - 27
24 Swansea City (H)-----------------------------W - 30
March
3 Arsenal (H)-------------------------------------L - 30
10 Everton (A)------------------------------------L - 30
17 Manchester City (A)---------------------------L - 30
31 Leicester City (H)-----------------------------D - 31
April
7 Huddersfield Town (H)-----------------------W - 34
14 Crystal Palace (A)---------------------------D - 35
21 Tottenham Hotspur (H)---------------------L - 35
28 Burnley (A)---------------------------------D - 36
May
5 Manchester United (H)------------------------L - 36
13 Liverpool (A)----------------------------------L - 36

36 points
10 Wins
6 Draws

Pidster
10-08-2017, 12:28 PM
May 13 will be an emotional day as the probably relegated Weed join the Scousers for a last YNWA.

GreatGonzo
10-08-2017, 12:31 PM
May 13 will be an emotional day as the probably relegated Weed join the Scousers for a last YNWA.

Not as emotional as 14 April after a capitulation leaves them 13 points from 17th place and it is all over!

SwoopingGull
10-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Excellent, we know how these threads usually turn out don't we. The gift that keeps on giving.

Spindle
10-08-2017, 01:03 PM
When they are about Palace yes but Brighton they've been pretty reliable.

Notice that the premier league rules don't offer bonus points for facilities, stadiums, youth centres or attendances.

Spindle
10-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Updated their requirements. I really can't see it, it even means taking 4 points from us - no chance.

Coastal Palace
10-08-2017, 02:05 PM

I'd hazard a guess that 14th April will be an even more emotional day for the 6,000 die hards.
The other 23,000 not caring that much.

old git
10-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Excellent, we know how these threads usually turn out don't we. The gift that keeps on giving.

Not that you are worthy of a reply but in what parallel universe have we given you any gifts to laugh or brag about?

Spindle
10-08-2017, 02:08 PM
I'd hazard a guess that 14th April will be an even more emotional day for the 6,000 die hards.
The other 23,000 not caring that much.

Another 6000 excited that they finally get to see their beloved Manchester United play live in front of them.

eagle mart
10-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I've voted survive. Because they just need 3 teams to be worse than them.

I think going down the Carlos kickaball route is not good though. A team is better than an individual when you're backs are against the wall. It's gonna be a close run thing, but 3 weeks of the window left.

SEEPEEEFFSEE
10-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Yep the 5000 Withdean die hards will be gutted but the other 20,000 will simply up their sky sports package and buy subscriptions to Liverpool and MUTV.
Seaweed w4nk3rs.

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Week 1 and this thread appears a little quiet. Any one out there?

Ninjas Headband
14-08-2017, 10:12 AM
You lost, we lost. There's another 37 games of up's & down's before bragging rights can be dished out.

thefox
14-08-2017, 10:18 AM
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/3b660126c307d4774b9d91936ec1fd587c565888/0_0_2560_1704/master/2560.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 10:29 AM
You lost, we lost. There's another 37 games of up's & down's before bragging rights can be dished out.

Ahh, but i bet you lot would of all been over this is we got battered and you won.

You got spanked by Huddersfield :hi:

Ninjas Headband
14-08-2017, 10:53 AM
That's football for you, especially at the start of the season.

Never seen the point about taking the piss over one game unless that game is against your rivals as you're likely to end up with egg on your face. For example look back to March 2013 when you lot were taking the piss and getting all cocky after the 3-0. We had the last laugh that season. No point giving it the biggun' after just one game, that's how you end up looking like an idiot.

HurstpierPalace
14-08-2017, 11:02 AM
I always lose bets and am wrong with predictions so I've voted them to stay up.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Both teams could go down, but luckily we have a dated infrastructure worth nothing that costs nothing to run.

Thank god we don't have all Brighton's expensive facilities that have already proven too costly to maintain in the Championship, and will surely drag them down for good once they inevitably fall

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Both teams could go down, but luckily we have a dated infrastructure worth nothing that costs nothing to run.

Thank god we don't have all Brighton's expensive facilities that have already proven too costly to maintain in the Championship, and will surely drag them down for good once they inevitably fall

Really? I think infrastructure wise we are light years in front of you.

If any of us get relegated then its your facilities that will drag YOU down not our world class facilities.

Imagine being in the Prem for 5 years and getting relegated to the Champ with no investment in you stadium or facilities after all that money and investment from the yanks... that would be really stupid.. ooooh sorry, you have spent on some cladding and flood lights.

You club will be in trouble if you go down and i think most of your fans WANT world class facilities but because you DON'T have them shrug it off with "Well you don't get points for world class facilities"

You long term future without upgrade to your facilities is very very bleek. :p

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 12:58 PM
That's football for you, especially at the start of the season.

Never seen the point about taking the piss over one game unless that game is against your rivals as you're likely to end up with egg on your face. For example look back to March 2013 when you lot were taking the piss and getting all cocky after the 3-0. We had the last laugh that season. No point giving it the biggun' after just one game, that's how you end up looking like an idiot.

Ahh but if we got battered 5/6/7 - 0 you would be taking the piss for weeks but because it was only 2 - 0 and you got shown up you wont "give it the biggun"

Maiden Eagle
14-08-2017, 01:06 PM

If any of us get relegated then its your facilities that will drag YOU down not our world class facilities.

Imagine being in the Prem for 5 years and getting relegated to the Champ with no investment in you stadium or facilities after all that money and investment from the yanks... that would be really stupid.. ooooh sorry, you have spent on some cladding and flood lights.

You club will be in trouble if you go down and i think most of your fans WANT world class facilities but because you DON'T have them shrug it off with "Well you don't get points for world class facilities"

It is very easy to boast about the above when it is all down to ONE man, who has spunked millions so you lot can delude themselves and wank them silly about your fabled 'infrastructure'. Yeah, such a brilliantly run Club, that you lose millions every year.
Tell me, did you start supported Snob and Hove Albion in 2011, like most or were you one of the 20000 locked out of the Withdean stadium every home game ?
And BTW, are ever going start paying Bloom back ??

Spindle
14-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Should've been more. One goal wrongly disallowed for offside and 2 chances Aguero normal chews up. He must've had an off day.

You got battered, sometimes you can walk away only 2 down from that.

Maiden Eagle
14-08-2017, 01:11 PM
I always lose bets and am wrong with predictions so I've voted them to stay up.

I think they may stay up and I've said that from the start of the Summer.

I also think we may go down.

I also think Swooping Gull is showing himself up to be a bog standard, delusional Seaweed cretin:clown:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-08-2017, 01:37 PM
It is very easy to boast about the above when it is all down to ONE man, who has spunked millions so you lot can delude themselves and wank them silly about your fabled 'infrastructure'. Yeah, such a brilliantly run Club, that you lose millions every year.
Tell me, did you start supported Snob and Hove Albion in 2011, like most or were you one of the 20000 locked out of the Withdean stadium every home game ?

It's unfortunate that you quoted the 'ignored' swooping gull, but having scanned the first line without bothering with the rest of the guff, it seems that, for a troll, he falls very easy for a windup.

Are even the trolls that far indoctrinated by Barber?

old git
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Your 'world class ' facilities are very expensive to maintain .That is the reason that you lost money even with large crowds.Do you really not understand that yet?

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 01:48 PM

So what if one man who loves his football club wants to spend money on it? Smacks of jealousy from you lot that no one wants to spend money on a club like CPFC. I mean Americans ring fenced 100m for upgrades, hows that coming along?

The difference between our chairman and your's (apart from the wealth) is he delivers whats he says and as a plan and implementing it. You may see it as spunking millions but obviously he doesn't, he is more than happy to keep INVESTING his wealth .

Answer to you question in bold is - He will probably transfer the loan to shares and not expect a penny back. Now i know that dont sit well will you lot but that's the way it is. We are very lucky to have a fan like Tony Bloom.

God Save Tony Bloom

Spindle
14-08-2017, 01:49 PM
That and paying actual money for CMS

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Should've been more. One goal wrongly disallowed for offside and 2 chances Aguero normal chews up. He must've had an off day.

You got battered, sometimes you can walk away only 2 down from that.

Could say that about Huddersfield. HUDDERSFIELD. Let that sink in a bit.

old git
14-08-2017, 01:52 PM
So what if one man who loves his football club wants to spend money on it? Smacks of jealousy from you lot that no one wants to spend money on a club like CPFC. I mean Americans ring fenced 100m for upgrades, hows that coming along?

The difference between our chairman and your's (apart from the wealth) is he delivers whats he says and as a plan and implementing it. You may see it as spunking millions but obviously he doesn't, he is more than happy to keep INVESTING his wealth .

Answer to you question in bold is - He will probably transfer the loan to shares and not expect a penny back. Now i know that dont sit well will you lot but that's the way it is. We are very lucky to have a fan like Tony Bloom.

God Save Tony Bloom

Nothing wrong with him spending his money how he likes.Lets hear no more about the great Sussex uprising of 1997 -2011 that according to ancient myths produced a new ground.It produced sweet f.a. and if Bloom hadn't lost his marbles you would still be getting a wet arse at the withdean.(if you went there).

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Your 'world class ' facilities are very expensive to maintain .That is the reason that you lost money even with large crowds.Do you really not understand that yet?

Yea i understand that but Tony's pockets are deep and he will keep maintaining them. Do you not understand that?

old git
14-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Yea i understand that but Tony's pockets are deep and he will keep maintaining them. Do you not understand that?

Like his uncle did?

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Nothing wrong with him spending his money how he likes.Lets hear no more about the great Sussex uprising of 1997 -2011 that according to ancient myths produced a new ground.It produced sweet f.a. and if Bloom hadn't lost his marbles you would still be getting a wet arse at the withdean.(if you went there).

So whats the issues then? Every Brighton fan knows that its down to TB the position we find ourselves in.

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Like his uncle did?

Was his uncle the Chairman on just 1 voice on a board?? Very poor comparison. Must try harder

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Like his uncle did?

"tony will support us forever"

Spoken like a true crack whore.

I take it this heralds the official end of the 'all clubs must live within their means' philosophy?

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 01:58 PM
"tony will support us forever"

Spoken like a true crack whore.

I take it this heralds the official end of the 'all clubs must live within their means' philosophy?

Have we broken any rules? No, so stop getting bent up about it. Most clubs don't live within there means so whats your point? :sob:

old git
14-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Was his uncle the Chairman on just 1 voice on a board?? Very poor comparison. Must try harder

Didn't he vote for the sale though?

Anyway We were discussing your statement that if you went down you would be in better financial shape to return than we would be.
You wouldn't as having a lot of outgoings means you make a loss on full houses.
We don't.

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Didn't he vote for the sale though?

Anyway We were discussing your statement that if you went down you would be in better financial shape to return than we would be.
You wouldn't as having a lot of outgoings means you make a loss on full houses.
We don't.

Ahh, but what your forgetting, or ignoring most likely, is that money towards stadium and facilities do not count towards FFP so how will that effect us?

He can spend as much money as he wants on them :hi:

old git
14-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Ahh, but what your forgetting, or ignoring most likely, is that money towards stadium and facilities do not count towards FFP so how will that effect us?

He can spend as much money as he wants on them :hi:

You said we would be in trouble if we went Down and you wouldn't.I asked how this could be as your new facilities create a loss for you whereas our cheap old ones don't have the same in built costs.It follows that we would be in better shape.
There is no argument to be had it is fact.

SwoopingGull
14-08-2017, 02:37 PM
You said we would be in trouble if we went Down and you wouldn't.I asked how this could be as your new facilities create a loss for you whereas our cheap old ones don't have the same in built costs.It follows that we would be in better shape.
There is no argument to be had it is fact.

Yes better shape than you because we have the facilities and you don't, you would still need to SPEND MONEY to build the facilities which will take away capital for the playing squad?

In all honesty i don't believe your board want to upgrade the facilities other wise why have they not in 5 years with the Prem money you have had and the billionaire Yank owners?

Big Gav
14-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Have we broken any rules? No, so stop getting bent up about it. Most clubs don't live within there means so whats your point? :sob:

Because you self righteous arseholes slag every other club off for overspending yet are probably in more debt than most of the clubs you slag off. You really are a bit thick aren't you

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-08-2017, 02:54 PM
So, just to clarify, it would appear most Brighton fans are still gloriously unaware of their hypocrisy?

ONFG
14-08-2017, 03:17 PM
So, just to clarify, it would appear most Brighton fans are still gloriously unaware of their hypocrisy?

Vincent, we were (relatively) young when we started doing this. It's 28 degrees outside your door, intermittent showers not withstanding. Do you not think it's time to go out, grab a cup of Del's Frozen Lemonade (straight from Little Rhody), a giant pretzel and take stock?

EagleEater
14-08-2017, 03:22 PM

You may have the right to accuse us of hypocrisy if we had been in administration TWICE in a decade, cheated numerous businesses and charities out of their money, then continued like nothing had happened whilst still trying to claim the moral high ground.

Until then... :hi:

Payney
14-08-2017, 03:25 PM
You may have the right to accuse us of hypocrisy if we had been in administration TWICE in a decade, cheated numerous businesses and charities out of their money and continued like nothing had happened whilst still trying to claim the moral high ground.

You do realise you didn't pay all your debts in the 90s don't you? Cheated some local businesses to boot.

elgrande
14-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Wow all the falmer ****wits are oozing out from under their rocks ain't they.....

grand aigle
14-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Wow all the falmer ****wits are oozing out from under their rocks ain't they.....

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Vincent, we were (relatively) young when we started doing this. It's 28 degrees outside your door, intermittent showers not withstanding. Do you not think it's time to go out, grab a cup of Del's Frozen Lemonade (straight from Little Rhody), a giant pretzel and take stock?

What makes you think I'm not outside?

Eagleinsussex
14-08-2017, 04:26 PM
You do realise you didn't pay all your debts in the 90s don't you? Cheated some local businesses to boot.

It's like :wallbash:they will never accept it, not Bwighton always doing things the right way lol

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-08-2017, 04:32 PM
You may have the right to accuse us of hypocrisy if we had been in administration TWICE in a decade, cheated numerous businesses and charities out of their money, then continued like nothing had happened whilst still trying to claim the moral high ground.

If I were part of a club that continually preached that anything other than 'living within one's means' was 'cheating', then perhaps you'd have a point. But simply pointing out that the very club who maintained this (back in the day when they were expecting their mighty stadium to not only sustain the club, but blow away the opposition), posted enormous operating losses every year, culminating in a vulgar shit or bust spending spree which fortuitously saw them promoted at the expense of the more frugal clubs who were actually adhering to Brighton's fake principles is of course not hypocritical. This ignores the voting of your chairman to allow increased losses to bring them in line with his own club's PLANNED overspending, and of course the advantage of the 200m interest free leg up the club received (always strangely ignored amid the bleatings about other clubs obtaining pecuniary advantage during your 'choke' years.

What's that? "We never broke any rules blah blah blah?"

Well, if that's all that matters, now you all seem to accept that racking up horrible losses is acceptable as long as Tony foots the bill, you'll all hopefully shut the **** up about other clubs. Strangely, having whored your way to promotion, things do actually seem quiet on that front. Similarly, seeing as CPFC2010 did enable the club to exit administration as per 'the rules' you can shut up about that too.

Otherwise it might be seen as.....hypocritical.

ONFG
14-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Oh

ONFG
14-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Oh

Maiden Eagle
14-08-2017, 06:42 PM

Funny isn't is, they never address that one.

It's all 'boo hoo, nasty old Bill Archer stitched us up', forgetting that most of the fans had deserted them, the Goldstone Ground was crumbling and team had fallen to the depths of the old 4th Div.

But of course, most of the Tarquins only started following the Seaweeds in 2011.

Maiden Eagle
14-08-2017, 06:53 PM

God Save Tony Bloom

Fair to say that I certainly am a bit jealous. Gives your Club massive advantages over most, yet it's a long time to realise it.

Still very, very hyprotical to look down your snooty noses at other Club's finances when you've admitted how lucky you to have an owner like yours.

Latvian
16-08-2017, 11:14 AM
They will probably start off really well given those early fixtures then drop like a pebbble, for a shitty pebbled 'beach', which will make their demise all the more hilarious!

eagle mart
16-08-2017, 11:34 AM
They will probably start off really well given those early fixtures then drop like a pebbble, for a shitty pebbled 'beach', which will make their demise all the more hilarious!

That end of season..... And their next big game is Arsenal in October.

I looked at their opening fixtures. It's just so daunting for newcomers, and they aren't playing us.

They are going to have more of the ball against West Brom and claim they would have won. Good ol' Tone, sneaks a 1-0 victory. West Broms experience will keep them safe and they pick up points off all the teams they should do. It's why Tony doesn't get relegated.

Leicester are great at home. Although they'll feel at home wit the clackers.

Even their game against Newcastle is an early 6 pointer. And getting anything from Leicester, Watford & Bournemouth (who I feel might have a wobble this season) would be a complete bonus.

jmemour
16-08-2017, 12:03 PM
They'll be fine unfortunately although the new keeper looks very dodgy.

ONFG
16-08-2017, 03:12 PM
They'll be fine unfortunately although the new keeper looks very dodgy.

He's so shit he makes Wayne 'oops' Hennessy look like Karen Bardsley in her prime.

bodger
18-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Its a case of can they score enough goals to stay up i think not but one inspired signing and they could stay up as they have a good manager and a good team ethic. We are the same if we sign Sakho we will be fine if not then it will be a tight between us.

Jim Cannon
18-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Its a case of can they score enough goals to stay up i think not but one inspired signing and they could stay up as they have a good manager and a good team ethic. We are the same if we sign Sakho we will be fine if not then it will be a tight between us.

Hughton is an excellent manager in the championship, however his Prem record is at best a bit suspect and his record of premier league transfer business is as iffy as Pardew's. Norwich allowed him a lot longer than most struggling clubs would before they sacked him. Ironically he was a bit unlucky to get the boot from Newcastle though.

Spindle
19-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Noticed on football focus that the 'weed have brought all those pathetic flags of theirs up to Leicester and stuck on on each seat.

It'll be battle of the clappers up there today

old git
19-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Noticed on football focus that the 'weed have brought all those pathetic flags of theirs up to Leicester and stuck on on each seat.

Tinpottery at its highest level.When away fans need their club to help with atmosphere you have problems.

spt1978
19-08-2017, 03:00 PM

PhuketEagle
19-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Sure they blended in with the other blue & white clappers/flags....

Spindle
19-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Flags were waved..................for 52 seconds *guffaw*

HurstpierPalace
19-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Must've been clacktastic at the Kingpower today.

thereichstuff
19-08-2017, 05:42 PM
No weeds about ?

firstgame63cpfc
19-08-2017, 05:46 PM
No weeds about ?

Still making there way home from the w******* match:p

Maiden Eagle
19-08-2017, 06:13 PM
So, we and Brighton and locked on the same pts (nil) and have an identical goal difference GF 0 GA 4, yet thay are placed above us in the table. I assumed it was because of alphabetical order but thinking about it, it's because

a. They are a bigger Club than us
or
b. They get bigger crowds than us
or
c. They give famous oppo subs, a standing ovation, when warming up.

Any other reasons ?

Penstone Eagle
19-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Than goodness Reading didn't get promoted too.

spt1978
19-08-2017, 06:19 PM
So, we and Brighton and locked on the same pts (nil) and have an identical goal difference GF 0 GA 4, yet thay are placed above us in the table. I assumed it was because of alphabetical order but thinking about it, it's because

or
or

Any other reasons ?

They do things the "right" way, back from the dead, Hereford etc. Obviously there is the small 250m loan from their chairman.

Phil's Barber
19-08-2017, 08:07 PM

or
or

Any other reasons ?

They're classy.

Spindle
19-08-2017, 09:27 PM
I was disgusted at the Palace fans today for not joining in YNWA pre match and with 2 minutes left today..............honest.

Jim Cannon
19-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Tone didn't look too happy in the stands on motd. To be fair you can't blame him for expecting better after 200 million quid really

bodger
20-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Hughton is an excellent manager in the championship, however his Prem record is at best a bit suspect and his record of premier league transfer business is as iffy as Pardew's. Norwich allowed him a lot longer than most struggling clubs would before they sacked him. Ironically he was a bit unlucky to get the boot from Newcastle though.

Yes thats true. We have both got work to do if we are going to have good seasons.

leicester1
20-08-2017, 12:17 PM
My observations...Brighton may be in for a long season....points at home are a priority ....off the pitch Brighton seemed pretty muted during the game unlike earlier in the pub and streets but then again they didn't have a lot to shout about....standing ovasion for their sub our ex player which showed some class.

Richard Russell
20-08-2017, 12:31 PM
My observations...Brighton may be in for a long season....points at home are a priority ....off the pitch Brighton seemed pretty muted during the game unlike earlier in the pub and streets but then again they didn't have a lot to shout about....standing ovasion for their sub our ex player which showed some class.I thought our support was pretty good considering the lack of goal mouth action to cheer. Leicester were clearly a class above us and unless we can add some pace to our attack it's going to be a difficult season.

Still there is a long way to go yet and still time to sign that quick forward.

Well played.

Richard Russell
20-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Tone didn't look too happy in the stands on motd. To be fair you can't blame him for expecting better after 200 million quid really
Probably adding up how much more he'll need to spend to get us up to speed.

dannyb1
20-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Probably adding up how much more he'll need to spend to get us up to speed.

:wallbash:

dannyb1
20-08-2017, 01:03 PM
"Hey Tony can we have some more of your sugar, please"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2i5wzL5izgU/UIajVbEdGpI/AAAAAAAABrY/NT17jmwfqcc/s1600/5C42_4F37F2C5.jpg

leicester1
20-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Richard....I was up the other end so maybe I am being a touch unfair to Brighton,there again our lot on your left were a bit under par or so it seemed......carry on along the side to the opposite corner and theres a group of around 200 who have been left alone to stand and sing at games and the atmosphere there is very good,constant singing and no clackers in evidence....I thought you gave the ball away too much and were a tad slow something you'll need to get used to and we kept the ball quite well......we'll have a tough time away at Man united next week where for us it'll be all about taking chances if we're to get anything...and keeping them out.

Spindle
20-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Slaughtered

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/19/leicester-brighton-premier-league-match-report

HOVE EAGLE
21-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Slaughtered

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/19/leicester-brighton-premier-league-match-report

"With the visitors offering the square root of nothing going forward":)

eagle mart
21-08-2017, 10:24 AM
I'd rather be in Brightons position than Huddersfield's, their fall from grace might be quite abrupt. At least Brighton can learn this early in the season - which they will. Huddersfield will have to learn later in the season. And it's difficult to get out of a rut come January.

Having said that, I was struggling to see where Albions 1st win is... And they don't play anybody considered big again until October. Newcastle at home is already MASSIVE. And neither team will want that sort of pressure before the autumn.

Lets see what they do deadline day - McArthur is likely, I feel. Goal scorers are like a gold dust, and in a team that doesn't create much. It's tough - Boro suffered with it last year. Defensively they were good though - but the premier league exploits any weakness, ruthlessly.

bodger
21-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Brighton have played two premier league winners 0 points is what you would expect they have three decent chances of points now. We are 3pts down on our expected total after saying that Huddersfield are a decent team so a point would have been fine. Swansea is a massive game for us lose that and the pressure grows and you can bet the boo boys will have a field day.

Spindle
21-08-2017, 11:29 AM
And if you look at the OP you will see I had them down for zero too.

Sharkba1t
21-08-2017, 11:43 AM

or
or

Any other reasons ?

they did it the right way and stayed classy.

Sharkba1t
21-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I'd rather be in Brightons position than Huddersfield's, their fall from grace might be quite abrupt. At least Brighton can learn this early in the season - which they will. Huddersfield will have to learn later in the season. And it's difficult to get out of a rut come January.

Having said that, I was struggling to see where Albions 1st win is... And they don't play anybody considered big again until October. Newcastle at home is already MASSIVE. And neither team will want that sort of pressure before the autumn.

Lets see what they do deadline day - McArthur is likely, I feel. Goal scorers are like a gold dust, and in a team that doesn't create much. It's tough - Boro suffered with it last year. Defensively they were good though - but the premier league exploits any weakness, ruthlessly.

Good post - fully agree.

Spindle
22-08-2017, 09:59 PM

What you'd rather have zero points having not scored a goal ahead of 6 points and plus 4 GD? Are you plastered? Huddersfield might be tiny but they have a manager who is smart and they've made some astute purchases from what I've seen. Brighton on the other hand have Hughton and so far their limited signings are 'pedestrian'. BHA will go down, Huddersfield have a great chance of staying up.

Great win for Brighton this evening though, putting strugglers Barnet to the sword at the fortress Amex by 1 goal to nil. Shame they get no Premier League points for that although I expect a formal complaint about it.

andy1980
23-08-2017, 06:39 AM
What you'd rather have zero points having not scored a goal ahead of 6 points and plus 4 GD? Are you plastered? Huddersfield might be tiny but they have a manager who is smart and they've made some astute purchases from what I've seen. Brighton on the other hand have Hughton and so far their limited signings are 'pedestrian'. BHA will go down, Huddersfield have a great chance of staying up.

Great win for Brighton this evening though, putting strugglers Barnet to the sword at the fortress Amex by 1 goal to nil. Shame they get no Premier League points for that although I expect a formal complaint about it.

He's happy then, you do have zero points and scored no goals.

The best thing about last night was jayson molumby shone and James Tilley got his first goal.

I agree we look pedestrian, but we are far from relegated at the moment. Two games into the season everyone still could achieve practically anything. I mean you could still get into the top 10.

Moose
23-08-2017, 08:56 AM
I agree we look pedestrian, but we are far from relegated at the moment. Two games into the season everyone still could achieve practically anything. I mean you could still get into the top 10.

I do believe my Banterometer has just exploded.

Spindle
23-08-2017, 09:13 AM
He's happy then, you do have zero points and scored no goals.

The best thing about last night was jayson molumby shone and James Tilley got his first goal.

Only time is keeping you up so far.

SwoopingGull
25-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Only time is keeping you up so far.

Those in glass houses and all that :lux:

Phil's Barber
25-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Those in glass houses and all that :lux:

Ooh I see what you did there. Very clever. Go to matron for some extra tuck Tarquin.

Spindle
25-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Swooping Gull thinks we are going down.

Care to bet in that?

matbha
26-08-2017, 06:49 PM

Care to bet in that?

To be fair most of the BBS think you are after today ,you wont though

SJ'sLoveMonkey
26-08-2017, 06:51 PM
To be fair most of the BBS think you are after today ,you wont though

I wouldn't be so sure after today's debacle

matbha
26-08-2017, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't be so sure after today's debacle

you have some very good players its only 3 games in

Coastal Palace
26-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Allardyce jacking was the upset.
I was really looking forward to this season where, I thought, he'd have over the summer to get his own players in. And then it all went arsed uppards.
Still, De Boer commands respect. A player/manager of his ilk deserves that at the very least.
Only 3 games in so let's see how good his managerial skills are before we hang, draw and quarter him.

grand aigle
26-08-2017, 07:21 PM

Care to bet in that?

If he loses the bet he'll just sign in as Eagle Eater again.....

old git
26-08-2017, 07:25 PM
you have some very good players its only 3 games in

You are such a wag. :supergrin:

Spindle
26-08-2017, 08:30 PM
They got their first point but they were toothless after failing to break 10 man Watford. Would've lost if Britos wasn't such an idiot.

On schedule

EagleEater
26-08-2017, 09:40 PM
This thread has the potential to even things out :)

SwoopingGull
27-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Care to bet in that?
Yea, 50 to the REMF?

SwoopingGull
28-08-2017, 05:56 PM
If he loses the bet he'll just sign in as Eagle Eater again.....
You really need to back this up pal. Put up or shut up.

You are really making your self look more of a dick then you already are.

I tell you what, your so confident I'm Eagle eater as well, I will have a 200 bet with you that I'm not. We can get mods to check IP's and then you can pay it to the REMF yea?

Let's see how much bolloxs you really got pal. Let's see how correct you really are.

I will make you look silly and poor lillte boy.

grand aigle
28-08-2017, 05:57 PM
You really need to back this up pal. Put up or shut up.

You are really making your self look more of a dick then you already are.

I tell you what, your so confident I'm Eagle eater as well, I will have a 200 bet with you that I'm not. We can get mods to check IP's and then you can pay it to the REMF yea?

Let's see how much bolloxs you really got pal. Let's see how correct you really are.

I will make you look silly and poor lillte boy.

pass! plenty of bollox,,, not much money im afraid

is that a sussex inbred word?

SwoopingGull
28-08-2017, 05:57 PM

Care to bet in that?
I've offered you a bet pal, care to take me up on this of just going to ignore it?

old git
28-08-2017, 05:58 PM
I've offered you a bet pal, care to take me up on this of just going to ignore it?

Been drinking have we?

SwoopingGull
28-08-2017, 05:59 PM
pass! plenty of bollox,,, not much money im afraid
You gonna shut up about it now? You happy I'm not him now and willing to apologize and admit you're wrong?

old git
28-08-2017, 06:00 PM
You gonna shut up about it now? You happy I'm not him now and willing to apologize and admit you're wrong?

Apologise:D

grand aigle
28-08-2017, 06:02 PM

none of the above

SwoopingGull
28-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Apologise:D
Predictive text OG. You can have that one.

old git
28-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Predictive text OG. You can have that one.

I wasn't correcting the Americanism.Just think it funny that anyone on here should say sorry for saying anything.None of it matters mate it is a football message board.:p

EagleEater
28-08-2017, 06:04 PM
:hi:

SwoopingGull
29-08-2017, 09:08 AM
none of the above

Yea cause your all mouth and no action you pleb, i'm making you look a right div here on your own board.

Come on lets see the proof that i'm Eagle Eater, if i am i will pay 200 to the REMF yea.

MODS can you shut the deluded idiot up once and for all so i can make him look a bigger pleb than he already is.

old git
29-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Yea cause your all mouth and no action you pleb, i'm making you look a right div here on your own board.

Come on lets see the proof that i'm Eagle Eater, if i am i will pay 200 to the REMF yea.

MODS can you shut the deluded idiot up once and for all so i can make him look a bigger pleb than he already is.

"Please mods help me out"
Pathetic.

grand aigle
29-08-2017, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=SwoopingGull;13809750]Yea cause your all mouth and no action you pleb, i'm making you look a right div here on your own board.

MODS can you shut the deluded idiot up once and for all so i can make him look a bigger pleb than he already is.[/QUOTE

grand aigle
29-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Oh Mr mod pleeease come and help me!! Pathetic twat!!
At least I aint a Bwihgton fan!!

SwoopingGull
29-08-2017, 12:36 PM
"Please mods help me out"
Pathetic.

Nah, not help me out at all, i can handle you buffoons :lux:

There is a point to prove and they are the only ones to prove it numb nuts :hi:

SwoopingGull
29-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Oh Mr mod pleeease come and help me!! Pathetic twat!!
At least I aint a Bwihgton fan!!

Like i posted above if it shows what a dick you are then game on.

Going around saying that i'm Eagle Eater as FACT when you clearly wrong and wont even take a bet up with me. That's a Pathetic twat!!

Now recoil and shut ya trap, there's a good boy.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
29-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Like i posted above if it shows what a dick you are then game on.

Going around saying that i'm Eagle Eater as FACT when you clearly wrong and wont even take a bet up with me. That's a Pathetic twat!!

Now recoil and shut ya trap, there's a good boy.

Mods ban this soppy Tarquin ****.. ...oh bollocks I forgot where I was posting then! :rolleyes:

SwoopingGull
29-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Mods ban this soppy Tarquin ****.. ...oh bollocks I forgot where I was posting then! :rolleyes:

You're so great, wish i was like you. :love:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
29-08-2017, 12:46 PM
You're so great, wish i was like you. :love:

I bet you do luv

SwoopingGull
29-08-2017, 12:51 PM
I bet you do luv

You're a hoot, you're a catch. you girl friend/wife must be so happy? That's if you not some single sad sack? :love:

Spindle
06-09-2017, 03:48 PM
WBA on Saturday. Their zero goal attack against one of the most solid defences in the league. The 'weed will be expecting their first win but Pulis will show them up to be impotent.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
06-09-2017, 03:58 PM
You're a hoot, you're a catch. you girl friend/wife must be so happy? That's if you not some single sad sack? :love:

Yeah that's it mong boy :jerkit:

Selhurst Celtic
06-09-2017, 04:21 PM

"Let's Jamie him."

:rolleyes:

old git
06-09-2017, 04:32 PM
"Let's Jamie him."

You mean let's all brag on here about the skips,pizzas etc. that we have sent to his house when in reality absolutely nothing has been done?

old git
06-09-2017, 04:32 PM

SJ'sLoveMonkey
06-09-2017, 04:41 PM
You mean let's all brag on here about the skips,pizzas etc. that we have sent to his house when in reality absolutely nothing has been done?

It's all a bit familiar with these Tarquins isn't it? Clapham, Anerley etc etc

Spindle
06-09-2017, 05:29 PM
What is familiar though will be their failure to survive the top table of English football :lux:

SwoopingGull
08-09-2017, 09:19 AM
"Let's Jamie him."

Go for it, i bet you don't get very far lol...

Spindle
09-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Was not pleasant putting down a home win. WBA are normally tough but sometimes just roll over like pussies when you least expect it.

CharlieCPFC
09-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Good win for them, although the WBA chairman himself did say to a Brighton supporter at work he fancied Brighton today as WBA had a few South Americans not returning until Thursday night.

Awaiting a soppy video with cringey music or a pawade.

Fair play to them though, c**ts.

old git
09-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Very good result for them,credit where credit is due, it is not easy putting four past a Pulis defence.
I would say that with four points from four games safety is all but guaranteed.

grand aigle
09-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Very good result for them,credit where credit is due, it is not easy putting four past a Pulis defence.
I would say that with four points from four games safety is all but guaranteed.

Only 3 goals wasn't it??

old git
09-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Only 3 goals wasn't it??

Sorry ,I was getting their points total and goals scored mixed up.:clown:

grand aigle
09-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Sorry ,I was getting their points total and goals scored mixed up.:clown:

Well they had one ruled out for offside so they are probably claiming it anyway!

Spindle
09-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Letter to the EPL and 'Goldstone Level' protest is being organised as we speak.

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 10:16 AM
It's all a bit familiar with these Tarquins isn't it? Clapham, Anerley etc etc

You left out Hove station.

old git
10-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Letter to the EPL and 'Goldstone Level' protest is being organised as we speak.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f1/3e/68/f13e68c04d32bae50f8e9ebe63594f40.jpg

Happy Arthur
10-09-2017, 10:34 AM
I wonder how their "fans" feel now they're an established premier league club?

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Who cares?
They're all 2 bob Sussex wankers to us.

Hitler
10-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Who cares?
They're all 2 bob Sussex wankers to us.

You lot aren't worth tuppence to anyone :jerkit:

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 12:07 PM
You lot aren't worth tuppence to anyone :jerkit:

You're worthless Sussex wankers.
Football isn't your game.
**** off and procreate with your sister like the good Sussex inbred you are.

EagleEater
10-09-2017, 02:31 PM
You're worthless Sussex wankers.
Football isn't your game.
**** off and procreate with your sister like the good Sussex inbred you are.

https://paul4innovating.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/mind-the-gap-1.png

thereichstuff
10-09-2017, 02:49 PM
:D

old git
10-09-2017, 02:53 PM
:D

Brilliant aren't they? Safety is already assured in their eyes.

EagleEater
10-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Burnley were ******* awful and you still couldn't score! If that's the standard of the PL you are used to I'm sure we are in with a shout of staying up...

That pure comedy back-pass though! :p

RazorsEdge
10-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Most probably planning a Staying up Breakfast day too :)

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Burnley were ******* awful and you still couldn't score! If that's the standard of the PL you are used to I'm sure we are in with a shout of staying up...

That pure comedy back-pass though! :p

You inbreds have won one game in the prem.
This is our fifth season in the prem.
You scum rubbish would do well to remember that.

thereichstuff
10-09-2017, 03:30 PM

It will make it all the sweeter :p

relegatedeagle
10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
You inbreds have won one game in the prem.
This is our fifth season in the prem.
You scum rubbish would do well to remember that.

What I do remember was, that the last time we were both in the top flight together, we beat you home and away which the points certainly kept us up and helped to send you down.

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Great record-breaking guys. :supergrin:

4 Games, 4 defeats and big fat 0 goals. :sob:

old git
10-09-2017, 03:50 PM

How many grounds have you had in twenty years? And what is the reason?

relegatedeagle
10-09-2017, 03:53 PM

We sold our ground to pay ALL our debts and avoid administration.

EagleEater
10-09-2017, 03:55 PM

Will be remembered for years to come, up and down the country in various local pub quizzes. :D

old git
10-09-2017, 03:55 PM

No administration then ,and you didn't pay all your debts did you?
You lost the ground because nobody was bothered enough to do anything about it and Archer had to sell because the club was unsustainable with the pathetic gates coming through the turnstiles.
FACT.

EagleEater
10-09-2017, 03:56 PM

I wouldn't bother. They don't understand the language of doing things the right way! :p

thereichstuff
10-09-2017, 03:57 PM
They're all back :D

old git
10-09-2017, 03:57 PM
They're all back :D

Wiggers is lurking.Come on give us a post:D

thereichstuff
10-09-2017, 04:01 PM

I reckon he'd be embarrassed :)

wigman
10-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Nothing really much too say, the season is only 4 games in.
Let's take a look again at the table come the end of October when it begins to take shape.

old git
10-09-2017, 04:05 PM
?

old git
10-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Nothing really much too say, the season is only 4 games in.
Let's take a look again at the table come the end of October when it begins to take shape.

I think we have outstayed our welcome,my only hope is you lot coming down with us.I took a look at Oddschecker earlier and we were neck and neck for relegation.
Good times.:)

wigman
10-09-2017, 04:12 PM
I think we have outstayed our welcome,my only hope is you lot coming down with us.I took a look at Oddschecker earlier and we were neck and neck for relegation.
Good times.:)

You have quality in the team, you just need FDB to get them firing.
I believe if you lose to Southampton next Saturday then he will be a goner.
I am under no illusions how difficult it is going to be for us to survive this season but I will enjoy the ride whatever the outcome.

relegatedeagle
10-09-2017, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't bother. They don't understand the language of doing things the right way! :p

Old Git has always had a problem with the truth, he is too old to change now.
The dribble from his mouth just gets worse.

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 04:19 PM
At least come out with some thing new, not some regurgitated crap.

Must do better.

old git
10-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Old Git has always had a problem with the truth, he is too old to change now.
The dribble from his mouth just gets worse.

Hello Phil.I wondered who your posts reminded me of.
Gutless Phil is back.:D

old git
10-09-2017, 04:25 PM
At least come out with some thing new, not some regurgitated crap.

Must do better.

Nope.You need to be reminded what your fans did,or rather didn't do ,when they were needed.

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Nope.You need to be reminded what your fans did,or rather didn't do ,when they were needed.
Why? Why do we need to be reminded and why do we need a palace fan off all people to tell us?

Bit aggy with palace at the mo so must vent at Brighton?

Hope you feel better soon but I doubt it.

old git
10-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Why? Why do we need to be reminded and why do we need a palace fan off all people to tell us?

Bit aggy with palace at the mo so must vent at Brighton?

Hope you feel better soon but I doubt it.

Aggressive? Not at all,I have seen us relegated before and this season has the stench of relegation all over it.Do I want to be relegated ? Of course not ,but at the end of the day I go to watch us win and in the premier league there are very few weekends like that.After a while it becomes a little tiresome as you may find out yourselves.

elgrande
10-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Aggressive? Not at all,I have seen us relegated before and this season has the stench of relegation all over it.Do I want to be relegated ? Of course not ,but at the end of the day I go to watch us win and in the premier league there are very few weekends like that.After a while it becomes a little tiresome as you may find out yourselves.

And unlike most of their "customer's " we will still go.

grand aigle
10-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Of course he is, we lost , all the scum turns up to gloat! After all, they have won a game so they are assured of staying up......

matbha
10-09-2017, 04:47 PM
And unlike most of their "customer's " we will still go.

All 12000 of you

old git
10-09-2017, 04:50 PM
All 12000 of you

Twice what you used to get.It took 5k a seat to get the Sussex public interested in 'soccer'.

wigman
10-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Of course he is, we lost , all the scum turns up to gloat! After all, they have won a game so they are assured of staying up......

I've been here for 11 years so hardly gloating,especially if you bother to read my posts. :p

elgrande
10-09-2017, 04:52 PM
All 12000 of you

Try 15 20,000,and a lot more than the withdean,you remember that place,probably not.
We're you supporting Utd or Liverpool the...ok fair enough I will tell you about it.
Basically it's a running track in a park,very close to Brighton and your old fans couldn't fill it...and yes you heard me right a running track in a park....so pray tell where have you got all these new "customers " from.

grand aigle
10-09-2017, 04:55 PM
I've been here for 11 years so hardly gloating,especially if you bother to read my posts. :p

I was talking in general, swoopygullshit/eagle eater/relegatedtwat! If you want to include yourself in that crowd, well.....

old git
10-09-2017, 05:02 PM

Yep ,Wigman is one of the old school Brighton who was on here in the third division days .He can take stick and gives it out as well.
I believe his first Palace Brighton game was the same as mine in 1974.

Londoner
10-09-2017, 05:07 PM
No points no goals and things looking really bleak.

If some of you lot need to talk about it i'm a good listener.

matbha
10-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Try 15 20,000,and a lot more than the withdean,you remember that place,probably not.
We're you supporting Utd or Liverpool the...ok fair enough I will tell you about it.
Basically it's a running track in a park,very close to Brighton and your old fans couldn't fill it...and yes you heard me right a running track in a park....so pray tell where have you got all these new "customers " from.

probably the same place you got yours ,and as for withdean I sat in the cold and rain for 12 seasons

old git
10-09-2017, 05:14 PM
probably the same place you got yours ,and as for withdean I sat in the cold and rain for 12 seasons

https://media0.giphy.com/media/sbCdjSJEGghGM/200_s.gif

elgrande
10-09-2017, 05:18 PM

Ha ha ,yes you have a nice shiny new tampax stadium now and loads and loads of new "customers",but you know matter what historically we have and always will be a bigger club.
..just admit it and get it off your chest,it will be a big relief, then we can start having sensible conversations.

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Ha ha ,yes you have a nice shiny new tampax stadium now and loads and loads of new "customers",but you know matter what historically we have and always will be a bigger club.
..just admit it and get it off your chest,it will be a big relief, then we can start having sensible conversations.
You been eating lemons today?

wigman
10-09-2017, 05:30 PM

The thing is though,
You're not !
You've won nothing, like us.
Your ground is now inferior to ours, as well as your training ground.
Our attendances are bigger, obviously due to the Amex capacity.
On games played against each other, we have the upper hand.
I think you're clutching at straws.
Oh and we have a dedicated owner who is a life long fan.
PS we have a manager the fans love.

old git
10-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Apparently they have millions of fans in Uganda.

RazorsEdge
10-09-2017, 05:52 PM

Wearing half and half shirt surely... :)

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Source?

old git
10-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Source?

NSC.

RazorsEdge
10-09-2017, 05:54 PM
NSC.

Sweeping gull is most probably is banned there....

old git
10-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Source?

Always worth another look at the sheer delusion of our friends.

Had a call from my mate in Uganda who watched it in a pub on the big screen.

He said it was one of the most bizarre experiences he has ever had watching football out there,normally the pub is a mass of noise and shouting when the football is live on TV.Ive watched football over there with him and its normally a cacophony of irregular noise.
He said the place was silent,it wasnt really because we were destroying them early on,but said no one could believe the noise they were hearing,they were just astonished at the atmosphere,"i dont think people have heard anything like that before" he said

on the plus side he said about 800 Ugandans now think we are the most incredibly well supported club in the world

RazorsEdge
10-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Always worth another look at the sheer delusion of our friends.

Quote:
Had a call from my mate in Uganda who watched it in a pub on the big screen.

He said it was one of the most bizarre experiences he has ever had watching football out there,normally the pub is a mass of noise and shouting when the football is live on TV.Ive watched football over there with him and its normally a cacophony of irregular noise.
He said the place was silent,it wasnt really because we were destroying them early on,but said no one could believe the noise they were hearing,they were just astonished at the atmosphere,"i dont think people have heard anything like that before" he said

on the plus side he said about 800 Ugandans now think we are the most incredibly well supported club in the world

Sometimes there is not enough spit in the world

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 06:09 PM
NSC.
Link?
Sweeping gull is most probably is banned there....
Sorry whats that in English?

Edit: Seen above.

So one poster and your claiming Brighton fans?

old git
10-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Link?

Sorry whats that in English?

I have quoted it for you.If that's not good enough then tough.

SwoopingGull
10-09-2017, 06:13 PM
I have quoted it for you.If that's not good enough then tough.
See above edit.

elgrande
10-09-2017, 06:44 PM
The thing is though,
You're not !
You've won nothing, like us.
Your ground is now inferior to ours, as well as your training ground.
Our attendances are bigger, obviously due to the Amex capacity.
On games played against each other, we have the upper hand.
I think you're clutching at straws.
Oh and we have a dedicated owner who is a life long fan.
PS we have a manager the fans love.

I expected better of of you,you have a nice shiny stadium true.you have an owner who has put lots of money in true.
At the moment because you have won a game...yeppee in the premier league,everybody thinks is the bees bollocks,start losing a few and see how the tide turns.

Oh and how many years have you spent in the same or higher division than us..please enlighten me .
So although you are not quite as bad as the usual weed morons that infest these boards.you are still just as deluded.

Londoner
10-09-2017, 06:47 PM
I absolutely love the meltdown on here. Stuff NSC i want to be here.

Marvelous

wigman
10-09-2017, 06:50 PM
I expected better of of you,you have a nice shiny stadium true.you have an owner who has put lots of money in true.
At the moment because you have won a game...yeppee in the premier league,everybody thinks is the bees bollocks,start losing a few and see how the tide turns.

Oh and how many years have you spent in the same or higher division than us..please enlighten me .
So although you are not quite as bad as the usual weed morons that infest these boards.you are still just as deluded.

You spent a few years in the top flight due to your 2 x Admins.
We payed the price, whereas.
Never forget that.

old git
10-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Never forget that.

No we didn't.We were making money until Goldberg took over .We also didn't get promoted when in financial problems with Jordan.So bang goes that theory.

elgrande
10-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Never forget that.

Ha ha ha,the old admin line,forgetting that you had one ( by another name).and even without those we were still above you....so never forget that.
But forget the top flight.even in the lower leagues we were above you...just give it a couple of months and then see if you lot are still Billy big balls,the premier league changes like no othern league.

Try and stay a bit classy, I know its hard but from what I have gathered you are not so bad as the ******* morons we get on here,but that doesn't give you a free pass to talk bollocks

old git
10-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Ha ha ha,the old admin line,forgetting that you had one ( by another name).and even without those we were still above you....so never forget that.
But forget the top flight.even in the lower leagues we were above you...just give it a couple of months and then see if you lot are still Billy big balls,the premier league changes like no othern league.

Try and stay a bit classy, I know its hard but from what I have gathered you are not so bad as the ******* morons we get on here,but that doesn't give you a free pass to talk bollocks

Nobody said he didn't talk bollocks.I said he had been on here a long time.:p

thereichstuff
10-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Nobody said he didn't talk bollocks.I said he had been on here a long time.:p

Fact !:)

Londoner
10-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Never forget that.

If they go down they will be f .u.c.k.e.d

60k wages on some players with attendances of 14k won't work.

It will be the best fire-sale of players ever seen. It has to happen.

elgrande
10-09-2017, 07:04 PM

Ha ha the little boy Londoner has spoken.....and we all know what happens then.

old git
10-09-2017, 07:05 PM

Of course we will sell if we go down.Unlike you though we have three players that would go for 100m .Two of them plus a great loanee didn't play today.We may go down but I think we will finish above your shower.

old git
10-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Ha ha the little boy Londoner has spoken.....and we all know what happens then.

He gets detention?

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 07:23 PM

Hang on a mo.....you've spent decades in our shadow.
A long, long time.
And in that period you gave up on your club and your ground
Seaside wankers.

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 07:32 PM

All you will ever be to us is a little seaside club (well not Falmer obviously) that we will always take the piss out of.
Never forget what a little seaside club you are!

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 07:37 PM
And a Sussex seaside club at that!

Londoner
10-09-2017, 08:08 PM
All you will ever be to us is a little seaside club (well not Falmer obviously) that we will always take the piss out of.

Funny that but i actually look down at you lot now and i expect most BHA do. We are far superior than you in every department. Whether it's attendances, training ground, stadium etc. We are even higher in the league table than you.

When you can achieve 20k crowds in the Championship i might take your view a bit more seriously.

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Funny that but i actually look down at you lot now and i expect most BHA do. We are far superior than you in every department. Whether it's attendances, training ground, stadium etc. We are even higher in the league table than you.

When you can achieve 20k crowds in the Championship i might take your view a bit more seriously.

The last thing you should be getting are ideas above your (Falmer) station.
You're a little seaside club....or you were!!!
And that's all you are to us.
A little seaside club that you used to call Hove home.
Until you walked away from it.
Without a fight.
Still, Falmer is fairly near to The Goldstone Retail Park, isn't it?
Give or take a few miles.

EagleEater
10-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Without a fight.

You are repeating yourself across multiple threads now. Go have a lye down you muppet! :clown:

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 08:52 PM
You are repeating yourself across multiple threads now. Go have a lye down you muppet! :clown:

I'm not sure where to start here...anyone that uses the word 'Muppet' is obviously a div.
And then there's the word 'lye.'
You ******* Brighton div.

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 08:56 PM
You Brighton div!

EagleEater
10-09-2017, 08:57 PM
anyone that uses the word 'Muppet' is obviously a div.

The irony! :p

Coastal Palace
10-09-2017, 09:14 PM
The irony! :p

The irony is that all divs like you use the word 'Muppet.'
A divs word if ever there was one.
Oh and by the way, you sold your club down the Toys R Us river.
You div.

SwoopingGull
11-09-2017, 11:17 AM

HAHAHAH..

Hows that going. We are taking the piss out of you lol...

SwoopingGull
11-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Without a fight.

Ahh bless you, you really are bitter and jealous of us arn't you lol?

matbha
11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Hang on a mo.....you've spent decades in our shadow.
A long, long time.
And in that period you gave up on your club and your ground
Seaside wankers.

You talk so much shit ,were you even born when we lost our ground ?if you can read build a bonfire might help you utter cock ,by the way feel sorry for FDB hope you go down you deserve it:clown:

thereichstuff
11-09-2017, 06:33 PM
You talk so much shit ,were you even born when we lost our ground ?if you can read build a bonfire might help you utter cock ,by the way feel sorry for FDB hope you go down you deserve it:clown:

Full of bullshit as usual . Typical jcl who didn't even know they gave up their ground without a fight until he read about it :jerkit:

matbha
11-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Full of bullshit as usual . Typical jcl who didn't even know they gave up their ground without a fight until he read about it :jerkit:

LOL whatever ,READ BUILD A BONFIRE YOU SOPPY TWAT,:jerkit:

grand aigle
11-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Why the **** would we want to read a work of fiction???

old git
11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
LOL whatever ,READ BUILD A BONFIRE YOU SOPPY TWAT,:jerkit:

Here is a brief outline of said book.

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/sectionsofthelibrary-101101205646-phpapp02/95/sections-of-the-library-3-638.jpg?cb=1422669907

Jim Cannon
11-09-2017, 07:26 PM

So glad you are back. Things will soon look up for us now, while it will soon turn to shit for you. Always happens when you show your face, you never learn

Maiden Eagle
11-09-2017, 07:34 PM

No offence, but it's got nothing to do with FDB, that you want us to go down. You just hate us as local rivals, like we hate you.

matbha
11-09-2017, 07:58 PM
No offence, but it's got nothing to do with FDB, that you want us to go down. You just hate us as local rivals, like we hate you.

And in my opinion that's the way It should be it was the way I grew up

old git
11-09-2017, 08:04 PM

What do you mean no offence? Everything about that lot is offensive.
Kit,hockey stadium,Tarquin fans,out of town and most of all their completely delusional opinion of their importance in the football world.:D

elgrande
11-09-2017, 08:04 PM

What you are a grown up....now i know you are full of shit.

thereichstuff
11-09-2017, 08:15 PM

You've grown up ? :jerkit:

Hitler
11-09-2017, 08:24 PM
What do you mean no offence? Everything about that lot is offensive.
Kit,hockey stadium,Tarquin fans,out of town and most of all their completely delusional opinion of their importance in the football world.:D

Don't cry. :sob:

EagleEater
11-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Wow! You are all hurting more than I thought.

What a joke you are... After sacking FDB, fans from every football club in the league having a good snigger/seeing you for what you are. A mid table Championship club at best (In overall setup/resources) ran by a tinpot dictator who doesn't have a scooby. Literally have nothing to show for 5 years in the PL apart from a huge wage bill and a couple of half decent players. You have been punching well above your weight in every sense ever since you got promoted. You won't find many fans of any other team than Palace who will disagree with that, either. :hi:

old git
11-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Wow! You are all hurting more than I thought!

What a joke you are... After sacking FDB, fans from every football club in the league having a good snigger/seeing you for what you are. A mid table Championship club at best (In overall setup/resources) ran by a tinpot dictator who doesn't have a scooby. Literally have nothing to show for 5 years in the PL apart from a huge wage bill and a couple of half decent players. You have been punching well above your weight in every sense ever since you got promoted. :hi:

I suppose you lot are a top half premier league club?:supergrin:

old git
11-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Don't cry. :sob:

Tramp.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
11-09-2017, 08:36 PM

What a joke you are... After sacking FDB, fans from every football club in the league having a good snigger/seeing you for what you are. A mid table Championship club at best (In overall setup/resources) ran by a tinpot dictator who doesn't have a scooby. Literally have nothing to show for 5 years in the PL apart from a huge wage bill and a couple of half decent players. You have been punching well above your weight in every sense ever since you got promoted. You won't find many fans of any other team than Palace who will disagree with that, either. :hi:

Old Phil is piping :supergrin:

EagleEater
11-09-2017, 08:36 PM
I suppose you lot are a top half premier league club?:supergrin:

Nope, but we have dignity and a competitive squad. All the money in the world couldn't buy you lot a bit of class or the togetherness we have at Brighton... :p

Brighton are a model on which other clubs aspire too, Palace are the polar opposite.

old git
11-09-2017, 08:38 PM

You can have a good chat with all these fans of other teams in the north stand bars post match.

elgrande
11-09-2017, 08:39 PM

Yeah..righto dipshit,so tell me,where have you been for the past five years with all your wonderful facilities.

You lot are just a load of plastic *****,who break car wing mirrors and pick on disabled children.....cant wait to come down to the tampax this season....******* mugs..come back on here when you have in the premier league for 5 years...

SwoopingGull
11-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Nope, but we have dignity and a competitive squad. All the money in the world couldn't buy you lot a bit of class or the togetherness we have at Brighton...[emoji14]
Brighton are a model on which other clubs aspire too, Palace are the polar opposite.

I don't think they have any money.[emoji14]

old git
11-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Nope, but we have dignity and a competitive squad. All the money in the world couldn't buy you lot a bit of class or the togetherness we have at Brighton... :p

Dignity.:D,
A club that prostituted itself around the south begging for money and then had to share with Gillingham and then rented a ramshackle athletics stadium.
Dignity :p

SJ'sLoveMonkey
11-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Yep Roman Abramovich looks on in pure envy at the footballing powerhouse that is Brighton and Hove Albion! Have a day off you clueless turd

old git
11-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Yep Roman Abramovich looks on in pure envy at the footballing powerhouse that is Brighton and Hove Albion! Have a day off you clueless turd

Not many owners aspire to spending 300 m on a little provincial club .

EagleEater
11-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Yeah..righto dipshit,so tell me,where have you been for the past five years with all your wonderful facilities.

You lot are just a load of plastic *****,who break car wing mirrors and pick on disabled children.....cant wait to come down to the tampax this season....******* mugs..come back on here when you have in the premier league for 5 years...

http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/smiley.gif

Maiden Eagle
11-09-2017, 08:43 PM

Yeah that's right - Bath, Saracens, Harlequins, Wasps, etc.

And you're just the internet troll wanker who said we would be relegated in 2012/13:clown:

old git
11-09-2017, 08:44 PM
http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/smiley.gif

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1pZvmyftFQv0FVlpEHGZqfm1NxuzQ9 I6s00rtdBqQIQe__iKH

SJ'sLoveMonkey
11-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Not many owners aspire to spending 300 m on a little provincial club .

Has there ever been fans of such an insignificant club been so far up their own jacksies? It really is quite brilliant

old git
11-09-2017, 08:45 PM

And you're just the internet troll wanker who said we would be relegated in 2012/13:clown:

And then disappeared for years.
Gutless .

old git
11-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Has there ever been fans of such an insignificant club been so far up their own jacksies? It really is quite brilliant

Amazing aren't they?

EagleEater
11-09-2017, 08:46 PM

http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/shutup.gif

EagleEater
11-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Amazing aren't they?

Wouldn't go that far just yet. http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/bob_banana.gif

Maiden Eagle
11-09-2017, 08:48 PM
http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/shutup.gif

Quality response.