PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Orestis Karnezis

ForzaPalace
14-08-2017, 02:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EQEq2lR.png

32 year-old Greek goalkeeper from Udinese

elgin eagle
14-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Newcastle have bid 3.6 million for him apparently.

Chillo
14-08-2017, 03:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EQEq2lR.png

32 year-old Greek goalkeeper from Udinese

Can he command his box?; it's all I want to know.

James Calder
14-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Can he command his box?; it's all I want to know.

No clue. But FWIW he's a Greek national team 'keeper (possibly first choice?) Greece are currently ranked 38th by FIFA. Wales are 18th.

:moo:

meee
14-08-2017, 03:48 PM
No clue. But FWIW he's a Greek national team 'keeper (possibly first choice?) Greece are currently ranked 38th by FIFA. Wales are 18th.

:moo:

What kind of logic is that?!:D

James Calder
14-08-2017, 04:27 PM
What kind of logic is that?!:D

I call it clutching at straws :p

jmemour
14-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Said this on the other thread when we were linked with him earlier in the summer...

I'm a Greece fan and watch near enough all their games. He's honestly terrible, I can't recall him ever making a decent save. He's incredibly half hearted at making saves, I don't think he's any better than Hennessey at all. Most Greece fans are bemused as to why he gets picked and plays in Serie A. Honestly don't know anyone who's seen him who reckons he's any good.

Pikie Punisher
14-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Most Greece fans are bemused as to why he gets picked and plays in Serie A.

I don't see why they're so interested, unless he's good at singing and dancing or is a John Travolta lookalike? :confused:

Cpfcbob
14-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Said this on the other thread when we were linked with him earlier in the summer...

I'm a Greece fan and watch near enough all their games. He's honestly terrible, I can't recall him ever making a decent save. He's incredibly half hearted at making saves, I don't think he's any better than Hennessey at all. Most Greece fans are bemused as to why he gets picked and plays in Serie A. Honestly don't know anyone who's seen him who reckons he's any good.

I will take anyone over Hennesey, literally anyone

Excowboy
14-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Sounds about right. Medical page twelve, signs page 273.

gold76
15-08-2017, 07:18 AM
His name sounds like a Harry Potter spell

mylona
15-08-2017, 07:21 AM
This smells of an agent releasing info to the press to tout his client.

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 07:43 AM

Like McCarthy and Mandanda?

He has seen both off. It is that attitude from fans and it is evident at games too that is pointless.

Hennessey is the best keeper we have at the club right now and it is now t his fault if he is not at the level we want to see a goalkeeper. No point blaming him, the club need to go out and get someone better which they have so far not done.

Cpfcbob
15-08-2017, 07:48 AM

He has seen both off. It is that attitude from fans and it is evident at games too that is pointless.

Hennessey is the best keeper we have at the club right now and it is now t his fault if he is not at the level we want to see a goalkeeper. No point blaming him, the club need to go out and get someone better which they have so far not done.
Both Mandanda and Mccarthy are alot better than chocolate wrists Hennessey!

Cpfcbob
15-08-2017, 07:53 AM
The problem with Hennessey is he does make one good save a game, despite the constant mistakes and frozen rabbit expressions. It's a bit like Pardew. Pardew loses game after game, then gets a result that keeps him in his job a bit longer.
Everyone knows we need a gk as priority, surely there is a good one available out there somewhere?

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 08:00 AM

Yet Pardew, Allardyce and De Boer have him as number 1 in past 11 months and Pardew replace McCarthy with him.

It is the playground attitude of 'anyone but' that pisses me off about this. The management think he is our best keeper (I agree) and the fans think he is not good enough. Don't blame him though he is not deliberately being poor (Miller) and the club over several years now have failed to bring in a better alternative. We all hope that will change in the next 2 weeks but it seems to me anger being directed in the wrong direction.

Owngoal
15-08-2017, 08:13 AM

Good to get behind him - just like homesick Steve, Englands next No 1 McCarthy and Speroni had to do - shame some fans can't until somebody better is signed

jmemour
15-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Yet Pardew, Allardyce and De Boer have him as number 1 in past 11 months and Pardew replace McCarthy with him.

It is the playground attitude of 'anyone but' that pisses me off about this. The management think he is our best keeper (I agree) and the fans think he is not good enough. Don't blame him though he is not deliberately being poor (Miller) and the club over several years now have failed to bring in a better alternative. We all hope that will change in the next 2 weeks but it seems to me anger being directed in the wrong direction.

Agreed. Just because Hennessey needs replacing doesn't mean we should just get anyone in. As you said, we tried that with McCarthy who was horrendous. Either sign a really good replacement or don't bother.

JamTheEagle
15-08-2017, 08:49 AM

Commanding his area and claiming crosses are not only what I'd expect from a PL keeper, it is what I would expect from any keeper at any level. It's basic and yet he cannot do it.

People can say to get behind WH but he has been given so many chances and every time he just messes it up again. New season, new start and 6 minutes in he was already flapping.

To his die-hard fans who seem to cite him ousting Speroni from the club as the reason he gets so much criticism, I genuinely couldn't give a toss who he replaced. He is shit and we need someone better, end of.

Who knows if this guy is any good but at this point I am starting to think that any competition for the spot would be very welcome.

cpfcfan1
15-08-2017, 08:51 AM
So this guy is gash then? Sounds about right

Welcome to palace

jmemour
15-08-2017, 09:13 AM
So this guy is gash then? Sounds about right

Welcome to palace

Hope I'm wrong if he signs for us. I assume if Benitez and Silva also want him he's not a terrible player, I'm just going off his performances for his national side which have been mixed at best.

DARZET EAGLE
15-08-2017, 09:48 AM

Desperation personified.:supergrin:

DARZET EAGLE
15-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Agreed. Just because Hennessey needs replacing doesn't mean we should just get anyone in. As you said, we tried that with McCarthy who was horrendous. Either sign a really good replacement or don't bother.

Right first time.

Nigelbrag
15-08-2017, 10:05 AM
[/B]

Right first time.

We would all second that, as we know nothing about this guy and "jmemmour" seems to have a far better knowledge of him from what he says, we have to ask what is the point of signing for the sake, just stick with WH and JS until such time. Hopefully FdB can convince Cillessen to change his mind.

adman50
15-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Does Kiraly still have his jogging bottoms?

Owngoal
15-08-2017, 03:26 PM
This sounds like an agent offering his man to anyone who has shown an interest in keepers lately. Sounds as if he is not good enough to generate his own interest from teams. Don't believe a word of it.

jimos_uk
15-08-2017, 04:16 PM
This sounds like an agent offering his man to anyone who has shown an interest in keepers lately. Sounds as if he is not good enough to generate his own interest from teams. Don't believe a word of it.

For the first time in ages, I make you spot on here. Agent trying to drum up a bit of interest.

GreatGonzo
31-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Just signed for Watford.

Kirby
31-08-2017, 12:37 PM
FFS.

Get Gomes.

Do something. Anything.

jmemour
31-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Bullet dodged.