PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: NathaŽl Julan

ForzaPalace
14-08-2017, 03:00 PM
https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/telefoot/news/info-telefoot-nathael-julan-a-cote-9781529.html

Crystal Glitter
14-08-2017, 03:02 PM
http://readcrystalpalace.com/2017/08/14/crystal-palace-keen-beat-competition-nathael-julan/

Jman
15-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Sounds promising until you see last year's record. 6 goals in 25 games in the French second division...

But I guess we are getting to that sort of level of desperation!

DARZET EAGLE
15-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Sounds promising until you see last year's record. 6 goals in 25 games in the French second division...

What sort of service is he getting I wonder?

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Or he was 20 years old developing and is now getting better?

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 10:09 AM
This season he has played 38 minutes of football and scored 3 goals! Just turned 21.

bourne man
15-08-2017, 10:09 AM

Players are able to improve from one season to the next

Jman
15-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Fair points - but presumably we are talking about looking for our no.2 striker rather than someone with potential for our u23s?

henryhallandhisbasque
15-08-2017, 10:32 AM
He doesn't come up as a spelling error suggestion on Google. That is worrying.

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Fair points - but presumably we are talking about looking for our no.2 striker rather than someone with potential for our u23s?

Probably looking for both at a guess.

Nigelbrag
15-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Never heard of the guy so he could turn out to be anything, but surely we should be looking at a higher grade of player (French Div 2) and somebody more proven?especially if he was needed as cover for CB which could crop up at any moment if injured, as we have seen with Wilf.
If a club like Huddersfield can attract one of the top scorers in the French top division for under 11m and he ain't bad as we saw, so where are we going wrong with our scouting you have to ask.

gold76
15-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Whilst I don't doubt this kid has potential, at 20 he'll have to have a thick skin and learn quickly.

Am all for the youthful revolution, but feel we need a craggy old head, with a bit of nous..

A younger Kevin Phillips, someone of that type..

red&blue_moomin
15-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Never heard of the guy so he could turn out to be anything, but surely we should be looking at a higher grade of player (French Div 2) and somebody more proven?especially if he was needed as cover for CB which could crop up at any moment if injured, as we have seen with Wilf.
If a club like Huddersfield can attract one of the top scorers in the French top division for under 11m and he ain't bad as we saw, so where are we going wrong with our scouting you have to ask.

Have to say compare Huddersfields business with our first season backup and they do seem to have spent the money wisely. Although if they get injuries squad depth will probably do for them.

Eagle96
15-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Sign that 18 year old Metz forward who scored against us and made our defenders look pub standard (which they are, but you know what I mean)

Nigelbrag
15-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Have to say compare Huddersfields business with our first season backup and they do seem to have spent the money wisely. Although if they get injuries squad depth will probably do for them.

What i find rather puzzling with the FdB appointment, it would seem he would have been made aware at the lack of funds he would have at his disposal when appointed, yet went ahead, knowing to implement his changes would require considerable spending. :confused:
Must have been desperate to take the job.
You mention their squad depth and injuries, i do believe they signed around 9 players and were also on the verge of getting another defender in, and just 4 made their debuts on Saturday so many more back up's to call on, and they also had one of the lower divisions most prolific strikers who's name i cant think off, sitting on the bench i think.
I really can see and i have said this many times before, Huddersfield surviving comfortably this season, having come up with a well oiled tried and trusted system by the ever astute Wagner, plus adding players like Ince and Others who are made for their style, bodes well for their future in my opinion.

PauLo
15-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Buy him.

McpfcS
15-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Buy him.

On the basis that he's another footballer?

xian1
29-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Rumoured to be joining Wolves tomorrow

Jim Cannon
29-08-2017, 09:13 PM

does it matter, we don't offer service to strikers here do we:D