PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Skorupski

Thefunkymonk
14-08-2017, 03:47 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4789474/Crystal-Palace-manager-Frank-Boer-eyes-Lukasz-Skorupski.html?ITO=1490

CharlieCPFC
14-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Suggested by yours truly.

JamTheEagle
14-08-2017, 03:50 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4789474/Crystal-Palace-manager-Frank-Boer-eyes-Lukasz-Skorupski.html?ITO=1490

Never heard of him, no idea if he is any good but at this point I would take literally anyone other than WH.

ForzaPalace
14-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Suggested by yours truly.

Probably where the story originates from tbh

Stellavista
14-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Overseas loan. I hope we're keeping our powder dry for some serious permanent CB and striker signings. If not, with de Boer and his square peg/round hole formation and this squad, we are truly f*cked.

mushroom
14-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Never heard of him, could be shit. I'll take him over WH

Gregz41
Overseas loan. I hope we're keeping our powder dry for some serious permanent CB and striker signings. If not, with de Boer and his square peg/round hole formation and this squad, we are truly f*cked.

The article does say loan with an option to buy of 6m. Are we allowed a third loan, providing it is from abroad?

ForzaPalace
Yes

sl6 Eagle
14-08-2017, 04:13 PM
What's with all the loan signings? Preparing for the possibility of shipping them all out should the worst happen and we get relegated. Some permanent signings would be nice.

Shoreditch CPFC
14-08-2017, 04:14 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/14/crystal-palace-pursue-deal-roma-goalkeeper-lukasz-skorupski/

thereichstuff
14-08-2017, 04:14 PM
What's with all the loan signings? Preparing for the possibility of shipping them all out should the worst happen and we get relegated. Some permanent signings would be nice.

Saving the money for sakho innit :p

spt1978
14-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Transfer window is turning into a slight shambles.

How about some first choice permanent signings.

Penstone Eagle
14-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Not Dutch then.

Thefunkymonk
14-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Saving the money for sakho innit :p

If we signed this keeper on loan.. sakho and a striker I would be very happy

The Vicar
14-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Interesting, clearly there is no dosh to spend this transfer window. Looking for a loan...very tight purse strings.

Looking at the overall picture, new manager, new formation, many needs...worried a tad about relegation. Hope my fears are misplaced.

Thefunkymonk
14-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Interesting, clearly there is no dosh to spend this transfer window. Looking for a loan...very tight purse strings.

Looking at the overall picture, new manager, new formation, many needs...worried a tad about relegation. Hope my fears are misplaced.

I just don't get where the money has gone..

adman50
I can't see it.

They just lost Wojciech Szczęsny to Juve so why would they let him go now?

I'm hoping this is talk to help Zot move along.

4 cryingOutloud
De Boer is weighing up the loan move for 26 year old Łukasz Skorupski and Sportsmail understands an option to buy of around 6million would also be on the table.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4789474/Crystal-Palace-manager-Frank-Boer-eyes-Lukasz-Skorupski.html#ixzz4pkPCWUgZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Obviously were pretty skint if we need to loan yet another player. Just wish the club would make a statement regarding transfers instead of giving us false hope all the time.

Chillo
14-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Obviously were pretty skint if we need to loan yet another player. Just wish the club would make a statement regarding transfers instead of giving us false hope all the time.

Why does the club have to be skint?

What if the players we want aren't out there at what we can afford to pay (however that is judged)?

Perhaps overseas loans are a good way to trial someone before buying? If we had got Sakho that way, I don't think many of us would have complained; in that case, the timescale was too short to sort out that element of any deal (the evening the January window closed). This time we have a bit longer.

Where's the false hope? - RdB said in the post-match interviews that he was after a keeper; perhaps this is his man? (perhaps it's not?)

The club doesn't need to give us any statement regarding transfers; why potentially weaken your negotiating hand by saying 'we definitely need a new keeper/CB/AM/ST before 1st Sept'?

Bobby Smith
14-08-2017, 04:37 PM

On players who can't get in the team (schlupp) or don't fit the new system (luka)?

BringbackShipps
14-08-2017, 04:38 PM
If there is no money you've got to think there's more to the Tony Adams takeover rumours than Parish would have you believe.

Chillo
14-08-2017, 04:39 PM
If there is no money you've got to think there's more to the Tony Adams takeover rumours than Parish would have you believe.

Who says there's no money?

Thefunkymonk
14-08-2017, 04:40 PM
On players who can't get in the team (schlupp) or don't fit the new system (luka)?

Prior to January we have barely had large net spend.. so a large spend in January shouldn't be it. we are either being horrendously tight for fear of admin etc again or are pissing money on shite. If it's the latter then it's poor management

New LP
14-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Can we have more than two loans?

Chillo
14-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Can we have more than two loans?

Yes. Two UK and more overseas loans IIRC.

New LP
14-08-2017, 04:45 PM

No one has 'said' it.

However the summer so far hasn't given the impression that we have money to spend.

old geezer
14-08-2017, 04:45 PM

I share your fears - hope our malaise is little more than early teething problems but not confident it is

BringbackShipps
14-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Nobody, that's why I said 'if there is no money' :p

Gyro1780
14-08-2017, 04:48 PM
I very much doubt we have no money to spend on transfers. I think it's more we're waiting for the right players or leaving any deals towards the end of the window to try & get the best deal.
Don't think FdB would have signed with us without any money for transfers.
I expect us to be very busy before the windows closes.

+ I think we'll beat Liverpool too. Would be typical Palace to lose to a newly promoted team then beat one of the best teams in the league.

Gyro1780
*DOUBLE POST* Sorry... Please delete.

firesign
Never heard of him, no idea if he is any good but at this point I would take literally anyone other than WH.

This.

jobiinthelastmi
14-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Anybody! Anybody other than Hennesssy!!!

the drexciyan
14-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Never heard of him, but he's an upgrade on Hennessey.

eagle101
14-08-2017, 08:01 PM
I know people are moaning about another loan, but given this one would apparently have a view to buy I don't see it as an issue. I just wish we had the same option with Loftus-Cheek and Fosu-Mensah!

Green Bin
14-08-2017, 08:01 PM
I very much doubt we have no money to spend on transfers. I think it's more we're waiting for the right players or leaving any deals towards the end of the window to try & get the best deal.
Don't think FdB would have signed with us without any money for transfers.
I expect us to be very busy before the windows closes.

+ I think we'll beat Liverpool too. Would be typical Palace to lose to a newly promoted team then beat one of the best teams in the league.

Even with their own issues, I can't believe we can beat Liverpool at Anfield for a 4th season running

AJ's right boot
14-08-2017, 09:25 PM

Or we spent this summers budget in January. Which seems far more likely.

glaziers fan
14-08-2017, 09:31 PM

saving it, before cashing out to Tony's consortium?! Where have the Americans gone? Are they cashing out as well?

glaziers fan
14-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Or we spent this summers budget in January. Which seems far more likely.

I understand not wanting to pay over the odds, and that the transfer market gets more and more ridiculous every season. But it is surely economic madness to spend peanuts in this window unless we simply don't have it. Luka, Schlupp, PVA and Sakho were all needed. We are still in transition because there are still massive holes in the first XI let alone the squad. Ideally we would sign 5 quality players in this window, and there would still be more holes to fill next summer because of the loan players leaving.

I believe we can attract the players now that we have De Boer and because we are a London club in our 5th straight Premiership season. The hardest hurdle to jump has been cleared. If we get into a relegation battle we will end up paying over the odds in January anyway. Hope we can get some deals done on deadline day.

GreatGonzo
14-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Only time we can say if there is money to spend or not is after 1 Sep. Suspect we have several deals yet to be done and time will tell.

gold76
15-08-2017, 07:16 AM
My gut feeling is that there is probably enough for one marquee signing, Sakho being the one most of us all want, for a compromise figure.

This prospective goalkeeper loan deal, would appear good value, as I doubt whether we will be spending north of 10 million on a new No.1 as we still need a striker too..

mushroom
15-08-2017, 07:48 AM
My gut feeling is that there is probably enough for one marquee signing, Sakho being the one most of us all want, for a compromise figure.

This prospective goalkeeper loan deal, would appear good value, as I doubt whether we will be spending north of 10 million on a new No.1 as we still need a striker too..

Would a "marquee signing" want to come if we continue with a system not suited to the players we have?

Nostrils
15-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Would a "marquee signing" want to come if we continue with a system not suited to the players we have?
I think Sakho would have both the confidence and arrogance (I like this) to think he could sort out our back three.

mroakley9
15-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Can he play right wing back?

Nostrils
15-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Would he Shorupski the defence?

Shipp Ahoy!
15-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Just wish the club would make a statement regarding transfers instead of giving us false hope all the time.

Possibly the most stupid thing I have ever read.

9Freedman9
15-08-2017, 09:12 AM

:supergrin:

Worksop Palace
15-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Oh well played sir, well played indeed :lux:

Latvian Eagle
15-08-2017, 10:50 AM
http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=www.football-italia.net#article/footballitalia-108181&menu=news-all

jimmy the gent
15-08-2017, 10:57 AM
An overseas loan player with zero Premiership experience? Yeah, sounds about right. If we get him then we'll have two CB's barely out of their teens, and a keeper, with collectively 5 prem appearances between them. What could possibly go wrong.

richdeniro
15-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Hope we can get him in before Saturday.

gamesmeister
15-08-2017, 11:11 AM
An overseas loan player with zero Premiership experience? Yeah, sounds about right. If we get him then we'll have two CB's barely out of their teens, and a keeper, with collectively 5 prem appearances between them. What could possibly go wrong.

I know right, you never win anything with kids

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 11:12 AM

So you would prefer Hennessey in goal now?

Oh ok.

FourtyTwo
15-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Hope we can get him in before Saturday.

Noooo - we get a new keeper AFTER a hammering at Anfield!

;)

RDSdaEAGLE
15-08-2017, 11:15 AM
An overseas loan player with zero Premiership experience? Yeah, sounds about right.

Didn't do Huddersfield any harm...

Latvian Eagle
15-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Good point Robert.

Pinkie Brown
15-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Noooo - we get a new keeper AFTER a hammering at Anfield!

;)

Yes please, worked well last time, Nigel :love:

Pinkie Brown
15-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Yes he was brilliant against our one shot on target ;)

Kidofwonder
15-08-2017, 11:43 AM
anyone but Wayne

Penstone Eagle
15-08-2017, 11:55 AM
So not a striker then. Oh well. There Alway January I suppose.

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Yes he was brilliant against our one shot on target ;)

Apparently there were 4 on target. Did well On Benteke's header and Zaha's shot which Moss wasn't good enough to acknowledge.

Not sure what the others were.

Pinkie Brown
15-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Apparently there were 4 on target. Did well On Benteke's header and Zaha's shot which Moss wasn't good enough to acknowledge.

4! Was Diana Abbott doing the Opta stats?

PauLo
15-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Buy him.

johnbush
15-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Oh well played sir, well played indeed :lux:
Stone me - you're easily amused.

jimmy the gent
15-08-2017, 01:45 PM
I know right, you never win anything with kids

Tell me which of the 'kids' at united during this time were overseas players that were starting at CB or in goal? One thing throwing a raw winger into a game, or even striker, but certain there are certain positions on the pitch where experience is simply more important and youth is a far greater gamble. CB and keeper are the top of that list.

GreatGonzo
15-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Tell me which of the 'kids' at united during this time were overseas players that were starting at CB or in goal? One thing throwing a raw winger into a game, or even striker, but certain there are certain positions on the pitch where experience is simply more important and youth is a far greater gamble. CB and keeper are the top of that list.

Both Nevilles at full back? Scholes in CM.

jimmy the gent
15-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Both Nevilles at full back? Scholes in CM.

Yep and at CB Pallister and Steve Bruce. Plus dennis irwin who appeared 30 times that year at full back. Scholes played 16 times. The whole 'kids' thing was overblown.

regal_eagle
16-08-2017, 12:34 AM
Possibly the most stupid thing I have ever read.

He's got remarkable form.

East-End Eagle
16-08-2017, 06:09 AM

Local car dealerships ans estate agents mostly I would guess....

sw16girl
16-08-2017, 06:22 AM

I imagine we spent it in advance last January.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 06:25 AM
I imagine we spent it in advance last January.

So where did last seasons money go because out net spend last summer was pretty low.

HRS
16-08-2017, 06:54 AM
So where did last seasons money go because out net spend last summer was pretty low.

Indeed, our summer net spend would not have been considered excessive to a great deal of Championship sides.

swissroll
16-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Last accounts showed a loss - salaries are at unsustainable level and we are 6th highest net spenders over last 4 years in PL. owners had to step in and help fund jan transfers. All in all no surprise if we have no money this season and need to balance books

James SG
16-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Last accounts showed a loss - salaries are at unsustainable level and we are 6th highest net spenders over last 4 years in PL. owners had to step in and help fund jan transfers. All in all no surprise if we have no money this season and need to balance books

Makes sense what you say however you would think a massive change of playing style would not have been advisable this summer if we have no money to buy the required players. Surely we should consider that when we actually have some cash available to the manager...??

cpgiles1984
16-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Spot on !

Mad Raschic Ken
16-08-2017, 07:19 AM
Makes sense what you say however you would think a massive change of playing style would not have been advisable this summer if we have no money to buy the required players. Surely we should consider that when we actually have some cash available to the manager...??

I think that's the point isn't it? If there wasn't a lot of money to spend, the no.1 criteria when selecting a new manager should have been to find one that would work with what was already available and make as few changes as possible. We have instead gone to the completely opposite extreme.

I still think we might end up spending quite a lot, but we will see.

CaterhamEagle
16-08-2017, 07:27 AM

PvA free kick was one of them, straigh at him.

Not sure on last one.

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 07:37 AM

Our value for money in which case is shocking

Martin H
16-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Not sure on last one.

It was Wilf.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Last years accounts showed a 5-6m loss compared to 30m profits in the previous 2 years So you are talking a fair amount of bollocks there.

The net spend INCLUDES the January purchases which is the first window where we have spent more than 25m net.

Wages are not at unsustainable levels, last year they were in the region of 70m against income over 110m. The accounts will make some interesting reading come Feb/Mar next year. Would be interested to see the table that has us as 6 highest net spenders too.

Mad Raschic Ken
16-08-2017, 07:40 AM

Not sure on last one.

I think Wilf cut inside early in the game and hit a powder puff shot straight down the middle of the goal from about 12 yards.

Silks&Tekkers
16-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Last years accounts showed a 5-6m loss compared to 30m profits in the previous 2 years So you are talking a fair amount of bollocks there.

The net spend INCLUDES the January purchases which is the first window where we have spent more than 25m net.

Wages are not at unsustainable levels, last year they were in the region of 70m against income over 110m. The accounts will make some interesting reading come Feb/Mar next year. Would be interested to see the table that has us as 6 highest net spenders too.

So that leaves 40m in turnover a year for player transfers, signing on bonuses, agent fees, maintenance of the ground/training/academy/, community work, paying suppliers and compensation every year for a sacked manager/new coaching team.

There isn't much money spare unless we invest 50m+ of our owner's money in players. We need to sort out wage bill out, when we are paying players better than Tottenham, Southampton etc then it's not good.

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 07:54 AM
So that leaves 40m in turnover a year for player transfers, signing on bonuses, agent fees, maintenance of the ground/training/academy/, community work, paying suppliers and compensation every year for a sacked manager/new coaching team.

There isn't much money spare unless we invest 50m+ of our owner's money in players. We need to sort out wage bill out, when we are paying players better than Tottenham, Southampton etc then it's not good.

That's poor management then

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 08:01 AM

'Wages' probably covers most of what you have put there in terms of payments to players/manager staff etc, not sure they are split out in the accounts but willing to proved wrong.

In terms of everything else in the Championship we were working to a budget of about 15m so yes i think there is certainly some scope for funds to be available.

We had 22m in income from Gate receipts, Sponsorship and commercial income in the last accounts (according to Guardian) and the PL have published we earner 110m from TV revenue last year so actually the 110m is on the low side for last year and we are told our sponsorship income is even higher this year etc etc. We are also one of the few PL teams with no net debt.

As for paying players more than Spurs and Southampton - which players are you talking about?

SilentAssassin
16-08-2017, 08:07 AM
'Wages' probably covers most of what you have put there in terms of payments to players/manager staff etc, not sure they are split out in the accounts but willing to proved wrong.

In terms of everything else in the Championship we were working to a budget of about 15m so yes i think there is certainly some scope for funds to be available.

We had 22m in income from Gate receipts, Sponsorship and commercial income in the last accounts (according to Guardian) and the PL have published we earner 110m from TV revenue last year so actually the 110m is on the low side for last year and we are told our sponsorship income is even higher this year etc etc. We are also one of the few PL teams with no net debt.

As for paying players more than Spurs and Southampton - which players are you talking about?

Supposedly Wickham is on more money than Danny Rose.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 08:11 AM

Think that changed when Rose signed his new deal last year but apparently not by much.

Shoreditch CPFC
16-08-2017, 08:27 AM

Benteke and Zaha earn more than their highest earners. Probably Cabaye and Townsend too. Levy sticks to his wage cap. It was right to bring these players in though and improve Zaha's contract but its not surprising there are implications. The fact that we apparently bid 20m for Sakho suggests to me that there is still some money in the tin though.

St.AlbansEagle
16-08-2017, 08:32 AM
The spurs wage structure is blown out of all proportion. Their basic pay is indeed lower but their contracts include significant performance based bonuses whoch apparently bring them very much in line with the rest of the big 6.

Like most things, rarely commented upon by the media who are largely financially incompetent (ex players certainly).

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Benteke and Zaha earn more than their highest earners. Probably Cabaye and Townsend too. Levy sticks to his wage cap. It was right to bring these players in though and improve Zaha's contract but its not surprising there are implications. The fact that we apparently bid 20m for Sakho suggests to me that there is still some money in the tin though.

Yeah Zaha and Benteke were the 2 that i had in mind, although Kane also earns more than 100k a week now.

We have to pay the wages need for players to join us which may be different for what they would take elsewhere. However Benteke is a top class striker and Zaha a top class forward. The advantage of paying him well in this context is he would probably need to take a pay cut now to join spurs which had looked a distinct possibility for a couple of years, now it is unlikely.

The turnover to wages issue is less of an issue in the PL because the money is so great. If you take the general running costs of a club they are not too high, so the bulk of the turnover is going to go in player acquisitions and wages. In the football league it is more of an issue because the TV income is so much smaller but the running costs do not drop to the same extent.

dave_who_ru
16-08-2017, 09:03 AM
The spurs wage structure is blown out of all proportion. Their basic pay is indeed lower but their contracts include significant performance based bonuses whoch apparently bring them very much in line with the rest of the big 6.

Like most things, rarely commented upon by the media who are largely financially incompetent (ex players certainly).

But then don't all clubs have a bonus structure? A quick search shows bonuses of several millions being split between a squad for just avoiding relegation.

There will also be the standard individual player bonuses.

Still doesn't get players like Harry Kane from say 100k a week to the 150k+ a week bracket.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 09:03 AM

In the year to 2016 our staff costs were 20% lower than Spurs or theirs were 25% higher than ours depending on which way round you want to go. They staff costs (which will predominantly be players) were 100m and ours 80m. Although that includes Tax, Ni etc etc.

dave_who_ru
16-08-2017, 10:09 AM

Given we haven't seen any audited accounts I would be surprised if the wage bill was that low. They were 81m in 2015/16. The reality is that the wage bill has gone from 46m to 81m in our first 3 seasons in the Premier League whereas our turnover has only gone from 90m to 102m.

So one could certainly argue that wages are at unsustainable levels. What we don't know is the breakdown between players and staff. Does this include all the compensation we have paid out for our managerial roundabout?

What is do know is there has been a quantum leap in turnover for last season. The TV deal lasts for 3 years so hopefully our wages to turnover ratio will start looking a bit more sensible.

Ignoring what the big clubs pay in wages we need to be on a similar ratio to clubs like Stoke, Swansea and WBA who have a comparable turnover.

Here is the table showing our net spend:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

This shows we have are now 8th so it is being updated.

El Aguila
16-08-2017, 10:13 AM
And look at Spurs.

Latvian Eagle
16-08-2017, 10:16 AM
So are we likely to sign Skorupski?

Not sure what talking about Spurs wages has got to do with it.

St.AlbansEagle
16-08-2017, 10:17 AM
My understanding, from a source close to spurs, is that their bonus structure is signifiantly larger than the other top 6 clubs and this is what brings them back in line.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-08-2017, 10:28 AM
One wonders whether by now the club should have done more to beef up non TV income? Is that a case of the club being under-managed/resourced off the pitch? Another side effect of the failure to build up capacity and improve facilities at the ground presumably?

adrenalin john
16-08-2017, 10:29 AM
So are we likely to sign Skorupski?

I hope so. I know nothing about him as a player but he sounds like a minor Bond villain and you can never have too many Bond villains.

dave_who_ru
16-08-2017, 10:36 AM
My understanding, from a source close to spurs, is that their bonus structure is signifiantly larger than the other top 6 clubs and this is what brings them back in line.

Danny Rose seems to disagree. According to reports the players negotiated a big bonus at the start of last season if they qualified for the Champions League. Other than that the article seemed to suggest they were on standard bonus contracts.

Mr Palace
16-08-2017, 10:38 AM

Wickham shouldn't be on more than 20k. He's an average player, with some potential yet to be realised.

adrenalin john
16-08-2017, 10:38 AM
On the name basis we have a few god uns

Zaha is excellent and just the sort of thing I like to shout when I arrive on the scene with a flowing black cloak, sword in hand and surprise the villiain just when he thought he was going to get away with it.

Also, because I dislike the energy company so much, Punch Eon is a bit of a favourite.

Dann however is boring, as is de boering, Towns end is literally suburban, Ward is also dull. Obviously were he a complete nutter and we could call him psychiatric ward that would be different but he is a goody two shoes Christian.

Talking of Christians I quite like Benteke - ben being 'son of', and I like the idea of having a dad called Teke. As for Meal a lot of vic I just hope Serbian feasts are of decent quality.

Finally, the Frenchman who is leaving us, I simply asked if he was taking a taxi and he replied Cab? aye. Clearly, he spent too much time with Jimmy Mac

cdm61
16-08-2017, 10:44 AM
And look at Spurs.

Yes - and they came second last season - Levy is very good - we don't have anything to sell

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Given we haven't seen any audited accounts I would be surprised if the wage bill was that low. They were 81m in 2015/16. The reality is that the wage bill has gone from 46m to 81m in our first 3 seasons in the Premier League whereas our turnover has only gone from 90m to 102m.

Note 8 of our 15/16 Audited accounts has wages and salaries (which will me mostly but not exclusively players) was 71m. The 81m figure you quote includes the NI etc so depends on what basis you want to call a players wage.

If someone asked what you earn you would be unlikely to give the figure you cost your employer and more likely give headline salary for example.

So wages to turnover is 70%. Even at the higher figure it is 79%, and whilst high this is in line with many of the other clubs who would look to class themselves as established mid-table clubs like Stoke etc. Only 3 clubs get as low as 50% and Man Utd do it by having such high turnover that is 5 times ours. Given our TV income rose so greatly last year it will be interesting to see what happened to the wage bill, although that is what is constrained by FFP so we are limited to an extent by how much it can increase.

Thank you for the link to the table. It is interesting to see although slightly skewed as it does not take account of which division the teams were in at the time. For example have a net spend of 6m per season over the past 5 years when for 4 of those they were a championship club. Same with Brighton etc.

Terrace Bickle
16-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I hope so. I know nothing about him as a player but he sounds like a minor Bond villain and you can never have too many Bond villains.

He might find stroking a pussy whilst standing between the sticks distracting.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 10:47 AM
One wonders whether by now the club should have done more to beef up non TV income? Is that a case of the club being under-managed/resourced off the pitch? Another side effect of the failure to build up capacity and improve facilities at the ground presumably?

Which non-tv income?

Gate receipts require price hikes or more seats etc.

Nigelbrag
16-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Something very wrong with the way our management operates, if as it is being suggested we have one of the highest wage structures and yet are in a perennial struggle to survive? something is very wrong.
Why not get our scouting system right and research the right players as Huddersfield have done, just look at their keeper truly outstanding and composed on his debut if that is anything to go by they have a gem on their hands. And as for their Centre Forward what can i say? one of the highest scorers in France and yet bought for 11m, and against Palace his finishing said it all.
And here we are still searching in those very TWO positions that have needed to be strengthened from as long as we care to remember, if a club like them can attract talent, then why can't we. Get your act together Palace.

ForzaPalace
16-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Something very wrong with the way our management operates, if as it is being suggested we have one of the highest wage structures and yet are in a perennial struggle to survive? something is very wrong.
Why not get our scouting system right and research the right players as Huddersfield have done, just look at their keeper truly outstanding and composed on his debut if that is anything to go by they have a gem on their hands. And as for their Centre Forward what can i say? one of the highest scorers in France and yet bought for 11m, and against Palace his finishing said it all.
And here we are still searching in those very TWO positions that have needed to be strengthened from as long as we care to remember, if a club like them can attract talent, then why can't we. Get your act together Palace.

Two words. Teflon Phil.

Young Trolley
16-08-2017, 10:52 AM

Yep said this straight after the game, sadly despite our 5th year in this league in so many aspects our set up is that of a League 1 outfit...

El Aguila
16-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Their goalie's on loan, I think.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Which non-tv income?

We're now in the 5th season in the PL. The club needs to push on off the pitch as well as on it. By now there should have been more progress in these areas.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 10:57 AM

So you have based that on 1 appearance? Hennessey looked World Class at Stamford Bridge last season for example.

Mounie looked pretty good when given a free header and he scored a good second goal but last season he was behind Falcao, Gomis and Thauvin who all failed to make an impact in the so i still think he has a lot to prove. When Benik Afobe joined Bournemouth he scored 3 in his first 4 including against us and everyone said what a great deal it was, he has scored 7 in 47 since and isn't looking such an amazing deal afterall.

Mounie may prove himself and it was a great signing but it is a bit early to say yet.

Big Blue Eagle
16-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Which non-tv income?

Very good point, it's difficult to see how we can substantially increase this are. Non to income basically falls as follows....

Gate/match receipts
Sponsorship of shirts, stadium, club vodka etc etc
Some ad revenue, although some of the stadium ads are PL "owned"
Use of facilities for non football stuff like conferences
Merchandise sales
Club memberships, Palace Player etc
European qualification (eventually)

For a club of our scale getting big increases in those areas is incredibly hard, particularly with the state of Selhurst generally.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 11:06 AM
We're now in the 5th season in the PL. The club needs to push on off the pitch as well as on it. By now there should have been more progress in these areas.

Last published accounts:
Gate receipts - 20% increase
Sponsorship and advertising - 19% increase
Other commercial activities - 16% increase

'Other income was down but no idea what goes into that.

Overall non tv revenue was up.

We are increasing it year by year but when 77% of your income is earned by TV revenue, and that will be a much higher % this year your other revenue becomes almost insignificant. If the club finished 7th this season and we all went to the games free, they would still make more money than charging us and finishing 14th!

Nigelbrag
16-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Two words. Teflon Phil.

On that basis he needs a good scrub.:D

Boyandy
16-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Mounie looked pretty good when given a free header and he scored a good second goal but last season he was behind Falcao, Gomis and Thauvin who all failed to make an impact in the so i still think he has a lot to prove. When Benik Afobe joined Bournemouth he scored 3 in his first 4 including against us and everyone said what a great deal it was, he has scored 7 in 47 since and isn't looking such an amazing deal afterall.

Mounie may prove himself and it was a great signing but it is a bit early to say yet.

Exactly. I wouldn't necessarily take a goal against us as a barometer of success. He may well turn out to be an astute signing but I expect it's far easier to convince someone to come when they're likely to be first choice - he wouldn't have been with us.

Gayle, Campbell, Wickham and Benteke all came straight into the first team when they joined didn't they?

Ooh Betty
16-08-2017, 11:29 AM
On that basis he needs a good scrub.:D

And a long overdue trip to the job centre.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Exactly. I wouldn't necessarily take a goal against us as a barometer of success. He may well turn out to be an astute signing but I expect it's far easier to convince someone to come when they're likely to be first choice - he wouldn't have been with us.

Gayle, Campbell, Wickham and Benteke all came straight into the first team when they joined didn't they?

Dont think Campbell did.

Skorupski (to bring back on tread) would though i think.

Latvian Eagle
16-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Dont think Campbell did.

Skorupski (to bring back on tread) would though i think.

Campbell played at Arsenal first game of that season.

Nigelbrag
16-08-2017, 11:45 AM
So you have based that on 1 appearance? Hennessey looked World Class at Stamford Bridge last season for example.

You need to be more generous in your appraisals and see the positives, but also judge on what you see now and not too deeply into the future, and what we saw on Saturday was impressive.
You mentioned Mounie's header, yes it may appear to be simple but it was his movement "to lose" his marker to create the space which created the opportunity and was finished off with an aplomb, granted Riediwald's marking was a joke, and his 2nd was all about composure, offcourse it is early days to make full judgement.
What would we give to have someone like him in our ranks to call on as we search for an additional striker.
As for Gomis, Falcao and Thauvin they could have failed in the premiership for a variety of reasons, but there can be no questioning their true ability as they now show. As for Afobe, how can he be judged fully when he seldom starts let alone gets a proper run in the team, maybe it shows the strength in depth in strikers they have that he can be used sparingly.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 11:48 AM
You need to be more generous in your appraisals and see the positives, but also judge on what you see now and not too deeply into the future, and what we saw on Saturday was impressive.
You mentioned Mounie's header, yes it may appear to be simple but it was his movement "to lose" his marker to create the space which created the opportunity and was finished off with an aplomb, granted Riediwald's marking was a joke, and his 2nd was all about composure, offcourse it is early days to make full judgement.
What would we give to have someone like him in our ranks to call on as we search for an additional striker.
As for Gomis, Falcao and Thauvin they could have failed in the premiership for a variety of reasons, but there can be no questioning their true ability as they now show. As for Afobe, how can he be judged fully when he seldom starts let alone gets a proper run in the team, maybe it shows the strength in depth in strikers they have that he can be used sparingly.

He also allowed TFM to get back and tackle him with what was possibly he best opening of the game.

Nigelbrag
16-08-2017, 12:29 PM
He also allowed TFM to get back and tackle him with what was possibly he best opening of the game.

Do you expect players to produce 10 out of 10 performances in every game or possibly even 11?
If you do, you may have to wait forever and a day.:rolleyes:

jimmy the gent
16-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Wickham shouldn't be on more than 20k. He's an average player, with some potential yet to be realised.

Wickham could have been a very good signing, if injuries hadnt completely naused up his development. Sometimes clubs get lucky, palace as we know, often don't.

Green Bin
16-08-2017, 01:09 PM

Yes he was playing a team that hasn't settled to a new system yet and against a goalkeeper in Hennessey who struggles to save any shot not staight at him...now if we had started off kicking him the way Zaha was being kicked, he may have been a bit quieter

Quite a lot of the forwards we have been linked with or we 'should' have bought have been a disappointment for other teams...look at Slimani of Leicester for instance, and Gomis, and whatever ever happened to Michu (Pulis wanted him didn't he)

Latvian Eagle
16-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Yes he was playing a team that hasn't settled to a new system yet and against a goalkeeper in Hennessey who struggles to save any shot not staight at him...now if we had started off kicking him the way Zaha was being kicked, he may have been a bit quieter

Quite a lot of the forwards we have been linked with or we 'should' have bought have been a disappointment for other teams...look at Slimani of Leicester for instance, and Gomis, and whatever ever happened to Michu (Pulis wanted him didn't he)

Michu has retired due to persistent injuries.

GreatGonzo
16-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Do you expect players to produce 10 out of 10 performances in every game or possibly even 11?
If you do, you may have to wait forever and a day.:rolleyes:

You told me to judge a player on what i see and then complain when i have done that. No pleasing some people lol

Johnnieboy
16-08-2017, 02:20 PM

We are Spinal Tap!!

Sharkba1t
16-08-2017, 02:30 PM
He might find stroking a pussy whilst standing between the sticks distracting.

Yes, but will he "command the box" ?:p

4 cryingOutloud
16-08-2017, 02:32 PM
And there was me thinking that this was the Skorupski thread, but then I find it's all about Spurs wage structure. What a load of boring twaddle.

dave_who_ru
16-08-2017, 03:43 PM
In the year to 2016 our staff costs were 20% lower than Spurs or theirs were 25% higher than ours depending on which way round you want to go. They staff costs (which will predominantly be players) were 100m and ours 80m. Although that includes Tax, Ni etc etc.

The difference being this represented 48% of Spurs' turnover compared to 79% of ours.

Another way of looking at it is that Spurs had the 6th highest wage bill and finished 3rd and we had the 14th highest wage bill and finished 15th, We did reach a cup final though.

4 cryingOutloud
16-08-2017, 03:46 PM
The difference being this represented 48% of Spurs' turnover compared to 79% of ours.

Another way of looking at it is that Spurs had the 6th highest wage bill and finished 3rd and we had the 14th highest wage bill and finished 15th, We did reach a cup final though.

Take it to PM FFS.

Silks&Tekkers
16-08-2017, 04:06 PM

Schlupp is on 50k+, more than players like Kevin Wimmer, Ben Davies and Trippier. 50k+ is near parity with Deli Alli.

Cabaye (86k?) is on more than Lamela(75k), Dembele(80k), Dier (70k) and Toby Alderweireld (75k)

On that basis, our wage structure is awful and is very inflated in relation to other teams in the league with our size.

dave_who_ru
16-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Note 8 of our 15/16 Audited accounts has wages and salaries (which will me mostly but not exclusively players) was 71m. The 81m figure you quote includes the NI etc so depends on what basis you want to call a players wage.

For the purposes of 'Short Term Cost Control' (the wage cap) the 'Player Services Costs' include National Insurance contributions paid by the club so we have to look at the higher figure when comparing with other clubs.

What we don't know is how much of the 81m relates to the non-playing staff, although it will be a small proportion.

dave_who_ru
16-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Take it to PM FFS.

OK back to the thread. According to Wiki he signed a 4 year contract with Roma in July 2013. Does anyone know his current contract?

More importantly he played 35 games on loan at Empoli last season who were relegated from Serie A.

Latvian Eagle
16-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Contract runs until 2021. Second choice to Allisson Becker at Roma at the moment. Was a bright spot in a really crap Empoli team who really shouldn't have been relegated last season.

Yogya
16-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Schlupp is on 50k+, more than players like Kevin Wimmer, Ben Davies and Trippier. 50k+ is near parity with Deli Alli.

Cabaye (86k?) is on more than Lamela(75k), Dembele(80k), Dier (70k) and Toby Alderweireld (75k)

On that basis, our wage structure is awful and is very inflated in relation to other teams in the league with our size.

Impressed that you can have such inside information at not one, but at least two clubs. Could you advise who we are going to sign?

GRAND UNION
16-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Impressed that you can have such inside information at not one, but at least two clubs. Could you advise who we are going to sign?

Piss off to another thread with your answer thou

Silks&Tekkers
16-08-2017, 04:50 PM

What a condescending reply. Hardly inside information is it...

Our next signing will be Skorupooski if it helps...

:jerkit:

CharlieCPFC
16-08-2017, 04:53 PM
OK back to the thread. According to Wiki he signed a 4 year contract with Roma in July 2013. Does anyone know his current contract?

More importantly he played 35 games on loan at Empoli last season who were relegated from Serie A.

They conceded 61 goals following relegation.

Torino finished 8th having conceded 66 goals.

Empoli also scored the least amount of goals in the league with 29 goals scored all season.

Lombardo's hair
16-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Michu has retired due to persistent injuries.

So why didn't we sign him?

CP-RJW
16-08-2017, 05:43 PM
What a condescending reply. Hardly inside information is it

No pisstake at all, where do you find this information?

DARZET EAGLE
16-08-2017, 06:30 PM
And there was me thinking that this was the Skorupski thread, but then I find it's all about Spurs wage structure. What a load of boring twaddle.

This. Either nobody knows anything about our Polish target, or are simply not interested in making a comment. For what it is worth he is 26, played around 160 odd senior games and has one International cap. I would prefer Zoet myself or Nigel Martyn.

Silks&Tekkers
17-08-2017, 07:40 AM
No pisstake at all, where do you find this information?

The power of google and a bit of research. Footballers salaries are hardly kept secret, fair enough bonuses and clauses will come into it but basic weekly's are easy enough to find.

No update on the GK?

Kirby
17-08-2017, 08:42 AM
I didn't think it was possible to find ourselves with less quality in the GK department going into the new season than we had in the last campaign, but we've somehow managed it.

Excellent effort all round.

Owngoal
17-08-2017, 10:03 AM
I didn't think it was possible to find ourselves with less quality in the GK department going into the new season than we had in the last campaign, but we've somehow managed it.

Excellent effort all round.

I said we needed three new keepers and we end up so far with none. Henn will never get some on his side and Jules at 25,000 a week should have another role at the club. Ditto Damo. This is the one thing SP needs to step away from just because he likes having certain people around the place.

jobiinthelastmi
17-08-2017, 12:07 PM
I said we needed three new keepers and we end up so far with none. Henn will never get some on his side and Jules at 25,000 a week should have another role at the club. Ditto Damo. This is the one thing SP needs to step away from just because he likes having certain people around the place.

You say that he should have another role at the club.

I am sure he would be quite prepared to play if picked. Not sure what else he can do, he is probably helping the younger keepers in training etc.

Delaney could also be used, he can't perform much worse than Dann at the moment.

Owngoal
17-08-2017, 12:52 PM
You say that he should have another role at the club.

I am sure he would be quite prepared to play if picked. Not sure what else he can do, he is probably helping the younger keepers in training etc.

Delaney could also be used, he can't perform much worse than Dann at the moment.

Delaney is one of my favourite players but is not (like Jules) of premiership quality anymore. Both is not character or ability but age. It is not a criticism of either but of SP interfering in picking the 25. Jules would be a great role model to younger players and Delaney has expertise in fitness from his 'iron man' activities. However, if we don't want to be struggling both need younger replacements. Dann played well with the exception of the mix up with Jules in the friendlies - assuming Saturday was a general meltdown by the defence and not just Dann. Surely he can recover his form that had other clubs trying to lure him away?

None of the keepers being suggested seems to be getting a unanimous 'yes' on here which is worrying. Young Woodman for a number 3 would be sensible but we need someone who can do what FDB wants without panicking the players in front of them and like on Saturday, putting the keeper under pressure by insane back passing. I wait with anticipation for the latest coronation of a No 1 keeper.

Martin H
17-08-2017, 06:43 PM
I can't rationalise this at all but I just have this feeling that Skorupski is a better bet than Zoet. Can't remember what it is that made me think that but I think it was probably the highlights vids. I wish there was a lowlights version. Tells you so much more.

exiledeagle
17-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Probably because of this from an article

Zoet, a Dutch international with two Eredivisie titles on his belt, has been heavily linked with a move away from the Phillips Stadium this summer despite being viewed as somewhat error-prone in his homeland

Martin H
17-08-2017, 06:54 PM

Zoet, a Dutch international with two Eredivisie titles on his belt, has been heavily linked with a move away from the Phillips Stadium this summer despite being viewed as somewhat error-prone in his homeland

Ahhhhh, that would do it I guess.

thereichstuff
17-08-2017, 06:59 PM

That's alright , he's only error prone in holland :p

exiledeagle
17-08-2017, 07:17 PM
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=skorupski+roma+video&view=detail&mid=CB075555817F1DF7B828CB075555817F1DF7B828&FORM=VIRE

6ft 1 I believe

Latvian Eagle
17-08-2017, 07:44 PM
I'd take error prone as long as he actually makes saves. At the moment we have a keeper who ****s up and can't save any shots.

exiledeagle
17-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I'd take error prone as long as he actually makes saves. At the moment we have a keeper who ****s up and can't save any shots.

Zoet is the one who apparently is error prone

jobiinthelastmi
17-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Delaney is one of my favourite players but is not (like Jules) of premiership quality anymore. Both is not character or ability but age. It is not a criticism of either but of SP interfering in picking the 25. Jules would be a great role model to younger players and Delaney has expertise in fitness from his 'iron man' activities. However, if we don't want to be struggling both need younger replacements. Dann played well with the exception of the mix up with Jules in the friendlies - assuming Saturday was a general meltdown by the defence and not just Dann. Surely he can recover his form that had other clubs trying to lure him away?

None of the keepers being suggested seems to be getting a unanimous 'yes' on here which is worrying. Young Woodman for a number 3 would be sensible but we need someone who can do what FDB wants without panicking the players in front of them and like on Saturday, putting the keeper under pressure by insane back passing. I wait with anticipation for the latest coronation of a No 1 keeper.

We keep saying "typical palace" when we don't sign players that we need. But realistically this is not what you would expect being in the premier league for this amount of time.

How we are left with 1 senior striker, and no new keeper is really piss poor. Yes, we have a bit of time left but it's all a rush now. These games we will probably waste are not free games.

We've kept the championship mentality, buy playing every season since we have been in this league as our first back up (transfer wise). Needs to change.

Latvian Eagle
17-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Zoet is the one who apparently is error prone

Yes that is who I meant.

DARZET EAGLE
17-08-2017, 10:07 PM
He looks very agile on the video with good positional sense, commands the box well and is a decent shot stopper. Good age, good price what's not to like.

JHJ EAGLE
17-08-2017, 10:52 PM
I know people are moaning about another loan, but given this one would apparently have a view to buy I don't see it as an issue. I just wish we had the same option with Loftus-Cheek and Fosu-Mensah!

Don't we?

Owngoal
17-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Don't we?

No. Both with us to improve before going back to their clubs

Martin H
17-08-2017, 11:38 PM

And in the meantime we have 2 players that we could neither afford nor attract with the outside chance of attracting them if they did decide to leave their respective motherships. The latter as likely as a lottery win at this point.

Kidofwonder
18-08-2017, 01:58 AM
you can teach a keeper to command their area better, you can't teach shot stopping.

FMH57
18-08-2017, 06:17 AM

It will be interesting to see how they perform in a relegation dog fight in the depth of winter knowing they have the security of returning next season to the comfort of their 60k a week contracts no matter what happens.

BBK
18-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Serie A fans love him. Would be a great signing either loan or transfer.

Latvian Eagle
18-08-2017, 08:15 AM
The more I see the more I like. Got such strong wrists and stands up big and strong in one on one's until he has to commit.

c0dtYkS6drY

Shame he won't be in to play tomorrow.

Sir.S.C Remembered
18-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Delaney is one of my favourite players but is not (like Jules) of premiership quality anymore. Both is not character or ability but age.

Interesting, because when an old player has a bad spell they are automatically past it and not good enough anymore. But when the player next to him does it is either just a bad spell, due to a poor manager who can't coach defences...

Now he may indeed be past it, but maybe under a solid coach like Pulis this would not be the case yet.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
18-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Interesting, because when an old player has a bad spell they are automatically past it and not good enough anymore. But when the player next to him does it is either just a bad spell, due to a poor manager who can't coach defences...

Now he may indeed be past it, but maybe under a solid coach like Pulis this would not be the case yet.
Surely how slow Delaney is now is obvious to see?

GreatGonzo
18-08-2017, 08:47 AM
The more I see the more I like. Got such strong wrists and stands up big and strong in one on one's until he has to commit.

Shame he won't be in to play tomorrow.

Hennessey would get dogs abuse on here for the spill against Napoli (i think) 1:30 in.

Not against the signing at all but just trying to view it fairly.

Latvian Eagle
18-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Hennessey would get dogs abuse on here for the spill against Napoli (i think) 1:30 in.

Not against the signing at all but just trying to view it fairly.

The difference is Skorupski was up trying to retrieve the ball. Hennessey would be stuck on the floor like an upside down tortoise. :moo:

Owngoal
18-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Very few outfield players have played in the Prem at the age Damo is now. Puncheon far younger and has been off his best form for more or less two seasons. Dann had a mare of a season and was showing signs of being back on form up untl last match. Even Jimmy had a poor long patch linked to injury and fitness. We clearly need cover almost everywhere except left WB/FB and really urgently for the keeper. Is this guy good enough to be first choice?

Owngoal
18-08-2017, 10:09 AM
The difference is Skorupski was up trying to retrieve the ball. Hennessey would be stuck on the floor like an upside down tortoise. :moo:

Sensible post from a top guy and supporter as usual:rolleyes:

Crunchie
18-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Are Roma definitely want to sell, or willing to loan out?

GrayP41ace
18-08-2017, 01:12 PM
I can't help but read his name and think of the Impractical Jokers scene with the mashed potato, 'Skorupski Potato'

Just me?

Martin H
18-08-2017, 01:34 PM
I can't help but read his name and think of the Impractical Jokers scene with the mashed potato, 'Skorupski Potato'

Just me?

Is that a tumbleweed over there. Very lonely out there I bet .........

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

GrayP41ace
18-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Anyone got a spare coat, mine isn't warm enough :(

Martin H
18-08-2017, 01:45 PM
'then they smash them all to bits.'

Joooe
18-08-2017, 02:04 PM

Just me?http://68.media.tumblr.com/4f52ffe819d5babb16453a51466e78a2/tumblr_mz5g8gpHZa1qehu0oo6_250.gif

PauLo
18-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Now that's all I can see and hear :D

GrayP41ace
18-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Now that's all I can see and hear :D

It's all I can too, stuck in my head now!! :D

GrayP41ace
18-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Not so lonely now :lux::lux::D

GreatGonzo
18-08-2017, 09:39 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40978015

red&blue_moomin
18-08-2017, 10:14 PM

Very true

Ridcully
18-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Sensible post from a top guy and supporter as usual:rolleyes:

Called it 100% correct tho

Crunchie
18-08-2017, 11:00 PM

Thanks GG. Very interesting.

Latvian Eagle
18-08-2017, 11:10 PM

Depends on the goalkeeper really. I think I am quote adept with my feet for example but never felt as comfortable in a proper match situation than I was in training or a knock around. Different kinds of pressure I guess.

Sir.S.C Remembered
19-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Surely how slow Delaney is now is obvious to see?

He was always slow. Loads of CBs are.

I just think that everyone of our defenders could be said to be past it based on performances over much of the last 18 months, given the poor management they were under for large spells of it.

Very few outfield players have played in the Prem at the age Damo is now. Puncheon far younger and has been off his best form for more or less two seasons. Dann had a mare of a season and was showing signs of being back on form up untl last match. Even Jimmy had a poor long patch linked to injury and fitness. We clearly need cover almost everywhere except left WB/FB and really urgently for the keeper. Is this guy good enough to be first choice?

Which guy good enough for first choice? Damo? He's about 5th choice! For a team not in Europe etc.

Cover almost everywhere? How are they all going to fit into the 25 man squad? How are they going to be affordable in this market or any better than the other journeymen cover we have had who turned out not to be good enough when not the main man?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
19-08-2017, 08:23 PM
He was always slow. Loads of CBs are.

I just think that everyone of our defenders could be said to be past it based on performances over much of the last 18 months, given the poor management they were under for large spells of it.

Which guy good enough for first choice? Damo? He's about 5th choice! For a team not in Europe etc.

Cover almost everywhere? How are they all going to fit into the 25 man squad? How are they going to be affordable in this market or any better than the other journeymen cover we have had who turned out not to be good enough when not the main man?

He has still slowed.

mikeywm3
22-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Mentioned in this Fifield article:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/22/crystal-palace-bid-rb-leipzig-oliver-burke?CMP=share_btn_tw

Nostrils
22-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Mentioned in this Fifield article:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/22/crystal-palace-bid-rb-leipzig-oliver-burke?CMP=share_btn_tw

Burnley after Kelly... Would be good for him and us. Good luck if so.

croydonexile
23-08-2017, 08:53 PM

Syph1979
23-08-2017, 08:53 PM
?

St.AlbansEagle
23-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Please be news!!!

Sp1Eagle
23-08-2017, 09:09 PM

http://images.clipartpanda.com/point-clipart-70402_262_rg-160_s_md.gif

Nostrils
23-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Who knew a full stop could be this exciting?

Terrace Bickle
23-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Did he just post on the incorrect thread?

CharlieCPFC
30-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Apparently he turned down Brighton. Surely that's even more reason to sign him.

Martin H
30-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Couldn't remember his name but this is the guy I have been hoping for as a loan to buy.

Far East Eagle
31-08-2017, 04:35 PM
is this deal still alive?

PauLo
31-08-2017, 04:37 PM
**** sake, don't bump threads unless you have news. Especially GK threads!

xian1
31-08-2017, 04:37 PM

Yes it is, the keeper wants to be the No 1 at a club, he is no 2 at Roma and Juve also want him as backup so he is not keen on those clubs.

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 04:39 PM
**** sake, don't bump threads unless you have news. Especially GK threads!

Agreed

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Yes it is, the keeper wants to be the No 1 at a club, he is no 2 at Roma and Juve also want him as backup so he is not keen on those clubs.

How do you know?

Shoreditch CPFC
31-08-2017, 04:40 PM

Yes, everyone but you knows all about it its just not been posted anywhere...