PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

aj4england
16-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Signed by Warnock for Cardiff and has started the season on fire. All the right attributes to move up leagues even with his age (25).

The type of player that we could do worse than buying on the relative cheap and loaning back if required. If he was to score 10/15 goals he would soon become a 8/10m player.

Nigelbrag
16-08-2017, 10:17 AM
I believe he was signed on a FREE from a lower division club this summer, which might be saying something? don't you think we should be aiming higher afterall we Are a premiership club.

laboxers
16-08-2017, 10:45 AM
He looked really good for Peterborough against us a few years back. Thought he had all the right attributes, but something seems to have gone wrong somewhere for him to have gone to Rochdale and now Cardiff. Maybe a late blossomer like Yannick?

aj4england
19-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Scored again today

Malarkey
19-08-2017, 09:58 PM
No thanks...

orp pisshead1
20-08-2017, 01:15 AM
He looked really good for Peterborough against us a few years back. Thought he had all the right attributes, but something seems to have gone wrong somewhere for him to have gone to Rochdale and now Cardiff. Maybe a late blossomer like Yannick?

Had issues off the pitch which i think he's sorted out and realised to be a pro footballer you have to dedicated.

MasterYoda
21-08-2017, 06:05 AM
I'd sign him just to take him off Cardiff. Them going up and us down would be like Brighton going up and us down last season for most on here

cpfc4evandeva
21-08-2017, 06:16 AM
I'd sign him just to take him off Cardiff. Them going up and us down would be like Brighton going up and us down last season for most on here

What?

Lombardo's hair
21-08-2017, 06:48 AM
I believe he was signed on a FREE from a lower division club this summer, which might be saying something? don't you think we should be aiming higher afterall we Are a premiership club.

Remind me where vardy was a few years ago? Oh and Ian Wright before we signed him? Just because a player costs millions does not mean he will be anything special. If the player has ability I don't care what league he was in.

Nigelbrag
21-08-2017, 07:31 AM
Remind me where vardy was a few years ago? Oh and Ian Wright before we signed him? Just because a player costs millions does not mean he will be anything special. If the player has ability I don't care what league he was in.

Firstly don't even attempt to compare Mendez-Lang to either of those Two as there is just no comparison, heard of chalk and cheese! I remember when Wright joining and seeing him develop, saying after just a few games that he was destined for the highest level as he had that extra special class in what he did, not just scoring goals.
Then as you rightly say they came from non league, but their hidden quality meant they were able to adapt easily to league football, whereby Mendez-Lang had been around the circuit and struggled in the past couple of seasons as proven when released only this summer from a Div1 team.
Surely that says something, apart from having a very good start this season(only 4 games remember) in a lower division is that reason to suggest he is good enough to fulfil Palace's needs in the Premiership. We tried that (lower league experiment before)with Anderson and Ladappo, also remember Lambert probably the most deadly lower league striker for yonks struggled when stepping up.
I am not saying he is not a capable striker at his level, but at a different level is a whole new ballgame, and is NOT what Palace should be pursuing as a Premiership club as we need to set our sights a lot higher if we are to succeed.

orp pisshead1
21-08-2017, 07:45 AM
What?

Look at his location ;) then re read what he said :D:p

aj4england
22-08-2017, 10:50 AM

The 'we are a big club' brigade are out. Its about being shrewd in the transfer market. Prices for inform players are massively over-inflated and if he keeps scoring until Jan someone will buy him, regardless of where he has come from. Taking a punt with 500k for someone like Mendez Laing with a loan back option is a few months of Sako's wages, something which we see pretty much no return from. Mendez-Laing however we could see a return from.

Nigelbrag
22-08-2017, 12:28 PM
The 'we are a big club' brigade are out. Its about being shrewd in the transfer market. Prices for inform players are massively over-inflated and if he keeps scoring until Jan someone will buy him, regardless of where he has come from. Taking a punt with 500k for someone like Mendez Laing with a loan back option is a few months of Sako's wages, something which we see pretty much no return from. Mendez-Laing however we could see a return from.

I am not for a moment suggesting we are a big club, but we are a premiership one which does give us financial advantage to others. You are right when to talk of inflated prices, but in all honesty do you see Cardiff considering your supposed value of 500k? or accept we just get laughed out of the room.
Remember they dismissed an offer of 11m out of hand for their other striker Zakora or something like that, and are flying high currently so would have no intention of selling, unless for something silly like 5/6m.
As i said he could well be decent but not for Palace imo, and please don't mention a guy called Sako, who is he? does he play football? or simply gets weekly benefits of 60k p.w, any vacancy's ;)