PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Transfer deadline..

PeterH
16-08-2017, 03:48 PM
When does the window slam shut? And I take it we have the maximum permitted loans.

alfiejay
16-08-2017, 03:58 PM
It shuts when the last person has left the building & turned off the lights...in our case some time ago by the looks of it.

Jim Cannon
16-08-2017, 04:03 PM
It can't shut without Jim White's permission.
We could still have 1 overseas loan I believe

elgin eagle
16-08-2017, 04:07 PM
We could still have 1 overseas loan I believe

More than 1 I think Jim. Window shuts in 2 weeks so if we are going to do anything to help 3-4-3 work for FdB, we are leaving it very late in terms of sales to give him money for purchases that fit his system.

AJ
16-08-2017, 04:27 PM
It shuts when the last person has left the building & turned off the lights...in our case some time ago by the looks of it.
Yep. It shuts 5 minutes before our first transfer bid!

RAB
16-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Not so long Steve Parish felt Palace fans should be more ambitious and to shake off looking down, second class attitude. That the Club's ambition was to compete with West Ham and Everton. This was when Pardew was in his managerial pomp with us and as a contender for the England job. Palace's American investment meant fans could look forward to European competition rather than relegation battles.

Nearly two years on, it does seem we are still far off from that aspiration however well intended as Everton look likely to get Sigurdsson for a reported 45m.

I was sceptical we would get a player like Benteke a year ago but we did, although listening to Pardew on Sky recently it sounded touch and go.

Maybe Steve Parish has something to cheer us all before the window shuts.

CaterhamEagle
16-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Not so long Steve Parish felt Palace fans should be more ambitious and to shake off looking down, second class attitude. That the Club's ambition was to compete with West Ham and Everton. This was when Pardew was in his managerial pomp with us and as a contender for the England job. Palace's American investment meant fans could look forward to European competition rather than relegation battles.

Nearly two years on, it does seem we are still far off from that aspiration however well intended as Everton look likely to get Sigurdsson for a reported 45m.

I was sceptical we would get a player like Benteke a year ago but we did, although listening to Pardew on Sky recently it sounded touch and go.

We are above West Ham tbf

Bryan
16-08-2017, 04:55 PM

What point are trying to make?

PeterH
16-08-2017, 06:13 PM
I think he's saying we might be treated to a 'marque' signing. One that shuts us the feck up.

rambo1
16-08-2017, 06:41 PM
I think he's saying we might be treated to a 'marque' signing. One that shuts us the feck up.

Absolutely.
Though the 25 Man Squad Rule & the Loan window to the Football League having being Stopped,after the Transfer window Closes.Meaning all ins & outs Need to be Completed During window.
Think we'll Sign Mamadou Sakho,at a Reduced Fee,a Striker,Goal-Keeper &,Possibly,a Right Wing-Back.

AJ
16-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Which is the last thing we need. Get 2 solid players for the samem

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 06:59 PM
We need

a goalkeeper - zoet?
A centre back - sakho/chambers/wimmer?
At least 1 striker - no idea!

cpfcfan1
16-08-2017, 07:06 PM
We need

a goalkeeper - zoet?
A centre back - sakho/chambers/wimmer?
At least 1 striker - no idea!

We'll get jack shit

TWELLSEagle
16-08-2017, 07:23 PM
This is so tedious. Board need to pull a few big signings out of the hat to turn the mood around. Not much to be hopeful about is there? I'm struggling

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 07:47 PM
We'll get jack shit

Whilst I'm with you on the pessimism... I can't see SP not spending.. it would all but mean a relegation scrap at best.

rhiannapaul
16-08-2017, 07:52 PM
all the below players mentioned on this site are average cant we just introduce some English players from our acedemy

Thefunkymonk
16-08-2017, 07:54 PM
all the below players mentioned on this site are average cant we just introduce some English players from our acedemy

No because they are below average

in-exile
16-08-2017, 08:02 PM
The fan mood on Saturday turned ugly very quickly towards the team and style of play.... I think we need signings or this manager won't be giving very long by the fanbase... Quite shocking what an angry Bunch we are!
He needs backing by us fans and the owners to have any chance!

palacelad197o
16-08-2017, 08:10 PM
shef weds and leeds net spend is more than us at this current moment

scissors10
16-08-2017, 08:11 PM
We'll get jack shit
is he a forward or a defender

in-exile
16-08-2017, 08:19 PM
shef weds and leeds net spend is more than us at this current momentAll the time Barry Bannan can get into their team we are always going to beat them...if we meet them.

PeterH
16-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Which is the last thing we need. Get 2 solid players for the samem

Or three.

PeterH
16-08-2017, 08:47 PM
All the time Barry Bannan can get into their team we are always going to beat them...if we meet them.

Like Huddersfield.

Spindle
16-08-2017, 09:37 PM
shef weds and leeds net spend is more than us at this current moment

This would be the 'perennial debt' Leeds and 'perennial Championship' Sheff W?

Chillo
16-08-2017, 10:05 PM

FACT

Also, unless he wears his yellow tie on deadline day, the window never closes (and we live in a never-ending loop of speculation about Sakho) :clown:

FACT :p

Madden
17-08-2017, 11:51 AM
When Steve Parish spoke to fans in Hong Kong he said that he was working on some transfers that "would excite, not by just the signing but by their performance on the pitch".
I took this to mean attack or midfield players, hopefully he can still get these done?

Madden
17-08-2017, 11:51 AM
When Steve Parish spoke to fans in Hong Kong he said that he was working on some transfers that "would excite, not by just the signing but by their performance on the pitch".
I took this to mean attack or midfield players, hopefully he can still get these done?

Ooh Betty
17-08-2017, 11:59 AM

Pants on fire.

sydnsteve
17-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Absolutely.
Though the 25 Man Squad Rule & the Loan window to the Football League having being Stopped,after the Transfer window Closes.Meaning all ins & outs Need to be Completed During window.
Think we'll Sign Mamadou Sakho,at a Reduced Fee,a Striker,Goal-Keeper &,Possibly,a Right Wing-Back.

And a squadron of flying pigs. I'd put your money on good old Jack Schitte if I was you.

Joe1905
17-08-2017, 12:14 PM
We'll get jack shit

What position does he play

sydnsteve
17-08-2017, 12:17 PM
This would be the 'perennial debt' Leeds and 'perennial Championship' Sheff W?

That would be the Leeds that were champions and the Sheff Weds who were in the top division for some time?

sydnsteve
17-08-2017, 12:18 PM
All the time Barry Bannan can get into their team we are always going to beat them...if we meet them.

He'd get in ours ATM TBF

Martin H
17-08-2017, 12:32 PM

Right now I would be pretty excited to have 11 Premier quality/ready players on the pitch every week for the whole season. Lots to do.

Malarkey
17-08-2017, 12:49 PM
When does the window slam shut? And I take it we have the maximum permitted loans.

Our window closed after we made our latest signing.

DARZET EAGLE
17-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Our window closed after we made our latest signing.

In the know or just rubbish.

New LP
17-08-2017, 04:47 PM
We are above West Ham tbf

I think he meant more in the general context of things and not after one game each against completely incomparable opposition.

Thefunkymonk
17-08-2017, 08:44 PM
My updated prediction -

GK - Skorupski (loan)
CB - chambers (16m) or sakho (25m)
Winger - Burke (16m)
Striker - no idea still.. but a foreign loan I reckon

Pete79
17-08-2017, 09:43 PM
We'll bring in a couple more players. I imagine these will include a keeper, forward and maybe a CB.

Alot of clubs make transfers in the last few days of the window probably due to the domino effect of each club buying and selling, a bit like a housing chain. We've already made three deals, have undoubtedly had a few fall through and tend to make some deals late on in each window.

The fact is we're a small PL team carrying a relatively high wage bill and some players who are no longer up to it. There's likely some money to spend but it will need to be spent carefully.

Our transfer activity has significantly contributed to our record stay in the Premier league and our squad has probably never been stronger. If FdB kept to the 4-5-1 we would look strong in all positions except back up forward and starting GK. In fact the club has generally been weak on loan signings, with the exception of Chamakh, Zaha and Sakho, but Mensah and RLC made very promising debut's. I really don't think the squad is the problem.

McpfcS
17-08-2017, 09:56 PM
My updated prediction -

GK - Skorupski (loan)
CB - chambers (16m) or sakho (25m)
Winger - Burke (16m)
Striker - no idea still.. but a foreign loan I reckon

RWB?

Thefunkymonk
17-08-2017, 10:00 PM
RWB?

TFM

Martin H
17-08-2017, 10:44 PM
TFM

Unless we buy 2 more CBs I reckon TFM will stay at RCB won't he?

Twilko
18-08-2017, 04:18 AM
Our transfer activity has significantly contributed to our record stay in the Premier league and our squad has probably never been stronger. If FdB kept to the 4-5-1 we would look strong in all positions except back up forward and starting GK. In fact the club has generally been weak on loan signings, with the exception of Chamakh, Zaha and Sakho, but Mensah and RLC made very promising debut's. I really don't think the squad is the problem.

Chamakh wasn't a loan. </pedantry>