PDA

View Full Version : Carabao Cup 3rd Round Draw, 04.15 (!!!!) Thursday 24th August - home to Huddersfield

Dorking .Eagle
23-08-2017, 05:52 AM
Draw to take place in Beijing, China at 04.15 :eek:

Who's it gonna be?

Crystal Palace

Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Liverpool
Man City
Man United
Everton
WBA
Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Br*ghton
Burton Albion
Sunderland
Doncaster
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Leeds
Middlesbrough
Swansea
Norwich
Brentford
Leicester
Bolton
Reading
Blackburn or Burnley
Cheltenham or West Ham
Huddersfield or Rotherham
Newcastle or Nottm Forest
Southampton or Wolves
Stoke or Rochdale
Barnsley or Derby

Worksop Palace
23-08-2017, 05:56 AM
Brilliant

Will stick the radio on when I'm on the way to the airport for mi holidays :lux:

CharlieCPFC
23-08-2017, 05:57 AM
I leave work at just after 4 so I personally think this is a great idea :D

Brentford away would be good.

jjeagle
23-08-2017, 06:08 AM
When will these games be played?

East-End Eagle
23-08-2017, 06:30 AM
When will these games be played?

3am in bejing

gold76
23-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Brighton please!

SilentAssassin
23-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Want Burton Albion away but we will get Sunderland at home.

Worksop Palace
23-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Any local team to me will do. Been waiting for a low level game to take my youngest to, to see if she likes it before a league game. Rotherham please

BERT'S HEAD
23-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Burton/Derby/Cheltenham away in that order.

PhuketEagle
23-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Want Doncaster @ home but we always get Soton, Reading or Man City don't we?

Dorking .Eagle
23-08-2017, 08:03 AM
...........but we always get Soton......

LOL

Palace_Akie
23-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Want Doncaster @ home but we always get Soton, Reading or Man City don't we?

Southampton or Man City away is the smart money for sure.

I'm hoping Rotherham go through and we get them.

FourtyTwo
23-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Winner of Huddersfield v Rotherham away, or Leeds away.

I'm a selfish man ;)

orp pisshead1
23-08-2017, 08:54 AM
I leave work at just after 4 so I personally think this is a great idea :D

Brentford away would be good.

I'm normally on a tea break around then:D
But it's a ******* disgrace the FL have also sold its soul :jerkit::jerkit:

Great shout Brentford away

CharlieCPFC
23-08-2017, 09:00 AM

I agree it's a sad sign of the way the games going.

Kirby
23-08-2017, 09:04 AM
If it's Southampton someone needs investigating.

Got a sneaky feeling it's going to be Brighton though.

oddrod
23-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Berton away would be wonderful.

Wolfnipplechips
23-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Brilliant

Will stick the radio on when I'm on the way to the airport for mi holidays :lux:

All round to Worksop's for the week then. See if he's got any good stuff.:hi:

What's Worksop like at this time of year anyway......?

WorthingEagle
23-08-2017, 09:11 AM

The silly thing is, if you can find more than 12 Chinese people who give a toss about the League Cup Third Round Draw I'll be amazed.

Chris K
23-08-2017, 09:12 AM
The lowest placed side at home please

Worksop Palace
23-08-2017, 09:14 AM

It's exactly the same this time of year as it is any other time.

Shit.

Johnnieboy
23-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Dear Mr Worksop

I represent your local tourism authority, would you like a job?

Worksop Palace
23-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Dear Mr Worksop

I represent your local tourism authority, would you like a job?

No. **** off

;)

elgin eagle
23-08-2017, 09:22 AM

Popester is your Worksop expert. Wrote a travel book on the place I think.

Jim Cannon
23-08-2017, 09:25 AM
We will Man U at home

Worksop Palace
23-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Popester is your Worksop expert. Wrote a travel book on the place I think.

:supergrin:

Couldn't believe I wasn't in it

Chillo
23-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Brilliant

No you wont:-

An EFL spokesman said: "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week's round three draw, but in staging in this way it will give the competition both the maximum exposure in the UK, Chinese and South East Asian markets.

"This is not only an important factor for the EFL but also our new sponsors Carabao, who, like ourselves, plan to use the growing global appeal of the competition to reach new audiences."

There will be no live coverage anywhere of the draw - on television or online - but details will be released on social media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40998964

elgin eagle
23-08-2017, 09:29 AM
:supergrin:

Couldn't believe I wasn't in it

Why would you be? ;)

orp pisshead1
23-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Agree mate all about the £ no one gives a **** about the fans anymore.

Chillo
23-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Why would you be? ;)

Cultural highlight?

orp pisshead1
23-08-2017, 09:35 AM

An EFL spokesman said: "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week's round three draw, but in staging in this way it will give the competition both the maximum exposure in the UK, Chinese and South East Asian markets.

"This is not only an important factor for the EFL but also our new sponsors Carabao, who, like ourselves, plan to use the growing global appeal of the competition to reach new audiences."

There will be no live coverage anywhere of the draw - on television or online - but details will be released on social media.

C * N T S

Maximum exposure in uk at 04.15 ? Ok..... C * N T S

Kirby
23-08-2017, 09:39 AM

Not sure this will catch on to be honest.

N Herts Eagle
23-08-2017, 09:40 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40998964 So its taking place in China but there is no live coverage anywhere including China and the draw will be released on the Internet.....Can I just ask how this increases exposure of the competition abroad.....????

oddrod
23-08-2017, 09:43 AM
1115am on a Friday morning in China all because a Thai energy drink are sponsoring it with no live coverage of the draw. Am sure the locals are keenly awaiting this huge event.

Even more farcical than the last 2 draws this.

oddrod
23-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Final will be played in Hong Kong in 2019.

FourtyTwo
23-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Exactly - very confused how an event with no coverage can get any exposure.

The only exposure over here is going to be negative, for putting it on at such a stupid time, and for not actually showing it anywhere.

Muppets!

elgin eagle
23-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Cultural highlight?

From the book:
'Here is a picture of the famous Worksop lawns. Not sure who lives here but it certainly isn't Worksop Palace'.

Levski
23-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Final will be played in Hong Kong in 2019.

I'm not sure if you are being serious. Something tells me this might actually be true...

Palace_Akie
23-08-2017, 09:57 AM

Is this because they f***** up the first round and don't want to be embarrassed again?

WorthingEagle
23-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Is this because they f***** up the first round and don't want to be embarrassed again?

I think it's so they can sneak Shanghai P.I.G.S, Guangzhou Katniss Everdeen and Dalian Atkinson into the draw.

JAS78
23-08-2017, 10:24 AM
So its taking place in China but there is no live coverage anywhere including China and the draw will be released on the Internet.....Can I just ask how this increases exposure of the competition abroad.....????

Something about this smells dodgy, all the secrecy is pointing towards a fix

No idea why a sponsor is pulling all the strings with the draw, FA cronies must have pocketed a few quid.

What next FA cup 3rd round drawn in Qatar?

Kirby
23-08-2017, 11:08 AM
We've got an Asian sponsor so maybe we'll get a decent draw.

RobertCPFC
23-08-2017, 11:18 AM

It was nice of them to arrange it to suit you.

Joking aside I do agree with you about selling there soul. But if you are going to do the draw in Asia at least do it when most of the people interested will be awake.

Since the start of last season the FL have gone from one stupid idea to another on a regular basis.

pardew's shorts
23-08-2017, 11:27 AM
We've got an Asian sponsor

So have most of the Premier League.

First Trump doing the Rumbelows draw, now this.

Dorking .Eagle
23-08-2017, 11:33 AM
What next FA cup 3rd round drawn in Qatar?

It is sponsored by Emirates so sadly you never know.

Also very suspicious of the no coverage thing. At least being on Sky, you could see Salako drew a red ball and we were at home to Ipswich, rather than away as he first announced it. With no coverage it could be a complete fix. Man Utd at home to Burton anyone?

RobertCPFC
23-08-2017, 11:44 AM

Also very suspicious of the no coverage thing. At least being on Sky, you could see Salako drew a red ball and we were at home to Ipswich, rather than away as he first announced it. With no coverage it could be a complete fix. Man Utd at home to Burton anyone?

They should during the day put a video on the FL website and/or facebook and twitter to confirm it's genuine but for the Checkatrade Trophy they have been known to post the draw online with no coverage. I can't imagine Sky are too happy as normally they would be the ones showing it after tonight's live game.

Dorking .Eagle
23-08-2017, 11:51 AM
I wonder what allocation we'd get if we were drawn away at Tottenham? 9,000?

Not sure Spurs would need to open the top bit for most League Cup games at Wembley to be honest.

Vanessa
23-08-2017, 11:57 AM
They should during the day put a video on the FL website and/or facebook and twitter to confirm it's genuine but for the Checkatrade Trophy they have been known to post the draw online with no coverage. I can't imagine Sky are too happy as normally they would be the ones showing it after tonight's live game.

TalkSport were saying last night that the draw would be on their Extra Time program between 1 am and 6 am tonight. But they might just be announcing the draws as they occur.

Kirby
23-08-2017, 12:30 PM
So have most of the Premier League.

True. Brighton haven't though :supergrin:

eagles #1
23-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Brighton.

NorthPalace23
23-08-2017, 12:39 PM
The lowest placed side at home please

This!

RON GADD
23-08-2017, 12:42 PM
CARABOA LEAGUE CUP 3rd Round - Week Com 19th September 2017

Could be Tuesday wednesday or even Thursdaythat week depending on who we Draw.

PeterH
23-08-2017, 12:45 PM

How does this give it maximum exposure in the UK market? This is the quality of people who run parts of UK football.

Personally, I think they should scrap this cup. I don't see why the teams playing in Europe should get a bye from the second round - success breeds success. Why can't Man Utd et al play their kids like Ipswich did. They have so many more of them to choose from. It stinks.

JAS78
23-08-2017, 01:54 PM

tbh I think they'll want moan u in a 'glamour' tie to please Asian audiences

Stuck a few quid on them drawing Man C, Chelsea or Liverpool. See what happens

Mr Mojo Risin
23-08-2017, 02:11 PM

Well clearly Beijing is well known for its large number of Burton Albion fans and there are lots of Bristol Rovers fans in Phuket. I mean seriously that statement must be one of the most ludicrous pieces of business speak rubbish that I have ever read. Whatever next? Donald Trump to do the quarter final draw? Oh wait...

davech
23-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Well clearly Beijing is well known for its large number of Burton Albion fans and there are lots of Bristol Rovers fans in Phuket. I mean seriously that statement must be one of the most ludicrous pieces of business speak rubbish that I have ever read. Whatever next? Donald Trump to do the quarter final draw? Oh wait...

On a par with this.... ?

“Carabao is an energy drink that was inspired by the fighting spirit of an individual. It is more than a global energy drink, it is the empowerment to accomplish personal goals.

Carabao symbolizes the spirit of individuals who fight for the cause they believe in. Not by force, but with determination, hence the slogan: “ The Fighting Spirit of Carabao”

Mr Mojo Risin
23-08-2017, 03:57 PM
On a par with this.... ?

“Carabao is an energy drink that was inspired by the fighting spirit of an individual. It is more than a global energy drink, it is the empowerment to accomplish personal goals.

Carabao symbolizes the spirit of individuals who fight for the cause they believe in. Not by force, but with determination, hence the slogan: “ The Fighting Spirit of Carabao”

I'd love to know who runs their marketing department.

Kirby
23-08-2017, 04:27 PM
I don't see why the teams playing in Europe should get a bye from the second round - success breeds success. Why can't Man Utd et al play their kids like Ipswich did. They have so many more of them to choose from. It stinks.

I was thinking about this earlier. Why should the likes of Man Un*ted and Chelsea have the week off while all the lower half clubs have to fulfil a midweek fixture? It gives them a clear advantage at the weekend.

Thankfully Swansea played an even stronger team than we did, but I bet the likes of Bournemouth (who face Man City in the early kick-off) are pretty peeved.

PeterH
23-08-2017, 04:37 PM
I was thinking about this earlier. Why should the likes of Man Un*ted and Chelsea have the week off while all the lower half clubs have to fulfil a midweek fixture? It gives them a clear advantage at the weekend.

Thankfully Swansea played an even stronger team than we did, but I bet the likes of Bournemouth (who face Man City in the early kick-off) are pretty peeved.

Exactly, when these clubs stockpile youngsters and have 50 training pitches etc. etc.

Yoda
23-08-2017, 05:02 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if certain 'big' clubs have implied they don't want to bother with this cup, as it adds games to their already busy schedule.

So the organisers do whatever they can to keep them involved, because it's the biggest clubs that attract the largest audiences.

Yoda
23-08-2017, 05:06 PM

I guess it's because the clubs in Europe have other additional fixtures this month, though not specifically this week.

The organisers/sponsors wouldn't want to schedule the League Cup fixtures last week, because the matches would struggle to gain attention and viewers against the 'more glamorous' Euro fixtures.

strawberry mivi
23-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Finger-crossed that Forest beat Newcastle and then draw us at home.

Grim Reaper
23-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Any local team to me will do. Been waiting for a low level game to take my youngest to, to see if she likes it before a league game. Rotherham please

That'll do for me as well....for the same reason as you :p

in-exile
23-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Yeah don't worry about us poor southern folk traveling up to the wild North! ;)
Curry sauce on your chips and all that Bollocks!

Mad Raschic Ken
23-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Finger-crossed that Forest beat Newcastle and then draw us at home.

That would be great. I like going to Forest.

knowlesyUCLA
23-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Currently tucking into my second can of Carabao before following the draw on their Twitter feed. Only 5 hours to go.

CPFC since 1989
23-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Tottenham away. 25,000 with £5 tickets.

Yoda
23-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Yeah don't worry about us poor southern folk traveling up to the wild North! ;)
Curry sauce on your chips and all that Bollocks!

Don't go beyond The Wall, Winter is Coming!

philsick
23-08-2017, 10:22 PM
it's gonna be man fooking city away isn't it

adrenalin john
23-08-2017, 10:29 PM
it's gonna be man fooking city away isn't it

Or Southampton

davech
23-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Or Southampton

Stuffed by Wolves!! But still plenty of nemeses to pick from :D

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 01:47 AM
An EFL Cup spokesperson said: "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week’s round-three draw

:D. Love an understatement.

PeterH
24-08-2017, 02:23 AM
We understand that most of you at EFL are a bunch of stupid twats.

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 02:58 AM
Wahey! I'm awake for the draw. Just like to take this moment to thank my 2 year old daughter whom without, this would not have been possible.

ChrissyN
24-08-2017, 03:00 AM
Over in the key markets of Asia this is literally all they've been talking about all week.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
24-08-2017, 03:06 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/sportingintel/status/900464493968470016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.telegraph.co.uk%2Ftpp-secure%2Fremote.html%3F1503095301111

WLYWLYAWYPWF
24-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Ball number 13. We are doomed.

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:17 AM
Wahey! I'm awake for the draw. Just like to take this moment to thank my 2 year old daughter whom without, this would not have been possible.

I haven't gone to bed yet. A first, I might see the draw before most of the BBS. LOL

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Isn't the draw on Sky Sports News? Ticker saying draw happening but gone 4:15 and nothing.

King William
24-08-2017, 03:24 AM
Isn't the draw on Sky Sports News? Ticker saying draw happening but gone 4:15 and nothing.

Awake, but can't be arsed to get up to see!

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Nothing on the BBC, knowing them they'll put the draw up on Saturday.

They still think there's one one fatality in Barcelona.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
24-08-2017, 03:32 AM

No TV coverage.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
24-08-2017, 03:33 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/carabao_cup?lang=en

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 03:43 AM
WBA v Man C

Phew

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 03:44 AM
Everton v Sunderland
Leicester v Liverpool
Man U v Burton

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 03:45 AM
Brentford v Norwich
Wolves v Bristol R
Burnley v Leeds
Arsenal v Doncaster
Bristol C v Stoke
Reading v Swansea
A Villa v Middlesbrough

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Avoided some biggies.

Lion
24-08-2017, 03:51 AM
Saints still not been drawn....

DaveP
24-08-2017, 03:52 AM
Anyone feel that we are gonna get Brighton?!

DaveP
24-08-2017, 03:53 AM

That's cos they are out!

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:53 AM

Knocked out.

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Spurs or Chelsea probably

Chunt
24-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Us and Brighton still in it!

james powell
24-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Man Utd Vs Burton !

G'waannn Burton

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:57 AM
Any better example of how the twats don't care about the fans that actually go to matches.

King William
24-08-2017, 03:58 AM
Anyone feel that we are gonna get Brighton?!

Yep I think so

PeterH
24-08-2017, 03:59 AM
Chelsea gone.

Twilko
24-08-2017, 03:59 AM
Chelsea vs Forest

BeaverWilly
24-08-2017, 04:02 AM
West Ham v Bolton

james powell
24-08-2017, 04:03 AM
Home to Huddersfield. Ffs.

DaveP
24-08-2017, 04:03 AM
Huddersfield at home

Chunt
24-08-2017, 04:04 AM
Ffs

ChrissyN
Huddersfield at home

bubbs11
That's cos they are out!

We'll still get them

WLYWLYAWYPWF
24-08-2017, 04:05 AM
What a ********ING pile of shit after all that.

bubbs11
Huddersfield at home

:supergrin: can see de Boer wincing when he sees that

DaveP
Revenge time for the opening day!

PeterH
24-08-2017, 04:07 AM
Let's see if the manager is capable of learning anything.

adamg409
24-08-2017, 04:10 AM
What a load of bollocks !!!!

PeterH
24-08-2017, 04:10 AM
Bedtime - 1.15am here.

Flappy Chicken
24-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Did you all stay up for that?!

mroakley9
24-08-2017, 04:14 AM
oh good

danpalace07
24-08-2017, 04:17 AM
Any chance the lads might turn up this time?

PeterH
24-08-2017, 04:20 AM
Any chance the lads might turn up this time?

Because the fans won't - 5 quid tickets SP compensation to loyal fans for the opening day.

danpalace07
24-08-2017, 04:20 AM

bingo

code
24-08-2017, 04:26 AM
Any chance we get a referee who can keep up with play this time, and stop them dirty northern cants nobling our best players. Please.....just saying!!!!

PeterH
24-08-2017, 04:26 AM
Man City and Liverpool both playing away though.

24-08-2017, 04:43 AM
Ffs

Duffle Coat
24-08-2017, 04:48 AM
Early shot at revenge. One way to look at that draw.

Louis
24-08-2017, 05:09 AM
Early shot at revenge. One way to look at that draw.
Will be very different line ups from both sides though

Dorking .Eagle
24-08-2017, 05:20 AM
bingo

cheers:cool:

Dorking .Eagle
24-08-2017, 05:28 AM
Barnsley or Derby's reward for lagging a round behind every other game is a trip to Wembley!

firesign
24-08-2017, 05:40 AM
Better than playing Huddersfield away

N Herts Eagle
24-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Better than playing Huddersfield away Might be for you, Huddersfield away would of been good for some of us......

in-exile
24-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Wilf's first game back then they kick him till a leg falls off!

bubbs11
24-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Any chance we get a referee who can keep up with play this time, and stop them dirty northern cants nobling our best players. Please.....just saying!!!!

Oh how I'd love our 1990 team to line up against them. Thorn, Young, Thomas, Gray, Madden and Mark Dennis would break them feckers in two.

AddoWolz
24-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Will be very different line ups from both sides though

Yep , thay will have signed even better player's by then .

Hector
24-08-2017, 07:16 AM
:supergrin: can see de Boer wincing when he sees that

Will he still be in charge:D

Palace_Akie
24-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Might be for you, Huddersfield away would of been good for some of us......

Yeah I'd have made the trip to Huddersfield if it was away.

silver
24-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Wahey! I'm awake for the draw. Just like to take this moment to thank my 2 year old daughter whom without, this would not have been possible..

:D

Stellavista
24-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Not such a bad draw.

the drexciyan
24-08-2017, 07:56 AM
How can you fck up a cup draw three times running?

People will start making associations to far eastern betting syndicates at this rate.

Nigelbrag
24-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Excellent draw, it gives us the chance to gain revenge and be fired up for the game, and hopefully show we have progressed since the opening day which we should have.
It genuinely gives us a chance to progress to the next round.

Kirby
24-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Excellent draw, it gives us the chance to gain revenge and be fired up for the game, and hopefully show we have progressed since the opening day which we should have.
It genuinely gives us a chance to progress to the next round.

This.

Or we'll lose 0-4.

mroakley9
24-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Might be for you, Huddersfield away would of been good for some of us......

have

Repo Man
24-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Might go as long as they don't charge more than £20 a ticket, finding it hard to get excited about this though.

davech
24-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Huddersfield at home

:moo2:

Weeds at Bournemouth. North Korea Chat will be in meltdown. How long before 'Tinpot' crops up? :D

Yoda
24-08-2017, 09:18 AM
All those people who moan on the BBS about not being able to obtain/afford tickets to see Palace in the Prem will be able to do so for a match like this one.

Funny how they tend to melt away when the opposition isn't glamorous enough for them though.

PALACEWU
24-08-2017, 09:21 AM
To be played...?

Vanessa
24-08-2017, 09:23 AM
To be played...?

Week beginning 18th September

Reg_Maudling
24-08-2017, 09:33 AM
pleased to get a home draw

our name is on the Carabao Cup 2018

Reg_Maudling
24-08-2017, 09:33 AM
just this time play a proper forward

AddiscombeEagle
24-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Decent enough draw. Decent chance of getting through and then a proper cup run is getting closer.

Big Gav
24-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Oh how I'd love our 1990 team to line up against them. Thorn, Young, Thomas, Gray, Madden and Mark Dennis would break them feckers in two.

That team took no prisoners. Loved them :lux:

Kirby
24-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Flights and accommodation booked for the final in Shanghai.

adrenalin john
24-08-2017, 10:46 AM
We could of course just play a reserve team with the express intent of injuring as many of their players as possible, even if we end up with lots of bookings and a couple of reds it will still have been a price worth paying

Purepalace
24-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Great! More injuries.

regal_eagle
24-08-2017, 11:12 AM
If only we could bring back Alan Lee, Claude Davis and Jedi's pointy elbow for one more fixture.

Vanessa
24-08-2017, 11:22 AM
If only we could bring back Alan Lee, Claude Davis and Jedi's pointy elbow for one more fixture.

Surely it was Alan Lee's pointy elbow, he injured Jedi's face when we played up there.

HRP
24-08-2017, 11:23 AM
We could of course just play a reserve team with the express intent of injuring as many of their players as possible, even if we end up with lots of bookings and a couple of reds it will still have been a price worth paying

They would find a way of deducting us points

firesign
24-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Unless they field a reserve team too :)

regal_eagle
24-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Surely it was Alan Lee's pointy elbow, he injured Jedi's face when we played up there.

I said what I meant, and I meant what I said ;)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/03/26401D4900000578-2977452-image-a-2_1425388698030.jpg

RobertCPFC
24-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Might go as long as they don't charge more than £20 a ticket, finding it hard to get excited about this though.

Hopefully it will be the same as it was on Tuesday.

RobertCPFC
24-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Happy with that draw as firstly it's an early chance to improve from the opening day and an opportunity for some other players to face a Premier League side and it's at home so most of us can go.

It won't get close to selling out but hopefully it can be a decent crowd. We won't get as many children as it's a school night but others who were on holiday may go instead.

regal_eagle
24-08-2017, 11:49 AM
After last weeks' debacle v Huddersfield, £5/£10 entry is enough of anyone's mounié.

NorthPalace23
24-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Glad we're at home.

Lets get early revenge on Huddersfield.

ANDYEAGLE
24-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Happy with that draw as firstly it's an early chance to improve from the opening day and an opportunity for some other players to face a Premier League side and it's at home so most of us can go.

It won't get close to selling out but hopefully it can be a decent crowd. We won't get as many children as it's a school night but others who were on holiday may go instead.

8-9k I reckon.

danpalace07
24-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Bournemouth levels of rotational fouling

Chillo
24-08-2017, 12:57 PM
I said what I meant, and I meant what I said ;)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/03/26401D4900000578-2977452-image-a-2_1425388698030.jpg

That's Wet Spam.

New LP
24-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Glad we're at home.

Lets get early revenge on Huddersfield.

We could beat them 10-0 in this game and it wouldnt be revenge.

PeterH
24-08-2017, 04:11 PM
It's a home tie against Huddersfield and the mental damage done from the first game of the season means that some are fearing the game.

orp pisshead1
25-08-2017, 06:10 AM
It was nice of them to arrange it to suit you.

Joking aside I do agree with you about selling there soul. But if you are going to do the draw in Asia at least do it when most of the people interested will be awake.

Since the start of last season the FL have gone from one stupid idea to another on a regular basis.

I missed it as remembered after I'm on hols this week :D( old age :wallbash:)
Why do the draw for AN ENGLISH CUP abroad ffs what a load of bollox. Asian sponsors and?

orp pisshead1
25-08-2017, 06:11 AM
It's a home tie against Huddersfield and the mental damage done from the first game of the season means that some are fearing the game.

Two different line ups tho:p