PDA

View Full Version : Watford (h) Tuesday 12th December 8pm - CATEGORY A

colin_cork
23-08-2017, 12:24 PM
I presume this midweek game wont be changed...Flights are 34 euro return ast the moment :)

Palace Bear
23-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Wouldn't count on it, it won't be decided until 12th October....

https://www.premierleague.com/news/419687

colin_cork
23-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Wouldn't count on it, it won't be decided until 12th October....

https://www.premierleague.com/news/419687

They'd hardly swap tuesday and wednesday games around though would they?

colin_cork
23-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Booked it anyway. At 34 euro return it's a steal and if it's cancelled I'll do some Xmas shopping. ��

bestperch
23-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Think it would only be moved to the Wednesday if Sky decide to make the home game with Bournemouth part of 'Super Sunday' which is unlikely.

Kirby
23-08-2017, 04:22 PM
I shall be watching this one from the Football Factory in New York.

bestperch
23-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Watford away to Burnley on Dec 9 so unlikely to be moved but then I thought that about our game there.

colin_cork
23-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Think it would only be moved to the Wednesday if Sky decide to make the home game with Bournemouth part of 'Super Sunday' which is unlikely.

Quick look at the fixtures there. Super Sunday will surely be the Merseyside and Manchester derbies. Soton vs arsenal is also down for the Sunday presumably because of Europa league on Thursday

Purepalace
23-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Bournemouth play Man u that night.

colin_cork
19-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Guess my flights are ok now

Enfield eagle
31-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Cant decide on this match or the beamback as a bday treat. Or a hooker.

mushroom
31-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Hooker.

Double bag.

pgw152
01-11-2017, 11:48 PM
I got on the €5 e/w DUB-LTN/STN deal last week.DUB-LTN-DUB for €10.cracking flight times too. 4pm out, 6:30am back. Just needed to take the Tuesday afternoon off. Got £1.95 e/w buses between LTN and VIC also. Mint. Sorry. Bragging over (stupid chuffed face smiley symbol)

tomlig
02-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Fark the hooker, go to the match

Enfield eagle
02-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Fark the hooker, go to the match

Sorted it. Take the pro to the match and order a half time hand job.
Got to maximise those Parish points!

tomlig
02-11-2017, 02:33 AM
Sorted it. Take the pro to the match and order a half time hand job.
Got to maximise those Parish points!

where do we wait to avail of this half time entertainment?

Great Lombardi
07-11-2017, 01:33 PM

I would go for the hooker!

It's a f**king category A game - I'm fuming.

First midweek game in ages but I just cannot afford 40 odd quid for a seat.

It's effing Watford not Arsenal or Chelsea... what a total joke. :wallbash:

sylvan eagle
07-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Ridiculous price was planning on going to this because I cannot make many weekend games

Enfield eagle
07-11-2017, 10:12 PM
I would go for the hooker!

It's a f**king category A game - I'm fuming.

First midweek game in ages but I just cannot afford 40 odd quid for a seat.

It's effing Watford not Arsenal or Chelsea... what a total joke. :wallbash:

Same here, 40 green queens isn't worth it.:sob:
Better value in the Brighton beam back and a hand shandy.:lux:

PeterH
07-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Club doesnt care for the fans. Watford fans will be paying 30 notes for this.

The whole CAT A, B nonsense needs to be scrapped. People go to watch the Palace not the fecking opposition. The definition of the system is to rip fans off for more money for the so called big games. Needless in the Premier, when it is always a full house.

Palace should be ashamed of themselves.

And the Trust and other groups should make it a priority to have the system scapped or overhauled.

PeterH
07-11-2017, 10:22 PM
It is against the spirit of the 30 quid away ticket accord. The club are doing worse by charging more casual Palace fans more money to make up for what they lost in away fan revenue. The Fand Federation should be contacted. It is a midweek game at that.

Who makes these decisions - is it Teflon?

Bottom of the table, with no strikers and poor goalies, and all that crap. Think of giving something back to the fans you keep lauding Palace.

30 quid tops, sorted. And people on the BBS say that some BBSers couldnt run the shambles better.

Gazza2
07-11-2017, 11:31 PM
When Browett still posted & I complained about Watford being Cat A in a previous season, he replied that all London derbies are Cat A. I don't think he replied when I said that Watford is in Hertfordshire and asked would Luton be classed as a London derby if they got into the Prem.
As well as the £30 cap on away ticket prices, prices should be discounted or capped for home fans on all games moved for live tv coverage, with season ticket holders receiving a £10 credit for that game which can be used against cost of season ticket for following season.

Staines Eagle
07-11-2017, 11:51 PM
When Browett still posted & I complained about Watford being Cat A in a previous season, he replied that all London derbies are Cat A. I don't think he replied when I said that Watford is in Hertfordshire and asked would Luton be classed as a London derby if they got into the Prem.

To be fair Watford and Palace (i.e. as a quoted London club) are similar sized clubs with a fairly similar history.

SuttonExile
08-11-2017, 08:30 AM
To be fair Watford and Palace (i.e. as a quoted London club) are similar sized clubs with a fairly similar history.

But Watford aren't a London club, therefore shouldn't be category A.

Size doesn't matter...we should never be paying 40 quid to watch Palace play Watford

Olympian2
08-11-2017, 12:24 PM
But Watford aren't a London club, therefore shouldn't be category A.

Size doesn't matter...we should never be paying 40 quid to watch Palace play Watford

This.

Palace are asking a non-ST fan to pay twice as much for Palace v Watford (WATFORD) as the FA are charging for England/Germany at Wembley this Friday.

And yeah, I get all the supply/demand arguments.

King William
08-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Club doesnt care for the fans. Watford fans will be paying 30 notes for this.

The whole CAT A, B nonsense needs to be scrapped. People go to watch the Palace not the fecking opposition. The definition of the system is to rip fans off for more money for the so called big games. Needless in the Premier, when it is always a full house.

Palace should be ashamed of themselves.

And the Trust and other groups should make it a priority to have the system scapped or overhauled.

the tourists will pay it.

eagle mart
08-11-2017, 12:26 PM
There is absolutely nothing category A about Watford.

Plus - their fans are only charged a set price. So I can only assume this is to make up the shortfall in away gate receipts. They probably won't even sell out...

Mad Raschic Ken
08-11-2017, 01:38 PM
This.

Palace are asking a non-ST fan to pay twice as much for Palace v Watford (WATFORD) as the FA are charging for England/Germany at Wembley this Friday.

And yeah, I get all the supply/demand arguments.

We are travel members, so get a discount, but England v Germany is £15 for me and £7.50 for my son. It's the same for all England games. The FA get plenty wrong, but not this.

£40 for Palace v Watford is out of order.

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Given we have what, 18k ST holders, that means there is 3k for away and only 5k for each game for casual attendance.

All 19 games @ £40 the club would make £3.8m
All 19 games @ £30 the club would make £2.9m

Given not all games are Cat A the money they are getting could in the grand scheme of things be pretty insignificant. Less than 1% of income.

Yoda
08-11-2017, 01:57 PM
I can’t get exercised about this old argument about home fans paying more than away fans for a ticket....there must be many occasions when the Palace away fans are paying less than the Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester who are sitting in the blocks next door to them. There were always going to be inconsistencies when introducing a price cap.

However, I do agree that Watford shouldn’t be a category A match, especially for a midweek fixture.

wrightchipvcfc
09-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Do well to get 25 000 for this maybe club confident enough tourist in London for christmas to help sell out

Benzhiyi
10-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Worth noting that while we're using the Watford fixture to once more milk fans and tourists alike for every possible penny, our rivals down the road have categorised their fixture against us – essentially their cup final, for which they could easily fill the Amex, Goldstone and Gillingham shitheap combined – as Grade B.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/home

This is what happens when you legitimately grade fixtures on opposition club size, rather than tenuous reasons to suck your fanbase dry.

TheMexicanHorse
10-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Worth noting that while we're using the Watford fixture to once more milk fans and tourists alike for every possible penny, our rivals down the road have categorised their fixture against us – essentially their cup final, for which they could easily fill the Amex, Goldstone and Gillingham shitheap combined – as Grade B.

This is what happens when you legitimately grade fixtures on opposition club size, rather than tenuous reasons to suck your fanbase dry.

Be greatful you have a club etc

It actually winds me up that Brighton are now everything we should stand for.

HurstpierPalace
10-11-2017, 01:22 PM

I wouldn't go that far but at least they seem to be able to keep hold of a decent manager.

ardeo
10-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Barnet charge £25 a home game in league 2 just for comparison...

sylvan eagle
10-11-2017, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't go that far but at least they seem to be able to keep hold of a decent manager.

We just sack ours

whereEaglesFly
10-11-2017, 04:48 PM

They was losing 10 Million odd a year in the Championship, such a well run club

Payney
10-11-2017, 05:01 PM
They was losing 10 Million odd a year in the Championship, such a well run club

Nearer £40m lost in the promotion season by all accounts.

orp pisshead1
10-11-2017, 07:49 PM
I got on the €5 e/w DUB-LTN/STN deal last week.DUB-LTN-DUB for €10.cracking flight times too. 4pm out, 6:30am back. Just needed to take the Tuesday afternoon off. Got £1.95 e/w buses between LTN and VIC also. Mint. Sorry. Bragging over (stupid chuffed face smiley symbol)

Don’t apologise you and Colin’s dedication/loyalty is admirable and :p

Nth Kent Eagle
10-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Bananas pricing. Shows total contempt for fans. Whoever makes these decisions obviously has no concern for supporters and just wants to milk the fans. Now there is no effective communication between the club and fans we will never know who made the decision.

Dave
10-11-2017, 08:32 PM

This is fair

Yoda
10-11-2017, 08:52 PM

A quick look at their website (thanks for making me do such a thing!) reveals that Brighton categorise their matches as either A, B or C.

Whereas Palace currently are selling matches that are either A+, A or B.

So, this suggests that the two clubs use a slightly different range of categories and therefore a B match for Brighton is their second tier of pricing.

Whereas we call our second tier matches category A.

EddieEdwards
10-11-2017, 09:32 PM
A quick look at their website (thanks for making me do such a thing!) reveals that Brighton categorise their matches as either A, B or C.

Whereas Palace currently are selling matches that are either A+, A or B.

So, this suggests that the two clubs use a slightly different range of categories and therefore a B match for Brighton is their second tier of pricing.

Whereas we call our second tier matches category A.Our pricing for A+ and A is the same. The only difference is that for A+ you also have to buy a ticket for a B match.

New LP
11-11-2017, 12:51 AM

As well as the £30 cap on away ticket prices, prices should be discounted or capped for home fans on all games moved for live tv coverage, with season ticket holders receiving a £10 credit for that game which can be used against cost of season ticket for following season.

A desperately poor excuse for doing this.

A Watford is not a London club.
B Even arguing for a moment that Hertfordshire is London, not all London clubs are a big draw.

Grade A matches should really be the top 6. Not Brighton and certainly not Watford.

As we see time and time again. The club has contempt for its fans and is shown up by most other clubs in the league in terms of how it treats them. It cares more about making an insignificantly small amount of extra money.

No doubt there are still some deluded people on here insisting that we have the most wonderful owners in the league despite all this.

Of course next season if we are in the football league they will change their tune.