PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield Town (H) Tuesday 19th September 7:45pm

EddieEdwards
24-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Carabao Cup 3rd round, date and KO time confirmed.

Tickets on sale from midday Friday 25th August. Same prices as for Ipswich including the free under 12 ticket with every paying adult.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/cup-tie-ticket-information/

Nth Kent Eagle
24-08-2017, 07:22 PM
20 for non members is a missed opportunity to attract casual, lapsed or new fans or those living in the area whose first team is elsewhere.

gregors
24-08-2017, 07:56 PM
20 for non members is a missed opportunity to attract casual, lapsed or new fans or those living in the area whose first team is elsewhere.

Really? Sounds well priced to me to see 2 premiership teams at Selhurst without a membership.

New LP
24-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Really? Sounds well priced to me to see 2 premiership teams at Selhurst without a membership.

Except it's likely to be 2 reserve teams.

Talk it up as much as you like but this is silly pricing and will result in a really poor crowd.

cpfcben
24-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Good sound pricing. I expect a smaller gate than Ipswich. People just don't care no matter how low the price.

cpfcfly
24-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Fiver. Bargain.

Dave
24-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Gutted

Nth Kent Eagle
24-08-2017, 09:07 PM

There will be very large numbers of locals on low incomes who could be attracted for an evenings entertainment. 20 is a lot for those on low incomes. Could have been an opportunity to built relations with local communities. Instead we will have a tepid atmosphere with a lower crows than for Ipswich.

Dorking .Eagle
25-08-2017, 05:09 AM
Big fan of the U12 tickets being free with each paying adult. My son has been able to bring along a different schoolfriend to both the Schalke and Ipswich games who otherwise wouldn't have been able to come (the sort of kids who love football but whose parents would never in a million years go to the trouble of taking them to a professional game). It's a nice touch in a situation where there is more than enough capacity to do so.

orp pisshead1
25-08-2017, 05:58 AM

Membership is rip off as a huge amount of our casual support have booking history anyway and the membership 100% doesn't deter the scum agencies or touts buying membership or ST and the fact we're involved with a ticket agency is a ******* disgrace :wallbash::wallbash::veryangry:

orp pisshead1
25-08-2017, 06:01 AM

Why do you need a membership? It doesn't really work does it? Just an excuse to take more money off the fans.

orp pisshead1
25-08-2017, 06:02 AM

Talk it up as much as you like but this is silly pricing and will result in a really poor crowd.

Exactly :p

orp pisshead1
25-08-2017, 06:03 AM
There will be very large numbers of locals on low incomes who could be attracted for an evenings entertainment. 20 is a lot for those on low incomes. Could have been an opportunity to built relations with local communities. Instead we will have a tepid atmosphere with a lower crows than for Ipswich.

Spot on mate the the tourist crowd will **** off minute we get relegated at some stage and we've a big enough casual support to get fan base in .

Penstone Eagle
25-08-2017, 06:10 AM

Spot on.

Palacemad2002
25-08-2017, 06:14 AM
20? Sorry but that's bollocks. With the VAST amounts of money coming in to the club from tv deals and advertising, as well as selling out home games with some tickets priced at a bulls eye, are the club really that desperate for league cup match day cash? Use the league and FA cup early rounds as an excuse to pack 'em in at 10 a ticket across the ground and get a decent atmosphere going with plenty of money made on the bars, burger stands and merchandise stalls. Southampton have form for doing this and always sell out when they do. 9,000 or a sold out Selhurst Park? It's not rocket science is it. Someone in the marketing department at Palace needs to pull their finger out.

oddrod
25-08-2017, 11:19 AM
40 Loyalty points for this one?!

cpfc4evandeva
25-08-2017, 11:23 AM
We'll be lucky to get in 7k.

These early round games should just be 5 a pop to everyone, no membership needed. Anything that covers the costs of the actual matchday is enough imo.

Reg_Maudling
25-08-2017, 12:22 PM
the club should do more to encourage the next generation of fans

sylvan eagle
27-08-2017, 06:19 PM

What 5 a ticket and free for under 12s is not enough

Dorking .Eagle
27-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Or a chance to watch an open training session for free, or the fan zone...

wrightchipvcfc
27-08-2017, 07:25 PM
40 Loyalty points for this one?!

If we go down and Brighton stay up parish points won't mean fxxx all more a less same fans go millwall away every season ain't hard to get ticket. most of the prem fans who brought st after promotion won't want to watch palace Ipswich see that the other night just be something fans see that was there to encourage fans to spend in ground just greed should have just stayed on ticket history

sylvan eagle
27-08-2017, 07:41 PM
If we go down and Brighton stay up parish points won't mean fxxx all more a less same fans go millwall away every season ain't hard to get ticket. most of the prem fans who brought st after promotion won't want to watch palace Ipswich see that the other night just be something fans see that was there to encourage fans to spend in ground just greed should have just stayed on ticket history

What's Brighton got to do with it

CPFC_AwayDays
27-08-2017, 07:55 PM
What's Brighton got to do with it

It would be the only game in the championship where points would be used, I think that's what he meant

sylvan eagle
27-08-2017, 08:02 PM
It would be the only game in the championship where points would be used, I think that's what he meant

Okay

Pinkie Brown
15-09-2017, 11:38 AM
I may go but depends how shit we are tomorrow, I'll wait till Monday to get tickets

AddoWolz
16-09-2017, 03:46 PM
There will be a very very VERY low turnout for this.

Wolfnipplechips
16-09-2017, 03:48 PM
There will be a very very VERY low turnout for this.

How about the players?

Will they turn up?

HurstpierPalace
16-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Much respect to anyone that bothers going. We as fans have pumped quite enough money into those blaggers' bulging pockets.

Little Fozzie
16-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Yeah but what if we score and I miss it?! It could be years until the next one

Dorking .Eagle
16-09-2017, 03:55 PM
I hope Speroni gets to play, just because playing any game for Palace means everything for the guy

Penstone Eagle
16-09-2017, 07:07 PM
I'll go if we play the U23's, not parting with cash to watch the spineless wan**rs that turned up today.

MENTALLY TOUGH
16-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Yeah but what if we score and I miss it?! It could be years until the next one

Don't worry club we roll out the DVD for this once in a lifetime event should it happen.

PeterH
16-09-2017, 09:18 PM
This coming Tuesday. I suppose we can all enjoy the distraction of a cup.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-09-2017, 09:21 PM

I don't think enjoy would be the word to be fair!

PeterH
16-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Ipswich has been the highlight of the season so far. Two B teams playing with players looking to impress. The 8k (ha ha) gate will give us an indication of what to expect in three seasons time.

MENTALLY TOUGH
16-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Would it be a considered a "Giant-Killing" should we win ?

PeterH
16-09-2017, 09:25 PM
We can all pretend the yanks have bought us a time machine and it's the first game of the season.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-09-2017, 09:31 PM
The highly paid, whinging squad players can now deliver. Mr Phil Alexander the chief executive should cut the cost of tickets to a quid as repayment for the recent crap.

old git
17-09-2017, 08:21 AM
The highly paid, whinging squad players can now deliver. Mr Phil Alexander the chief executive should cut the cost of tickets to a quid as repayment for the recent crap.

Parish would have to pick me up in his Lamborghini,fill me with food and drink and drop me home after to make up for the shit of this season.Even then I would still be down on the deal;)

Penstone Eagle
17-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Speak for yourself.

Penstone Eagle
17-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Would it be a considered a "Giant-Killing" should we win ?

No, a miracle.

Kirby
17-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Tickets for this must be selling like hot cakes.

Mr Bo Jangles
17-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Just can't part with any money for this, really am just too depressed. Respect to those that are going.

RednBlue
18-09-2017, 06:03 AM
Good football might help.

Penstone Eagle
18-09-2017, 06:08 AM
Good football might help.

And of course not being a laughing stock.

Owngoal
18-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Club should have charged a tenner for this and they might have been able to keep the whole Holmesdale open. As long as the Directors box is full I suppose.............

Il Padrino
18-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Taking my Chelsea supporting step son, what a glamorous game for his first ever match

Vicmo
18-09-2017, 03:39 PM
I have no idea why but I've taken leave of my senses and just bought a ticket to this (largely for Souare). Let's hope the feeble lot from Saturday are nowhere near!

ellioteagle1
18-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Just bought my tickets. Enjoy these games more than the league as you can easily get a beer go to the loo etc.

Owngoal
18-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Taking my Chelsea supporting step son, what a glamorous game for his first ever match

Crikey, you must really dislike him....:D

Yoda
18-09-2017, 05:11 PM
I enjoyed the previous cup match, even before we scored.

Less pressure and the crowd was considerably less moany.

GreatGonzo
18-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Club should have charged a tenner for this and they might have been able to keep the whole Holmesdale open. As long as the Directors box is full I suppose.............

Both teams have to agree on prices and charging a tenner wold not have added 50% to the gate!

Owngoal
18-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Both teams have to agree on prices and charging a tenner wold not have added 50% to the gate!

Sakho playing as said in standard may add a few, but I must not be in my right mind going. Many teams charging a tenner will get more fans than us

Sodermalm
18-09-2017, 06:32 PM

It may not have done but it would've been a nice gesture of goodwill to regular supporters and might've encouraged even just a few new fans or lapsed fans.

Pointsforprizes
19-09-2017, 12:04 AM
Heard today we had sold 3.5k which is shocking but really not surprising. When I went to get my ticket for this I enquired about the free -12s ticket with an adult purchase in which I was told that is not the case! I therefore told them to shove it. The club really is a shambles from top to bottom.

tomlig
19-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Heard today we had sold 3.5k which is shocking but really not surprising. When I went to get my ticket for this I enquired about the free -12s ticket with an adult purchase in which I was told that is not the case! I therefore told them to shove it. The club really is a shambles from top to bottom.
Did you enquire at the same time as buying the adult one? I would guess the system only allows the discount when they are purchased in the same transaction. Whatever happened, it's a bit "computer says no" to not give you a kids one to go with the adult one at any time up until kick-off.

WandsworthEagle
19-09-2017, 07:29 AM

Under 12's go free with each paying adult. How can they tell you otherwise? It's advertised as this very clearly.

Pinkie Brown
19-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Keep the price the same today and people might go last minute, no one is going to pay extra to buy today surely?

Dorking .Eagle
19-09-2017, 08:10 AM
I wonder if I'm weird but I'm looking forward to it, can't wait to give Pape Soare a massive cheer, having Sakho back is great, and I might even get a table at Emek Kebab before the game.

Yes you can see Spurs at Wembley for a tenner, but I wouldn't go to their game over ours even if it was a fiver.

RobertCPFC
19-09-2017, 08:18 AM
I wonder if I'm weird but I'm looking forward to it, can't wait to give Pape Soare a massive cheer, having Sakho back is great, and I might even get a table at Emek Kebab before the game.

Yes you can see Spurs at Wembley for a tenner, but I wouldn't go to their game over ours even if it was a fiver.

I'm up for it as well. There is something about a weeknight cup game in front of a small crowd. The Bolton replay was one of my favourite games of last season.

Icy
19-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Me too. A few returning players and an extra chance for Roy to get his methods across. Feels like an old school Tuesday night championship fixture.

ebyeeckeagle
19-09-2017, 09:51 AM
... Feels like an old school Tuesday night championship fixture.

It may well be next season.......

hdeagle
19-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Since when has any season consisted of 5 or even 10 games.

The season is 38 games in length and definitely Palace have the returning players to turn this season around.

A win tonight would be good for confidence and also allow Roy to see if players waiting
for a chance to impress can force their way into his reckoning for playing in the first team.

Looking forward to enjoying the match tonight and welcoming Pape and Mama back playing for us again.

COYP

wrightchipvcfc
19-09-2017, 01:57 PM

Be reAly surprised if crowd was below 5000 I know quite few st holders who went Ipswich not going tonight combination of things our last 3 home games who's going to play upfront ect kids back at school Ipswich was during holiday and some even voteing with there feet as they put it not sure sp will reAly care or take notice

RCUK
19-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Part of me is tempted to go.
Other part of me doesn't want to see us get rolled over by Huddersfield again.

orp pisshead1
19-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Part of me is tempted to go.
Other part of me doesn't want to see us get rolled over by Huddersfield again.

Go mate as I'd imagine they'll rotate their squad too so there's a good chance of a win for us and two big players returning in Papa and Mama:p

hdeagle
19-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Some of our fans have a pathetic attitude and cannot fathom out that the team needs a show of support in good and bad times and particularly when they need a lift.

At least those of us at the Ipswich game saw two great goals and a Palace win.

COYP

HRP
19-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Since when has any season consisted of 5 or even 10 games.

The season is 38 games in length and definitely Palace have the returning players to turn this season around.

A win tonight would be good for confidence and also allow Roy to see if players waiting
for a chance to impress can force their way into his reckoning for playing in the first team.

Looking forward to enjoying the match tonight and welcoming Pape and Mama back playing for us again.

COYP

Are you wearing the same stained jeans you had on Saturday ? Amazing how different you are on the train compared to your BBS persona. Nice carrier bag as well

Little Fozzie
19-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Are you wearing the same stained jeans you had on Saturday ? Amazing how different you are on the train compared to your BBS persona. Nice carrier bag as well
Good to see you're a **** on every thread and not just the one's about Parish

hdeagle
20-09-2017, 12:56 AM
HRP

Do you practice being a knob or does it just come naturally as second nature.

I take it that you missed Palace's win over Huddersfield or did you bother going to the game

HRP
20-09-2017, 03:36 AM
HRP

Do you practice being a knob or does it just come naturally as second nature.

I take it that you missed Palace's win over Huddersfield or did you bother going to the game

Go wash your jeans

hdeagle
21-09-2017, 10:15 AM
HRP

Maybe your disgusting attitude would change if you were disabled.

Pointsforprizes
24-09-2017, 03:38 AM
Did you enquire at the same time as buying the adult one? I would guess the system only allows the discount when they are purchased in the same transaction. Whatever happened, it's a bit "computer says no" to not give you a kids one to go with the adult one at any time up until kick-off.

I did enquire about it as I would have took my nephew along, and was told the free -12s ticket with a paying adult was not the case!

Pointsforprizes
24-09-2017, 03:40 AM
Under 12's go free with each paying adult. How can they tell you otherwise? It's advertised as this very clearly.

Then it is yet another cock up by our inept box office. I will enquire about it when I get my Newcastle tickets next week. They wont even give me tickets over the counter anymore, they post to my address and sometimes they don't even turn up!