PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Ruben Loftus Cheek (permanent)

glaziers fan
25-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Come on then, if the scouts have run out of ideas, let's try to sign a player who we all like. Offer Chelsea £40m including add-ons, with a buy back clause that can be activated in 3 years time.

Would open up another loan slot as well, so we may save Sakho's transfer fee. And we could stagger the payments, and sign a talented player for more than a season. Not saying Chelsea would go for it, but could give it a go!

Ooh Betty
25-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Thanks for that.

bradpitt
25-08-2017, 01:34 PM
The mumblings of a mad man....

Thefunkymonk
25-08-2017, 01:38 PM
GF not taken his meds this morning

Eagle's Nest
25-08-2017, 01:43 PM
U wot m8?

RisZero
25-08-2017, 01:44 PM
He is injured

Marksf
25-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Burke going to WBA has broken GF.

glaziers fan
25-08-2017, 01:50 PM
He is injured

So you wouldn't sign him on a permanent if we could find the money and he was available?

Martin H
25-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Sorry but in the current context we have this idea and thread is bizarre. Would love to sign him but no cash and no chance. :(

thereichstuff
25-08-2017, 01:58 PM
£40 m :supergrin:

Friskey
25-08-2017, 02:04 PM
£40m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James SG
25-08-2017, 02:05 PM
WTF is this!!

East-End Eagle
25-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Jesus, someone call the dr quick.

Pete79
25-08-2017, 02:12 PM
COffer Chelsea £40m including add-ons, with a buy back clause that can be activated in 3 years time.

So on the basis of two performances you advocate spending £40 million + wages for a 3 year loan at which point we lose him aged 24 to Chelsea, probably for an agreed price that will seem like peanuts at that point in time and with a new, larger TV deal in effect?

How did Dougie ever beat you to the director of sports job?

Fatboy
25-08-2017, 02:23 PM
He is injured

Then we'll pay double....
:moo2:

WLYWLYAWYPWF
25-08-2017, 03:02 PM
After two good games both ending in defeat. Yeah let's do it.

Jim Cannon
25-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Call the men in white coats

glaziers fan
25-08-2017, 03:05 PM
£10m up front, the rest spread over the next ten years, dependent on us retaining our Premier League status...

Ooh Betty
25-08-2017, 03:11 PM
£10m up front, the rest spread over the next ten years, dependent on us retaining our Premier League status...

Have you escaped from Broadmoor ?

Maidstoned Eagle
25-08-2017, 03:11 PM

You're off your nut.

Stavros 69
25-08-2017, 03:14 PM
When are the school holidays over?

JDawg
25-08-2017, 03:15 PM

Better still. Let's do £10 upfront and the balance when we win the Champions League.

Whatever you're on, I'd like a pint of it.

Excowboy
25-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Please never change, GF.

Marksf
25-08-2017, 03:19 PM

This actually cheered me up :p

Pete79
25-08-2017, 03:41 PM

How much has it cost us to loan him in the first place? Why would Chelsea except a few more million to lose the player?!

How can the rest be spread over ten years? Why would Chelsea accept that - especially when you suggest that Chelsea have a 3 year buy back clause? At what price?

What happens if we lose Premier league status? Just stop paying? give him back for nothing?

I stopped coming up with this sort of **** when I was 10 years old.

CP-RJW
25-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Nurse Ratched you missed one!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Oh dear. GF back to his 'moments', Phil Barber back to talking nonsense. Please Parish, sign someone just to end the nonsense.

Gyro1780
25-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Didn't he sign a new deal at Chelsea before being loaned out like other Chelsea loanees?
Had to :D when i saw that £40m FORTY MILLION :eek:

Gyro1780
25-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Maybe he does well this season for us, goes back to Chelsea & can't get into the first 11.
Maybe we try a cheeky bid next summer?

CPFC85
25-08-2017, 06:18 PM
So our two main attacking threats are out. Great.

Spindle
25-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Is this the reaction you expected GF?

Happy Arthur
26-08-2017, 08:21 AM
I think GF has his tongue firmly in cheek.

mroakley9
26-08-2017, 08:26 AM
**** i love gf

spt1978
26-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Come on then, if the scouts have run out of ideas, let's try to sign a player who we all like. Offer Chelsea £40m including add-ons, with a buy back clause that can be activated in 3 years time.

Would open up another loan slot as well, so we may save Sakho's transfer fee. And we could stagger the payments, and sign a talented player for more than a season. Not saying Chelsea would go for it, but could give it a go!

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

jimmy the gent
26-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Yep i bet he'd jump at the chance of joining us right now. Guarenteed starter next year in the Championship.

Dobbo
23-09-2017, 07:53 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/646980/Chelsea-Exclusive-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Crystal-Palace

Sign him up !!

CharlieCPFC
23-09-2017, 08:15 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/646980/Chelsea-Exclusive-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Crystal-Palace

Sign him up !!

I'd love to see it happen but I just can't sadly.

I think there'll be a good few clubs in for him even from abroad too like Germany who like to take a punt on the British youngsters.

It's a sad state of affairs the first team appearances he's had at the the age he's at now. If he had the amount of first team appearances Delle Ali has had I'm sure he'd be at his level.

orp pisshead1
23-09-2017, 08:18 AM
The mumblings of a mad man....

Yep :D

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 07:59 AM
I'd love to see it happen but I just can't sadly.

I think there'll be a good few clubs in for him even from abroad too like Germany who like to take a punt on the British youngsters.

It's a sad state of affairs the first team appearances he's had at the the age he's at now. If he had the amount of first team appearances Delle Ali has had I'm sure he'd be at his level.

I think Chelsea will surely have him in their team next season. BUT if they don't then the fact he's a South London boy and that he is integrated into our squad would make us favourites if he was to go elsewhere. If he wants to play we are not a bad stepping stone for him. Seriously talented player. Dele and RLC are the 2 best English midfielders, by a distance.

Worksop Palace
24-09-2017, 08:03 AM
I think Chelsea will surely have him in their team next season. BUT if they don't then the fact he's a South London boy and that he is integrated into our squad would make us favourites if he was to go elsewhere. If he wants to play we are not a bad stepping stone for him. Seriously talented player. Dele and RLC are the 2 best English midfielders, by a distance.

Yes I'm sure he'd ignore suitors from all over the world to play championship football with us

Jesus you really are a mentalist

GreatGonzo
24-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Yes I'm sure he'd ignore suitors from all over the world to play championship football with us

Jesus you really are a mentalist

I would rather have RLC at palace than you.

He hasn't given up!

Worksop Palace
24-09-2017, 08:16 AM
I would rather have RLC at palace than you.

He hasn't given up!

:D

You think he'll be a palace player next season then ?

Nothing to do with giving up. It's called realism. Something GF isn't famed for.

Or you by the looks

Billy Rhino
24-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Only problem here is I've got a bad feeling that Parish actually reads GF's madcap ideas and takes them onboard.:eek:

Worksop Palace
24-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Only problem here is I've got a bad feeling that Parish actually reads GF's madcap ideas and takes them onboard.:eek:

Would explain a great deal :rolleyes:

beef
24-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Chelsea want rid £8m bid well worth it imo.

cockles
24-09-2017, 10:46 AM
I rate him highly, but ask how many of these Chelsea loan shark players do well after their period of lost youth in their early 20's?

I don't remember any turning out to have a great career for whoever signed them on a perm in the end.

Can anyone correct me on this?

spt1978
24-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Errr shouldn't we concentrate on a striker? Let SP concentrate on that rather than signing fans favourites.

spt1978
24-09-2017, 10:49 AM
I rate him highly, but ask how many of these Chelsea loan shark players do well after their period of lost youth in their early 20's?

I don't remember any turning out to have a great career for whoever signed them on a perm in the end.

Can anyone correct me on this?

Chelsea make very good money out of buying youngsters, loaning them and then selling them. Guess the big sales are:

Kevin De Bruyne
Romelu Lukaku
Nathan Ake

Other recent ones, not as good but you can see how much they generate from it:

Christian Atsu
Bertrand Traoré
Nathaniel Chalobah
Papy Djilobodji (how the hell did they make £5m profit on him!)
Patrick Bamford (errr)
Thorgan Hazard
Oriol Romeu
Ryan Bertrand

cockles
24-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Chelsea make very good money out of buying youngsters, loaning them and then selling them.

This I knew - hence *Chelsea loan shark players*

doof
24-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Errr shouldn't we concentrate on a striker? Let SP concentrate on that rather than signing fans favourites.

I would be surprised if Chelsea would sell him but If we signed RLC we would have a free loan slot which might be an easier way of getting a decent striker.

cockles
24-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Chelsea make very good money out of buying youngsters, loaning them and then selling them. Guess the big sales are:

Kevin De Bruyne
Romelu Lukaku
Nathan Ake

Wasn't really counting Lukaku because it was obvious he was top level when they (bizarrely) sold him and had played lots of Prem matches while still a teenager.
Kevin De Bruyne I had forgotten about. Too early to say on Ake either way.

CharlieCPFC
24-09-2017, 12:09 PM

Where have they put him for sale for £8M?

If true SP should be at Cobham tomorrow morning with that money.

Worksop Palace
24-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Come January it will be clear to Chelsea how reliant we are on him and that will add £10m to their valuation.

It will also be clear to RLC that we're heading for the championship.

So for this two reasons, we won't be signing him

Stavros 69
24-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Buy him in Jan and then get Kennedy on loan from them and then buy a striker.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-09-2017, 04:16 PM

:D

NorthPalace23
24-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Loftus Cheek is our striker now!

Ljb
24-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Why on earth would he want to join us permanently

Martin H
24-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Unfortunately if he continues to show us the talent he seems to promise he will go to a top 6 club or stay at Chelsea. I would advise him to leave Chelsea because for them to continue to compete with Man City and Man U they have to keep buying the best in Europe and he will return only to be a bit part player unfortunately. If he leaves them for Spurs, or Liverpool he will be playing for England within a month. It's automatic somehow.

I don't think we can afford him, he can do better and TBH deserves to be surrounded by better players. I hate saying that, but it's true. If by some miracle he did come to Palace permanently then he would be adored in the same way as Wilf I suspect. But all of this assumes he can sustain those glimpses he has been giving us over 90 mins. Pretty sure he will.

st albans
24-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Absolutely no chance it'll be £8m. He's already being talked about in the media as out beat player this season. He'll be at least double that at the end of the season

Tim
24-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Buy him in Jan and then get Kennedy on loan from them and then buy a striker.

That sounds too much like common sense. SP will never go for it!

TAK
24-09-2017, 06:55 PM

Maybe he dreams of playing in the Championship.

rambo1
24-09-2017, 07:06 PM

When we Stay-up,Not if,can see Ruben Loftus-Cheek being Signed on a Permanent Basis.

Friskey
24-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Personally I don't think he's even that good. Sure he's decent but he looks better as the team is so shite. He's a million miles away from being mentioned in a debate about the top English midfielders. Very good potential but his end product is pretty woeful at the minute.

I take the point about Chelsea ******* up his development though and I probably agree. But right now he's nowhere near Dele. They're not even playing the same game.

Jim Cannon
24-09-2017, 07:54 PM

Nice trolling

8M

Jim Cannon
24-09-2017, 07:55 PM

Let's hope we can find a suitable candidate on 31st Jan that will sign

Dave
24-09-2017, 08:01 PM

would free up a loan slot for the striker

old geezer
25-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Why would he come to us - he is a top ten team man not a piss poor Palace set up which what Mr Parish has managed to achieve

Stavros 69
25-09-2017, 10:38 AM
would free up a loan slot for the striker

Great minds

glaziers fan
25-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately if he continues to show us the talent he seems to promise he will go to a top 6 club or stay at Chelsea. I would advise him to leave Chelsea because for them to continue to compete with Man City and Man U they have to keep buying the best in Europe and he will return only to be a bit part player unfortunately. If he leaves them for Spurs, or Liverpool he will be playing for England within a month. It's automatic somehow.

I don't think we can afford him, he can do better and TBH deserves to be surrounded by better players. I hate saying that, but it's true. If by some miracle he did come to Palace permanently then he would be adored in the same way as Wilf I suspect. But all of this assumes he can sustain those glimpses he has been giving us over 90 mins. Pretty sure he will.

I agree with what you say: from his perspective he needs to move on. I don't think Liverpool would go for him because they are over-stocked with midfielders. Spurs might, but would Chelsea sell to them?

I think it might become realistic if Chelsea continue to do well and we recover to a mid-table position by mid December. We have good enough players to support RLC. I don't agree with you on that Martin. He's a South London boy. If he doesn't stay at a top 6 club he could do a lot worse than us.

Martin H
25-09-2017, 01:17 PM
....... We have good enough players to support RLC. I don't agree with you on that Martin. He's a South London boy. If he doesn't stay at a top 6 club he could do a lot worse than us.

We really don't though do we? not honestly. Cabaye is on the same wavelength but won't be here next year, Wilf, Benteke (when on form) are probably the ones closest.

I might be wrong and it is only a handful of games and he hasn't really 'done it' for 90 mins yet - more in 20 min bursts. So it is a little early to say but at the moment I would say this early look at the guy indicates to me that he will probably be better than Wilf if he stays fit. I don't say that lightly.

The only reason that he doesn't fit in at the 2 Manchester clubs or Chelsea right now is that they have now moved on to playing only the best players available at the peak of their careers. If he carries on I could see Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton bidding for him - and possibly even ManU.

If he wants to be the big fish in a local pond then awesome, I would snap his hand off but I suspect he will be advised by the FA I suspect to look higher. I am jumping the gun here for sure and it may be that which explains the difference of opinion. The thought of Jairo, Ruben, Wilf forming the heart of the team and growing as players together would be quite cool. But we need to stay up first.

beef
25-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Nice trolling

8M

It is on the low side but how much do they expect for a player that will never get in their team? Surely we can't go beyond £15m again...

whereEaglesFly
25-09-2017, 01:36 PM
It is on the low side but how much do they expect for a player that will never get in their team? Surely we can't go beyond £15m again...

Well Nathan Ake went for £20 million I think, so likely a fair amount more than 15

beef
25-09-2017, 01:41 PM
No wonder we don't sign anyone!

GrayP41ace
25-09-2017, 02:09 PM
I knew who started the thread without even looking :D bonkers :D:D

topper
25-09-2017, 02:27 PM
40Million....lol. :D
Wow.
What colour is the sky on your planet??

Kai