PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Hypothetical question

Kidofwonder
26-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Would you accept Palace selling Benteke, Cabaye and Towsend this week, if the money is re-invested in signing players to play the FDB system?

St.Francois
26-08-2017, 11:06 PM
I don't think we can attract the type of players we need for this system or afford them if they wanted to come.

The only other team that play with a similar formation as far as I know was Chelsea last year.

I think we need to strengthen, with another striker, maybe get rid of Kelly and bring in a replacement, and play to our strengths. Similar to what Pulis and Allardyce did.

Palestinian
26-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Would you accept Palace selling Benteke, Cabaye and Towsend this week, if the money is re-invested in signing players to play the FDB system?
No because FdB makes Peter Taylor look a good manager - the only player he had brought in Riedewald is hopelessly out of his depth for the role he was bought for. I don't trust him to spend wisely, as I suggested on another thread we would get the current equivalents of Darren Ward and Jon Macken to replace them.

AJ
26-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Yep. They will be worth a lot less next summer!

beef
26-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Not unless there's some master list of hidden talent we've drawn up. I can't see that being the case though! We'd just end up losing our best players and paying inflated fees for mediocre replacements.

PeterH
26-08-2017, 11:21 PM
And we have six days.

RisZero
26-08-2017, 11:27 PM
I want to say yes because I think FDB isnt the problem, but right now id have to say no because there is no way we would get the names in out of nowhere before the window closes, so I think we would be better off adapting the system to what we have and getting points down before the Jan window

Neckinger Eagle
26-08-2017, 11:38 PM
I can see Townsend and Cabaye going. They don't fit into the De Boer style, what with all that running around, incisive passing forward at pace, running the game, shooting. We don't want players like that at the club anymore.

We need more wet behind the ears Dutch boys who stand still and never think to cross the half way line but can pass sideways five yards.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
27-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Yep. They will be worth a lot less next summer!
It's true that Cabaye would go on a free, Townsend will no doubt have a relegation release clause as he did at Newcastle and Benteke... while a big asset, has never looked like a 32m striker at Palace.

Anyway, I think Cabaye and Townsend will both go. Benteke, I doubt it.

S.P.R.
27-08-2017, 07:18 AM
It's true that Cabaye would go on a free, Townsend will no doubt have a relegation release clause as he did at Newcastle and Benteke... while a big asset, has never looked like a 32m striker at Palace.

Anyway, I think Cabaye and Townsend will both go. Benteke, I doubt it.

A 15 goal prem striker is a 32m striker these days.
He will struggle to repeat that this season though playing the De Boer way.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Cabaye will be sold this week I fear

Jim Cannon
27-08-2017, 07:21 AM
No because FdB makes Peter Taylor look a good manager - the only player he had brought in Riedewald is hopelessly out of his depth for the role he was bought for. I don't trust him to spend wisely, as I suggested on another thread we would get the current equivalents of Darren Ward and Jon Macken to replace them.

To be fair I think the question goes on the assumption the players brought in can play the system. And its all getting a bit much this writing off Jairo after 1 match

DARZET EAGLE
27-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Leicester Mercury claiming that a bid of 26m has been made for Townsend from Leicester as cover for Mahrez should he be sold. Snap their hand off. Slimani part of the deal?

spt1978
27-08-2017, 07:25 AM

No but if this was the plan it would have needed to happen in July not the last week of the window.

Our business in the summer transfer window as a shambles and not for the first time.

CharlieCPFC
27-08-2017, 07:26 AM
I was more hoping Cabaye and Townsend would be the spearheads in this new system.

If we sold all three we'd need to bring in about 9 players in 5 days. It just ain't gonna happen, what a shambles we are at the minute.

Fatboy
27-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Our only forward , The only one who can pass the ball FORWARD , and the only one trying to attack.

Probably means we will.....

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-08-2017, 07:31 AM
Our only forward , The only one who can pass the ball FORWARD , and the only one trying to attack.

Probably means we will.....

:D it's the Palace way!

November85
27-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Possibly in July, with a whole pre season to work on it. If we try that now we're just writing off the next few games as well.

CPFC 1949
27-08-2017, 07:52 AM
The team was beginning to progress under Sam, why in hell couldnt we have found a manager to continue building where he left off.
I don't confess to be technical minded about football but after watching the last few games it looks obvious that FdB and teams selected are on different planets.

We have spent 4 very hard seasons learning to survive in this league only to go back to square one.

Our players are not up to the standard of Europe's best teams so why bring in supposed top European coach, it's been proven that with the right manager this current team can perform well.

cdm61
27-08-2017, 08:26 AM
And we have six days.

God did the entire universe in six days so saving Palace is too much to expect.