PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Transfer Deadline Day 17/18

Pages : [1] 2

Kirby
30-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Here we go then.

What are your hopes?

Realistically I'd be happy with a first choice goalkeeper (Vorm?), a centre-half (Sakho?) and a striker (Tosun?).

If we end up with Hennessey still between the sticks and Sakho fails to sign it's going to be an incredibly grim day.

Over to you Jim.

GreatGonzo
30-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Would go with that.

Would add replacement for any 1st teamer sold such as if Townsend left, and shift some of the deadwood like Mutch out on loan.

Ooh Betty
30-08-2017, 11:41 PM
https://youtu.be/TxbIU0X-lCI

mb23
30-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Hopes: Goalie, Sakho, winger, striker.

Expectations: Sakho, Tosun.

If we fail to stump up the cash for Sakho, then I can only assume the club are not prepared to invest in the club anymore and cut their losses. I've always assumed that our lack of activity was because we wanted to get this top-rate centre back into the club, so I will be very disappointed if it doesn't come off, with so many other decent centre backs seemingly being available to us for a lot less money.

A striker goes without saying though. We must get one. Don't know anything about this Tosun chap, so I hope we've done our homework on him and he isn't a panic buy.

Fifield says that we might add an out of contract keeper, so if that's true I don't expect that to happen today.

Hopefully Parish and co can surprise us with a proper keeper like Vorm and a winger/rwb. Maybe a Championship club will take someone of our deadwood off our hands, or at least loan and agree to pay a chunk of their wages - I'm looking at Ward, Kelly, Mutch, Lee, Puncheon, Sako. 2 or 3 of them departing might free up some wages for a nice surprise signing.

RisZero
30-08-2017, 11:48 PM
If reports are to be believed Tosun is presumably our striker target.

I fully expect the club to go in for Sakho, thats a defensive target.

I think there will be one more (I hope for more, but I doubt it without outgoings). No idea what position but I do not think it will be a Keeper.

My hopes?
- M. Sakho
- Gray (Maybe Townsend outgoing, I know what the reports say but this is a wishlist)
- Tosun (all my actual striker hopes seem to have already moved so just get one over the line really)
- Cillessen out of nowhere

Doesnt fill the RWB slot but im still hoping TFM can play there

Ooh Betty
30-08-2017, 11:50 PM
https://youtu.be/x-fEr0kv-E4

RisZero
30-08-2017, 11:52 PM
In case anyone wasnt aware, I dunno wtf Ooh Betty is posting but I wouldnt click the links as they are not real Youtube links

Hudds Eagle
30-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Fingers crossed for Sakho, Tosun, Gray, a keeper and a RWB. Realistically we'll probably get 3 of those unless we sell a few (including Townsend unfortunately) Should be interesting either way.

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 12:04 AM
In case anyone wasnt aware, I dunno wtf Ooh Betty is posting but I wouldnt click the links as they are not real Youtube links

What ????

Direct links to 'Nothing ever happens' -Del Amitri and the classic 'Do Nothing' by the Specials.

Suggest you sort out your IT problems and get a travel card to the real world.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 12:06 AM
What ????

Direct links to 'Nothing ever happens' -Del Amitri and the classic 'Do Nothing' by the Specials.

Suggest you sort out your IT problems and get a travel card to the real world.

Alright calm down, why are you the only person in the world posting Youtube links with a .be domain? I even went away to make sure and even the Belgian channels I found still use the .com

Cant really blame me for wanting to protect others when stuff looked suspicious

Edit: Turns out its a recent initiative to shorten links, no harm no foul

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Alright calm down, why are you the only person in the world posting Youtube links with a .be domain? I even went away to make sure and even the Belgian channels I found still use the .com

Cant really blame me for wanting to protect others when stuff looked suspicious

Hmm. May have to apologize looking at the 'be' bit.
Don't get that. Just pasted the links from youtube via my android currently in Penge.
Maybe my phone thinks i am still in Belgium, which i haven't been for a few years.

More weird than our transfer activity.

Apologies anyway.

Neckinger Eagle
31-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Go to bed everybody!

RisZero
31-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Hmm. May have to apologize looking at the 'be' bit.
Don't get that. Just pasted the links from youtube via my android currently in Penge.
Maybe my phone thinks i am still in Belgium, which i haven't been for a few years.

More weird than our transfer activity.

Apologies anyway.

No problem. I imagine far worse things will be flying around the BBS tomorrow :D

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 12:37 AM
No problem. I imagine far worse things will be flying around the BBS tomorrow :D

Kevin Doyle i'd guess.

Goodnight.

thomasbroad
31-08-2017, 12:44 AM
I think we'll end up loan-to-buy a GK from abroad.

Gregz41
31-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Hoping the plan is to go 433 long term now.

Close between ST and GK as priority for me, but Sakho would also be fantastic.

GK: Skorupski loan with option to buy
CB: Sakho
LW: Gray with Townsend going the other way
ST: Tosun providing the much needed competition to Benteke

Sell:
PVA - recoup some funds now that Souare is nearing fitness.
Townsend - If we can get Gray
Mutch, Sako & Lee if possible.

regal_eagle
31-08-2017, 12:50 AM
Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 12:50 AM
If we can keep hold of Cabaye (and Townsend) then I could live with Sakho and a decent striker.

Obviously a new keeper would be very welcome as well.

Timbo
31-08-2017, 01:32 AM
If we can keep hold of Cabaye (and Townsend) then I could live with Sakho and a decent striker.

I wonder if their wives will be alright with that?

spt1978
31-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Hope/required: GK, RB, CB, CF

Expect: no signings.

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 02:48 AM
I have very low expectations.

It'll just be Sakho.

If that's the result then Steve Parish needs to consider stepping down and handing over the reins to someone else.

GorBlimey
31-08-2017, 03:21 AM

It'll just be Sakho.

If that's the result then Steve Parish needs to consider stepping down and handing over the reins to someone else.

WTF?

This isn't some kind of computer game.

We are a multi-million pound business and the Chairman doesn't resign simply because a punter like you doesn't like the results of the transfer window.

F*cking hell, I think I've heard it all now.

PeterH
31-08-2017, 03:43 AM
Think about what you wrie before you post GorBlimey.

The chairmean wentt mini viral with his version of Rappers Delight - managing Palace is exactly like any of us playing Championship Manager on the Amiga in 1990.

When there was no money in the championshup days he took the thing seriously and did the job that was required.

Now he is riding the ego boom and bust cloud in the Premierl. He has 12 hours to deliver or the seasons as good as fecked. A season he had all summer to prepare for.

At the moment he's all in holding two pair and waiting for the final card to be dealt with a low chance of scoring the full house.

A computer game is exactly what he is playing, albeit with real money and our future at stake.

Nothing at all you can say to defend him hides the reality of the situation. This is playing to the brink to a ridiculous degree. If it's on purpose it foolhardy, if not it's incompetence.

PeterH
31-08-2017, 03:45 AM
First time I have said this. If he's not up to the job, he should go.

For all he's done for Palace, he deserves to be out of it if he can't take the pressure that the job involves. With all our wishes.

Another well meaning Chairman that couldn't cut it.

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 03:45 AM
WTF?

This isn't some kind of computer game.

We are a multi-million pound business and the Chairman doesn't resign simply because a punter like you doesn't like the results of the transfer window.

F*cking hell, I think I've heard it all now.

Is it too much to ask for there to be a reasoned response to opinions? It's all "******* hell" this "I've heard it all now" that. And then you want to appear as though you're the one being reasonable.

This isn't an isolated incident of stagnant performance by the leadership at Palace. Too often we're mucking about at the sharp end of the transfer window to ensure we have a squad that's fit for purpose. And while we muck about Huddersfield, Watford, West Brom and others look settled and they're cracking on with their season.

Most people accept that SP and the rest of CPFC2010 rode to rescue and did well to get us into the Premier League. And we have a couple of decent players now. But we haven't really progressed enough either in footballing terms or off the pitch in terms of infrastructure.

It's time to start thinking about progress.

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 03:50 AM
I can't believe anyone thinks it's acceptable to just surrender the first 9-12 points of a season to chance.

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 04:18 AM
Think about what you wrie before you post GorBlimey.

The chairmean wentt mini viral with his version of Rappers Delight - managing Palace is exactly like any of us playing Championship Manager on the Amiga in 1990.

When there was no money in the championshup days he took the thing seriously and did the job that was required.

Now he is riding the ego boom and bust cloud in the Premierl. He has 12 hours to deliver or the seasons as good as fecked. A season he had all summer to prepare for.

At the moment he's all in holding two pair and waiting for the final card to be dealt with a low chance of scoring the full house.

A computer game is exactly what he is playing, albeit with real money and our future at stake.

Nothing at all you can say to defend him hides the reality of the situation. This is playing to the brink to a ridiculous degree. If it's on purpose it foolhardy, if not it's incompetence.

FFS. It's clear that we massively overspent in Jan to stay up. We spent nearly 60M last season in transfer and fees.

Since we've decided rightly to keep Wilf we now have several players near or over the 100k a week mark. A squad that's too big with too much crap that we can't off load and a need to bring in three/four quality players.

There's only so much oink in the pig and SP has repeatedly said he won't run the club in a deficit. So I guess this is where we are. Bearing in mind we are trying to redevelop the training ground and have some wedge set aside for the main stand. The only really really stupid thing he's done is resign last season the shite defenders we are now trying to offload/replace.

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 04:22 AM
Is it too much to ask for there to be a reasoned response to opinions? It's all "******* hell" this "I've heard it all now" that. And then you want to appear as though you're the one being reasonable.

This isn't an isolated incident of stagnant performance by the leadership at Palace. Too often we're mucking about at the sharp end of the transfer window to ensure we have a squad that's fit for purpose. And while we muck about Huddersfield, Watford, West Brom and others look settled and they're cracking on with their season.

Most people accept that SP and the rest of CPFC2010 rode to rescue and did well to get us into the Premier League. And we have a couple of decent players now. But we haven't really progressed enough either in footballing terms or off the pitch in terms of infrastructure.

West Brom have a new money bags owner. Watford have been doing dodgy semi lllegal rule bending for two seasons and Huddersfield well they are just doing what we did when we got promoted. More intelligently true but they have a klopp disciple and we had Holloway......

mroakley9
31-08-2017, 04:26 AM
All I want is Sakho and Balotelli on loan

CPFCalifornia
31-08-2017, 04:47 AM
All I want is Sakho and Balotelli on loan

How about Sako and Flamini instead

Sir.S.C Remembered
31-08-2017, 04:47 AM
ACM

GorBlimey
31-08-2017, 04:54 AM
First time I have said this. If he's not up to the job, he should go.

For all he's done for Palace, he deserves to be out of it if he can't take the pressure that the job involves. With all our wishes.

Another well meaning Chairman that couldn't cut it.

You tell me think about what I write and then you bring your crayons out to scrawl bollocks like that?!

F*ck right off tosser! :jerkit:

Utter f*ckwit.

Kai
31-08-2017, 04:57 AM
A goalie! A goalie! My kingdom for a goalie!

Anything else is a bonus given how poor this window has been

GorBlimey
31-08-2017, 05:01 AM

Well you get your f*cking cheque book out and risk the the family fortune on CPFC.

Put up or shut up.

Oh, you have nothing to put up so you're just a bag of wind.

Wanker. :jerkit:

Flappy Chicken
31-08-2017, 05:05 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the start of the Rollercoaster, you will experience today some highs and mainly lows today.

Be nice to each other and remember whatever happens good or bad we all have one thing in common PTID. :moo:

Stay safe and have a great ETW day!

mroakley9
31-08-2017, 05:30 AM
How about Sako and Flamini instead

If we don't sign both Sakho and Balotelli, I'd rather we signed no one and sold our first team players so we can at least try and break Derby's record

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Let's hope GorBlimey sobers up at some point today.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 05:40 AM
This will be a depressing thread come 11pm

danpalace07
31-08-2017, 06:05 AM
This will be a depressing thread come 11pm

in for the best BBS civil war yet

the biggest split down the middle since God knocked up the Grand Canyon

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 06:10 AM
in for the best BBS civil war yet

the biggest split down the middle since God knocked up the Grand Canyon

Especially when sakho signs for wba

Friskey
31-08-2017, 06:12 AM
This transfer window has been a shocker. Not expecting much improvement today.

Something is clearly going on behind the scenes.

chatham_eagle
31-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Predictions: Plenty of meltdowns, a flounce or two and a banning.

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Well you get your f*cking cheque book out and risk the the family fortune on CPFC.

Put up or shut up.

Oh, you have nothing to put up so you're just a bag of wind.

Wanker. :jerkit:

Roughly translated as 'Be thankful you still have a club to support'

Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Soarin' Eagles
31-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Would be shocked if we sign someone. Has to be our worst window in a long, ling time

Kai
31-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Prepare to be seriously underwhelmed.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 06:21 AM
For us to have a productive day I think someone has to leave for a good fee.. think it's going to be Townsend... if he goes we will get sakho, a striker and a keeper.. maybe even a winger

danpalace07
31-08-2017, 06:23 AM
Would be shocked if we sign someone. Has to be our worst window in a long, ling time

potentially worse than the Adebayor window :(

Jolly Eagle
31-08-2017, 06:29 AM

It'll just be Sakho.

How long til Sakho is actually fit enough to play is anyone's guess.

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 06:31 AM
For us to have a productive day I think someone has to leave for a good fee.. think it's going to be Townsend... if he goes we will get sakho, a striker and a keeper.. maybe even a winger

What about he goes and we don't get anyone?

'We tried for a few but just couldn't get them done'

Naboo
31-08-2017, 06:32 AM
If I could choose one word to sum up this window so far it would be AMATEUR

newish eagle
31-08-2017, 06:34 AM
What about he goes and we don't get anyone?

'We tried for a few but just couldn't get them done'
Or....'it slammed shut before we could get them over the line'?

Bones14
31-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Expectations from me are zero.

Anything we get will be a bonus then.

I'd like a sneaky striker to appear though. We haven't ****en scored yet.

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 06:43 AM

As good as he is i'd like to see him gone early today. Given up on the possibility of any wage-stealers going now. It'll be the decent ones like cabaye and townsend who get sold to finance improvements elsewhere i reckon. Not ideal at all to be losing first teamers whilst others arent fit for purpose, but we really need 4 or 5 players in key positions today. Thats a massive massive ask. Hopefully Dougie will get a deal involving Gray somehow to soften the blow.

Dave
31-08-2017, 06:49 AM
I think it's tosun to be talking about new strikers.

David_23
31-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Sakho was 1/5 to sign for us yesterday. This morning he was 4/6 and now literally back to 2/7.. do you think bookies have a scooby or any inside intelligence or is it simply people putting money on that changes odds?

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Sakho was 1/5 to sign for us yesterday. This morning he was 4/6 and now literally back to 2/7.. do you think bookies have a scooby or any inside intelligence or is it simply people putting money on that changes odds?

Sakho wants us.. we want sakho. Liverpool being *****

SJ'sLoveMonkey
31-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Sakho wants us.. we want sakho. Liverpool being *****

Or Liverpool being Liverpool

LDNEAGLE
31-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Looking forward to it today, can't wait for the anti-climax melt down on here.

cdm61
31-08-2017, 07:05 AM
If the owners decide they want to devalue their asset by failing to provide funds today then there's not much we can do, except not bother going. I fear another misery period for us long suffering fans.

CPFC85
31-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Looking forward to it today, can't wait for the anti-climax melt down on here.

That started weeks ago.

Mr Palace
31-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Keeper
CB - has to be sakho
Winger
Striker
Right wing back

Securing anything less than four of these five will be failure but really we need all five positions strengthening.

My guess:

A young keeper who won't challenge Hennessey - ie not good
No right wing back so ward played out of position all season
Sakho to sign at 10pm
No winger
Some very average striker such as Niasse.

Hope this isn't the case as that would be a grim transfer window.

ANTEAGLE
31-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Let's try and be positive today and if nothing good happens then we can pretend the world has ended tomorrow.

I'm predicting a Goalie, a reserve forward and a Centre Back. If we sell Townsend then we will get a replacement. Hoping for a few outgoings as well. Yes I know, very optimistic.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Keeper
CB - has to be sakho
Winger
Striker
Right wing back

Securing anything less than four of these five will be failure but really we need all five positions strengthening.

My guess:

A young keeper who won't challenge Hennessey
No right wing back so ward played out of position all season
Sakho to sign at 10pm
No winger

Some very average striker such as Niasse.

Hope this isn't the case as that would be a grim transfer window.

Won't sign a rwb

Doubt we will sign keeper

Sakho will be last minute if it happens

Striker

FourtyTwo
31-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Normally today I have work to do, so it's doubly shit when nothing happens AND I've done nothing. And then I waste the whole evening on here / SSN desperate for something to happen.

Today, I have little to do at work, and am out for drinks tonight. All good signs for a good day!

Edit - and the bus has wifi, another result!

Scrumpy
31-08-2017, 07:14 AM
I am fully expecting no incomings at Palace. Maybe a couple of outgoings such as Mutch and Lee on loan.

One thing I will say though is full credit to West Brom. They have signed 5/6 decent players for less than 40m

AddoWolz
31-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Would like a STRIKER and an attacking midfielder but think we'll get a defender of some sorts

Dave
31-08-2017, 07:28 AM
I am fulling expecting no incomings at Palace. Maybe a couple of outgoings such as Mutch and Lee on loan.

One thing I will say though is full credit to West Brom. They have signed 5/6 decent players for less than 40m

Not sure what the relevance is to palace? Teams are in very different positions.

established premier league side with no threat of relegation
stable manager
clearly defined and effective playing style

WBA are now where palace should be

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 07:31 AM
If we don't buy a striker today then I will lose all faith in management. We got ourselves into all sorts of trouble having only one left back last season and this is much much worse. We are relying on Benteke to not pick up an injury otherwise we are absolute bankers for relegation.

Mr Palace
31-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Won't sign a rwb

Doubt we will sign keeper

Sakho will be last minute if it happens

Striker

That is my fear. We can't surely not sign a keeper though...

I'll admit that I just don't get our transfer strategy this summer. Hopefully by 11pm it will all make sense though!

Soultime
31-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Fingers crossed but obviously somewhat worried. Lastminute.com

Nigelbrag
31-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Without doubt we Will make signings today, but why oh why do we need to wait until the last minute especially when you still end up paying the original FULL asking price as in the case of Sakho(Liverpool) and panicked into bringing in a Striker that would Not have been your First choice Sakho (West Ham). These are players with fitness issues especially Sakho (striker) can/should we really afford to take that risk in signing potentially a crock, and especially having the equally risky Wickham as our cover strikers is a recipe for problems ahead.
This unfortunately is what happens when business is left until the last moment, panic sets in and players are bought through need and Not by choice, is it really a cost effective way to operate? when will we ever learn.
Last season ended on a high with survival and the thought of a good rebuilding ahead with Big Sam at the helm, then the Bombshell is dropped, and after an initial high with the appointment of FdB and what Might happen, sadly has been downhill since.
Hopefully we will all be uplifted today with a few surprise signings and spirits are lifted, as we have had enough of all the gloom of the past few weeks.

Nostrils
31-08-2017, 07:38 AM
No reason why, but I always wake up hearing Noddy Holder screaming "It's transfer deadline daaaaaaay!". Admittedly the excitement's always that it's going to be over soon, whereas I quite enjoy Christmas.

Calmc
31-08-2017, 07:41 AM
GK : Vorm or skorupski
CB : Sakho or Mangala
RB : Sagna
Winger : Gray or test everton for mirallas
Striker: It will be either Sakho or Tosun i hope for both

Payroll Legend
31-08-2017, 07:43 AM
I think we will play 4 at the back so no WB required.

I think we may end up being stuck with Hennessy.

I reckon we will get Sakho and the Turkish striker

Neillo's Son
31-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Not expecting anything today, other than some departures on loan.

If that's the case and we lose at Burnley, the next home game will be interesting...

FourtyTwo
31-08-2017, 07:47 AM

If that's the case and we lose at Burnley, the next home game will be interesting...

If that's the case, I suspect the next home game won't be managed by FDB!

Stellavista
31-08-2017, 07:51 AM
GK : Vorm or skorupski
CB : Sakho or Mangala
RB : Sagna
Winger : Gray or test everton for mirallas
Striker: It will be either Sakho or Tosun i hope for both

Ha! Someone's going to be pissing on your chips from a great height.

HOVE EAGLE
31-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Bbc say we've bid 23million for mangala
Hope the sakho deal isn't dead
We could end up with nothing��

Yogya
31-08-2017, 07:53 AM

Good thing about everyone being so negative, is that even if we only get a couple of signings today and a few out, expectations are so low that no one on here will be complaining tomorrow

Pubface
31-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Jota to Birmingham for 6 million. Imo we should be all over that.

Riley
31-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Good thing about everyone being so negative, is that even if we only get a couple of signings today and a few out, expectations are so low that no one on here will be complaining tomorrow

Glad you're feeling so positive about the negativity.

Someone will be along to ask whether you're new here in 3,2,1...

Tripod 10
31-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Jota to Birmingham for 6 million. Imo we should be all over that.

Agreed.

CharlieCPFC
31-08-2017, 07:58 AM
We have so much business to do we're setting ourselves up for disaster.

How we're even on deadline day with only one good premier league striker is pretty embarrassing.

We'll probably sign Sakho late on, and get a second rate striker. I'd be extremely disappointed if we only have Hennessy and Speroni in goal, we really need a keeper urgently. If we're persisting with this 343 a RWB is essential or that unbalance of Ward will take us down or get de boer the sack early. And I still think we need another winger, too much reliance on Townsend and Zaha.

palacemetros
31-08-2017, 08:00 AM

Oh, we'll find something to complain about I'm sure. It's what we do. I personally think we will fail to get anyone in or out. Hope I'm wrong about incomers. Hope the outgoings aren't the likes of Cabaye!!:eek:

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 08:02 AM
I think we will play 4 at the back so no WB required.

I think we may end up being stuck with Hennessy.

I reckon we will get Sakho and the Turkish striker

Yep. Think we need those two at the very least. Renders Franks formation and style pretty pointless though.

Think it'll be:
Out
Townsend
Kelly
Lee

In
Sakho
Sagna
Tosun
Adrian

Traveling Eagle
31-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Right now I'm about as disillusioned with Palace as a blind man, on a blind date that's just put his arm around the waist of a 14 stone wobbler.

CaterhamEagle
31-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Yep. Think we need those two at the very least. Renders Franks formation and style pretty pointless though.

Think it'll be:
Out
Townsend
Kelly
Lee

In
Sakho
Sagna
Tosun
Adrian

Hopefully Townsend stays and we rid of Mutch instead

Navigation
31-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Mutch going to Burton Albion according to Mail

Eaglez

Think it'll be:
Out
Townsend
Kelly
Lee

In
Sakho
Sagna
Tosun
Adrian

No Townsend replacement? I think it will be a mistake selling him. Was our best player by a mile against Swansea.

elgin eagle
Hopefully Townsend stays and we rid of Mutch instead

We'll never be rid of him.

Let's have a sweepstake. Pick your likely outs and ins, 7 maximum. 10 points for each one you get right. Winner wins the saga trainers.

desperado
31-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Panic signing day should be avoided so I'm going out all day

When we secured Premier League status Parish said we could look forward to a fifth season in the Premier League and had eighty four days to plan how to break in to the top ten

Eighty three days have passes with nothing happening to show we are likely to stay in the top seventeen let alone break in to the top ten

Hopes of getting bargains on the final day ended after the silly money paid for Neymar Jnr by PSG. Fees have been ramped up since then so little chance of getting the five players we needed eighty four days ago

Goalkeeper: No 1 priority
RB/RWB
Central Defender
Winger/AM
Striker

I'm not hopeful that much meaningful business will be done

RobertCPFC
31-08-2017, 08:16 AM
It's going to be a long day ahead but I feel we will get what we need in the end.

I would like Vorm, Sakho and one other striker but I don't know who. I'm not sure many players will go and I doubt Townsend will.

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 08:21 AM
No Townsend replacement? I think it will be a mistake selling him. Was our best player by a mile against Swansea.

I think we need the cash for sakho mate. Not ideal and robbing Peter to pay Paul a bit but unless we get Gray in part exchange I think we'll be utilising all our hundreds of LWB's instead and moving Wilf right in a 5 man midfield. Anyway i've had all my 7 guesses.

Maidstoned Eagle
31-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Hope, deadwood out, 2 strikers, one keeper, one defender one rwb.

Expectations, **** all

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Hoping for

GK
Central defender - not Sakho too much of a risk
Winger
2 forwards

Think we will get 3 players

fozzaisere
31-08-2017, 08:42 AM
I think alot for us could depend on other clubs doing their business.

If Liverpool get who they want in may be more flexible on Sakho front. All the ramifications of Evans going to city and what happens after that.
This Llorente move to Spurs could pave way for Janssen on loan to us.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 08:44 AM
I think alot for us could depend on other clubs doing their business.

If Liverpool get who they want in may be more flexible on Sakho front. All the ramifications of Evans going to city and what happens after that.
This Llorente move to Spurs could pave way for Janssen on loan to us.

Except we cant loan Janssen

thereichstuff
31-08-2017, 08:45 AM

Think it'll be:
Out
Townsend
Kelly
Lee

In
Sakho
Sagna
Tosun
Adrian

That's looks very plausible, fingers crossed .

steve hail
31-08-2017, 08:47 AM
This has all been left rather too late, and I don't think Palace are a very attractive proposition for most of the players who might have improved the side. I am sure there are good reasons for all this, of which we are unaware, but it is unfortunate.

Crunchie
31-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Without doubt we Will make signings today, but why oh why do we need to wait until the last minute especially when you still end up paying the original FULL asking price as in the case of Sakho(Liverpool) and panicked into bringing in a Striker that would Not have been your First choice Sakho (West Ham). These are players with fitness issues especially Sakho (striker) can/should we really afford to take that risk in signing potentially a crock, and especially having the equally risky Wickham as our cover strikers is a recipe for problems ahead.
This unfortunately is what happens when business is left until the last moment, panic sets in and players are bought through need and Not by choice, is it really a cost effective way to operate? when will we ever learn.
Last season ended on a high with survival and the thought of a good rebuilding ahead with Big Sam at the helm, then the Bombshell is dropped, and after an initial high with the appointment of FdB and what Might happen, sadly has been downhill since.
Hopefully we will all be uplifted today with a few surprise signings and spirits are lifted, as we have had enough of all the gloom of the past few weeks.

How do some people on here simply not understand that we are NOT exactly an overly desirable club (on face value) for players to come to....

If we weren't in London; we'd have even greater problems attracting talent.

We simply have to wait for "bigger" clubs to complete their business before agents / our board can accurately assess who is and who isn't available.

The only reason a player would sign here early in the window, is if essentially we were the only one in for them, or the package we offered was far superior to that of any rival.

The last day of the window is going to be when it the final piece of business occurs for us, and firmly always will be. The board is clearly working on making this happen. Just because the signature is dated the 31st, doesn't mean we didn't commence the business weeks prior.

jmemour
31-08-2017, 08:55 AM
We've already signed two centre backs, at the start of the window I don't think anybody was suggesting we should sign three, with no right backs, no wingers, no strikers and no keeper. To splash the rest of our budget on another centre-back (albeit a very good one!) suggests our business earlier in the summer was horrifically planned, we still need the above (RB, W, ST, GK) and we'll have two and sixpence to get them with.

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Well if rumour on different thread is true , we need another quality winger - Zaha out till January ?

jimmy the gent
31-08-2017, 08:57 AM
In the words of Bob Marley, no keeper, no hope.

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 08:58 AM
That's looks very plausible, fingers crossed .

I really don't want the cocky shit Adrian at Palace but we don't look like getting Blake or indeed anyone decent. Happy with the other 3 though, and indeed the 3 we have already signed. Just don't think we've done enough for a revolutionary change of style, either in or out. Need the leader Sakho more than anyone though.

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 08:59 AM
How do some people on here simply not understand that we are NOT exactly an overly desirable club (on face value) for players to come to....

We simply have to wait for "bigger" clubs to complete their business before agents / our board can accurately assess who is and who isn't available.

The only reason a player would sign here early in the window, is if essentially we were the only one in for them, or the package we offered was far superior to that of any rival.

The last day of the window is going to be when it the final piece of business occurs for us, and firmly always will be. The board is clearly working on making this happen. Just because the signature is dated the 31st, doesn't mean we didn't commence the business weeks prior.

True but maybe if we had a better scouting network constantly looking for up and coming or relatively unknown talent then we could get better value .

silver
31-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Here we go then.

What are your hopes?

Realistically I'd be happy with a first choice goalkeeper (Vorm?), a centre-half (Sakho?) and a striker (Tosun?).

If we end up with Hennessey still between the sticks and Sakho fails to sign it's going to be an incredibly grim day.

Over to you Jim.
I agree.

karl.eldridge
31-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Burton Albion apparently close to signing Mutch....

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 09:03 AM
In the words of Bob Marley, no keeper, no hope.

Don't worry, about a thing...

Pierre
31-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Apart from Sakho last minute I am very concerned about today's outcomes.
When are we going to learn to plan ahead?
Can't even sort out our management let alone the playing squad!
Palace will as ever be in total meltdown again trying to get deals done.

Several Premier clubs will just have a normal day today I bet David Wagners on the golf course!!

aj4england
31-08-2017, 09:09 AM
West Brom bid 23m for Vincent Jaansen :O

xian1
31-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Scattergun approach, pathetic ....

cpfcfan1
31-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Spurs bid for llorente accepted

Gathers54
31-08-2017, 09:17 AM
West Brom bid 23m for Vincent Jaansen :O
Wankers

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Spurs bid for llorente accepted

Bony to Swansea ?

TWELLSEagle
31-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Well if rumour on different thread is true , we need another quality winger - Zaha out till January ?

If Zaha is out until January then we are relegated

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 09:23 AM

yep

Gathers54
31-08-2017, 09:33 AM
He's out until Jan?

Think we need another winger anyway, id take a punt on Adama Traore. He's still young and plenty of time to improve

bigend1
31-08-2017, 09:37 AM

Who said this? Where? ..... :sob:why?:sob:

kadir
31-08-2017, 09:40 AM
It will be very active for us.

Latvian
31-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Hope/required: GK, RB, CB, CF

Expect: no signings.

We will probably get the Dutch Jose Campana, for the one area of the squad where we have depth.

Latvian
31-08-2017, 09:44 AM
It will be very active for us.

Missing out on a dozen players due to failed medicals/agents fees/international clearence... :afro:

exiledeagle1
31-08-2017, 09:45 AM
This is like starting your Christmas shopping at 5 o'clock Christmas Eve.... :(

Kirby
31-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Everton willing to listen to permanent offers for Kevin Mirrallas having rejected loan bids from West Ham and Olympiakos.

Personally think he'd be perfect for us, but he'd probably cost a fair whack.

Bungalow
31-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Hard though it will be I think the best thing is to wait until midnight tonight and see what the facts are. All the chat and rumour today will be tedious and annoying.

I fear it will be the usual less than perfect outcome for us. Not sure we can expect anything else now.

Al From Bromley
31-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Good comment on Twitter just now "Niasse and Mangala - equivalent of buying air fresheners and a sponge at a quarter to midnight on Christmas Eve"

jimos_uk
31-08-2017, 09:53 AM

When you surprise the wife with a bag of charcoal and a can of de-icer!

EagleSE24
31-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Think we'll end up with

Sakho
Niasse
A free agent/loan GK signed after the window.

Pretty underwhelming stuff if that's what happens.

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Think we'll end up with

Sakho
Niasse
A free agent/loan GK signed after the window.

Pretty underwhelming stuff if that's what happens.

= relegation

Nigelbrag
31-08-2017, 10:05 AM

So where did clubs like Huddersfield, Watford, WBA, Burnley, Stoke, Brighton, Swansea and a few others go wrong? none classified as "big" but all able to conduct and conclude their business, whilst we keep thinking who we should be getting.
We can try to find every excuse under the sun for the lack of activity, when the truth is as per normal we keep dragging our feet and hope to pick up what we can at the last moment, it should not be how a premiership club should conduct business. But lets wait and see how things pan out today.

davech
31-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Have I missed something? How is this loan GK going to work? Surely we have to name the three keepers we have. I didn't think we could leave leave a spot open like that?

RednBlue
31-08-2017, 10:10 AM
This is like starting your Christmas shopping at 5 o'clock Christmas Eve.... :(It's worked for me for the last 50 years :supergrin:

cdm61
31-08-2017, 10:20 AM
How is it that b'mouth can spend 40+ yet still bid 25m for gray, 10,000 home gate, and we aren't anywhere near the money?

cdm61
31-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Not if you are going into Poundland for gift vouchers.

PHIL BARBER
How is it that b'mouth can spend 40+ yet still bid 25m for gray, 10,000 home gate, and we aren't anywhere near the money?

Difference between investor owners and benefactors i guess.

Ralph
= relegation

Why?

PHIL BARBER
Not if you are going into Poundland for vouchers.

or the petrol garage after you have got pi..d up.

Ralph
31-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Have I missed something? How is this loan GK going to work? Surely we have to name the three keepers we have. I didn't think we could leave leave a spot open like that?

I think you can bring in a GK if an emergency....should Speroni retire after the window closes....?

whereEaglesFly
31-08-2017, 10:24 AM

Gate receipts are a drop in the ocean compared to TV money

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 10:26 AM

I imagine some of our relegation rivals were probably asking how we could afford 40m on players in January.

Purepalace
31-08-2017, 10:29 AM
2 to 3 coming in today from a "highly placed source" SSN

LDNEAGLE
31-08-2017, 10:33 AM
2 to 3 coming in today.

Niasse, Sakho and a GK

Which still leaves gaping holes in RWB and AMC - not to mention a back up for Wilf if he's out for a while.

exiledeagle1
31-08-2017, 10:36 AM
I think they should make the 'transfer window' open for only one week....what a week that would be. :)

CP-RJW
31-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Gate receipts are a drop in the ocean compared to TV money
But aren't gate reciepts one of the factors that determine how much you can spend whilst abiding by these mythical financial fair play rules?

Purepalace
31-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Fifield tweeting we may need to clear some off wage bill before M Sakho can happen. Bet it's that **** Mutch blocking everything up.

eaglejez
31-08-2017, 10:41 AM
everyone knows a fit Sakho, Townsend, Cabaye and playing 4 at the back keeps us up. Looks like the former is not happening so I'm just hoping for the latter three.

Wilf being out is a shocker as is 0 points after 3 matches so these summer months have unfortunately exceeded my worst expectations. Sad but predictable times :(

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Fifield tweeting we may need to clear some off wage bill before M Sakho can happen. Bet it's that **** Mutch blocking everything up.

take a hammer to his knees and claim on the insurance if he refuses to leave.

Purepalace
31-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Probably should add that the last sentence is mine and not Dominic Fifields :D

WorthingEagle
31-08-2017, 10:49 AM
But aren't gate reciepts one of the factors that determine how much you can spend whilst abiding by these mythical financial fair play rules?

Not really. If the TV money already exceeds the amount you're allowed to spend on wages during a given season, then gate receipts don't matter, other than helping to fund transfer fees or non-football stuff.

Neither us or Bournemouth can magically add and fill 20,000 seats and therefore be able to increase our wage bill by more than 7m year-on-year, so they're pretty much in the same boat as us financially despite their tiny ground.

Of course their owners may well be more generous in terms of funding transfers out of their own pockets, as long as they don't lose 105m over three years they're ok under UEFA's rules too.

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 10:57 AM
INS:

Sakho
Bolasie
Perez
Loan GK from Europe

OUTS:

Townsend
Lee
Mutch
Sako

:D

exiledeagle1
31-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Probably should add that the last sentence is mine and not Dominic Fifields :D

Kirby
31-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Here's my midday prediction:

We'll end up with Niasse, Tosun and finally Sakho very late in the day.

Desperately hoping for a goalkeeper but I really can't see it.

Scrumpy
31-08-2017, 11:28 AM
INS:

Sakho
Bolasie
Perez
Loan GK from Europe

OUTS:

Townsend
Lee
Mutch
Sako

Bolasie is injured until 2018!

Zareba2003
31-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Townsend going nowhere, apart from lunch, according to Townsend and SSN.

Simmo the Elder
31-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Sakho, Sakho, Adrian, Jedinak and Sam.

Martin H
31-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Townsend going nowhere, apart from lunch, according to Townsend and SSN.

Quite liked that one.

davech
31-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I'll come back around 9pm :D

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 11:54 AM
I'll come back around 9pm :D

Why nothing will have changed ;)

FourtyTwo
31-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Sakho
Tosun

versus

Mangala
Niasse

How can we be looking at such polar opposites in terms of how we'll all feel, from one pair to the other?

mb23
31-08-2017, 12:10 PM
We'll get Sakho and Tosun I reckon.

Any more signings will probably come down to getting Mutch and Lee off the wage bill, and the likes of Boateng, Anderson, Kaikai and Ladapo.

With Cabaye confirming he's staying, I wonder whether someone like Puncheon or McArthur could get a late move to free up more wages to bring in a keeper and winger/rwb? Stocked quite high in CM, especially with Jairo and TFM being able to cover.

mylona
31-08-2017, 12:17 PM
I think they should make the 'transfer window' open for only one week....what a week that would be. :)

Why not 1 day?

Wolfnipplechips
31-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Got to take my young boy to Mayday for a physio appointment this afternoon.....I'll keep you all posted. See if anything interesting turns up.

Hector
31-08-2017, 12:23 PM
For the first time I'm doubting Sakho will now be signed, looks like Mangala. If he's the only one then I'm disappointed

Pinkie Brown
31-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Sakho, Sahko, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb

palacea
31-08-2017, 12:39 PM
https://twitter.com/David_Heras/status/903227788332867584

Kirby
31-08-2017, 12:42 PM
@AndyNaylorArgus
BREAKING: Albion's awful window luck continues. Stefano Denswil loan deal off, would you believe an injury at Brugge end. #bhafc

Lolz.

Chris K
31-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Sorry chaps, i've had a hectic day at work so far. Any chance of a quick run down of our goings on please?

AddoWolz
31-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Sorry chaps, i've had a hectic day at work so far. Any chance of a quick run down of our goings on please?

You've missed nothing , we've signed no one .

Kirby
31-08-2017, 01:32 PM

Sakho deal seems to be creeping closer despite rumours of Mangala.

Besiktas have accepted our bid for Tosun. Just waiting on the player.

Niasse back-up plan if we fail to get Tosun.

Wayne Hennessey is going to be our goalkeeper forever.

Chris K
31-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Cheers Kirby

Soarin' Eagles
31-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Have we signed Jack Schit yet?

sydnsteve
31-08-2017, 02:01 PM
As Charles 1 head said, I ain't got no body

Ooh Betty
31-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Less than 8 hours left and still f all happening.

Friskey
31-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Left it too late. Even if we sign two it's nowhere near enough. I just hope that we're still in touching distance come January.

bloodfart
SSN just reported Joniesta has left the Wales camp to join a Championship team on loan

RisZero
Sky - Joniesta has left the Wales camp, expected to go to the championship on loan

xian1
31-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Any chance we get Mangala and Mama if we have a 10 million + buyer for Scott Dann

regal_eagle
31-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Have we signed Jack Schit yet?

That's so 2016. We're now going all out for his Dutch cousin Jekker Schijt.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Any chance we get Mangala and Mama if we have a 10 million + buyer for Scott Dann

Probably a chance

bigend1
31-08-2017, 02:59 PM

I've got a feeling we might get both.

I think someone would have to be going if that's the case

xian1
31-08-2017, 03:01 PM
I've got a feeling we might get both.

I think someone would have to be going if that's the case

Just that Mangala is a good passer but not great in the air, we would still need a leader at the back like Mamadou

LDNEAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Sky - Joniesta has left the Wales camp, expected to go to the championship on loan

To Sunderland

xian1
31-08-2017, 03:02 PM
To Sunderland

Get worse for murder these days lol

Cake and Eat It
31-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Simon Jordan on SSN now

OLD BASING EAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Simon Jordan about to pontificate on the transfer window so far. On SSN.

Joooe
31-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Who's ready for the wisdom of a man who once spunked 2.5m on Shefki Kuqi on deadline day?

RisZero
31-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Arsenal have bid 92m for Lemar :D

mb23
31-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Tosun looking pretty likely now. Reckon he'll be eventually joined by Sakho - the Mangala deal our insurance policy if Sakho falls through.

Pleased we're getting rid of some of the deadwood. Hopefully Lee will follow Mutch and Joniesta. Kaikai, Ladapo, Anderson and Boateng all need to find clubs, but I think I'm right in saying Football League clubs can still loan Prem players outside of the window?

Hopefully we're saving about 50-70k in wages in letting these go. Would love a couple of surprise incomings if that's the case.

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Two loans out for us, no sales apparently.

GreatGonzo
31-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Pleased we're getting rid of some of the deadwood. Hopefully Lee will follow Mutch and Joniesta. Kaikai, Ladapo, Anderson and Boateng all need to find clubs, but I think I'm right in saying Football League clubs can still loan Prem players outside of the window?

No you are not right. At 11pm no-one else moves, loan or sale in England.

MasterYoda
31-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Deadline day is the only day I'm ever an optimistic Palace fan. This is the least optimistic I've ever been since promotion.

FourtyTwo
31-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Two loans out for us, no sales apparently.

Mutch and Williams at a guess then.

No surprises no-one wants any of our squad players on permanent deals - not good enough for the Premier League, too expensive for the Championship. I suspect we will see a lot of rebuilding taking place slowly as contracts expire!

El Aguila
31-08-2017, 03:25 PM

Heady.

DARZET EAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Deadline day is the only day I'm ever an optimistic Palace fan. This is the least optimistic I've ever been since promotion.

Keep Calm have a cup of tea in your Palace mug.

LDNEAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:30 PM

I hear it's 50/50.

... I'll get my coat.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Newcastle have failed to sign a striker, Dwight Gayle must stay

olly cromwell
31-08-2017, 03:49 PM

Kajagoogoo wont let him go

ForzaPalace
31-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Everyone happy with our transfer business of a 20 year old CB who can't jump and 2 loans who won't be here next season then? Because it looks like that's all we're getting.

DARZET EAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Everyone happy with our transfer business of a 20 year old CB who can't jump and 2 loans who won't be here next season then? Because it looks like that's all we're getting.

That's the spirit.

xian1
31-08-2017, 03:52 PM
I would love to be a fly on the wall at Palace HQ ... numerous computer screens, SP, DF reading Twitter updates, opta stats, Youtube clips and an empty draft board ....

WorthingEagle
31-08-2017, 03:59 PM
I would love to be a fly on the wall at Palace HQ ... numerous computer screens, SP, DF reading Twitter updates, opta stats, Youtube clips and an empty draft board ....

Copy of Rothman's Football Yearbook 2014 on standby, Sir....

Latvian
31-08-2017, 04:01 PM
I hear it's 50/50.

... I'll get my coat.

It will go through if there's any justice in this world.

mroakley9
31-08-2017, 04:01 PM

Parish on the BBS PMing glaziers fan asking for transfer recommendations...

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Sakho deal seems to be creeping closer despite rumours of Mangala.

Besiktas have accepted our bid for Tosun. Just waiting on the player.

Niasse back-up plan if we fail to get Tosun.

Wayne Hennessey is going to be our goalkeeper forever.
Tosun deal may not be agreed as thought - report in Standard that they can't agree structure of payments.

Joooe
31-08-2017, 04:03 PM
I would love to be a fly on the wall at Palace HQ ... numerous computer screens, SP, DF reading Twitter updates, opta stats, Youtube clips and an empty draft board ....Live pictures from Palace HQ:

https://i.giphy.com/media/DbV0RlRbSWYBG/giphy.webp

Wolfnipplechips
31-08-2017, 04:05 PM
To Sunderland

Having a medical.:eek:

He's going nowhere.

OLD BASING EAGLE
31-08-2017, 04:05 PM

It's a never ending story.

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Does anyone have the feeling that we are not going to sign anybody ? this is the worst transfer day I can remember.

windy
31-08-2017, 04:16 PM
SJ is starting to look old on SSN!

Lombardo 888
31-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Does anyone have the feeling that we are not going to sign anybody ? this is the worst transfer day I can remember.

Is that Frank's face saving way out?

Granada allover
31-08-2017, 04:21 PM
It will go through if there's any justice in this world.

All that I'm praying for...

Eagle's Nest
31-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Have a feeling now that the Sakho/Mangala situation is a tale of two medicals. So we'll know about that a bit late.

On the rest of it I think we've still got another few hours of big transfers going through before we can move.

LDNEAGLE
31-08-2017, 04:23 PM

Is that Frank's face saving way out?

Only for Pellegrino to come in right Phil?

RisZero
31-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Imagine bidding 92m for a player only for them to turn around and say "Nah I want to go to Liverpool" :D

Al From Bromley
31-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Glad I'm not watching Sky Sports right now. Simon Jordan getting a right slagging on social media and rightly so. He ran one club that he almost put out of business and hasn't been in or around the game since 2010. Why on earth would you have him on as a well-informed pundit with that CV? So many better people they could have on.

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Yawn

Kirby
31-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Glad I'm not watching Sky Sports right now. Simon Jordan getting a right slagging on social media and rightly so. He ran one club that he almost put out of business and hasn't been in or around the game since 2010. Why on earth would you have him on as a well-informed pundit with that CV? So many better people they could have on.

Remember this is the same company that employs Paul Merson and Craig Bellamy.

Kirby
31-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Steve Evans seems to be melting on live TV.

xian1
31-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Christ something has to break soon, we are running out of time ....

Al From Bromley
31-08-2017, 04:56 PM

To be fair though, they've both spent a lot longer in and around the game than SJ, and both represented their country. He's just a chancer who hasn't been employed in football since 2010, just hears and sees the same as us these days but gets to use big words (badly) and advise clubs how they should be run, despite his own lack of success at it, on camera. It's embarrassing.

Worksop Palace
31-08-2017, 05:03 PM

I would have thought you could tell us exactly who we are and aren't bringing in. Mr ITK

spt1978
31-08-2017, 05:09 PM
This is boring.

Buysakho
31-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Doesn't look like much happening apart from the Buckley deal. Oh and Simon Jordan being proper wierd on sky sports.

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 05:11 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2320044/images/o-BAD-KIDS-JOKES-facebook.jpg

Buysakho
31-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Can we sign that dinosaur with no eyes to replace Hennessy?!

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 05:15 PM

:D:D:D:D

Buysakho
31-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Sky sports saying we have agreed deal for striker with Everton .

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Sky sports saying we have agreed deal for striker with Everton .

But Sakho isn't a striker and doesn't play for Everton :(

xian1
31-08-2017, 05:30 PM
BREAKING: Sporting Lisbon's Italian defender Ezequiel Schelotto has agreed to join Brighton and Hove Albion on a permanent deal.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Breaking: PSG confirm Mbappe

Breaking: FFP means **** all

redsox
31-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Sometimes I feel that Palace are just not able to cut it in the premiership and far more suited to the championship

Soarin' Eagles
31-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Breaking: Still no signings

regal_eagle
31-08-2017, 05:49 PM

No eyed deer.

Whoops.

xian1
31-08-2017, 06:46 PM
This Deadline Day is hardly a vote of confidence in FdB

xian1
31-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Arsenal having a mare, no Lemar, Sanchez staying and sulking. At least Liverpool are not getting Virgil Van Dijk after playing hardball with us ....

in-exile
31-08-2017, 06:49 PM
This Deadline Day is hardly a vote of confidence in FdB

Chairman buy so far...he normally has a few.

xian1
31-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Anyone know if we have options to buy either RLC or TFM ?

Martin H
31-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Just wondering - should we be starting another thread for Alex Cairns?

xian1
31-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Apparently Ross Barkley has turned Chelsea down ...

SeanPalace84
31-08-2017, 07:21 PM
why is everyone rejecting Chelsea? Serious question. Champions and in the last few years a desirable club for money grabbers.

st albans
31-08-2017, 07:25 PM
why is everyone rejecting Chelsea? Serious question. Champions and in the last few years a desirable club for money grabbers.

Chamberlain turned them down as he didn't want to play wing back, which is fair enough. Assume Barkley would turn them down as he's competing with Hazard in that no.10 role isn't he? If so, again fair enough

Eaglez
31-08-2017, 07:33 PM
So it looks like we'll sign Sakho, Niasse and the fleetwood keeper. Despite Sakho, disappointing really. Can't see anyone else signing now that hasn't already been mentioned but at least Andros and cabaye are staying put.

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Think we will rue not getting decent cover for Zaha

PeterH
31-08-2017, 07:39 PM

Nothing against Paul Merson. Always seems complimentary towards us.

meee
31-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Nothing against Paul Merson. Always seems complimentary towards us.

He knows a bit about English football. He was the first pundit to realise Zaha is our best player. He seems to be very ignorant of anything outside that though.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Not too late for some last minute spice

Richwak
31-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Still got some foreign loans? Last min?

Gathers54
31-08-2017, 07:54 PM
They're wankers...the costa saga hasn't shown them in the best light.

Liverpool are a club on the up with some decent attacking players, better suited to Chamberlain. Barkley probably wanted Spurs

SeanPalace84
31-08-2017, 08:00 PM
They're wankers...the costa saga hasn't shown them in the best light.

Liverpool are a club on the up with some decent attacking players, better suited to Chamberlain. Barkley probably wanted Spurs

Makes sense!

RisZero
31-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Think we will rue not getting decent cover for Zaha

Chadli still at WBA and unhappy? Could do worse.

Eaglez
31-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Too late for all of that.