PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Eliaquim Mangala

Pages : [1] 2

Stinger1
30-08-2017, 11:46 PM
CRYSTAL PALACE are closing in on a 23million deal to sign Eliaquim Mangala from Manchester City.

The Eagles have turned their attention to the out-of-favour defender after failing to agree terms with Liverpool for Mamadou Sakho.

Palace saw a 25m bid waved away by Anfield chiefs for their No1 target and have suspended their interest.

Liverpool upped the asking price to Sakho to 30m plus add-ons following interest from other Premier League sides.

Mangala, 26, was a surprise name offered to Selhurt chiefs yesterday and they are closing in on a permanent deal for the France defender.

Mangala also a target for West Brom and Inter Milan spent last season on loan at Valencia after being told by City chief Pep Guardiola that he was surplus to requirements at the Etihad.

Now Palace, who have lost their opening three Premier League games under Frank de Boer, are ready to rescue his career.

It is set to be a dramatic deadline day for struggling Palace who are determined to land a centre-back.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4358498/crystal-palace-eliaquim-mangala-mahmadou-sakho/

Kirby
30-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Convinced we'll still get Sakho, but this wouldn't be a bad alternative at all. On another level from our current centre-halves, despite a few hairy moments in his first season at City.

PHIL BARBER
30-08-2017, 11:47 PM
This proves that nobody has a clue oh Sh...t what will tomorrow bring ?

mroakley9
30-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Is Steve trying to sign a different black French defender and hope that we don't realise it's not Sakho? Because I won't be falling for that scam.

GorBlimey
30-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Rattling Liverpool's cage.

Ooh Betty
30-08-2017, 11:51 PM
For f cks sake

PHIL BARBER
30-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Rattling Liverpool's cage.

F......k Liverpool hope it back fires on them they have a player knocking about the place that they don't want.

Martin H
30-08-2017, 11:55 PM
I know it's sacrilege around here but I would prefer Mangala. Should be less risk re injury, younger I think? Was a bit unlucky to be blamed for all the problems in Man City defence. But more experience now and TBH his mistakes look trivial compared to ours - oops

Snap their hands off if they agree price.

Kidofwonder
30-08-2017, 11:56 PM
would be happy with Mangala

mb23
30-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Telegraph reported that WBA were after Mangala as part of the Evans deal. Tghe Sun also said we were going to sign Wimmer.

Can't believe that for once I agree with Phil Barber - no one has a clue what's going on.

Would take Mangala though.

RisZero
30-08-2017, 11:57 PM
From what ive seen... I think Mangala has more mistakes in him, but either should be an upgrade. Still think this is just us playing games though.

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Good player but if we sign him I can't see the price being near 23m

LLCOOLSTEVE
31-08-2017, 12:18 AM
saw him play in person for Valencia last season

was pretty pants, lthough once highly rated obviously

jimmy the gent
31-08-2017, 12:45 AM
He's awful for that money. This must be a dummy for the Sahko bid. If we spend 90% of what buys Sahko on this bum, we really are doomed.

Gregz41
31-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Looks like a bluff to get 'Pool for some kind of compromise with Sakho.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 01:19 AM
I know it's sacrilege around here but I would prefer Mangala. Should be less risk re injury, younger I think? Was a bit unlucky to be blamed for all the problems in Man City defence. But more experience now and TBH his mistakes look trivial compared to ours - oops

According to wikipedia Mangala is exactly 1 year younger, to the day!
From the sound of another report I read about this, it sounds like there is a chance he would turn us down anyway.

danpalace07
31-08-2017, 02:46 AM
Today is going to be shit ain't it

23m on this donkey, allow it ffs

cpfcfan1
31-08-2017, 03:11 AM
According to the Beeb gossip, he doesn't want to move to West Brom as part of the Evans deal so won't want to come here!

Slimbloke'H'
31-08-2017, 03:30 AM
saw him play in person for Valencia last season

was pretty pants, lthough once highly rated obviously

Hang on... you played Valencia last season? Did I read that right?

Sir.S.C Remembered
31-08-2017, 04:48 AM
Raw

Ralph
31-08-2017, 04:52 AM
Sahko was considered a bit of a donkey by some at Liverpool.

danpalace07
31-08-2017, 05:06 AM

rated by most of their fans, unlike Mangala

orp pisshead1
31-08-2017, 05:10 AM

Really? The few reds that i know are fuming he's not in their starting line up.

orp pisshead1
31-08-2017, 05:11 AM
Mangala bloody hell adding mediocrity to more mediocrity:wallbash:

eagle-leg
31-08-2017, 05:11 AM
Hang on... you played Valencia last season? Did I read that right?

Just sounds to me like he went to watch a valencia game last season.

Re Mangala.... im just hoping this is being used to get liverpool to agree to what we have put to them.

Unfortunately liverpool seem pretty pig headed when negotiating.

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Excellent pedigree but I'm not sure he is the leader that Sakho is. Hopefully all part of the negotiation process. It does worry me that as the price goes higher it is then suggested we are looking for a free transfer gk. I think we have wasted to much time on this when we can't actually afford it. Although Sakho is brilliant I don't think we should be blowing our entire transfer budget on him. Would have been better to take the 30m and buy a GK, Striker and defender.

orp pisshead1
31-08-2017, 05:23 AM
Excellent pedigree but I'm not sure he is the leader that Sakho is. Hopefully all part of the negotiation process. It does worry me that as the price goes higher it is then suggested we are looking for a free transfer gk. I think we have wasted to much time on this when we can't actually afford it. Although Sakho is brilliant I don't think we should be blowing our entire transfer budget on him. Would have been better to take the 30m and buy a GK, Striker and defender.

Agree with all of that :p

chelmsfordeagle
31-08-2017, 05:34 AM
Whilst that would be nice chamberlain has just gone for 40 mil and walker for 50. What standard players do you expect to get when buying 3 for 30mil?

Ralph
31-08-2017, 05:34 AM
Really? The few reds that i know are fuming he's not in their starting line up.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04/mamadou-sakhos-spurs-nightmare-raises-fresh-doubts-frenchman/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/unorthodox-efficient-unbalanced-effective-defender-planet-barton-lineker-full-praise-mamadou-sakho/amp/

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 05:38 AM
He's pony

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 05:47 AM
Whilst that would be nice chamberlain has just gone for 40 mil and walker for 50. What standard players do you expect to get when buying 3 for 30mil?

I think West Brom have done some excellent business. Gibbs 7m, Jay Rodriguez 15m, Barry 1m. Apart from Rodriguez these aren't exact positions we need but it shows it can be done.

Friskey
31-08-2017, 06:05 AM
He's a good player.

Most of you said Sakho was shite when we signed him.

orp pisshead1
31-08-2017, 06:16 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04/mamadou-sakhos-spurs-nightmare-raises-fresh-doubts-frenchman/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/unorthodox-efficient-unbalanced-effective-defender-planet-barton-lineker-full-praise-mamadou-sakho/amp/

Everyone has a stinker now n then.

Liam_Palace
31-08-2017, 06:51 AM
BBC Sport reporting this now

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Ornstein reporting we've had bid accepted as Liverpool not budging in sakho

Mr Palace
31-08-2017, 06:56 AM
He's a bit of an over priced donkey. Maybe he would be better for us than he was at city but he looked hopeless for them.

AddoWolz
31-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Good grief we truly are a basket case.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 06:58 AM
He's a bit of an over priced donkey. Maybe he would be better for us than he was at city but he looked hopeless for them.

Yep. He's shite.

Ornstien said wba want mangala.. he's there 1st choice.. we want sakho, he wants us but scousers being tossers..

Hopefully this forces wba to bid for mangala giving us clear run at sakho

RCUK
31-08-2017, 07:01 AM
I see this as a stalking horse for the sakho bid. Liverpool won't want to be stuck with a player til Jan at 100k a week - that's 3 or 4m there alone.

henryhallandhisbasque
31-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Just let me know when it falls through like the rest of today's other 'business'. I'm also available for 1st choice goalkeeper duties and a 2nd choice striker role in return for a crate of Vedett and a year's supply of Dominos pizza vouchers.

Mr Palace
31-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Yep. He's shite.

Ornstien said wba want mangala.. he's there 1st choice.. we want sakho, he wants us but scousers being tossers..

Hopefully this forces wba to bid for mangala giving us clear run at sakho

Really hope so. Sakho is the one we need to lead the defence.

danpalace07
31-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Evans to City, Mangala to WBA, Liverpool to cave in and accept the 25m from us for Mama

please make it happen transfer jesus

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Evans to City, Mangala to WBA, Liverpool to cave in and accept the 25m from us for Mama

please make it happen transfer jesus

I'd imagine that's the plan

Hector
31-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Talksport saying We have bid 20m for Mangala after failing to get Sakho but the player doesn't fancy the move?

Worksop Palace
31-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Talksport saying We have bid 20m for Mangala after failing to get Sakho but the player doesn't fancy the move?

Good

20m is absolutely barking for him

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 07:28 AM
http://bit.ly/2017DDay

Not interested in us

a9lpc
31-08-2017, 07:31 AM
Surely this is our counter move after pulis trying to derail our sakho situation

tsunamiman
31-08-2017, 07:33 AM
If late evening rolls around and he doesn't have another option he'll change his mind.

World Cup year and all that.

Langers
31-08-2017, 07:34 AM
I see this as a stalking horse for the sakho bid. Liverpool won't want to be stuck with a player til Jan at 100k a week - that's 3 or 4m there alone.

And we cannot afford 30m for Sakho

Mad Raschic Ken
31-08-2017, 07:35 AM
I understand why we're after Sakho. He had a great period with us and showed real leadership. He's worth spending serious money on if he can re-produce that sort of impact this season.

I don't get the Mangala interest at all though. I'm not saying that he's not a good player, or even that his not better than our current defenders. I'm sure he is. However, we are well stocked in that area - especially if we switch to a back four, which we certainly should do. Dann and Fosu-Mensah would make a good partnership. Beyond that we have Tomkins (assuming the injury isn't too bad) and Riedewald / Kelly (not bad as a 4th/5th choice despite his errors so far) and then Luka able to step in if required. After that there's always the old boy Damo.

At the other end of the scale we have a single striker, when pretty much every other PL team will have four, three senior wingers (one not good enough, one injured and one potentially on his way out), and two goalkeepers (neither good enough). We could do with a better right back too.

Even spending a big chunk of our funds on Sakho is questionable in these circumstances. Spending them on another centre back is crazy when there are so many real gaps to plug.

Banger
31-08-2017, 07:38 AM
No from me. Reckon this chap will think he is too good for us. That's why we all want Sakho as we know he doesn't and will fit in! Not sure where we will go if neither are options. Interesting day ahead.

a9lpc
31-08-2017, 07:39 AM
I don't think we actually want him, I think its transfer games

tsunamiman
31-08-2017, 07:45 AM
No from me. Reckon this chap will think he is too good for us. That's why we all want Sakho as we know he doesn't and will fit in! Not sure where we will go if neither are options. Interesting day ahead.

Didnt people say this about Sakho before he joined?

MFBias
31-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Good grief we truly are a basket case.

This is obviously a leaked story by us to encourage Liverpool to drop their valuation of Sahko.

bloodfart
31-08-2017, 07:50 AM
on SSN

BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace have made a bid to sign Manchester City's Eliaquim Mangala, according to Sky sources.

Despite reports elsewhere, it has NOT been rejected. However, they're still hoping to sign Mamadou Sakho from Liverpool who remains their first choice.

MFBias
31-08-2017, 07:52 AM
I understand why we're after Sakho. He had a great period with us and showed real leadership. He's worth spending serious money on if he can re-produce that sort of impact this season.

I don't get the Mangala interest at all though. I'm not saying that he's not a good player, or even that his not better than our current defenders. I'm sure he is. However, we are well stocked in that area - especially if we switch to a back four, which we certainly should do. Dann and Fosu-Mensah would make a good partnership. Beyond that we have Tomkins (assuming the injury isn't too bad) and Riedewald / Kelly (not bad as a 4th/5th choice despite his errors so far) and then Luka able to step in if required. After that there's always the old boy Damo.

At the other end of the scale we have a single striker, when pretty much every other PL team will have four, three senior wingers (one not good enough, one injured and one potentially on his way out), and two goalkeepers (neither good enough). We could do with a better right back too.

Even spending a big chunk of our funds on Sakho is questionable in these circumstances. Spending them on another centre back is crazy when there are so many real gaps to plug.

Plus when we go back to 4 at the back if de Boer goes we will be stocked with CBs.

If we dont't sign a striker or a goalkeeper this window, that would be highly questionable of the board and management.

Ian Hart
31-08-2017, 07:53 AM
He is one of the most overrated defenders I have ever seen. A joke of a player, who looks like he has trouble sorting his legs out

HOVE EAGLE
31-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Bbc say he doesn't want to come to us anyway
We need sakho will be annoyed if we don't get him

Maximus
31-08-2017, 07:56 AM
I can only see this as a negotiation tactic for Sakho; but we need to be serious no tactic is worth this if the Sakho deal falls through and we end up with Mangala he is mistake ridden, he will take time to find his own confidence, let alone lift the team and be a rock at the back. This would be an expensive flawed negotiation tactic if we didn't get Sakho.

JackTheBiscuit
31-08-2017, 07:59 AM
He is one of the most overrated defenders I have ever seen. A joke of a player, who looks like he has trouble sorting his legs out

Agreed. And we are not stocked with centre backs;

Tomkins - made of glass and constantly injured

Dann - looks to be on a rapid decline

Delaney - Well past it at this level

Kelly - Fine alongside Sakho but wouldn't trust him otherwise

Jairo - shot to pieces. Valerian Ismael mark 2

Fosu - M - RWB?

PremierPalace
31-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Agreed. And we are not stocked with centre backs;

Tomkins - made of glass and constantly injured

Dann - looks to be on a rapid decline

Delaney - Well past it at this level

Kelly - Fine alongside Sakho but wouldn't trust him otherwise

Jairo - shot to pieces. Valerian Ismael mark 2

Fosu - M - RWB?

Jairo's played one game, how can you say he's shot to pieces ffs?! He made ONE mistake

CoDownEagle
31-08-2017, 08:05 AM
I think this clearly indicates the sakho deal is dead, we have made our final offer early as an extensive medical would be required, it was rejected and now we are moving on to other options.

whereEaglesFly
31-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Bbc say he doesn't want to come to us anyway
We need sakho will be annoyed if we don't get him

How is he overrated? Nobody rates him

TWELLSEagle
31-08-2017, 08:13 AM
I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that there would be some way of circumventing the process and signing him in time with medical happening after the window, could have a clause to cancel the deal?

Hector
31-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Jairo's played one game, how can you say he's shot to pieces ffs?! He made ONE mistake

More like not nearly ready for the Premier League but with Palace situation right now I wouldn't be surprised if he went and started 20 games on the bounce or never played again for us

JackTheBiscuit
31-08-2017, 08:23 AM

OK - an assumption on my part but it wasn't just one mistake he was bullied all over the park and looked totally unsuited to this league much like Ismael/Leaburn all those years ago.

Riley
31-08-2017, 08:23 AM

And he wasn't even as bad in that as some make out.

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 08:25 AM
I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that there would be some way of circumventing the process and signing him in time with medical happening after the window, could have a clause to cancel the deal?

player registration won't allow you to circum navigate the deal this way.

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 08:28 AM
I think this clearly indicates the sakho deal is dead, we have made our final offer early as an extensive medical would be required, it was rejected and now we are moving on to other options.

It's smoke and mirrors.

Ralph
31-08-2017, 08:29 AM

I believe it does.

You sign the player but have the right to cancel the deal within a timeframe of the window closing.

PremierPalace
31-08-2017, 08:32 AM
OK - an assumption on my part but it wasn't just one mistake he was bullied all over the park and looked totally unsuited to this league much like Ismael/Leaburn all those years ago.

The whole team was at times though to be fair. He didn't stop Mounie for their first and that was his bad, but he's 20 and just moved to a new team in a new country. He's got bags of potential and I just feel uncomfortable completely writing him off

PremierPalace
31-08-2017, 08:34 AM
More like not nearly ready for the Premier League but with Palace situation right now I wouldn't be surprised if he went and started 20 games on the bounce or never played again for us

Our entire team wasn't ready that day though, which didn't help a young guy playing his prem debut in a new team. If de Boer goes I can see him not playing and going somewhere else eventually.. he will either then fulfill his potential and we will think 'what if' or he will never live up to his promise. Many of us were excited about the signing and I just don't want to give up faith on a young lad who's played one game for us

Lombardo's hair
31-08-2017, 08:35 AM

Erm you are wrong. Heard yesterday that clubs can now sign players subject to a medical if need be

Lombardo's hair
31-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Our entire team wasn't ready that day though, which didn't help a young guy playing his prem debut in a new team. If de Boer goes I can see him not playing and going somewhere else eventually.. he will either then fulfill his potential and we will think 'what if' or he will never live up to his promise. Many of us were excited about the signing and I just don't want to give up faith on a young lad who's played one game for us

Too right. One bad game and your finished with some people.. Where would gareth bale be now if rednapp felt the same.

*CPFC*
31-08-2017, 08:37 AM
It's smoke and mirrors.
Yes I think the same, still think Sakho will come - possibly wishful thinking :-|

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Yes I think the same, still think Sakho will come - possibly wishful thinking :-|

Fingers crossed!

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Not sure about Mangala only seen few times but looked error proned . Fully agree about Sakho . He has not played that much for 4 seasons . Picks up injuries too easily and falls out with Managers . Also had no pre season . He is too much of a risk and I just feel he will miss too many matches , stay well clear .

exiledeagle
31-08-2017, 09:43 AM
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=footballer+mangala+video&view=detail&mid=A38797631697DE9A7EC3A38797631697DE9A7EC3&FORM=VIRE

bigend1
31-08-2017, 09:49 AM
I think he's replaced wimmer as our blag for Liverpool and also may serve as a back up plan.

Also makes life easier if wba and palace agree they don't want to get into a bidding war so I'd expect us to get one each. With Sakho publicly keen on palace I'd fancy us to get him ultimately.

Biggest risk is if Liverpool/parish/West Brom are stubborn to the point it fails. Obviously someone has to give in this stalemate hopefully everyone does a little bit in a face saving way

kadir
31-08-2017, 10:01 AM
He's a very good defender. Absolutely useful.

Ralph
31-08-2017, 10:13 AM
TalkSPORT talking as if we're signing this guy and NOT Sahko.

mroakley9
31-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Talksport can lick me where I shit

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE
31-08-2017, 10:31 AM

We may get both:eek:

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Big gamble especially if he doesn't fancy coming to us, never really seen him play that many times is he any good ?

Lombardo 888
31-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Makes negotiating sense to make Liverpool think we are interested in someone else.

danibutcher
31-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Decent defender but not convinced he has the influence & leadership skills we'd get with Sakho.

DARZET EAGLE
31-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Talksport can lick me where I shit

Blimey desparate times.:eek:

dowieslovechild
31-08-2017, 10:44 AM
This season's Batshuayi. Not coming in a million years. We're just a pawn in the game of chess between City and West Brom. Evans to City, Mangala to Baggies.

TheCharmer1
31-08-2017, 11:00 AM
L'Equipe says he's asked Palace for time to consider his options

Hector
31-08-2017, 11:02 AM

Yep he don't fancy us but will come if its the only thing left

Shipp Ahoy!
31-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Interesting, basically I want to see if I get a better offer...

On one hand if we want him then offers hope. On the other, do we want a player who will only come to us as the last resort?

switchboard
31-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Interesting, basically I want to see if I get a better offer...

On one hand if we want him then offers hope. On the other, do we want a player who will only come to us as the last resort?

Sakho was rumoured to have done the same last year, I remember posting pretty angrily that he could do one but he turned out okay.

Selhurst Celtic
31-08-2017, 11:14 AM
never really seen him play that many times is he any good ?

He's black, so he probably eats bananas and water melon and stuff. Will that be okay with you?

Kylie_Tracey
31-08-2017, 11:16 AM

this is whats worrying me, we are probably going to end up with neither him nor Sakho

switchboard
31-08-2017, 11:18 AM
He's black, so he probably eats bananas and water melon and stuff. Will that be okay with you?

Ticks all the boxes for Neil 'love a big strong black fella' Warnock

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 11:27 AM

thats an ignorant racist stereotype.

Koreans eat Dogs and Cats cultural fact

so who's the racist you or me , quite evidently you.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
31-08-2017, 11:28 AM

:D

Selhurst Celtic
31-08-2017, 11:30 AM
thats an ignorant racist stereotype.

Koreans eat Dogs and Cats cultural fact

so who's the racist you or me , quite evidently you.

:D

Jim Cannon
31-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Makes negotiating sense to make Liverpool think we are interested in someone else.

You see I do not buy this. Unless we can actually say to Liverpool we have agreed a fee for another player who has also actually said he will sign for us we have nothing to go to them with

Glazier69
31-08-2017, 12:09 PM
With "Quim" in his name he should be signing for Scunthorpe! Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a pussy....

thomasbroad
31-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Manchester City have accepted Crystal Palace's 20m bid for Eliaquim Mangala
From The Telegraph...

igl
31-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Yes, and it appears City fans are laughing their arses off... they reckon he's awful!

GB2506
31-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes, and it appears City fans are laughing their arses off... they reckon he's awful!

I reckon he is awful!!!

Palace Bear
31-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Yeah but they are used to Kompany not Kelly.

hedge end eagle
31-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I am sure this is the back up option in case we don't sign sakho

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Man City spent 43m on him so jokes on them really. We will have Sakho and maybe Mangala as well. They still ship goals for fun despite all that oil money they've spent.

igl
31-08-2017, 12:31 PM
haha - we certainly won't get both if we are using FFP as an excuse not to spend money! I think we will end up with Mangala despite Sakho being the one that everyone wants.

carter
31-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Man City spent 43m on him so jokes on them really. We will have Sakho and maybe Mangala as well. They still ship goals for fun despite all that oil money they've spent.

maybe Mangala as well? We ain't gonna sign Sakho and then this chump. That's close to 50M. That's just ridiculous

Lydder
31-08-2017, 12:32 PM
We need the character and leadership of Sahko, not this guy.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Not gonna lie though, Sakho + Mangala would be complete beast mode at the back :D

Kidofwonder
Mangala and Sakho would be the best CB partnership we've ever had and them in a 3 with Jairo would be awesome

Payroll Legend
We need the character and leadership of Sahko, not this guy.

Sakho's influence throughout the team was so important last season. I agree

hedge end eagle

:eek:

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm saying maybe because I have no idea, obviously won't happen haha. Depends who is sold

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Not gonna lie though, Sakho + Mangala would be complete beast mode at the back :D

It would be ridiculous. Calamity galore hahaha. The image of this in my head is both amazing and frightening.

AJ's right boot
31-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Manchester City have made another bid for Sanchez, extra bunce from Palace??

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 12:38 PM
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palaces-20m-eliaquim-mangala-bid-accepted-by-manchester-city-a3623981.html

PauLo
31-08-2017, 12:40 PM
What did the Valencia fans think of him last season? How did they do?

beef
There are Liverpool fans who think Sakho is crap. Just because he's not up to Man City standards doesn't mean he couldn't do a job for us.

tsunamiman
Peoples negativity on this thread reminds me of the Sakho one from January....

RisZero
31-08-2017, 12:41 PM
There are Liverpool fans who think Sakho is crap. Just because he's not up to Man City standards doesn't mean he couldn't do a job for us.

I agree, he definitely has a mistake in him but we are a club that has been playing Kelly!

Far East Eagle
31-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Wants to go to Inter Milan, Citeh want him to go to West Brom so they can bring Evans in, according to 5Live

AJ
31-08-2017, 01:26 PM
He never seems to struggle when playing against us, which is how he should be rated. Also, is Johnny Evans worth 10m more than him?

aj4england
31-08-2017, 01:33 PM
He never seems to struggle when playing against us, which is how he should be rated. Also, is Johnny Evans worth 10m more than him?

UK quotas for European championship squads i guess. "homegrown player rule".

AddoWolz
31-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Wants to go to Inter Milan, Citeh want him to go to West Brom so they can bring Evans in, according to 5Live

He's can go anywhere he likes as long as it's not us , he really is pony.

aj4england
31-08-2017, 01:39 PM
On his way for a medical, looks like this one might go through.

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 01:39 PM
18m deal agreed according to the mirror.

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Think he is solid player, would prefer Sakho of course but if this turns out to be a consolation prize it's really not bad

bigend1
31-08-2017, 01:42 PM
18m deal agreed according to the mirror.

We should hold off on this one

23m at 10am

20m at 1pm

18m at 2:30pm

By 10pm tonight he'll be on a free!

SEEPEEEFFSEE
31-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Surely means the end of Sakho

KungFuCharlie
31-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Little big younger, fair bit cheaper, less injury prone than Sakho. Similar pedigree. Sounds ok to me.

bigend1
On his way for a medical, looks like this one might go through.

Where did you hear that?

ebyeeckeagle
He's can go anywhere he likes as long as it's not us , he really is pony.

The whole back line at Man City look shambolic at times. As AJ said above, never struggled against us! That isn't a great endorsement, I know.

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 01:47 PM
If the 18m is true that is a significant discount to Sakho. Could buy a new goalkeeper with the discount.

mikeywm3
31-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Or is this just a shot across Liverpool's bow, to say "Sell us Sakho already or we're doing this."

DARZET EAGLE
31-08-2017, 01:48 PM
If the 18m is true that is a significant discount to Sakho. Could buy a new goalkeeper with the discount.

The 10m saving could be for Tenk or Niasse.

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 01:49 PM
I think the defence at MC due to the style that PG is trying to get them to play oops, we know someone like that, I really don't know enough about him to comment though, seems better value and we do love value.

bigend1
Surely means the end of Sakho

Unless Tomkins or Dann is off? No noises to that effect though

daverambo2
Didn't this guy cost city 46m in the first place?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 01:50 PM
City trying to fund Sanchez?

Chris K
31-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Or is this just a shot across Liverpool's bow, to say "Sell us Sakho already or we're doing this."

I'd actually say bollocks to Sakho unless he'll be the same price. We've got over holes to fill and this frees up 10m

aj4england
31-08-2017, 01:52 PM
More City trying to fund Johnny Evans.

Wouldn't be surprised if we signed Mangala and went back in late for Sakho

Stockport_Eagle
31-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Didn't this guy cost city 46m in the first place?

City would pay 30m for Mutch....means nowt how much they paid (Sterling 50m then!)

TheCharmer1
31-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Instead of Sackho, but feels like a gamble based on his Man City form. But young and at least he's fit, but is he a leader? We are missing that too at the back

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I think the defence at MC due to the style that PG is trying to get them to play oops, we know someone like that, I really don't know enough about him to comment though, seems better value and we do love value.

Never stopped you before though did it

TWELLSEagle
31-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Say 25 no adds now or we sign mangala. If they don't accept them sign mangala and then offer 15m at 11.59

bigend1
31-08-2017, 01:54 PM
If he is actually on his way for a medical I think city would have wanted assurances we're serious and he's not just a ploy for Sakho.

He's not in their plans and they'd want to sell him if they've accepted that offer so won't want to be sending him to us so late in the day as that'll make it very hard for him to sign for anyone else by the deadline

If he's coming for the medical I think he'll sign. You'd think that means no Sakho but if Steve thinks he's an investment at that price then maybe the board have agreed to fund it in addition to our budget. They've previously said they'd do that for players that represent value and an investment they'd at least get back

Chris K
31-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Say 25 no adds now or we sign mangala. If they don't accept them sign mangala and then offer 15m at 11.59

Good plan but the window shuts at 11pm

solpadeine
31-08-2017, 01:56 PM

23m at 10am

20m at 1pm

More like 6-8m at that rate.

Zulu84

Haha, but that would be such a Palace plan wouldn't it

OLD BASING EAGLE
More City trying to fund Johnny Evans.

Wouldn't be surprised if we signed Mangala and went back in late for Sakho

Really can't see us signing both. With Tosun on his way and still a goalkeeper needed.

jimmy the gent
31-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Not remotely in Sahko's class. Having a player of Sahko's ability being excited about joining us, and not acting on it is a massive wasted opportunity.

GreatGonzo
31-08-2017, 01:57 PM

Maybe he was working in GMT? ;)

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 01:59 PM

23m at 10am

20m at 1pm

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if we were paying around 14m up front for him.

bigend1
31-08-2017, 02:01 PM
More like 6-8m at that rate.

Started at 1m per hour drop

Then 2.6m per hour

At that rate the next step is 5.6m per hour and so

Not linear...

They could pay us!

What?
31-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Dann to WBA which funds this move and enables us to sign Sakho as well.

Stockport_Eagle
31-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Mangala and Sakho would solve at least some of the goalkeeper issue :p

fozzaisere
He is one year younger than Sakho so not sure why he is "young" etc.

Anybody know how he did for Valencia? They were a shambles at back last few years but that could be by product of coach changes and the mess they have been in.

Possibly he wants alot less wages and the fee is less meaning we can add one or two more instead of Sakho and nothing.

Martin H
The Mail seems to have a lot of detail in latest article re fee and terms (FFS not sure how we could afford that if its right but....).

So a cynic at the best of times and suspicious about everything today - is there anyone that knows if fees and personal terms really have been agreed and then I assume he needs a medical? i.e. really knows anything rather than the b****x.

Stavros 69
31-08-2017, 02:03 PM
I'd rather sign Evans

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Really not sure of mangala.. looked poor at city.. looked ok at Valencia.. and is wanted but some decent teams.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 02:06 PM
And city fans think we are having our pants pulled down

JAS78
31-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Sakho is going to end up at west brom to cap a fantastic start to the season :sob:

JAS78
31-08-2017, 02:07 PM
wtf do man city want Evans? He's decent but not top class

bigend1
31-08-2017, 02:09 PM
120k a week agreed with player according to mail!

Latvian
31-08-2017, 02:09 PM
wtf do man city want Evans? He's decent but not top class

Bang average but UK raised/trained I suppose?

Danny boy
31-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Peoples negativity on this thread reminds me of the Sakho one from January....

Spot on.

jimmy the gent
31-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Mangala really is poor for that price and wages. He really is nothing special and has never looked remotely convincing at City. Just put in for Sahko and sign an exceptional player instead.

AJ8
I'm starting to think we've got a little bit more spending money than some would want us to believe...

4 cryingOutloud
Unless Tomkins or Dann is off? No noises to that effect though

Tompkins ain't off anywhere with his injury that will keep him out for weeks, and Dann's to good to let go.

TWELLSEagle
I'd rather mangala than Evans. I'd rather smalling than Evans.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Still think he is better than what we have (certainly better than the worst we have been playing) so if it had to be Mangala thats fine by me.

Thefunkymonk
Spot on.

He may be poor by city standards.. but be fantastic for us. I'm going to reserve judgement

Absolution
18m seems a lot for a player who has yet to show he can actually defend?

If this bleeding poor excuse for a football club had any sort of cohesive plan we wouldn't be in this mess. I'm including the appointment of the manager in this as well and the on-field strategy.

The whole pre-season has been a huge waste of time for all involved.

Martin H
31-08-2017, 02:15 PM
And city fans think we are having our pants pulled down

But they are not happy with anyone now days. They have got right up their own **** since they have been minted.

If we turn Mangala into a villiain before he is kicked a ball we just make everything worse.

Heath eagle
Poor mans sakho

DARZET EAGLE
Wait...patience you may wish to comment after 11.00pm.

RisZero
31-08-2017, 02:16 PM

If this bleeding poor excuse for a football club had any sort of cohesive plan we wouldn't be in this mess. I'm including the appointment of the manager in this as well and the on-field strategy.

This is similar alot of peoples reactions to Sakho last Jan, like back then he is nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Yes has a mistake in him... still a massive improvement for the squad.

Also 18m is alot less than I would have expected him to cost given prices elsewhere.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 02:18 PM
But they are not happy with anyone now days. They have got right up their own **** since they have been minted.

If we turn Mangala into a villiain before he is kicked a ball we just make everything worse.

I agree..

But people will compare to sakho immediately

Martin H
31-08-2017, 02:20 PM
I agree..

But people will compare to sakho immediately

But people do need to grow up a little (some hope).

CaterhamEagle
31-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Everyone is so skewed by Sakho on this. If it weren't for this being an alternative the reaction would be far more positive imo.

Malarkey
31-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Everyone is so skewed by Sakho on this. If it weren't for this being an alternative the reaction would be far more positive imo.

SAKHO

dasboy
Mangala is a very good player - struggled at first but was ok after. Probably not quite up to a top four team but better than what we have got.
Plus he is fit whereas Sakho is still recovering from injury and may not be as good as before - bit of a gamble.
One good thing is it will leave Liverpool with the player whose value will keep falling all the time he is not playing. Serves them right.
Cant see WBA going for Sakho - no way they could meet his wage demands.

4 cryingOutloud

Off you go then.:hi:

NickinOx
31-08-2017, 02:22 PM

I agree. How often do we turn up our nose at a French international? Also, as good as Sakho was for us he is injured, and we don't actually know when he will be fit to play.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 02:23 PM

Probably right

CaptainCharisma
What if we signed mangala AND sakho! Not going to happen of course, but would make our defence very different!

Absolution
This is similar alot of peoples reactions to Sakho last Jan, like back then he is nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Yes has a mistake in him... still a massive improvement for the squad.

Also 18m is alot less than I would have expected him to cost given prices elsewhere.Sakho was a competent starter for Liverpool, who fell out with the manager?

Mangala has been a failure for Man City.

chatham_eagle
31-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Quim.

PHIL BARBER
31-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Sakho was a competent starter for Liverpool, who fell out with the manager?

Yes puts a spin on it when you put it like that.

RCUK
31-08-2017, 02:25 PM
I want sakho .... we like him.

This is like when they replaced Becky in Rosanne, sure the new Becky was okay, but wasnt the old Becky.

She may have been even better, but the original Becky was better.

FMH57
31-08-2017, 02:26 PM
What if we signed mangala AND sakho! Not going to happen of course, but would make our defence very different!

It wouldn't if you still have Hennessey stuck behind them. 20 million plus on centre backs , 14 million on left backs and you have a 1.6m Wolves reject stuck behind them . :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash:

Ogilvy
31-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Frank ' so Steve despite the fact we urgently need a keeper and striker and you think I'm tactically inept, can we buy a couple of Centre backs for 50 mill'

Parish ' bang up for that franky, I'll just buzz the yanks'

DARZET EAGLE
31-08-2017, 02:29 PM
I want sakho .... we like him.

This is like when they replaced Becky in Rosanne, sure the new Becky was okay, but wasnt the old Becky.

She may have been even better, but the original Becky was better.

Eh? Get your drift mate, but clearly ther's not much news on Sakho.:rolleyes:

FourtyTwo
31-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Speaking to a Man City fan at work, who reckons that Mangala is a solid centre back that doesn't fit in at Man City due to not being a "ball player". Fits right in with what we should be looking for by the sound of it!

BillyTKid
31-08-2017, 02:30 PM
I think this might be a brilliantly executed operation to call Liverpools bluff.

Spanton
31-08-2017, 02:31 PM
SAHKO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

Kidofwonder
31-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Both would be perfecf for a Chelsea style back 3, 2 stoppers with Jairo in the David Luiz role

Absolution
Off you go then.:hi:Bury that head in the sand.

I don't think it's too much to ask for some sort of logic to an off-season. Hiring a manager, not backing him, allegedly looking to off-load him within three games.. trying to fix it with an overpriced defender on a huge wage. It all defies logic.

To put it in context, this signing would break Spurs' salary cap. Think about that for a second. How is that a sustainable model?

I don't think anyone is expecting miracles in one summer, but failing to off-load the clearly sub-standard squad players and just topping up the first team has been a wasteful strategy that has seen us battle against relegation every season we've been in this league.

Dave

yes yes yes

Old Joe Paxton
31-08-2017, 02:35 PM

agree

Old Joe Paxton
Mangala is a very good player - struggled at first but was ok after. Probably not quite up to a top four team but better than what we have got.
Plus he is fit whereas Sakho is still recovering from injury and may not be as good as before - bit of a gamble.
One good thing is it will leave Liverpool with the player whose value will keep falling all the time he is not playing. Serves them right.
Cant see WBA going for Sakho - no way they could meet his wage demands.

ditto

Oli28
Very good player, happy with this.

rainbow_child
31-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Fook me I remember the days of signing players like Tony Craig etc. Now signing an international from a small club like Man City isn't good enough!

st albans
31-08-2017, 02:37 PM
would be an incredible signing for us, cannot for a minute understand the negativity

NickinOx
31-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Very good player, happy with this.

Spot on. People focus in on his couple of bad games as a youngster, but he was still a regular under Pellegrini.

eddieskyclad
31-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Sakho was a competent starter for Liverpool, who fell out with the manager?

In his first 3 seasons Sakho started 54 premier league games for Liverpool. They finished 2nd, 6th and 8th in those 3 years. Interestingly he played most games the year they finished 8th.
In his first 2 seasons Mangala started 48 premier league games for Man City. They finished 2nd and 4th in those 2 years.

So yeah I'm not sure you can argue that one was competent, the other a failure.

Wright+Bright
31-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Agree could be a fantastic signing. We'll also be saving 10m to hopefully spend elsewhere

Chobham Eagle
31-08-2017, 02:39 PM
I don't think anyone is expecting miracles in one summer, but failing to off-load the clearly sub-standard squad players and just topping up the first team has been a wasteful strategy that has seen us battle against relegation every season we've been in this league.

We've succesfully battled against relegation in four successive seasons. That's massively more than I expected when I was travelling home from Wembley in May 2013.

AddoWolz
31-08-2017, 02:41 PM
would be an incredible signing for us, cannot for a minute understand the negativity

Wait till you see him play .

spt1978
31-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Sign him up.

cpfcfan1
31-08-2017, 02:45 PM
People turning their noses up at this?

Good grief

eagle-leg
31-08-2017, 02:45 PM
How times have changed.

We are about to spank 18m on an international cb from a champions league side and we have half of the fanbase calling the club out for taking a cheap option.

PalaceForever
31-08-2017, 02:46 PM
I think the skills defenders use at a club like Man City are quite different to the skills a defender will use at a club like Palace (where they're consistently under pressure and having to make challenges and blocks more often). Lapses in concentration resulting in errors may be less of an issue when he is involved in the play a lot more.

I love Sakho, but he is expensive and is a risk in terms of injuries. It'd be quite satisfying to leave Liverpool hanging too.

Mattcatford
31-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Still can't understand people being upset with this, granted I would prefer Sakho but Mangala is not a bad player. City signed him for 42m so he must have something about him

red&blue_moomin
31-08-2017, 02:54 PM
He's still a full French international right? Maybe not quite as good as Sakho but he's younger and still very experienced. He's played regularly for top 4 clubs in several leagues so a step up for us.

xian1
31-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Mangala is a very good passer of the ball but weak in the air, still think we need a leader in the Mamadou mould

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 03:05 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/eliaquim-mangala-transfer-manchester-city-crystal-palace-deadline-day-sakho-liverpool-a7922606.html?amp

Old Joe Paxton
31-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Mangala is a very good passer of the ball but weak in the air, still think we need a leader in the Mamadou mould

well if we get Mangala you're not gonna get one.

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 03:10 PM
In his first 3 seasons Sakho started 54 premier league games for Liverpool. They finished 2nd, 6th and 8th in those 3 years. Interestingly he played most games the year they finished 8th.
In his first 2 seasons Mangala started 48 premier league games for Man City. They finished 2nd and 4th in those 2 years.

So yeah I'm not sure you can argue that one was competent, the other a failure.

And being classed as a 'failure' at a club like city who spend more money on a single player than what our whole squad costs is extremely subjective. He is a good player, we would be lucky to have him and he would instantly be our best defender by a long long way.

Zareba2003
31-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Does he even want to play for Palace? I'd rather have a player that wants to be here than one who is only coming to us because its his last resort.

"Mangala ready for Palace?

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
The initial view from the north-west was that Crystal Palace's 23m offer for Manchester City midfielder Eliaquim Mangala might have been acceptable but that the player himself had doubts.

It seems, with time ticking on and attractive alternatives not presenting themselves, Mangala has become more receptive to the idea, to the point where the deal is now likely to go through.

Whether that has an impact on Jonny Evans' situation remains to be seen."

Crystal Glitter
31-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I'd be happy with this, possibility of a quality France international cb signing for Palace and some are against this? :eek:

CPFCalifornia
31-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Hmm 23 million for a player who doesn't really want to be here or 30 million for an impact player who already loves the club and the fans love him. No brainer for me. Bring back Sakho.

carter
West Brom are the winners here. Selling Evans for whatever price and replacing him with Sakho

Looks like a crap window from us IMO

Zohar's Penalty
I'd be happy with this, possibility of a quality France international cb signing for Palace and some are against this? :eek:

Its because everybody loves Sakho.

Would people cheer up if we got both?

OLD BASING EAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Think I would prefer Sakho out of the two but how far is he away from fitness and how far away from being capable of 90 minutes. Mangala could come in straight away and we need to get some points on the board.

Stavros 69
31-08-2017, 03:16 PM

The question of is Sakho worth the extra 5-10m?

GrayP41ace
31-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Does he even want to play for Palace? I'd rather have a player that wants to be here than one who is only coming to us because its his last resort.

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
The initial view from the north-west was that Crystal Palace's 23m offer for Manchester City midfielder Eliaquim Mangala might have been acceptable but that the player himself had doubts.

It seems, with time ticking on and attractive alternatives not presenting themselves, Mangala has become more receptive to the idea, to the point where the deal is now likely to go through.

The pool of players is significantly reduced to Palace 'fans' or people who view us a significant upgrade to their current club, if we go down that path.

Lets be realistic, which player outside of a Palace fan, sets their hearts on playing for Palace, at Selhurst Park, with our training facilities, our current position, off field 'appearance' and potential, were another club an option?

jamieb73
31-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Evans is now in San Marino on international duty, doubt he will be going anywhere today

DARZET EAGLE
31-08-2017, 03:19 PM
The question of is Sakho worth the extra 5-10m?

No, if it would pay for a decent keeper.

RCUK
31-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Not heard us linked with a keeper at all this window.

Calamity Wayne it is then.

Zulu84
31-08-2017, 03:22 PM

Simon Stone
BBC Sport

Owing to our current level of performance, I would probably question any players sanity if they didn't somewhat question coming to us

Payroll Legend
31-08-2017, 03:24 PM
West Brom are the winners here. Selling Evans for whatever price and replacing him with Sakho

Looks like a crap window from us IMO

We are interested and close to signing 1 of 2 French international defenders.

Have you lost the plot?

bald-eagle
31-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Hmm 23 million for a player who doesn't really want to be here or 30 million for an impact player who already loves the club and the fans love him. No brainer for me. Bring back Sakho.

I don't love him, I still think he's a massive risk - and a very highly paid risk

andy m
31-08-2017, 03:43 PM
I think Parish has taken an awful amount of stick lately, much of it justified if I'm honest. BUT, letting head rule heart and not spunking 30m on an injured French international centre back - and instead finding one for 18m is exactly the sort of sound business decision that I need to see now and again just to be reminded that actually things could always be worse.

I, for one, like this.

elgin eagle
31-08-2017, 03:48 PM

Sign them both :)

Palace121
31-08-2017, 03:51 PM

Do you think Sakho loved Palace before January? He had a mate here and few other options. That was it.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah, financially Mangala may make more sense. A year younger, cheaper and more importantly a deal seems to be agreed.

But does he really want to come to us? Is really up for the fight of a relegation battle? Is he a leader like Sakho? Would it take him longer to adjust to the club and team mates? Would he lift Benteke's spirits (a player we really need to get firing again)? I can't really answer these questions and I also don't really know their respective fitness levels either.

But I do have all those questions!

carter
31-08-2017, 04:28 PM
We are interested and close to signing 1 of 2 French international defenders.

Have you lost the plot?

We've signed a pussy Dutch defender, 2 others that aren't ours and now seem to be going for the cheaper option who gets criticised massively in the Prem

Stinger1
31-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Think we will regret not signing Wimmer. Think he is younger and better than Mangala.

xian1
31-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Not heard us linked with a keeper at all this window.

Calamity Wayne it is then.

Skorupski loan is still alive

CPFCalifornia
31-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Do you think Sakho loved Palace before January? He had a mate here and few other options. That was it.

Doesn't matter what happened before he got here. Fact is, he came here, essentially kept us up, was a great locker room presence by all accounts, and took a shit on Liverpool with his patty cake with Benteke. That's enough for me. Sign him up!

Sceagle
31-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Sakho is known by us so is a safer bet IMO

charltonhater
31-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Do people not remember the home game v Man City at the start of 2015/2016. He was absolutely atrocious that game. I wouldn't pay 2.3 million for him based on that display.

Wages must be 90k minimum.

Big NO THANK YOU.

New LP
31-08-2017, 04:42 PM
And being classed as a 'failure' at a club like city who spend more money on a single player than what our whole squad costs is extremely subjective. He is a good player, we would be lucky to have him and he would instantly be our best defender by a long long way.

Thanks for clarifying things.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Sakho is known by us so is a safer bet IMO
Think I agree and more likely to boost the squad and fans but we have no idea on his fitness or whether the cheaper deal is the only way we can afford another target. For example, I know Niasse is underwhelming for most of us but if there is no one else still possible then signing him too is probably essential.

Thefunkymonk
31-08-2017, 04:54 PM
According to mirror he's rejected us

carter
31-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I'm actually happy about that. Cmon Mama

HurstpierPalace
31-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Hope we don't sign him. Every time I've watched him (admittedly only a handful of times) he's come across as a shocking defender. The type that you wonder whether they only made it because of their size and physique despite having any footballing ability.

Simmo the Elder
31-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Doesn't matter what happened before he got here. Fact is, he came here, essentially kept us up, was a great locker room presence by all accounts, and took a shit on Liverpool with his patty cake with Benteke. That's enough for me. Sign him up!

High-larious! well played Sir / Madame !