beef
01-09-2017, 12:14 AM
AJ

Jasper
01-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Return of Chamakh

Dodds
01-09-2017, 12:18 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Danny boy
01-09-2017, 12:18 AM
Chamakh is without a club :D

Big Guns
01-09-2017, 12:19 AM
Looks like we have 23 to name so 2 spots

beef
I bet Van Nistelrooy could still bang in the goals if he could keep fit. Frank could have a word.

CP-RJW
Michel Platini hasn't got a club...

Gathers54
01-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Rickie Lambert is still going...just

******* hell this is dire

Dodds
01-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Rossi?

CP-RJW
01-09-2017, 12:23 AM
Grant Holt?

Stinger1
01-09-2017, 12:24 AM
Rossi?

He will injured until 2018.

beef
01-09-2017, 12:25 AM
Jimmy Kebe

Chas
01-09-2017, 12:28 AM
Looks like we have 23 to name so 2 spots

Saw on another thread that we appear to have 25 players to register, including Perntreou and Souare. If he's required to be registered despite the injury, then that would be 25. Same story for Wickham.

Also see Mutch on that list, so if he's actually leaving on loan, then that's 24 (or 23/22 depending on the long term injuries).

Hennessey
Speroni
Perntreou
Ward
Kelly
Souare
van Aanholt
Schlupp
Dann
Sakho
Delaney
Tomkins
Townsend
Zaha
Puncheon
Kai Kai
Sako
Lee
Cabaye
Milivojevic
McArthur
Mutch
Benteke
Wickham
Ladapo

Gives us bang on 25.

sky dancer
01-09-2017, 12:33 AM
No point registering Wickham if he's not fit until January, and Mutch has gone so 23

GorBlimey
01-09-2017, 12:35 AM
I bet Van Nistelrooy could still bang in the goals if he could keep fit. Frank could have a word.

Pay per play and we could do worse.

Chas
01-09-2017, 12:38 AM
Diabate sort of looks like Benteke. We could just give him a haircut and play him when Big Ben needs a rest! Wouldn't have to bother with registration then. :p

AJ
01-09-2017, 12:52 AM
Can we sign a free agent before the squad is due to be submitted and include them in our 25, even if another over 21 is omitted? I believe we have 25 over 21s

Martin H
01-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Can we sign a free agent before the squad is due to be submitted and include them in our 25, even if another over 21 is omitted? I believe we have 25 over 21s

Must be able to do that surely. It's just another signing before submission deadline after all.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Must be able to do that surely. It's just another signing before submission deadline after all.

I believe the submission deadline is 4pm today (1st Sept).

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-09-2017, 01:02 AM
I think you can add more in after that as we did with Flamini IF there is space. But I don't think we can deliberately leave a space by not naming someone who is over 21 at the club.

"Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named."

James SG
01-09-2017, 07:05 AM
I think you can add more in after that as we did with Flamini IF there is space. But I don't think we can deliberately leave a space by not naming someone who is over 21 at the club.

"Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named."

Can we terminate a contract?

If not we basically need to be signing a free agent striker before 4pm?

JAS78
01-09-2017, 07:15 AM
4pm today to sign up Diabate, Chamakh or at a big push Rickie Lambert...

aj4england
01-09-2017, 07:16 AM
J. Beneteke , Cham, Carlton Cole there's not a lot out there !

JAS78
01-09-2017, 07:18 AM
J. Beneteke , Cham, Carlton Cole there's not a lot out there !

JB isn't anywhere near good enough, Carlton Cole is finished I think been drifting around pub leagues.

aj4england
01-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Cheick Diabaté probably the best of a very bad bunch.

Jon_C-Pal
01-09-2017, 07:26 AM
This is embarrassing. Like when Newcastle had to sign Shefki Kuqi about 4 years after he was remotely decent in the championship.

laboxers
01-09-2017, 07:27 AM
So are we thinking we have space for one free agent?

This was the squad at the start of yesterday, with 27 players:-
We currently have 27...

Speroni, Hennessey, Pentreau
Ward, Kelly, Souare, PvA
Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Inniss
Cabaye, Luka, McArthur, Puncheon, Mutch, Williams
Schlupp, Zaha, Sako, Townsend, Kai Kai, Lee
Benteke, Wickham, Anderson, Ladapo

Innis, Williams and Anderson all out on loan right?

aj4england
01-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Wickham wont be named as is injured. I doubt Mutch will be named either.

Nostrils
01-09-2017, 07:51 AM
But I don't think we can deliberately leave a space by not naming someone who is over 21 at the club.

What about the 'Escape to Victory' method? Someone's got to take one for the team...

BillyTKid
01-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Wickham wont be named as is injured. I doubt Mutch will be named either.

Mutch will have to be named unless we release him.

Halfwayline
01-09-2017, 07:55 AM
So are we thinking we have space for one free agent?

This was the squad at the start of yesterday, with 27 players:-
We currently have 27...

Ward, Kelly, Souare, PvA
Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Inniss
Cabaye, Luka, McArthur, Puncheon, Mutch, Williams
Benteke, Wickham, Anderson, Ladapo

Innis, Williams and Anderson all out on loan right?

I only count 21 over age players with Sakho that would have to be included in the 25. So room for a few free agents.

thehalifaxman
01-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Mutch will have to be named unless we release him.

Mutch went on loan didn't he?

thehalifaxman
01-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Cheick Diabaté probably the best of a very bad bunch.

yes. if that site is accurate.

laboxers
01-09-2017, 08:49 AM
I only count 21 over age players with Sakho that would have to be included in the 25. So room for a few free agents.

Out of interest who aren't you counting?

All players listed here would have to be counted as part of the 25. We loaned out 3 players (Inniss, Williams and Anderson) and signed Sakho (forgot about him) so in fact I make it we have our 25....unless I've missed someone?

Ward, Kelly, Souare, PvA
Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Sakho
Cabaye, Luka, McArthur, Puncheon, Mutch,
Benteke, Wickham, Ladapo

EDIT:- Ive read elsewhere we might be allowed to not include Wickham as he is injured. So possibly 24?

Jasper
01-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Out of interest who aren't you counting?

All players listed here would have to be counted as part of the 25. We loaned out 3 players (Inniss, Williams and Anderson) and signed Sakho (forgot about him) so in fact I make it we have our 25....unless I've missed someone?

Ward, Kelly, Souare, PvA
Dann, Delaney, Tomkins, Sakho
Cabaye, Luka, McArthur, Puncheon, Mutch,
Benteke, Wickham, Ladapo

EDIT:- Ive read elsewhere we might be allowed to not include Wickham as he is injured. So possibly 24?

We didn't name Wickham or Souare in the squad after the January window.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/322804

martin.cpfc
01-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Loic Remy is a free agent!

laboxers
01-09-2017, 08:59 AM

If Papa is back training (and playing for the U23s) I'd imagine he would need to be included? Guess we shall see later.

johnnytemper
01-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Because we had 25 other players, by my count. Not sure what the rules are on players who are injured, whether we could get special medical dispensation for say Wickham if he isn't going to be fit until the next window, but otherwise he would have to be named (assuming we have less than 25 other players.

Think the squad lists go in at 4pm today? We have until then to sign any free agents we want if I'm remembering the rules correctly.

Mictor Voses
01-09-2017, 09:06 AM
There ain't much out there!

SilentAssassin
01-09-2017, 09:07 AM

They had season long injuries. I suspect we will have to name both or at least Pape in the 25.

elgin eagle
01-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Loic Remy is a free agent!

That would be so Palace

kark
01-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Bring Chammy home

JAS78
01-09-2017, 09:10 AM
They had season long injuries. I suspect we will have to name both or at least Pape in the 25.

Surely you can name who you like, what happened with Garvan wasn't injured and got ditched

pallet
01-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Bring Chammy home

I do hope you are joking.

Fatboy
01-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Let's not bother. We haven't got a good track record on this.

The screw up has been made now - lets not compound it with getting another Adebayor.

SilentAssassin
01-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Surely you can name who you like, what happened with Garvan wasn't injured and got ditched

You have to name players over the age of 21 that are contracted to the club now, unless they are injured for the season or loaned out to other clubs. 17 of which need to be Home Grown Players.

Worksop Palace
01-09-2017, 09:21 AM
The fact this thread even exists should embarrass the club

Amateur hour

Again

Mictor Voses
01-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Let's not bother. We haven't got a good track record on this.

The screw up has been made now - lets not compound it with getting another Adebayor.

Has anyone got a particularly good track record with signing players that nobody else wants?

Shoreditch CPFC
01-09-2017, 09:31 AM

We should name Pape in the squad as hes a bloody good player. If we didn't have to name Wickham last time I can't see why we would now as he still has the same injury and isn't back until Jan. That means we should have a space.

Gollum
01-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Wouldn't bother with a free agent. Have to make do. If necessary, we'll have to use any one of Loftus-Cheek, Schlupp, Sako, Zaha, KaiKai as temporary cover.

Zohar's Penalty
01-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Can somebody confirm- would there by any restrictions that would bar as from acquiring a free agent- i.e. that we have more than 25 senior professionals already.

To put it simply, is this even possible?

Eaglez
01-09-2017, 09:55 AM
We wouldn't name Wickham in the squad if he is out until Jan/Feb. We are easily under the 25 when you take out the youth players which don't count.

mroakley9
01-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Bring Chammy home

:love::love::love:

mystery_man
01-09-2017, 10:06 AM
The Seal is available
https://www.transfermarkt.com/kerlon/profil/spieler/37758

CJ PLUM
01-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Can somebody confirm- would there by any restrictions that would bar as from acquiring a free agent- i.e. that we have more than 25 senior professionals already.

To put it simply, is this even possible?

With 25 registered players currently qualified as over 21 the only way we can bring in further free agent players is by selling players to one of 60 foreign leagues with transfer windows still open before their individual deadlines.
In order to stop clubs cheating the system you cannot now simply cancel a players contract outside of our window in order to free up a space whilst incoming players must have had their previous contracts cancelled before the end of our transfer window.
The most attractive leagues are Spain (Sept 1 at 23:59 local time) and Turkey (Sept 8 at 23:00). Australia and New Zealand (both Oct 16) could be attractive to British players whilst Qatar (Sep 30) could be most lucrative.
The last current window to close is Yemen on Nov 23rd and then there is always Niger which is openning in 75 days time until Jan 31 2018.

We need to call in all possible favours with foreign contacts and agents to create openings for the additional strikers we obviously still need. it is also probable that we would continue to pay a large portion of their wages to seal any deal.

Could Dougie even phone up his old mate Tony Popovic at Western Sydney Wanderers to organise a deal?

Edit: Forgot about implications of the squad nomination deadline at 4 pm on Sept 1st.

Player would need to be sold before 4pm deadline to leave a space available in the squad which can then be replaced at a later date by a free agent. Once named they can not be replaced even if sold later.

Terrace Bickle
01-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm free! And so is John Inman.

Zohar's Penalty
01-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Bring Chammy home

And people whinge at Parish for being sentimental :D

N Herts Eagle
01-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Bring Chammy home With Cedric as goalie......

AJ
01-09-2017, 10:14 AM
With 25 registered players currently qualified as over 21 the only way we can bring in further free agent players is by selling players to one of 60 foreign leagues with transfer windows still open before their individual deadlines.
In order to stop clubs cheating the system you cannot now simply cancel a players contract outside of our window in order to free up a space whilst incoming players must have had their previous contracts cancelled before the end of our transfer window.
The most attractive leagues are Spain (Sept 1 at 23:59 local time) and Turkey (Sept 8 at 23:00). Australia and New Zealand (both Oct 16) could be attractive to British players whilst Qatar (Sep 30) could be most lucrative.
The last current window to close is Yemen on Nov 23rd and then there is always Niger which is openning in 75 days time until Jan 31 2018.

We need to call in all possible favours with foreign contacts and agents to create openings for the additional strikers we obviously still need.

Could Dougie even phone up his old mate Tony Popovic at Western Sydney Wanderers to organise a deal?
I am not sure that answers the question, at least not for me. You have to fill up empty spaces in the squad of 25 with contracted over 21s, but can you sign a non contract player before the squad of 25 is due to be submitted. For example, now, today?

Zohar's Penalty
01-09-2017, 10:16 AM

We need to call in all possible favours with foreign contacts and agents to create openings for the additional strikers we obviously still need.

We will not sell any of our dross to those countries, so this is a complete non starter in that case.

Zohar's Penalty
01-09-2017, 10:17 AM
I am not sure that answers the question, at least not for me. You have to fill up empty spaces in the squad of 25 with contracted over 21s, but can you sign a non contract player before the squad of 25 is due to be submitted. For example, now, today?

Thanks for articulating what I couldn't, largely due to a transfer window induced lack of sleep. :S::p

Shoreditch CPFC
01-09-2017, 10:20 AM

I don't know the answer but I'll give a view anyway. I can't see any logical reason why we can't sign a non contracted player and then put them in the squad by 4PM today at the expense of someone being left out. This only becomes an issue anyway if we are seeking more than one non contracted player assuming Wickham isn't included in the squad.

Martin H
01-09-2017, 10:27 AM
I don't know the answer but I'll give a view anyway. I can't see any logical reason why we can't sign a non contracted player and then put them in the squad by 4PM today at the expense of someone being left out. This only becomes an issue anyway if we are seeking more than one non contracted player assuming Wickham isn't included in the squad.

Would think we can sign 10 unsigned players today without any issue. I think the tiny window we have until 4pm is being mixed up with the opportunity to only submit 24 and then pick up a non contract later.

Technically I guess if a club were to pay up a players contract this morning we could actually sign him this afternoon. If we then paid money to that club for agreeing to do that, I am not sure if that is within the rules or not. Outside the spirit but maybe within the rules. Not likely though is it? Likely expensive too.

Any strikers out there with very few months left on contracts?

elgin eagle
01-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Yeah i think the problem is to fix this now we have to sign a keeper and striker by 4pm today. We had Niasse there all day yesterday and didn't manage to sort that. Have to say going on the previous 2 months I'm not hopeful. Currently we have the most unbalanced squad imaginable, capable of playing 4-5-1 or 3-6-1 at a push. Some great players in there, but the 3 best ones are all injured.

Shoreditch CPFC
01-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Technically I guess if a club were to pay up a players contract this morning we could actually sign him this afternoon. If we then paid money to that club for agreeing to do that, I am not sure if that is within the rules or not. Outside the spirit but maybe within the rules. Not likely though is it? Likely expensive too.

But as above you can't now cancel a players contract outside the window.

BuktaBoy
01-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Get Remy back if he's on a free.

He has the pedigree we might only need 20 games out of him max.

Levski
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
20 games?
Any club would do well to get 20 minutes out of Remy...

Martin H
But as above you can't now cancel a players contract outside the window.

Is that right? I assume brought in to stop that ruse.

JAS78
Get Remy back if he's on a free.

He has the pedigree we might only need 20 games out of him max.

The bloke has already stolen a year's wages

RAB
01-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Clinton. He needs 5 goals to overtake Wright as Palace's highest post war goal scorer. I'd even have Bright who also needs 5. Just stick either in the box next to CB for the last 10 mins of a game.

Ah! there's Dougie but he needs 10 to overtake Wright.

rbarmy
01-09-2017, 10:37 AM
A fully fit Remy on a pay per play might not be a bad shout

mroakley9
01-09-2017, 10:42 AM

I'd rather he didn't

CJ PLUM
01-09-2017, 10:47 AM

We currently have 25 over 21 players. I believe squads have to be nominated by 4 pm today. So if any player can be sold to a foreign league with an open transfer window before then the space created can be filled at a later date by a free agent, as we did with Flamini. Once named in the squad they cannot be replaced even if sold at a later date.

The deadline for nominating squads needs to be moved until after the international break as clubs could lose players to long term injuries in games not under their control and then be unable to replace them, even with their own contracted players.

Latvian Eagle
01-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Souare and Wickham have to be named in the 25 injured or not. Not that hard to get your head around.

old geezer
01-09-2017, 11:05 AM
No point registering Wickham if he's not fit until January, and Mutch has gone so 23

Do not think Mutch has gone

old geezer
01-09-2017, 11:07 AM

Yes I agree

ChiswickEagle
01-09-2017, 11:11 AM

I think Las Palmas might have something to say about that?

Spindle
01-09-2017, 11:12 AM

No such thing as a fully fit Remy.

Eaglez
01-09-2017, 11:35 AM
If the unthinkable happens and Benteke gets injured I would expect either Freedman or Pete the Eagle to lead the line.

Panther
01-09-2017, 11:57 AM
I think Pete the Eagle is more likely to be our back-up goalie?

Stellavista
01-09-2017, 12:11 PM
What a ridiculous situation.

sky dancer
01-09-2017, 12:26 PM
What's Danny Butterfield up to these days?

firesign
01-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Rickie Lambert is still going...just

******* hell this is dire

Could do worse

henryhallandhisbasque
01-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Clinton Morrison? That's if Mickleover Sports suddenly terminate his contract for us.

Fatboy
01-09-2017, 12:40 PM
There ain't much out there!

Unfortunately we have Mutch still here....
:(

Crunchie
01-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Giuseppe Rossi?

eagle mart
01-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Giuseppe Rossi?

Coming back from a bad cruciate injury.

Raggy
01-09-2017, 01:06 PM
The stage is set "Return of the Chamakh"

Crunchie
01-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Coming back from a bad cruciate injury.

Yes, but if the initial time was 6 months maybe we can sign him if his knee looks ok longer term?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/celta-vigo/story/3100602/celta-vigos-giuseppe-rossi-faces-six-months-out-with-knee-injury

swissroll
01-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Could do worse

Lambert is completely broken, should fit right in

Ian Hart
01-09-2017, 01:17 PM
We've missed out on one Senegalese forward, but an even more famous one is currently unattached. I think it would be well worth going for him.

His reputation got very unfairly tarnished because of just one bad game. But I think we should go for him. Ali Dia could be just the man we need

Jim Cannon
01-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Remy fully fit:D

bigend1
01-09-2017, 02:40 PM

If last season's shit was with another club the bbs would be demanding we take remy on pay as you play.

Of the lost he's the one that COULD be ok. But I don't think we'd be able to stomach it due last year

Chas
01-09-2017, 02:56 PM

We also had 25 other senior players contracted, so that tells us nothing.

penguin7
01-09-2017, 03:00 PM
20 games?
Any club would do well to get 20 minutes out of Remy...

By my calculation we only got 156 minutes out of him in the PL last time, never mind 20 games

16eagles
01-09-2017, 03:02 PM
So deadline has just passed for naming 25 4pm today is this correct? So no free transfers now.

Gathers54
01-09-2017, 03:06 PM
By my calculation we only got 156 minutes out of him in the PL last time, never mind 20 games
I wonder how much of that was because he was injured or just because we left him out.

There's a player in there but hampered by injury and a severe lack of game time

Riley
01-09-2017, 04:56 PM
So deadline has just passed for naming 25 4pm today is this correct? So no free transfers now.

Freddie Ladapo: your time is now!

jimmy the gent
01-09-2017, 04:59 PM
James Scowcroft?

jimmy the gent
01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-the-true-definition-of-madness-is-repeating-the-same-action-over-and-over-hoping-for-albert-einstein-81-23-99.jpg

CPFC85
01-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Clinton Morrison? That's if Mickleover Sports suddenly terminate his contract for us.

DF could bung them a few quid in a brown paper envelope.

firesign
23-09-2017, 06:38 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Time to look at this again?

palacelad197o
23-09-2017, 06:44 PM
we all knew we needed a striker and now look at us looking at free agents its pathetic

GreatGonzo
23-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Time to look at this again?

We can look at it all we like, there will not be any quality on it next time we look either.

Lets wait and see how long Benteke is out for. Anything less than 4 weeks back in action is not the end of the world.

glenn.f
23-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Welcome Ricky ;)

HRP
23-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Carlton Cole signs page 87

spt1978
24-09-2017, 12:23 PM
We aren't signing a free agent. We just ****ed up our squad management so that we couldn't name a 25 after we released a keeper.

rambo1
24-09-2017, 12:37 PM
We aren't signing a free agent. We just ****ed up our squad management so that we couldn't name a 25 after we released a keeper.

We Released,Kleton Perntreou,though I think,Jordon Mutch,should have been Released,so we had Space for a Free-Agent,
after the Signing of,Oumar Niasse,from Everton,Collapsed.

rambo1
24-09-2017, 12:46 PM
We can look at it all we like, there will not be any quality on it next time we look either.

Lets wait and see how long Benteke is out for. Anything less than 4 weeks back in action is not the end of the world.

Think Leon Best,31,is the Best,Temporary,Option.
Otherwise its,Rickie Lambert,35.

ChickenDipper
24-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Bring in Giuseppe Rossi

james powell
24-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Rambo1 your use of commas is giving me a head ache. That is all.

Worksop Palace
24-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Think Leon Best,31,is the Best,Temporary,Option.
Otherwise its,Rickie Lambert,35.

:supergrin: or :wallbash:

You decide

Danny_Cheviot
24-09-2017, 01:19 PM
If commas were scored goals............

fang
24-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Rambo1 your use of commas is giving me a head ache.

I, think, that, is why, he does, it.

Another Oxted Eagle
24-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Rambo1 your use of commas is giving me a head ache. That is all.

I've put him on ignore which is a shame as he makes some good points but the whole comma,routine,gets,on,my,tits

PeterH
25-09-2017, 06:50 PM
In the whole world of international football there isn't another striker kicking their heals?

If only we had a decent scouting network.

Do Tim Coe and Dougie know how to use google?

Mr Palace
25-09-2017, 07:01 PM
This says a lot about how desperate we are but maybe Carlton Cole would be useful? Even if he just ran around a lot and caused a bit of mayhem to occupy defenders he'd be useful. How low we have fallen though...

elgin eagle
25-09-2017, 08:13 PM
In the whole world of international football there isn't another striker kicking their heals?

Dougie could get a game at this rate.

I guess any half decent free agent striker has found himself a club by now. Either that or they are so badly injured that no club will take a chance on them. I see Antonio Pedroza (him of the little feet possibly?) is without a club. My guess is we wanted RVP until he got injured playing for Holland.

firesign
25-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Get four strikers off that list - start with one off them, then make a substitution every 22.5 minutes. Sorted.

Stavros 69
25-09-2017, 08:36 PM
They'll take 6 weeks to get match fit

richdeniro
25-09-2017, 08:52 PM

Maybe they're waiting for Football Manager 2018 to be released so they can use the filter to find out of contract players?

Latvian Eagle
25-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Alberto Gilardino.

Latvian Eagle
25-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Bring in Giuseppe Rossi

He's injured.

cpfcfan1
25-09-2017, 09:21 PM
He's injured.
Perfect.

Latvian Eagle
25-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Perfect.

Done his anterior cruciate ligament (for the third time!) in April.

Chas
25-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Bring in Giuseppe Rossi

I tried that a few days ago in Football Manager. He tore his cruciate ligament three days later (didn't even get to play him in a reserve match!), out for 9 months :wallbash:

Eaglesmad123
25-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Alberto Gilardino.

Passed his best

james powell
26-09-2017, 07:36 AM
I, think, that, is why, he does, it.

Too many,spaces,In your,Comment. Also,not enough,Capital,Letters for no,Reason.

macstar
26-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Can we not get a player to cancel their contract at another club and then join us..maybe someone like Ulloa at Brighton

Billyd
26-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Can we not get a player to cancel their contract at another club and then join us..maybe someone like Ulloa at Brighton

No

elgin eagle
26-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Surely we have someone else at the football club capable of scoring goals? What are the rules about signing under 21's outside of the poxy transfer window if not?

Dawkins' Banana
26-09-2017, 08:06 AM

No. A "free agent" is a player who was without a club when the transfer window closed. Any player leaving their club after the window closed cannot play for another club until January. We have an example of this ourselves - we released Kleton Perntreau the day AFTER the window closed specifically to free up a squad place for a "free agent". But Perntreau himself stated in the Advertuser that the big downside of leaving was that he would be unable to find another club until January.

If, of course, players could just get their contracts cancelled and then join another club outside the transfer window, then they'd all be doing it and there wouldn't really be a transfer window, would there?

elgin eagle
26-09-2017, 08:09 AM
No. A "free agent" is a player who was without a club when the transfer window closed. Any player leaving their club after the window closed cannot play for another club until January. We have an example of this ourselves - we released Kleton Perntreau the day AFTER the window closed specifically to free up a squad place for a "free agent". But Perntreau himself stated in the Advertuser that the big downside of leaving was that he would be unable to find another club until January.

If, of course, players could just get their contracts cancelled and then join another club outside the transfer window, then they'd all be doing it and there wouldn't really be a transfer window, would there?

Dont different countries' transfer windows shut at different times though? The Yemeni one, for example.

spike
26-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Dont different countries' transfer windows shut at different times though? The Yemeni one, for example.
Yes, but the English one is shut, which is the controlling factor.

elgin eagle
26-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Yes, but the English one is shut, which is the controlling factor.

Only for the selling club?

Latvian Eagle
26-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Passed his best

And you think we are going to get anyone that is remotely in their Prime?

Owngoal
26-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Anyone know what Robbie Keane is doing?

Eagle94
26-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Playing for an Indian team... I think Teddy Sheringham is managing them...

Latvian Eagle
26-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Anyone know what Robbie Keane is doing?

Playing for a club called ATK in India apparently.