PDA

View Full Version : Man United away (Sat 30 Sept, 3pm) - sold out

Dorking .Eagle
01-09-2017, 03:39 PM
phew its hot!

Tickets for our away Premier League match against Manchester United on Saturday 30th September, kick-off 3pm, will be on sale in the following selling order:

Phase 1

Friday 1st September from 10am

Away Season Ticket Holders

One ticket per client reference

Phase 2

Tuesday 5th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 4000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 3

Wednesday 6th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 3000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 4

Thursday 7th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 2000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 5

Friday 8th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 1000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 6

Monday 11th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders No Loyalty Points requirement

Phase 7

Tuesday 12th September from 10am

Paid Members No Loyalty Points requirement

All sales phases are subject to availability.

Tickets are priced at:

Adults - 30

Over 65s - 15

18-20 - 22.50

16-17 - 15

Under 16s - 10

Disabled supporters receive a free Personal Assistant ticket (must be booked in person at the Box Office, or by calling 08712 000 071).

Coach travel will be available for this match.

This will depart Selhurst Park at 7.30am and is priced at 27 per seat.

Match tickets and coach travel will be available to book online,by calling the ticket line on 08712 000 071, or in person at the Box Office.

Looking at the seating plan, in the current phase, blocks E230 and E231 are currently on sale. The other block in the quadrant, E232 is greyed out, but will presumably be made available if we sell out the first 2 blocks quickly. Cannot imagine the block in the South Stand (the old 55 tickets) has been taken.

Pinkie Brown
01-09-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't even want to think about the Manchester away games at the moment! Scary:frown:

ellioteagle1
01-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Trains seem very expensive.

Wilbo
02-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Looking at making this my 8yr old son's first away game. I was going to wait til he's at least 10yrs, so he was a bit taller and less timid. Worried he may find the atmosphere in an away match a bit of a culture shock, compared to our cosy seats in the WH.

What are people's tips/advice about taking my son to his first away game to OT?

How easy is it to get seats in the front, I remember people would give up front row seats to young ones they noticed behind them - does that still go on?

Thinking about driving to OT and parking as near as possible - any advice/experience?

Mad Raschic Ken
02-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Looking at making this my 8yr old son's first away game. I was going to wait til he's at least 10yrs, so he was a bit taller and less timid. Worried he may find the atmosphere in an away match a bit of a culture shock, compared to our cosy seats in the WH.

How easy is it to get seats in the front, I remember people would give up front row seats to young ones they noticed behind them - does that still go on?

Thinking about driving to OT and parking as near as possible - any advice/experience?

My son's been doing away games since he was about 5 or 6. They key was to get him confident standing on his seat. That way you can get a good view rather than bring stuck down thr front. He's just too tall for that now, but just about tall enough to see without standing on his seat.

Dorking .Eagle
02-09-2017, 07:05 PM
About a third of people there supporting Man United will be foreign tourists at their first game (really!)

Another third are just glory hunters from miles away, so the traffic is pretty bad to and from the game.

Whisper it quietly but they do have a small number of proper fans. But they are still mainly arrogant wankers.

So literally thousands get to the ground REALLY early.

I'm not aware of any free parking within walking distance, the retail parks nearby have time restrictions to stop people going to the football parking there all day. There are however numerous nearby businesses who use their parking areas for matchday parking for anything from 5 to 10 a car

Seats at the front - pretty much all the seats in the front 5 or so rows have already gone - away season ticket holders having snapped these up. They are pretty unlikely to give up their seats as they have deliberately chosen these seats so they can sit at the front.

Don't let the above put you off though. You can probably stand your son on his seat (keep a hold of him by belt if you are worried) - the stewards are unlikely to make a fuss as they never make people sit down, so what can they do realistically?

andyocpfc
02-09-2017, 07:21 PM
I couldn't believe last season how many tourists there were for the last game of the season. Most of them from the Far East. I know we have ours now but I would hate us ever to turn into a club like Man Utd. It's honestly like visiting the Eiffel Tower or the Tower of London going to OT. I met some genuine Manc fans on the tube and they seemed okay (but obviously being wankers still). They as a club, along with the top four optimise modern day football and how it's become. Whilst I love being in the Premier League, I still long for the days of growing up in div 2 and div 1 in the late 80s and early 90s. Though that could be me being nostalgic.

sherstonpalace
02-09-2017, 07:25 PM
I went to all but 3 away matches last season - encountered no ill-will at all at any of them. Until old Trafford. On the concourse outside our end, immediately after we'd lost the meaningless match 2-0, some thug pushed his mouth in my face and for no reason at all, called me a cockney c?...t. I wish I had had the presence of mind to ask him where he thought Beckham, Sheringham, Ferdinand and Ince were all from......

Dorking .Eagle
02-09-2017, 07:32 PM
If I was to bring an 8 year old to their first away game and it was this season, then I'd say somewhere like Stoke, West Brom or Swansea would be a more 'real' experience than the 'Disneyifcation' of football which Old Trafford has become. At least at those sort of places all the home and away fans are 'real', and you won't go home swearing to yourself about how bent the ref was.

Oli28
02-09-2017, 11:21 PM
If I was to bring an 8 year old to their first away game and it was this season, then I'd say somewhere like Stoke, West Brom or Swansea would be a more 'real' experience than the 'Disneyifcation' of football which Old Trafford has become. At least at those sort of places all the home and away fans are 'real', and you won't go home swearing to yourself about how bent the ref was.
True I guess but tbh what 8 year old kid cares about whether a Stoke fan is more 'real' than a man united fan.

Kirby
03-09-2017, 07:56 AM

You obviously didn't go to West Clattenburg Albion 2-2 Palace.

As for free parking, it was a while ago but we parked near the Old Trafford cricket ground and walked once. From memory it was free but it may have changed now.

Yoda
03-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Our son started going to away matches at about that age, and enjoyed standing on his seat to see.

However, we chose easier fixtures such as Norwich and Reading. In the Prem we started with Arsenal and Southampton I think. Well organised grounds that we could comfortably reach in a day trip.

Not sure I'd start with Old Trafford...long tiring journey, big crowd for a youngster, likely to lose etc etc.

ebyeeckeagle
03-09-2017, 08:36 AM
You obviously didn't go to West Clattenburg Albion 2-2 Palace.

As for free parking, it was a while ago but we parked near the Old Trafford cricket ground and walked once. From memory it was free but it may have changed now.

There still is street parking by there (near a pub the name of which escapes me) though the actual car park at the cricket is pricey. I'd also look at Salford Quays. cheaper parking there and
easier to get away.

Dorking .Eagle
03-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Yes I went to the 2-2 at WBA, I am now happy that Clattenburg is gone forever. I stand by my assertion that you will get a more even game at a 'normal' away ground rather than a 'bright lights' Big 6 teams stadium

I park in Salford Quays, however even there is 6 for on street parking paid via Ringo.

sherstonpalace
03-09-2017, 09:08 AM

If you're driving, I would second the suggestion about parking at Salford Quays. Much easier getaway and if your 8 year old likes pizzas, there's a lively Pizza Express before the bridge. Then it's an easyish 10-15 minute walk to the ground.

But I'd also caution that OT might not be the ideal choice for an 8 year old's first CPFC away match. The stewards are the worst behaved in the PL and last year I complained to a policeman about the language that one of the stewards used to Palace fans.

New LP
03-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Funny because we had a steward next to us at OT last season who was a top bloke and chatted football with us throughout. I guess it's just down to the individual.

Mad Raschic Ken
03-09-2017, 11:47 AM
We've never had a problem at Old Trafford - other than poor refereeing and losing games of course!

sherstonpalace
04-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Funny because we had a steward next to us at OT last season who was a top bloke and chatted football with us throughout. I guess it's just down to the individual.

Very fair point. I've just booked the identical seat for OT so I'll see if there has been any improvement.

Palace_Akie
04-09-2017, 12:07 PM
About a third of people there supporting Man United will be foreign tourists at their first game (really!)

Another third are just glory hunters from miles away, so the traffic is pretty bad to and from the game.

Whisper it quietly but they do have a small number of proper fans. But they are still mainly arrogant wankers.

So literally thousands get to the ground REALLY early.

I'm not aware of any free parking within walking distance, the retail parks nearby have time restrictions to stop people going to the football parking there all day. There are however numerous nearby businesses who use their parking areas for matchday parking for anything from 5 to 10 a car

Seats at the front - pretty much all the seats in the front 5 or so rows have already gone - away season ticket holders having snapped these up. They are pretty unlikely to give up their seats as they have deliberately chosen these seats so they can sit at the front.

Don't let the above put you off though. You can probably stand your son on his seat (keep a hold of him by belt if you are worried) - the stewards are unlikely to make a fuss as they never make people sit down, so what can they do realistically?

If you look up Ordsall Lane on Google maps it was free parking the last time I was there about a year ago. Around a mile, mile and a half depending on where you can get a space but again fills up early.

Ulster_Eagle
04-09-2017, 03:24 PM
What is our ticket allocation for this and is it likely it will get down to Phase 5 in sales?

eagleheath
04-09-2017, 03:34 PM
I got one free with my cornflakes box this morning

ellioteagle1
04-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Anyone got any good train deals?

Mallard
04-09-2017, 07:08 PM
I started taking my six year old to away games last season. Never had any problems from stewards with him standing on seats. At Man City the stewards did offer us seats down the front. I did find that my boy got a little tired of standing all game. Strange as he can run around like a madman for hours!

Mallard
04-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Parked at the Lowry Outlet in Salford Quays last season. Think it was six quid. There are a number of bars and restaurants there for pre and post game food and drink which are kid friendly.

Woosie
04-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Anyone got any good train deals?
Direct to Manchester is expensive as all the advance tickets are gone. You could try Chiltern to Birmingham - I got this for 4 each way - then Cross Country to Manchester - a couple of weeks ago think this cost me 9 each way. It obviously adds longer to the journey though.

Other option is to go via Leeds. Again adds time to the journey.

Oli28
04-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Haven't checked the prices but I often do London to Stoke on London Midland and then Stoke up to Manchester. Takes about an hour longer but can be significantly cheaper.

RCUK
04-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Been to Manchester a few times with my son - first time when he was 7, and again last yr when he was/is 8.

We used Just park and parked on a driveway about 10mins walk from the stadium for 5.

Never had any issues with the home fans, and i would say as a first away day for a young kid Old Trafford is far more special than the other stadiums.

Ade 70
04-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Have always driven before - this time going by train...what is the least painful way to get back to Manc Piccadilly post match...train from outside the away end seems appealing but there is no timetable or details of tickets anywhere I can find

ebyeeckeagle
04-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Have always driven before - this time going by train...what is the least painful way to get back to Manc Piccadilly post match...train from outside the away end seems appealing but there is no timetable or details of tickets anywhere I can find

Its a pain. Never managed to work out if the train is feasible or even exists! Actually, its right outside the away end and Im told they go every 10 minutes (3 in totAl) but never used it. The metro has quite a long wait but is my preferred route back despite that. Just dont leave it to a tight connection. The buses are jammed in traffic.

If you have a tight connection, just leave early when we are 4 down and arrange a cab from the Tesco or somewhere and you should be okay.

Dorking .Eagle
05-09-2017, 05:35 AM
If you look up Ordsall Lane on Google maps it was free parking the last time I was there about a year ago. Around a mile, mile and a half depending on where you can get a space but again fills up early.

Thanks for tip :p
To be honest, think I'll stick with roads off Village Way, as post-match it's in the right direction for the M60. But handy to know :)

Oli28
05-09-2017, 06:13 AM
I used that train stop after the league cup win. It was easy and there was hardly any wait but that might have been because we'd stayed after celebrating in the ground for so long.

If you're going to get the tram, I'd recommend turning left out of the away end until you have cross the big bridge and get on a tram at 'exchange quay'. It'll be a lot less busy than the 'old trafford' stop.

SHIPEAGLE
05-09-2017, 07:05 AM

There are usually 3 trains back to Piccadilly although you may need to change at Oxford Road.
The first train is just after 5 with the other 2 being about half hour later.

The station is right outside the away end and a quick exit from the ground should get you on the first train.

Details of the trains are usually on Northern Rail website a few days before each game

Ade 70
05-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Thanks all for the tram/train tips. :p

adman50
05-09-2017, 03:39 PM
any idea how these have sold so far- im in the position again waiting for people with 3k plus points.

Kirby
06-09-2017, 09:17 AM
2 x tickets purchased for this and City. It's going to be a long 180+ minutes! :supergrin:

Brumie Allan
06-09-2017, 11:15 PM
I couldn't face the two so Barbara 4003 has got tickets to the Man U game.

68johnners
07-09-2017, 03:50 PM
There are still good Train Tickets available for this.
I have just got 2 Tickets via Crewe leaving London at 9.46 & Manchester 18.08 43 each with no Concessions.

cjcpfc
14-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Has anyone received their tickets in post yet?

Ade 70
15-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Yes early this week

Kirby
15-09-2017, 07:44 AM

Yep got City and United tickets at the same time.

Owngoal
18-09-2017, 12:00 PM
There are usually 3 trains back to Piccadilly although you may need to change at Oxford Road.
The first train is just after 5 with the other 2 being about half hour later.

The station is right outside the away end and a quick exit from the ground should get you on the first train.

Details of the trains are usually on Northern Rail website a few days before each game

What a weird way for the train company to operate - can't find anything before the game. So assuming you can buy a return from Man Pic and change at Oxford Road for the train to ground itself? Are there 3 trains going there as well Shipeagle?

ebyeeckeagle
18-09-2017, 02:11 PM
What a weird way for the train company to operate - can't find anything before the game. So assuming you can buy a return from Man Pic and change at Oxford Road for the train to ground itself? Are there 3 trains going there as well Shipeagle?

Its normally published a week before the game. Due to the number of games that Manure have changed and the fact that these are specially arranged trains, not normal scheduled ones. I thought they all went to Piccadilly but Shipeagle is the font of course.

Ruskin Old Boy
18-09-2017, 02:16 PM

If you're buying a ticket from London make sure you get one to Manchester (all stations) - easy online - as this includes the station at Old Trafford.

In my experience you need to leave pretty smartish for the first train from Old Trafford station.

macstar
18-09-2017, 02:29 PM
The Manchester Piccadilly to Old Trafford trains were cancelled yesterday due to security concerns.

Not sure what is happening this weekend

EddieEdwards
18-09-2017, 02:45 PM
The Manchester Piccadilly to Old Trafford trains were cancelled yesterday due to security concerns.

Not sure what is happening this weekendWe have Man City this weekend anyway - Man Utd is the week after.

macstar
18-09-2017, 05:52 PM
We have Man City this weekend anyway - Man Utd is the week after.

whoops lol

Owngoal
18-09-2017, 06:05 PM
If you're buying a ticket from London make sure you get one to Manchester (all stations) - easy online - as this includes the station at Old Trafford.

In my experience you need to leave pretty smartish for the first train from Old Trafford station.

Wish I had thought of that one!

SHIPEAGLE
18-09-2017, 06:15 PM

Last season there were 3 trains from Piccadilly to Manchester United Football Ground think all were direct but after the game the first train only went to Oxford Road but easy change for Piccadilly, not sure about the other two.
Details of the trains are shown in the station and at the ticket office.
Details are also shown on Northern Rail website probably from Wednesday.
It is advisable to get out the ground quickly in order to get the first train back

Ruskin Old Boy
18-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Wish I had thought of that one!

Happens - easier when you're booking online.

Prefer the tram but it takes ages - but not a problem if you're making a weekend of it.

jamieb73
20-09-2017, 01:56 PM
cant seem to book the coach online CPFC, any reasons why?

EddieEdwards
20-09-2017, 06:58 PM
cant seem to book the coach online CPFC, any reasons why?It's often like that online. Either the coaches are full and they're not taking any more bookings, or they just haven't loaded the tickets onto the online system. Suggest you call or email the box office to check whether they have any tickets available.

Oli28
25-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Showing as sold out now.

EddieEdwards
25-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Showing as sold out now.It's been showing that on and off for the last few days. It may actually be true now, or they may just need to load more tickets onto the system.

Oli28
25-09-2017, 03:28 PM
It's been showing that on and off for the last few days. It may actually be true now, or they may just need to load more tickets onto the system.
Hopefully!

Oli28
25-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Small number back on sale now.

racehorse-80s
25-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Goodluck to the brave souls heading to Old Trafford .

Prince Phillip
25-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Tickets not received yet. Ordered Sept 9th. Mildly relaxed about the situation!

Worksop Palace
25-09-2017, 08:21 PM

Admit it, you're secretly hoping they don't turn up aren't you ?

:D

ebyeeckeagle
25-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Goodluck to the brave souls heading to Old Trafford .

Less worried about this then Man City, I have to say. Only concern now is extra time in my lads cup match in the morning. That could scupper things.

Prince Phillip
25-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Admit it, you're secretly hoping they don't turn up aren't you ?

:D

I've given Virgin Trains a non refundable kings ransom, so I'm kinda committed!

Pointsforprizes
25-09-2017, 10:39 PM

I'm still waiting for my Middlesbrough ticket to be delivered from over a year ago!

bellalove
26-09-2017, 02:17 AM
Got to love the consistency of play that Manchester United have this season. It will be a sure win this weekend as they go head to head against Crystal Palace who hasn't won any match yet.

Dorking .Eagle
26-09-2017, 05:22 AM
:jerkit:

Kirby
26-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Got to love the consistency of play that Manchester United have this season. It will be a sure win this weekend as they go head to head against Crystal Palace who hasn't won any match yet.

You're going to look like a right knob when we win 0-5.

waddoneagle
26-09-2017, 10:06 AM

Tosser

EdMan
26-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Looking for attention are we? Bless. :D

SHIPEAGLE
27-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Train details for Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester United now on Northern Rail website will post detail later when have more time

jjeagle
27-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Train details for Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester United now on Northern Rail website will post detail later when have more time

Much appreciated thank you. I looked this morning and "error" came up. Just got to sort out a match ticket now? Does anybody know if the ticket office ever gets any returns?

HOVE EAGLE
27-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Much appreciated thank you. I looked this morning and "error" came up. Just got to sort out a match ticket now? Does anybody know if the ticket office ever gets any returns?

Two tickets are for sale on trading thread

jjeagle
27-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Two tickets are for sale on trading thread

Just seen them. Thank you :p

Owngoal
27-09-2017, 10:52 AM

To save you time ShipEagle
13.19 & 13.55 from Piccadilly to ground (12 minute journey) and 17.04, 17.35 & 18.14 back from ground to Piccadilly.

5.80 return

New LP
27-09-2017, 11:05 AM

Let's hope none of your fans get their faces stamped on in Russia eh?

EddieEdwards
27-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Now officially sold out. Waiting list in place for returns.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/tickets-man-united-sold-out/

jmemour
27-09-2017, 11:39 AM
How big was our allocation? Impressive to have sold out when you consider our shocking form

EddieEdwards
27-09-2017, 12:04 PM
How big was our allocation? Impressive to have sold out when you consider our shocking form3,000 would have been the maximum but the club certainly would not have taken the full allocation. They haven't said how many they took so it's difficult to say how impressive it is that we sold out. :)

jamieb73
27-09-2017, 12:10 PM

Del Fenner
27-09-2017, 12:37 PM
http://cloudfront.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Former-US-President-Georg-016-628x353.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/aa/c3/73/aac3735c5d8f8d09b2f2604196eebb0b.jpg

jjeagle
28-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Put myself on the waiting list yesterday for a ticket. Very helpful guy on the phone (Ryan l think) Got a call back this morning to say that they have got one for me. Very efficient. I think that l am happy that l've got a ticket??;)

stamford triumph
29-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Anyone know the situation regarding trains from Piccadilly to the annoyingly named Manchester United Football Ground station? Looked on National Rail website and it only shows two trains, the last of which leaves at 1.55. Surely there must be more options than that?

sherstonpalace
29-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Anyone know the situation regarding trains from Piccadilly to the annoyingly named Manchester United Football Ground station? Looked on National Rail website and it only shows two trains, the last of which leaves at 1.55. Surely there must be more options than that?

Trams every 12 minutes from Piccadilly to old Trafford, I think. Drops you at the Old Trafford cricket ground - easy walk from there.

EddieEdwards
29-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Anyone know the situation regarding trains from Piccadilly to the annoyingly named Manchester United Football Ground station? Looked on National Rail website and it only shows two trains, the last of which leaves at 1.55. Surely there must be more options than that?See this post (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=13868462#post13868462).

stamford triumph
30-09-2017, 11:18 AM
I know that's what it says but I can't believe a ground holding 70, 000 only has 2 trains (the trams take much longer). And they say Selhurst is difficult to get to!

Dorking .Eagle
30-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I know I'm not in a great mood right now, and if I missed it then my bad, but it would have been nice for Palace to have passed on the message from Man United that they do not allow even small bags into the stadium. :wallbash: :veryangry

Mad Raschic Ken
30-09-2017, 06:42 PM
I know I'm not in a great mood right now, and if I missed it then my bad, but it would have been nice for Palace to have passed on the message from Man United that they do not allow even small bags into the stadium. :wallbash: :veryangry

Agree. Strange rule that we could have been told about.

HOVE EAGLE
30-09-2017, 07:32 PM

I had a small bag with a sandwich in it
Wouldn't let me in so had to go to the other side of the stadium to queu to put my bag in
Had to leave early to get it back as otherwise would have missed my train
Steward seemed very pleased to do his job
Should have had a place to leave bag at away end

mether
30-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Even had to drop my daughters handbag off , 13 ffs . What made it worse we had entered the stadium before her. When we complained the jobsworth said that all away clubs are notified before visiting old Trafford. Seems to been ignored with the
Home fans with bags from united megastore in the next section. Last year got stopped for eating a burger, still no idea why?

Lingfield Eagle
30-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Hopefully won't have these problems at Burton Albion next year.

cjcpfc
01-10-2017, 07:27 AM
I had a small bag with a sandwich in it
Wouldn't let me in so had to go to the other side of the stadium to queu to put my bag in
Had to leave early to get it back as otherwise would have missed my train
Steward seemed very pleased to do his job
Should have had a place to leave bag at away end

I got told by a steward who searched me before i even got into the ground that I may not allow my bag in (a4 book size im with my study book). Someone else said I couldnt as I walked round. Wanted me to place it somewhere else. I looked up their bag policy online and it said small bags allowed but must be able to put under seat. Which I can easily do thought no problems.

Got to turnstyles and they said it was too big. I showed them what manutd.com said regarding bags so he called his supervisor over who took everything out of it and handed to me confiscated the food i had in there and he let me into the 2nd phase of the wall with my bag and i was escorted to the next person. Again he checked my bag then tagged it.

What annoyed me on train back to picadilly I see a utd fan with a backpack (laptop size) have the same colour tag as me on his bag!

Tony Montana
01-10-2017, 08:07 AM
I got told by a steward who searched me before i even got into the ground that I may not allow my bag in (a4 book size im with my study book). Someone else said I couldnt as I walked round. Wanted me to place it somewhere else. I looked up their bag policy online and it said small bags allowed but must be able to put under seat. Which I can easily do thought no problems.

Got to turnstyles and they said it was too big. I showed them what manutd.com said regarding bags so he called his supervisor over who took everything out of it and handed to me confiscated the food i had in there and he let me into the 2nd phase of the wall with my bag and i was escorted to the next person. Again he checked my bag then tagged it.

What annoyed me on train back to picadilly I see a utd fan with a backpack (laptop size) have the same colour tag as me on his bag!

Study book? not sure you should have been allowed in at all

Yoda
01-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Just googled their bag policy and you can see that Burton posted a warning on line to their fans.

Seems OTT to me, as I’ve been to numerous events where they say small bags only (which usually means handbag size). As a consequence most people then don’t bring a bag, and those with small ones have to queue for a search and security tag.

If they did forewarn Palace, I agree that it was poor of Palace not to pass on this info...they send out plenty of promo emails each week and an announcement like this could have been highlighted.

Manchester should also highlight this on their tickets, as it isn’t the normal procedure for small bags at Prem matches.

CJ PLUM
01-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Just googled their bag policy and you can see that Burton posted a warning on line to their fans.

Seems OTT to me, as I’ve been to numerous events where they say small bags only (which usually means handbag size). As a consequence most people then don’t bring a bag, and those with small ones have to queue for a search and security tag.

If they did forewarn Palace, I agree that it was poor of Palace not to pass on this info...they send out plenty of promo emails each week and an announcement like this could have been highlighted.

Manchester should also highlight this on their tickets, as it isn’t the normal procedure for small bags at Prem matches.

Searched their website and eventually found it In FAQ section with link to pdf list. A nice simple document to understand but why would any frequent away fan at Old Trafford go searching for this information.

http://www.manutd.com/pix/emails/Files/2016/07Jul/PROHIBITED_ITEMS_MUFC.pdf

WARNING Apparently Newcastle have a similar policy on small bags.

cjcpfc
01-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Study book? not sure you should have been allowed in at all

Yeah a 2 1/2 hour train journey and time to study for a diploma im doing for work!

cjcpfc
01-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Searched their website and eventually found it In FAQ section with link to pdf list. A nice simple document to understand but why would any frequent away fan at Old Trafford go searching for this information.

http://www.manutd.com/pix/emails/Files/2016/07Jul/PROHIBITED_ITEMS_MUFC.pdf

My downfall was I googled it and came up with this link

http://www.manutd.com/pix/emails/Files/2014/Oct/Away%20Supporters%20Guide12.pdf

think the clue 2014 said it all. But in my defence I dont see the link on my phone

Which is also on the supporters guide from this link

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/preview-manchester-united-v-crystal-palace/

Barbara4003
01-10-2017, 09:41 AM
I did notice a few women having trouble at the turnstiles with their bags, but strangely I was let in with my bag and so was my daughter with a fairly large handbag. The girl at the turnstile just asked to look inside then put a tag on them. Maybe by the time we went in, she had had enough of people complaining.

CJ PLUM
01-10-2017, 09:44 AM
My downfall was I googled it and came up with this link

http://www.manutd.com/pix/emails/Files/2014/Oct/Away%20Supporters%20Guide12.pdf

think the clue 2014 said it all. But in my defence I dont see the link on my phone

Which is also on the supporters guide from this link

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/preview-manchester-united-v-crystal-palace/

Man Utd stewards claimed that CPFC had been told of the change in policy for this season and google checks show that West Ham posted a warning before their game earlier this season which suggests that clubs had been informed.

There seems to be a total failure within the communications department who seem able to produce entertaining and interesting videos but are are unable to publicise this basic information.

Dorking .Eagle
01-10-2017, 12:24 PM

Thank you for the warning, and worth repeating

Hope this doesn't become a trend, although doubt it will apply in the championship next year

Dorking .Eagle
01-10-2017, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the warning, and worth repeating

Won't be a problem next season in the Champo.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Hopefully won't have these problems at Burton Albion next year.

:supergrin:

EddieEdwards
01-10-2017, 01:33 PM
I know that's what it says but I can't believe a ground holding 70, 000 only has 2 trains (the trams take much longer).That line is not up to handling a full, regular service for matches. The small number of trains that they run are really just an add-on to the trams which provide the main service from city to ground. The trams really don't take that much longer, although the stops are of course a bit further from the ground.

Chillo
01-10-2017, 07:40 PM
I did notice a few women having trouble at the turnstiles with their bags, but strangely I was let in with my bag and so was my daughter with a fairly large handbag. The girl at the turnstile just asked to look inside then put a tag on them. Maybe by the time we went in, she had had enough of people complaining.

There was an old couple two rows behind me and her bag was large, but had got through. I was told my bag was "too big", even when I showed it had contact lenses and solution in it and glasses, I was asked "why don't you put your lenses in?" Steward was a non-glasses/lenses wearer, as he didn't understand sometimes there might be problems with lenses; he also wasn't interested - give someone a high-vis jacket and they think they're special :jerkit:

That was after I was asked to have my bag searched on the other side of the container depot, by two high-vis jacket wearing lads. I said this is a public road and over half a mile from the ground, so 'no'. :clown:

Kirby
02-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Never been frisked more vigorously than at the Etihad and Old Trafford the past week.

I guess they've tightened up security after the MEN Arena bombing which is fair enough.