PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Ricki Lambert

Eaglesmad123
02-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Available on a free.

9Freedman9
02-09-2017, 05:36 PM
I was actually thinking this yesterday. Released by Colin at Cardiff though and that's his sort of striker so it does make you wonder why!

EmmerGreenEagle
02-09-2017, 05:41 PM
I think he's been constantly injured since he signed for them

JAS78
02-09-2017, 05:43 PM
I was actually thinking this yesterday. Released by Colin at Cardiff though and that's his sort of striker so it does make you wonder why!

Broke his leg and was in and out the team when he came back struggling for form, plus you'd imagine he was one of their highest earners.

9Freedman9
02-09-2017, 06:00 PM
I'd rather take a gamble on him than Niasse to be honest!

Danny_Cheviot
02-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Point to prove?

PeterH
02-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Can't be worse than Remy, AJ or Doyle.

JAS78
02-09-2017, 06:11 PM
If he's fit I'd get him in on a 6 month deal, even if he's only 50% of what he was 4/5 years a go he'd still offer something.

mushroom
02-09-2017, 06:13 PM
He'd be good to throw on if we're chasing a game.

Owngoal
02-09-2017, 06:17 PM
He could have a trial to see his fitness and playing level. Odd career in that for a couple of years late on in his career the guy was on fire.

gold76
03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Worth a deal till January you'd have thought

stumpy feelers
03-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Well past his sell buy date.... Sign him up

cpfcfan1
03-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Sign him up on a four year deal then we can all moan 3 years down the line that we can't shift him

swissroll
03-09-2017, 08:55 AM
he will never get on the pitch - completely broken

mushroom
03-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Short term deal, he's made his money... he should be happy with minimal wages with bonuses for playing time/goals

spt1978
03-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Would be a waste of money.

Reg_Maudling
03-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Has similar sized head to benteke could stand on the penalty spot like benteke and wait for the perfect cross

AJ8
03-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Rickie Lambert. FFS....

Nigelbrag
03-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Is this suggestion for real? i need reminding, are Palace a premiership club? if yes can we seriously be talking about a player that can't even find a Div 2 club willing to take him on.
Do people want us to become the laughing stock premiership club of football, i can just see the Brighton fans in uncontrollable fits of laughter if this was to ever happen.

Skiddo
03-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I'd rather have Ricki Lake.

cpfc4evandeva
03-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Can't be worse than Remy, AJ or Doyle.

When these 3 are the benchmark, you know things are bad :(

Pubface
03-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Is he better than the alternative we have for the next 6 months should anything happen to Benteke. Imo yes then why not. Desperate times though.

Jim Cannon
03-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Do me a favour. He's been past it for a good couple of years

S.P.R.
03-09-2017, 11:01 AM
When these 3 are the benchmark, you know things are bad :(

To be fair I know Remy was injured all the time, then s**t for us on the odd couple times he played, but I think if he had a run of games and styed fit he would of got a lot of his sharpness back and would not have been that bad.

He just hadn't played/trained enough in the last year.

I guess too much of an injury gamble.

RCUK
03-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Maybe on a pay per game deal.

Real shame this is what we have been reduced to.

CP-RJW
03-09-2017, 12:11 PM
To be fair I know Remy was injured all the time, then s**t for us on the odd couple times he played, but I think if he had a run of games and styed fit he would of got a lot of his sharpness back and would not have been that bad.

He just hadn't played/trained enough in the last year.

I guess too much of an injury gamble.
I thought Remy was alright on the few occasions he did play.

orp pisshead1
03-09-2017, 12:11 PM
I think he's been constantly injured since he signed for them

He'll fit in then :(. Maybe it's his age catching up with him as i think his injury record before wasn't too bad. Maybe NW released him due to financial constraints?. We just can't risk it if he has injury issues. Whatever happens this season sod the stadium sort out the scouting department and academy ( for our long term future).

orp pisshead1
03-09-2017, 12:15 PM

Yep and our own fault too.

rambo1
03-09-2017, 12:37 PM

The Closure of the Loan window to the Football League,
after the Transfer window Closes.
Has made this Necessary,hence,the Space being Left,Last Season,to Sign Mathieu Flamini,& this Season for a Forward.

Oli28
03-09-2017, 12:47 PM

He wouldn't earn much then

dowieslovechild
03-09-2017, 02:12 PM
No thanks. I would rather see us using one of our kids.

exiledeagle1
03-09-2017, 03:22 PM
I'd rather have Damo up front.

cpfcfan1
25-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Go get him.

Levski
25-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Done nothing since leaving Southampton and suffered horrible injury. Released by Cardiff, which shows we are desperate. Seems a bad idea, but I guess we have nothing to lose.

DARZET EAGLE
25-09-2017, 06:52 PM
Done nothing since leaving Southampton and suffered horrible injury. Released by Cardiff, which shows we are desperate. Seems a bad idea, but I guess we have nothing to lose.

We have everything to lose, just one squad place left for a decent forward. Lambert has had his day.

Shipp Ahoy!
25-09-2017, 07:23 PM
We have everything to lose, just one squad place left for a decent forward. Lambert has had his day.

Depends if you mean for another free agent, otherwise contract until end of Jan...

S.P.R.
25-09-2017, 07:38 PM
This is very unlikely, here's why.

He was released by Cardiff, not because he was past it, but because of his injuries.

He did ok with Cardiff, won them a game with a brace and got a few other goals in an 18 appearance spell before a bad injury.

If we were to sign him, it would mean the injury has fully healed and he has been doing something to keep/get back to fitness, so much so, that he is only around one match away from being able to be chucked into a Premier League game.

Somehow, I find all of that very unlikely.

Silks&Tekkers
26-09-2017, 07:32 AM
Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard we are seriously taking a look at him and he's actually been around the training ground already...

Latvian Eagle
26-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard we are seriously taking a look at him and he's actually been around the training ground already...

He ain't that bad.

macstar
26-09-2017, 07:43 AM

Guess he'll play in that friendly

eagle-leg
26-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Sensible option to me. Experienced pro.

elgin eagle
26-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Guess he'll play in that friendly

What could possibly go wrong? :)

elgin eagle
26-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Just need to sign Butland now.

spt1978
26-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Jesus Christ, he is finishe, play a youngster instead.

Pinkie Brown
26-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Don't shoot the messenger

Don't worry if we were to try to shoot the messenger we'd only miss anyway

elgin eagle
26-09-2017, 08:54 AM

Pretty sure he's English.

dowieslovechild
26-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Can we plead with Campbell to come back, tell him that it's all been a horrible mistake? It's not like it would be the first time this season that we'd have said that.

Alternatively, it's time for Mark Bright to start earning his crust, stick him upfront. The most overpaid chaperone in the Premier League.

Pinkie Brown
26-09-2017, 08:55 AM

Yep either play a youngster or just close the Academy as a bad idea.
If literally no-one is worth risking in the situation we are in now there is no point in it existing.

EdMan
26-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Can we plead with Campbell to come back, tell him that it's all been a horrible mistake? It's not like it would be the first time this season that we'd have said that.

Alternatively, it's time for Mark Bright to start earning his crust, stick him upfront. The most overpaid chaperone in the Premier League.

If Campbell's available that would surely make sense wouldn't it?

Latvian Eagle
26-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Campbell is at Hull.

spt1978
26-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Pretty sure he's English.

:D

swissroll
26-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Is AJs knee better now or Clints shoulder?

DARZET EAGLE
26-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Is he better than the alternative we have for the next 6 months should anything happen to Benteke. Imo yes then why not. Desperate times though.

Did you look at your tea leaves or crystal ball?:eek:

dowieslovechild
26-09-2017, 10:39 AM

I think Campbell's contract expired, went to Hull on a free transfer. Think we agreed to let him pay his medical bill off by direct debit?

Skintagain
27-09-2017, 06:48 AM

Agreed past his best but might still pull off a miracle, might be the only option come January.

Skintagain
27-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Lambert coming up again in Newsnow.
Might be able to do a job, after all a big lump would be handy at corners and may be able to hold the ball up for a vital few seconds.
A run out at the training ground wouldn't hurt.

philsick
27-09-2017, 07:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2431460524/002451375_400x400.jpg

Asagaya_Eagle
27-09-2017, 07:31 AM
And our other options right now are...?

ANDI29
27-09-2017, 07:36 AM
He certainly can take a free kick so he might get us a goal via that

Tim
27-09-2017, 07:52 AM
please don't do this, We're already a massive laughing stock.

You have to hand it to Steve Parish, he keeps on finding ways of taking us to a new low this season. Keep up the good work Steve!

jhc
27-09-2017, 07:52 AM
I think he should be invited to train with the club to assess his fitness before any decision is made about offering a short term contract. I think that should apply to all the non-contract players out there. Prove your fitness & sharpness and suitability before the club commits themselves - full stop!

JackTheBiscuit
27-09-2017, 08:12 AM
I think he should be invited to train with the club to assess his fitness before any decision is made about offering a short term contract. I think that should apply to all the non-contract players out there. Prove your fitness & sharpness and suitability before the club commits themselves - full stop!

We'll hand him a four year contract on £50k per week with no relegation escape clause

beef
27-09-2017, 08:15 AM
If he can do a job what's the problem? He'll likely be on a short-term contract and may give us something extra to see us through to January. I remember a similar reaction on here when we signed Kevin Phillips...

dannyb1
27-09-2017, 08:17 AM

good on the end of crosses, could be the key to palaces resurrection.

Benzhiyi
27-09-2017, 08:19 AM
- We have a space in the squad
- We have zero fit senior strikers
- We haven't scored in the league all season
- It'd be some achievement to do worse as a lone frontman than Sako or Dann

A three-month deal, with goal scoring incentives and an option of extending to the end of the season if he performs well, might work for both sides and drive him to get fit. His game was never based on pace, and there's plenty of experience there.

cpfcfan1
27-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Actually moves around unlike benteke

Would be useful for few months

Eagle's Nest
27-09-2017, 08:24 AM

A three-month deal, with goal scoring incentives and an option of extending to the end of the season if he performs well, might work for both sides and drive him to get fit. His game was never based on pace, and there's plenty of experience there.

We have youngsters who can play up front. Quick and enthusiastic youngsters.

I bet Ricki fails the medical...

Eagle's Nest
27-09-2017, 08:26 AM
I suppose a zero hours contract until January can do no harm.

rambo1
27-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Actually moves around unlike benteke

Would be useful for few months

Absolutely.
Exactly the Reason the Space was Created,by Releasing Kleton Perntreou.
See,Carlton Cole,33,is another Linked.

Eagle's Nest
27-09-2017, 08:31 AM
I swear to god you have a machine gun loaded with commas, rambo.

cpfc4evandeva
27-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Is his name really 'Ricki'? I thought it would be 'Ricky'?

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 08:34 AM

I completely agree with your post Ben. Totally how I feel.

It's one thing to play youngsters but not good for them or us if people start booing them if they don't perform which knowing our support lately is likely to happen.

I would be more than happy with Lambert on a 3 month deal with an option to extend.

JackTheBiscuit
27-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Absolutely.

There is a reason his last three clubs have been in the Scottish Premiership, the US League and Indonesian league......................I think I'd cry if we turned out for us.

swissroll
27-09-2017, 08:40 AM
From wales online: Ricky Lambert - Where did it all go wrong

"Lambert's steep decline can largely be attributed to his injury record. He made just five starts for West Brom in 2015/16, so maybe Cardiff's interest was misplaced and the fitness travails might have been foreseen. But with the 2016/17 campaign beginning badly for Trollope's Bluebirds, they had to signal their intent with an eye-catching deadline day move. Lambert was bought and most fans agreed he stood a good chance of succeeding in South Wales."

"Lambert made just 13 starts for Cardiff"

9Freedman9
27-09-2017, 08:41 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/nintchdbpict000000724704.jpg?w=325

The only person who would know is her.

beef
27-09-2017, 08:42 AM

Rickie

rambo1
27-09-2017, 08:42 AM

No its Rickie.

CamberleyEagle
27-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Per the Independent article, 'Steve Parish is a long time admirer' - this is the root of so many of our problems. He really should be leaving this to the experts.

Nigelbrag
27-09-2017, 08:59 AM
To have to go down this path is unbelievable, how was it allowed to get to this situation? questions need answering at some stage if the worst was to happen and heads need to roll which is only right for the consequences relegation will have on the club.
Steve Parish runs a business empire, what action would he take if a similar avoidable problem was to happen to One of those companies? Heads would Roll, and not just scapegoats like FdB was.
As for Lambert, when desperate it calls for desperate measures i suppose but should a Premiership club be looking at someone like him who is well past his sell by date, but i suppose this is yet another farcical event in a season that beggars belief.
Why the hell don't we give Ladappo a chance? under normal circumstances we would not but this is not normal, also recall Anderson and have him initially on the bench to come on and who knows what may happen, these are OUR players on OUR books that we pay wages for, why add another to the wage bill when in all likely hood he won't make any difference to our position.
If we don't try them then what is the point of having these players on the books, decisions made at the club baffles me at times.

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 09:01 AM
To have to go down this path is unbelievable, how was it allowed to get to this situation? questions need answering at some stage if the worst was to happen and heads need to roll which is only right for the consequences relegation will have on the club.
Steve Parish runs a business empire, what action would he take if a similar avoidable problem was to happen to One of those companies? Heads would Roll, and not just scapegoats like FdB was.
As for Lambert, when desperate it calls for desperate measures i suppose but should a Premiership club be looking at someone like him who is well past his sell by date, but i suppose this is yet another farcical event in a season that beggars belief.
Why the hell don't we give Ladappo a chance? under normal circumstances we would not but this is not normal, also recall Anderson and have him initially on the bench to come on and who knows what may happen, these are OUR players on OUR books that we pay wages for, why add another to the wage bill when in all likely hood he won't make any difference to our position.
If we don't try them then what is the point of having these players on the books, decisions made at the club baffles me at times.

1. We can't recall Anderson.

2. If we could he couldn't be registered in the 25.

3. I don't know much about Ladapo but the fact he hasn't even been on the bench when he is our only back up striker tells me he can't be that highly thought of.

Golf Boy
27-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Per the Independent article, 'Steve Parish is a long time admirer' - this is the root of so many of our problems. He really should be leaving this to the experts.

Long time admirer of Sako and Mutch no doubt too.

macstar
27-09-2017, 09:06 AM

3. I don't know much about Ladapo but the fact he hasn't even been on the bench when he is our only back up striker tells me he can't be that highly thought of.

absolutely huge step up from the youth team to a prem team, people dont seem to realise that

Lambert has experience and expertise in the box. He'll have to do.

Golf Boy
27-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Doyle and AJ all over again.

Windsor_Eagle
27-09-2017, 09:09 AM

You'd hope we'd be that sensible...

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 09:11 AM
absolutely huge step up from the youth team to a prem team, people dont seem to realise that

Lambert has experience and expertise in the box. He'll have to do.

Youth team. Ladapo is about 25.

Windsor_Eagle
27-09-2017, 09:12 AM

One word in the independent used as a linking phrase (journalistic license perhaps) and immediately it is seized upon.

Is there any proof / evidence whatsoever that Parish is an admirer of Lambert?

T.C.
27-09-2017, 09:15 AM

or Kevin Phillips

bigend1
27-09-2017, 09:15 AM

Do you really think that's what is happening?

BB Bob
27-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Even if you were to sign a free agent, they would still be several weeks from match fitness.

How on earth a professional premiership football club could find itself in this position beggars belief.......

JackTheBiscuit
27-09-2017, 09:32 AM

it is far far worse than that - they were only squad fillers. Not first choice

andyocpfc
27-09-2017, 09:37 AM

This is also the problem, fans believing everything newspaper writes and taking as gospel. Just because a paper writes something like this doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

macstar
27-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Youth team. Ladapo is about 25.

young compared to me. lol

I got him confused with that Lemeka fella lol

mushroom
27-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I think I’d have him over Bentekkers at the mo

gold76
27-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Absolutely.

Carlton Cole is currently on the telly box with Gerry Francis, its a sign!

New LP
27-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Would have been great 5 years ago. I'm sure it wasn't just Parish who admired him back then.

JamTheEagle
27-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Just LOL at this.

JackTheBiscuit
27-09-2017, 10:06 AM
This is also the problem, fans believing everything newspaper writes and taking as gospel. Just because a paper writes something like this doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Unless it is written by Neil Ashton or Ed Malyon ...........

Nigelbrag
27-09-2017, 10:15 AM

Ok i accept we cant recall Anderson, which seems a ludicrous position to have put ourselves in with our striker position. Hindsight?
As for Ladappo, under normal circumstances he would Not be considered, but the club have created this situ themselves with NO other suitable alternatives. He did not look that bad in preseason when he put himself about and harassed defenders, did he not get on the bench recently? off course that alone is not acceptable for a premiership striker, but is the current Lambert the answer and should we be adding unnecessarily to the wage bill was my point.
What is probably more to the point is the club letting itself get into this position.

DARZET EAGLE
27-09-2017, 10:18 AM
please don't do this, We're already a massive laughing stock.

You have to hand it to Steve Parish, he keeps on finding ways of taking us to a new low this season. Keep up the good work Steve!

If he comes in this post might come back to bite you.;)

DARZET EAGLE
27-09-2017, 10:22 AM

Raw and inexperienced but so was Ian Wright, givehim a go.

New LP
27-09-2017, 10:27 AM
or Kevin Phillips

Not really.

Phillips was signed when we were in the Championship as back up to Murray. He'd been scoring regularly for Blackpool before joining in that league. It was an intelligent signing, which made sense and reaped rewards.

As a Premier League club the signings of AJ and Doyle, who were both past it at Championship level were embarrassing. As is this situation now.

DARZET EAGLE
27-09-2017, 10:29 AM

We will never know unless he has a chance. He scores regularly for the developement squad. He is raw but knows where the net is.

DARZET EAGLE
27-09-2017, 10:32 AM
young compared to me. lol

I got him confused with that Lemeka fella lol

Yep therer's a 'L' of confusion what with Lemeke, Lokilo and Ladapo.:confused:

gold76
27-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Ladapo would be ideal for the Bristol City game

I can see him sadly getting dogs abuse in a premier league game

the drexciyan
27-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Jeez we ******* deserve to go down with this shambles of striker situation.

mushroom
27-09-2017, 04:10 PM
He’ll get the winner vs the ‘weed.

#culthero

beef
27-09-2017, 04:24 PM

Nobody deserves to go down

New LP
27-09-2017, 04:25 PM
We will never know unless he has a chance. He scores regularly for the developement squad. He is raw but knows where the net is.

I guess he does get assessed in training.

T.C.
27-09-2017, 04:31 PM
How many weeks will this drag on for?

New LP
27-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Maybe we won't sign him until he can be photographed with Parish and it can be posted on Twitter?

cpfc4evandeva
27-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Maybe we won't sign him until he can be photographed with Parish and it can be posted on Twitter?

Banger
27-09-2017, 05:16 PM
vEEufv5aNLw

Banger
27-09-2017, 05:17 PM
If only he still this good. Worth a punt!

west eagle
27-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Would take him weeks to get up to any form of fitness,

Penstone Eagle
27-09-2017, 06:25 PM

Yes.

Penstone Eagle
27-09-2017, 06:26 PM

JDawg
27-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Would take him weeks to get up to any form of fitness,

Which is the issue. We need cover until January and you won't get 90 minutes from him before then. So either cover for the makeshift front line, a hedge against further injuries or an option iff the bench.

It's a shame Zlatan re-signed for the Mancs. I'd happily see him get fit at Selhurst

the drexciyan
27-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Clinton never let us down. Get him back.

beef
27-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Could be our new Jon Macken. I was so excited when we signed him.

Palestinian
27-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Could be our new Jon Macken. I was so excited when we signed him.
That's if we get relegated and sell the family silver of Wilf etc.; we will then invest it in the equivalents of Macken, Tony Craig and Darren Ward.

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 09:02 PM
That's if we get relegated and sell the family silver of Wilf etc.; we will then invest it in the equivalents of Macken, Tony Craig and Darren Ward.

Darren Ward was decent when he could be bothered. Tony Craig on the other hand always was and still is complete shit.

beef
27-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Completely forgot about Tony Craig!

Cpfcbob
27-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Would have Lambert all day long over Carlton Cole whos name is now latest to be joining us

Below is Cole last report from prev club lol

BANDUNG: Former West Ham and Chelsea striker Carlton Cole is to be sacked by Indonesia’s Persib after failing to find the net since his arrival in March, the team’s manager said.

Cole has played “very badly” and will be replaced for the second stage of the season, which starts on Saturday, Persib manager Umuh Muchtar said yesterday.

“It’s the management’s decision to dismiss him, we will have a new player in the second round of the season,” Umuh said.

“He plays very badly compared to the other (foreign players) who have joined Persib.

He had the worst performance,” Umuh added.

Cole joined Persib two weeks after his former Chelsea teammate Michael Essien in what was a buying spree for the Bandung-based club.

Cole signed a one-year contract for an undisclosed sum with Persib, owned by Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir who is also president of Italian giants Inter Milan.

Eighteen teams play in the new Liga 1, which was formed after a row between Indonesia’s Sports Ministry and the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI) prompted the country’s suspension by FIFA, and left it without a competition for two years

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/football/2017/08/02/its-a-cole-hard-fact-carltons-so-bad-that-he-will-be-axed/#MvsQXZSaJT82pCzl.99

bigend1
27-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Would have Lambert all day long over Carlton Cole whos name is now latest to be joining us

Below is Cole last report from prev club lol

BANDUNG: Former West Ham and Chelsea striker Carlton Cole is to be sacked by Indonesia’s Persib after failing to find the net since his arrival in March, the team’s manager said.

Cole has played “very badly” and will be replaced for the second stage of the season, which starts on Saturday, Persib manager Umuh Muchtar said yesterday.

“It’s the management’s decision to dismiss him, we will have a new player in the second round of the season,” Umuh said.

“He plays very badly compared to the other (foreign players) who have joined Persib.

He had the worst performance,” Umuh added.

Cole joined Persib two weeks after his former Chelsea teammate Michael Essien in what was a buying spree for the Bandung-based club.

Cole signed a one-year contract for an undisclosed sum with Persib, owned by Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir who is also president of Italian giants Inter Milan.

Eighteen teams play in the new Liga 1, which was formed after a row between Indonesia’s Sports Ministry and the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI) prompted the country’s suspension by FIFA, and left it without a competition for two years

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/football/2017/08/02/its-a-cole-hard-fact-carltons-so-bad-that-he-will-be-axed/#MvsQXZSaJT82pCzl.99

There is another independent article saying about the arguments behind the scenes between manager and owner about players. Cole got caught up in it and was used by the manager to have a go.

He's fit, younger, less injury prime and suited to us. Far better option than lambert

jimmy the gent
27-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Carlton Cole is from Croydon tho, therefore will happen.

macstar
27-09-2017, 11:00 PM

thats how i feel. What a grim way for us to lose our premier league status after "holding our own" for the last 4 years.....we've had ample chance to establish ourselves and be a "Stoke" but a catalogue of errors especially this summer probably will doom us. Sad times.

elgin eagle
27-09-2017, 11:07 PM
thats how i feel. What a grim way for us to lose our premier league status after "holding our own" for the last 4 years.....we've had ample chance to establish ourselves and be a "Stoke" but a catalogue of errors especially this summer probably will doom us. Sad times.

At least the hedge funds won't get their short sell.

Adlerhorst
27-09-2017, 11:08 PM
What’s Grant Watts doing these days

elgin eagle
27-09-2017, 11:10 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Watts

adrenalin john
27-09-2017, 11:19 PM

Builder

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 11:25 PM

He's on my Facebook. Shall I ask him if he fancies a game?! :moo:

Cpfcbob
27-09-2017, 11:40 PM
There is another independent article saying about the arguments behind the scenes between manager and owner about players. Cole got caught up in it and was used by the manager to have a go.

He's fit, younger, less injury prime and suited to us. Far better option than lambert

I stand by this.... I've always said a goalscorer will always score goals no matter what level they play at. Carlton Cole goal ratio is horrendous. It will be a worse signing than Adebayor.

The striker IMO we should be going for is Claudio Pizarro. Age is just a number - Look at Kev Philips, Teddy Sheringham, John Aldridge, Del Piero.
We need a stand-in striker for 3 months. Give them a huge goal bonus, one last hoorah for them with big money goal incentives could be a blessing in disguise as Bentek was getting super lazy on his own. Jan 1st sign 2 strikers at least.

Shipsisourking
28-09-2017, 03:18 AM
Jan 1st sign 2 strikers at least.

Can you imagine if our club actually signed the players we need on the first day of the transfer window? They had all summer to sort out the striker shortage and the goalkeeper problem, yet acted like dickheads! So I can only assume that with one minute to go on transfer deadline day we will have signed a winger for the u23 side and jack all else.

Benzhiyi
02-10-2017, 11:33 AM
He's just retired. :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
02-10-2017, 11:42 AM

Probably received an offer from us this morning :D

elgin eagle
02-10-2017, 11:45 AM

Who, Lambert or Pizarro? :)

Silks&Tekkers
02-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Lambert

The Drive Man
02-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Phew!

GrayP41ace
02-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Probably received an offer from us this morning :D

:D:D

The Drive Man
02-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Give Ladapo a go- let's see how he gets on for the next few games. Can't be any worse than what we've be doing and you never know high might just step up to the plate! he's pretty confident in himself and wasn't phased at all at the weekend. I don't get why you wouldn't give him a go - he is the only striker we have fit. Make little sense to me to play a winger as
Number 9 when you have Ladapo sat on the bench?

TomEagle
02-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Retired rather than signing for us... says it all