Kidofwonder
04-09-2017, 12:02 PM
the TL/DR version is, sack FDB

gamesmeister
04-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Just listened to this, it's very good.

Billyd
04-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Can do it to death we all know it doesn't work here and wont. Unfortunately the only person who cant see it is the manager.

danpalace07
04-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Unbiased, detailed analysis. Can't beat it.

Martin H
04-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Good listen. There were quite a lot of odd things mentioned. I am not sure they undermine their conclusions and key points though.

- He described our formation last years as 442. We did play with Benteke and Wilf up once or twice but surely we have been largely 451.
- He said FDB's career preferred shape is 343 but it is 433 (according to FDB).
- He described Punch as typically playing behind the CF and great at getting into the box. This is quite an old world view.

What I found the most refreshing was listening to a level headed, intelligent, well articulated set of thoughts without them being talked over or constantly interrupted. Breath of fresh air.

The conclusions make a lot of sense and TBH repeat the points all over the BBS. Why appoint FDB if you aren't willing to back him with time and players. WHY?

There was again an implication that FDB might not be willing to change but it seems he has already changed shape albeit still with 3 CBs. I have some sympathy with FDB here though. What change agent gives up on the change after the first or second attempt/game. So the question pings back to SP which is where they ended.

Must look out for these ongoing as they are a good listen. Thx for the link.

Windsor_Eagle
04-09-2017, 02:23 PM
'Twas a good analysis.

bradpitt
04-09-2017, 02:32 PM
An enjoyable listen, spot on with the majority of their discussion points

jimmy the gent
04-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

justjuice
04-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Yes very good - you can get this podcast on iTunes

TouchyAndalou
04-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Here's a good breakdown this guy did of De Boer's preferred style of play and some of the struggles we had against Huddersfield:

2nJiWY6blWY

bubbs11
05-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Really good listen if very depressing.

Skintagain
05-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Can do it to death we all know it doesn't work here and wont. Unfortunately the only person who cant see it is the manager.

Not sure Parish sees it. I read an interview from him in which he points out our different home and away form and our success when we have high possession and when we don't. We all see that (almost all).
He wants to change it which is why we have de Boer. The issue here is that it needs a wholesale change in personnel, remember Pardew's transition?
The problem that needs resolving is how we get there. It certainly can't be done in one transfer window by buying one albeit top player (Sakho) and one prospect (Reidewald). Given the apparent restrictions we have on spending it will take 3 maybe 4 transfer windows.

chrisophiex
05-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Not sure Parish sees it. I read an interview from him in which he points out our different home and away form and our success when we have high possession and when we don't. We all see that (almost all).
He wants to change it which is why we have de Boer. The issue here is that it needs a wholesale change in personnel, remember Pardew's transition?
The problem that needs resolving is how we get there. It certainly can't be done in one transfer window by buying one albeit top player (Sakho) and one prospect (Reidewald). Given the apparent restrictions we have on spending it will take 3 maybe 4 transfer windows.

Indeed. Evolution not revolution.

Reminds me of classic Partridge:

Alan: I loved that phrase you used, it was very clever – ‘Revolution not evolution'.

Tony: No, it was the opposite. ‘Evolution not revolution'.

Alan: Well whatever. Because that is me. I ‘evolve', but I don't… ‘revolve'…. Or vice-versa. I suppose what you're trying to say is, you don't want another Chris Evans on your hands.

Tony: No, that is what we want.

Alan: I'm your man

mcmean
05-09-2017, 10:22 AM
A very good, informed discussion