PDA

View Full Version : Train back from Liverpool Away

ThisIsDoM
04-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Was anyone else unable to get the 18:47 back from Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston after the Liverpool away match due to overbooking on the train?

I think we ended up back over an hour late and so I've sent a few emails in an attempt to get compensation but I've had nothing back from Virgin.

Anyone else had any luck?

mether
04-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Was anyone else unable to get the 18:47 back from Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston after the Liverpool away match due to overbooking on the train?

I think we ended up back over an hour late and so I've sent a few emails in an attempt to get compensation but I've had nothing back from Virgin.

Anyone else had any luck?

Managed to get the 17.47 back but same problem overbooked, ended up sitting in first class. But it was the same travelling up on the 09.00.

Woosie
04-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Yep. I got a standard template email back which I replied to but nothing since. I would suggest submitting a delay repay claim to cover yourself as well. Their Twitter staff told me it can take 28 days to get a reply. Which I think is shocking

ThisIsDoM
05-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Yep. I got a standard template email back which I replied to but nothing since. I would suggest submitting a delay repay claim to cover yourself as well. Their Twitter staff told me it can take 28 days to get a reply. Which I think is shocking

28 days is ridiculous!

I submitted a delay repay reclaim but they replied saying that their records show that there's no compensation due as the train was only 1 minute late in leaving, which I suppose is true but that's not my issue.. it's the fact that they wouldn't let me on the bloody thing!

I then replied to the email and so I guess I still have another 14 days to go to wait for a reply. :wallbash:

Let me know if you have any luck!

Woosie
15-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Full refund of my return ticket (via cheque) arrived in the post today.