PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Vincent Janssen (January 18 Thread)

GreatGonzo
06-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Given we are likely to need to sign players in January again this season we might as well start the thread early.

So refused a few options on deadline day, club are now going to freeze him out, already left out of the Champions League squad, only in the PL squad due to the size and age of their squad. Told he is not going to play.

Cheeky Jan bid?

CharlieCPFC
06-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Not fancied by many, but it's hard to gauge his ability without giving him a run of first team football. Even when Kane isn't playing Pochettino opts with Son up top. I personally in the limited time seeing him at White Hart lane last season when he came on was impressed. I thought he was technically good and made some intelligent runs.

Only problem I feel is Tottenham would look to recoup a good portion of the money they paid. Cornelius who was at Cardiff who went to Atalanta would've been good business for 3.5M. I still would like to see Mitrovic, I think if you can mature him you'd have a decent player and from a club willing to listen to offers.

Daniel_Nash
07-09-2017, 04:22 AM
He's out of the CL squad because Spurs can only register 21 players. They fall down on the 'club trained' players - only having 2 (Kane and Rose). The other young players are on the B List because they are young enough not to have to be registered.

I struggle to see how anyone could be impressed by him in his limited appearances with Spurs. He holds the ball up because he's not mobile enough to get on the end of passes and not confident enough to attack the ball when it comes to him. He hides in the box, marking himself out of the game but looking busy. Essentially it's a confidence issue. Second fiddle but not taking the chances when they come along, a long run of not scoring, not being picked as a result, and not being brought on because the manager doesn't feel (rightly) that he can change the game.

Unfortunate, really. He should have gone on loan, but apparently the manager admires his attitude to stick it out so you never know...

I wrote a longer post about him in a different thread about striker suggestions.

917L
07-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Has looked absolute pony every time I've seen him for Spurs

gilesy14
07-09-2017, 08:19 AM
My Spurs mates actually quite like him - said he put in a decent shift & just needed a bit of luck which he never got.

I think he wanted to leave Spurs as he wanted to play. I can't see how he'd not be ok with being second fiddle at Spurs but would tolerate it with us...

Daniel_Nash
07-09-2017, 08:34 AM
If he wanted to leave, why did he turn down a loan move to Brighton?

Ah, yeah. Right.

Still, should have a striker who looks capable of scoring and he doesn't.

Stavros 69
07-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Should we be in for players that won't have played for 6 months?

sydnsteve
07-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Not up to it.

GreatGonzo
07-09-2017, 10:46 AM

Sakho.

laboxers
07-09-2017, 10:49 AM

He still might play for Spurs in the league. Its just CL squad he has been left out of

Stavros 69
07-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Sakho.

Injured is different. Plus we know what we're getting with Sakho.

Maidstoned Eagle
07-09-2017, 01:30 PM

Bankruptcy?

gold76
07-09-2017, 05:44 PM
He would be crucified by the boo boys here, clearly a confidence player

GreatGonzo
07-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Hadn't played for 6 months before we signed him in January and was not injured!

Stavros 69
07-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Hadn't played for 6 months before we signed him in January and was not injured!
He's not in the same league as Sakho.
My point is we should be looking for better players who can hit the ground running. Sakho is slightly different as he's been here before and won't need to settle etc
Jansen isn't playing because he's not very good, we can do better.

Selhurst Celtic
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
The Dutch Soldado?

Daniel_Nash
08-09-2017, 07:46 AM
The Dutch Soldado?

Sky are saying he might be off on loan to Fenerbahce where he'll join up with... Soldado :supergrin:

cpfcfan1
08-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Goalado!

TopKnot
08-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Yeah he's gone, season long loan. That's the end of that then.

Selhurst Celtic
08-09-2017, 07:58 PM
He hated the thought of joining Brighton so much he's jumped on the first offer that's come to him to avoid any chance of being forced in that direction in January. I like him.

Mr Palace
09-09-2017, 08:40 AM
We would have signed him if we had of used our premier league loan option more sensibly. Nothing against TFM but we should have used it to sign Janssen.