Cpfcbob
10-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Poor Frank, what a stupid stupid decision to play lee

Reg_Maudling
10-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Roy is the right man for this moment

BERT'S HEAD
10-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Roy's close family connections to the club won't hurt him either.

Reg_Maudling
10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Come on Steve Roy is South London and Proud

jimmy the gent
10-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Welcome Michael O'Neill if the club have any sense.

Far East Eagle
10-09-2017, 02:36 PM
O'Neill is a good shout. It obviously will be Dougie, though

swissroll
10-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Moyes was at the game sitting next to Bright and writing notes for the whole game

Zohar's Penalty
10-09-2017, 02:39 PM
I don't know if this thread is a joke or not. But he can't be any worse.

BERT'S HEAD
10-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Moyes was at the game sitting next to Bright and writing notes for the whole game

I spotted Paul Jewell doing the same.

Icy
10-09-2017, 02:40 PM
**** me this thread is depressing

jimmy the gent
10-09-2017, 02:43 PM

As opposed to the all the others

beef
10-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Bryan Robson is free - got WBA out of trouble

jimmy the gent
10-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Bryan Robson is free - got WBA out of trouble

Only if he brings Steve Kember and George Burley in as backroom staff.

beef
10-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Kenny Dalglish and Peter Reid could pitch in as well

macstar
Only if he brings Steve Kember and George Burley in as backroom staff.

loool *hic*burp*

DaveTuttles
**** off all of you. None of today was the managers fault

S.P.R.
10-09-2017, 02:48 PM

I am sure Zaha would love Moyes...

tbooker
10-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Alan Smith's!

Biggineagle
10-09-2017, 02:50 PM
No to Woy.

TheMexicanHorse

For sure.
He's out of his depth. This was clear prior to his appointment.
The blame lays at Parish and co.
But De Fraud still happy to claim a salary of a month.

JAS78

Agree today, but the fact we were already so shit against two relegation favourites means the pressure was on today.

Epping-eagle
10-09-2017, 02:51 PM

He did pick Lee hahaha

Gathers54
10-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Like he had much choice. Either had with an academy player or an experienced international... not his fault CYL made a suicidal pass when he could have just passed back to Schlupp.

andyocpfc
10-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Jesus, when I first saw this thread I assumed it was Roy Keane being referenced as he was at the game today.

TheCharmer1

Correct. Much improved

Gathers54
Roy the Dinosaur, depressing as shit.

bigend1

He played lee in a front three rather than schlupp

he dropped Luka and played punch

Replaced lee with a kid with zero experience or anything to suggest he was ready

Put a center back into midfield when we are chasing the game

The players have no confidence in themselves or frank

Thefunkymonk
10-09-2017, 02:56 PM
**** that.

We need to actually go get a good manager

jobiinthelastmi
10-09-2017, 02:57 PM
**** that.

Who the hell would join a club like this?

The squad is awful, 1 striker, two wingers.

8 centre backs, a terrible keeper and no creative influence in the middle.

Gathers54
10-09-2017, 02:59 PM
He played lee in a front three rather than schlupp

he dropped Luka and played punch

Replaced lee with a kid with zero experience or anything to suggest he was ready

Put a center back into midfield when we are chasing the game

The players have no confidence in themselves or frank
That's wasn't a performance from a team that has no confidence in the manager

Ogilvy
10-09-2017, 03:01 PM
So after another dull, uninspiring defeat by a crap side, we need a manager that is uplifting, inspirational and can quickly change the fortunes and get the right pegs in the holes.

If I gave that synopsis, and the answer was Hogson Im surprised

Tim
10-09-2017, 03:01 PM

:D:supergrin:

Ralph
10-09-2017, 03:05 PM
I thought we played pretty well today. Of course, difficult to truly judge when a team like Burnley could sit back and defend a gift of a goal against a side low on confidence but how we didn't come away with at least a point is criminal.

Dann could have had a hat trick but his miss at the end was every bit as bad as Lee's back pass.

Genuinely feel sorry for that as it is now the third game in a row thrown away by the players making terrible mistakes and deservedly being punished for them. If I were Parish I would be getting some ears down on the training pitch to ascertain whether the players are just crap or if they are making silly mistakes as they don't understand the way they are being asked to play.

What we lacked today was a world class attacker who can scare defences and we have just that coming back from injury. Such a shame the Premier League is so relentless and unforgiving as I think FDB will lose his job this week now but in reality there were lots of positives from the performance that we could build on.

Lombardo 888
Oh Christ, not Hodgson. Are we that bad?

jimmy the gent
**** that.

Absolutely. We've had two of them, and they've both walked out after 6 months at the club. Having seen our appalling transfer window, SA was absolutely right to do so.

Another Oxted Eagle

Indeed, it's bloody depressing reading the armchair critics slagging off OUR manager after 4 league games. Slag off Brightons manager or Charltons but show a bit of respect to OUR f@&kijg bloke.

FIFA playing bedroom managers feel they have the right to come on and spout all sorts of sh1t , whipping others into a feeding frenzy of negativity.

FdB may not be the answer but give the bloke a chance - we used to slag off Spurs fans for this attitude before and we are now just as bad.

Kylie_Tracey
10-09-2017, 03:28 PM
what a ridiculous state of affairs that a manager who has degenerated into one of the biggest clowns in world football is being suggested

Jon_C-Pal
10-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Hiring this twat would be on a par with Newcastle hiring Mclaren. Total inept dinosaur.

WashDCEagle
10-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Are we being serious here? ... ASKING for Roy? If this is a serious conversation, I might need to have another drink before I can really engage in dialogue.

Nigelbrag
10-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Even though we totally outplayed Burnley if the stats are anything to go by yet had nothing to show, but at the end of the day our own stats of "nil" in games to date this season says action is needed and Now.
The players who are to blame for producing yet another blank and not FdB, but it will be him who will carry the can, and the longer we delay the inevitable the deeper we will be in the mire. Next weekend gives us realistically our Only chance of getting a point/points on the board but with our Home form of late makes that a game not to expect much from, and the THREE games that then follow makes it a possibility after EIGHT games we could be awaiting our First point, that to me cannot be acceptable.
Having now played Three teams of the Four games to date who would be expected to be near the bottom come the seasons end, it is only fair we should have expected to have yielded at the very least 7 points to date.
But as much as i feel it is wrong to sack a manager after just 4 games i don't think we have an alternative, and as the players look totally devoid of confidence and belief to then delay the inevitable seems pointless.
But lets not excuse Steve Parish for his part in this fiasco, having not supported FdB in the transfer window and leaving him out to dry, is unacceptable.
So who next into the lions den? I can't see too many takers for starters, so it leaves Freedman in the interim, but if Roy Hodgson is interested just appoint him asap hopefully to bring calm, stability, belief and hopefully better organisation which is desperately needed Now, and then in January clear out the deadwood and bring in the Four/Five new decent quality players needed, then hopefully we MAY survive.

Nigelbrag
10-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Jesus, when I first saw this thread I assumed it was Roy Keane being referenced as he was at the game today.

It could well happen just to add further confusion, why not him aswell :D the manager circus at Palace has been a farce for long enough adding Roy Keane will add more "fire" for the players to worry about.:wallbash:

boxthorncutter
10-09-2017, 04:09 PM
I approve of Hodgson 100%.

GorBlimey
10-09-2017, 04:09 PM
**** that.

Maybe one who has won four league title in Holland?

Or maybe you'd prefer Ronald Koeman who tried with three clubs and won nothing??

DARZET EAGLE
10-09-2017, 04:10 PM

Really, that looks ominous.:eek:

boxthorncutter
10-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Maybe one who has won four league title in Holland?

Or maybe you'd prefer Ronald Koeman who tried with three clubs and won nothing??

what did he achieve in Europe with Ajax? Sweet FA.

A monkey could win the Dutch nursery league with Ajax. Even McClaren won it with Twente ffs.

TheMexicanHorse
10-09-2017, 04:13 PM
what a ridiculous state of affairs that a manager who has degenerated into one of the biggest clowns in world football is being suggested

This thread is about Roy Hodgson, not Frank De Fraud

TheMexicanHorse
10-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Indeed, it's bloody depressing reading the armchair critics slagging off OUR manager after 4 league games. Slag off Brightons manager or Charltons but show a bit of respect to OUR f@&kijg bloke.

FIFA playing bedroom managers feel they have the right to come on and spout all sorts of sh1t , whipping others into a feeding frenzy of negativity.

FdB may not be the answer but give the bloke a chance - we used to slag off Spurs fans for this attitude before and we are now just as bad.

I would bite, but then I saw your location.
Stick to the Kode box thread where your opinion might be worth something. (It won't)

spt1978
Freedman probably thinking of which two DMs he will play.

FdB was set-up to fail. New system but not given cash to change the squad, still, Parish got to pursue an injured Sakho all summer.

Sam Spade

No, all Puncheon's fault again. (According to the We Hate Puncheon thread)
Sighs.

jobiinthelastmi
10-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Freedman probably thinking of which two DMs he will play.

Three

Wright, KG and Jedinak :p

Alfie's army
10-09-2017, 04:16 PM
I've gone through some shit with palace over the years but getting that prick hodgson in would finish me off

Jman
10-09-2017, 04:19 PM
I saw Roy Keane watching with interest...

Levski
10-09-2017, 04:20 PM
What's Les Reed doing these days?

Codman Haddock
10-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Benteke taking corners...?

New LP
10-09-2017, 04:47 PM
What's Les Reed doing these days?

Working as a director of football at Southampton. A club who are properly run.

Another Oxted Eagle
10-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Stick to the Kode box thread where your opinion might be worth something. (It won't)

Shut up you attention seeking prick. You don't know me or how many games I go to / have been to. Yes I saw today's game in a pub but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours.

Oh yeah - prick

mikeb
10-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Proven EPL

Kept Fulham up in certain circumstances

It's his.
You can't be serious

4 cryingOutloud
10-09-2017, 05:35 PM

And your opinion is worth something?

glaziers fan
10-09-2017, 05:40 PM

:D

PauLo
10-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Look at all the Charlton fans we have in here.

weltklasse
10-09-2017, 06:24 PM
**** off all of you. None of today was the managers fault:lux:

beef
10-09-2017, 06:26 PM
I hate that Hodgson is considered to be 'Palace' just because he's from Croydon. He has no connection with the club at all.

Green Bin
10-09-2017, 06:32 PM
For sure.
He's out of his depth. This was clear prior to his appointment.
The blame lays at Parish and co.
But De Fraud still happy to claim a salary of a month.

A four times title winner?

Some people wanted Marco Silva, whose record is mainly of winning the Greek league once....but couldn't get Hull to win away (not even at Palace) and did no better at home to Sunderland than we did

regal_eagle
10-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Look at all the Charlton fans we have in here.

^^^Yep^^^

BERT'S HEAD
10-09-2017, 06:55 PM
I hate that Hodgson is considered to be 'Palace' just because he's from Croydon. He has no connection with the club at all.

Roy's dad worked with Steve Kember's dad on the buses - afraid I don't remember who was driver and who was conductor though.

How much of a club connection do you want ?

beef
10-09-2017, 06:57 PM
I really don't have a clue sometimes

jimmy the gent
10-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Roy's dad worked with Steve Kember's dad on the buses

Probably being whooshed, but Steve Kember's dad was a copper.

Jim Cannon
10-09-2017, 07:15 PM

He should have realised that after using him V Swansea

Glɑzier
10-09-2017, 07:24 PM

Thought he was a Palace youth player? Either way, wouldn't be any better than De Boer.

mylona
10-09-2017, 07:26 PM

He almost played for the club, but not quite good enough and was Steve Kember's neighbour. Isn't that enough,

newish eagle
10-09-2017, 07:54 PM
He almost played for the club, but not quite good enough and was Steve Kember's neighbour. Isn't that enough,
And he's had a large special shish from Wallington Express on Stafford Road.

CPFC.1990
10-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Proven EPL

It's his.

Lol. No way would we sack De Boer after that decent performance.

beef
10-09-2017, 07:56 PM
I was wrong. Welcome Roy.

Lombardo's hair
10-09-2017, 07:57 PM
I am sure Zaha would love Moyes...

Well his daughter anyways

S.P.R.
10-09-2017, 08:02 PM
Well his daughter anyways

Glad someone's awake :)

S.P.R.
10-09-2017, 08:10 PM
To be honest, I would take Moyes right now. He has something to prove after last season.

Sunderland gave him no chance, no money, they conned him into the job, it's been said as much.

Look at the amount of money Mourinho prick has had to spend, to make himself look like the self proclaimed 'special one' again for the wankers compared to what they gave Moyes.

I would not be against Moyes, he has something to prove, and Parish has said we have a bit of money left for January.

in-exile
10-09-2017, 08:17 PM
**** of Roy you old useless Twat!

newish eagle
10-09-2017, 08:22 PM
**** of Roy you old useless Twat!
If a 'should we appoint Roy' poll goes up, I guess we'll put you down as a 'maybe' then mate :)

aj4england
10-09-2017, 08:24 PM

What not even the substitutions ?

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
10-09-2017, 08:26 PM

No, just a depressing reflection of some of our pant-shitting, 'you don't want to be in a foxhole with me,' fans.

We have been slowly backsliding for two seasons playing the same, 'giz-it-to-the-wingers-and-sling-it-in-innit' football and giving Pardewesque lip service to meaningful change without bringing in the technically accomplished players required, especially in midfield. We lost week-in, week-out, for a year. There are no more firefighters left to save us this time so I'm afraid we might have to actually evolve now and play f*cking technically proficient football like the rest of the division if we ever want to progress. We can't be the 21st Century equivalent of Wimbledon forever, even if some of us seem to revel in the idea of never even trying to be more than a slightly shabby, South London mosquito that gets by on scrappy wins and the occasional bite on a big team's arse.

The formula we have used has kept us up beyond our sell-by-date. We can't keep going on the presumption that a Wilf cross onto Benteke's head will get us to 40 points. They will get injured or leave us eventually. We have to adapt and face the painful change required. Thankfully we have a good enough squad to do that if we stand firm. If we quit after the first hurdle we will always be a few injuries away from relegation fodder and with a genuine glass ceiling to what we can become as a club.

Why are so many here so f*cking blind to that? Do we have such a pathetic and fearful lack of ambition? Isn't sport about trying to become as good as we possibly can?

I've watched Palace shoot itself in the foot as a club over forty years and I want to see some success here before I die. Real success. Not beating a few of the big boys and waiting for the law of averages to catch up with us before slinking back to the Championship where some of us honestly seem to think is our lot.

If we go down this season, I say let's do it not because we sold Ian Wright in '93 or had Chris Armstrong snort away the season in '95 or because we had a massive injury crisis throughout the midfield in '98 or because we didn't buy Tim Cahill in '04. All those things happened because we were a little club and we couldn't survive the circumstances because we had to behave like a little club. We have millions to spend now. We have a freedom to define our club like never before. If we go down, let's do it by at least trying to evolve.

Unlike some here, I have no problem saying we need to move to the 'next level.' Charlton were not wrong to aspire to that and we are wrong if we don't have similar ambition. FdB's philosophy is how we can truly progress and I can't understand being a fan of a football club unless you want that club to be all it can be. Sadly, many here just don't seem to see it that way.

Eagle's Nest
10-09-2017, 08:27 PM
What not even the substitutions ?

We missed two sitters after the substitutions (neither of them missed by substitutes)

Nth Kent Eagle
10-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Proven EPL

It's his.

No.

GorBlimey
10-09-2017, 08:43 PM
No, just a depressing reflection of some of our pant-shitting, 'you don't want to be in a foxhole with me,' fans.

We have been slowly backsliding for two seasons playing the same, 'giz-it-to-the-wingers-and-sling-it-in-innit' football and giving Pardewesque lip service to meaningful change without bringing in the technically accomplished players required, especially in midfield. We lost week-in, week-out, for a year. There are no more firefighters left to save us this time so I'm afraid we might have to actually evolve now and play f*cking technically proficient football like the rest of the division if we ever want to progress. We can't be the 21st Century equivalent of Wimbledon forever, even if some of us seem to revel in the idea of never even trying to be more than a slightly shabby, South London mosquito that gets by on scrappy wins and the occasional bite on a big team's arse.

The formula we have used has kept us up beyond our sell-by-date. We can't keep going on the presumption that a Wilf cross onto Benteke's head will get us to 40 points. They will get injured or leave us eventually. We have to adapt and face the painful change required. Thankfully we have a good enough squad to do that if we stand firm. If we quit after the first hurdle we will always be a few injuries away from relegation fodder and with a genuine glass ceiling to what we can become as a club.

Why are so many here so f*cking blind to that? Do we have such a pathetic and fearful lack of ambition? Isn't sport about trying to become as good as we possibly can?

I've watched Palace shoot itself in the foot as a club over forty years and I want to see some success here before I die. Real success. Not beating a few of the big boys and waiting for the law of averages to catch up with us before slinking back to the Championship where some of us honestly seem to think is our lot.

If we go down this season, I say let's do it not because we sold Ian Wright in '93 or had Chris Armstrong snort away the season in '95 or because we had a massive injury crisis throughout the midfield in '98 or because we didn't buy Tim Cahill in '04. All those things happened because we were a little club and we couldn't survive the circumstances because we had to behave like a little club. We have millions to spend now. We have a freedom to define our club like never before. If we go down, let's do it by at least trying to evolve.

Unlike some here, I have no problem saying we need to move to the 'next level.' Charlton were not wrong to aspire to that and we are wrong if we don't have similar ambition. FdB's philosophy is how we can truly progress and I can't understand being a fan of a football club unless you want that club to be all it can be. Sadly, many here just don't seem to see it that way.

Must spread etc.

bald-eagle
10-09-2017, 08:51 PM
**** that.

The last "good manager " we had half the people on here didn't want!! - never going to please everyone.

bald-eagle
10-09-2017, 08:57 PM

Agree. But we need to stay up or it'll all be for nothing and set progression back 3 or4 years

Today was encouraging after the last few games and with Sakai back as a leader will help

COYP

Another Oxted Eagle
10-09-2017, 09:15 PM

Needs to be read aloud to rousing music . Fantastic post

Maiden Eagle
10-09-2017, 09:28 PM

A monkey could win the Dutch nursery league with Ajax. Even McClaren won it with Twente ffs.

A monkey could have coached England to beat Iceland.

Indeed, only a monkey would make Harry Kane take corner kicks.

Lombardo's hair
10-09-2017, 09:32 PM
We missed two sitters after the substitutions (neither of them missed by substitutes)

Erm the lads name I can't remember beginning with L missed a good chance with a stooping header. I also think the same lad may have scored if benteke had let him have the ball when his shot was stopped by keepers ankle

GorBlimey
10-09-2017, 09:33 PM

So you're calling Ronald Koeman some kind of a sub-monkey?

He couldn't win the Dutch league with Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord.

Lombardo's hair
10-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Needs to be read aloud to rousing music . Fantastic post

I agree. Even if we go down I want us to stick with FDB. We need stability. We need to develop. I don't care what Brighton do. We can't keep changing managers. I know we've had 4 resign for a variety of reasons since 2011. If we had a stronger squad we would progress.FDB was not backed enough in the window. This squad with wilf fit struggled for 2 seasons. Why do we expect FDB to transform them into the invincibles in 8-10 weeks?

nomad
10-09-2017, 10:09 PM

Totally agree. Woy Hodgson would be a backward step.

cpfcben
10-09-2017, 10:28 PM
The backward step of playing to players strengths. Now that really would be backward.

The Drive Man
10-09-2017, 11:20 PM
So fed up right now with our results! But we Must stand firm on FDB we deserved to win today. The players gave everything. The biggest frustration here for me is that we need to have another option to Benteke. Our failure to secure a striker in the window is what's costing us now - let's hope Connors not far off full fitness.

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 10:16 AM
2 year deal
Apparently

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Quote frankly

**** OFF!!!!!!!!

Ralph
11-09-2017, 10:17 AM
When has a failed England manager ever come here at a time of crisis and done anything any good for us.

Lego Knight
11-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Roy and Ray Lewington. Welcome to 1993 people.

glaziers fan
11-09-2017, 10:18 AM
2 year deal
Apparently

I heard it was a 2 game deal, with a break clause after one game.

mroakley9
11-09-2017, 10:21 AM
This gif of Roy legitimately makes me sad every time I see it. I hope he does well here.

https://i.imgur.com/o5tSLCH.gif

firesign
11-09-2017, 10:22 AM
I heard it was a 2 game deal, with a break clause after one game.

we should just go full-on Have I Got News for You? and have a different guest manager every week.

Lego Knight
11-09-2017, 10:29 AM
This gif of Roy legitimately makes me sad every time I see it. I hope he does well here.

I shouldn't laugh. But it's the only way to stop myself from crying.

Bourne Eagle
11-09-2017, 10:30 AM
The backward step of playing to players strengths. Now that really would be backward.

If we have to keep playing that dismal counter attacking football that just about works away from home but rarely works at home (6 wins per season) I would suggest that we need to change the players that cannot do the basics most of the time like control a ball, pass a ball 10yds, take a throw on to one of our players, make space to receive a ball from a throw in, hit the thing with a net behind it etc etc

Thefunkymonk
Can't beleive this. Actually a shambles.

Flappy Chicken
Quote frankly

**** OFF!!!!!!!!

This

Richwak
11-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Absolute joke! Disgusting!

kiwieagle
11-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Roy should be drawing his pension the same as me, 71 is far to old for this job.

sydnsteve
11-09-2017, 10:33 AM
A total joke. The bloke hasn't a clue. He is not like Allardyce. Can't stand him either, but that applies to Pulis and BFS. Hodgson is not that sort of manager. Anyone who can lose to Iceland has real properties. Good job he didn't come up against Sainsburys.
OMFG...

Fitzy1
11-09-2017, 10:34 AM
What are we going to do if Woy loses his first four games, which is likely.

CharlieCPFC
11-09-2017, 10:35 AM
The club is a joke.

Go for Wilder or Dyche.

Latvian Eagle
11-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Welcome Roy. :lux:

Dave
11-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Love you

Thanks for the smiles

eagle mart
11-09-2017, 10:36 AM
He's a decent and experienced manager. Not trendy like Redknapp, and a loveable character with the media. Took a shite England team unbeaten through the qualifications - being constantly undermined like all England managers are by the brand. He'll get this lot playing.

However - awful situation we are in.

Dave
11-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Trendy WTF

palacea
11-09-2017, 10:39 AM
I actually like Roy, decent club manager. But is he too old, maybe.

Jim Cannon
11-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Jan will be busy, bringing in Paul Konchesky, Clint Dempsey, Danny Murphy and Brian McBride to add experience

Zulu84
11-09-2017, 10:41 AM
How's Benteke at corners?

mroakley9
11-09-2017, 10:42 AM
How's Benteke at corners?

Better than Puncheon, probably

viking's no1
Roy could win over many fans by opening his first press conference by saying, 'Well, I don't know what I'm doing here'.

palacea
David Ornstein
(@bbcsport_david)

Crystal Palace sack Frank de Boer as manager & will appoint Roy Hodgson as his successor. Done deal, Hodgson can't wait to get started #CPFC

mikeb
He's a decent and experienced manager. Not trendy like Redknapp, and a loveable character with the media. Took a shite England team unbeaten through the qualifications - being constantly undermined like all England managers are by the brand. He'll get this lot playing.

However - awful situation we are in.
no he wont bloke hasnt a clue

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Can't wait until he ****s off

SA Eagle
At least we can look forward to the BBS comedians calling him Woy for the foreseeable; I, for one, can't wait.

Shipp Ahoy!
2007: Quit Finland on 30 November after failing to secure qualification for Euro 2008. Appointed Fulham manager two months later.

2008: Fulham won four of their last five Premier League games of the season to stave off relegation.

2009: Guided the Cottagers to their highest ever top-flight finish, seventh, and ensured Europa League qualification.

2010: Oversaw a stunning second-leg comeback against Juventus in the Europa League quarter-finals on the way to losing 2-1 against Atletico Madrid in extra-time in the final in Hamburg. Record (all competitions): P171 W64 D50 L57. Announced as new manager of Liverpool on a three-year contract in July.

2011: Liverpool announce Hodgson has left the club on 8 January. Record (all competitions): P31 W13 D9 L9. Took over as West Brom coach on 11 February after the Baggies parted company with Roberto Di Matteo and led them to 11th after a strong end-of-season run.

2012: West Brom granted the Football Association permission to speak to Hodgson about the vacant manager's position on 29 April. Record (all competitions): P43 W20 D14 L19. Confirmed as England manager on 1 May.

If true, we could probably do a hell of a lot worse!

Zulu84
11-09-2017, 10:44 AM

I'm pretty sure FdB looked exactly the same yesterday when we were missing chance after chance

palacea
11-09-2017, 10:44 AM
2010: Oversaw a stunning second-leg comeback against Juventus in the Europa League quarter-finals on the way to losing 2-1 against Atletico Madrid in extra-time in the final in Hamburg. Record (all competitions): P171 W64 D50 L57. Announced as new manager of Liverpool on a three-year contract in July.

2011: Liverpool announce Hodgson has left the club on 8 January. Record (all competitions): P31 W13 D9 L9. Took over as West Brom coach on 11 February after the Baggies parted company with Roberto Di Matteo and led them to 11th after a strong end-of-season run.

2012: West Brom granted the Football Association permission to speak to Hodgson about the vacant manager's position on 29 April. Record (all competitions): P43 W20 D14 L19. Confirmed as England manager on 1 May.

Decent Club manager.

mikeb
11-09-2017, 10:45 AM

should give the job to Sammy Lee

palacea
should give the job to Sammy Lee

Have you seen Sammy's record?

Thanet Eagle
Can't wait for the upcoming 'witty' Roy GIF's. Oh look....

Zulu84
11-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Better than Puncheon, probably

Haha, I was actually thinking of going with 'at least I don't have to watch punch float corners any more' but thought it may not have been blunt enough

tsunamiman
11-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Gone by december

cpfcfan1
11-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Happy with this personally, good premier league manager

Sad for De Boer but let's get going now, right players right formation

MAX
Oh dear, oh dear!

spt1978
This is a joke right????

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Happy with this personally, good premier league manager

Sad for De Boer but let's get going now, right players right formation

Good premier league manager 7 years ago

macstar
11-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Put Harry Kane on corners and freekicks for England.......... i'll always have this incompetence in the back of my mind.......also the way he fell apart and lost the plot as Blackburn manager and took them down...

..then again a couple of Fulham fans i know liked him as their boss.

Kylie_Tracey
11-09-2017, 10:51 AM
I just cant take him seriously especially after the debacle of the last WC and EC, and that ridiculous press conference "I dont know why I'm weally here" the mans a clown, out of touch, our car crash of a club continues to astound.

adrenalin john
11-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Can't wait for the upcoming 'witty' Roy GIF's. Oh look....

And then there's calling him Woy...

If he comes with Ray Lewington than we actually have an excellent coaching set up with him and Sammy Lee.

Roy is a practical manager. Players will be drilled, everyone will know their jobs and expect to see some players dramatically improve.

Not a long term plan though

cpfcfan1
11-09-2017, 10:52 AM
What's how long ago that he managed got to do with It? He has the experience at managing a premier league team, De Boer never should have been appointed in the first place

East-End Eagle
11-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Personally I don't have a problem with Roy. A man of dignity and principles in a time where they are severely lacking. Yes he failed with England, but who hasn't? I stopped following england during eriksonns time anyway so couldn't really care less about his record there.
I think sacking fdb is a joke, but I will be more annoyed by stupid anti hodgson feeling if he is appointed.

pallet
11-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Well its going to be interesting if nothing else.

Kylie_Tracey
11-09-2017, 10:56 AM
What's how long ago that he managed got to do with It? He has the experience at managing a premier league team, De Boer never should have been appointed in the first place

his credibility since 2012 has hit an all time low, a ridiculous appointment, if age isnt an issue why dont we bring George Grayham back, perhaps Souness, Dalglish maybe , Venables perhaps? Keegan? Howard Wilkinson?

CPFC31
11-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Good appointment. All of those slagging him off will Be as disappointed as they were with Allardyce.

eagle-leg
11-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Sensible appointment given the circumstances. Will steady the ship, play players in their correct positions and will play in a fashion that suits the team.

Will get so much more out of the squad than De Boer. Expect us to stay up comfortably now.

bigend1
11-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Well he's a superb manager on paper at club level.

Does he still have it or is he too old? That's the only doubt but a biggie.

He must have been interviewed so must have sounded reasonable. If he's still got it then he's the second best option after Sam but I'm not sure

okey eagle
11-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Benteke will become the master corner taker under Roy!

Who knows, it might work - cut out the mistakes and we'd have points.

Feel for De Boer though - the woeful madness of Kelly, Ward and Lee have cost him

firesign
11-09-2017, 11:08 AM
If Roy joins, I presume that Sammy Lee will be kept on.

palacea
11-09-2017, 11:09 AM

A given one would think.

radiomike
all wrong a forward thinking manager replaced by the complete opposite
it can only be temporary surely and an acknowledgment of the severe limitations of some of the squad

Nostrils
Let's pray he does, we need some continuity and not the negetive kind.

palacejim
11-09-2017, 11:10 AM
If this happens, I wonder if he can do a Ranieri for us... Both unfashionable managers with strong pedigrees

Kylie_Tracey
11-09-2017, 11:12 AM
If this happens, I wonder if he can do a Ranieri for us... Both unfashionable managers with strong pedigrees

yes he possibly will do a Ranieri on us, but it will be Ranieri's second season probably

Mad Raschic Ken
11-09-2017, 11:12 AM

The Mail report says that Sammy Lee is leaving and being replaced by Ray Lewington.

Shoreditch CPFC
11-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Personally I don't have a problem with Roy. A man of dignity and principles in a time where they are severely lacking. Yes he failed with England, but who hasn't? I stopped following england during eriksonns time anyway so couldn't really care less about his record there.
I think sacking fdb is a joke, but I will be more annoyed by stupid anti hodgson feeling if he is appointed.

x2

palacea
11-09-2017, 11:16 AM
The Mail report says that Sammy Lee is leaving and being replaced by Ray Lewington.

Sammy Lee wasn't assistant, it was the Dutchman, therefore he will be replaced.

xian1
11-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Totally pathetic, more than embarrassing and won't ask for any more transfers

Barnstormer
11-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Don't know why but deep down I don't want Roy Hodgson. Hope Sammy Lee stays.

Nostrils
11-09-2017, 11:18 AM

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. I'll back Hodgson if it comes to it, but shafting Sammy Lee as well is complete bullsh!t.

dowieslovechild
11-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Sensible appointment given the circumstances. Will steady the ship, play players in their correct positions and will play in a fashion that suits the team.

Will get so much more out of the squad than De Boer. Expect us to stay up comfortably now.

Just like he did with the England team :grrr:

Latvian Eagle
11-09-2017, 11:19 AM
People moaning about sacking de Boer after 5 games yet slagging off Roy before a ball has even been kicked. The irony! :moo:

Nix
11-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Roy Hodgson is being appointed because there is no on else out there.
He has an average record and got England knocked out of the last tournament by resting players.
The damage is already done losing to Swansea and Huddersfield so Roy's job is almost impossible with the fixtures coming up.

Thefunkymonk
People moaning about sacking de Boer after 5 games yet slagging off Roy before a ball has even been kicked. The irony! :moo:

Not really ironic is it

Neil 154
Another ex-England manager with a point to prove. It worked last time, who's to say it wont work again?

Latvian Eagle
11-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Not really ironic is it

Well it is.

Friskey
11-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Depressing times. The guy is finished.

eagle mart
11-09-2017, 11:22 AM
People have been crying out for a practical Pulis-type manager. He is that man. Ask any West Brom fan. Be interesting to see what he does with the players he has at his disposal.

If you're easily annoyed by Paddy Power memes, your mates sending you pictures of him and saying Woy - then you need to grow a back bone.

(P.S - I'm hardly enamoured by this appointment)

Thefunkymonk
Well it is.

Not really.

People are Moaning about the sacking because it's abysmal management st board level..

People are moaning about Hodgson because he is an old crock.. where the irony?

Old Joe Paxton
Roy is the right man for this moment

This moment being 2003 maybe

yorkshire eagle
11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
#shocking!!!!

glaziers fan
11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Apparently Roy Hodgson reckons we should revert to a 3-4-3 formation, as it suits the players. ;)

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 11:24 AM
People have been crying out for a practical Pulis-type manager. He is that man. Ask any West Brom fan. Be interesting to see what he does with the players he has at his disposal.

If you're easily annoyed by Paddy Power memes, your mates sending you pictures of him and saying Woy - then you need to grow a back bone.

Lukaku... that's why he did well at wba

He hasn't managed in PL for 5/6 years.. he's is over 70.. it's uninspiring at a time where inspiration is needed .. it's cheap..

Mad Raschic Ken
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. I'll back Hodgson if it comes to it, but shafting Sammy Lee as well is complete bullsh!t.

Let's hope the Mail have that wrong.

Zulu84
Setting this team up so that it has the maximum chance to be successful isn't exactly rocket science and well within the capabilities of Roy.

He's going to look like a footballing genius by doing little more than playing 442 or 433 and having all our players (RLC, Wilf, Sakho, Tomkins etc) fit in the coming week.

eagle mart
11-09-2017, 11:25 AM

He hasn't managed in PL for 5/6 years.. he's is over 70.. it's uninspiring at a time where inspiration is needed .. it's cheap..

My WBA mate did say he might not last the season. ha.

Davy64
11-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Apparently Roy Hodgson reckons we should revert to a 3-4-3 formation, as it suits the players. ;)

Now that would cause a proper riot :supergrin:

wrightchipvcfc
11-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Hope he don't get benteke taking corners

Sam Spade
You always think it can never get any worse and it always f*ck*ng does.

Eaglefoz

That's very Good GF!

I had not realised you had a such a good sense of humour :p

Not being sarcastic as this really made me laugh

weltklasse
11-09-2017, 11:27 AM

He worked miracles with the Swiss.

Shipp Ahoy!
11-09-2017, 11:27 AM

England - International football

Crystal Palace is not.

You can't compare the two!

Joooe
11-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Reckon he'd be a safe, if dull choice. But he's definitely the last of the Pulis/Allardyce types now, so we better make it work or we've got no one left to turn to.

Apparently Roy Hodgson reckons we should revert to a 3-4-3 formation, as it suits the players. ;)Ha, this would be hilarious though. :supergrin:

mylona
11-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Setting this team up so that it has the maximum chance to be successful isn't exactly rocket science and well within the capabilities of Roy.

He's going to look like a footballing genius by doing little more than playing 442 or 433 and having all our players (RLC, Wilf, Sakho, Tomkins etc) fit in the coming week.

How can we play 442 with only one recognised forward and no forward to play off him. Surely the only option is 433 and hope CB is available for every game. Thanks for that Parish.

Owngoal
11-09-2017, 11:31 AM

Aghh, he put holes in their cheese?

The one good thing will be Ray Lewington

Payroll Legend
11-09-2017, 11:33 AM

Everyone fails with England. Forget that.

Sam Spade
11-09-2017, 11:34 AM

So did William Tell.

Zulu84
11-09-2017, 11:35 AM
How can we play 442 with only one recognised forward and no forward to play off him. Surely the only option is 433 and hope CB is available for every game. Thanks for that Parish.

We have a couple of players that can play behind Benteke but I guess a more accurate description would be 4411.

spt1978
Wouldn't bother unpacking Roy, Freedman will probably replace you shortly.

Thefunkymonk
Roy Hodgson set for Crystal Palace job?

“He’s just got no charisma, no personality at all", says Joey Barton

tlks.pt/pivP4w #CPFC

And then salako agrees...

Kylie_Tracey
11-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Everyone fails with England. Forget that.

it was the nature of the failures though, the complete shambolic incompetence, worse than any other England manager in history bar Taylor and that is saying something

bodger
11-09-2017, 11:36 AM
RH is a has been he its just like SM had his day got jobs on the back of England failure and went on to fail at club level, i hope he does well and if we field our best eleven/ten i am sure we will stay up but how bad were England under him for me a poor decision FDB would have been better long term but maybe player power has got him the sack a sad day for us as a club.

Stockport_Eagle
11-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Maybe...so if we get ourselves a big quality Belgian centre forward he could do quite well then? Oh, wait ;)

Suspect Andros loves Roy too...he kept picking him for England.

Zohar's Penalty
11-09-2017, 11:38 AM
At 70 you shouldn't be working and certainly not in a job as stressful as the Palace Manager's job. Dangerous risk to your health.

eagle-leg
11-09-2017, 11:38 AM

Wait and see.

Nobody looks good as England manager.

Im more inclined to look at the way he managed at the baggies and fulham. 2 similar sized clubs as palace.

He was excellent.

Payroll Legend
11-09-2017, 11:39 AM

Hes just got no charisma, no personality at all", says Joey Barton

tlks.pt/pivP4w #CPFC

Joey Barton isn't someone that I would spend any time listening to

Sam Spade
11-09-2017, 11:40 AM

He must have bet a couple of grand on De Boer staying.

mylona
11-09-2017, 11:41 AM

tlks.pt/pivP4w #CPFC

That could be seen as a compliment from Joey Barton as not only is he extremely unpleasant he possesses the most revolting personality in football.

eagle-leg
11-09-2017, 11:41 AM

tlks.pt/pivP4w #CPFC

Are you seriously citing Joey Barton???

Take a time out pal.

Kylie_Tracey
11-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Wait and see.

Im more inclined to look at the way he managed at the baggies and fulham. 2 similar sized clubs as palace.

He was excellent.

would have taken Liverpool down had he stayed

Chris K
11-09-2017, 11:43 AM
At club level hodgson has a 44.8% win rate, over 34 games left that would get us 46 points

Jim Cannon
11-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Hope he don't get benteke taking corners

He might be able to beat the first man though

Thefunkymonk
Are you seriously citing Joey Barton???

Take a time out pal.

Well.. yes.. but more his point.. and most agree with him on it (within the game)

mylona
At 70 you shouldn't be working and certainly not in a job as stressful as the Palace Manager's job. Dangerous risk to your health.

Was not Alex Ferguson still a top manager at that age. Anyway is it definitely Woy?

Shipp Ahoy!
11-09-2017, 11:45 AM

tlks.pt/pivP4w #CPFC

How will the players cope adapting to the manager that's just left then...

Jim Cannon

He got shafted the moment FDB arrived, was only a matter of time

redemptionday
Wait and see.

He was excellent.

Perhaps, although that was five years ago now.

mylona
11-09-2017, 11:46 AM
At club level hodgson has a 44.8% win rate, over 34 games left that would get us 46 points

It's not enough, I want a top 6 finish.

Reg_Maudling
11-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Roy is the right choice for now he wasn't the right choice in the summer that would have been dyche

Roy has an excellent club record and a very good England record in qualifying matches but not in tournaments

penguin7
I would suggest that SP and the board just take a little time and let the dust settle before appointing anyone.

Hodgsons age must be a factor, we cannot afford a short term appointment this time.

Give the Southampton and league cup games to Dougie and Sammy

Jim Cannon
He hasn't managed in PL for 5/6 years.

He's been to plenty of matches though, I've seen him on MOTD:D

Dal
11-09-2017, 11:48 AM
He a good club manager - not the best time with England but that's a whole different ball game.

Wandle_Eagle
11-09-2017, 11:48 AM
At least after Woy has come and gone there won't be any OAPs left that we haven't already employed before. We might finally employ someone that's not about to retire and back them properly, haven't we learned? We'll be seeking another manager in May/June or maybe even before that cos I've got no faith in Woy.

Kylie_Tracey
11-09-2017, 11:49 AM
I would suggest that SP and the board just take a little time and let the dust settle before appointing anyone.

Hodgsons age must be a factor, we cannot afford a short term appointment this time.

apparently he is being appointed within the next 24 hours

Jim Cannon
11-09-2017, 11:49 AM

The thing is when Palace take a little time, they take too bloody long. However if true and Roy is in as soon as tomorrow then this clearly was lined up before yesterday's game

TheMexicanHorse
11-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Proven EPL

It's his.

Where I lead, Parish follows.

Ditto my warnings in the summer in respect of frank de fraud.

bodger
11-09-2017, 11:51 AM

SA said the same it helped get him the sack. He will do for us what DM did for Sunderland (charisma wise).

PalaceSi
11-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Roy with Lewington and Sammy Lee is about as safe a pair of hands as we can get and right now we need a safe pair of hands. With the fixtures coming up we're going to have very few points after 8 games and be marooned at the bottom, change had to happen and i welcome it.

Johnnieboy
11-09-2017, 12:00 PM
It's not enough, I want a top 6 finish.

Mourinho will be coming in January

beef
11-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Do we know it's going to be Roy? Why are people on here talking as if it's a certainty?

smudgerseagles
11-09-2017, 12:03 PM
for any new manager the biggest concern is the lack of fire power.

If Benteke gets injured we are screwed doesn't matter who the manager is

That should have been the biggest priority in the window and that will cost us - not sure who's fault that was but a massive error

nomad
11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
**ck off Woy you useless w***er. Parish has obviously lost it. De Boer needed time. I am SO angry at this decision and won't now be at the Soton game. This is a disgraceful decision. We are a laughing stock of a club.

ForzaPalace
11-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Do we know it's going to be Roy? Why are people on here talking as if it's a certainty?

Several journos already confirmed that a deal is agreed

Reg_Maudling
11-09-2017, 12:10 PM
a lot of people will be anti hodgson just as they were and are anti allardyce
both of them england managers for good reasons

Stats74
11-09-2017, 12:10 PM
for any new manager the biggest concern is the lack of fire power.

If Benteke gets injured we are screwed doesn't matter who the manager is

That should have been the biggest priority in the window and that will cost us - not sure who's fault that was but a massive error

Benteke is two bookings away from a ban, probably two-game ban at rate he's going. We knew we needed another striker before Wickham's injury and Campbell's release.

mylona
11-09-2017, 12:11 PM

Well Frank and I assume his side kick have gone, so he is taking today's training session and sorting out the mess? Sammy Lee what is he doing and is Dougie F involved? After all we have a game Saturday and need a prepared team.

CPFC_Fan
11-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Several journos already confirmed that a deal is agreed

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr2i4iKH2Ye7HrajZmNNl16Rs3TajZU RPhaPdocyj7D6-tEUU

daverambo2
11-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Does that gives us a record for most ex-england managers in charge of our club?

Venables, Peter Taylor, Big Sam and now Roy.

Skiddo
11-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Hodgson is ex-Palace (kinda) so that ticks the only box Parish has.

What a ******* mess.

I've no enthusiasm for Saturday now.

JamTheEagle
11-09-2017, 12:14 PM
I can't say I am excited by Hodgson but I'll reserve judgment.

To be honest I am glad that we at least had someone lined up to take over, shows some organisation at least which is a start.

Al From Bromley
11-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Hodgson with Lewington and/or Sammy Lee wouldn't be bad.

GreatGonzo
11-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Roy has nowhere near the same baggage and reputation for dealing on the edges of acceptability.

El Aguila

Well, I suppose a short term manager gives a breathing space to sort out who will be next up, sort out the squad, etc etc.

beef
Hodgson has experience working with top quality international players so hopefully he can adapt quickly

Palestinian

As long as it the Fulham or WBA version of Roy that turns up rather than the Liverpool or England edition of him.

jobiinthelastmi
11-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Hodgson has experience working with top quality international players so hopefully he can adapt quickly

Talking about Denmark?

ThatGingerGuy
11-09-2017, 12:19 PM

tlks.pt/pivP4w #CPFC

Joey Barton is a **** and Salako is a big fan of Donald Trump. The latter may be a great on the Palace pitch but as far as I'm concerned their opinions aren't the most relevant or reliable.

Nth Kent Eagle
11-09-2017, 12:20 PM

He also has experience of working with the current England team as well as top quality internationals.

Al From Bromley
11-09-2017, 12:22 PM
The three games after Southampton will test his management mettle, to put it mildly.

mylona
11-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Hodgson is ex-Palace (kinda) so that ticks the only box Parish has.

What a ******* mess.

I've no enthusiasm for Saturday now.

Seems like one extreme to the other. If it's true FDB took part in the training sessions, showed off his skills to get players to perform techniques they were uncomfortable with (if the news paper reports true) Roy never did this when he was young and will hardly join in now. Unless training becomes walking football,

Roy will set up the team, its formation and how he wants to play. He will have coaches put it into practice.

Militant Eagle
11-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Pathetic that people are complaining that De Bore was only given four PL games, but are writing off Hodgson after zero, before he's even been appointed.

Kirby
11-09-2017, 12:26 PM
I like Roy but bloody hell he's old.

mylona
11-09-2017, 12:27 PM

70 is the new 50.

beef
11-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Pathetic that people are complaining that De Bore was only given four PL games, but are writing off Hodgson after zero, before he's even been appointed.

At the rate we are sacking managers it just seems like natural progress

bodger
11-09-2017, 12:30 PM
70 is the new 50.

HRT

LDNEAGLE
11-09-2017, 12:31 PM

The last ex England manager we had worked out well though.

Terrace Bickle
11-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Has anyone put name badges on Sako and Sahko yet?

Green Bin
11-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Not too fussed either way...he won't be here for long.

We still have a dodgy goalkeeper, and we are short of strikers, nothing Woy can do about that.

However if he drops Puncheon or at least plays him on the wing, I'll start to think he has a clue.

Fish-IT
11-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Steve Parish. What the f**k are you doing? Saviour you may have been, but you have made a massive mistake. Again.
Warnock second time was a howler. Lucky the thief who is also an excellent manager was there to save us that time....now appointing Woy is the absolute worst idea you have shown yet. I so hope this is not true. Yet like a slow motion car crash I see it unfolding - much like all you have built so far feller. The love for ex players - Pardew never loved the club mate, watch the Newcastle interview where he said that. Woy was never part of this club for more than a few months as an apprentice apparently. But that's enough is it SP?
Benteke on corners. Booking quarter final hotels for the missus before a non league club knock us out. A personality that makes FdB look interesting.

Steve Parish what have you done?.

Lombardo's hair
11-09-2017, 12:34 PM
**ck off Woy you useless w***er. Parish has obviously lost it. De Boer needed time. I am SO angry at this decision and won't now be at the Soton game. This is a disgraceful decision. We are a laughing stock of a club.

Totally agree

V.Meldrew
11-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Did he select Wilf for an England game ?