PDA

View Full Version : Levi Lumeka

Far East Eagle
10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I hadn't heard of the lad before seeing him named on the bench.

Was the highlight of the game for me, looked bright and skillful. Hope to see him get more of a chance in the next few weeks along with Kaikai and some of the other youth team lads

Cpfcbob
10-09-2017, 02:35 PM
He looked class act like a young Zaha. Streets ahead of the Jason kid we bought on against ipswitch

Baffled Bob 2
10-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Shame we haven't got a pair of Levi's

jimmy the gent
10-09-2017, 02:44 PM
He looked class act like a young Zaha. Streets ahead of the Jason kid we bought on against ipswitch

Streets ahead of the other Jason kid we had on the pitch too

st albans
10-09-2017, 03:01 PM

"Class act like a young zaha"!!!! Come on, he looked ok which is all you can expect. Put in one decent cross, and a couple of poor ones. Ran around a lot, but that was it.

exiledeagle
10-09-2017, 03:05 PM
"Class act like a young zaha"!!!! Come on, he looked ok which is all you can expect. Put in one decent cross, and a couple of poor ones. Ran around a lot, but that was it.

agree think people are clutching at straws

AJ
10-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Way better than Lee, but nothing today that would suggest he is anything other than a fringe squad player. I do wish he had pushed Beteke out the way and been the one through on goal though as he couldn't have done any worse.

Thefunkymonk
10-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Wrong to bring him on imo

Pva was the change

Ralph
10-09-2017, 03:24 PM
A highlight for me (in bleak times) is seeing some of these kids get a chance. Don't get me wrong, want to stay up but seeing some of these kids play regularly in the Championship could be exciting.

Kai
10-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Did better than Lee. Looked to bring the ball with him forwards unlike Lee who only played support or sideways passes

alanlee11
10-09-2017, 03:36 PM

I know things are bleak and we need positives, but he was nothing more than OK. He would be nowhere near our matchday squad if we'd recruited in a sensible and logical way.

Ralph
10-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Did better than Lee. Looked to bring the ball with him forwards unlike Lee who only played support or sideways passes

Not true.

He also slowed the game down and put in the sort of crosses you see substitute goalkeepers doing before them game to help the number 1 warm up. Thought that was very sporting of him.

Billy Rhino
10-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Shame we haven't got a pair of Levi's

:supergrin:

Well it made me laugh.

Levi is better than Lee

Martin H
10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Nice to see him get a chance but it emphasises how short the squad is right now.
Pleased for him because he gave it a go and didn't freeze. Got across his defender brilliantly for that cross and perhaps should have scored but won the corner. Did OK. Silly to get carried away though. Nice cameo, let's see what he can do later.

Mr Palace
10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Much better than Lee but then again an inanimate sex toy would have been better than Lee.

It was great to see Lumeka run at the full back so positively.

Jon_C-Pal
10-09-2017, 03:49 PM
A highlight for me (in bleak times) is seeing some of these kids get a chance. Don't get me wrong, want to stay up but seeing some of these kids play regularly in the Championship could be exciting.

Didn't really work the first time round with the like of Cadogan and Scannell. If anything the youth set up is worse. haven't see one player So far that look like they could cut it in the PL.

Benzhiyi
10-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Looked enthusiastic (which is a positive in itself) but a bit lost positionally.

That's not surprising, though, and there's clearly some talent there which you'd hope can be developed with more sub appearances.

New LP
10-09-2017, 03:53 PM

I don't find the fact that we are throwing a kid into a situation like that to be a highlight at all.
It's actually a low moment.

budgie
10-09-2017, 04:00 PM
I'd have preferred Sullay myself.

Palace121
10-09-2017, 04:00 PM
I thought he looked poor.

desperado
10-09-2017, 04:04 PM
The two substitutions showed how desperate our situation is with injuries to Wilf and RLC we lack attacking options

Needing a goal away from home against a very ordinary Burnley side our response is to send on a kid most hadn't heard of before today and was like a rabbit in car headlights. We also send on a young defender also new to playing in the Premier League

Apart from the definite starters if everyone is fit our squad is short of options and Premier League quality

glaziers fan
10-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Streets ahead of the other Jason kid we had on the pitch too

Oh Jason Puncheon, he's taking us down (because he can't be dropped).

Levski
10-09-2017, 04:26 PM
agree think people are clutching at straws

What's that? Clutching at Strauss, you say?

eaglebhoy
10-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Some harshness here, thought he did well, kept trying to be positive and carry us forward at least

Gazza2
10-09-2017, 04:47 PM
I've seen him play a lot of U18s football for Palace. We picked him up after Chelsea released him.
Plays wide but scores lots of goals. The sort of goal return that a CF would be happy with.
I thought, understandably, he looked really nervous before gaining his mojo towards end of the game.

racehorse-80s
10-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Good debut , Nervous as expected but got himself into some good positions , The kid should get to start next game and at least get 30 mins a game from now on , With our lack of Strikers he needs blooding .

palacemetros
10-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Sack the manager after 3 games.

Now ditch a lad 5 days past his 19th birthday on the basis of 20 minutes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

SussexRed&Blue
10-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Never heard of him before but thought he did well when he came on very hungry.

Ralph
10-09-2017, 04:56 PM
...an inanimate sex toy would have been better than Lee.

An inanimate sex toy wouldnt have fukkėd us so heavily though.

mrgins
10-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Strange sub to replace a poor choice in the first place. Has potential and almost scored, but not ready for prime time yet. Good to see fdb giving the youngsters a chance though, just strange to see it happen when we're a goal down

mrgins
10-09-2017, 04:58 PM
An inanimate sex toy wouldnt have fukkėd us so heavily though.

Maybe you're shopping at the wrong sex shop

Ralph
10-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Didn't really work the first time round with the like of Cadogan and Scannell. If anything the youth set up is worse. haven't see one player So far that look like they could cut it in the PL.

Worked pretty well for Southgate, Gordon, Mullins, Moses, Clyde, Routledge and Watson though.

Levi looked no worse than anyone else out there today. A good debut and potentially, if Benteke hadn't snatched the shot away from him could've been in position to score our first goal.

smoll
10-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Shouldn't be anywhere near our squad if we had recruited properly. PVA should have come on with Schlupp pushed forward or Kaikai should have come on up front

Shipp Ahoy!
10-09-2017, 05:07 PM

Erm who said that?

Some have pointed out he wasn't great and doesn't look Prem standard yet on the basis of that perfornance... They aren't wrong!

Pub Idol
10-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Erm who said that?

Some have pointed out he wasn't great and doesn't look Prem standard yet on the basis of that perfornance... They aren't wrong!

He did and he was fine. Nearly scored twice and was involved quite a bit considering the mess we in and with no experience whatsoever it was pretty good showing. In the championship we always blooded youngsters and it help supplement the team. With our current injuries and oddly put together squad we will need to the same IMO.

Mad Raschic Ken
10-09-2017, 05:25 PM
I'd have preferred Sullay myself.

I was surprised Kaikai didn't come on too. He did well at Anfield and was good in the second half against Ipswich. Lumeka did ok, but looked a little lightweight, which is only to be expected. Shame he didn't put his header away - could have been a heroic debut.

Chas
10-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Didn't score a hat trick on his 20 minute debut. Release.

Woosie
10-09-2017, 06:02 PM
I've seen him play a lot of U18s football for Palace. We picked him up after Chelsea released him.
Plays wide but scores lots of goals. The sort of goal return that a CF would be happy with.
I thought, understandably, he looked really nervous before gaining his mojo towards end of the game.

Like Gazza, I've seen him play a lot at U18 level and a little at U23 level after Chelsea released him as an U16. He scored 17 goals in the 18s in 15-16.

I agree with this, looked very nervous and that's understandable, but as he settled in to it he looked better. Made sensible decisions but was off with his accuracy.

For me, a better option than Kaikai even if he's not as far in his development and also a better option than Lokilo. Given more experience in the first team and he could contribute something.

cantspell
10-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Like Gazza, I've seen him play a lot at U18 level and a little at U23 level after Chelsea released him as an U16. He scored 17 goals in the 18s in 15-16.

I agree with this, looked very nervous and that's understandable, but as he settled in to it he looked better. Made sensible decisions but was off with his accuracy.

For me, a better option than Kaikai even if he's not as far in his development and also a better option than Lokilo. Given more experience in the first team and he could contribute something.

Sense spoken

EmmerGreenEagle
10-09-2017, 06:44 PM
I thought he looked good. Rather he played than some money driven player like Niasse. Always good to see the academy players given a go. Good luck to him

Sydenham Eagle
10-09-2017, 06:45 PM
The fact that we were desperate for a win and brought on a player that most people have never heard of pretty much sums up our current situation. Not opposing bringing though youth but very difficult situation to make your debut. How Luka is on the bench is beyond me. Sakho should be made captain and Puncheon shouldn't be anywhere near the first team unless a plague breaks out in South London

bodger
10-09-2017, 07:06 PM
I thought he did well i would rather us play any of our young players then Lee who does not defend so we lose nothing in that department by blooding the young players.

Jim Cannon
10-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Really? I doubt he willbe anywhere near the bench when we have more players fit

CoDownEagle
10-09-2017, 07:23 PM
We are 1 0 chasing a game, bringing on a young kid was not going to benefit either him or us.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
10-09-2017, 07:38 PM
He did OK but the fact we have to turn to him and put Scott Dann up front for the final 10 minutes speaks volumes.

bodger
10-09-2017, 07:54 PM
We are 1 0 chasing a game, bringing on a young kid was not going to benefit either him or us.

Unless he connects with that header good run into the danger area give the young man credit.

smoll
10-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I thought he looked good. Rather he played than some money driven player like Niasse. Always good to see the academy players given a go. Good luck to him
Surely Kaikai would have been a better option?

sunshine lucas
10-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Surely Kaikai would have been a better option?

... Sulley not Surely.... Surely? Don't call me Shirley...
It's been a bad day..

Harry Holmesdale
10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
At that moment on the game why no kaikai or pva?

aj4england
10-09-2017, 08:32 PM

Yes either FdB has fallen out with Luka and PVA , or he was getting his defence in look I had try a kid they didn't get me the striker I needed

S.P.R.
10-09-2017, 08:48 PM
I thought he looked a real prospect, was unlucky not to glance his header in. Yes, nervous initially, but did way more in his short time on pitch than Lee, I like him.

Stavros 69
10-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Nice to give youth a chance and a taste of first team football
However not when we're losing 1-0 and we have PvA on the bench

Woosie
10-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Nice to give youth a chance and a taste of first team football
However not when we're losing 1-0 and we have PvA on the bench

PVA has been absolutely shit this season and a major part of why we are doing so badly.

palacelad197o
10-09-2017, 09:15 PM
The sort of player that should be playing in league cup games and really sums up our transfer window

Meanwhile burnley get a player for £15 million who has already won them 4 points after 2 games

A player that can also perform at championship level if they get relegated

A player that palace should have been in for

OneSize
10-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Looked very nervous at the beginning but came into it more towards the end. His ability to get in the box when the ball is on the other wing is something Wilf could learn. Can see why he scores so many goals.

the drexciyan
10-09-2017, 09:55 PM
I thought he did ok and deserves a run, he gets in very good positions to score and should have a few more opportunities to grow his game.

Martin H
10-09-2017, 10:06 PM
PVA has been absolutely shit this season and a major part of why we are doing so badly.

Bit strong but I agree with the point.

I would reluctantly have to say Luka hasn't played well yet, nor Benteke either and I know they were heroes in their own way last year but that's no use this season. I am a bit worried about Ward now too. I think much of the criticism of him has been based on what he migiht not be able to do but today when he should shine he looked slow and TBH sloppy. One great goal saving header redeemed him but the rest was pretty poor. Timbo, Yohan and Andros were bright lights.

Lego Knight
10-09-2017, 10:07 PM
He was better than Lee and better than PVA has been this season. Thought he did fine given it was his debut, hope he does well with us.

glaziers fan
11-09-2017, 12:48 AM

Cheers for this Woosie. Loved his reaction to missing the header from Townsend's cross. Great attitude. Good luck to the lad.

glaziers fan
11-09-2017, 12:50 AM

I like PVA but agree with your point. And also there's no way he is up to playing in a front 3. Anyone who went to Old Trafford last season can tell him that.

Martin H
11-09-2017, 12:55 AM
I like PVA but agree with your point. And also there's no way he is up to playing in a front 3. Anyone who went to Old Trafford last season can tell him that.

This.

NickinOx
11-09-2017, 01:40 AM

Luka has been poor too. Both were deservedly dropped. PVA for Schlupp, and Luka for Cabaye. Don't see a problem with that. Zaha and Sakho are out, which meant Lee: unfortunately.

dtmidget
11-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Sakho should be made captain and Puncheon shouldn't be anywhere near the first team unless a plague breaks out in South London

This

dtmidget
11-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Sakho should be made captain and Puncheon shouldn't be anywhere near the first team unless a plague breaks out in South London

This

Ralph
11-09-2017, 04:58 AM
I thought he did ok and deserves a run, he gets in very good positions to score and should have a few more opportunities to grow his game.

It was his ability to get in to those positions that impressed me. He had the header and the chance Benteke powered through to take off him.

Score either or those and he's a hero.

GorBlimey
11-09-2017, 05:07 AM

Must spread etc.

Palacebear
11-09-2017, 05:28 AM
I thought he was going to score when CB took the ball off him. I like the fact he got into two goal scoring positions in such a short period of time.

I hope he can stay in the squad and grab some more PL experience.

If disaster does happen this season, then we will need players like this next year.

Kai
11-09-2017, 05:45 AM
Got into scoring position twice which is a great credit to the lad.

Jim Cannon
11-09-2017, 05:59 AM

PVA has been shit but so have many others.

SilentAssassin
11-09-2017, 06:47 AM
You have to laugh at certain posts on threads like this. One of the few youth team players we have had through in the past 5 or 6 years and all certain posters want to do is slate the lad - 'he looked poor' 'would of preferred the other youth lad I slated last season'...

He did better than most of our established first team players yesterday and quite frankly I'd rather see him in the side than players that trotting around that picking up a wedge, not giving a ****, not adding anything to the side or worse gifting goals to the opposition.

whereEaglesFly
11-09-2017, 08:37 AM
He didn't have the fearlessness that a young Zaha and Moses had but maybe he will gain that with confidence and experience. Plus they made their debuts in the Champ

Martin H
11-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Luka has been poor too. Both were deservedly dropped. PVA for Schlupp, and Luka for Cabaye. Don't see a problem with that. Zaha and Sakho are out, which meant Lee: unfortunately.

This is exactly how I see it. PVA has little track record with us so far but I think everyone is remembering Luka's best period last year and calling for him to be picked but he really hasn't performed since being back in front of our defence and if he was young and Dutch people would be giving him stick. (cheap shot I know but everyone else is doing it so...... and it really does feel like that lately).

Gregz41
11-09-2017, 09:31 AM
I liked him. The likes of Lee and Sako have contributed no more than that cameo in the past year.

bodger
11-09-2017, 09:35 AM
The sort of player that should be playing in league cup games and really sums up our transfer window

Meanwhile burnley get a player for £15 million who has already won them 4 points after 2 games

A player that can also perform at championship level if they get relegated

A player that palace should have been in for

Thats what they said about Rhodes Austin and just about every player that Bournemouth have signed none are pulling up any trees.

glaziers fan
11-09-2017, 09:46 AM
PVA has been shit but so have many others.

PVA and Luka have been dropped for being shit. Some others have been a little more fortunate.

El Aguila
11-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Does a lot for a young player, to be trusted in a situation like that, and it does a lot for the other youngsters when they see it happen, as well.

Pete79
11-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Playing these young players is useful for a number of reasons:

It allows us to see if their ability at lower levels translates to the PL
It helps their development
It show's all the youth players that playing in the first team is an attainable goal
This surely helps to recruit and retain our young players
It highlights to Parish and co that the squad is a bit thin (if that needs to be said)
It tells the senior players that they can lose their starting role, or position on the bench if they don't perform.

Kirby
11-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Thought he looked out of his depth, but that's no disgrace for a 19-year-old on his debut.

Hope he gets more chances (along with Kaikai and Lokilo) under Roy.

glaziers fan
25-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Does this guy now come into consideration? Can he play wide left?

Hector
25-09-2017, 08:36 AM
We won't be playing any kids until we are safe. Fire fighting from now one.

Shipp Ahoy!
25-09-2017, 09:20 AM
We won't be playing any kids until we are safe. Fire fighting from now one.

Given our striker situation, we might not have a choice!

I expect Sako will start up front until Wilf is fit (who I expect to play there if Benteke is still out) but suspect we will see a young striker on the bench...

ANTEAGLE
25-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Given our striker situation, we might not have a choice!

I expect Sako will start up front until Wilf is fit (who I expect to play there if Benteke is still out) but suspect we will see a young striker on the bench...

Maybe Woosie can answer this but who is the top scorer in our under 23/youth teams?

wrightchipvcfc
25-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Lumeka when I have seen him plays wide right quick but not the biggest so can't see him holding ball up battling c half as a main striker ladapo would suit that role more big unit but not sure his good enough for prem Coker also can play central up front but again young and not much experience.fans keep saying Zaha will play up front see wilf play up front agaist qpr and villa few years back he reAly didn't seem to enjoy playing with his back to goal and getting wacked all day plus were lose the benifit of him on wing so not sure that's the answer

Nigelbrag
25-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Dread the day IF WZ was to be our sole striker, not because of his ability as a player but in that role where he would be chopped to pieces, he is just not suitable for that position of leading the line.
Wilf's strength is either on the wings(his best role) as he is Not a genuine goalscorer, alternatively if played deeper behind a Centre Forward where he can use his trickery and skill to break from deep and into the box.
If we were to sell Benteke, then someone like Deeney would be a very good alternative with his better movement and positioning, this in mind i feel TD would be a good foil for Wilf to work with.

Martin H
25-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Dread the day IF WZ was to be our sole striker, not because of his ability as a player but in that role where he would be chopped to pieces, he is just not suitable for that position of leading the line.
Wilf's strength is either on the wings(his best role) as he is Not a genuine goalscorer, alternatively if played deeper behind a Centre Forward where he can use his trickery and skill to break from deep and into the box.
If we were to sell Benteke, then someone like Deeney would be a very good alternative with his better movement and positioning, this in mind i feel TD would be a good foil for Wilf to work with.

I am not sure you are describing 'today's Deeney'. He is a handful in the air but not as mobile as he was. He might be right for the Championship next year (heaven forbid) but I can't see Wilf sticking around if we go down and so likely a mute point.

Re Lumeka, seems far too early for anything more than the odd 10 mins. He plays in either wing and has good pace, finishing and movement but it's a real stretch for him at Premier level.

Woosie
25-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Maybe Woosie can answer this but who is the top scorer in our under 23/youth teams?

Somewhat appropriately I believe it is Levi Lumeka in the U23s.

U18s is Joseph Hungbo.

Neither are strikers, and I certainly wouldn't play Lumeka as a striker (he's capable of playing there but much more effective as a winger)

Penstone Eagle
25-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Anybody would be more ruthless than Benteke has been.

Stellavista
25-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Is this the clutching at straws thread?

Eagle's Nest
25-09-2017, 07:52 PM

No, the one where people are seriously suggesting playing Dann up front is the clutching at straws thread.

If that transpires I'm turning football off for a year.

Ruskin Old Boy
25-09-2017, 08:03 PM

Great idea :p

https://loudshirts.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/clutching-at-straws.jpg?w=648

Gazza2
25-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Somewhat appropriately I believe it is Levi Lumeka in the U23s.

U18s is Joseph Hungbo.

Neither are strikers, and I certainly wouldn't play Lumeka as a striker (he's capable of playing there but much more effective as a winger)

I saw Joseph at gym this week. Think he's recovering from injury.
Out and out CF option is Francis Baptiste. Only 18 but scores plenty. Clever and makes good runs but has mainly played u18s and don't think he's featured much if at all for u23s yet.

Gazza2
26-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Hungbo played for u18s today.
And Baptiste scored 2 in win over Charlton!

Ian Hart
29-09-2017, 11:31 AM
On the website, I've just watched Lumeka score a couple of goals (inc an overhead kick) in the U23 win at Bristol City. Ladapo got the other goal.

I haven't seen any report on the game. But just from the highlights of this (and the previous U23 against Leeds) these two certainly seem to know where the goal is.

I know on the Ladapo thread, he is described as being no more than League 1 at best, and I bow to the opinions of those who have watched him more than I have. But Lumeka certainly seems to have something about him

AJ
29-09-2017, 11:51 AM
On the website, I've just watched Lumeka score a couple of goals (inc an overhead kick) in the U23 win at Bristol City. Ladapo got the other goal.

I haven't seen any report on the game. But just from the highlights of this (and the previous U23 against Leeds) these two certainly seem to know where the goal is.

I know on the Ladapo thread, he is described as being no more than League 1 at best, and I bow to the opinions of those who have watched him more than I have. But Lumeka certainly seems to have something about him

Scoring goals is a habit and if you present a lge 2 player with a good chance he will probably score, even in the premier league. If you want a lge2 player to weave around defenders and then chip the goalkeeper from 30 yards, then he needs to be playing in lge 2. Point is, if we play either player and create good chances for them, then there is a good chance they could score.

Ian Hart
29-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Absolutely AJ.

And as I've said on the press conference thread, with Loftus-Cheek now out, it's the perfect opportunity to give Lumeka more minutes, at least from the bench, in a game where there is nothing to lose

jimmy the gent
29-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Hang on, LC is out? Lol this is becoming a saga now...

Celestial Empire
29-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Scoring goals is a habit and if you present a lge 2 player with a good chance he will probably score, even in the premier league. If you want a lge2 player to weave around defenders and then chip the goalkeeper from 30 yards, then he needs to be playing in lge 2. Point is, if we play either player and create good chances for them, then there is a good chance they could score.

Well said.
Every year we see lower league clubs turning over Prem teams in the Cups, often with unsung strikers doing the deed, but on here, we have dozens of fans lining up to diss our fringe and younger players, as if they are not worthy to grace the almighty Prem.
If Roy thinks one of them can do a job, in the absence of other alternatives, why can't we just keep an open mind and support the team ?

GrayP41ace
29-09-2017, 02:41 PM

I agree with most of that. The differences surely stem from:

1. Getting into that position more by judgement than by law of averages
2. Opposition allowing far less opportunities for this to occur
3. Quality of goalkeeping allowing less half chances becoming goals.

If you put a striker, of any note into the position to score, you'd expect everyone from EPL to Sunday League to have a decent chance at scoring.

However, I would never expect a Sunday League player to get into that position against a Premier League defence, without anything other than dumb luck or a mistake.

Players have scored for fun in the Championship, but have failed at Prem level, there is a reason for it, and scoring when that chance is created is not why

the drexciyan
29-09-2017, 04:02 PM
What I liked about Lumeka in the very little I saw of him was that he gets into goalscoring positions. Really deserves a run out at a higher level to see where he can take himself now.

El Aguila
29-09-2017, 04:08 PM
I thought he had something about him but - we are talking about playing against Man U at Old Trafford. And christ knows what the supply is going to be like to whoever plays.

COYP, eh?

AJ
29-09-2017, 04:09 PM
I agree with most of that. The differences surely stem from:

1. Getting into that position more by judgement than by law of averages
2. Opposition allowing far less opportunities for this to occur
3. Quality of goalkeeping allowing less half chances becoming goals.

If you put a striker, of any note into the position to score, you'd expect everyone from EPL to Sunday League to have a decent chance at scoring.

However, I would never expect a Sunday League player to get into that position against a Premier League defence, without anything other than dumb luck or a mistake.

Players have scored for fun in the Championship, but have failed at Prem level, there is a reason for it, and scoring when that chance is created is not why
Actually part of what i am implying is that we have been almost totally shit this season at creating really good openings in front of goal. If we can start getting that right then it wont matter as much who plays up front.

palacemetros
29-09-2017, 09:09 PM
I'd play him and from the start.

The w*nkers can't do any research on him if most of us didn't even know who he was before Burnley. Sako (or Dann, ha!) have no mobility and their centre halves will have a walk in the park against either of them. Lumeka offers the surprise option.

It's a no lose situation (apart from the fact that we will) so there will be no pressure on him and he can play without any fear of failure. If he gets a shot on target, I'd consider it a success at the moment!

Woosie
29-09-2017, 10:35 PM
He's travelled with the squad.

alanlee11
30-09-2017, 01:03 AM
He's travelled with the squad.

Poor kid.

Martin H
30-09-2017, 07:07 AM
I'd play him and from the start.

The w*nkers can't do any research on him if most of us didn't even know who he was before Burnley. Sako (or Dann, ha!) have no mobility and their centre halves will have a walk in the park against either of them. Lumeka offers the surprise option.

It's a no lose situation (apart from the fact that we will) so there will be no pressure on him and he can play without any fear of failure. If he gets a shot on target, I'd consider it a success at the moment!

They probably have good knowledge of all talented youth in academies these days. If the element of surprise is key then perhaps I could still have time to pick up some boots and make Manchester in time. They won't know anything about my power shooting and certainly won't expect my 'movement' in their box.

Palacebear
30-09-2017, 07:18 AM
They probably have good knowledge of all talented youth in academies these days. If the element of surprise is key then perhaps I could still have time to pick up some boots and make Manchester in time. They won't know anything about my power shooting and certainly won't expect my 'movement' in their box.

I'm sold! I will get onto Roy now, will we not have to register you with the PL, in order for you to play though?

Martin H
30-09-2017, 07:29 AM
I'm sold! I will get onto Roy now, will we not have to register you with the PL, in order for you to play though?

My plan would be to loiter behind their goal with my kit on, cunningly concealed underneath a long winter coat. I would then slip onto the pitch as soon as we get our first corner. The slight problem with this plan is that we might never get out of our own half :( :(. If so I would stay there until HT and slip on when we concede the first corner of the second half. The disadvantage with this might be that it could take me 45 mins to walk down to their end but they would never see me coming. Should get around the registration thing though :)

Palacebear
30-09-2017, 09:28 AM
My plan would be to loiter behind their goal with my kit on, cunningly concealed underneath a long winter coat. I would then slip onto the pitch as soon as we get our first corner. The slight problem with this plan is that we might never get out of our own half :( :(. If so I would stay there until HT and slip on when we concede the first corner of the second half. The disadvantage with this might be that it could take me 45 mins to walk down to their end but they would never see me coming. Should get around the registration thing though :)

I am sure this is the approach some of our players have taken this season.