PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and all the best FdB

Pages : [1] 2

Another Oxted Eagle
11-09-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm guessing things have gone on behind the scenes that we aren't party to.

Yesterdays performance to me was encouraging so either SP had already decided to let him go or post game there was a total breakdown between them.

Either way I feel for the guy , he's a legend in world football and not short of a few quid but this must have hurt his pride.

I'm sure he tried his absolute best as he couldn't really afford another Inter Milan situation but he wasn't given the time to turn it around.

Good luck in the future Frank !

wedgetail
11-09-2017, 11:11 AM
He failed.

weltklasse
11-09-2017, 11:12 AM

Yesterdays performance to me was encouraging so either SP had already decided to let him go or post game there was a total breakdown between them.

Either way I feel for the guy , he's a legend in world football and not short of a few quid but this must have hurt his pride.

I'm sure he tried his absolute best as he couldn't really afford another Inter Milan situation but he wasn't given the time to turn it around.

This...thanks for trying FDB!

davech

Seconded!!! :p

CPFC.1990
Thanks Frank.

Not your fault at all.

You were not backed by a board who bought into your vision but then didn't give you the time/money to implement it.

I liked Parish very much, but now have very little time for someone who could treat a person in this way.

Maz
You don't measure failure by four matches.

Goodbye Frank, and sorry we screwed up.

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks?
What thanks for no goals and no points.

cpfcfan1
Thanks for what? Yeh cheers frank

Kylie_Tracey
seemed a decent fella and came to a club in a shambles, all the best Frank

Thefunkymonk
Hung out to dry imo.

gilesy14
Hung out to dry. Genuinely felt sorry for him yesterday. The club have a lot to answer for.

All the best Frank - it's a real shame this didn't work out.

racehorse-80s
11-09-2017, 11:14 AM

Goodbye Frank, and sorry we screwed up.

Parish does .

SE25 exile
11-09-2017, 11:15 AM
He should have had his ten games, with a full and fit squad to select from. This smacks at an intervention from the owners.

We are not the same club anymore, sad to say.

Not a great fan of yours, FDB, but enjoy your pay off for a few weeks away somewhere nice, and be pampered for a while.

Stinger1
11-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Feel very sorry for Frank, always conducted himself well. Think it could of worked out well for him if he hadn't tried the 3 at the back experiment and perhaps added a bit better passing combined with effective pressing. Hope he gets another chance to prove himself elsewhere.

glaziers fan
11-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Feel sorry for you Frank, not supported in the transfer market and then judged on 4 games without our best 3 players being available to you. All the best for the future.

Bungalow

Agreed. The world of football is crazy. Wonder how much this cost us.

Richwak
Stitched up by Parish, sorry Frank thought we had more class than this.

weltklasse
He failed.

He was never given a chance.

Joooe
11-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Not his fault at all? Come on, whether or not he deserved more support is one thing, but don't let us rewrite history and pretend he didn't play a part in his own downfall.

No one comes out of this looking good, Parish or De Boer.

Good luck to him though I guess.

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
We are now just another plastic club who value instant success over morals and long term plans.

Parish supposedly supported Palace before he became chairman. I wonder which aspect of our past gave him the ideals to think Palace were such an entitled club?

Where in our history have we treated a manager with such coldness and lack of integrity. There was zero reason to sack the guy after yesterday.

andyocpfc
11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
I wonder how many football managers have made so much money as quickly as FDB has.

He'll get another job I'm sure as he's known worldwide but I do feel a bit sorry for him though I have to say.

spt1978
11-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Shafted and never supported by the board who wanted to sign their flavour of the month player.

Good luck FdB:

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 11:26 AM
I wonder how many football managers have made so much money as quickly as FDB has.

He'll get another job I'm sure as he's known worldwide but I do feel a bit sorry for him though I have to say.

You think money matters to someone who was one of the greatest defenders of a generation!!?? You think he isn't already a millionaire??

It has zero to do with money and all about him wanting to create a managerial legacy like he did as a player. We have acted so badly to Frank and simply have treated him abysmally!

Good luck Frank!

LDNEAGLE
11-09-2017, 11:31 AM
A failed experiment. Should have stuck to the Dutch league. Unfortunately not cut out to manage at this level of competition.

danpalace07
11-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Sorry for how Parish has treated you. No dignity in all this.

Good luck Frank

wedgetail
11-09-2017, 11:33 AM
The important thing about mistakes is know when you have made one.

ForzaPalace
11-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm sure he'll go on to be a success elsewhere and I wish him all the best

Zohar's Penalty
11-09-2017, 11:35 AM

Can't see anybody touching him for a while to be honest

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 11:35 AM

Lol, what just after the transfer window shut with one fit striker , a poor goalie and an injury list. Yeah great management by Parish!!

CamberleyEagle
11-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Good luck Frank and sorry for the shambles.

ExiledStirling
11-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Yesterdays performance did not deserve this outcome.

Last week if the plug was pulled I could make sense of, but yesterday showed the signs we have been looking for. Pragmatism kicked in but from a manager who has the vision that Parish has re changing of style.

I have been a great fan of Parish, but he is beginning to worry me. Has the pressure of doing the job for 7 years taken a toll on him ?

He knew, that money was tight, so why get a manager to change things, knowing that comes at a cost.

Good luck Frank.

Good luck to the new manager who is coming into a mess, that should never have existed.

beef
11-09-2017, 11:37 AM
The Huddersfield and Swansea games did it - paid the price for naivety. To hear him still promote 5 at the back after Burnley makes me relieved that he's gone. All the best though Frank.

Sam Spade
11-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Feel sorry for you Frank, not supported in the transfer market and then judged on 4 games without our best 3 players being available to you. All the best for the future.

This. ^^^. Utter bungling by Parish on this occasion.

Neil 154
11-09-2017, 11:39 AM

it's a bit of a comedown to go from Premier League and Serie A to some lower-league outfit. But he could probably make it in the Isthmian League.

Snafu
11-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Thanks Frank

It's a shame that our chairman has no backbone and couldn't stay the course for changing the club for the better on and off the pitch

glenn.f
11-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Long term plan my arse, we have no nerve whatsoever and i guess we'll never know whether it would have worked, despite the amount of know alls thinking it was doomed from the start. As a club we can hardly complain if managers with any kind of pedigree, be it past or present, wouldn't touch us with a barge pole if approached in the future. Frank was stitched from the start by a lack of patience. All the best and i hope he becomes a success in the future. Gut feeling says it could have been with us had we held our nerve.

Rocky
11-09-2017, 12:22 PM
I don't post here very often these days (far too many bed wetters) but I'm genuinely disappointed with this and wish FdB all the best for the future. Wherever he turns up next, no doubt he'll get more time, have a board that provides him with funds he needs and have a set of players who buy into his philosophy. Unfortunately, all three were sadly lacking in his short spell with us and no matter how much we owe Steve Parish/2010 for rescuing this club of ours from oblivion, the buck stops with him...

libran
11-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Strange to go after our best performance of the season and us actually growing into the passing style as the game went on. This with our three best players out as well.
We more than deserved the 3 points. So are we saying he was sacked because Dann missed an easy header, is that the margin of error to throw out a whole philosophy and start again?
If it runs deeper and the decision was made pre match, why bother giving him that game?

bradpitt
11-09-2017, 12:34 PM
I felt sorry for Frank yesterday as I thought the team performance was ok, I didn't expect him to be sacked off the back of it, I think he deserved at least the Southampton game to prove the transition was going forwards not backwards.

beef
11-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Strange to go after our best performance of the season and us actually growing into the passing style as the game went on. This with our three best players out as well.
We more than deserved the 3 points. So are we saying he was sacked because Dann missed an easy header, is that the margin of error to throw out a whole philosophy and start again?
If it runs deeper and the decision was made pre match, why bother giving him that game?

I can only imagine it's a breakdown of communication behind the scenes. You are right - it's a poor decision based on the Burnley performance. Maybe a fourth straight defeat wasn't acceptable no matter the performance.

fang
11-09-2017, 12:36 PM

All good questions that I doubt will ever be answered.

adman50
11-09-2017, 12:40 PM
If anyone has any kind of defence for the club and how they acted, I would be interested to know because it seems we have complete tossers making decisions in the hiring and firing department.

TopKnot
11-09-2017, 12:46 PM
something weird going on, wouldn't be surprised if the sacking has been forced onto Parish. He's all over Twitter yesterday saying how we all need to stick together and we'll get through it, then this happens not even 24 hours later.

Or maybe the players have had a mutiny or something. Because this doesnt seem to be a logical decision in any way.

Good luck FdB and sorry it didnt work out.

New LP
11-09-2017, 12:48 PM
something weird going on, wouldn't be surprised if the sacking has been forced onto Parish. He's all over Twitter yesterday saying how we all need to stick together and we'll get through it, then this happens not even 24 hours later.

Or maybe the players have had a mutiny or something. Because this doesnt seem to be a logical decision in any way.

Good luck FdB and sorry it didnt work out.

He's wanted FDB to leave for a few weeks now, otherwise he would have publically backed him and his style of play. Writing some cliché nonsense on Twitter doesn't change that.

baldeagle68
11-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Parish's mistake was to sell part of the club to the yanks who know nothing about football. All they want is a return for their investment.
Yesterday was a good performance and if we had taken our chances could easily have walked away winning 3 or even 4 - 1. To sack the man after a good display like that is a disgrace. I supported Parish 100% now I'm not so sure did he sack Frank or the Americans please don't let it be media pressure that made his mind up. 4 games the guy had 4 games on that basis Big Sam should have been sacked too! There is something very wrong going on at our club and it smacks of the Americans getting to involved and Parish not having the power to do anything about it. Last season we lost 21 games as a club we need to win 13/14 and draw a couple he deserved more time..... will Woy be sacked if he loses his 1st 4 games very strong chance of that happening when you look at the fixture list .....What a mess!!!

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Parish's mistake was to sell part of the club to the yanks who know nothing about football.

Do you think Parish knows his football....?

He's looking pretty out of his depth at the moment.

orp pisshead1
11-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Hung out to dry. Genuinely felt sorry for him yesterday. The club have a lot to answer for.

All the best Frank - it's a real shame this didn't work out.

This ^^^^ good luck Frank:p

Hector
11-09-2017, 01:33 PM
4 games 0 goals 0 points, players hating the system. Yep thanks for that.

Excowboy
11-09-2017, 01:37 PM
The question of whether he should've been sacked is superseded by the fact he should never have been appointed. It was a terrible fit and it's still baffling the board could have seen it otherwise.

Feel sorry for De Boer for the disingenuous way the whole thing's been handled but hopefully both sides can move on now.

Hector
11-09-2017, 01:37 PM
If anyone has any kind of defence for the club and how they acted, I would be interested to know because it seems we have complete tossers making decisions in the hiring and firing department.

I'm no apologist for SP but if De Boer was as reported then 4 or 14 games wasn't going to change their things it just put 10 games closer to the drop. A f!!k up is made even worse by not putting a stop to it.

It's not the results that got him the sack it's the relentionships

Maidstoned Eagle
11-09-2017, 01:39 PM
4 games 0 goals 0 points, players hating the system. Yep thanks for that.

Oh for the days when the manager ran the team and the players didnt spit their dummies out because of it.

Selhurst Celtic
11-09-2017, 01:40 PM
We will always have Ipswich.

PauLo
11-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Cheers for giving it a good go with what you. It's clear that you needed more time and for the board to back you re: a striker and goalkeeper and you didn't get any of it.

Sigh. It's all so shit.

Al From Bromley
11-09-2017, 01:42 PM
If he gets a £5m pay out for four games in charge then I call that good business on his part.

Eaglesfan1
11-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Echo the sentiments of the OP.

Same people calling this a good decision were likely the same ones calling the Leicester players snakes when Ranieri was sacked last season

baldeagle68
11-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Do you think Parish knows his football....?

He's looking pretty out of his depth at the moment.

Yes I do he is correct we need to change our style.
Now lots will disagree with that but our home form proves his point.
Sure play on the break away from home but at home we have to be more inventive and play a more attacking style.
We can't break teams down and as time goes by we will slip lower and lower until we're back in the championship.
We play to slow don't move the ball fast enough give teams time to regroup and defend. Every team that comes to us apart the top few park the bus ride out the first 20 minutes we lose heart and bang we're 1 down and it's game over.
I don't do stats but it would be interesting to see how our home form has been since we've been back in the premier.
That is what will kill us in the end!

Heath eagle
11-09-2017, 01:47 PM
As someone said before, we played well yesterday with a formation that he was ordered to go with , not franks choice, would people still be defending him if had of gone 3 at the back yesterday ??

NorthPalace23
11-09-2017, 01:48 PM
All this sympathy for De Boer is all very lovely but I would suggest things were badly wrong behind the scenes from the start.

Not an itk but all this love of De Boer and hatred of Parish is made without knowledge of the facts. Maybe De Boer was a total ****? Maybe he was forced to play the tactics we used yesterday? The point is we don't know.

The style of play didn't work in the pre season games and it didn't work in the 3 Pl games and cup. Yesterday we broke away from De Boer's style and we looked much better!

beef
11-09-2017, 01:49 PM
As someone said before, we played well yesterday with a formation that he was ordered to go with , not franks choice, would people still be defending him if had of gone 3 at the back yesterday ??

I suspect he kicked up a fuss about it and would have reverted to 3 at the back as soon as Wilf/RLC came back. He said as much in the post match interview. Possibly the last straw for the board.

Selhurst Celtic
11-09-2017, 01:51 PM
He's ex-rangers, so f*** him.

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks?
What thanks for no goals and no points.

Allardyce's team didn't score a goal or a point in 9 of his 21 games and we're all expected to queue up and lick his ring piece by way of thanks for what he did.

doogleboy
11-09-2017, 01:57 PM
nothing to thank him for.

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 01:58 PM

Indeed, but to repeat the same mistakes 4 summer windows in a row suggests we don't learn from them, or give others the chance to learn from theirs....

dangerous Nigel
11-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He was very unfortunate with injuries though but we looked inept, disjointed and a team without any cohesion. The players need to take some responsibility for this also but clearly we don't know what was going on in the background.

Seeing pictures of the two american owners attending yesterday's match spoke volumes as I not sure Burnley away is worth travelling 4000 miles for, well not the way we are playing. Clearly there for twist or bust decision unfortunately for FDB it was twist or is it bust?

Not sure where we go from here, Hodgson really!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Dyche would had been the logical decision in the summer

Johnnieboy
11-09-2017, 02:00 PM
He's ex-rangers, so f*** him.

I hear he had an afternoon out in Brighton once too

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 02:01 PM
it's a bit of a comedown to go from Premier League and Serie A to some lower-league outfit. But he could probably make it in the Isthmian League.

Probably a few clubs run more professionally down there than us tbf.

baldeagle68
11-09-2017, 02:01 PM
All this sympathy for De Boer is all very lovely but I would suggest things were badly wrong behind the scenes from the start.

Not an itk but all this love of De Boer and hatred of Parish is made without knowledge of the facts. Maybe De Boer was a total ****? Maybe he was forced to play the tactics we used yesterday? The point is we don't know.

The style of play didn't work in the pre season games and it didn't work in the 3 Pl games and cup. Yesterday we broke away from De Boer's style and we looked much better!

You are right no one knows but I know what I watch at a rain swept Burnley and thought we dominated them for most of the game something that not many teams will do up there. For me I watch what goes on on the pitch and yesterday wasn't bad at all and should have given us our first points but for a number of shocking misses.
Hen's had 1 save to make as far as I can remember in the whole game. We played some good football and mixed it up with long and short ball play it looked like we were making progress. Add wilf sakho and rubin to the mix and that could have been the start of something good. But now we'll never know we got Woy..... 50 plus years watching Palace and this has to be one of the most disappointing decisions i can remember.

Nigelbrag
11-09-2017, 02:06 PM
I felt it was inevitable that he would be sacked when he was not supported in the transfer window, as clearly funds were being held back for the new manager in the January window, the Sakho signing was clearly a Parish induced one to pacify the fans.
This sacking has probably left a nasty taste in footballing circles around the Country, and has not shown Parish or Palace in a good light.

beef
11-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Will highlights of the De Boer era be available?

beef
11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Allardyce's team didn't score a goal or a point in 9 of his 21 games and we're all expected to queue up and lick his ring piece by way of thanks for what he did.

That's a disgusting image :D

It's not fair to compare Allardyce and De Boer. Allardyce took over Pardew's mess during the season. De Boer had a pre-season to get things sorted.

Martin H
11-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes I do he is correct we need to change our style.
Now lots will disagree with that but our home form proves his point.
Sure play on the break away from home but at home we have to be more inventive and play a more attacking style.
We can't break teams down and as time goes by we will slip lower and lower until we're back in the championship.
We play to slow don't move the ball fast enough give teams time to regroup and defend. Every team that comes to us apart the top few park the bus ride out the first 20 minutes we lose heart and bang we're 1 down and it's game over.
I don't do stats but it would be interesting to see how our home form has been since we've been back in the premier.
That is what will kill us in the end!

I agree completely with this but then why abandon, Holloway, Pardew and FDB having engaged and encouraged them to do so. You can't then employ someone and expect there not to be friction with players that don't want to or can't adapt. If you haven't got the b***s to see it through why keep starting it. It's costing the club a large fortune constantly changing direction, staff and adding favourite players.

Just a note - whatever was wrong with FDB's handling of the individuals I think, on reflection, I agree with him that both Joel W and Martin K should have moved elsewhere. I 'like them both' and appreciate what they have done but there have to be better options around. We could keep them as 'reserves' but I don't think that is fair to either of them. They should both realise a fee and be first choice elsewhere.

Having read the 'outraged Sun' - I would just throw in that players have often been told to train with the U23 or told that they are going to be sold. It's never nice and may well have been handled badly I don't know but this is not unusual in football. Don't seem to remember anyone complaining that Mutch was being asked to train with the U23s or up for sale. As for the suits - WTF......

I think what is sticking in my throat a little is that these stories have 'suddenly emerged' as convenient evidence for the prosecution at a time that the club and Parish are under a lot of pressure for what is either an mistake in appointment or a mistake firing him. They would no doubt sue FDB if he was to leak anything from him that was negative or counter to this.

The right thing for Palace to do was to issue no comment and then make no comment or leaks - and just look forward.

redsox
11-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Don't know what all the fuss is about. Failure creates the opportunity to learn, Frank wasn't learning, simmple as that. We have the players to easily survive in this league. If an English manager went over to Ajax and tried to change their way of playing I doubt that he would last very long. He would need to adapt. I am concerned though that Roy is being touted sadly for him he is past his sell by date but, I suppose he does know the English game.Football in the Prem is ruthless and brutal I,m not even sure I like it as much as I did in the championship.

NickinOx
11-09-2017, 02:15 PM

It's not fair to compare Allardyce and De Boer. Allardyce took over Pardew's mess during the season. De Boer had a pre-season to get things sorted.

With the same team that scored 0.85 points per game under Allardyce (without Sakho) after a half season, and finished by losing four of five. Oh, and he did not get to spend the best part of 40m on players he wanted as the main signing was already one we mad plain we wanted well before FdB was appointed. Other than that, the situation was identical...

Don't get me wrong, FdB changed too much too quickly, but this team is not that good and FdB did not have Zaha or Sakho for all his key matches ala Sam.

ravepants
11-09-2017, 02:18 PM
The scuz report perhaps tells us a bit about what was going on with the players https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4438371/frank-de-boer-sacked-crystal-palace-steve-parish/amp/

baldeagle68
11-09-2017, 02:19 PM
The reward for just surviving is to great that's why there will always be a top 6 and the rest just hanging on. You will never get the time to build or change while in the premiership so you buy to survive and maybe just get lucky...

libran
11-09-2017, 02:21 PM
I feel sick about this sacking - disgusting.

For much of Burnley it was the best I've ever seen us play - and the stats show it. We had a gameplay, a style of play and even introduced a well-briefed youngster who showed real promise. I Really felt we'd turned a corner after Burnley and that style of play and approach was setting in and would've carried us forward.

Now it's back to square one again and as a club we really don't deserve another chance at something special, meaningful that creates a legacy.

Business as usual sadly, thank you for trying to bring us forward in the way you were asked to, Frank.

ravepants
11-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Personally see the ego issue as a huge thing - we can't (if you might want to) change a whole squad of players but you can't have them being allegedly goaded for not measuring up to his own, in his day immensely technically talented player.
Wanting to play a certain style and having 16 resources to do it are another thing - we need to get the players back up in confidence and encourage them - they are ours, some maybe like school kids with a new teacher they didn't like others may have been bullied, who knows, but they are ours and we need to support this club as we always have and be there for them and us!

henryhallandhisbasque
11-09-2017, 02:23 PM
I am glad he's gone, because I feel a dead man walking, hung out to dry by the Club, isn't going to turn results easily, but I feel sorry for him too.

He came here presumably on the basis he would be backed by the Club in the transfer market. He wasn't. A sign of this (to me) was the delay in getting Riedewald brought in. It took ages and I wonder if the reluctance to support his judgement was already kicking in for whatever reasons - probably ones we'll never know about. The two loans, yes, but then no goalkeeper and no striker brought in. Again, you wonder if he was presenting suggestions in these areas and delaying tactics were being presented back to him? Logical in one sense as we ended up with nobody in these positions brought in.

I can't prove it but I suspect it is more to do with the views of the players being taken into account on his suitability, rather than just the league defeats. If those player doubts were expressed not long after him joining, the rest of it (transfers dragging out, Sakho signed despite him than because of him maybe, and Freedman joining) sort of fits into place.

He's a multi-millionaire, one assumes, and him being sacked with a massive pay-off hardly pulls at your heart strings. Nonetheless, he is a human being who came here to try to do a good job, and he's been treated appallingly. It makes me even past caring whether we go down or not now. I don't like to see people treated like de Boer has been and the mindset of people prepared to do this disturbs me. I feel it's really not the Palace I knew any longer now.

in-exile
11-09-2017, 02:25 PM

Goodbye Frank, and sorry we screwed up.Yep...this!

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Granted, and I wasn't really comparing them as such, just the black and white nature of the post.

Though you could argue Allardyce struggled at first, then towards the end had started to struggle again! Was the mess ever really cleared up or did he just have a small patch of unexpected results against teams we shouldn't have had them against, cause the results again the same teams match this years?

FdB is the victim of an incredibly good 8 game spell from these players amongst a season of utter dross, stretching back nearly 2 years now, 77 days wasn't going to clear up 2 years of crap.

alanlee11
11-09-2017, 02:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJcyd3DWAAAQjk0.jpg

adman50
11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm no apologist for SP but if De Boer was as reported then 4 or 14 games wasn't going to change their things it just put 10 games closer to the drop. A f!!k up is made even worse by not putting a stop to it.

It's not the results that got him the sack it's the relentionships

The club ****ed up appointing him:

It was clear the coffers were empty
It was clear we have a squad paper thin
It was clear our set up suited the players we do have
It was clear what FDB wanted to achieve

Why go and hire a guy who openly said he wanted to change the style and play a passing based game knowing full well our transfer window was limited.

Any idiot with an ounce of intelligence would have got Dyche or a man of that ilk rather than someone wanting to shuffle the pack.

The fact is fella the same idiots keep making the same mistakes and we are a ******* shambles.

Mark Bright- yes man lap dog
Phil Alexander- yes man lap dog
Freedman??

Who is being held accountable?

I am actually appalled at the way this has been dealt with.

Thank **** Warnock is gainfully employed!

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 02:35 PM

So parish was interfering (yet again) and de boer pulled a fast one to get the job and completely changed what he said he would do.

Both to blame.

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 02:36 PM
The club ****ed up appointing him:

It was clear the coffers were empty
It was clear we have a squad paper thin
It was clear our set up suited the players we do have
It was clear what FDB wanted to achieve

Why go and hire a guy who openly said he wanted to change the style and play a passing based game knowing full well our transfer window was limited.

Any idiot with an ounce of intelligence would have got Dyche or a man of that ilk rather than someone wanting to shuffle the pack.

The fact is fella the same idiots keep making the same mistakes and we are a ******* shambles.

Mark Bright- yes man lap dog
Phil Alexander- yes man lap dog
Freedman??

Who is being held accountable?

I am actually appalled at the way this has been dealt with.

Thank **** Warnock is gainfully employed!

:D

adman50
11-09-2017, 02:39 PM

LOL manager pisses off players who should be nowhere near a top division team....

redeagle
11-09-2017, 02:44 PM

Seems pretty obvious that the relationship between FDzb and SP broke down irretrievably some time ago. May be its me but I don't understand his frustration over the delay in signing Sakho (he did make a veiled dig about this in the pre-match press conference). What's the point in paying over the odds to make an early signing of an injured player. He wouldn't have been able to play in any pre-season matches nor the first three league games. In fact Sakho was the one player it made perfect sense to buy right at the last minute.

Nostrils
11-09-2017, 02:44 PM

Where did this come from?

All seems plausible tbh.

I wonder what was said to Riedewald to cause friction. Also, it does look as if he's gone against his evolution not revolution thing so can see why Parish stuck his nose in on that one. The pre-season (although not a great idea imo) was already set up before he arrived anyway.

Danny boy
11-09-2017, 02:45 PM
LOL manager pisses off players who should be nowhere near a top division team....

It really is laughable. Especially when we decided to give Delaney a new contract without a new manager in place :wallbash:

Bexhill Eagle
11-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Parish does .
Was it just Parish. Or was he told??

radiomike
11-09-2017, 02:48 PM
according to the Sun 'man in the know' it is arrogant to show skills of the highest level to players and to be concerned that certain players cannot do the basics and actually telling these well paid professionals so . Do palace want to go to the next level with pace and technique or just try to survive each season where physicality and battling spirit are more important. I am sure the loan players were attracted by someone like FDB as was Sakho. .How will they react to a change back to a more limited, direct style - we shall see.

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Seems pretty obvious that the relationship between FDzb and SP broke down irretrievably some time ago. May be its me but I don't understand his frustration over the delay in signing Sakho (he did make a veiled dig about this in the pre-match press conference). What's the point in paying over the odds to make an early signing of an injured player. He wouldn't have been able to play in any pre-season matches nor the first three league games. In fact Sakho was the one player it made perfect sense to buy right at the last minute.

He'd be involved in training and train with the squad based on what he wants him to do, he was just not match fit? He might even have got match fit quicker had he been training with a full squad for the duration of pre season. As such, we penny pinched, again, simply to pay off the manager :rolleyes:

Alternatively, he could have said, if he isn't here and training by a certain time, lets move on and spend £26 million elsewhere rather than on a player he was never able to use!

Glaws Eagle
11-09-2017, 02:50 PM

what a load of old bollocks ..... he failed .. that's it.

Wright+Bright
11-09-2017, 02:51 PM
I feel sick about this sacking - disgusting.

For much of Burnley it was the best I've ever seen us play - and the stats show it. We had a gameplay, a style of play and even introduced a well-briefed youngster who showed real promise. I Really felt we'd turned a corner after Burnley and that style of play and approach was setting in and would've carried us forward.

Now it's back to square one again and as a club we really don't deserve another chance at something special, meaningful that creates a legacy.

Business as usual sadly, thank you for trying to bring us forward in the way you were asked to, Frank.

This is how I feel. But obviously we don't see what's going on behind the scenes.

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 02:51 PM
what a load of old bollocks ..... he failed .. that's it.

Both sides to blame

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Where did this come from?

All seems plausible tbh.

I wonder what was said to Riedewald to cause friction. Also, it does look as if he's gone against his evolution not revolution thing so can see why Parish stuck his nose in on that one. The pre-season (although not a great idea imo) was already set up before he arrived anyway.

I read that as he was 'nice' to Jairo as he bought him, and less so to the others, and said he wanted to get rid of them.

Having 25 players patched up with players not good enough is worse than having 22 players but with better quality IMO.

Kelly, Delaney, Lee, Mutch, Speroni and Sako, have been deemed not good enough for a while now, and not just by FdB, as well as Hennessey, Ward, Dann and Puncheon seemingly getting worse yet when the manager makes 1 attempt to move them on and replace them with better quality, he's told no.

Our squad will be made up of players like these, not good enough, and when we go down, no one will want them then either.

Our past will end up our future, how flipping depressing!

jimmy the gent
11-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Much as he sounds like a surly prick to work for, De Boer is kinda right that Ward and Kelly aren't good enough to play for the first team. Damien Delaney shouldn't even be employed at the club at this point, so whether he likes or doesnt like the boss shouldnt be relevant. Same goes for CYL. FDB does sound like an appalling man manager mind you.

NickinOx
11-09-2017, 02:58 PM

Alternatively, why spend the entire window chasing a player the club (according to SP himself) can barely afford? Why not look at some of the other options who were much cheaper, albeit not quite as good? We might have been able to bring in a new goalkeeper or striker for the difference in cost.

Likewise, why give new contracts to players like Delaney (and Mutch last year apparently) when it is obvious they are unlikely to feature much? Then SP complains the budget is tight because we have players on big money who they cant shift and don't play. It's farcical, and I'm a fan of SP.

Nostrils
11-09-2017, 02:59 PM
I read that as he was 'nice' to Jairo as he bought him, and less so to the others, and said he wanted to get rid of them.

Hasn't he seen Full Metal Jacket?

wedgetail
11-09-2017, 02:59 PM
De Boer tried a high risk strategy of a complete change of playing style coupled with an attempt to impose his authority with an arrogant attitude to the players. De Boer the player could get away from with that but de Boer the manager did not have the personal strength or the football nous to make it work.

adman50
11-09-2017, 03:01 PM
An absolute hatchet job.

Players apparently upset he would show them up in training because he could ping shots in to the top corner hahaha couldn't make it up.

Delaney has got more blood on his hands than Jack the Ripper!!

mrgins
11-09-2017, 03:06 PM
He should've been given more time. Improvement was shown yesterday, other than individual screw ups, and he was missing four or five key players. Bad decision to include Lee over van arnolt, but who would expect such a cockup. Bottom line is results. SP was no doubt feeling pressure from the yanks, but even the tv commentators and analysts said it would be madness to fire him right now. Good luck, Frank

Loafster
11-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Clearly were many issues behind the scenes.
For all the rights or wrongs that no one really knows, it clearly was not working at any level.
Yes we played okish yesterday, if you are satisfied with a 1-0 defeat.
Sometimes you buy the wrong player or hire the wrong manager.
A mistake has been made, recognized and rectified.
Rather now than when we are so far adrift it is too late.
FDB clearly a strange cookie though, as mentioned by Ajax fans and his equaly short tenure at Milan.
Maybe all the suits at Burnley yesterday, tapped up Dyche.

DARZET EAGLE
11-09-2017, 03:12 PM
An absolute hatchet job.

Players apparently upset he would show them up in training because he could ping shots in to the top corner hahaha couldn't make it up.

Delaney has got more blood on his hands than Jack the Ripper!!

First rule as a manager, get the players on your side by good example, listen to other peoples views, avoid an arrogant attitude and showing skills in training which have no bearing on tactics, produce a game plan which players understand and show some flexibility in said game.

AJ
11-09-2017, 03:19 PM
The most successful managers are those who embrace and encourage their players. If he was able to upset most of the players in 77 days, then he needed to go.

adman50
11-09-2017, 03:21 PM
First rule as a manager, get the players on your side by good example, listen to other peoples views, avoid an arrogant attitude and showing skills in training which have no bearing on tactics, produce a game plan which players understand and show some flexibility in said game.

Look at the names listed on Ornstein's piece....players who shouldn't even be on the wage bill let alone the match day squad considering this is our fifth season in the top flight. Absolute shithousery from so called professionals.

I'm baffled as to how banging in a goal would in anyway offend a paid professional I'd be impressed if I was being coached by someone that able!

adman50
11-09-2017, 03:22 PM
The most successful managers are those who embrace and encourage their players. If he was able to upset most of the players in 77 days, then he needed to go.

How do you know it's most? The BBC are saying certain.

Certain players who I am sure you agree would not feature in our best eleven.

Eagle's Nest
11-09-2017, 03:23 PM
There's more to this than meets the eye. I didn't think he deserved to go after the Burnley game. If the players had taken their very easy chances, would he have done?

DARZET EAGLE
11-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Look at the names listed on Ornstein's piece....players who shouldn't even be on the wage bill let alone the match day squad considering this is our fifth season in the top flight. Absolute shithousery from so called professionals.

I'm baffled as to how banging in a goal would in anyway offend a paid professional I'd be impressed if I was being coached by someone that able!

There's a difference between technical and tactical ability.

RCUK
11-09-2017, 03:24 PM
So Frank changed the side, had them play okay bar a moment of madness from someone who shouldn't have even started and I felt the team was on the up and encouraged by that.

Now today were faced with the prospect of having woy manage us.

Not sure how anyone can imagine why is an upgrade ...

Se9 eagles
11-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Parish does .

Could have been 'Dave and Josh'aka 'tight fisted yank wankers'?

danpalace07
11-09-2017, 03:29 PM

Parish meddles in first team affairs. Who knew.

Eagle's Nest
11-09-2017, 03:31 PM
There's more to this than meets the eye. I didn't think he deserved to go after the Burnley game. If the players had taken their very easy chances, would he have done?

Just read the Sun piece. Obviously thought he could use the "turning away" method on players. Very odd.

adman50
11-09-2017, 03:32 PM
There's a difference between technical and tactical ability.

Even if that really is a reason, it's a quiet word in the ear job not a sacking surely?

He changed the style and we played better and got let down by a fringe player making a woeful back pass despite looking three times before playing the ball back. A player who happened to me named as a player being unhappy.

Had Benteke and Dann done the business we wouldn't be having this conversation.

st albans
11-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Even if that really is a reason, it's a quiet word in the ear job not a sacking surely?

He changed the style and we played better and got let down by a fringe player making a woeful back pass despite looking three times before playing the ball back. A player who happened to me named as a player being unhappy.

Had Benteke and Dann done the business we wouldn't be having this conversation.

we would. He'd have gone anyway

DARZET EAGLE
11-09-2017, 03:41 PM
we would. He'd have gone anyway

I think he would the Yanks were out in full force, alongside Bright, Parish and Freedman.

ovingdean agent
11-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Wonder what RLC and TFM are thinking ? Their home clubs probably let them come because of FDB hoping that they would improve under his technical guidance and that they would not be playing in a hoof ball team.
If the board really wanted a long term change of style Its a pity he was not employed as the coach with a manager like Roy in the summer.

eagle-leg
11-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Not sure signing an injured defender earlier would have made much of a difference to results.

jimmy the gent
11-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Clearly were many issues behind the scenes.
For all the rights or wrongs that no one really knows, it clearly was not working at any level.
Yes we played okish yesterday, if you are satisfied with a 1-0 defeat.
Sometimes you buy the wrong player or hire the wrong manager.
A mistake has been made, recognized and rectified.
Rather now than when we are so far adrift it is too late.
FDB clearly a strange cookie though, as mentioned by Ajax fans and his equaly short tenure at Milan.

Agree with all of this. Wasnt working, wouldnt work and needed changing. We needed to move on, and try and get our season back on track while there's still time.

mb23
11-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Not backed one bit by the club, but never looked like he was going to turn it around. Persisted with a stupid formation everyone knew wasn't going to work, played pretty much every player out of position at some point during his time in charge, and obviously didn't have the players on side.

Don't get why we didn't sack him at the start of the international break, as it's clear that we would have sacked him however we lost yesterday. And with the fixtures we have coming up, he wouldn't have lasted much longer even if he got something out of yesterday's game.

I'd have personally got rid later, but you've got to admit that Parish and co. have shown some balls sacking him this early on. By doing so they've basically admitted they've made a mistake appointing him, believe it won't get any better however much time they gave him, and want to change things immediately to give us any hope of staying up.

If this change means survival, then I doubt Frank de Boer will feature in many of our memories for much longer.

Worksop Palace
11-09-2017, 03:49 PM
It was pretty clear from early on it didn't look like a marriage made in heaven

I have sympathy with FdB. I'm pretty pissed of with our club at the moment. Just continuing to lurch from one crisis to another will eventually be our demise. I can honestly see this going downhill rapidly. Unmotivated players, a stand in manager, pissed off and dejected fans is a recipe for disaster.

I think our beloved rollercoaster is in for a massive dip.

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Not sure signing an injured defender earlier would have made much of a difference to results.

He wasn't injured

Se9 eagles
11-09-2017, 03:55 PM

Steve Coppell used to be the best player in 5 a side when he became manager and the players loved it and respected him.Big difference now with these overpaid prima donnas.....

mb23
11-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Ward and Kelly are fine in a defensively set up team, which is what de Boer inherited.

If they're popular members of the squad, being slagged off by the manager isn't exactly going to have a positive effect on the rest of the team, is it.

Doesn't create a good working environment.

Spindle
11-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Was shit. Will not be missed.

Sleeping Giant
11-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Davids was more impressive for us.

cybais
11-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Thanks FdB in a way this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for him. COYP! :)

yorkshire-eagle
11-09-2017, 04:12 PM
It was pretty clear from early on it didn't look like a marriage made in heaven

I have sympathy with FdB. I'm pretty pissed of with our club at the moment. Just continuing to lurch from one crisis to another will eventually be our demise. I can honestly see this going downhill rapidly. Unmotivated players, a stand in manager, pissed off and dejected fans is a recipe for disaster.

I think our beloved rollercoaster is in for a massive dip.
Couldn't agree more! I'm also hacked off with the club right now. The board have acted shamelessly, they have lost all credibility to me. They made a decision to employ FdB, then did nothing to back or support him. 4 games ffs, what a total embarrassment. Good luck to FdB in the future, you deserved better than this kind of treatment

eagle-leg
11-09-2017, 04:17 PM
He wasn't injured

Not fit.

CPFC31
11-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Couldn't agree more! I'm also hacked off with the club right now. The board have acted shamelessly, they have lost all credibility to me. They made a decision to employ FdB, then did nothing to back or support him. 4 games ffs, what a total embarrassment. Good luck to FdB in the future, you deserved better than this kind of treatment

What part of 'Mistake' dont you understand?

redeagle
11-09-2017, 04:21 PM
He wasn't injured
He's not injured now, just not match fit. But he was certainly injured in July and August. If he had not been injured in July he would be fit now wouldn't he?

NorthPalace23
11-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the league cup win and in all probability costing us a huge pay off!

yorkshire-eagle
11-09-2017, 04:24 PM
I understand the word 'mistake' fine thanks
Was just voicing my opinion that I think he has been treated badly, no patience, no backing. Apologies if that doesn't fit with your view

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 04:28 PM

We've made the same shitty mistakes every summer and every window for 4 years! We learn nothing year in, year out, spending money needed elsewhere in the process.

cantspell
11-09-2017, 04:29 PM

This - all the best for the future Frank

cantspell
11-09-2017, 04:33 PM

**** off Lee - not the poster - Damian you've had your day too

New LP
11-09-2017, 04:45 PM
De Boer tried a high risk strategy of a complete change of playing style coupled with an attempt to impose his authority with an arrogant attitude to the players. De Boer the player could get away from with that but de Boer the manager did not have the personal strength or the football nous to make it work.

But, at the risk of sounding like a cracked record, this is what we signed up for. A protege of Van Gaal, who is very self confident or arrogant, whichever way you look at it. His intention was clear. He had his philosophy and if we didn't feel comfortable with it then we shouldn't have appointed him.The trouble is too many people were so busy basking in the glamour of his appointment that they forgot to read the small print. If we wanted a safe pair of hands, who would come in and steady the ship etc then we should have gone for that.
I still wonder why he took the job. He must have been promised more than he received in terms of transfer funds.

RazorsEdge
11-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Cheers FDB, was not meant to be, all the best

Nostrils
11-09-2017, 04:50 PM
But, at the risk of sounding like a cracked record, this is what we signed up for. A protege of Van Gaal, who is very self confident or arrogant, whichever way you look at it. His intention was clear. He had his philosophy and if we didn't feel comfortable with it then we shouldn't have appointed him.The trouble is too many people were so busy basking in the glamour of his appointment that they forgot to read the small print. If we wanted a safe pair of hands, who would come in and steady the ship etc then we should have gone for that.
I still wonder why he took the job. He must have been promised more than he received in terms of transfer funds.

He'd probably still have a job if he played the 433 that worked so well at Ajax. I suspect that's what Parish was expecting, not diving head first into a formation that he's never managed, we've not really played and didn't suit the players we had available.

Have to agree about the window, not securing a striker and goalkeeper is difficult to comprehend with the time we had to sort it out.

Banger
11-09-2017, 04:51 PM
I'm absolutely fuming about this. 4 games man! Ridiculous. Modern day footy pisses me right off sometimes. Speechless

TouchyAndalou
11-09-2017, 04:51 PM
A failed experiment. Should have stuck to the Dutch league. Unfortunately not cut out to manage at this level of competition.
Only an idiot would think they can make such a sweeping assessment based on 4 games. So carry on I guess.

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 04:55 PM
He's not injured now, just not match fit. But he was certainly injured in July and August. If he had not been injured in July he would be fit now wouldn't he?

If we signed him straight away he would of taken part in pre season.

Langers
11-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Shit happens - shame but onwards and upwards

ElwissAtMemphis
11-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Bringing in Lee and dropping Milivojevic was an inexplicably baffling decision. The way things developed after 3 minutes was about as portentous as imaginable. The footballing Gods spoke and sometimes it's clear that something's fundamentally wrong and it's better to bite the bullet and take the unpleasant medicine; the stakes are too high to be indecisive and to gamble on your luck changing nowadays.

Like it or not, results are far more important than aesthetics from where we're standing and a belief that today's Palace squad could be modelled on Ajax in the 70s was insane. It's sad to see such a great ex-player being humiliated like this but, regardless of how long he was allowed, he did a crap job. He'll be handsomely compensated so there's no need to feel too sorry for him. Those 4 matches really have been a pretty abject on the face of it and even though 4 matches isn't really long enough, something had to change and if his philosophy was that he was going to persist with the same tactics, then I don't blame Parish for pulling the trigger.

NorthPalace23
11-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Most of us don't know the full facts and what has happened behind the scenes.

However, De Boer comes accross as a ****!

BERT'S HEAD
11-09-2017, 05:21 PM

Interesting, I have only heard him spout the usual soundbites. What do you base this on ?

Tele Caster
11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Complete lack of preparation for crucial games against Swansea and Huddersfield is what has rightly cost him his job.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
11-09-2017, 05:35 PM
The thread should be title, 'Sorry we bottled it and shafted you, Frank.'

We paid lip service to playing better football without strengthening the midfield significantly. Proof is the fact Jason Puncheon plays there. We needed two quality midfield additions minimum and instead rented one player. We didn't buy a desperately needed first team striker while teams like Burnley now have four. We didn't buy a goalkeeper. Instead, we spunked everything on a fourth quality CB that was unfit to play for the first half-dozen games. That's supporting the managers philosophy.

Then we lost Tomkins, RLC, Cabaye and Wilf. The one CB who passes it out well, the one midfield runner we have who we are currently renting, the one midfielder who might complete a final ball and the only really penetrating player we have in Wilf. That's without the injured Sahko, on whom we spent £25m so he could sit on our bench. Did we give FdB even a few more games with those players in our team? Did we take into consideration that without those assets, we played some of the best passing football against Burnley and that we would have won if not for dire finishing?

No, we bottled it. This club won't go forward an inch in our footballing culture and saying we wanted to do so was as deep an ocean of bullshit as it was when Pardew said it last season. We find a way to f*ck up every good opportunity there is and we have shown the world we don't want to play progressive football from the minute the transfer window opened to what happened today. The chances of us luring a manager that will truly take us forward playing progressive football has been set back massively now because we have shown how paltry our commitment to it really is.

I enjoyed the 90mins of good football I saw my team play yesterday and was becoming excited at how we would only improve, especially after the return of injured players. I could not see how even a club with a culture as regressive as ours could fail to see the seeds of real improvement yesterday. Well, Palace proved me wrong there. I have never been so dismayed by the actions of my club and think we have blown the opportunity to revolutionize our status with an act of pure cowardice. I almost don't care if we stay up right now because we won't be progressing on or off the field even if we do survive another season. We've clearly decided it stick with what we know; scraping wins off of the odd cross until we stagger over the safety line.

beef
11-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Complete lack of preparation for crucial games against Swansea and Huddersfield is what has rightly cost him his job.

That's it for me. The way we lined up against both sides is unforgivable.

rhyswolfie
11-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Sad day for the club that De Boer left. He was the only manager who was willing to give young talent a proper chance and the team was finally coming together during the Burnley game. I truly believe that things would have worked out if we stuck with him until mid season.

arabian eagle
11-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Still think personally he should have been given another game based on the last performance. Palace do not come out of this looking good at all. All the best FDB and COYP. Season starts now.

Justy C
11-09-2017, 05:41 PM

100% correct, and then to allow things during those games to spiral out of control. Yes, I know we switched to 4 at the back at half time v Swansea but he should have changed it during the first half...or lets be honest, played 4 at the back from the start.

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Yet I can guarantee you forgave Allardcye AFTER he turned round that Sunderland 'performance'?

How about the Swansea game? Or the Arsenal one where we did next to nothing? What about West Ham? Or the Burnley game? The Stoke game?

We were shit in every game we lost under Allardyce, shit for the majority of both draws, and undeserved winners on the balance of play in 2 maybe 3 of our wins.

The only reasons the performances were 'unforgivable' is because he hasn't had a chance to do anything but those.

SeanPalace84
11-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Good luck, wanted him gone last week but after yesterday felt more positive. Can't blame the decision however and Parish must know he made a mistake.

olly cromwell
11-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Thanks for trying Frank, wish you had been given more of a chance,

Zohar's Penalty
11-09-2017, 05:51 PM

You do rather get that impression reading the reports. I think it's safe to say he's a bit of a dick.

The real stewards enquiry should be into why he was hired in the first place.

NorthPalace23
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Interesting, I have only heard him spout the usual soundbites. What do you base this on ?

I personally think there is more to this sacking than meets the eye.

One of the more realistic explanations is that he has pissed off everyone at the club.

I didn't like the way he called the players cowards because of his tactical ineptitude.

I didn't like the way numerous players were played out of position.

I didn't like the way Dutch players just walked into the team ie Fosu Mensah without earning the shirt.

What are people on here thanking him for? A few shots on target and scraping a league cup win against Ipswich 19 year olds! Dear oh dear. Davids made more of an impression than De Bore!

Zohar's Penalty
11-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Yet I can guarantee you forgave Allardcye AFTER he turned round that Sunderland 'performance'?

How about the Swansea game? Or the Arsenal one where we did next to nothing? What about West Ham? Or the Burnley game? The Stoke game?

We were shit in every game we lost under Allardyce, shit for the majority of both draws, and undeserved winners on the balance of play in 2 maybe 3 of our wins.

The only reasons the performances were 'unforgivable' is because he hasn't had a chance to do anything but those.

Sunderland was clearly a debacle. But the line ups against Huddersfield and Swansea were outright negligence in games where we really could've got something.

I'm sad today because the club is in the shit and has been publicly embarrassed. I don't really have much sympathy for Frank, based on the games I watched and the reports I have read about his nature behind the scenes.

Celestial Empire
11-09-2017, 05:58 PM
It will be a real shame if this little episode confirms SP in his apparent view that only English managers will do. FdB was the wrong guy at the wrong time.
I guess SP thought that Holland, being pretty close to England culturally speaking, would be low risk, but Dutch football is entirely different, and Dutch managers have not done very well in the Prem.

Curry
11-09-2017, 06:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41229891

Among the reasons for Palace's dissatisfaction were:

De Boer's apparent diversion from a number of agreements reached when he signed, such as the team's formation.
The squad's struggles to adapt to the style of play he tried to implement.
Poor feedback on planning, methods and sessions.
Atmosphere at the training ground.
His use of, and relationship with certain players, such as Damien Delaney, Martin Kelly, Joel Ward, Jairo Riedewald and Lee Chung-yong.
A perceived lack of input on transfer activity.

De Boer is understood to have been unhappy with factors including:

The pre-season schedule organised before his arrival.
The involvement of Parish in first-team matters.
The delay in signing defender Mamadou Sakho.

beef
11-09-2017, 06:01 PM

We were a complete mess when Allardyce came in. I actually thought we were going down at one point - but felt that even if we did Allardyce would be the manager to take us back up (bloody glad it didn't happen that way!).

FdB took a successful formula and dismantled it. That's fine if the solution works, but we lost at home to two bottom feeders.

Celestial Empire
11-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Any similarity between Frank de Boer and Louis van Gaal, is purely coincidental.

TouchyAndalou
11-09-2017, 07:40 PM

We paid lip service to playing better football without strengthening the midfield significantly. Proof is the fact Jason Puncheon plays there. We needed two quality midfield additions minimum and instead rented one player. We didn't buy a desperately needed first team striker while teams like Burnley now have four. We didn't buy a goalkeeper. Instead, we spunked everything on a fourth quality CB that was unfit to play for the first half-dozen games. That's supporting the managers philosophy.

Then we lost Tomkins, RLC, Cabaye and Wilf. The one CB who passes it out well, the one midfield runner we have who we are currently renting, the one midfielder who might complete a final ball and the only really penetrating player we have in Wilf. That's without the injured Sahko, on whom we spent £25m so he could sit on our bench. Did we give FdB even a few more games with those players in our team? Did we take into consideration that without those assets, we played some of the best passing football against Burnley and that we would have won if not for dire finishing?

No, we bottled it. This club won't go forward an inch in our footballing culture and saying we wanted to do so was as deep an ocean of bullshit as it was when Pardew said it last season. We find a way to f*ck up every good opportunity there is and we have shown the world we don't want to play progressive football from the minute the transfer window opened to what happened today. The chances of us luring a manager that will truly take us forward playing progressive football has been set back massively now because we have shown how paltry our commitment to it really is.

I enjoyed the 90mins of good football I saw my team play yesterday and was becoming excited at how we would only improve, especially after the return of injured players. I could not see how even a club with a culture as regressive as ours could fail to see the seeds of real improvement yesterday. Well, Palace proved me wrong there. I have never been so dismayed by the actions of my club and think we have blown the opportunity to revolutionize our status with an act of pure cowardice. I almost don't care if we stay up right now because we won't be progressing on or off the field even if we do survive another season. We've clearly decided it stick with what we know; scraping wins off of the odd cross until we stagger over the safety line. Agreed. We played good football yesterday, De Boer's tactics were spot on and despite the result, the performance showed promise for the rest of the season (if we'd been brave enough to hold off on pressing the panic button)

The culture of our club is a problem because so many supporters seem to think the only ever answer is to get in the most regressive, negative, "pragmatic" manager possible and that playing 11 men behind the ball is a viable long-term strategy in this division. We're winning less and less home games each successive season with that approach, and there's only one way we're heading if that is allowed to continue.

Pulis, Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce... Roy. Who the hell is left? Oh yeah, Dougie.

GorBlimey
11-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Agreed. We played good football yesterday, De Boer's tactics were spot on and despite the result, the performance showed promise for the rest of the season (if we'd been brave enough to hold off on pressing the panic button)

The culture of our club is a problem because so many supporters seem to think the only ever answer is to get in the most regressive, negative, "pragmatic" manager possible and that playing 11 men behind the ball is a viable long-term strategy in this division. We're winning less and less home games each successive season with that approach, and there's only one way we're heading if that is allowed to continue.

Pulis, Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce... Roy. Who the hell is left? Oh yeah, Dougie.

Yep, four games in and we give up the ghost, even though we're without key players and our new £25m+ signing.

We take one step forward and three steps backwards. If you keep doing that you'll end up behind where you started.

Really can't see us attracting anyone progressive with our track record.

Zohar's Penalty
11-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Yep, four games in and we give up the ghost, even though we're without key players and our new £25m+ signing.

We take one step forward and three steps backwards. If you keep doing that you'll end up behind where you started.

Really can't see us attracting anyone progressive with our track record.

Have you read the reports about how Frank conducted himself?

GorBlimey
11-09-2017, 08:02 PM

What showing up some of the players by being able to actually find the back of the net?

Night Eagle
11-09-2017, 08:04 PM

Mistake in the appointment but absolutely correct in the sacking. I'm surprised it wasn't done after Swansea giving woy an opportunity for the break and to have a go at burnley.

Louis
11-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Disappointed that FdB has gone, was looking forward to seeing how we developed over the next few months. Balanced against this, I have great faith in SP.

Veagle1
11-09-2017, 08:16 PM

Not being funny here, but NO! I haven't heard how "Frank conducted himself"

Could you enlighten me please.

Thank you.

917L
11-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Frank

BERT'S HEAD
11-09-2017, 08:18 PM

Thank you.

Anyone would think he was throwing around Glasgow kisses.

PeterH
11-09-2017, 08:20 PM
It's a very strange one this. I haven't read the whole thread, but I agree with every post on the first page - and the posts are coming from all angles. I just don't see people disagreeing with each other on the first page - just looking at this sad, sorry affair from different perspectives.

When Pulis went or Dougie people were tearing chunks off of each other. But I think for whatever reason most think his time was up even if the manner of his departure is not a good image for our Club.

cowlin87
11-09-2017, 08:21 PM

Thank you.

Was just about to ask the same thing. I've not read or heard anything and I read/listen to most things I can get my hands on. Any actual info would be gratefully received

boxthorncutter
11-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Doe-doei Frank

beef
11-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Just remembered that he was our first foreign (proper) manager. I wonder if it will take another 100+ years.

spt1978
11-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Sounds like he should be in the DoF role, certainly a better judge of player than anyone currently employed.

PeckhamSpring
No manager gets sacked after 4 games based on results alone I will wait for the full story to break to make a judgement but I have a feeling De Boer must of pissed off a fair few of the players and management. Not the kind of combination you want with terrible results.

boxthorncutter

I've read a Daily Mail article talking about transfer disagreements and lack of clarity with players. What else is there? Links please.

Kipungu
11-09-2017, 08:25 PM
I didn't like the way Dutch players just walked into the team ie Fosu Mensah without earning the shirt.

Personally, I do like Fosu Mensah and don't think that I would criticise De Boer over that particular decision.

Playing Chungy was criminal though.

Louis
11-09-2017, 08:34 PM

Thank you.
Some info here:

boxthorncutter
11-09-2017, 08:43 PM
I read something about some players being unhappy FdB was playing in training. Also I remember reading a post on here indicating they didn't like Trustfull.

Also Frank was rightly not happy about the pre-season schedule. Did he also think there were too few games?

It seems there could be a Delaney-led crybaby clique within the squad that don't like change, who are favoured by Parish.

I welcome Roy but feel Frank got a rough deal.

Veagle1
11-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Some info here:

Thank you.

boxthorncutter
11-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Frank if you're reading, if you have any clips of you showing up the players in training, please leak them here.

RobertCPFC
11-09-2017, 08:53 PM
I read something about some players being unhappy FdB was playing in training. Also I remember reading a post on here indicating they didn't like Trustfull.

Also Frank was rightly not happy about the pre-season schedule. Did he also think there were too few games?

It seems there could be a Delaney-led crybaby clique within the squad that don't like change, who are favoured by Parish.

I welcome Roy but feel Frank got a rough deal.

It's hard to get the pre-season schedule right. Last year we had too many games and ended up using some for youth teams and this year didn't have as many. It's then even harder when FdB didn't join until late June when the first mach against Maidstone which was then altered was less than two weeks away. He probably didn't like the Asia Trophy either but overseas tours are now a regular thing for all top division sides despite managers and a lot of supporters wanting to do other matches more locally.

Malarkey
11-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks Frank, sorry you had to be the manager of this joke club.

PemboExpress
11-09-2017, 08:56 PM

I enjoyed the 90mins of good football I saw my team play yesterday and was becoming excited at how we would only improve, especially after the return of injured players. I could not see how even a club with a culture as regressive as ours could fail to see the seeds of real improvement yesterday. Well, Palace proved me wrong there. I have never been so dismayed by the actions of my club and think we have blown the opportunity to revolutionize our status with an act of pure cowardice. I almost don't care if we stay up right now because we won't be progressing on or off the field even if we do survive another season. We've clearly decided it stick with what we know; scraping wins off of the odd cross until we stagger over the safety line.

Excellent post. Exactly how I feel.

NRM the 2nd
11-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Yep that sums it up for me as well

Jordan's Jacket
11-09-2017, 09:24 PM
I suspect there is more to it than just the results. Clearly the relationship between him and the board was damaged just we don't know how or why

brighton_eagle
11-09-2017, 09:24 PM
One thing seems clear from some of the reports - if you piss of Damo your card is marked.

Eagle's Nest
11-09-2017, 09:28 PM
One thing seems clear from some of the reports - if you piss of Damo your card is marked.

It's not right.

westsussexeagle
11-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Excellent post. Exactly how I feel.

Me too.

Louis
11-09-2017, 09:34 PM
I doubt if SP is daft enough to be influenced by a single player.

hgeagle
11-09-2017, 09:35 PM

Absolutely spot on.

chrisophiex
11-09-2017, 09:41 PM

What's Damo's piss got to do with anything.....

Sorry.

PalaceRichard
11-09-2017, 09:47 PM

It's difficult for me to know what to feel today, but you make some very good points here. Overall I feel that it was too soon to move to the supposedly more expansive style of play as I don't think that we have enough quality in the squad, especially in defence, to pull it off. Therefore, it was a massive gamble for Parish to take, and an even bigger one without recruiting more numbers in the transfer window.

De Boer had bad luck with the players who were injured also being our most skilful with the ball, and we certainly looked far better yesterday. I think that he tried to change too quickly, however, he definitely wasn't given a fair chance given the lack of backing before the season started.

DARZET EAGLE
11-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Go and find another one then.

audreytatou
11-09-2017, 09:56 PM

Agreed mate:(

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
11-09-2017, 10:12 PM

The fact is we continue to think like a club with aspirations to do no more than survive in the premier league. I believe we will survive under Roy but we also would have under FdB, especially after the penny had fully dropped in terms of a passing game and when critical players had returned.

The difference is that there is no future, long-term plan imaginable under a 70 year-old man probably looking for a last payday. Unless this club truly surprises me with a committed, progressive approach, ( based on what manager I do not know ) then I believe we will be a Championship club again five years from today or, at best, a newly-promoted team struggling to establish ourselves again.

At which point, it will be this very day I will be thinking about and wondering what if we had put our money ( literally and figuratively ) where our mouth was and given Frank De Boer just a little more time, trust and support. I don't care what the players thought. They play for the manager. They are highly paid employees.

I'm not sure everyone here recognizes what a monumental crossroads this was. If we stick with our old formula, I want the FdB-bashers to remember this day, especially when Wilf leaves us and we end up scratching our heads and wondering why we can't fashion a goal. We have shown once again that we have the culture and outlook of a Championship outfit.

philsick
11-09-2017, 10:18 PM
The fact is we continue to think like a club with aspirations to do no more than survive in the premier league. I believe we will survive under Roy but we also would have under FdB, especially after the penny had fully dropped in terms of a passing game and when critical players had returned.

The difference is that there is no future, long-term plan imaginable under a 70 year-old man probably looking for a last payday. Unless this club truly surprises me with a committed, progressive approach, ( based on what manager I do not know ) then I believe we will be a Championship club again five years from today or, at best, a newly-promoted team struggling to establish ourselves again.

At which point, it will be this very day I will be thinking about and wondering what if we had put our money ( literally and figuratively ) where our mouth was and given Frank De Boer just a little more time, trust and support. I don't care what the players thought. They play for the manager. They are highly paid employees.

I'm not sure everyone here recognizes what a monumental crossroads this was. If we stick with our old formula, I want the FdB-bashers to remember this day, especially when Wilf leaves us and we end up scratching our heads and wondering why we can't fashion a goal. We have shown once again that we have the culture and outlook of a Championship outfit.

Yep sad day for the club

aj4england
11-09-2017, 10:18 PM
If you employ someone on certain understandings and then once in the post the individual completely disregards these and looks like totally out of his depth , then the sack is a likely outcome . What's less clear is did SP make understandings / commitments to FdB and did he keep his side of the bargain.

GorBlimey
11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
We have shown once again that we have the culture and outlook of a Championship outfit.

Your whole post was good but I'm not sure about the last bit.

I would say more like a League 1 outfit.

I hope Hodgson can steer the ship for a while and we stay up but I have to say FdB looked like the way forward for us and we've scrapped that as a plan after 4 games.

I don't know where we go from here other than continually firefighting season after season until we run out of luck.

Stellavista
11-09-2017, 10:23 PM
I suspect there is more to it than just the results. Clearly the relationship between him and the board was damaged just we don't know how or why

I heard that after a night out on the Oranjebooms, Frank took a detour to Parish's gaff and pissed all over the bonnet of his flash motor. True that.

Windsor_Eagle
11-09-2017, 10:28 PM

I certainly agree re the paltry commitment to progressing forwards BUT is Roy of the same ilk as Pulis and Sam? Indeed, was Sam's time with us about conceding the pitch?

Roy's tenure at Fulham and West Brom was some pretty decent football. I have no real qualm with Roy so much as I have dismay at how we handled de Boer. My only concern with Roy is his age and what that means in terms of his tenure and what he hopes to achieve.

Decent football, survival and a succession plan is the best we can hope for. Not holding my breath.

Louis
11-09-2017, 10:33 PM

Thank you.
There's quite a bit in this article ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steve-parish-frank-de-boer-sacked-crystal-palace-players-a7941376.html

CPFC since 1989
11-09-2017, 10:38 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steve-parish-frank-de-boer-sacked-crystal-palace-players-a7941376.html

Very troubling if true

"Likewise, the former Ajax and Inter boss was made aware of cliques in the squad who had been upset by him playing in training, something that baffled De Boer as, if anything, professionals should be motivated at being shown up by a retiree more than 10 years their senior in many cases rather than threatened by it."

palaceporky
11-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Good luck and thank you Frank. You tried, you were learning and changes were afoot but to be given only 4 games is embarrassing. You told us the style you wanted, I was sceptical but was buying in to it and was impressed yesterday as I think the majority were.

Never mind as we will go back to the long ball, shit passing, have 12% of possession, TRY to score a goal and hang on for dear life for 80 mins (prob 10 but feels like 80), as per the Palace way of the last X amount of years.
Oh happy days.

TouchyAndalou
11-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Very troubling if true

"Likewise, the former Ajax and Inter boss was made aware of cliques in the squad who had been upset by him playing in training, something that baffled De Boer as, if anything, professionals should be motivated at being shown up by a retiree more than 10 years their senior in many cases rather than threatened by it."

De Boer: This is how I want you to pass the ball.

Damo: pffft. I know how to pass a ball.

*boots the ball clear out of the training pitch and the sound of a car alarm can be heard going off in the far distance*

palacemetros
11-09-2017, 10:50 PM

"Must spread rep...." So sorry to have to agree with you entirely.

El Aguila
11-09-2017, 10:56 PM
Good luck and thank you Frank. You tried, you were learning and changes were afoot but to be given only 4 games is embarrassing. You told us the style you wanted, I was sceptical but was buying in to it and was impressed yesterday as I think the majority were.

Never mind as we will go back to the long ball, shit passing, have 12% of possession, TRY to score a goal and hang on for dear life for 80 mins (prob 10 but feels like 80), as per the Palace way of the last X amount of years.
Oh happy days.

Hodgson's teams have always played quite well, for my taste.

Stellavista
11-09-2017, 10:59 PM

I'd be surprised of Delaney was any more likely to be in Roy's plans then he was in de Boer's. Great servant of the club, but surely done at this level?
Mind you, might be useful in the Championship next year.

palaceporky
11-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Very troubling if true

Yep. The old boys club, of has beens, sticking their nose in to the day to day running because they are too shit to play a modern style is a joke.

'Boo hoo hoo, Frank's not picking me' .... and I should still be playing. I'm off to cry about it, make things awkward, difficult around the training ground and am going to tell the chairman how bad things are...

If it turns out to be true and then get picked to play, they should be booed off the pitch. Wankers, get rid.
Bet said players are creaming themselves at the hope of some old style shit football and the chance of being picked again.

Martin H
11-09-2017, 11:22 PM

*boots the ball clear out of the training pitch and the sound of a car alarm can be heard going off in the far distance*

Another classic. - You are brightening my life and right now that's no mean feat :D

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 11:28 PM
We were a complete mess when Allardyce came in. I actually thought we were going down at one point - but felt that even if we did Allardyce would be the manager to take us back up (bloody glad it didn't happen that way!).

FdB took a successful formula and dismantled it. That's fine if the solution works, but we lost at home to two bottom feeders.

Allardyce didn't stay having kept us up, he wasn't staying if we went down was he?!

That successful formula had won 1 game in 5? That's identical to the first 5 under de Boer? Allardyce had a remarkable 8 games in the time he was here, winning games we were dominated in, the opposite to us Sunday, which is what kept us up. He lost almost every game he took charge of against the 'bottom feeders' and we played far worse doing so!!

We owe him for the fact we are still in the league, but don't write stuff like he created a successful formula, or he transformed the shit Pardew left us with, he didn't, that rot is well and truly set in, de Boer was suffering from the same shite still lingering about the whole club.

14 of Big Sams 21 games we were utter shite, not scoring a goal in 9, losing 12, drawing 2 games we were pretty poor in.

Allardyce should not have had the chances against Chelsea etc. he should have gone after Stoke having recorded 1 win, 4 points and a whopping 4 goals in 8 games. But glad there was patience shown there!

I can see us having played our shot or bust card so early this season any purple patch will not see us pull far enough away before the players get sucked back in the rut and there is no getting out this time.

hughff
11-09-2017, 11:34 PM
Crystal Palace has failed, either in appointing him or in sacking him so soon. Whether or not FdB would have failed is a question that cannot be answered.

TouchyAndalou
11-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Another classic. - You are brightening my life and right now that's no mean feat :DHaha, what else can you do but laugh in this situation?

Thinking about it now, playing good football and becoming an established mid table side over 3-4 years just never sounded very Palace. No, we'll hire a new manager, lose 4 games, bring in Dougie as DOF, sack the manager and hire Roy Hodgson. Now that - that is Palace!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
12-09-2017, 01:16 AM
I'd be surprised of Delaney was any more likely to be in Roy's plans then he was in de Boer's. Great servant of the club, but surely done at this level?
Mind you, might be useful in the Championship next year.

I doubt Delaney would do very well at Championship level now to be honest.

jimmy the gent
12-09-2017, 01:19 AM
Utterly bizarre giving him a new year on his deal. Looked absolutely done in that Burnley home game after a year of struggling.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
12-09-2017, 01:33 AM

I think there are things I agree with there and after yesterday's performance I too hoped that with key players back we might be able to build on what was a good performance in lots of areas.

However, for all De Boer's knowledge and coaching ability - and I don't doubt that he has an an awful lot of that - there were some major, major mistakes made by him too. He altered the formation 3 times in 4 PL games (which doesn't suggest he had figured out the best way to use his players). He did rip up the whole right side of our team from pre-season on the opening day - and we looked a complete mess as a result. He did remove the width of wide forwards until yesterday). He did seem to use players very differently once the season started than he did in pre-season - in short the players didn't seem ready to play the way he wanted them too. He used Ward at left back when we had both PVA and Schlupp (both £10m+ left backs) in the match day squad - it was written somewhere in an article today that he apparently didn't even realise Schlupp can play left back.

Maybe if we'd had a more progressive manager who also made more sensible selections, who had set up with a formation that worked (and done it before being told by nearly ever fan and no doubt directly by the board that 3 at the back wasn't working), one who could man-manage better instilled some faith in the players then we would have been very happy to allow some time for a new style to bed in. Sadly, De Boer did none of those things. He was certainly unlucky to be without a few key players for most of his time here but I think he made an awful lot of mistakes.

There is probably a reason we can't keep hold of managers but there is probably a reason why De Boer hasn't managed to keep either of his last two jobs for even 3 months.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
12-09-2017, 01:36 AM
Utterly bizarre giving him a new year on his deal. Looked absolutely done in that Burnley home game after a year of struggling.

Particularly bizarre considering we then went out and signed 3 more centre backs (two of them left sided).

H.Bomb
12-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Ok so based on my friend in the know (you know he's in the know because he never claims to be in the know) He was just very unpopular. He hung certain players out to dry in front of the squad, nobody understood what he was doing and he was very blunt about a lot of things. Players went to Parish 3 weeks ago to complain.

De Boer and Parish properly clashed. De Boer has an ego from his reputation so was never going to listen to a businessman. Would have been better if he'd said that when interviewed to save all this mess but there we go! Mistakes on all sides but best to move on.

Essexeagle
12-09-2017, 06:39 AM
The club have really messed up. Despite taking five weeks to appoint him, they clearly didn't do any due diligence.

Five mins of Google searching will show you that his inflexibilty and style of football was being questioned even at Ajax and that he fell out with the players at Inter too. He might have been sacked too soon, but it seems the signs were there for all to see before the appointment.

It does seem to me he was told to play 4-3-3 (rather than choosing to play it himself) but Parish has made the club looked ridiculous and he really needs to apologise instead of sending sarcastic replies on Twitter.

spt1978
12-09-2017, 06:44 AM

:D

T.C.
12-09-2017, 06:52 AM
No hard feelings - we treaded him like sh!t

RednBlue
12-09-2017, 06:53 AM

Johnnieboy
12-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Particularly bizarre considering we then went out and signed 3 more centre backs (two of them left sided).

It would be a surprise if he played again for us given who has come in. Give him a golden handshake or a coaching contract if you want to "reward" him for service

Garfy
12-09-2017, 07:00 AM
No hard feelings - we treaded him like sh!t

Not sure we trod on him but don't disagree with the sentiment!

T.C.
12-09-2017, 07:03 AM

If true then he knew what we all know that Delaney, Ward and Kelly are not up to it.

The worrying thing is that Parish clearly thinks they are and this probably caused the clique.

Mr Palace
12-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Let's be fair - he's walked away with more money for two months of failure than most will earn in a lifetime. It's awful the way it has turned out but I'm not sure he deserves loads of sympathy.

gamesmeister
12-09-2017, 07:05 AM

I just choked on my coffee :supergrin:

Sleeping Giant
12-09-2017, 07:36 AM
I love the way people are all sort of up in arms, shocked and surprised. I mean this group just beat Liverpool, arsenal and Chelsea in a system devised by an England manager and highly respected Premier Boss. They've also suffered considerable trauma from the rollercoaster of last term. This guy marches in with no Premier experience at all and tells them to just ignore all that because he has a cunning plan that will be better for the type of players they are, when even the club hamster can see that that is not the case. You never get back the respect lost right there.

Another Oxted Eagle
12-09-2017, 07:48 AM
I love the way people are all sort of up in arms, shocked and surprised. I mean this group just beat Liverpool, arsenal and Chelsea in a system devised by an England manager and highly respected Premier Boss. They've also suffered considerable trauma from the rollercoaster of last term. This guy marches in with no Premier experience at all and tells them to just ignore all that because he has a cunning plan that will be better for the type of players they are, when even the club hamster can see that that is not the case. You never get back the respect lost right there.

But surely that is what he was hired to do ?

DE - Glad All Over
12-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Let's be fair - he's walked away with more money for two months of failure than most will earn in a lifetime. It's awful the way it has turned out but I'm not sure he deserves loads of sympathy.

Agreed - when you reward big for failure then it's likely to come quickly.

Mr Palace
12-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Agreed - when you reward big for failure then it's likely to come quickly.

It is amazing. Managers would never agree to performance related pay no doubt but it would be nice to see.

Stellavista
12-09-2017, 09:25 AM
I doubt Delaney would do very well at Championship level now to be honest.

Yes. I was being kind. Maybe for a newly promoted club from Div 1.

Malarkey
12-09-2017, 10:46 AM
[/B]

Go and find another one then.

**** off

adman50
12-09-2017, 11:13 AM

So who the **** gave him the job in the first place?

He openly and perhaps brazenly said he wanted to play total football and have us pinging the ball around.

Did nobody at the club think hmmm I don't think we will able to achieve that given we have **** all money in the transfer kitty, one striker and no adequate goalkeeping options in the whole FIVE WEEKS it took to appoint him. Any casual fan with any sense new Dyche was the best fit for our circumstances given we have already parted ways with the two best survival specialists the in the league.

A complete **** up by the club there is no other blame to apportion here. I've asked repeatedly on this board what the hell does Phil Alexander do all day apart from sit there wondering how he is still employed after overseeing not one but two administrations. What qualifications does Mark Bright have, what does he even do?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
12-09-2017, 11:21 AM
I couldn't give a flying shit about him. He knows it's a game played at very high stakes, and he was willing to take a massive wage and no doubt a payoff worth more than most of us will earn in an entire lifetime, for doing just a few months 'work'.

We scored no goals and no points, the worst start by a club in 94 years.

F**k off and close the door on the way out.

adman50
12-09-2017, 11:25 AM
I couldn't give a flying shit about him. He knows it's a game played at very high stakes, and he was willing to take a massive wage and no doubt a payoff worth more than most of us will earn in an entire lifetime, for doing just a few months 'work'.

We scored no goals and no points, the worst start by a club in 94 years.

F**k off and close the door on the way out.

**** off Dann and Benteke for absolute missing sitters.

**** off Lee for playing a crazy back pass even after looking three times.

**** off Hennessey just because you are a useless ****.

RednBlue
12-09-2017, 11:29 AM

Good to see constructive criticism..

Owngoal
12-09-2017, 11:34 AM

And

**** off adman50 just because you are a useless **** of a so called supporter

adman50
12-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Good to see constructive criticism..

Sorry forgot to add how dare Zaha & RLC be injured and Sakho not match fit. :moo:

adman50
12-09-2017, 11:35 AM
And

**** off adman50 just because you are a useless **** of a so called supporter

Clearly whooshed here old man- your senile brain failing to pick up the sarcasm in my post!

Still at least I bother to watch the games eh?

BillyTKid
12-09-2017, 11:43 AM

We may have beat those teams but we also lost to Sunderland, Swansea, Burnley etc. Lets not forget that in the last five games under Allardyce we lost four of them without scoring a goal.

Spindle
12-09-2017, 01:28 PM
I'm absolutely fuming about this. 4 games man! Ridiculous. Modern day footy pisses me right off sometimes. Speechless

If you go on a few dates with a bird and she seems a bit of a bunny boiler and still hasn't put out after the fourth do you decide to book up another four or five dates with her to see if she'll turn out to be 'the one'? No, **** punt her out of there.

Boyandy
12-09-2017, 01:38 PM
If you go on a few dates with a bird and she seems a bit of a bunny boiler and still hasn't put out after the fourth do you decide to book up another four or five dates with her to see if she'll turn out to be 'the one'? No, **** punt her out of there.

If you told her she was going for some fine dining but instead took her to Starburger (and told her she could only have a kids meal) could you blame her?

Spindle
12-09-2017, 02:48 PM
That doesn't fit the analogy at all. It was the bunny boiler who answered Parish's Tinder ad, which was specific in which restaurant he was dining in and when the bunny boiler wasn't interested in anything on the menu he started to think she was, in fact, a bunny boiler.

adman50
12-09-2017, 03:03 PM

Everyone knows the craziest girls are the best in bed.

Keeper.

Green Bin
12-09-2017, 03:04 PM

Yeah but to Parish that counts as a signing, and at virtually no cost. I wonder if he mentioned that to Frank

TouchyAndalou
12-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Good to see constructive criticism.. It's no less constructive than the criticism of De Boer which it was posted in response to.

Dr Mags
12-09-2017, 04:47 PM
We may have beat those teams but we also lost to Sunderland, Swansea, Burnley etc. Lets not forget that in the last five games under Allardyce we lost four of them without scoring a goal.

Oh but they do forget!

Terrace Bickle
12-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Everyone knows the craziest girls are the best in bed.
Amen, but they usually end their lives in a house full of cats.