PDA

View Full Version : Message to Parish!

in-exile
11-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Think he needs some help.... You can pick more than one option!

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 02:26 PM
I would like to see Alex Dyer brought back to the club in some capacity. Neil Redfearn too.

Surely it's time Kember was given another go at the top job.

Failing that Paul Bodin.

Selhurst Celtic
11-09-2017, 02:27 PM
:moo:

Selhurst300
11-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Yawn

Garfy
11-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Go

Crystal Glitter
11-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Wake me up, when September ends......:S:

Nix
11-09-2017, 02:32 PM
When you have a great manager like Pulis or Allardyce, keep them.
Stop pissing them off with short sighted penny pinching and interference.

Thefunkymonk
11-09-2017, 02:33 PM

Yep

in-exile
11-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Stop pissing them off with short sighted penny pinching and interference. Double Yep!

swissroll
11-09-2017, 02:36 PM

We were the highest spending club in the PL while Sam was here

Nix
11-09-2017, 02:39 PM

Because we had to buy our selves out of trouble with over priced players as a result of not spending enough in the Summer.

CharlieCPFC
11-09-2017, 02:43 PM
We went wrong buying into Pardews idea of playing a more possession orientated game. In reality Puncheon dried up as the attacking midfielder we needed an out and out number 10. That's where our creative problems layed. We had a superb spine who wasn't blessed with natural talent individually but collectively the group were superb. We finished 10th and 11th with a weaker first 11 on paper.

In my opinion go back to what's served us best and get a manager in the ilk of Dyche or Wilder who will have a vision long term that reflects better on the clubs personnel and DNA. We don't need to spend silly amounts of money, we've been sucked into doing that. Get in place a better recruitment team and sign not only decent players technically but leaders who will give 100%.

eltron
11-09-2017, 02:49 PM
I think bringing in Cabaye ruined 2 of our best players. The skipper was undermined, and Punch, who had recently scored free kicks against Man Utd, City and Liverpool was no longer taking set pieces. Even yesterday in the 1st half we had a free kick that Punch should have taken. But Cabaye booted it into the wall. He has never produced a decent free kick for us.

swissroll
11-09-2017, 02:53 PM
In my opinion go back to what's served us best and get a manager in the ilk of Dyche or Wilder who will have a vision long term that reflects better on the clubs personnel and DNA. We don't need to spend silly amounts of money, we've been sucked into doing that. Get in place a better recruitment team and sign not only decent players technically but leaders who will give 100%.

We need an overall structure and vision as per Southampton where the manager isn't the be all and end all of the club. All we are doing is vision, fail, firefighter, quit, vision, fail, firefighter quit, repeat repeat

ExiledStirling
11-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Regain your mojo SP, you do not appear to be the guy you were a year or two back and it is starting to have a devastating affect on the club, as one bad decision leads to another, which leads to another.

CharlieCPFC
11-09-2017, 03:00 PM
We need an overall structure and vision as per Southampton where the manager isn't the be all and end all of the club. All we are doing is vision, fail, firefighter, quit, vision, fail, firefighter quit, repeat repeat

But Southampton have built that off their infrastructure and great academy setup. Something that we neither possess. They're able to bring players in who 9/10 are successful at the club.

Just think if TP was still here and we had signed Siggurdsson where we'd be right now. If we could formulate our ideal side based on our signings over the last 4 years we'd be easily top 10.

Recruitment in my eyes is essential we have a serious look at.

mrgins
11-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Stand up to the yanks!

S.P.R.
11-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Chris Wilder

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 03:05 PM
I think SP needs to take a step back and really decide if his behaviour is affecting the club in a way which is no longer positive.

He seems to be making mistake after mistake in terms of decision making and right now his behaviour is adversely affecting the club and has made us a bit of a joke.

He really needs help from someone who has a better football knowledge than himself.

Crunchie
11-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Stand up to the yanks!

This!

It the f*cking Yanks fault putting pressure on. It has all gone wrong since those muppets have got involved. Palace is now more chaotic than the white house

sideburns7
11-09-2017, 03:12 PM
But Southampton have built that off their infrastructure and great academy setup. Something that we neither possess. They're able to bring players in who 9/10 are successful at the club.

Just think if TP was still here and we had signed Siggurdsson where we'd be right now. If we could formulate our ideal side based on our signings over the last 4 years we'd be easily top 10.

Recruitment in my eyes is essential we have a serious look at.

We had a good side then and your right buy the player
Personally shouldn't have got rid of Gayle either

danpalace07
11-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Where's the "find a new chairman and step back" option?

alanlee11
11-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Do not appoint the dinosaur

alanlee11
11-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I think SP needs to take a step back and really decide if his behaviour is affecting the club in a way which is no longer positive.

He seems to be making mistake after mistake in terms of decision making and right now his behaviour is adversely affecting the club and has made us a bit of a joke.

He really needs help from someone who has a better football knowledge than himself.

The ironic thing is he tried to get help but brought in Dougie F'ing Freedman! One of the weirdest and stupid decisions I've witnessed from Palace recently. Since when does Dougie Freedman have enough knowledge and experience to decide/influence if a Premier League manager should be sacked and who should replace him?!?

SEEPEEEFFSEE
BfS only man for the job, was the absolute perfect fit for Palace.

The Misfit
I would like to see Alex Dyer brought back to the club in some capacity. Neil Redfearn too.

Surely it's time Kember was given another go at the top job.

Failing that Paul Bodin.
Thomas Brolin for me.

thefox
11-09-2017, 03:40 PM
I think bringing in Cabaye ruined 2 of our best players. The skipper was undermined, and Punch, who had recently scored free kicks against Man Utd, City and Liverpool was no longer taking set pieces. Even yesterday in the 1st half we had a free kick that Punch should have taken. But Cabaye booted it into the wall. He has never produced a decent free kick for us.

His set pieces have been awful for years.

CPFC.1990
11-09-2017, 03:44 PM
The ironic thing is he tried to get help but brought in Dougie F'ing Freedman! One of the weirdest and stupid decisions I've witnessed from Palace recently. Since when does Dougie Freedman have enough knowledge and experience to decide/influence if a Premier League manager should be sacked and who should replace him?!?

Also, totally undermined de Boer and made his position look even weaker. Appalling bit of management by Parish.

smileysmith
11-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Clinton for manager!

old simmo
11-09-2017, 04:27 PM
How,come Allardyce had such a poor record at the start of his stay never mind the rubbish record at the end. No mention of him going. Had a glory patch in the middle. That's, all

GrayP41ace
11-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Lowest this summer, coupled with a new manager. Haha, genius thinking from up top.

thereichstuff
11-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Stay off twitter would be my message .

Jon_C-Pal
11-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Regain your mojo SP, you do not appear to be the guy you were a year or two back and it is starting to have a devastating affect on the club, as one bad decision leads to another, which leads to another.

This 100%. I personally think he's taken the club as far as he can.

alanlee11
11-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Mark Edworthy to take over management of the Red and Blue Bar, with Carlo Nash as new striker coach.

Get them all back, every ex player until we've tried them all. Regardless of suitability, their Palace connection trumps all logic. Anyone from Croydon or the nearby area will do. Just get them all in!

tbooker
11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Rizzo, Foster and Morrison (Andy) the dream team

jimmy the gent
11-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Is this thread a karaoke request for his next jolly boys outing?

PobrSpMwKk4

xian1
11-09-2017, 04:47 PM
The club with whoever is running it these days are acting in a small town amateur way, We cannot attract top talent with this sycophantic mindset at present. If SP is responsible for this, he needs to go and find someone with more football acumen. It's not as if he doesn't have other things to do ....

PHIL BARBER
11-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Tell the Yanks to F.......k off as they are ruining your legacy and credibility

PHIL BARBER
11-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Bring back Rudi Hedman , and Lee Sinnott

EsussexEagle
11-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Also, totally undermined de Boer and made his position look even weaker. Appalling bit of management by Parish.

If, as it appears from some of the reports, SP had decided a couple of weeks in that fdb was already a gonna, then getting dougie in was definitely in case no other manager wanted to come in seeing the next 4 games we had coming.

racehorse-80s
11-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Tell the Yanks to F.......k off as they are ruining your legacy and credibility

What proof is there that the yanks have anything to do with this ?

costello
11-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Parish's reputation is shot to pieces. The BBC has gone in hard on him. If it was the Yanks' decision then I imagine that Parish will have tendered his resignation.

Harry Bassett
11-09-2017, 06:04 PM
From a footballing perspective I suspect ( I have not spoken to the man) that Steve knows less about the game than he thinks, he has though put a lot more money into the club than I have.

I also suspect that he is fearful of becoming a Goldberg or Jordan and that this has a negative impact on player investment and progressing the club.

norwood58
11-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Would love BFS back, but sadly it ain't gonna happen.

Dorking .Eagle
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Parish's reputation is shot to pieces. The BBC has gone in hard on him. If it was the Yanks' decision then I imagine that Parish will have tendered his resignation.

Most of the people 'going in hard' haven't watched all 4 games in full and are commenting purely on it being 'only 4 games'.

Whilst a corner had been turned, we never played to our full strengths, and with our squad, we cannot afford to lose some of the games we have done, in the manner we lost them.

This squad is capable of 40-45 pts under careful management, and we wouldn't even get that, losing the sort of home games we have already

dave_who_ru
Lowest this summer, coupled with a new manager. Haha, genius thinking from up top.

10th highest net spend!

Where's Keith Millen when you need him.

jimos_uk
Typical nonsense thread from someone who, given his sign up date, must at least be in his teens and should really know better.

nomad
11-09-2017, 06:15 PM

Couldn't put it better myself. Parish is a liability and should be bought out and sanity restored. If they appoint "Woy" Hodgson then we are doomed to Championship football next year. In addition, the loan signings may be recalled quite justifiably by their clubs. The way this club has been run over the last few years is disgraceful. It is time for Parish to sell his share of the club and get someone in who can take the club forward. I am so angry about what has happened today.

thereichstuff
11-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Typical nonsense thread from someone who, given his sign up date, must at least be in his teens and should really know better.

Neg coming your way :)

jimos_uk
11-09-2017, 06:18 PM

Couldn't give a hoot. I recently took everyone that I had previously placed on ignore off because I thought 'hey, maybe these folks might have something to add'.

Turns out I was wrong.

jimos_uk
11-09-2017, 06:26 PM

:p

Neg rep duly received. 'Don't post on it then'.

It's almost like the kid doesn't understand how a messageboard works. Each to their own, I guess.

Keep on with your nonsense, seems to make you happy.

SeanPalace84
11-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Big Sam.. please please come back.

orp pisshead1
11-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Because there's no infrastructure at the club.

spt1978
11-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Mooooooooooo

Also, perhaps we need to question the dressing room mentality, why do they seem to churn managers up, even Sam struggled with them at first.

Fatboy
11-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Where's the "find a new chairman and step back" option?

Or 'Welcome to our new Chinese Overlords' option?......
;)

cowlin87
11-09-2017, 06:43 PM

This is spot on. No company would work the way we do. They have an aim and make it pervade every aspect of their work

PalaceSi
11-09-2017, 06:44 PM
There's a lot of misinformed nonsense being spouted by a lot of fans today.
Without knowing what the chemistry was like on the training pitch with the manager and players and without knowing what the relationship is like between chairman and manager its really is hard to make an informed judgement on whether FDB should be sacked or not.
It sounds like both were pretty bad and that coupled with the dreadful results it left Parish with no choice really.
How fans can say he was wrong in that judgement when they know nothing is a bit strange if you ask me. I for one totally trust SP's judgement and he's made plenty of good calls along the way when frankly the managers have often disagreed, like bringing Wilf back and now Sakho.
Ultimately he's a Palace fan who knows what we are about and he's done a fantastic job getting us where we are. There have been many tough calls and holes to dig us out from but he hasn't failed yet and i'm right behind him, todays decision was correct yet again.

bigend1
11-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Without knowing what the chemistry was like on the training pitch with the manager and players and without knowing what the relationship is like between chairman and manager its really is hard to make an informed judgement on whether FDB should be sacked or not.
It sounds like both were pretty bad and that coupled with the dreadful results it left Parish with no choice really.
How fans can say he was wrong in that judgement when they know nothing is a bit strange if you ask me. I for one totally trust SP's judgement and he's made plenty of good calls along the way when frankly the managers have often disagreed, like bringing Wilf back and now Sakho.
Ultimately he's a Palace fan who knows what we are about and he's done a fantastic job getting us where we are. There have been many tough calls and holes to dig us out from but he hasn't failed yet and i'm right behind him, todays decision was correct yet again.

The appointment was completely wrong but this was the right answer to that even if it is regrettable. The right and brave option

Glɑzier
11-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Clinton for manager!

You sure? She lost to trump. Think it would be a worse appointment than Moyes personally.

Gizmo
11-09-2017, 06:58 PM

^ This

eagleali
11-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Well Said now we move on .:p

SW11 Andy
11-09-2017, 10:22 PM

Impossible. Parish is the coolest, greatest thinking living Englishman alive. He needs to tell everyone about his plans so they can agree with him.
What a (&@

Martin H
12-09-2017, 12:02 AM
I would have added an option to the poll that said - Steve if you are reading this STOP listening to fans!

CPFC.1990
12-09-2017, 12:11 AM
I would have added an option to the poll that said - Steve if you are reading this STOP listening to fans!

He's not though is he??

No fan in their right mind would have done half the things Parish has done recently.

cybais
12-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Because we had to buy our selves out of trouble with over priced players as a result of not spending enough in the Summer.

^ Yep :D