PDA

View Full Version : Only one way out of this mess...

Eastern Boy
12-09-2017, 07:26 AM
The one thing we have done in the past, when faced with adversity, the press taking snipes, when we may be a laughing stock to some, when faced with impossible odds, (remember minus 10?), the only way we can survive this season, we STICK TOGETHER.

There has been time for recrimination, to question, to be angry, to wonder but we, the fans can do no more than support the new manager, get behind parish and the players and hope our vocal support and encouragement will be enough.

Do nothing, remain divided, and we are as good as down already.

eagles2008
12-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Whilst I was a big critic of FDB and think there has been a whole load of rubbish with the club since the end of last season.

What needs to be done now is look to the future. It's going to be Steve Parish as chairman, Roy Hodgson in charge with Dougie as director of Football, it's still a similar squad to last season and we now need to start looking at getting 40 points in whatever way possible.

It is now time to forget the past and support the club. It would be brilliant if we can do what we did last year and get people in early to support the players. As supporters we all want 3 points in any game and none bigger than Saturday so it is time we all do our bit at Selhurst.

Debate everything else before and after the game.

HOVE EAGLE
12-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Totally agree we've been here before loads of times and pulled through
I'll be there Saturday cheering us on

Kirby
12-09-2017, 09:23 AM
the only way we can survive this season, we STICK TOGETHER.

You are Steve Parish and I claim my 5.

mroakley9
12-09-2017, 09:25 AM
gbrbUfYSt0E

Nigel_Scarfer
12-09-2017, 09:26 AM
I do love a good old internet rallying cry!

Kylie_Tracey
12-09-2017, 09:29 AM
we're in a more sticky mess than when Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

SW11 Andy
12-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Support the players YES
Parish NO

SW11 Andy
12-09-2017, 09:31 AM

Impossible, it wasn't on Twitter or in a National Newspaper

thefox
12-09-2017, 09:33 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51OmoGUiJJL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Skintagain
12-09-2017, 09:34 AM
The one thing we have done in the past, when faced with adversity, the press taking snipes, when we may be a laughing stock to some, when faced with impossible odds, (remember minus 10?), the only way we can survive this season, we STICK TOGETHER.

There has been time for recrimination, to question, to be angry, to wonder but we, the fans can do no more than support the new manager, get behind parish and the players and hope our vocal support and encouragement will be enough.

Alrighty, who's getting sacked next.

CPFC.1990
12-09-2017, 09:38 AM
The club have treated the fans very badly over this too don't forget. 5 years in this division and we are no better off than we were before and now a large percentage of the fan base have turned on the board......

The next Charlton Pathletic anyone?

Sharkba1t
12-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Personally cant see what difference "sticking together" makes, and what it actually means.

I will be there on Saturday supporting the team as usual, but to be honest, I will probably be fairly quiet to begin with because of our awful home form.
I really hope that the players show that they want to get out of this mess.
Feel a little bit shell shocked with all this.

Maz
12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
The club have treated the fans very badly over this too don't forget. 5 years in this division and we are no better off than we were before

My heart bleeds for you and the appalling treatment to which you have been subjected.

I normally don't buy into threads like this, but in this particular case the OP may have a point.

dowieslovechild
12-09-2017, 09:44 AM
The press and the BBS label it a mess, but this is by no means new territory for us. We find ourselves in this exact position at the beginning of every season.

Holloway, a lovely guy, albeit a bit of a clown, but sadly he was way in over his head.
Pulis was a good bet, but his boots got too big for his feet and he tried and failed to hold the club to ransom.
Pardew tried a bold new style of play, but his execution was awful, not helped by his unfortunate arrogant nature and his lack of understanding of the importance of fitness and training.
Allardyce, steadied the ship and proved many wrong. Who knows what went on, but I guarantee that lack on transfer funds was a huge deciding factor.
De Boer, the moment he strode out onto the Selhurst Park pitch, in Chinos, boating shoes and an opened neck shirt, his card was marked. Looked out of place then and never recovered.

The positives:

We are just four games into a season.
We have Sakho, Souare, Wilf and Tomkins all returning pretty soon.
We are Palace, the Houdini's of the EPL.

Chin up boys!

SE25 exile
12-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Personally cant see what difference "sticking together" makes, and what it actually means.

I don't think SP knows either.

Skintagain
12-09-2017, 09:50 AM

I will be there on Saturday supporting the team as usual, but to be honest, I will probably be fairly quiet to begin with because of our awful home form.
I really hope that the players show that they want to get out of this mess.
Feel a little bit shell shocked with all this.

It's obviously the new "vote of confidence".

ForzaPalace
12-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Fans stick together, but the people upstairs do not fall into that category let it be clear

IanH
12-09-2017, 10:19 AM

The players and the coaches will keep the side up (or not as the case may be). Nothing to do with the fans - I remember the season we went down rock bottom (80-81). The fans stuck with the team throughout the season but the players were really poor (did we have four managers that season?) and we dropped around Easter time. We scored a goal up at Man City in the last game of the season and the 100 or so of us up there did a conga around the massive away end in the Kippax - the Man City fans just looked at us like we were mad! The plus point of being positive about being bottom with no points is that you do not feel so bad when we lose. It's the expectation (or over expectation) that makes fans angry. As there is nothing the fans can really do to change things on the pitch we might as well just turn up and enjoy the ride. It could be our last chance to play the big teams for quite a few years.

Spindle
12-09-2017, 12:17 PM
We had 1 point from 9 games using a squad with Cameron Jerome, Parr and Dean Moxey, Owen Garven etc and NO WILF. We stayed up.

COYP

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
12-09-2017, 12:21 PM
We have always performed best when we are the underdog, it's what Palace is all about.

EdMan
12-09-2017, 12:22 PM
VlVyCW8lZC0

Lombardo's hair
12-09-2017, 12:23 PM
The press and the BBS label it a mess, but this is by no means new territory for us. We find ourselves in this exact position at the beginning of every season.

Holloway, a lovely guy, albeit a bit of a clown, but sadly he was way in over his head.
Pulis was a good bet, but his boots got too big for his feet and he tried and failed to hold the club to ransom.
Pardew tried a bold new style of play, but his execution was awful, not helped by his unfortunate arrogant nature and his lack of understanding of the importance of fitness and training.
Allardyce, steadied the ship and proved many wrong. Who knows what went on, but I guarantee that lack on transfer funds was a huge deciding factor.
De Boer, the moment he strode out onto the Selhurst Park pitch, in Chinos, boating shoes and an opened neck shirt, his card was marked. Looked out of place then and never recovered.

The positives:

We are just four games into a season.
We have Sakho, Souare, Wilf and Tomkins all returning pretty soon.
We are Palace, the Houdini's of the EPL.

Chin up boys!

When they come back someone else is likely to get injured. Also do you know what happened to Houdini? It comes to us all in the end . Play with fire and all that

GrayP41ace
12-09-2017, 12:23 PM

Haha, that's you sacked tomorrow :D

trufan
12-09-2017, 12:24 PM
I'll certainly be backing the players - what's the point of doing anything else? That said, I certainly don't think they're blameless in all this. Weak, unprofessional and lacking commitment are all allegations they might legitimately consider after the performances since January 2016.

It's up to them to now show some pride and pull us out of the mess they've helped create. There's no way we should be in this position - I sincerely hope they're as embarrassed as we are and start taking it out on their opponents.

Hector
12-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Whilst I was a big critic of FDB and think there has been a whole load of rubbish with the club since the end of last season.

What needs to be done now is look to the future. It's going to be Steve Parish as chairman, Roy Hodgson in charge with Dougie as director of Football, it's still a similar squad to last season and we now need to start looking at getting 40 points in whatever way possible.

It is now time to forget the past and support the club. It would be brilliant if we can do what we did last year and get people in early to support the players. As supporters we all want 3 points in any game and none bigger than Saturday so it is time we all do our bit at Selhurst.

Debate everything else before and after the game.

I'm not a big fan of the "stick Together" stuff if its sh1t say it. That said I'm feeling hopeful about Saturday. De Boer has gone so that will immediately lift the players, likely Sammy Lee will have a big influence on team selection so we'll see a Sam type team. Could even nick a win as the Southampton aren't flying.

costello
12-09-2017, 01:45 PM
The club have treated the fans very badly over this too don't forget. 5 years in this division and we are no better off than we were before and now a large percentage of the fan base have turned on the board......

In what way have "the club treated the fans badly"? Losing too many matches at home do you mean?

costello
12-09-2017, 01:46 PM
If sticking together means being loud and no booing then yes, absolutely.

MENTALLY TOUGH
12-09-2017, 01:52 PM
If sticking together means being loud and no booing then yes, absolutely.

What about if we are 4 nil down at Half Time ?

Langers
12-09-2017, 01:56 PM
https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-stick-together-4.png

HF display for Saturday?

Payroll Legend
12-09-2017, 01:57 PM

If we win on Sat it will all be forgotten. Despite your best attempts.

Eagleinmk
12-09-2017, 01:58 PM
A few renditions of 'Don't worry about a thing..' might be in order!

Zulu84
12-09-2017, 02:02 PM
We had 1 point from 9 games using a squad with Cameron Jerome, Parr and Dean Moxey, Owen Garven etc and NO WILF. We stayed up.

COYP

Would love to have Cam Jam back right about now....

Payroll Legend
12-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Would love to have Cam Jam back right about now....

Yep

Eastern Boy
12-09-2017, 03:01 PM

I'm afraid not, a lot of people on here if you have been about at palace for 20 years or more, may know of me, the clue is at the bottom of my posts

chrisophiex
12-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Fans stick together, but the people upstairs do not fall into that category let it be clear

Upper Holmesdale ?

chrisophiex
12-09-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm afraid not, a lot of people on here if you have been about at palace for 20 years or more, may know of me, the clue is at the bottom of my posts

Are you Eastern Eagle ?

alf
12-09-2017, 05:32 PM

COYP

Thanks for pointing that out out. It makes me feel a little bit better and gives me some hope that we may turn things around :)

CPFC.1990
12-09-2017, 05:55 PM
In what way have "the club treated the fans badly"? Losing too many matches at home do you mean?

Selling us the idea of Frank de Boer then not giving him any time to implement this new football style.

Sick Bucket
12-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Support the players YES
Parish NO

Good one. Let's hound him out of the club maybe he'll sell his shares to the US lot or some random Chinese/Arab... that'll improve things no end.

Who would you like to see running the club?

Sure he's made some mistakes and he'd be the first to admit it, but really if you think there's a better option waiting in the sidelines lets hear it.

Actually, IF there was a better option I'm sure Parish would take it. I bet he'd love to just go back to being a fan.

garronrav
12-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Good one. Let's hound him out of the club maybe he'll sell his shares to the US lot or some random Chinese/Arab... that'll improve things no end.

Who would you like to see running the club?

Sure he's made some mistakes and he'd be the first to admit it, but really if you think there's a better option waiting in the sidelines lets hear it.

Actually, IF there was a better option I'm sure Parish would take it. I bet he'd love to just go back to just being a fan.

I always thought Gaddafi was a good shout,

Nostrils
12-09-2017, 06:10 PM
For a very short while at least, we'll be the most unpopular team in England, I'm taking that with me on Saturday, and I'm going to enjoy it.

If we're quiet, we're going to hear 'Oh when the saints' sung none stop for two ******* hours - if that's not enough inspiration, I don't know what is.

Sick Bucket
12-09-2017, 06:12 PM
I always thought Gaddafi was a good shout,

Hahaha yeah me too, classic.

Can you imagine him walking into the dressing room to bollock the players, you'd take him seriously wouldn't you?

dowieslovechild
12-09-2017, 06:38 PM
When they come back someone else is likely to get injured. Also do you know what happened to Houdini? It comes to us all in the end . Play with fire and all that

That's the spirit

Eastern Boy
12-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Are you Eastern Eagle ?

As in the eastern eagles, yes

palacemetros
12-09-2017, 10:46 PM
I'm in a bit of a quandary. When the Chelski players decided not to perform for Mourinho and got him sacked, only to start playing well again afterwards, I recall thinking that if our players ever did that, there would be no way I could show them my support again until they'd earned my respect again. Yet here we are, with rumours of the players being instrumental in the sacking of FdB (although Sunday didn't look like they weren't trying - but did they already know he was out?). Regardless of whether FdB was right or wrong, I don't EVER want players in a Palace shirt to f*ck with our club.

So, I might end up being a spectator for this Saturday, rather than a supporter. Not sure which yet.

Langers
12-09-2017, 11:23 PM
For a very short while at least, we'll be the most unpopular team in England, I'm taking that with me on Saturday, and I'm going to enjoy it.

If we're quiet, we're going to hear 'Oh when the saints' sung none stop for two ******* hours - if that's not enough inspiration, I don't know what is.

:p

trufan
12-09-2017, 11:45 PM

The single worst song in football. For pity's sake let's drown the buggers out

jimmy the gent
12-09-2017, 11:58 PM
Taking inspiration from this thread, the HF should add Rick Astley's Together Forever to their body of work. If they can work in some kind of dance routine, the better for it.

yPYZpwSpKmA