PDA

View Full Version : Albafiera

steveholmesdale
12-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Am currently on holiday down in albafiera, any palace fans down here and if so where are you going to watch the game on Saturday

Maidstoned Eagle
12-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Albafuera. Just head for the nearest Brit bar, wall to wall football when I was there in June.....

steveholmesdale
12-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Excuse my ignorance maidstoned, as I have not been into the town yet but how would I know they are Brit bars, or will it become obvious as I/we stroll around

NYEagle
12-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Old Town or New Town? As it is a live Sky game, there will be plenty of pubs showing it. Most will advertise the games they are showing in advance.

Scoobys is in Gale (10 minute cab ride) and is owned by a Palace fan.

bradpitt
12-09-2017, 08:28 PM
There'll be sunburnt louts outside throwing plastic patio chairs at each other

NYEagle
12-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Albafuera. Just head for the nearest Brit bar, wall to wall football when I was there in June.....

Albufeira.

NYEagle
12-09-2017, 08:34 PM
There'll be sunburnt louts outside throwing plastic patio chairs at each other

Luckily not since 2004, although there was trouble the other weekend. It was arranged by Brits over the internet to come for the weekend and cause trouble - I recall 2-3 women were arrested at the airport for fighting.

Lombardarian
12-09-2017, 08:44 PM
If it is like Mojacar or Almeria, with which I am familiar, then you can't really miss the Brit bars - flags, banners, street signs and brits hanging around outside,etc - it wil defo be obvious!

aashman12
13-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Am currently on holiday down in albafiera, any palace fans down here and if so where are you going to watch the game on Saturday

What's it like there this time of year?

Penstone Eagle
13-09-2017, 12:44 PM
There's a place in Portugal with a similar sounding town name.

regal_eagle
13-09-2017, 12:55 PM
There's a place in Portugal with a similar sounding town name.

I'm going to be in Lisbon during the City & Utd matches (the Mrs lucked out booking it months ago, thankfully not missing any Home matches), so am going to have to ask you lot for suggestions of places to watch those matches..

bigend1
13-09-2017, 01:03 PM

We saw a game last year there. The strip was too hen/stag do for us as a couple.

The old town is still very Brit abroad so you'll find plenty. Think we got a good seat in a place called Piccadilly to watch the game. Good cocktails too and peroni on tap I think.

Maidstoned Eagle
13-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Albufeira.

That's wat I said

JDawg
13-09-2017, 01:39 PM
You're on holiday. Relax. Take a break

Maidstoned Eagle
13-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Excuse my ignorance maidstoned, as I have not been into the town yet but how would I know they are Brit bars, or will it become obvious as I/we stroll around

Just listen out for the ED Sheeran impersonators and the hen and stag does screaming at each other.

AJ8
13-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Just listen out for the ED Sheeran impersonators and the hen and stag does screaming at each other.

And fat, loud northerners eating full English breakfasts in the afternoon.

old git
13-09-2017, 02:36 PM
If it is like Mojacar or Almeria, with which I am familiar, then you can't really miss the Brit bars - flags, banners, street signs and brits hanging around outside,etc - it wil defo be obvious!

Mojacar has gone down hill then.When I last went in the mid nineties it was very quiet with hardly a bar in sight.

NYEagle
13-09-2017, 02:43 PM
We saw a game last year there. The strip was too hen/stag do for us as a couple.

The old town is still very Brit abroad so you'll find plenty. Think we got a good seat in a place called Piccadilly to watch the game. Good cocktails too and peroni on tap I think.

Good bar in the lane at the back of Old Town. My daughter often goes there to start with on her nights out.

4 cryingOutloud
13-09-2017, 03:21 PM

It will defo be obvious. Look for Rolled up trousers, bracers, knotted hanky on head, curlers poking out under scarf.......:eek:

Jman
13-09-2017, 03:22 PM
I was hoping that this was our new striker :)

rovens
13-09-2017, 03:33 PM
I was out there for the Swansea game. A few places had it on and that was not a fancied game. I couldnt find any other palace fans though. Most punters were from up North. I think the bars in old town have the most screens so good for 3 o'clock games in particular

Maidstonecpfc
13-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Go to Scoobies Bar in St Raphael (which 10 minutes away) and owned by a big Palace fan.

Bungalow
13-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Just look for the bars which are paying you to go in and watch.

SilentAssassin
14-09-2017, 06:31 AM

Just follow the geezer that looks like he has enjoyed one to many full English fry ups in his time. He'll be wearing a pink Hackett polo which will be a similar shade to the sunburn on top of his head.

Lombardarian
14-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Mojacar has gone down hill then.When I last went in the mid nineties it was very quiet with hardly a bar in sight.

Mojacar now has loads of bars/cafes, restaurants and beach bars. Lots of Brits about. A few obviously Brit bars/cafes appearing in recent times too.

old traf
14-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Bloody hot, has been for months .

orp pisshead1
14-09-2017, 07:27 AM
I'm going to be in Lisbon during the City & Utd matches (the Mrs lucked out booking it months ago, thankfully not missing any Home matches), so am going to have to ask you lot for suggestions of places to watch those matches..

That's easy, get your ticket re issued to her best mate and job done :lux:

Canvey eagle
17-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Nice to meet you in the hangover bar Albufiera on Saturday, didn't get the result we wanted, but we will bounce back!